Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,231 members, 7,815,304 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:33 AM

Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List (27375 Views)

Ohanaeze Gives FG Utimatum To Send Igbo Teachers To Israel / Global Youth Forum Issues PDP 7days Utimatum To Award GEJ Automatic 2015 Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by trueword: 4:41am On Jan 06, 2010
paddy_lo:

ah yes the same obama that visited egypt,russia and saudi arabia. . .countries that dont have democracy or anything that smells close to it in their lands

at least in nigeria states like lagos,kano,edo and rivers are more democratic and free than saudi arabia or egypt

so spare me. . .i live here(but not for much longer thank god),so i am not impressed by american propaganda

Well Russia is a powerful nation, so Obama wouldn't like Russia to be on the opposite side of the U.S.  I think the U.S. gets most of its oil from Saudi Arabia so Obama can't brush them aside, plus he wants them to help with terrorism in middle east. Egypt visit I think is also part of trying to help stabilize the region.  

But I don't think money in those places is siphoned away like it is in naija. At least those places have something that resembles an infrastructure and Electricity. I don't think any country is blessed with as many resources as naija , but yet it always looks like we have absolutely nothing.
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by Kobojunkie: 4:42am On Jan 06, 2010
trueword:

So all of sudden the cabals actually "care" about the Nigerian people. wow!! One of the best acting jobs in a while.

grin grin grin This is hilarious. Who is the Nigerian senate to give ultimatums to the U.S. ?I would love to see just what the National Assembly will do after their 7 days. they not gonna do anything. They can't even prevent other countries from harrassing Nigerians.

If they provoke the U.S. to take action, we need to U.S. to help us get rid of all the godfathers controlling Nigeria.

The only way we can really affect the U.S. is if we cut oil selling oil to them. But we all know these thieves wouldn't do that b/c they need the oil money.

Who knows, maybe all these events going on in Nigeria may be a blessing in disguise. So much chaos might be created that would then force action to be taken to bring true democracy and federalism or a separation of north and south,

lets watch and wait.

Roflmao!!!
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by vigasimple(m): 5:06am On Jan 06, 2010
DAFT PEOPLE, THEY SHOULD FIRST GIVE THEIR MISSING (DEAD) PRESIDENT ultimaltum to show up and explain his trip?

Our politicians like gra gra, they that cannot give their own people any quality of life, no electricity, no roads, no jobs, no infrastructures, fraudsters leadership.

Look guys, I can go on and on, but those Assembly people have misplaced priority, they should be impeaching their President not wasting their time on USA Terror policy.

Did anyone recall SENATE gra gra on LAMIDO SANUSI during the banking printing of currencies for the banks, SANUSI went to the Senate to give LAWBRAKERS AND LEGISLATHEIVES derserved lectures. They don't even know the law.

Whether we like it or not, our Airports and borders are not safe. We are lucky to have small nations around us who also are peaceloving people. We couldn't even fight Cameroon over Bakassi.

Why do we choose to use mought to be 'GIANT OF AFRICA', where is the leadership, where is the law and order on muslims killing christians in the North. How fools, a semi illiterate First Graduate President mr. Clueless leading 150million Nigerians , and going for treatment in a foreign hospital.

I think Nigerian National Assembly and the govt just want to make fool of themselves, and they have choosen the wrong country to do it with especially with our 419 history.

Again my question to NASS is where is the PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA after 42 days absence without handing over power temporarily so that the country can be run properly in his absence.

I hope that Lawyers in Nigeria better warn and advice those foolish, thoughtless legislathieves of a clueless government. I am truely ashamed of them. SHAME ON NASS, the National House of comedy

I know why they are doing it , it is called DIVERSIONARY POLITICS, so that we will stop asking about a DEAD PRESIDENT. It won't work, Nigerians are wise about all your antics, deception and lies. Did they not said that the President is watching football in Saudi when he cannot fix electricity in his own country. NIGERIAN LEADERS SHOULD COVER THEMSELVES WITH SHAME.

THE MOST DANGEROUS PERSON IN LIFE IS A SHAMELESS PERSON.
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by sjeezy8: 5:24am On Jan 06, 2010
Nigerian govt is full of odes still(even though they are acting now), imagine if we had an active president he would have issued a public statement immediately, before the country was black listed.

paddy_lo:

ah yes the same obama that visited egypt,russia and saudi arabia. . .countries that dont have democracy or anything that smells close to it in their lands

at least in nigeria states like lagos,kano,edo and rivers are more democratic and free than saudi arabia or egypt

so spare me. . .i live here(but not for much longer thank god),so i am not impressed by american propaganda

American govt is full of shiooot
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by Nobody: 5:24am On Jan 06, 2010
trueword said:

Well Russia is a powerful nation, so Obama wouldn't like Russia to be on the opposite side of the U.S.  I think the U.S. gets most of its oil from Saudi Arabia so Obama can't brush them aside, plus he wants them to help with terrorism in middle east. Egypt visit I think is also part of trying to help stabilize the region.  

But I don't think money in those places is siphoned away like it is in naija. At least those places have something that resembles an infrastructure and Electricity. I don't think any country is blessed with as many resources as naija , but yet it always looks like we have absolutely nothing.

It looks like you have ''absolutely nothing'' because you're a greedy, self-serving ingrate. If you're in Nigeria today, tell me, did you not eat today? Are you hungry? Did you not go to school? Can you not afford a car if you hustle like your mates? Do you not have proper clothes to wear, and soap to wash yourself?

If you think you have ''absolutely nothing'' you should visit places like rural Gambia, Uganda, DRC, and Tanzania. You wouldn't survive one second there not to mention Somalia or Ethiopia.

Sit there wondering why you're not like America which got independence 400 years ago. Ewu.
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by Kobojunkie: 5:28am On Jan 06, 2010
ROSSIKE:

trueword said:

It looks like you have ''absolutely nothing'' because you're a greedy, self-serving ingrate. If you're in Nigeria today, tell me, did you not eat today? Are you hungry? Did you not go to school? Can you not afford a car if you hustle like your mates?

If you think you have ''absolutely nothing'' you should visit places like rural Gambia, Uganda, DRC, and Tanzania. You wouldn't survive one second there not to mention Somalia or Ethiopia.

Sit there wondering why you're not like America which got independence 400 years ago. Ewu.

Roflmao!!! You are actually comparing Nigeria, and you calling someone else Ewu?? ROFLMAO!!!
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by trueword: 5:30am On Jan 06, 2010
ROSSIKE:

trueword said:

It looks like you have ''absolutely nothing'' because you're a greedy, self-serving ingrate. If you're in Nigeria today, tell me, did you not eat today? Are you hungry? Did you not go to school? Can you not afford a car if you hustle like your mates?

Maybe if you had better reading comprehension you would see that I was referring to the fact that it appears that we have no natural resources in Nigeria, while we have lots.

so dont start name calling until you learn to read.
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by Nobody: 5:33am On Jan 06, 2010
I don't know where you guys get this idea that Nigeria should be this large version of Dubai, Saudi, or Germany. You seem to think this oil money is an awful lot. It is very little change when you consider our population. And less than 20% of this money is actually stolen, contrary to what people seem to think. In transparency international's 2008 indek, 60 countries were rated worse than Nigeria in corruption, down from our being No 1 under Abacha and IBB.

So we are coming on - just not as fast as some holier-than-thou dreamers here expect.
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by netpro(m): 5:35am On Jan 06, 2010
Imagine these Senators?!

These stupidi.ty is becoming very stupi.d  The more they say things like these the more the name should climb the list. A young lad want to kill 300 people and himself - what did they do - all denial.

First, where is your boss (Mr.  President). And after 40 days, what have they done (legally). Na to come shout as if we are deaf.

Look 10 weeks will come and pass they will not do a poo. And Obama's first priority is the safety of the Americans. Is he loose his administration relevance to please guys protecting only their pockets and leaving Nigerians under the rain.
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by Nobody: 5:37am On Jan 06, 2010
trueword:

That sums it all trueworld, We cannot account for adequate infrastructure despite the fact that we have huge resources, It is indeed a dilema.  They are just fooling themselves and our african brothers are laughing at this Joke called"NIGERIA"
Imagine that idiot that calls himself a Foriegn minister talking rubbbish. See how he wasted billions of Naira in making forieghn trips abroad and what came out of it? Absolutely nothing.
I wish those Dunces were reading This thread on Nairaland and see how we all feel.
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by Kobojunkie: 5:40am On Jan 06, 2010
ROSSIKE:

I don't know where you guys get this idea that Nigeria should be this large version of Dubai, Saudi, or Germany. You seem to think this oil money is an awful lot. It is very little change when you consider our population. And less than 20% of this money is actually stolen, contrary tpo what people seem to think. In transparency international's 2008 indek, 60 countries were rated worse than Nigeria in corruption, downb from our being No 1 under Abacha and IBB.
So we are coming on - just not as fast as some holier-than-thou dreamers here expect.

I don’t see where anyone stated Nigeria has to be a Dubai, Saudi, or Germany. Oil money may not be a lot but it is more than so many countries out there have, and that ought to count for something. And when we consider our population( manpower), then it is clear to see that in addition to oil we have manpower with which we can easily multiply what we have by so many folds.

That less than 20% of the money is stolen is no reason why one should not expect 80% left to be applied to projects that actually help develop the nation as a whole.
That 60 countries were rated worse than Nigeria corruption-wise is no reason why Nigeria cannot be less corrupt.
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by Nobody: 5:42am On Jan 06, 2010
Let them be talking grin If dem talk pass thier mouth, America will just send one or two missiles and nigeria is HISTORY.
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by trueword: 5:58am On Jan 06, 2010
ROSSIKE:

I don't know where you guys get this idea that Nigeria should be this large version of Dubai, Saudi, or Germany. You seem to think this oil money is an awful lot. It is very little change when you consider our population. And less than 20% of this money is actually stolen, contrary to what people seem to think. In transparency international's 2008 indek, 60 countries were rated worse than Nigeria in corruption, down from our being No 1 under Abacha and IBB.

how many countries have one of the worlds largest resources of oil, natural gas, coal, etc, but can't boast of stable power? Nigeria doesn't need 400 years to develop because all the things it needs to modernize are available. It's not like they have to invent things or wait for things to be invented. Singapore and Nigeria got their independence around the same time, but look at where Singapore is compared to Nigeria. Nigeria has more than enough resources, but we can't seem to get away from bad leadership.

One of the main reasons why Nigeria continues to get investment is because of its population. If we were a lot smaller in population, we would surely not see the same amount of investment by foreigners.
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by revolt(m): 8:19am On Jan 06, 2010
You guys never understand say wetin dey hapn no get anytin 2 do with that fools bomb attempt. Let me take you all back along the shores of time. Us approached obj concerning africom and were declined. theres a battle going on now for the soul of nigeria between the west and the arabs presently. With megidas choice of attending an arabian insignfcnt univsty openin he sent a strong message to the world. With my arab terrorist brothers united we stand. Meanwhile don't forget us predicted nigerias imnent break up by 2015. They don't make empty declarations like that. I guess they have a plan. With all the brohaha now africom wil be given safe landin. as we already know cia agents av already flooded abuja. These guys are trying to either break nigeria slowly or are trying to effect a change of power brokers. Nigeria is strategic when it comes to african politics. Read the hand writing on the wall.
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by wirinet(m): 9:08am On Jan 06, 2010
Hissssss. Was that what they were elected sorry selected to do? They have left what they are to do which is supposed to be law making and oversight function and they are dabbling into executive functions. International relations and foreign policy is an executive function and not a legislative function. Maybe they have forgotten they are legislators. So what will they do after the seven day ultimatum? break diplomatic ties with the us? I am sure Hilary Clinton is having a good laugh and saying to herself "Meen, these niggers are worse than monkeys"
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by olalekan1(m): 9:22am On Jan 06, 2010
This is a very important issue. The United State is doing that to forestall future occurences or what I can call a precautionary motive. To prove that Nigeria is not a terrorist sponsored country then lets wait and see the outcome of blacklisting NIgeria. Oyinbo don enslave Obama he don forget say him bi African man or may be he is the anti-christ as some people called him. (anyway he is doing his job).
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by olalekan1(m): 9:24am On Jan 06, 2010
wirinet:

Hissssss. Was that what they were elected sorry selected to do? They have left what they are to do which is supposed to be law making and oversight function and they are dabbling into executive functions. International relations and foreign policy is an executive function and not a legislative function. Maybe they have forgotten they are legislators. So what will they do after the seven day ultimatum? break diplomatic ties with the us? I am sure Hilary Clinton is having a good laugh and saying to herself "Meen, these niggers are worse than monkeys"
you are talking crap!
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by wirinet(m): 9:29am On Jan 06, 2010
olalekan1:

you are talking crap!

Please educate me. Talk some sense. Tell me if the senate has the power to give ultimatum to a foreign country.
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by Knight1(m): 9:47am On Jan 06, 2010
Mr 'less than 20%' can i ask where you got your statistics? Go a round Nigeria and tell me if we look like we get anything remotely close to 80%, (salaries and all included)
For the senate, i think they'll just keep quiet like Jonathan did when Lukman traveled.
BTW that David Mark dey vex me sef, me and hillary, same jargon he uttered when she complained about poor governance. Ultimatum ko, intimatum ni!
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by netpro(m): 9:49am On Jan 06, 2010
WHAT WILL THEY DO AFTER 7 DAYS?

(sorry for the caps)
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by generalzango(m): 10:23am On Jan 06, 2010
What a shame, America is pointing fingers on us for their security lapses.
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by otokx(m): 10:32am On Jan 06, 2010
These yeye people should give an ultimatum to Yar Adua to come back.
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by chidichris(m): 10:44am On Jan 06, 2010

So we are coming on - just not as fast as some holier-than-thou dreamers here expect

@mr.20%,
how much oil does dubai have? is it surprising to u that dubai depends mostly on tourism for her major income while the oil money goes to the central govt in abu dhabi.

do u know how much mtn has made out of nigeria and nigerians putting their transaction in the country at the most benefiting since the inception of the country.

how much was recovered from the abachas and what percentage was that? what about the other past rulers, what percentage are they having?

the funds with which transcrop and bell university were built are not part of the 20% i assume?

do u know that malaysia today is depending mostly on palm oil of which they got that from nigeria?

the issue here is the utimatum given to us by nigerian senate. what about our missing president, does he deserve utimatum as well or no? what can nigeria do? stop the sale of oil to the usa? nigerians are far behind as they are yet to know that america is making efforts to stop their petrolium dependency hence sooner than we can imagine, nigeria will be forced to produce and use their petrolium.

we are simply a joke of a people.
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by netpro(m): 11:19am On Jan 06, 2010
Just when one think that Nigeria will make a turn for better, it slumps with a dip of shame. What next Declare a cold war with US?

Just hope they wouldn't make Zimbabwe out of us with this show of reckless ignorance.

Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by valatar(m): 11:27am On Jan 06, 2010
After the seven days, what will happen, ?
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by deor03(m): 11:57am On Jan 06, 2010
valatar:

After the seven days, what will happen, ?

I hope the military is getting ready, grin grin grin
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by asha80(m): 1:13pm On Jan 06, 2010
deor03:

I hope the military is getting ready, grin grin grin

To do what?Strike US shocked undecided
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by Wrex(m): 1:15pm On Jan 06, 2010
This people in  senate are comedians, what will they do after 7 days?, abeg,make them no allow US bomb nigeria ooo, only one missile is enough to wipe out the whole country , i no wan die now  grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by sayso: 1:17pm On Jan 06, 2010
Una noo go sidon for abuja dey watch CNN.
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by felifeli: 1:27pm On Jan 06, 2010
You people have very little understanding. If we allow attitudes like this to go on against Nigeria we will eventually become the greatest joke in the world - you and me included. Do you continue with a marriage in which you are being treated like a dog ?. No, it is a nonsense marriage. I will vote that Nigeria suspends diplomatic relationship with US until the matter is resolved. Let us be able to walk with our heads high for a change rather than grovelling for acceptance. We are a great and intelligent people, not criminals like these countries are turning us into.
Yes , let's break diplomatic relationship with USA. It will be the biggest shock that they will receive and it will catch the world's attention that Nigeria means business- at last.
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by noblegas2(m): 1:32pm On Jan 06, 2010
felifeli:

You people have very little understanding. If we allow attitudes like this to go on against Nigeria we will eventually become the greatest joke in the world - you and me included. Do you continue with a marriage in which you are being treated like a dog ?. No, it is a nonsense marriage. I will vote that Nigeria suspends diplomatic relationship with US until the matter is resolved. Let us be able to walk with our heads high for a change rather than grovelling for acceptance. We are a great and intelligent people, not criminals like these countries are turning us into.

SECONDED
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by Ben13: 1:33pm On Jan 06, 2010
Pray it works. Ultimatum grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Ambode Creates Ministry Of Employment, Two Other Offices In Lagos / EFCC Arrests Abba Moro, Others Over 2014 Immigration / Teachers Absent As Borno Governor, Shettima, Takes Roll Call In Schools. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.