Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,761 members, 7,813,528 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:28 PM

Best Governor Of The Year 2009 - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Best Governor Of The Year 2009 (23323 Views)

Poll: Vote The Best Governor Of this Year

Barr Sullivan Chime (Enugu): 9% (15 votes)
Com. Adams Oshomole (Edo): 6% (11 votes)
Barr Babatunde Fashola (Lagos): 68% (114 votes)
Mr. Peter Obi (Anambra): 4% (7 votes)
Mr. Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi (Rivers): 7% (12 votes)
Mohammed Namadi Sambo (Kaduna): 0% (1 vote)
Gabriel Suswam (Benue): 1% (3 votes)
Ibrahim Shekarau (Kano): 1% (2 votes)
Martin Elechi (Ebonyi): 0% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Imoke Wins Best Governor Award / Fashola, Mimiko, Oshiomole Or Okorocha: Who Is The Best Governor? / Perez: Rochas Okorocha Ranks Best Governor In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by honeric01(m): 12:55pm On Dec 10, 2009
is Lagos the only state with gigantic population in Nigeria?
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by Waleyem(m): 12:56pm On Dec 10, 2009
Gov fasola is the best governor.no doubt about it.
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by nethacker(m): 1:18pm On Dec 10, 2009
jolly87:

no one compares to my fashola grin cool kiss
yes ooooo, thats our man

honeric01:

@ ^^^^, No sir.Lagos is not d only state with gigantic population but the only state where God Almighty resides cos miracles starts here.
Lagosians: In God We Trust  grin grin
God Bless Lagos
Eko o ni baje oooo, o baje ti grin
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by honeric01(m): 1:20pm On Dec 10, 2009
nethacker:

@ ^^^^, No sir.Lagos is not d only state with gigantic population but the only state where God Almighty resides cos miracles starts here.
Lagosians: In God We Trust  grin grin
God Bless Lagos
Eko o ni baje oooo, o baje ti grin

thanks, that question was actually for those who said Lagos is doing well because of the population and tax benefits.
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by zobay(m): 1:35pm On Dec 10, 2009
Fashola is the best governor in 9ja at this moment. Incomparable!!!
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by eneomojo: 1:45pm On Dec 10, 2009
Fashola is the best governor 4 the year 2009.
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by eneomojo: 1:47pm On Dec 10, 2009
Fashola is the best  governor 4 the year 2009.
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by phantom(m): 2:43pm On Dec 10, 2009
Fash is beautifyin lagos.Yes.What of people oriented projects.Does water flow in lagos freely?Do you have good public schools?Hospitals nko.Any scholarships?Poverty reduction nko?Lagos has not had any development in ages so the little this man is doin is givin allyall hard-ons.Eko ni baje o!Yeah right.When im comot office we go know.Trust my lagosians.Dem go run the place down again, Lol
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by ShadyDeal(m): 2:50pm On Dec 10, 2009
Alao Akala of Oyo state has my vote. He has transformed Oyo from a rural state to a cosmopolitan state.
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by AloyEmeka6: 2:57pm On Dec 10, 2009
babapupa:

This shows how petty and stupid some people can be. How is this picture connected to fashola?. Did Fashola build those structures or create the water?. Those structures were there even when marwa was in power, so what is your point?. Is it the boat hotel? The one you said he had no hand in?
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by zobay(m): 3:14pm On Dec 10, 2009
Fash is beautifyin lagos.Yes.What of people oriented projects.Does water flow in lagos freely?Do you have good public schools?Hospitals nko.Any scholarships?Poverty reduction nko?Lagos has not had any development in ages so the little this man is doin is givin allyall hard-ons.Eko ni baje o!Yeah right.When im comot office we go know.Trust my lagosians.Dem go run the place down again, Lol
Thank u for ur observation bt can u mention any state that has those stuffs u pointed out in place or the one that can match that of the lagos stuffs.

Alao Akala of Oyo state has my vote. He has transformed Oyo from a rural state to a cosmopolitan state.

Wonderful gov EREKE-that transformd rural state to a cosmopolitan state n state capital to rural city (Awolowo way- Molete to Dugbe road). and tax payers' for children wedding.The best gov from behind
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by daruche(m): 3:29pm On Dec 10, 2009
if you have not been to lagos before, at least ask your people around you and listen to comment from them on Fashola. BRF has tried in Lagos and deserve to be President of this country as well,

'Eko oni baje! o baje ti!'
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by paddylo1(m): 3:29pm On Dec 10, 2009
Wonderful gov EREKE-that transformd rural state to a cosmopolitan state n state capital to rural city (Awolowo way- Molete to Dugbe road). and tax payers' for children wedding.The best gov from behind
lol. . . grin
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by pipz(m): 3:34pm On Dec 10, 2009
akala my foot, otiooooooooooo!!! nothing good can come out of oyo state except 4 their misreable govenors bling, wish i could rip it of his neck that guy sucks no disrespect. m not from oyo oooooooooo, but whenever i pass thru Ibadan i weep. the place is upside down doesn't even look like there's a system them. PLS LETS' PRAY AND FAST 4 OYO STATE THEY NEED DIVINE INTERVENTION.
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by babapupa: 4:06pm On Dec 10, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

This shows how petty and silly some people can be. How is this picture connected to fashola?. Did Fashola build those structures or create the water?. Those structures were there even when marwa was in power, so what is your point?. Is it the boat hotel? The one you said he had no hand in?

I know the picture they kill you because your village no fit look like that in a million years.

Abeg no do bad bele go slit your wrist. take heart my brother, e go better. just go back to your village and help out instead of doing internet bad bele lmao.
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by vocalist(f): 4:10pm On Dec 10, 2009
the best governor of the year is no other person than the governor of Rivers State in person of Hon-Chhibuike-Rotimi
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by FFA: 4:12pm On Dec 10, 2009
BRFFFFFFFFFFFFF, FASOLA, MY MAN , I LIKE D PIX OF WARRI TOO, I LEFT THERE 1993. I THINK SOMETHING GREAT IS GOING ON THERE TOO,
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by babapupa: 4:13pm On Dec 10, 2009
Aloy Emeka, this is another one to scatter your bad bele. Enjoy,

Eko o ni baje o,
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by AloyEmeka6: 4:13pm On Dec 10, 2009
babapupa:

I know the picture they kill you because your village no fit look like that in a million years.

Abeg no do bad bele go slit your wrist. take heart my brother, e go better. just go back to your village and help out instead of doing internet bad bele lmao.

Forgive me for thinking you are more than 17 before. Your lingo reeks of teenage mentality. I will be damned to dignify your stupidity with a response.
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by babapupa: 4:26pm On Dec 10, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

Forgive me for thinking you are more than 17 before. Your lingo reeks of teenage mentality. I will be damned to dignify your stupidity with a response.

Your attitude reeks disgruntledness, lack of self worth and pride. Bad bele and putting other people down to make you feel good about yourself and your  village only compounds your problem, Ndo.
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by babapupa: 4:33pm On Dec 10, 2009
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by lysim: 4:36pm On Dec 10, 2009
Fashola all the way.
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by zobay(m): 4:39pm On Dec 10, 2009
Oro yi abi imi!!! Na best gov we dey talk here now.
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by babapupa: 4:58pm On Dec 10, 2009
Fashola Declines To Commission Project, Insists On Quality

Lagos State Governor, Mr Babatunde Fashola (SAN) on Monday declined to commission the newly developed multi purpose storey office and shopping complex situated at Obafemi Awolowo way in Ikeja because of the substandard finishing of the complex.

Governor Fashola who spoke at Ikeja in the course of his second day of his on-going tour of projects in the state which took him to Lagos West Senatorial District added that henceforth the government would no longer accept any half measure or management in quality of projects.

He added that his administration would no longer accept any situation where a structure that is not on sound footing is allowed to stand, insisting that the administration is ready to ensure that if it fails to get it right the first time it would start it all over again.

Said he: “structurally the building looks good, but we need to pay attention to the finishing. We are not going to manage anymore, if we don’t get it right, we won’t use it. If we get it wrong , we will bring it down and start again”.

Continuing, Fashola said: “we are not going to compromise with any contractor. There is nothing wrong with the building, it is just that we think much more detail should be paid to the finishing. The same king of attention we paid to structure should be paid to the soft furnishing and other details”

The Governor who also commissioned the State Digital village asserted that it would provide business opportunities to indigent young professionals like draughtsmen, architects and artists who cannot pay the bills of renting formal offices to have access to computers to transact their businesses.

He added that the digital village would also serve as a certified training centre for reputable organisations like Microsoft and CISCO among others so that the facilities present at the centre can also be used to improve the capability of young Nigerians.

Governor Fashola who also commissioned the rebranded Lagos State Fire Service and Safety office at Alausa promised that the State would purchase more water tankers to accompany fire fighting trucks.

He added that the move would ensure an end to the problem of water scarcity which has been responsible for slowing down the pace of the organisation’s response to fire incidents across the state.

He asserted that the state Government has not jettisoned the proposed new state drivers license scheme insisting that it is still putting finishing touches to some of the facilities that would allow the system take off successfully.

He explained that the programme is still on course and that some of the facilities at the driving school in Oshodi such as the simulator is not fully ready.

He also informed that the first phase of the Ago Palace Way expansion project and bridge would be completed by October this year.

The Lagos State Governor inspected the prototype building containing 24 courtrooms of four floors at Ogba under construction and asked the Permanent Secretary of the Office of Works to ensure that the building takes cognisance of the physically challenged who might need to gain access to it before it is completed.

At the construction site of the gorge at Yaya Abatan Street, Governor Fashola was received by a tumultuous crowd of residents and opinion leaders in the Yaya Abatan area who expressed appreciation to the Governor for embarking on the project.

The Governor appealed to the people to exercise patience with the State Government, promising that more roads and channelisation projects would be embarked upon as time goes on, adding that as long as there are human settlements, there would be development challenges.

At the site of the upgraded and rehabilitated General Hospital at Ifako- Ijaiye, Governor Fashola inspected the level of work and directed that the marble floor of the X-ray Centre should be removed as it was too slippery and could endanger the lives of patients at the hospital.

Governor Fashola inspected ongoing work at Iju road- Fagba via station and the Adiyan River which is scheduled for dredging; saying the need to dredge the Adiyan River was one of the challenges of Lagos as a coastal state.

He charged the community at Adiyan to cooperate with the contractor as the project progresses and also asked the residents to always report there observations on the project to the state.

At the Ekoro-Abule Egba road which is one of the roads listed in the rehabilitation plans of the state and expected to link Abeokuta expressway and serve as a bye pass and complete the link between Meiran , Ajasa, Command and Ayobo, Governor Fashola was told by the Special Adviser on Works and Infrastructure Engineer Ganiyu Johnson that the project has already passed 70 percent completion stage.

He told the people to expect more goodies from the present administration in Lagos State but that they should be ready to pay their taxes when due.

Governor Fashola was also at the Skills acquisition centre at Egan where inspected the level of work and commended the quality of work done of the edifice.

The Lagos State helmsman rounded up the visit with a tour of some projects like the BTL Health and Diagnostic centre and expressed satisfaction with the level of work carried out at the complex.
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by ochukoccna: 5:02pm On Dec 10, 2009
honeric01:

Leave tribal sentiments aside, na only Lagos. 17 million and still counting. Traffic  gridlock, waste generated, energy demanded etc. all point to this. Fashola's new ID card scheme 'll disprove or confirm true census figures.
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by phantom(m): 5:03pm On Dec 10, 2009
Rotimi aka now now.com
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by ochukoccna: 5:22pm On Dec 10, 2009
Whether it's Fashola or not , 9ja peoples are not blind and know which politicians are working and which ones are looting. Even all the work Fash has done is negligible as the infrastructural rot is great and while he has the praise of many for what he has done so far, like Oliver Twist told Mr. Bumble, "Please, sir, I want some more." Is that to much to ask for the Action Governor ?
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by babapupa: 5:47pm On Dec 10, 2009
ochukoccna:

Whether it's Fashola or not , 9ja peoples are  not blind and know which politicians are working and which ones are looting. Even all the work Fash has done is negligible as the infrastructural rot is great and while he has the praise of many for what he has done so far, like Oliver Twist told Mr. Bumble, "Please, sir, I want some more." Is that to much to ask for the Action Governor ?

It's not much to ask for and I'm sure he'd love to do more, you just have to give him the extra money to help him provide more. Like Yoruba people dey say, the soup wey sweet well well, na money make am.

Money places limitations on everything we do or love to do. Lagosians are realistic and sensible people.
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by Orilee9ice(m): 5:48pm On Dec 10, 2009
Fash , oreeee miiiiiiiiiii!! maa go onm s'ohun jare Eko o ni baje o
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by eddmikky: 6:34pm On Dec 10, 2009
what a question, who else can perform the magic fashola is doing in a very difficult environment like lagos, he wonderfully sanitise lagos. i think he is a candidate for a presidentcy, thank you.
mike
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by themano: 7:32pm On Dec 10, 2009
For me, its Peter Obi of Anambra State. Given the bottom pit Anambra state has been and the level of infrastructure, roads, hospitals, the number of schools fixed, and the FACT (if you doubt this, come to Anambra state and tour the towns and villages) that anambra state bar Abuja, has the BEST network of roads in Nigeria.

Enugu state is just Enugu city that is seeing good things. Lagos has been the Federal Capital and has solid structures for sustainable growth. And both of them have the Majority of their legislators in the same party

In Anambra state, Until Ngige did some roads, nothing good had happened since Ukpabi Asika Regime in the 70s. And to perform with the PDP hawks around, is so amazing.

Almost every village has at least one Good tarred road (177 villages!), primary health care center.

Compared to what is coming in and what the man is doing, i will give it to him anyday. Though he can certainly do better in his next tenure
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by edoyad(m): 8:09pm On Dec 10, 2009
Without a shadow of doubt, There's only one governor in Nigeria. The funny thing is that the remaining 35 morons cannot look at Lagos and see what is attainable instead they cry with one excuse or the other like any one forced them to rig their way into power.
Fashola doesn't deserve to be a Nigerian, he should have born in a better place.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Jonathan Receives N100.5m Donations To Buy PDP Form / Photos: Troops Clear More Boko Haram Camps In North East / Live Updates: Bauchi Bye Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.