Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,990 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

I Said I Needed A Serious Relationship With A Man, See What I Found! - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Said I Needed A Serious Relationship With A Man, See What I Found! (94701 Views)

"After Being Side Chic For 6 Years, 33 Abortions, He Proposed & I Said.." - Lady / “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady / Lady Goes Braless In Pre-Wedding Photos With Her Man: See Reactions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Said I Needed A Serious Relationship With A Man, See What I Found! by babadem2much(m): 9:07pm On Apr 02, 2017
zealblinks:
I hate that kind of person tender. My advice sit him down tell him that you don't cheat on him. Also tell him your does and don't. If he doesn't change you can walk away. Straightface

walk away to where? She is looking for a serious relationship and she got one, i think nothing can be so serious than this one...
The guy serious die
Re: I Said I Needed A Serious Relationship With A Man, See What I Found! by Nobody: 9:08pm On Apr 02, 2017
OLAJADON:

I am speaking from a guy's perspective, the guy is not cheating, he is just feeling insecure. It is when he stop showing attention we can suspect something is wrong.....i am telling you the fact except the op is saying a wrong story but if the story above is true, then he is not cheating, he is only obsessed and feeling insecure. #fact
Are you also in a long distance relationship ..
just cause you might feel that way doesnt mean everyone will feel that way .

It is very very easy to cheat .. and guilt leads to harrassing the other person in relationship .. almost like their way of feeling better.. hence why i gave two options cheesy if she thinks properly she will know which one he falls into . End of the day she knows him better than any of us here .
Re: I Said I Needed A Serious Relationship With A Man, See What I Found! by sugarbeesmith(m): 9:09pm On Apr 02, 2017
Bumbae1:

Lol I know i never look at keypad when i type bad habit of mine grin thanks
u beautiful hun.u welcome tho
Re: I Said I Needed A Serious Relationship With A Man, See What I Found! by Nobody: 9:09pm On Apr 02, 2017
sugarbeesmith:
u beautiful hun.u welcome tho
Gracias smiley
Re: I Said I Needed A Serious Relationship With A Man, See What I Found! by Anusiemgood(m): 9:11pm On Apr 02, 2017
Omohjick:
My fellow nairalanders, I think I'm in a deep mess. Truly I'm old enough to settle down and my parents won't let me rest. They asked me to stop chasing after money but settle down and we all know men of these days, they like already made just as the way they complain about the ladies...now I met a guy who is ready to settle down and very responsible. He doesn't stay in Nigeria...

He is such a caring man and ha never married. He was born and brought up in England but he's from Lagos.

Hmmm...the worse part of him is that he's too jealous and calls me like 100times in a day. I'm not exaggerating plz. I'm here in Lagos but he never allows me to rest at all. If he calls me twice and I'm not picking its gonna be problem.

He keeps asking are you with someone there?
Why are you not replying my chat so fast?
Why did you put off your data please I hate it
What are you doing right now?
Why are you not speaking aloud?

Lots of questions and I can't begin to imagine right now.
I don't know what to do please help me. He's choking me and just too jealous which is why he's still single according to him, no wife no kids.

If possible he can ask me to do video chat with him while crossing the express road.
Chai! I don hia am
Are you referring this to me..hmmm
Re: I Said I Needed A Serious Relationship With A Man, See What I Found! by KKKWHITE(m): 9:14pm On Apr 02, 2017
His ex cheated on him so he dont want such mistake to repeat itself .
Re: I Said I Needed A Serious Relationship With A Man, See What I Found! by zealblinks(m): 9:15pm On Apr 02, 2017
The guy serious die

we call it jealous not serious a serious minded person doesnt act like this. He is hot-headed person
Re: I Said I Needed A Serious Relationship With A Man, See What I Found! by Nobody: 9:17pm On Apr 02, 2017
Bumbae1:

Lol we have to check am well nao make the girl breathe grin
na so,,,ok so weitin make u say d boy might be cheating on her?wait oo the woman na native doctor?
Re: I Said I Needed A Serious Relationship With A Man, See What I Found! by Jumeeeeesal(m): 9:19pm On Apr 02, 2017
Omohjick:

A man of 47?
kai wetn u talk? Omo that 1 na ur semi-grandpa of nowadays
Re: I Said I Needed A Serious Relationship With A Man, See What I Found! by sugarbeesmith(m): 9:19pm On Apr 02, 2017
Bumbae1:

Gracias smiley
lol how does a guy request for a ladys contact.in Spanish pls ?
Re: I Said I Needed A Serious Relationship With A Man, See What I Found! by MicWizzy: 9:20pm On Apr 02, 2017
SmartBug:

Pretty sure you ain't exaggerating but hallucinating!

Oluwa ooo, Nigerians sabi reply...
Re: I Said I Needed A Serious Relationship With A Man, See What I Found! by Nobody: 9:20pm On Apr 02, 2017
sugarbeesmith:
lol how does a guy request for a ladys contact.in Spanish pls ?
Lol dont know yanno
Honestly that's the only thing I know in Spanish ..
Re: I Said I Needed A Serious Relationship With A Man, See What I Found! by Jumeeeeesal(m): 9:22pm On Apr 02, 2017
Omohjick:

A man of 47?
op hope u don't call him with all those swt names because e no befit am @ all. Names uncle 47, Granny @47 or suga daddy u no fit call am mah luv again
Re: I Said I Needed A Serious Relationship With A Man, See What I Found! by Jumeeeeesal(m): 9:23pm On Apr 02, 2017
torres89:

age is just a Number
that 1 na grammer.
Re: I Said I Needed A Serious Relationship With A Man, See What I Found! by sugarbeesmith(m): 9:24pm On Apr 02, 2017
Bumbae1:

Lol dont know yanno
Honestly that's the only thing I know in Spanish ..
only know of gracias muncho .thank you very much

1 Like

Re: I Said I Needed A Serious Relationship With A Man, See What I Found! by Nobody: 9:27pm On Apr 02, 2017
sugarbeesmith:
only know of gracias muncho .thank you very much
You speak french ? Or German ?
Re: I Said I Needed A Serious Relationship With A Man, See What I Found! by sugarbeesmith(m): 9:31pm On Apr 02, 2017
Bumbae1:

You speak french ? Or German ?
non of them .only pick few words
Re: I Said I Needed A Serious Relationship With A Man, See What I Found! by OneManLegion(m): 9:31pm On Apr 02, 2017
Omohjick, I dunno if someone has already said what I'm about to say o but you should disregard all those telling you you're lucky and all, they either lack self-esteem or wisdom or both.

You can't stay with a man who puts you under the spotlight constantly.
Why not? Simply put, because he doesn't trust you and he feels he can micro-manage you into being what he wants. But he's actually battling his own distrust and paranoia not you or your perceived lack of fidelity.
Now, have you thought of what a guy who feels he can micro-manage your life in lagos all the way from UK can do to you if you marry him?

You need to sit his jealous ass down and let him know that trust is a veritable prerequisite of any successful relationship and you can't date a guy who doesn't trust you.

I'm guessing he'll promise to change. I'm also certain he won't change, because people usually don't change their habits.

At the end of the day, you have to decide if you can manage his mistrust and paranoia or you'll have to dissolve the relationship.

Let no one, least of all an anonymous social media entity tell you what to do. What we can do is to clarify your options to you and let you know their implications.

I can speak about long distance relationships because I'm in one myself.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: I Said I Needed A Serious Relationship With A Man, See What I Found! by Nobody: 9:32pm On Apr 02, 2017
sugarbeesmith:
non of them .only pick few words

Cool cool
Re: I Said I Needed A Serious Relationship With A Man, See What I Found! by sugarbeesmith(m): 9:34pm On Apr 02, 2017
Bumbae1:

Cool cool
probably u teach the few you know and I do the same lol
Re: I Said I Needed A Serious Relationship With A Man, See What I Found! by stephnie44(f): 9:48pm On Apr 02, 2017
tonio2wo:

Call him and tell him these words,

Make sure its these exact words o! wink
dis exact words would hurt him oooo

1 Like

Re: I Said I Needed A Serious Relationship With A Man, See What I Found! by metallisc(m): 9:48pm On Apr 02, 2017
Bumbae1:
Hmm
1st
Lol some a dieing for their guys to even think of them let alone call.
Its the distance dear .. its killing him his a man . And if you are a pretty lady he knows how guys can be . So his paranoid .

2nd
He may be CHEATING ON U BIG TIME. The guilt is what makes him call you constantly .

bum things on point! grin grin
Re: I Said I Needed A Serious Relationship With A Man, See What I Found! by Nobody: 9:49pm On Apr 02, 2017
metallisc:

bum things on point! grin grin
grin baddest you just land ni
Re: I Said I Needed A Serious Relationship With A Man, See What I Found! by stephnie44(f): 9:51pm On Apr 02, 2017
Benelovelace:
This same thing happens to me,i no longer receive calls at night,from anybody,even relations,he'll be like,who is calling,what does he or she want.Whenever i miss several of his calls,he'll start to send me silly messages,"what is happening,are u tired of me,u were not always like this,you've changed,why are you doing this to me?"and the likes,he suffocates me,but then what do i do?
ow do u Cope? going through similar stuff
Re: I Said I Needed A Serious Relationship With A Man, See What I Found! by hoebamaa(m): 9:52pm On Apr 02, 2017
SmartBug:

Pretty sure you ain't exaggerating but hallucinating!

She might be saying the truth...during my service year, a guy called her gf 90 times within the space of 2 hours and called me 15 times with 5 SMS.
Re: I Said I Needed A Serious Relationship With A Man, See What I Found! by metallisc(m): 9:54pm On Apr 02, 2017
Bumbae1:

grin baddest you just land ni

just like a landrover! grin grin grin
Re: I Said I Needed A Serious Relationship With A Man, See What I Found! by Nobody: 9:55pm On Apr 02, 2017
metallisc:

just like a landrover! grin grin grin
Ok o read up wink
Re: I Said I Needed A Serious Relationship With A Man, See What I Found! by metallisc(m): 10:01pm On Apr 02, 2017
Bumbae1:

Ok o read up wink

Re: I Said I Needed A Serious Relationship With A Man, See What I Found! by Chiefukofi: 10:05pm On Apr 02, 2017
100 times in a day?
u just ended up with a monitoring spirit bae

2 Likes

Re: I Said I Needed A Serious Relationship With A Man, See What I Found! by manfred10(m): 10:05pm On Apr 02, 2017
QueenSuccubus:
grin

Where can I find that kind of guy that call me constantly? grin grin

Most men nowadays, will juz call or text once in a blue moon with a NONSENSE emoji angry angry angry

Different strokes for different folks
Re: I Said I Needed A Serious Relationship With A Man, See What I Found! by PatEinstEin(m): 10:05pm On Apr 02, 2017
Omohjick:
My fellow nairalanders, I think I'm in a deep mess. Truly I'm old enough to settle down and my parents won't let me rest. They asked me to stop chasing after money but settle down and we all know men of these days, they like already made just as the way they complain about the ladies...now I met a guy who is ready to settle down and very responsible. He doesn't stay in Nigeria...

He is such a caring man and ha never married. He was born and brought up in England but he's from Lagos.

Hmmm...the worse part of him is that he's too jealous and calls me like 100times in a day. I'm not exaggerating plz. I'm here in Lagos but he never allows me to rest at all. If he calls me twice and I'm not picking its gonna be problem.

He keeps asking are you with someone there?
Why are you not replying my chat so fast?
Why did you put off your data please I hate it
What are you doing right now?
Why are you not speaking aloud?

Lots of questions and I can't begin to imagine right now.
I don't know what to do please help me. He's choking me and just too jealous which is why he's still single according to him, no wife no kids.

If possible he can ask me to do video chat with him while crossing the express road.
Chai! I don hia am
Congratulations
Re: I Said I Needed A Serious Relationship With A Man, See What I Found! by Diplomaticbeing(m): 10:09pm On Apr 02, 2017
His stated attitude is a characteristic of an extreme possessive person - don't mistake it for care. And that's a sign of a control freak. One thing with people who loves to control others/deny others their freewill is that they're always selfish. Selfishness on its own is really a very bad vice and one who possess it do automatically possesses other vices like prejudice, perfidiousness, opportunism etc.

It's unfortunate that you as a person is yet to achieve self-realization. . . Citing your submissions herein.

Well, two people of different ethical philosophies can never find enduring happiness in each other's arms. When they mistakenly marry, at best they can only tolerate each other but they can never find the catalyst that will make them to celebrate each other. Love will always eluded them.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Teenage Boy Impregnates Young Lady, Forced To Marry Her. Photos / How To Know A Virgin Guy / My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.