Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,948 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List (27369 Views)

Ohanaeze Gives FG Utimatum To Send Igbo Teachers To Israel / Global Youth Forum Issues PDP 7days Utimatum To Award GEJ Automatic 2015 Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by kosovo(m): 2:43pm On Jan 06, 2010
otawa:

There is no basis whatsoever for USA to include Nigeria in any list.

On this one, Mr Obama and his cronies got it very very wrong.

After 7days, we should use exact same measures on any AMERICANS visiting Nigeria.

The Nigerians going to USA if you dont like being 'unclothed-search, stay at home and develop your country.

I couldn't stop laughing, the truth, NO ONE CARES,
   I thought Nigerians were clamoring for a black American president, and when i never supported Obama here, i was almost stoned to Death via the internet/Nairaland, Now where is the love? smiley
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by brownbonno(m): 2:46pm On Jan 06, 2010
kosovo:

I thought Nigerians were clamoring for a black American president, and when i never supported Obama here, i was almost stoned to Death via the internet/Nairaland, Now where is the love? smiley

What do you expect from Obama,to spare Nigeria?You are joking.
Nigeria is still better than Somalia because the oil is still there.When the oil dry up,Nigeria will be better imagined than said.
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by MrCartha: 2:47pm On Jan 06, 2010
kosovo:

Stop referring to this slowpoke of an Obama as a black. HE is a dumb hermaphrodite. HE is going the way of his maternal ancestors (Whites).
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by olalekan1(m): 2:49pm On Jan 06, 2010
If you can not support NIgeria here, kindly and gently shut your mouth up because even the US are reading our comments here. Pls let us becareful of our comments.
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by wales(m): 2:51pm On Jan 06, 2010
Tell them grin grin grin grin
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by kosovo(m): 2:53pm On Jan 06, 2010
Instead of the senators wasting their time Giving the world strongest nation any form of Ultimatum,
 why not face the issues Pragmatically,
I doubt if we had a president, such moves would have happened quickly and easily.
Those senators are like sheep without shepherd, and would never be taken seriously.
  i once hinted, that the international community is against Nigeria, too many wrongs which the government has deliberately ignored.
   The Government needs to tackle this issues at home rather than making Noise,
 they know themsleves that they ve failed, they just want to paint a scenario - to tell us that they did something, They obviously know that we do not take their words seriously,

Everything the Government has claimed will/could do, No single one has come to fruitification. i know there is no single Nigeria that thinks anything can come out of this burlesque and pasquinade.
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by MrCartha: 2:53pm On Jan 06, 2010
olalekan1:

If you can not support NIgeria here, kindly and gently shut your mouth up because even the US are reading our comments here. Pls let us becareful of our comments.

Cowards die a thousand deaths. Keep ur mandibles sealed or go suck the dirty phallus of the Americans.
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by mencer(m): 2:56pm On Jan 06, 2010
Toothless dogs are barking remove our names from the list.
Truth is that We dont have a government in nigeria or the govt is sick.
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by mencer(m): 2:56pm On Jan 06, 2010
Toothless dogs are barking remove our names from the list.
Truth is that We dont have a government in nigeria or the govt is sick.
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by tkb417(m): 2:59pm On Jan 06, 2010
Secretz:

If USA have really labelled us a terrorist state, I think that's a bit far fetched, but I think they have every right to have concerns over our security measures or lack of.
maybe our President should come up with a list too with USA included

we should label them axis of evil and unfriendly states and warn our citizens to stop patronising these states as we wouldnt be able to guarantee their safety if anythn happens to them

i trust the BBC and CNN to propagate that kinda measure to the extent it will get the right audience in the US

if that doesnt work, then whatever they subject our citizens to will be meted out to them here in good measure, pressed down and shaken together grin grin grin
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by JeSoul(f): 3:00pm On Jan 06, 2010
Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List . . .

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by JeSoul(f): 3:01pm On Jan 06, 2010
tkb417:

maybe our President should come up with a list too with USA included

we should label them axis of evil and unfriendly states and warn our citizens to stop patronising these states as we wouldnt be able to guarantee their safety if anythn happens to them

i trust the BBC and CNN to propagate that kinda measure to the extent it will get the right audience in the US

if that doesnt work, then whatever they subject our citizens to will be meted out to them here in good measure, pressed down and shaken together grin grin grin
grin grin Preach it brother! preach it! ROTFLOL
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by emekagh(m): 3:01pm On Jan 06, 2010
It is not fair to have Nigeria on that list, but then it is also not fair to have a country as
big as Nigeria with a sick president who is not even around.
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by tkb417(m): 3:02pm On Jan 06, 2010
JeSoul:

grin grin Preach it brother! preach it! ROTFLOL
lol
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by kosovo(m): 3:03pm On Jan 06, 2010
olalekan1:

Go straight to the center of 3rd mainland bridge, and show your support for our great nation. We have been supportin Nigeria in electoral fraud, corruption, prostitution, online fraud, Tribalism, Militancy, political jingoism, Religious  manifold, and whatever.
We are actually the cause of our problems,  we are just too happy to do any thing, we can't even stage a single protest, even the one's stage are done for their self-fish motives,  It most times leads to indoor discussions where ghana-must-go are passed, and the issue fought for is totally forgotten.

Anyone thinking, the recent incident is the only reason behind this pitiable issue should just take some time out,  Take a NAP
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by naliakar: 3:03pm On Jan 06, 2010
Guys: Look at the bright side of things. At least Nigeria's Super Eagles qualified for the World Cup.
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by beninman1(m): 3:05pm On Jan 06, 2010
Well, this is a good reaction by the senate and govt agencies. At least they havent sat on fence
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by debosky(m): 3:05pm On Jan 06, 2010
I propose full body searches including rectal examinations by stern looking MOPOLs in relatiation.  grin

Anybody who refuses will get 10 lashes of the koboko - shebi we are Shari'a terrorists?  grin grin
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by tkb417(m): 3:08pm On Jan 06, 2010
naliakar:

Guys: Look at the bright side of things. At least Nigeria's Super Eagles qualified for the World Cup.
hehehe
na wa o

debosky:

I propose full body searches including rectal examinations by stern looking MOPOLs in relatiation. grin

Anybody who refuses will get 10 lashes of the koboko - shebi we are Shari'a terrorists? grin grin
gbam!!!
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by calabaman(m): 3:11pm On Jan 06, 2010
na real wa for this yeye senators we get, dem dey give the u.s ultimatum, I wan see wetin dem 1 do wen e run out, Yeye people na only words without action dem be, Wey that our missing in action president sef im supose use this situation redeem himself in eyes of the people, Thunder fire this senator dem mouth, *hissing*
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by JeSoul(f): 3:12pm On Jan 06, 2010
debosky:

I propose full body searches including rectal examinations by stern looking MOPOLs in relatiation.  grin

Anybody who refuses will get 10 lashes of the koboko - shebi we are Shari'a terrorists?  grin grin
   shocked Kai this boy is serious  grin

On a serious note, I wish the Senate would issue Yaradua a 7day ultimatum to show up or else power would be stripped from him and given to the vice. If only we react to our own personal issues as swiftly as we do foreign insults sad
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by Sabawaleklazik(m): 3:13pm On Jan 06, 2010
May be yaradua self is in a terrorist camp busy training himself. Lol. B4 u no it the president will be trying 2 blow plane 4rm his anonymous location. Lma0
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by londoner: 3:17pm On Jan 06, 2010
Obama was heavy handed in putting Nigeria on the list in the first place. How many of the other countries on the list would be there on th e back ofjust one citizen, trained and indoctrinated AWAY from their country had attempted to bomb a US plane?

The standards are certainly different when it comes to Nigeria. Obama does this in discrimination of a country which is as much Christian as it is Muslim. We do have a religious faction issue in Nigeria, but it has always been directed inward. Obama was far too eager to label us as a nation of over 140 million on the back of the actions of a singular person. When a Ghanaian was involved in the failed 7/7 bombing in london, did the UK put Ghana as a country on such a list? Would it not have seemed heavy handed if they had?

They should not forget that it was a Nigerian Muslim who also tried to warn them so that this would never have happened in the first place, doesn't that count at all? They are discouraging people from coming forward if all that ensues is a punishment.

He may be the president of the USA, but I think this was a bad decision. Just like his predecessor started a war based on fiction. I think he just wants an excuse to move away from nigeria for oil and replace her with other countries.
As for the ultimatum, its vjust foolish, what can they do about it?
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by kosovo(m): 3:18pm On Jan 06, 2010
JeSoul:

On a serious note, I wish the Senate would issue Yaradua a 7day ultimatum to show up or else power would be stripped from him and given to the vice. If only we react to our own personal issues as swiftly as we do foreign insults  sad
  I couldn't agree less, If we had a President, This issue would not have escalated to it's present state angry
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by fuke(m): 3:21pm On Jan 06, 2010
This listing is unnecessary and unfair but to fight it by giving ultimatum to the USA is a wrong approach.

The Senators do not even have the power, that aside, they are using the last weapon first. Thoughtless
 bunch who act before reasoning. So what happens after seven days?. Nothing. You do not give order you
 cannot enforce.

This is a cerebral war. A war of integrity of leaders. A war of upright  and patriotic leadership.
 All these in short supply here. By the time it comes to  banning Nigerians from visiting USA, Mark and the
 economic leeches in the NA will chicken out. They cannot sacrifice the good things and their properties in
 the USA for their countrys honor and integrity.

I am not an Engineer, and I may be wrong,because the USA is internet, I know when the chips are down they
 will black us out on the internet if possible .You know what that means in fighting a war like this.  

For Gods sake, this is a just war but being fought with a wrong weapon,  The  president  and our top brass inculuding
 the senate president should have summoned all living ambassadors, international experts Like Pro Bolaji Akinyemi,
 Mbu and orders to brain storm on this assue. While doing that, he should have also solicited the support of Britailn
 and other international power blocks. But then this is a country without president.

As I am writing this , these experts and top goverment officers should be locked up in a room finding a way out.
They wont do that, instead they are issueing useless ultimatum.I can bet, they will be scattered  all over the
place  enjoying with women of easy virtue. A country with such leadership is never respected.

NOW CAUTION. THIS IS NOT A TIME SOME FANATICS START BURNING CHURCHES AND SOUTHERNERS ON THE PRETEXT
  OF FIGHTING AMERICA. DOING THAT DOES NOT HURT THEM IN ANYWAY.

Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by agathamari(f): 3:22pm On Jan 06, 2010
has anyone actualy read the article in question cause by the resopnces here im gonna say no

The State Department lists four countries as those that sponsor terror: Cuba, Sudan, Syria and Iran. (these are the terrorist countries)

The other 10 countries of interest are Afghanistan, Algeria, Iraq, Lebanon, Libya, Nigeria, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Somalia and Yemen
(these countries do not support terrorism but the state department has concerns about the Al-Qaeda affiliates operating whithin said countries.  nigeria has an al-qaeda cell as well as a "taliban" cell.  get rid of these people and get off the list.  very simple)

Passengers from other countries could still face enhanced security for other reasons.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/TRAVEL/01/03/tsa.measures/index.html
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by tkb417(m): 3:24pm On Jan 06, 2010
londoner:

Obama was heavy handed in putting Nigeria on the list in the first place. How many of the other countries on the list would be there on th e back ofjust one citizen, trained and indoctrinated AWAY from their country had attempted to bomb a US plane?

The standards are certainly different when it comes to Nigeria. Obama does this in discrimination of a country which is as much Christian as it is Muslim. We do have a religious faction issue in Nigeria, but it has always been directed inward. Obama was far too eager to label us as a nation of over 140 million on the back of the actions of a singular person. When a Ghanaian was involved in the failed 7/7 bombing in london, did the UK put Ghana as a country on such a list? Would it not have seemed heavy handed if they had?

They should not forget that it was a Nigerian Muslim who also tried to warn them so that this would never have happened in the first place, doesn't that count at all? They are discouraging people from coming forward if all that ensues is a punishment.

He may be the president of the USA, but I think this was a bad decision. Just like his predecessor started a war based on fiction. I think he just wants an excuse to move away from nigeria for oil and replace her with other countries.
As for the ultimatum, its vjust foolish, what can they do about it?

MINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

agathamari:

has anyone actualy read the article in question cause by the resopnces here im gonna say no

The State Department lists four countries as those that sponsor terror: Cuba, Sudan, Syria and Iran. (these are the terrorist countries)

The other 10 countries of interest are Afghanistan, Algeria, Iraq, Lebanon, Libya, Nigeria, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Somalia and Yemen
(these countries do not support terrorism but the state department has concerns about the Al-Qaeda affiliates operating whithin said countries. nigeria has an al-qaeda cell as well as a "taliban" cell. get rid of these people and get off the list. very simple)

Passengers from other countries could still face enhanced security for other reasons.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/TRAVEL/01/03/tsa.measures/index.html
shocked shocked shocked
where is the f'cking cell lemme mobilise for them bombing

taliban in Nigeria? i hope not in Lagos
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by pek(m): 3:29pm On Jan 06, 2010
the bark of a toothless bull dog. if they fail to do that what happens. giving the US an ultimatum simply means shows how naive our leaders are. i will wait and see what good comes out of it.
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by londoner: 3:41pm On Jan 06, 2010
If its about Al qaeda cells, then we should expect Kenya to be added then, since they are also there.
There are Alqaeda cells in across Europe also.They detained British people in Quantanamo bay, but I dont remember the UK being on any list.

Anyway, its done now, we are on the list and we wont be coming off any time soon. The Gov should deal with it diplimatically and not like an "area boy" with empty threats.

I hope the US is willing to work with Nigeria to end relious extremism also.
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by altavista(m): 3:41pm On Jan 06, 2010
? ? ?
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by BlueMagic2(m): 3:44pm On Jan 06, 2010
Or What? meeeen! bleep these our ignoramous leaders! Bunch of A******s.
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by Fraba(m): 3:49pm On Jan 06, 2010
THEY HAD BETTER DELIST NIGERIA OTHERWISE WE WILL, EM, EM,
YES. OTHERWISE WE WILL POSTPONE THE DEADLINE LIKE WE NORMALLY POSTPONE EVERYOTHER DEADLINE,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Militants Blow Up Agip Facility In Rivers Over Alleged Neglect / Dino Melaye Campaigns In Koton Karfe, Kogi LGA (Drone Shots) / Ex-Service Chiefs To Be Investigated Over Buhari’s 'Missing' Certificate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.