Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,280 members, 7,815,477 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online (16510 Views)

Lady Who Met Man On Facebook Visits Him, Refuses To Go Back Home. See Reactions / I Want To Be Remembered For Having World’s Biggest Hips - American Woman / How To Meet The Right Man Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by Sapiosexuality(m): 5:07pm On Jun 26, 2017
Redgal:

I am black. I will heed your warning though Lol.
You better don't send him any money. Not even a cent. Don't try it.
Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by femo86(m): 5:09pm On Jun 26, 2017
bencarson007:

And do not think of coming over...I repeat, do not think of coming over. It's your choice. I'm out

It takes a strong heart to accept mistakes. Sorry bro I accidentally read you out of context
No vex na
Naim make you dey shout eh?
Oya come take one beer
Some people really said some bad stuff about Nigeria today so I shared the anger accidentally...
No vex

I'm sorry for the abuses...Even me dey vex ni....
So sorry....
If I can get some bottles of Star...he go dey ok...LOL
Enjoy the rest of your day
Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by bravolyk(m): 5:15pm On Jun 26, 2017
Some of you are very funny here on nairaland.

Redgal please if you can afford to come down to Nigeria please do. The guy might not be a scammer. I feel he's genuine. As for the visa fee Redgal it's possible it might be up to 2000 usd as he requested, he's going through an agent. For him to tell you that his family can't afford the visa fee means he can't meet the basic visa requirements to visit America not withstanding the visa fee. Where will he get the his statement of account from, a good landed property that will serve as a strong financial home tie, he owns no business or a salary account. All these are just the expensive basic requirements thats why he is seeking the help of a visa agent which is very expensive.

I know of family members who paid 900k naira for American visa which is more than the 2000 usd he requested for.

But listen if at all you send him money for the visa and he ends up telling you story of how the money is not enough or how someone jilted him and went away the money just cut ties with immediately. You might think you've lost financially and emotionally but I'll tell you he's the biggest looser why? This opportunity will never come his way again.

But in all, I see a broke Nigerian who is fortunate to find love abroad and wants to also make a good life out of it too.
Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by Jaqenhghar: 5:20pm On Jun 26, 2017
femo86:
The said guy could be here on NL reading and praying his hearts out....

Redgal........Just be cautious.....He should foot the bill if he is actually serious,
forget those stories that he's out of job, blah blah....If he really wanna see you,
let him sacrifice something.

And do not think of coming over...I repeat, do not think of coming over. It's your choice. I'm out
God bless you
Thats what real men do. Not wait for handouts from women.
Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by gentleedu(m): 5:21pm On Jun 26, 2017
i can't say for sure if his a scammer but i will advice you to be cautious in your decision.

this guy might truly love you but the image of Nigerians as scammers is giving you a second thought. my advice for u is not to send any money and monitor his behaviour, if he seem to change cuz you didn't send him money then his a scammer cuz scammers ain't that patient with their prey
Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by luminouz(m): 5:30pm On Jun 26, 2017
dingbang:
I used to have a white chic from los Angeles loving me so badly... I never asked her a dime.. This made her come all the way from United states to Nigeria just to see me but unfortunately, we didn't get to see due to circumstances beyond my control...

So I think in all sincerity, any guy who likes you won't want to start pulling demands.

And on the radio today I was advised by the OAP, never give money to anybody you met online who you havnt seen and you both have some "love"

If they really claim they like you, let them spend their time and money to come and see you.
Like WTF u saying? A chick came to see u from LA n u couldn't meet due to which circumstance
U dey born pikin ni?
Oooohhhhhh! Dingwat u fall my hand oooo!!!

1 Like

Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by Redgal(f): 5:31pm On Jun 26, 2017
obataokenwa:
To get visa to US is very hard... sincerely there are agents doing it for people by arranging the documents required for it and they charge 500,000naira which is about $1500. He may be willing to come over but how are you sure she loves you and will marry you when he comes over. They're many ways you can test his genuinty. There are many Nigerians over there... get a friend you know over there to connect you to any of their relations here they trust and hand over the money to the person and let the person follow the procedure up after they've confirmed this your friend as genuine by meeting him in person. Mind you also, the agents don't collect money till the visa comes out. so, if the visa comes out after the process I believe is the right time to pay the agent.... by then, you have genuinely confirmed the visa through your friends siblings over here...that should be the right time to send money. He's only required to pay visa fee which is about $200. I can brief u more Incase.
Had to reply to something you said here. He said the agent wants $1000 US first then will collect the remaining $1000 after the visa has been processed.
Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by Jaqenhghar: 5:31pm On Jun 26, 2017
If a girl you meet online asks for money to come visit you same people here will call her olosho, and al sorts of unprintable names. Now obe nigga is begging foreign babe for money and all of you are supporting him and advising her to send him the money. SMH

1 Like

Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jun 26, 2017
Redgal:

Had to reply to something you said here. He said the agent wants $1000 US first then will collect the remaining $1000 after the visa has been processed.

Don't send a dime, not even $100 unless you observe the measures i highlighted above. Have a fellow Nigerian investigate him...Yes they ask for such I agree but i don't advise sending a Nigerian money if that Nigerian ain't me dear.. grin
Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jun 26, 2017
After going to hell, my next biggest fear is for a foreigner sending a Nigerian money... ( red flag, bae...)
Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by Redgal(f): 5:37pm On Jun 26, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
You better don't send him any money. Not even a cent. Don't try it.
He told me recently that he borrowed money for food from his cousin last week but the food ran out. Although he doesn't want to ask me he says he's asking me to help him with money for food sometimes. Says. Recently sometimes he goes to bed without eating. I feel some type of way about sending money for food but at same time I can feel for him if true.
Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by indoorlove(m): 5:37pm On Jun 26, 2017
Get someone in Naija to help you run a background check him
Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by dingbang(m): 5:39pm On Jun 26, 2017
luminouz:

Like WTF u saying? A chick came to see u from LA n u couldn't meet due to which circumstance
U dey born pikin ni?
Oooohhhhhh! Dingwat u fall my hand oooo!!!
I dey camp that time na.. Why not ask me what made me not to see her... Besides she didn't tell me she would be coming... It was impromptu

1 Like

Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by Redgal(f): 5:42pm On Jun 26, 2017
bravolyk:
Some of you are very funny here on nairaland.

Redgal please if you can afford to come down to Nigeria please do. The guy might not be a scammer. I feel he's genuine. As for the visa fee Redgal it's possible it might be up to 2000 usd as he requested, he's going through an agent. For him to tell you that his family can't afford the visa fee means he can't meet the basic visa requirements to visit America not withstanding the visa fee. Where will he get the his statement of account from, a good landed property that will serve as a strong financial home tie, he owns no business or a salary account. All these are just the expensive basic requirements thats why he is seeking the help of a visa agent which is very expensive.

I know of family members who paid 900k naira for American visa which is more than the 2000 usd he requested for.

But listen if at all you send him money for the visa and he ends up telling you story of how the money is not enough or how someone jilted him and went away the money just cut ties with immediately. You might think you've lost financially and emotionally but I'll tell you he's the biggest looser why? This opportunity will never come his way again.

But in all, I see a broke Nigerian who is fortunate to find love abroad and wants to also make a good life out of it too.
In all honesty my dilemma is I'm not sure if he's really broke. After I told him he would have to at least show that he can take care of half of the bill He said if I help him with $1000 for the visa he can sell the land he said he bought and spent most of his money on before he lost his job to pay for the remaining $1000. He also said his cousin and cousins fiancee could probably help me with the remaining $1000 when the cousin comes over to the U.S.
Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by obataokenwa(m): 5:43pm On Jun 26, 2017
Redgal:

Getting US visa without genuine reasons is not always easy. He will not pay a dime to the agent till the visa comes out which will be sent o the agent address and he can only collect it when he pays. US embassy will only require him to pay non refundable fee of 54,000naira($200) to Gtbank and they set the date of interview through email which he's suppose to copy you to be sure. Besides, why will the agent demand money before visa is processed and interview granted. The agent will charge only logistics money which can be $100 approximately. Please my sister, get a Nigerian over there and use their siblings here to be sure of what he's saying....If he doubt too much I can give u agent that will do it for him and you guys pay after it's out(not compulsory). The visa fee will be communicated to him and he pay that by himself which is affordable also by him. Don't send a dime till your witness here confirms it.... not

1 Like

Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jun 26, 2017
Redgal:

He told me recently that he borrowed money for food from his cousin last week but the food ran out. Although he doesn't want to ask me he says he's asking me to help him with money for food sometimes. Says. Recently sometimes he goes to bed without eating. I feel some type of way about sending money for food but at same time I can feel for him if true.

Lol..it's a scam dear..sorry it took me too long to reach this point..It's a scam..tell him i said you now know it's a scam...Lol..borrowed money for food..how lame...that's the sign i've been looking for..it's your e=mc2...Eureka..scam alert
Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by bencarson007(m): 5:44pm On Jun 26, 2017
femo86:

I'm sorry for the abuses...Even me dey vex ni....
So sorry....
If I can get some bottles of Star...he go dey ok...LOL
Enjoy the rest of your day

I dey Benin o bros but travel a lot on business. I fit give you a shout if I know your area... Good to hang out once in a while with new people instead of us fighting online.
#Respects
Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jun 26, 2017
It's a scam..It has scam written all over it. Find another honest Nigerian please. This forum is flooding with responsible individuals not some dodgy fella begging money for food from cousin" ricky " ,lol... cheesy grin grin
Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by Redgal(f): 5:47pm On Jun 26, 2017
obataokenwa:
Getting US visa without genuine reasons is not always easy. He will not pay a dime to the agent till the visa comes out which will be sent o the agent address and he can only collect it when he pays. US embassy will only require him to pay non refundable fee of 54,000naira($200) to Gtbank and they set the date of interview through email which he's suppose to copy you to be sure. Besides, why will the agent demand money before visa is processed and interview granted. The agent will charge only logistics money which can be $100 approximately. Please my sister, get a Nigerian over there and use their siblings here to be sure of what he's saying....If he doubt too much I can give u agent that will do it for him and you guys pay after it's out(not compulsory). The visa fee will be communicated to him and he pay that by himself which is affordable also by him. Don't send a dime till your witness here confirms it.... not
Ok good advice.
Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by obataokenwa(m): 5:48pm On Jun 26, 2017
Redgal:

In all honesty my dilemma is I'm not sure if he's really broke. After I told him he would have to at least show that he can take care of half of the bill He said if I help him with $1000 for the visa he can sell the land he said he bought and spent most of his money on before he lost his job to pay for the remaining $1000. He also said his cousin and cousins fiancee could probably help me with the remaining $1000 when the cousin comes over to the U.S.
from this particular words... the guy is fake
Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by Redgal(f): 5:48pm On Jun 26, 2017
connectpoint:
It's a scam..It has scam written all over it. Find another honest Nigerian please. This forum is flooding with responsible individuals not some dodgy fella begging money for food from cousin" ricky " ,lol... cheesy grin grin
Ok Lol.
Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by Sapiosexuality(m): 5:50pm On Jun 26, 2017
Redgal:

Nonsense! What else would he say to illicit pity from you and empty your purse? He's hungry but still wants 2000$ dollars to come over there? Interesting priority. Do you even know his real name? I'd be very angry if you fall for this. How does he get data to chat with you and make video calls if he's dying of hunger? Don't try it. If you feel like helping anyone there are charity homes around you. Go drop something there.

1 Like

Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by Sapiosexuality(m): 5:55pm On Jun 26, 2017
Redgal:

Lololol. Smh. And you believe the trash? How will his cousins and cousins fiancée help you with the remaining 1000$? Why don't they just help him with the 1000$ dollars so he can sell the land and take care of the rest? If you fall for this, if you give money to a scammer when so many are hungry around you, you've wronged this world.

1 Like

Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jun 26, 2017
Where are you originally from ?
Redgal:
Ok Lol.
Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by obataokenwa(m): 6:01pm On Jun 26, 2017
Redgal:

Ok good advice.
If he's serious, he will be ready to show you all the evidence on this earth. please, is time you cut him off. imagine opportunity people are looking for and someone want to play pranks. Be careful of online friends.

1 Like

Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jun 26, 2017
How certain are you that OP is real of her claims ? How old is she ?
obataokenwa:
from this particular words... the guy is fake
Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by obataokenwa(m): 6:05pm On Jun 26, 2017
SillyeRabbit:
We are in public holiday so we pass time with all we see here and flow with the message and comments. This one too will pass grin
Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by swarzyli(m): 6:06pm On Jun 26, 2017
redgal...
there are pretty good guys in Nigeria who can love wholeheartedly but the truth is DT d bad guys/scammers outnumbered d good ones.
but my question is..why d long distance? Imagine from America to Nigeria..what happen to all d cute guys in America?
Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jun 26, 2017
Lol...You're right.
obataokenwa:
We are in public holiday so we pass time with all we see here and flow with the message and comments. This one too will pass grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by Redgal(f): 6:16pm On Jun 26, 2017
SillyeRabbit:
I'm real with my claims. I'm not lying. I too wondered about some of his claims but I guess by talking to me for a while this guy hit on some of my emotional buttons and compassionate buttons. I'm just thankful I was skeptical enough and didn't send the $2000. I am thankful for the advice given and I will cut off the guy.
Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by Transcendwonder: 6:16pm On Jun 26, 2017
Redgal:
Hi I'm an woman living in America. I met a Nigerian man online on a dating site. I don't usually do long distance relationship not even in the U.S. but I decided to exchange numbers with this man and we communicate mainly through What's App. I have been communicating with him for about 9 months now. He professed his love for me early. Which I was suspicious about but after talking to him for a while I believe he is probably genuine. He wants me to come over to Nigeria to visit him. He said it would be easy that way for me to come over to meet him and his family. Then when I go back it would be easy for him to get to the U.S. so he can be with me. He said he's not using me to get papers he genuinely loves me he says. I don't feel comfortable travelling to Nigeria by myself and having to rely on him for safety. I have asked him instead of me meeting him there maybe we could meet in a neutral country in Europe and a family member would go with me. He said its not easy to get a visiting visa to Europe. Is this true? He also says Nigeria is very corrupt and you have to pay a good amount of money to get Visa processed. Also he asked me to help him to get $2000 U.S. to pay the agent who will be working on him getting visa to U.S. I told him I might consider paying a part of that but he would have to come up with the rest. I wanted to test his sincerity. I'm asking anyone with good insight for their advice on this situation. Would you advise me to travel to Nigeria as a woman who doesn't know anyone except this man in that country? I'm a little apprehensive but at the same time I would like to meet him. Also do you think its wise for me to help him with the money for the visa? He said any money I lend him he will work hard to pay me back once he gets to the U.S.A. He said he recently lost his job and has little money.
Thread softly and dont be fast at all in reaching any conclusion about his genuineness.
Play this game, Tell him It's not a must he comes over to the US before you guys build something solid. He has a land right ? Advice him to use that as collateral for loan if he can't sell it or something and challenge him to find a business to do with it, Observe his reaction. Take your time , dont rush, dont allow him to sweet talk you. Present to him logical advices on how to turn things around without you parting with a cent. If he happens to still stick around while feeding you back on how things are moving with the said business using solid facts as witness, You'll Know you've got yourself a keeper and you can then be safe to arrange how you guys can meet to share something real.It might take a year , two or more before things work out, but at least , you will be sure you ain't falling prey to a cheat. Most importantly, don't part with a dime whatever you do up until you're sure you're absolutely safe.

1 Like

Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by vcente(m): 6:19pm On Jun 26, 2017
redgal: its a scam alright,but that does not mean that you have to lose.by renewing his passport I believe he genuinely wants to come to America.so why don't you contact the agency he is using and make the payments yourself that way there are no doubts on side.p.s u will have to verify the agency yourself.but thats easy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

I  can Travel From Lagos To Sokoto For A D!ck…(18+) / Your Girlfriend Says "Baby I'm Pregnant!" / Could This Big Butt (buttocks) Be Real Or Fake? (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.