Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,563 members, 7,816,370 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

Jonathan May Become President This Week - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan May Become President This Week (9021 Views)

Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date / Jonathan May Concede Defeat Soon - Punch / Jonathan May Be Jailed For 7 Years After Tenure - Prophet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan May Become President This Week by mikeoscar: 1:27am On Dec 22, 2009
I hope Jonathan Badluck doesn't become President,
He's got this strange resemblance with Abacha.

Sis,
How do you judge semblance really. He is not a uniformed man, no tribal marks, He is dark, tall and Ijaw, Well educated, does not wear googles to bed. Jonathan does not lead such a  reclusive existence like Abacha grin.

On a serious note, what do Vice Presidents actually do to highlight their potential giving the model of democracy we  ascribe to. Not even the current American Vice president can convince me in that role in terms of flashes of real potentials. Only Al Gore during the Clinton Administration and bet He messed-up the opportunity to show how He will handle crises during the , "I did not have , with that Woman , Monica , " speech. He chose to distance himself because of His political ambition and eventually lost support from within His party and most electorates in the U.S.

To day He is talking environment and doing well and that,  most people can relate to.
Re: Jonathan May Become President This Week by emmose(m): 1:41am On Dec 22, 2009
WHY ARE PEOPLE EVEN CALLING THIS JARGON OR TOO LONG OR excreta, ARE U GUYS SH*TING ME!!!!this is so serious, damn as a nigerian this scares me!!asin to the core, because its like we dont have a country no more, i cant lie i feel like theres going to be a war soon, asin am not trying to be tribalistic or anything but THESE NORTHERN POLITICIANS ARE JUST EFFED UP!!!I FEEL THEYRE ARE OUR PROBLEM, FOR REAL!!THEYRE A BUNCH OF UNCIVILIZED,ILLITERATE RIOT MONGERS!!!wtf DO THEY OWN NIGERIA!!they act with all the vigor and pride yet they cant even develope or make a difference in naija , FOOLS!! alwyas talking about violence, i wish there was a way for them to be removed or for everyone to live the damned country foe them , lets see if they would kill themselves, always disturbing us with war and riot!!!!hiss

[color=#006600][/color]
babyme:

WHY ARE PEOPLE EVEN CALLING THIS JARGON OR TOO LONG OR excreta, ARE U GUYS SH*TING ME!!!!this is so serious, damn as a nigerian this scares me!!asin to the core, because its like we dont have a country no more, i cant lie i feel like theres going to be a war soon, asin am not trying to be tribalistic or anything but THESE NORTHERN POLITICIANS ARE JUST EFFED UP!!!I FEEL THEYRE ARE OUR PROBLEM, FOR REAL!!THEYRE A BUNCH OF UNCIVILIZED,ILLITERATE RIOT MONGERS!!!wtf DO THEY OWN NIGERIA!!they act with all the vigor and pride yet they cant even develope or make a difference in naija , FOOLS!! alwyas talking about violence, i wish there was a way for them to be removed or for everyone to live the damned country foe them , lets see if they would kill themselves, always disturbing us with war and riot!!!!hiss

Gbam! U don hammer ram.
Me just dey look. but com 2 think of it - is the stress worth it?
may be una should be politician, abi? Dey analise while dem dey play the game.
PEACE OUT!
Re: Jonathan May Become President This Week by Omolulu(m): 1:48am On Dec 22, 2009
Youngichou:

@muneer you really are dumb folded hausa patriotic chamelon, lol. Or you must be a tribalistic markarian looking for profit where you did not work @poster your comment truly was long but i have to say kudos  @to nigerians well this is politics and am just 16 and also a science student but if i must say i will go for the motion that WE Niger Deltans should go and have our country and be developed and let the hausa's go and farm in their land or country of USMAN DANFODIO also let the tribalistic beings (the yoruba's) go and cultivate cocoa in their republic of ODUDUWA.To the igbos let them go and join their Quack dead colonel. I mean colonel Ojukwu and Let the south-south rule africa.lets be the second land flowing with milk and honey.

Otondo! where will the milk and honey flow from when you start thinking like this? and how will u address the issue of the various tribes in the ND? and if you dont like tribalistic yoruba people even though you write like a tribalistic N. deltan, throw urself into an oil well for all i care, angry
Re: Jonathan May Become President This Week by idomababe(f): 2:04am On Dec 22, 2009
someone post something I consider very serious, either true or false and all you guys do is insult yourself. You are so concern about your tribe or is it ethnicity when we have important things to worry about, tell me how did obasanjo's presidency affect you specifically because you are yoruba, or yar'adua being fulani made life easier for the nomad in say sokoto. Some group of people, from all the various nook and cranny of the country have hijack the system, they just simple recycle themselves in the various goverment houses inthe country, And you are fighting over what tribe you are!!!!! very silly
Re: Jonathan May Become President This Week by supereagle(m): 2:29am On Dec 22, 2009
I gave my son the name Goodluck becos of this man, luck has been on his way, from deputy Gov. in Bayelsa to Gov and then VP. The Presido is beckoning on him. I hope the Northerner will not thwart the plan and purpose of God. If they prevent the man, everybody will go his way. OPC has talked, MEND has talked. Arewa is yet to talk, MASSOB is dead .
Re: Jonathan May Become President This Week by jestertech: 3:19am On Dec 22, 2009
I think goodluck will do an excellent job!
Re: Jonathan May Become President This Week by rasputinn(m): 3:28am On Dec 22, 2009
Mikeansy's post on page 1 was spot-on
Re: Jonathan May Become President This Week by gidson12(m): 3:32am On Dec 22, 2009
Nigeria a country full of drama
Re: Jonathan May Become President This Week by Youngichou(m): 5:20am On Dec 22, 2009
@omolulu or wat ur real name might b.do u know dat 4rm real view of tins d microscopic & macroscopic foundation of dis country is d niger deltans.if u doubt dis den prove wit an unbymass but microscopic view & let's hear wat u d tribalistic being ave 2 say. @2 nairalanders omolulu just remind me of a problem associated wit d yoruba's rulin nigeria.dis problem is dat durin their period of rulership they do notin worth commendarations but d contrary which is siphonin governmental funds & partyin.which wit no doubt is their habit.they re double chamelon lik 1 of commendarators said.TAKE AN EXAMPLE OF THEIR LOCAL HERO who after stealin a lot of money brought in an anti-corruption group by name OBANSAJO FINANCIAL CRIMES COMMISSION (OFCC) to cover his deeds, haaa! BABA OO, MON HAIL INYIN shey eti gba ewo nigeria sa lo anyway we're not suprise.after al corrupt practices brought by him the tribalistic human fellows (d yoruba's) now say's he deserve a nobel award.kom 2 tink of it wat has he done reasonable 4 dis country & by d way wen do yoruba's kom 2 know of nobel price award.TRULY speakin only a few i have seen dat re gud exemplary leaders dis re leaders in d light of fashola & wole soyinka. Al others re tribalistic humanitarians lookin 4 harvest where there's none work laid.I by name YOUNG OTUTU  4rm delta state in nigeria. Shey eti gbo omolulu ?
-d tribalisian. Ko efeh loh party ? Let's prepare anyway (ejekamalo). it's d 2rut mo soron funyi. 4 d northerns kun sani in mu (south - south ) tafi, zaku jin yunwa for the igbo's or biafrans i dont speak your language well but 'e e chorima the truth.in south - south chei won chori je. Chey!! agu a bugooo.lol
Re: Jonathan May Become President This Week by 9jaonibaje(m): 5:27am On Dec 22, 2009
The truth is that, they no the right thing to do but selfish intrest in killing dem cos they no if Mr. President resigns, they wnt av the avenue to embesul and will be flushd outby the next govt.
To me, if Mr. Present doesnt die, he will still anoda 4yrs.
Let's watch and kip our fingas crossed.
Nja onibaje ooooo.
Re: Jonathan May Become President This Week by olorunoba(m): 5:57am On Dec 22, 2009
Why so much noise if it is the will of God let it be, after that was Obj plan no one knew Yaradua will last this long.There was a predition even before he became president.If Jonathan Mr president what will he even achieve after all what did he do in his state.So much noise we are be rule by the same set forget about the colour,or tribe and he has to follow constitutional guide.So please let us not be tribalistic what are you ur self doing to lift ur village,state and Nigeria as a whole.That is the language of the twentyfirst centuary. [color=#006600][/color][b][/b]
Re: Jonathan May Become President This Week by desktop: 6:18am On Dec 22, 2009
come una sure say aboki never cross and someone is keeping it under wraps till dem don chop tire?
cos i no just understand wetin dey happen again o!
Re: Jonathan May Become President This Week by Kobojunkie: 6:38am On Dec 22, 2009
Youngichou:

@omolulu or wat your real name might b.do u know dat 4rm real view of tins d microscopic & macroscopic foundation of dis country is d niger deltans.if u doubt dis den prove wit an unbymass but microscopic view & let's hear wat u d tribalistic being ave 2 say. [size=13pt]@2 nairalanders omolulu just remind me of a problem associated wit d yoruba's rulin nigeria.dis problem is dat durin their period of rulership they do notin worth commendarations but d contrary which is siphonin governmental funds & partyin.which wit no doubt is their habit.they re double chamelon lik 1 of commendarators said.[/size] TAKE AN EXAMPLE OF THEIR LOCAL HERO who after stealin a lot of money brought in an anti-corruption group by name OBANSAJO FINANCIAL CRIMES COMMISSION (OFCC) to cover his deeds, haaa! BABA OO, MON HAIL INYIN shey eti gba ewo nigeria sa lo anyway we're not suprise.after al corrupt practices brought by him the tribalistic human fellows (d yoruba's) now say's he deserve a nobel award.kom 2 tink of it wat has he done reasonable 4 dis country & by d way wen do yoruba's kom 2 know of nobel price award.TRULY speakin only a few i have seen dat re gud exemplary leaders dis re leaders in d light of fashola & wole soyinka. Al others re tribalistic humanitarians lookin 4 harvest where there's none work laid.I by name YOUNG OTUTU 4rm delta state in nigeria. Shey eti gbo omolulu ?
-d tribalisian. Ko efeh loh party ? Let's prepare anyway (ejekamalo). it's d 2rut mo soron funyi. 4 d northerns kun sani in mu (south - south ) tafi, zaku jin yunwa for the igbo's or biafrans i dont speak your language well but 'e e chorima the truth.in south - south chei won chori je. Chey!! agu a bugooo.lol

Please tell me you are joking with that. That there applies to Ibos and Hausas alike. Most all of persons( Ibos, Yorubas, Hausas combined), who have shown up on the national scene in the last 30 years have done exactly that. Either you are just joshing or you are truly lying to yourself there.
Re: Jonathan May Become President This Week by Youngichou(m): 6:56am On Dec 22, 2009
@desktop you are funny and kobujunkie. Am not joking all leaders in the last 30 years have done this but the yoruba's have this in a more greater preferences
Re: Jonathan May Become President This Week by ikenwan: 6:57am On Dec 22, 2009
I agree wholeheartedly with @Idomababe: This topic is something that concerns all of us so much that I'm appalled by the degeneration of dialogue that just happened here; People giving rejoinders just to do so, name-calling and sending put-downs., are we serious? This is the matter with Africa today.
Forget all the fluff and sensationalism rampant in that article, its core subject is still there and that core subject has such a critical impact on the future of this country, I cannot for the love of all things sacred fathom how we could've drifted so off-center.

Where is the fkking debate?
Re: Jonathan May Become President This Week by Nobody: 7:01am On Dec 22, 2009
@Youngichou,

I really dont get what u're driving home at, even at 23% derivation that was given to your States during Obj regime there was nothing to show for it. Delta State has a state allocation bigger than a revenue of most countries in Africa, but it was all sucked up by your own people and you have the gut to point a finger at a  tribe for the demise of your people.

The so-called chameleon people but in the names of Gani, Femi Falana, Fela Kuti and many more, stood in the face of tyranny to fight for a collective democratic society and this was selfless fight.

Furthermore, your oil money was used to develop Abuja not southwestern part of nigeria. We are going back to our cocoa money and our vast human resources that was judiciously used to build our great universities, provide free education that my parents benefited from.

I'm not trying to be tribalistic here, but wont sit down and have my hands fold up while someone is displaying a wretched pride to bash my people in the name of oil,
Re: Jonathan May Become President This Week by okunoba(m): 7:28am On Dec 22, 2009
@Mavor, y should Nigeria split into North and South and how will it improve the lives of it`s citizen`s.
Y are Yoruba people ethnic bigots? (tribalist), I will not use the T word, it`s  derogatory and past it`s sale by date. By calling the whole Yoruba race such hurtfull and demeaning names u are yourself exhibiting the true attributes of a bigot. I think u need to look in the mirror, are u 4 making this World a better place or u 4 hurting and putting other people down because they are not from your part of the world.

@WilyWily, Y do u call the whole of the Yoruba race saboteurs?

I hope u guys can put your points across without resulting to insults, let`s reason guys.
Re: Jonathan May Become President This Week by Youngichou(m): 7:33am On Dec 22, 2009
@ shellboy who gave you that title if i may ask or do you bought it 4  $5 billion dollars, lol anyway the truth is that your hero OBJ.stole all this money tru useless fuel strike and hikes  @ to nairalanders PLS STOP DISTURBING YOURSELF MR PRESIDENT IS ABSOLUTELY FINE. INFACT THE PRESIDENT I SAW IN SAUDI ARABIA IS NOT THAT PRESIDENT U KNOW. THIS IS THE NEW PRESIDENT who is now strong and agile check his picture below

Re: Jonathan May Become President This Week by yemiyemi: 7:38am On Dec 22, 2009
This is the real and practical [/b] DO OR DIE AFFAIR[b] and not the ordinary verbal statement made by Baba Iyabo during his reign as president.
Re: Jonathan May Become President This Week by jiganshow(m): 7:42am On Dec 22, 2009
guys you need to wise up and leave this people, our own futureis in ourhands, plan ahead of the future, who knows if you will be the next president of the fedral republic of Nigeria.as you lay your bed na so you go lye ontop am.
Re: Jonathan May Become President This Week by Nobody: 7:44am On Dec 22, 2009
i wonder what your heroes- ODILI, IBORI, ALAME has done with your money,

By the way, if someone steal money from the government coffer, but plough it back into the Economy in the name of investment the citizen will feel no pinch of it. But your pple steal and either investment in another country or keep them in swiss bank thereby impoverishing your society.

And note shellboy has been my screen name since high school and has nothing connected with the dudes skimming your land.
Re: Jonathan May Become President This Week by Digriz(m): 7:48am On Dec 22, 2009
Am just sitting and watching hw d drama is unfolding here and its the reflection of wat we think,feel and wish for eachother.
We are here to deliberate on an important issue and some are using it to thru a tribalistic missiles to another. Ths shows d gravity of hatred we hv on our fellow brodas of another ethnic and cn neva make us a great nation if we still remains one country.
Am one of those that supports d breakup of ths country so dat evryone wl go their different way and form their own nation cos where there is hatred noting progresses.
Re: Jonathan May Become President This Week by PastorOla1: 7:51am On Dec 22, 2009
Those who have all the information about our President' health are being ECONOMICAL with the truth, Playing politics with his health but they should DEAD OR ALIVE The President will one come back to us, They also playing God concerning YAU'adua' Health conditions. They will all look STUPID at the end day when all the PRIVILEGE INFORMATION shall become open and common to all. I WISH NIGERIA WELL.
Re: Jonathan May Become President This Week by StEdwin(m): 8:04am On Dec 22, 2009
Rubbish!!!
Re: Jonathan May Become President This Week by Youngichou(m): 8:15am On Dec 22, 2009
@shellboy o am sorry for you stop looking for a title where you got one or you won claim niger delta citizen by force  @ 2 ur second question if ibori was accused of stealing it's your hero that try to use him to siphone money to ottah and by for odili where have you seen it on the papers that he did stole @ for alame that is wiseness it's not easy for a guy to break tru british police and france security system with all their computer devices omo abeg lo joko.do you think he siphone those money to his account he did not if he did go and prove yourself to supreme court. OR U dey fear worri guys.your local hero use him and wanted proving superiority but now nemesis has catch up with him.imagine him telling the government that he makes about  #123 million  per month from ottah see mugu na nigerians him won fool. O! Yoruba's continue to remain to undeveloped human beings
Re: Jonathan May Become President This Week by HERO111: 8:28am On Dec 22, 2009
@yemmight,
he may be an aboki like u said but am not one yet i reason like him.
if i may ask, which constitution are u talking about? is it the nigerian constitution, pdp constitution or that same constitution that brought yar adua to power?
u must always remember that the most pwoerful constitution in nigeria today is that constitution that annointed yar adua against everyother nigerian and imposed him on u and i and as we discuss here, that constitution is still working to take a new decission on the situation of the president and the country.

@Childichris,
there is something u do not know. Do u think evil will continue forever? ON HIS DAY AN EXPERT SWIMMER WILL DROWN EVEN IN A SMALL STREAM BEHIND HIS HOUSE. mark this , the time for the failure of that illegal dogmatic constitution application to cheat and suffer innocent Nigerians with useless corrupt leaders  has come. the whole world will hear about this by the time Dr. Goodluck steps into power by the grace of God. We can not as a country continue to suffer under development and poverty just because a region of the country want their own person to rule whether or not the person is capable.
The constitution is very clear,
Re: Jonathan May Become President This Week by Nobody: 8:28am On Dec 22, 2009
pele asiko dey,

i'll never forgive myself if i was born a niger deltan, sorry. Am a smug Yoruba dude who will forever proud of his cradle and intellectual minds (Obj inclusive) that surround him.

My hero would rather use plain crooks to someone from any part of the country.
Re: Jonathan May Become President This Week by okunoba(m): 8:29am On Dec 22, 2009
@Youngichou, do u realise by calling other ethnic groups hurtful and derogatory names u are showing all the characteristics of a bigot. If u want to put urself and ethnic group on a moral pedestal u should at least learn not to be an ethnic bigot yourself.

If u know anything about Nigeria and Black Africa in general u would realise the problem isn`t ethnicity, u can divide Nigeria along ethnic lines if u can, it will not eradicate the issue of corruption and greed that as been the bone of our problem after colonial rule. Travel around Nigeria with an open mind and u will see that no ethnicity as a monopoly on these evils.

How many state governors or federal ministers have done well in the past or doing well at present? can u honestly tell me all these people have been just Hausas, Yoruba`s and Ndigbo, of course not, they are from the four corners of the country. Make a list of all the governors and ministers of the federation in the last 8yrs along ethnic lines, then see who as performed well and made a positive  impact on the lives of your average Nigerian or even their small village. U will realise every ethnic group is guilty. The problem starts from the local government all the way to the federal level. In 8yrs of democracy can u honestly tell us on this forum that the governors of  the Niger Delter have done a better job than all the governors of the federation, have been corruption free and have made the state an oasis of good governance that we can all be proud of?

We need to move away from the politics of ethnicity and move forward to the politics of good governance. This is the only way forward 4 Nigeria and indeed the whole of Black Africa.

@Idomababe, Thanks 4 your positive message.
Re: Jonathan May Become President This Week by Nobody: 8:39am On Dec 22, 2009
what do u expect from a juvenile. He's only 16.
Re: Jonathan May Become President This Week by Youngichou(m): 8:47am On Dec 22, 2009
Gosh ! @shellboy i know you are stinky  lieing  @okunuba  for you  can you answer this question will an outsider come to your house and tell you where your room is ? Or tell you how much to spend ? Very well no. Then you can see  that this agitated yoruba's want to be like this outsider. Hmmmm. And for other tribes i am not insulting them it's just frankality. And reality. We know what will be the outcome of this group of people. @ shellboy you really rather than being a democrat is a milicrat.well i dont blame you it's the act of rakin that exist among yoruba's that's disturbing you
Re: Jonathan May Become President This Week by viccheny(m): 8:49am On Dec 22, 2009
Too long. Yar'Adua is sick. Jonathan Goodluck should act as President until further notice. No long grammer. We like silly stories in Nigeria and I hate this attitude. Let's show good example for West Africa, Africa and the world, at least for ONCE.
Re: Jonathan May Become President This Week by SmashingM(f): 8:51am On Dec 22, 2009
At long last!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest / Man Jailed For Being Idle In Jos / Multiple Explosions Rock Maiduguri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.