Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,231 members, 7,815,300 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:29 AM

Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List (27374 Views)

Ohanaeze Gives FG Utimatum To Send Igbo Teachers To Israel / Global Youth Forum Issues PDP 7days Utimatum To Award GEJ Automatic 2015 Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by sayso: 1:35pm On Jan 06, 2010
felifeli:

You people have very little understanding. If we allow attitudes like this to go on against Nigeria we will eventually become the greatest joke in the world - you and me included. Do you continue with a marriage in which you are being treated like a dog ?. No, it is a nonsense marriage. I will vote that Nigeria suspends diplomatic relationship with US until the matter is resolved. Let us be able to walk with our heads high for a change rather than grovelling for acceptance. We are a great and intelligent people, not criminals like these countries are turning us into.
Yes , let's break diplomatic relationship with USA. It will be the biggest shock that they will receive and it will catch the world's attention that Nigeria means business- at last.

how many diplomatic relationship have we suspended since this crooks loot our treasury?
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by muhsin(m): 1:36pm On Jan 06, 2010
The audacity and the guts of our leaders fascinated me greatly. And am sure the U.S will think over it and most likely act upon it.

Thumb up to them! smiley
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by asha80(m): 1:39pm On Jan 06, 2010
felifeli:

You people have very little understanding. If we allow attitudes like this to go on against Nigeria we will eventually become the greatest joke in the world - you and me included. Do you continue with a marriage in which you are being treated like a dog ?. No, it is a nonsense marriage. I will vote that Nigeria suspends diplomatic relationship with US until the matter is resolved. Let us be able to walk with our heads high for a change rather than grovelling for acceptance.[b] We are a great and intelligent people, not criminals like these countries are turning us into.[/b]Yes , let's break diplomatic relationship with USA. It will be the biggest shock that they will receive and it will catch the world's attention that Nigeria means business- at last.

1st Bolded-If you do not know nigeria has been a joke in the community of nations for sometime.

2nd Bolded-You honestly think those sinators and house of representathieves care about nigeria?You think they can go ahead and break relationships with the US?A country which most of their wards and relations are schooling and living?My guy they are only making noise so that they can be noticed.

3rd Bolded-It is not reflecting in the country.
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by PurestBoy(m): 1:43pm On Jan 06, 2010
US are not being unfair to us, Nigeria should be labelled a terrorist nation not just because of Umar, but because thre are thousands of Umar-like Nigerians in the north and they can do more than Umar if they had sponsors of the al-qaida,

So let us put sentiment apart and call a spade a spade, afterall we're losing two Umars which are the president and Farouk.
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by tkb417(m): 1:44pm On Jan 06, 2010
a lot of u guys on here are living in fantasy. . .perhaps u dont travel
the u.s must rescind its racist and unnecesarry decision immediately
most have been saying rubbish
how can we support the US blacklisting Nigeria?

what nonsense!!
as toothless as our leaders are, ill still support severing ties with the US!

the asians are worthy and able substitutes!!!

i cant understand why an average Nigerian is quick to support whatever rubbish the west dish to us; must we behave like dunderheads even in the face of bad governance?

i support the ultimatum
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by brownbonno(m): 1:45pm On Jan 06, 2010
felifeli:

You people have very little understanding. If we allow attitudes like this to go on against Nigeria we will eventually become the greatest joke in the world - you and me included. Do you continue with a marriage in which you are being treated like a dog ?. No, it is a nonsense marriage. I will vote that Nigeria suspends diplomatic relationship with US until the matter is resolved. Let us be able to walk with our heads high for a change rather than grovelling for acceptance. We are a great and intelligent people, not criminals like these countries are turning us into.
Yes , let's break diplomatic relationship with USA. It will be the biggest shock that they will receive and it will catch the world's attention that Nigeria means business- at last.

Thanks for your patrotic indulgence as a Nigerian,bear in mind that Ignorantia facti excusat but ignorantia juris non excusat.
You should know that the world have been watching Nigerian as nation with the bad names from 419,Corruption,financial scandals(all Banks are now sitting on the edge).The president is AWOL ,all the arms of government are corrupt.
Nigeria desire what she get from the international communities
I only pity for Nigerians,but we have to manage it otherwise the nation will be dead.Where are our students?
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by tkb417(m): 1:48pm On Jan 06, 2010
brownbonno:

Thanks for your patrotic indulgence as a Nigerian,bear in mind that ignorantia juris non excusat but Ignorantia legis neminem excusat.
You should know that the world have been watching Nigerian as nation with the bad names from 419,Corruption,financial scandals(all Banks are now sitting on the edge).The president is AWOL ,all the arms of government are corrupt.
Nigeria desire what she get from the international communities
I only pity for Nigerians,but we have to manage it otherwise the nation will be dead.Where are our students?
and ur point is?
lemme help, if we are suffering from bad governance and perception issues, we should allow the West to add to our misery cool

i see; na ITK be most of you people
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by MrCartha: 1:49pm On Jan 06, 2010
What a flamboyant hullabaloo grin. He that is already down should have no fear for a common fall cool Nigeria, we there again fail thee sad embarassed
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by asha80(m): 1:50pm On Jan 06, 2010
tkb417:

what nonsense!!

i cant understand why an average Nigerian are quick to support whatever rubbish the west dish to us; must we behave like dunderheads even in the face of bad governance?

i support the ultimatum

After ultimatum what next?This is a time to use our heads rather than being unneccesarily emotional about it.Has nigeria developed itself to the extent that it can withstand bans?You trust asians?Have you dealt with them before?If you want nigeria to become north korea be my guest.
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by oyinda3(f): 1:53pm On Jan 06, 2010
US will NOT remove Nigeria from the black list. lol at least not in 7 days. what will the senate do then?
I think should sit and discuss this in a compromising way rather than making threats. because that's like a mouse barking at a cat.

anyways, I think US is a hypocrite country. The dude was trained to become a terrorist in the UK and yemen. he only happens to be born in nigeria as a muslim. why isn't UK on the black list? many of its citizens are confirmed terrorists.

but then again, we are a poorer country so we have to obey our [i]masters [/i]otherwise, like someone said, we might become another zimbabwe. dignity is only reserved for richer countries i guess.
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by debosky(m): 1:55pm On Jan 06, 2010
When there is no president what do you expect?

If a president was on the ground to give firm assurances that this was a one off and to actually deal on the same level with the US president this wouldn't have happened. The patently weak leadership offered by the country has led to this action by the US.

Mark can scream himself hoarse - Obama would be facing an almighty climb down if he took Nigeria off the list after this and the US press would savage him so there's no chance of this happening.
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by debosky(m): 1:57pm On Jan 06, 2010
This pointless ultimatum will do nothing - it does not come from the head of state and is simply a man seeking relevance in the absence of the real leader of the country.

The so called leaders do not even have the guts to cut off ties with the US, so don't expect that to happen.

The only sensible thing to do is to subject flights from the US to similar screening in Nigeria. That is what Brazil did when the US insisted on fingerprinting all flights from Brazil - it did the same thing to all US visitors.
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by Afam(m): 1:58pm On Jan 06, 2010
tkb417:

what nonsense!!

i cant understand why an average Nigerian is quick to support whatever rubbish the west dish to us; must we behave like dunderheads even in the face of bad governance?

i support the ultimatum

Exactly! Unfortunately, we have shameless Nigerians with low self esteem suffering from inferiority complex that will support everything the US does even to their own parents, friends, brothers, sisters etc all in the name of blind love for the US as if their lives are dependent on satisfying or supporting the US.

Our own leaders have not been living up to expectation but on this issue they have done well whether they took the decision based on their selfish ways or not.

Nigeria should not and cannot be receiving dictations from No 10 Downing Street or the White House. I only wish we had a leader that will put the interest of Nigerians first.
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by brownbonno(m): 1:59pm On Jan 06, 2010
debosky:

If a president was on the ground to give firm assurances that this was a one off and to actually deal on the same level with the US president this wouldn't have happened. The patently weak leadership offered by the country has led to this action by the US.

Mark can scream himself hoarse - Obama would be facing an almighty climb down if he took Nigeria off the list after this and the US press would savage him so there's no chance of this happening.

That is the point.
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by 77ken: 2:01pm On Jan 06, 2010
These Senators are scared they and their families will be given a rough time trying to squander the nations money in the name of medical trips and holidays to the US, Like MJ said they don`t really care about us. 4get their rantings nothin will come out of it
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by tkb417(m): 2:07pm On Jan 06, 2010
asha 80:

After ultimatum what next?This is a time to use our heads rather than being unneccesarily emotional about it.Has nigeria developed itself to the extent that it can withstand bans?You trust asians?Have you dealt with them before?If you want nigeria to become north korea be my guest.
what have u said?
time to use our head by sucking up?
hehehehehe
thats a solid way to use our heads abi? ure right on target!

what bans are you talking about? so when you decide to severe ties as a result of a diplomatic logjam, u get banned?
interesting!

lemme break it down- Nigeria, Nigerians should reject in its total entirety an attempt at blacklisting us

is that clear now? it has got nothing to do with our leaders or the perception about us
its about me and you and if they insist we are an axis of evil, then since evil and light cannot walk in unison, we can part ways and encourage ties with those knocking on our doors

thats my point in simple english
are we clear; ill be glad if u can throw more light on how to use our heads like you mentioned

debosky:

valid point
we have no President and its a shame

debosky:

This pointless ultimatum will do nothing - it does not come from the head of state and is simply a man seeking relevance in the absence of the real leader of the country.

The so called leaders do not even have the guts to cut off ties with the US, so don't expect that to happen.

The only sensible thing to do is to subject flights from the US to similar screening in Nigeria. That is what Brazil did when the US insisted on fingerprinting all flights from Brazil - it did the same thing to all US visitors.
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by sutoboy(m): 2:07pm On Jan 06, 2010
sad shocked
   VERY FUNNY, AM VERY SAD FOR PUTTING US IN 14TH TERRORIST COUNTRY

WHY CANT WE GO FOR NUMBER 1, I THINK THAT IS THE POINT.

WE DONT HAVE ANY LEADERS TO FIGHT FOR THAT.
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jan 06, 2010
Highly inconsequential and laughable ultimatum!!.

These folks in NASS should know that establishments that matters in the world can't take them serious.
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jan 06, 2010
Good move by our 'leaders',for once

I think these Americans are beginning to get on my nerves with their bullshit.

They think without them the rest of the world will collapse.

I think Nigeria is better-off without them,anyway.

M-O-R-O-N-S
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by kosovo(m): 2:10pm On Jan 06, 2010
wow, I love the Obama Administration,  For this reason only cheesy

Let see how a country that ignorantly denounced Mutallab as one of their's can Face the world Power,
This one no amount of Bribe can change it,
  Nigeria is painfully a Joke,  I miss BABA's Administration, i wonder where they would have found the list to include Nigeria angry
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by KENZYYONG(m): 2:14pm On Jan 06, 2010
I thnk 9ijaz 'we are d architects of our own misfortune' hw do think dat we cant be blak listed seeing d high rate of crime within and out side naija whch are all being caused by us. D tin wey dey be say make we try mend our naija cos any hw any hw naija na our own.
[color=#006600][/color] cry
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by agathamari(f): 2:16pm On Jan 06, 2010
you have got to be kidding me, they still think this has only to do with the plane incident and not all the other crap that is going on? out of all the countries on the list less then 1/4 have been involved in acts of terrorism onboard planes or other forms of international transportation.  nigeria isnt even listed as a terrorist country, it is a country of intrest.  so is cuba, when was the last time they were viewed as terrorist? 1960?  for crying out loud what is this ultimatum?  after 7 days what is the government going to do?  whine some more?  act like adults, speak to the us government and find out exactly why they are placed on the list and see what can be done to change the issue.  whining is not going to help nigerias image, it is only going to make it worse.  the government has to stand up and take responsibility for the countries issues (the militants in the south, the religious fighting in the north, the tribal conflicts, the al-qaeda/taliban wannabes, the kidnappings, the corruption, the drug trafficing, the 419 issues) untill things change the way the world views nigeria wont change.  havent the politicians ever heard the story of the boy who cried wolf.  nigeria is crying wolf and noone cares to hear it anymore.  it is only a matter of time before the wolf (coruption/greed/bigotry) devowers the country.
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jan 06, 2010
debosky:

of course, our yeye customs etal will simply turn that to another settlement bizness
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by otawa: 2:20pm On Jan 06, 2010
There is no basis whatsoever for USA to include Nigeria in any list.

On this one, Mr Obama and his cronies got it very very wrong.

After 7days, we should use exact same measures on any AMERICANS visiting Nigeria.

The Nigerians going to USA if you dont like being 'naked-search, stay at home and develop your country.
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by hatbreaker: 2:22pm On Jan 06, 2010
This whole scenario is laughable, i just cant wait to see how it plays through!!whether we are blacklisted or whitelisted,its none ma business, Its about time men of Goodwill rise up to the true meaning of the dream of our founding fathers and wipe out these bunch of visionless greedy vipers.
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by email1(m): 2:24pm On Jan 06, 2010
Dont blame the religious fanatics or extremist. Go back to history. Ask yourself, is it only Nigeria that have Christians and Muslims? It is because of almagamation or ki lon kpe no in 1912, when Nigeria was divided into three by the British govt. so that every region will look after their region. That was the begining of the religous crisis.

So when you think about it, know who caused it. In Ghana, there areChristians and Muslims and we've not heard about religous crisis of any kind.

The Senators are right and for the first time we know we now have a voice.
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by tkb417(m): 2:28pm On Jan 06, 2010
otawa:

After 7days, we should use exact same measures on any AMERICANS visiting Nigeria.

The Nigerians going to USA if you dont like being 'unclothed-search, stay at home and develop your country.

gbam!!
u wanna visit Nigeria? let them lie face down while the mopol search them
hehehehehe

vagabonds

agathamari:

you have got to be kidding me, they still think this has only to do with the plane incident and not all the other crap that is going on? out of all the countries on the list less then 1/4 have been involved in acts of terrorism onboard planes or other forms of international transportation.  nigeria isnt even listed as a terrorist country, it is a country of intrest.  so is cuba, when was the last time they were viewed as terrorist? 1960?  for crying out loud what is this ultimatum?  after 7 days what is the government going to do?  whine some more?  act like adults, speak to the us government and find out exactly why they are placed on the list and see what can be done to change the issue.  whining is not going to help nigerias image, it is only going to make it worse.  the government has to stand up and take responsibility for the countries issues (the militants in the south, the religious fighting in the north, the tribal conflicts, the al-qaeda/taliban wannabes, the kidnappings, the corruption, the drug trafficing, the 419 issues) untill things change the way the world views nigeria wont change.  havent the politicians ever heard the story of the boy who cried wolf.  nigeria is crying wolf and noone cares to hear it anymore.  it is only a matter of time before the wolf (coruption/greed/bigotry) devowers the country.
what has that got to do with 9ja being an axis of evil?

i tot there are countries who are not on that list whose macro economic problems are more than greater than 9jas
wht has 419ing got to do with being labelled a terror zone? cos a one foiled attempt by one mofo

its better to cry wolf sometimes than act like a zombie/asslicker.
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by wirinet(m): 2:30pm On Jan 06, 2010
otawa:

The Nigerians going to USA if you dont like being 'unclothed-search, stay at home and develop your country.

I agree with you that the US has no basis for labeling Nigeria a terrorist state, the only problem is that the diplomatic maneuvers can only come from the executive and not the legislators or the Judiciary. It is only the commander-in Chief of the armed forces that can give an ultimatum or sever diplomatic ties. The only Job of the Senate (with the house of reps) is to give appropriate support.
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by felifeli: 2:33pm On Jan 06, 2010
The sad thing is that there are a lot more Nigerians (especially in this forum) already crapping theirselves worrying very hard about their US visa (lottery) rather than their dignity as human beings. America stands to lose more face in the event of a diplomatic breakdown with Nigeria - especially over a matter which t[b]he whole world knows is unfair[/b]. I am sure Obama is no fool
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by Shimao(m): 2:35pm On Jan 06, 2010
You guys dont see the bigger picture. The only reason the senate is concerned about us being blacklisted is because they and their activities would now come under scrutiny; their countless foreign accounts would be under watch so also their numerous trips. Mark my words. This is a blessing in disguise.
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by debosky(m): 2:35pm On Jan 06, 2010
Nigeria has not been labelled a 'terrorist state' but if Mutallab felt he could use Nigerian airports as a means to attack the US and escape undetected, there might be a valid challenge of our airport security.

Airport security in Nigeria is LAX - and terrorists might want to use flights originating Nigeria to get at the US given Mutallab's success.

But then again, with an incompetent government incapable of properly articulating it's position to challenge the claims made against it, we have no one but ourselves to blame.

Immediately after the attack, you'd have had the FAAN authorities on live web link on CNN defending our airport screening or the head of the Aviation Ministry. You'd have the intelligence agency defending their performance, but no - we are so weak we can only 'complain' and not show that everything needed was done and as a result there's no need to label Nigeria.
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by Secretz(f): 2:41pm On Jan 06, 2010
If USA have really labelled us a terrorist state, I think that's a bit far fetched, but I think they have every right to have concerns over our security measures or lack of.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Chatham House: Stage Managed Show Of Shame By Buhari, APC – Fani Kayode / Photo Of President Buhari Carrying His Grandchild / Akintoye On UN protest: FG planted IPOB banner among Yoruba Nation agitators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.