Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,248 members, 7,815,366 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List (27377 Views)

Ohanaeze Gives FG Utimatum To Send Igbo Teachers To Israel / Global Youth Forum Issues PDP 7days Utimatum To Award GEJ Automatic 2015 Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by LeMoor(m): 5:05pm On Jan 06, 2010
Chapelle.S:

You don't know what your are talking about.If you are in the know,you wouldn't talk like an ignoramus.I am against terrorism in its totality but that should not make the US lord it over certain countries. If you listened to Al-Jazeera inside story yesterday on this issue of the notorious 14 you would even see how many US experts and citizens are condemning this Obama's cation.Complicating it with inclusion of Cuba.It does not translate into good policy.Some weeks ago I stumbled on some documents which was a security report sanctioned by the US on securing the Gulf of Guinea which is a major source of good oil for the US. Ok If US can let them stop buying over 40 % of Nigerians oil which translate to over 10 percent of energy used by the US.That means about 30 million US citizens who drive gas guzzling cars have to stop driving. Then see oil prices skyrocket to over 200$ and then we see whether there will not be any visible impart.
Why are you so quick to throw insults?,
Reading is fundamental, understanding even more so,

I didnt address the morality of the decision, I alluded to fools who thought we could give ultimatums because we have oil. Guess what, like sucks and reality is harsh. Majority suffer for the actions of a few, if you were a frequent traveller pre 9-11 2001, you would know how that singular event changed travelling forever and you will understandhow this singular event is going to change it even more.

Every single thing you typed in response did not address what i said. I said eventually, our oil will no longer be an ace. keyword = eventually. I said alternatives are being sort actively, either in the form of the required energy or the locations. You are responding by telling me about 30mill american that drive gas guzzling cars. How many of those gas guzzling cars have a 2010 model that doesnt have a hybrid version?

Finally you attempt to rebut my arguments using Al-jazeera,  GTFOH!!!

Personally, I dont know any member of the US senate who vacations in Nigeria or has a home in Nigeria, yet, I dont think there is any Nigerian senator presently who doesnt have a home or vacation in the US. I am keen to see who this would affect the most,
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by platinumnk(f): 5:06pm On Jan 06, 2010
naijaway:

There are some Nigerians who have to think twice about visiting parts of their own fatherland, is he as interested in addressing that?

Yes it might get umcomfotable traveling home, but those who will come home will come home regardless.
A US celebrity coming from Costa Rica recieved hell last night because her boarding pass did not match her name  
(Airline fault) so no one is above anything.  .
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by londoner: 5:14pm On Jan 06, 2010
platinumnk:

Yes it might get umcomfotable traveling home, but those who will come home will come home regardless.
A US celebrity coming from Costa Rica recieved hell last night because her boarding pass did not match her name 
(Airline fault) so no one is above anything.  .

You dont get my point, I'm not talking about people travelling to their village. I am talking about people who fear violence due to religious extremism in certain parts of the country and so fear to go there.

The Costa Rican celebrity did not recieve that treatment because of her nationality. If it had been an English person or and Australian the same would have happened. Its something every passenger regardless of country of origin would face. Its a bit different.
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by Rec09: 5:17pm On Jan 06, 2010
The insinuation that 150 million innocent Nigerians may be terrorists simply because of 1 person's misdeed is in itself an act of PSYCHOLOGICAL TERRORISM. Nigerians abhor terrorism in all forms,  Whether it is by blowing planes up, or by assaulting a nation's sense of Self-Worth, Self-Pride, and Dignity. I am Nigerian,  I am PROUD to be,  I don't blow planes up,  And I speak for the remaining 149,999,998 Nigerians.
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by mikkyrazzy: 5:19pm On Jan 06, 2010
( Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List)

or else what?
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by platinumnk(f): 5:22pm On Jan 06, 2010
londoner:

You dont get my point, I'm not talking about people travelling to their village. I am talking about people who fear violence due to religious extremism in certain parts of the country and so fear to go there.

Ok I get it. No they wont adress it, just like they wont adress the killing of corpers in the Nothern States.
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by adconline(m): 5:22pm On Jan 06, 2010
US is telling Nigeria

"  I got an appetite for destruction and you're a small fry" Jay-Z.
Theses idiots are complaining because they will be required to go through the same security measures with every Nigerian any time they want to travel. Imagine a thieving politician now being treated as a terrorist.
"Problem dey sleep Iyanga go wake am, wetin you dey find palava" Fela
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by hilli666(m): 5:25pm On Jan 06, 2010
Honestly, how many of you would be happy in the US invaded and occupied Nigeria??
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by platinumnk(f): 5:26pm On Jan 06, 2010
Rec09:

The insinuation that 150 million innocent Nigerians may be terrorists simply because of 1 person's misdeed is in itself an act of PSYCHOLOGICAL TERRORISM. Nigerians abhor terrorism in all forms,  Whether it is by blowing planes up, or by assaulting a nation's sense of Self-Worth, Self-Pride, and Dignity. I am Nigerian,  I am PROUD to be,  I don't blow planes up,  And I speak for the remaining 149,999,998 Nigerians.

Really?  undecided undecided

adconline:

US is telling Nigeria

"  I got an appetite for destruction and you're a small fry" Jay-Z

yes . .  America has an unhealthy thrist for blood, and Nigeria is stupidly provoking them . . .
America is mad at Obama for the security breach who then shows a display of power to nations . .
Nigeria is like a fly and America has a swatter.

hilli666:

Honestly, how many of you would be happy in the US invaded and occupied Nigeria??

If it brings constant 24 electricty and running water, I welcome them with open arms smiley
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by oderemo(m): 5:29pm On Jan 06, 2010
thnk Nigeria as a country should first attain FOOD SECURITY MIND SECURITY, that is being able to cultivate the food they consume before matching words with US.

NIGERIA= 0
USA =20
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by vicero(m): 5:30pm On Jan 06, 2010
Truth is we should forget the lapses of the senate for now and concentrate on what the United States is trying to do. We need to learn a big lesson from Iraq, How the U.S deviously set Saddam up just to get their oil. For how long has the U.S been trying to get into Nigeria. Why are we been blind. Its time we wake up, and wash our dirty Nigerian Linen in Nigeria, and not on the global scale. Besides, how do we know that the U.S is not behind the attempted attack? Reason,
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by tkb417(m): 5:32pm On Jan 06, 2010
7 days will pass and nothing will happen. Obama is angry and I think the Americans want a show of power so Nigeria needs to tread carefully.

lmao
laffable! Obama is angry and they wanna show off at our expense and u people are quick to suck up

Long live Nigeria; shame on America for trying to bully us

I'm only hoping this US thingy wouldnt lead more Nigerians into the act of terror

US no dey shame, why den no label Russia as an axis of evil
vagabonds

.   .   .    .    and if we dont tread carefully ma sister, what would they do? would they stop the sun from shinning?
i leave them to Iran and co to deal with them
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by tkb417(m): 5:36pm On Jan 06, 2010
yes . . America has an unhealthy thrist for blood, and Nigeria is stupidly provoking them . . .
America is mad at Obama for the security breach who then shows a display of power to nations . .
Nigeria is like a fly and America has a swatter.
hmm, i see

If it brings constant 24 electricty and running water, I welcome them with open arms

hmm, like it brought constant electricity to baghdad

its a fact, Iraq was a beautiful country b4 US invasion
what do they have now?

its so easy for someone who lives abroad to wish invasion to Nigerians living here

i see. woe unto America for fighting unnecessary wars
I hope they get hit the more b4 the year runs out
maybe you people can stop talking
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by annie7(m): 5:38pm On Jan 06, 2010
"7- DAY ULTIMATUM MY FOOT" YOU KNOW WAT. NIGERIANS I THINK WE'VE DEVELOP THE HABIT OF FOOLING OURSELVES.
WAT D SENATOR SAID IS JUST TRASH,IF AMERICA DID NOT REMOVE US 4RM D BLACK LIST WAT WILL AL DIS YEYE PPL DO,BUT I BELEIEVE DEY WOULD SUFFER D CONSEQUENCE OF MUTALLAB ACT MORE THAN ANY NIGERIAN because DEY WILL BE STRIPE NAKED BY AMERICANS WHEN DEY ARE FOR ABROAD ALL IN THE NAME OF SEARCHING IN THIER AIRPORT.
STUPID LAWMAKERS AND LEADERS.
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by MAYOWAAK: 5:39pm On Jan 06, 2010
A COUNTRY WHOSE POLITICAL LEADERS ARE UNIVERSLLY RENOWNED FOR TREASURY BOMBING QUALIFIES TO BE CALLED A TERRORIST COUNTRY.A NATION THAT INDULGES IN THE FORGERY OF SIGNATURE ON NATIONAL BUDGET SHOULD BE LABELLED A TERRORIST NATION.AN OIL PRODUCING COUNTRY WHERE FUEL SCARCITY HAS BECOME THE NORM IS A TERRORIST COUNTRY.A COUNTRY WHOSE UNIVERSITY SYSTEM IS ANACHRONISTIC AND BEDEVILLED BY ENDLESS STRIKES IS A TERRORIST COUNTRY.A COUNTRY WHOSE HOSPITALS HAVE BECOME DEATH CENTRES IS A TERRORIST COUNTRY.A COUNTRY WHERE ROADS HAVE BECOME DEATH TRAPS IS A TERRORIST COUNTRY.A COUNTRY THAT HAS THE SECOND  HIGHEST RATE OF INFANT MORTALITY GLOBALLY IN 2009 SHOULD BE TAGGED A TERRORIST NATION.A  NATION WHERE RELIGIOUS UPHEAVALS STARTING WITH THE MAITAISINE RIOTS OF 1980'S TO THE KALA KATO UPRISING OF DECEMBER 2009 SHUOLD BE GIVEN THE APPELATION OF A TERRORIST COUNTRY.A COUNTY WHOSE PRESIDENT HAS BEEN MISSING FROM THE FACE OF THE EARTH FOR OVER 40 DAYS IS UNDOUBTEDLY A TERRORIST NATION.THE EMBLEMS,TOKENS AND LIST OF INTERNAL TERRORISM GOING ON IN THE COUNTRY IS OF GARGANTUAN PROPORTION THAT WILL TAKE GURUS IN SOCIOLOGY INFINITE YEARS TO UNRAVEL.

WHAT THE UNITED STATES GOVT SIMPLY DID WAS TO BUT AN OFFICIAL LABEL ON WHAT HAS BEEN HITHERTO GLARING TO ALL INCLUDING THOSE THAT HAVE BEEN CLINICALLY CERTIFIED BLIND.
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jan 06, 2010
Bleep the damn country usa,they can hold on to them selves.
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by Kennyyo: 5:43pm On Jan 06, 2010
A lot of you guys find it difficult to handle issues objectively. The fundamental truth is a single individual and a single isolated event is not enough for US to place Nigeria on their so called terror. Come to think of it- the guy spent only 11 years of his early life in Nigeria. Where did he get influenced with those extremist islamic views? UK of course. Does he have any link with any group in Nigeria? NO. Why did america not declare those US states where their guys killed their fellow students as a terror region and blacklist those states? Why is UK that has increasing number of Islamic fundamentalist not on the list considering the fact that Umar Mutallab got influenced in UK.

America should go and sit down. They cant bamboozzle everybody.
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by tkb417(m): 5:46pm On Jan 06, 2010
MAYOWAAK:

A COUNTRY WHOSE POLITICAL LEADERS ARE UNIVERSLLY RENOWNED FOR TREASURY BOMBING QUALIFIES TO BE CALLED A TERRORIST COUNTRY.A NATION THAT INDULGES IN THE FORGERY OF SIGNATURE ON NATIONAL BUDGET SHOULD BE LABELLED A TERRORIST NATION.AN OIL PRODUCING COUNTRY WHERE FUEL SCARCITY HAS BECOME THE NORM IS A TERRORIST COUNTRY.A COUNTRY WHOSE UNIVERSITY SYSTEM IS ANACHRONISTIC AND BEDEVILLED BY ENDLESS STRIKES IS A TERRORIST COUNTRY.A COUNTRY WHOSE HOSPITALS HAVE BECOME DEATH CENTRES IS A TERRORIST COUNTRY.A COUNTRY WHERE ROADS HAVE BECOME DEATH TRAPS IS A TERRORIST COUNTRY.A COUNTRY THAT HAS THE SECOND  HIGHEST RATE OF INFANT MORTALITY GLOBALLY IN 2009 SHOULD BE TAGGED A TERRORIST NATION.A  NATION WHERE RELIGIOUS UPHEAVALS STARTING WITH THE MAITAISINE RIOTS OF 1980'S TO THE KALA KATO UPRISING OF DECEMBER 2009 SHUOLD BE GIVEN THE APPELATION OF A TERRORIST COUNTRY.A COUNTY WHOSE PRESIDENT HAS BEEN MISSING FROM THE FACE OF THE EARTH FOR OVER 40 DAYS IS UNDOUBTEDLY A TERRORIST NATION.THE EMBLEMS,TOKENS AND LIST OF INTERNAL TERRORISM GOING ON IN THE COUNTRY IS OF GARGANTUAN PROPORTION THAT WILL TAKE GURUS IN SOCIOLOGY INFINITE YEARS TO UNRAVEL.

WHAT THE UNITED STATES GOVT SIMPLY DID WAS TO BUT AN OFFICIAL LABEL ON WHAT HAS BEEN HITHERTO GLARING TO ALL INCLUDING THOSE THAT HAVE BEEN CLINICALLY CERTIFIED BLIND.
ur use of figures of speech is mint!!
but hey, appeal to sense and quit bigotry

this kinda speech is only tenable when aluta is being engineered in our univeristies not where the sane and sound are having a jaw jaw

so retreat and come back with a speech worthy of this audience

absolute applesauce
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by oderemo(m): 5:48pm On Jan 06, 2010
i
see. woe unto America for fighting unnecessary wars
I hope they get hit the more b4 the year runs out
maybe you people can stop talking

i presume by that statement you have once been refused american visa. or do you live their.?
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by tkb417(m): 5:49pm On Jan 06, 2010
ode remo:

i
i presume by that statement you have once been refused american visa. or do you live their.?
lol! i was expecting such from a confuzzled soul

i dont even carry ur green pee so scratch that!
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by Wallie(m): 5:50pm On Jan 06, 2010
What people seem to ignore is the fact that the would-be bomber flew out of Nigeria. The guy went through Nigerian airport security and was able to get onto a US bound flight. Even though he had to change flight in Amsterdam, he didn’t go through security over there because he never left the sanitized area.

My question is: Do you think another would-be suicide bomber could originate out of Nigeria and sneak though Nigerian airport? I would say “hell yeah”!

Also, some people mentioned other countries not listed in the “country of interest” list. Can those people mention a single country not on the list that has a government that condones/supports religious fanatics killing innocent people? The truth is that Nigerian government condones the unabated killing of innocent people in the northern part of Nigeria by turning a blind eye or only responding with enough force (curfew) to quell the killings. What ever happened to bringing those responsible for taking human lives to justice? Since when is it ok to kill innocent people with impunity and get away scot-free just because you belong to a particular religion?

To people questioning the US; what do you suggest they do…continue the status quo? Or they should wait until a plane actually gets blown up? Wouldn’t it be better to be proactive rather than reactive?

I’m sure the US will be receptive to Nigeria coming off the list but I’m also sure Nigeria will be given a list of conditions to meet.

All these talks about tit-for-tat or diplomatic row sounds idiotic because Nigeria has no true leverage over the US. I’m sure some will think that Nigeria can flex their muscle by stopping oil export…well; do you understand that oil exporting requires long term contracts? What is Nigeria going to do about the contract? It seems you guys are suggesting that Nigeria is in a financial position to risk a trade war with the richest and most powerful country in the world. Sure.

Furthermore, do you honestly believe that the US doesn’t have a contingency plan for a country that they predict will fail by 2015 if driven down a certain path? You don’t think such a contingency plan will include cessation of drilling in the Niger Delta due to militancy? You don’t think being the richest and most powerful country on earth buys you analysts that does nothing other than to come up with hypotheticals / contingencies of all the countries in the world especially the ones you trade with?

What do you think will happen if the US/UK revokes and denies visa to political office holders and their families? I hope the Nigerian senate follows through on their threat because maybe forcing them and their families to stay in Nigeria will force them to develop the country.

Least I forget, Nigeria is still on autopilot with 150 million people onboard and the stewards/stewardess’ are only helpful as long as autopilot is not disengaged! Somebody please find the pilot before the plane approaches the runway….
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by platinumnk(f): 5:52pm On Jan 06, 2010
Wallie:

What people seem to ignore is the fact that the would-be bomber flew out of Nigeria. The guy went through Nigerian airport security and was able to get onto a US bound flight. Even though he had to change flight in Amsterdam, he didn’t go through security over there because he never left the sanitized area.

My question is: Do you think another would-be suicide bomber could originate out of Nigeria and sneak though Nigerian airport? I would say “hell yeah”!

Also, some people mentioned other countries not listed in the “country of interest” list. Can those people mention a single country not on the list that has a government that condones/supports religious fanatics killing innocent people? The truth is that Nigerian government condones the unabated killing of innocent people in the northern part of Nigeria by turning a blind eye or only responding with enough force (curfew) to quell the killings. What ever happened to bringing those responsible for taking human lives to justice? Since when is it ok to kill innocent people with impunity and get away scot-free just because you belong to a particular religion?

To people questioning the US; what do you suggest they do…continue the status quo? Or they should wait until a plane actually gets blown up? Wouldn’t it be better to be proactive rather than reactive?

I’m sure the US will be receptive to Nigeria coming off the list but I’m also sure Nigeria will be given a list of conditions to meet.

All these talks about bosom-for-tat or diplomatic row sounds idiotic because Nigeria has no true leverage over the US. I’m sure some will think that Nigeria can flex their muscle by stopping oil export…well; do you understand that oil exporting requires long term contracts? What is Nigeria going to do about the contract? It seems you guys are suggesting that Nigeria is in a financial position to risk a trade war with the richest and most powerful country in the world. Sure.

Furthermore, do you honestly believe that the US doesn’t have a contingency plan for a country that they predict will fail by 2015 if driven down a certain path? You don’t think such a contingency plan will include cessation of drilling in the Niger Delta due to militancy? You don’t think being the richest and most powerful country on earth buys you analysts that does nothing other than to come up with hypotheticals / contingencies of all the countries in the world especially the ones you trade with?
[size=18pt]
What do you think will happen if the US/UK revokes and denies visa to political office holders and their families? I hope the Nigerian senate follows through on their threat because maybe forcing them and their families to stay in Nigeria will force them to develop the country.[/size]

Least I forget, Nigeria is still on autopilot with 150 million people onboard and the stewards/stewardess’ are only helpful as long as autopilot is not disengaged! Somebody please find the pilot before the plane approaches the runway….

GBAM!!

tbk - I hear you, but i said if it would bring us light and water, basic nessities in this day and age we are still begging for!
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by tkb417(m): 5:53pm On Jan 06, 2010
lololol
abeg, maybe the pilot don die sef we know no grin
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by Abekeade08(f): 5:54pm On Jan 06, 2010
You people have very little understanding. If we allow attitudes like this to go on against Nigeria we will eventually become the greatest joke in the world - you and me included. Do you continue with a marriage in which you are being treated like a dog ?. No, it is a nonsense marriage. I will vote that Nigeria suspends diplomatic relationship with US until the matter is resolved. Let us be able to walk with our heads high for a change rather than grovelling for acceptance. We are a great and intelligent people, not criminals like these countries are turning us into.
Yes , let's break diplomatic relationship with USA. It will be the biggest shock that they will receive and it will catch the world's attention that Nigeria means business- at last.

@FelicFeli,

You have no understanding of world politics for you to even suggest Nigeria break diplomatic ties with the U.S. Who are we kidding, the U.S is the world greatest super power. Are you really suggesting that we go ahead and break diplomatic ties with a country  that we need more than they need us.  Also why wont the treat us like dogs when the Islamists in the North are giving us a bad name? do you think the U.S is not monitoring the situation in the North, with all the bad news and religious killings we read on a daily basis.  When Muslims in the North start behaving like normal human beings, then we can all work together to  create a better image for Nigeria. In turn we will be rewarded with foreign lucrative investments, tourism e.t.c which will boost jobs, and our economy.
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jan 06, 2010

point of correction - the danfo has stalled
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by eddiebomba(m): 5:57pm On Jan 06, 2010
honestly, every one, this was a national disgrace waiting to happen. when i first heard about abdulmutallab's ill-fated flight, I was sad-but i wasn't in the least surprised. And we nigerians are not even handling the situation with dignity; we've gone into frantic denial embarassed embarassed embarassed sayng Nigerians are not terrorists (as if we don't have sympathisers of Osama bin Laden in this part of the world)!! Do you know how many people in this country rejoiced when the terrorists struck on 9/11 embarassed embarassed? i can count how many people I saw wearing bin laden T-shirts on the streets of Lagos - LAGOS, OF ALL PLACES, NOT EVEN THE NORTH shocked shocked shocked shocked!!! not to mention the religious crises that break out year after year after year; and all exacerbated by a lawless government that's not even worthy of the name angry angry angry - it was only a matter of time before this sort of thing happened sad sad cry cry cry. It can only happen in a mediocre society like ours sad sad sad

And as for Akunyuli's statements about nigerians not wanting to die and not having suicidal tendencies, is she sayiong this young man is not a Nigerian(which he is, whether we acknowledge it or not); and that nigerians dont do such because we are cowards sad sad embarassed embarassed embarassed? I have great regard for madam Akunyuli, but as far as her utterances on behalf of the FG are concerned - and I can't believe I'm saying this - she should please SHUT UP  angry angrybefore she ruins her credibility and the re-branding project with such irresponsible arguments angry angry angry embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by tkb417(m): 5:58pm On Jan 06, 2010
GBAM!!

tbk - I hear you, but i said if it would bring us light and water, basic nessities in this day and age we are still begging for!

i dey vex for u joh grin grin

nyways, u all have good points but hey, we aint no terrorist here in Nigeria
thats ma point

@all
pls, we should stop adding some religious comments to this thing

no red herring plss

US vs 9ja lawmakers abeg
nothing about northern muslims here abeg b4 some uncouth mouth/finger go come spoil thread o grin
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by Abekeade08(f): 6:04pm On Jan 06, 2010
US will NOT remove Nigeria from the black list. lol at least not in 7 days. what will the senate do then?
I think should sit and discuss this in a compromising way rather than making threats. because that's like a mouse barking at a cat.

anyways, I think US is a hypocrite country. The dude was trained to become a terrorist in the UK and yemen. he only happens to be born in nigeria as a muslim. why isn't UK on the black list? many of its citizens are confirmed terrorists.

but then again, we are a poorer country so we have to obey our masters otherwise, like someone said, we might become another zimbabwe. dignity is only reserved for richer countries i guess.

@ Oyinda

This is not all about Umar's actions. The U.S has been monitoring the situation of Kalo kato and Boko Haram, now that Umar has done this deed, you can expect Al queada to make attempts to start requirting in Northern Nigeria. Point your finger at the correct people for this predicament we find ourselves in.
If I was among the powers that be in America, I would suggest a blacklisting of Nigeria too until the Nigerian Government does something to curb all the religious riots and extremism in the North.
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by otawa: 6:07pm On Jan 06, 2010
You have no understanding of world politics for you to even suggest Nigeria break diplomatic ties with the U.S. Who are we kidding, the U.S is the world greatest super power. Are you really suggesting that we go ahead and break diplomatic ties with a country that we need more than they need us.

Actually USA needs us more than we need them!

Libya still do not have any ties to USA and you dont find their citizen swimming across ocean to fo Europe!

The point is that they will bully others nations to support them.

Super power is only super to the extent 'others' alllow him/her to be super.

If USA is swallowed by 'Tsunami', the world will continue!
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by yme1(f): 6:08pm On Jan 06, 2010
go naija am proud of the country jare
but where the fu-ck is yar adua
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by Kennyyo: 6:09pm On Jan 06, 2010
@eddiebomba

Please can you just stop being myopic. I wonder if it were Yoruba language you studied and never came across statistics. How can you use one man to judge 150million. That we have issues here and there does not warrant 150million of us being lebelled as terrorists. When did you ever hear of suicide rate in naija? We have more to live for than average american. We are not terrorists and thats the fact.
Re: Senate Gives Obama's Admin 7-day Utimatum To Remove Nigeria From The Black List by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jan 06, 2010
freaks, give nepa utimatum to light up the nation , give yar adua utimatum to show up , give the minister  for transport utimatum to build roads and repair the bad ones, give utimatum to creat jobs , or shut up and stop yelling utimatum for something you cant do nothing about,  punks !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Buhari With Ita-Giwa: Says, "2017 Budget Will Not Be Padded Under My Watch" / Military Jet Hovers Over National Assembly / PHOTOS: APC Rivers State Protesting In Front Of INEC State Headquarte

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.