Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,071 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List (27373 Views)

Ohanaeze Gives FG Utimatum To Send Igbo Teachers To Israel / Global Youth Forum Issues PDP 7days Utimatum To Award GEJ Automatic 2015 Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by ezek34(m): 7:00pm On Jan 06, 2010
dat is uncalled for
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by mubaraqqq(f): 7:01pm On Jan 06, 2010
Onlytruth:

Classic!  grin

These politicians think we are fools. Deep down I think this "ultimatum" is one more piece in the final solution puzzle to change that country or break it. Nza the bird wants to fight his god. Instead of being angry at Nigeria's state of stu.pi.dity, politicians are scheming to remain under the radar when they smuggle currency out of Nigeria. I already know how this ends. Nonsense!
govo:

freaks, give nepa utimatum to light up the nation , give yar adua utimatum to show up , give the minister  for transport utimatum to build roads and repair the bad ones, give utimatum to creat jobs , or shut up and stop yelling utimatum for something you cant do nothing about,  punks !

Abeg thank you. I say to the senate who sent you?
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by mubaraqqq(f): 7:04pm On Jan 06, 2010
How can Nigeria expect to be respected by the world when they don't even respect themselves and their citizens. America knows this, they even read comments on Nairaland more than the Nigerian politicians. This is not even news to them.
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by tkb417(m): 7:04pm On Jan 06, 2010
yes, the shoe bomber
thanks for reminding me

ose grin

adigun101:

These Senators should shut up and stop wasting out time.
As far as I am concerened we look like a terrorist Nation.
1. We have an airport "Mohammed Airport".
2. Arabic signs on our currency.
3. A CBN governor who is a scholar in Sharia/Islamic studies in sudan.
4. Our continous alliance to countries like Saudi or Sudan who have no diplomatic or economic benefits to our nation.
5. Incessant religious riots and murders.
6. There were Nigerians celebrating on the streets of Nigeria being broadcast on the international media after 9/11.
7. Riots broke out and non-muslims massacred because of muhammed cartoons in far away Denmark.
8. Miss world beaty peageant contest cancelled because of religious bigots.
7. The state of out president is been hidden from us by an Islamic nation just in the interest of keeping a muslim leader dead or alive.

YOU GUYS NEED TO WAKE UP AND SEE WHAT WE ALL HAVE BECOME.
Maybe madam rebranding has somewhere to start from.

jeez!!!
how is this a religion thing for christ sake

na wa for people o
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by jinka(m): 7:06pm On Jan 06, 2010
cry kiss angry
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by Abekeade08(f): 7:06pm On Jan 06, 2010
Waka to those people who are giving America seven days ultimatum. You guys need to visit the North to feel the heightened level of animosity against the west. Why hasn't the govt. given all those Muslims  in the North 7 days ultimatum to stop practicing Sharia Law and follow the law of the land? The point is that all those Northern Muslims sympathize with Al Qaeda, and it is only a matter of time before Al Qaeda capitalizes on that sentiment by convincing one of those malos to carry a bomb on board a U.S. bound plane. The move was a preemptive move on the part of the U.S., for there are no compelling evidence of home-grown terrorism.

@prince,

Thats the same point i have been making. Couldn't have said it better.

Nigerians, lets tell our government to focus on eradicating religious extremism in the North, join together and fix our tarnished image, only then can we start talking ultimatums. Until then this Ultimatum thing is a big fat joke.
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by tkb417(m): 7:09pm On Jan 06, 2010
@Abekeade
ati gbo o cheesy

but let this ultimatum hold sha cheesy

but seriously, what would they do if USA dont listen
hehehehe

next week should be interesting. but will the Senate make pronouncements on the issues with the Presido missing

Nigeria i hail thee
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by IgboGirl(f): 7:11pm On Jan 06, 2010
, let America know that we are peaceful people who do not have time to plan evil things against other countries.

yeah we don't have time to plan evil things against other countries but we def do have time to plan evil things against fellow Nigerians, thanks to the northerners and their sharia law
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by platinumnk(f): 7:13pm On Jan 06, 2010
Please let us start thinking before it is too late and stop allowing the behavior of our leaders to take away our sincere love for this country. The bad leaders will be gone one of these days, but Nigeria will remain forever.

What love? Nigeria is a SHIIIT hole angry angry angry No electircity, not even standard documentation, crappy roads. corruption everywhere, no running water, ! Its a hell hole, with all the resources we have we are no better than DAFUR!

I love my people that live in Nigeria, and my culture, but Nigeria itself?- can eat dog poop! angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by tkb417(m): 7:15pm On Jan 06, 2010
platinumnk:

What love? Nigeria is a SHIIIT hole angry angry angry No electircity, not even standard documentation, crappy roads. corruption everywhere, no running water, ! Its a hell hole, with all the resources we have we are no better than DAFUR!

I love my people that live in Nigeria, and my culture, but Nigeria itself?- can eat dog poop! angry angry angry angry angry
hello
how do u love Nigerians and hate Nigeria

Nigerians = Nigeria or u dont know?

what is in a name?

Plat, so ara e o grin
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by mubaraqqq(f): 7:15pm On Jan 06, 2010
Please let's not make this about religion, let's focus on the point which is a useless government that does not have it's priorities straight.  

Does anyone know if the Nigerian Senate has a website? Somewhere we can post our comments? Does David mark have a website?
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by tkb417(m): 7:17pm On Jan 06, 2010
mubaraqqq:

Please let's not make this about religion, let's focus on the point which is a useless government that does not have it's priorities straight.

Does anyone know if the Nigerian Senate has a website? Somewhere we can post our comments? Does David mark have a website?

thank you ma

website? lemme check
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by platinumnk(f): 7:21pm On Jan 06, 2010
tkb417:

hello
how do u love Nigerians and hate Nigeria

Nigerians = Nigeria or u dont know?

what is in a name?

Plat, so ara e o grin

Because I love Nigerians mean that I love Nigeria?
I love bribing the police at check points?
I love paying 60 k to have them pump water into a container every week to have running water?
I cant have adequate healthcare?
Or that Nigerians are in crisis and the socalled undead president is no where to be found?
Or that my friend are fearful of their lives serving in NYSC?

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
We need to do something. . . Viva Revloution!! Behead all the heads of state!! angry angry angry
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by tkb417(m): 7:26pm On Jan 06, 2010
platinumnk:

Because I love Nigerians mean that I love Nigeria?
I love bribing the police at check points?
I love paying 60 k to have them pump water into a container every week to have running water?
I cant have adequate healthcare?
Or that Nigerians are in crisis and the socalled undead president is no where to be found?
Or that my friend are fearful of their lives serving in NYSC?

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
We need to do something. . . Viva Revloution!! Behead all the heads of state!! angry angry angry
hey slow your roll
the Police that collects toll/bribe are not Nigerians?

the MEND and armed robbers are not Nigerians?

the useless politicians/leaders are not Nigerians?

u cannot isolate one from the other

Nigeria is bad means we Nigerians are bad; thats ma point

oya breathe in, breathe out and relax grin kiss

abi na so u dey vex reach
hehehe
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by PastorOla1: 7:27pm On Jan 06, 2010
Let them Flex their MUSSLES, the better they realise that AMERICA is not an extention of Nigeria.Let us wait and see what they are up to
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by flyuche(m): 7:28pm On Jan 06, 2010
7 days ultimatum or what , ? we start blowing up places? grin
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by platinumnk(f): 7:30pm On Jan 06, 2010
tkb417:

hey slow your roll
the Police that collects toll/bribe are not Nigerians?

the MEND and armed robbers are not Nigerians?

the useless politicians/leaders are not Nigerians?

u cannot isolate one from the other

oya breathe in, breathe out and relax grin kiss

abi na so u dey vex reach
hehehe

my friend i dey vex oo angry angry angry angry angry angry
all those useless people are connected to Nigerias useless goverment

Place them in another country and see if they will behave the same!
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by A40(m): 7:32pm On Jan 06, 2010
Last time i checked we don't have any form of nuclear warfare grin grin. Empty threat
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by Moves: 7:33pm On Jan 06, 2010
@ TKB417, Naija has not been labelled a terroist state; and the measure taken would affect everyone flying out from naija to the US, regardless of whether you r an american/british or nigerian, reason being that muttallab dude most likely would have passed through security in nigeria without being checked due to his family status, hence we are in these mess, Also the reaction of the nigerian government when the incident occurred was more reactional than proactive, if we had a functional govt that handled the matter in a capable way we wont be here, looking at the way the Uk handled the matter, It got deflected to Nigeria, as they were more culpable ,
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by SEFAGO(m): 7:35pm On Jan 06, 2010

crap, blame the cause and not the effect. MEND do not generally like kidnapping people or performing terror acrtivities because for the fun of it, but because they feel they have been marginalized. Police men do not take bribe because they are intrinsically greedy, but because they need it to supplement the ridiculous low wages that cannot take care of their families. However, no excuse for the politicians- they are the cause
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by bigfoot79(m): 7:35pm On Jan 06, 2010
Or else we go bomb them with opc eggs
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by debosky(m): 7:36pm On Jan 06, 2010
@ plat

have you ever been to DARFUR? Nigeria might be a lot of things, but it definitely aint no DARFUR.

Even if there was a water scarcity and drought, the sheer amount of spit and sweat generated by Nigerians would be more than sufficient to fill all the rivers in the land.

Viva Nigeria!  cheesy

@ tkb

It is most definitely religious - there is no single country in the terror list (outside Cuba of course) that isn't Muslim dominated or have a high percentage of Muslims. . . .no one needs to tell anybody this is all down to the Muslim issue in Nigeria.

All the past events - Jos Riots, Miss World Riots, Maitsine, Boko Haram, Zangon-Kataf amongst others tied primarily to religion have given Nigeria a bad name. There are too many people in Nigeria, especially Muslims but not only Muslims who will kill in the name of religion.
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by londoner: 7:39pm On Jan 06, 2010
Website of tha National Assembly.

http://www.nassnig.org/
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by obatoro: 7:39pm On Jan 06, 2010
Characteristics of a typical NIGERIAN:

1. Talk ill of their country.
2. See nothing good about their country.
3. In their bedrooms they talk  and complain about how BAD their leaders are and do nothing about it.
4. Prefer any country else apart from your country
5. These bad leaders are their; parents, friends' parents, uncles, friends' uncles,neighbours, townsmen, kinsmen e.t.c

In their little offices see how they treat customers;
Bank workers- shout at customer and talk rudely to them, over their money.
Police- harass innocent, law abiding citizens on the streets.
Teacher- refusing to go to classes/lectures as at when due.
Shop Attendant-cares not whether he/she sells or not, since they are not owners.
Mechanics-removes a part from your car and collects money for buying another one, but still replaces the one he removes.
Carpenter/Tailor delay in delivery for reasons best known to them.
Just to mention a few,
N I G E R I A.
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by mubaraqqq(f): 7:47pm On Jan 06, 2010
obatoro:

Characteristics of a typical NIGERIAN:

1. Talk ill of their country.
2. See nothing good about their country.
3. In their bedrooms they talk  and complain about how BAD their leaders are and do nothing about it.
4. Prefer any country else apart from your country
5. These bad leaders are their; parents, friends' parents, uncles, friends' uncles,neighbours, townsmen, kinsmen e.t.c

In their little offices see how they treat customers;
Bank workers- shout at customer and talk rudely to them, over their money.
Police- harass innocent, law abiding citizens on the streets.
Teacher- refusing to go to classes/lectures as at when due.
Shop Attendant-cares not whether he/she sells or not, since they are not owners.
Mechanics-removes a part from your car and collects money for buying another one, but still replaces the one he removes.
Carpenter/Tailor delay in delivery for reasons best known to them.
Just to mention a few,
N I G E R I A.

So I agree with you on all the above, but are you not doing exactly the same thing right now. You are commenting on a website about Nigerians badmouthing Nigeria. That does not get us anywhere, we are back to square one. What is an action oriented solution that you can suggest right now about this specific issue that Nigerians commenting on this thread can do right this moment?
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by mubaraqqq(f): 7:51pm On Jan 06, 2010
londoner:

Website of tha National Assembly.

http://www.nassnig.org/

I just went to the website, it is pure rubbish, no contact info, nothing to post comment to.
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by manuch(m): 7:55pm On Jan 06, 2010
they are terrorists in the u.k . why don't they put them on their list.
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by londoner: 7:56pm On Jan 06, 2010
@Maburaqqq, here are e-mail addresses and postal addresses. You have to look for them on the site under "contacts".
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by platinumnk(f): 7:57pm On Jan 06, 2010
@bigfoot- opc eggs? hilarious!!!!

@debo- i hear you, Nigeria is just so frustrating that u wish everything was taken away so they can realize what we could had.  embarassed
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by icycool84: 8:07pm On Jan 06, 2010
"It is not America alone that has citizens to whom the government is responsible, we also have citizens and we are responsible to them, "

Really So they know they are responsible to us and yet they steal our money with such impunity and flaunt it for us to see like there is nothing we can do about it. I think we're getting this reaction from them, simply because it also affects them, they also have to go thru the same humiliating process while trying to cart our money out of our shores and of course in the process will be exposed. I don't think the US was right in including Nigeria in such a list but I have no faith whatsoever in our politicians. This so called threat reminds me of the joke abt the drunkard that keeps going to the bar threatening the bar maid: "give me gulder or else, " and of course he keeps getting free beers until the day the bar maid finally summons courage, and asks: "or else what?" and he replies "or else pure water, lol". I'm sure the US is right now asking them "or else what?" I can't wait to see how this drama unfolds. Our politicians are the least credible beings upon the face of the earth. They are rogues and terrorists themselves, they steal our money and terrorise us with their ill-gotten wealth and sirens. I'm counting down already, 6 days to go.LMAO!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply)

Chatham House: Stage Managed Show Of Shame By Buhari, APC – Fani Kayode / Photo Of President Buhari Carrying His Grandchild / Nigeria Must Exist On Basis Of Equality — Northern Leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.