Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:41 AM

American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online (16491 Views)

Lady Who Met Man On Facebook Visits Him, Refuses To Go Back Home. See Reactions / I Want To Be Remembered For Having World’s Biggest Hips - American Woman / How To Meet The Right Man Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by ghettochild(m): 12:54pm On Jun 26, 2017
well i would say... to those who think the guy is a scam... think twice. from all indication this guy is broke n not working. the truth is nobody will loan him money in nigeria. its that bad. u shd visit him... and i assure u that u r safe. that way u wd get to meet him n his family and feel free to ask questions even if they would want to tel u what u wanna hear. when u go back to u.s.a just continue with ur life. do not send hm any money yet. let him try getting a job first.... let hm save up then he shd send u half of the xpenses for applying for d visa. then u can look for a visa agent over there thats got a branch in nigeria and foot the bill. anyways am married to a californian lady.she came to nigeria in 2015 n we got married. check me up on fb @ oderinde omotayo tayotrump. n.b: if dat dude was a scam u would have paid him long b4 now cos those boys dnt w8 ths long 4u to pay them even if it would involve using voodoo to compel u to send money to them. chat me up on fb i wd gladly help vet this guy.

2 Likes

Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by Babacele: 12:59pm On Jun 26, 2017
Redgal:

Honestly I'm not a troll. I really was seeking advice from people who might know better than me because they know about Nigeria and Nigerians. I don't seek attention. You got it wrong.
oh my bad then! .......but on a serious note, a lot of Americans get married to Nigerians and are happy for it. Who knows where love would find us especially with the advent of the internet? Your concerns are genuine and it is important to get it right from the start to avoid the scorch of bad romance. ....have had a share mine here on NL and so know how it feels.
I think connectpoint has some nice tips you could use, and ll sure make more available to you as soon as I can. Loverboy could be genuine though , so while not parting with a dime yet, don't take no rash decision yet based on everything you have read here Redgal.
Yep when you go through 3rd parties , Visa cost could be as high as $2,000 which may not be what the US govt stipulates.Have you used the App True Caller or any kindred App to ascertain who he claims he is? cheers.

1 Like

Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by monlawal(m): 12:59pm On Jun 26, 2017
Sister if that is your opinion about me, keep it up. Good for you.
Nina4u:
hes backing up a yahoo brodda.. Lol
Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by bencarson007(m): 1:13pm On Jun 26, 2017
connectpoint:

Respect brov... while we must be objective we also can't permit lazy arses rip people off..

Yes bro... #Respects
Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by KosiGee(m): 1:15pm On Jun 26, 2017
Nina4u:
nkwu kee? it can mean association ? Something like you came to my assistent.. Lol

Nkwu can mean 'brew', beer, drink. I meant I got loads of drink in my fridge.

1 Like

Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by Redgal(f): 1:21pm On Jun 26, 2017
bencarson007:

We are tired of Nigerians always getting a bad name due to the ineptitude of just a few... I can help you check the dude out at NO COST if you let me because I don't want anyone to give my country a bad name like Nina4U was painting for you.
We are good people
Not minding some stupid few
Follow your heart but take your sense with you.
Let me know if you want me to find out about him for you
#Blessings lady
Thanks for offering your assistance and for your suggestion.
Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jun 26, 2017
Redgal:

I hear you smiley..I would really love to visit Nigeria and Ghana one day though just not under these circumstances. Hopefully I can visit with a family member or something.
We would love to have you come. Nigeria has an amazing diversity of cultures and we are perhaps one of the most ressilient folks on earth.
And I never talk about the pidgin.
Sure we have issues but believe me we have good sides too.

Really, once we get our act together, don't be surprised if we start eclipsing others.
Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by bencarson007(m): 1:29pm On Jun 26, 2017
alexialin:

Its not trash, we all know the guy is a scammer .

Most Nigerians guys can act love for Africa but deep down its all wash !

Always looking for the next Maye .

Op ! Listen to your instincts o!

Abort mission !

Please I take God beg you! Abort mission!

Like someone said , let him foot his bills if he's serious !

Even we Nija girls are even fedup and are thinking of marrying whites grin

Single mothers are Increasing by dozens due to Nigerian guys fleeing away from their responsibilities..

I bet , if u are regular on this site ,u wil see either abandoned new borns on streets or even bushes or new babies ripped apart by his or her parents or parents.

Its not our wish to stain the image of our own but unfortunately that's how most of them are!

Pls abort mission !

The guy might or might not be a scammer... But stop making it look like Nigeria is a bad place or filled with bad people...
Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jun 26, 2017
Redgal:

I hear you smiley..I would really love to visit Nigeria and Ghana one day though just not under these circumstances. Hopefully I can visit with a family member or something.

Nigeria is acountry of good and bad people. While we strive to create a better image for ourselves and build a nation that is purposeful and one of liberty and lofty heights. Please do not come to Nigeria for now. This is not the best of times even if the circumstanceswere different. Nigeria will be a hub forpeople from all across the world in the future, but for now. On my knees, i'm pleading please stay away. The conomic strain is pushing people to do unusual things and your safety isn't guaranteed. Unless youre black and can blend in easily, stay away. There's nothing for you on this side of the world. The beauty of Nigeria is its people. If you have Nigerians around you there. Then you have all you need. Don't come here.... I told you hun...
Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by bencarson007(m): 1:31pm On Jun 26, 2017
Redgal:

Thanks for offering your assistance and for your suggestion.

#Respects and welcome
Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jun 26, 2017
bencarson007:

The guy might or might not be a scammer... But stop making it look like Nigeria is a bad place or filled with bad people...

Go to hell dimwit. And from where dd you see me color anyone bad.. Go get some education to become more enlightened cause obviously you can't reach intelligent conclusion even when the chips are laid bare...
Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jun 26, 2017
bencarson007:

Majority of bad outnumbers the good ones

And thats the fucvking truth !

And when it comes to matters of the heart ,its either u are good or bad .. No need to base love on probability or give avenue for doubts orelse the end story is always filled with heart wrenching tears and pain.

2 Likes

Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by Redgal(f): 1:35pm On Jun 26, 2017
connectpoint:

Nigeria is acountry of good and bad people. While we strive to create a better image for ourselves and build a nation that is purposeful and one of liberty and lofty heights. Please do not come to Nigeria for now. This is not the best of times even if the circumstanceswere different. Nigeria will be a hub forpeople from all across the world in the future, but for now. On my knees, i'm pleading please stay away. The conomic strain is pushing people to do unusual things and your safety isn't guaranteed. Unless youre black and can blend in easily, stay away. There's nothing for you on this side of the world. The beauty of Nigeria is its people. If you have Nigerians around you there. Then you have all you need. Don't come here.... I told you hun...
I am black. I will heed your warning though Lol.
Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by bencarson007(m): 1:39pm On Jun 26, 2017
connectpoint:

Go to hell dimwit. And from where dd you see me color anyone bad.. Go get some education to become more enlightened cause obviously you can't reach intelligent conclusion even when the chips are laid bare...

Sorry it was an error... It was one guy that was annoying me on this thread... No vex
Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jun 26, 2017
Redgal:

Please do...The street ain't jokin thesedays..the hustle is real
Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jun 26, 2017
Redgal:

I'mma give you an example. My homeboi was dating a white lady who was head of her department in home land security. His fellow countrymen got envious told her he was using him for just obtaining green card ( gullibly she believed and broke the engagement ), i've got tons of stuvs like this..Meanwhile this guy is a far better man than me. The best gentleman i've ever met. Anyways after two years, he found another lady he got married...The other lady that broke up with him is still single five years later.. grin..So at times, we need to experience things for ourselves and reach rational decisions after careful examination of facts and going through them thoroughly rather than act spontaneously...What we withhold diminishes, what we let go at times can be lost at times would yield an increase ( even in financial terms, but it love, sacrifice is often required, but when the party that feels has more is unwilling o let go off some cheers temporarily, then with time, it still declines and what could have been gained is lost forever...My two cents...)..Best of luck in finding love mam

1 Like

Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jun 26, 2017
bencarson007:

Sorry it was an error... It was one guy that was annoying me on this thread... No vex

Don't rub it in bro, it's okay..my apologies to you too for my comments
Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by slinkman(m): 1:51pm On Jun 26, 2017
connectpoint:

oh, never mind
Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jun 26, 2017
Since you guys are glued to this thread..I'm a jella fan.. Does anyone know if NBC has resumed work on Blindspot Season 3 ?
Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jun 26, 2017
slinkman:
seun, mynd44

easy off my case amigo
Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by slinkman(m): 1:54pm On Jun 26, 2017
connectpoint:

easy off my case amigo
nothing to worry about bro, thought you were one of those badmouthing the Entity Nigeria. Sorry for the case amigo
Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jun 26, 2017
slinkman:
nothing to worry about bro, thought you were one of those badmouthing the Entity Nigeria. Sorry for the case amigo

No "pL"oblem o
Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by slinkman(m): 1:57pm On Jun 26, 2017
slinkman:
If it's your first time traveling out of Nigeria , yes it costs up to if not more than 2000 usd. Nigerians are always full of hate and never give one a benefit of doubt, we all know how strict these agencies can be , especially when the only reason the guy would give them is that he is processing his visa so he can travel and meet the woman he wants to marry having met her online. Trust me these agency officials will ask for all sort of bribe from the guy , leaving the poor dude helpless. It would be better the OP (Redgal) visits the guy but use Ghana as a meeting place. Ghana is very safe though. If the guy doesn't agree to that or comes up with reasons then just block him instantly because then you are sure he is fraud and is just after that money.. don't take advice from this website, it has ruined many relationships in a very negetive way.. you are a human, and we humans can find out if someone is indeed trying to scam us having learnt all this, you know ways you can test him... I am giving the guy a benefit of doubt because it is stupid advising one to end it all having invested 9 months of his life, when I am yet to see anything wrong in what he has said so far.. 2000Usd is 630,500.00 Nigerian Naira, tell me if this cash is even enough to fly this guy out of Nigeria to the USA for a first time with other documents.. those saying visa is about 150usd, 150usd is about 47,287.50 Nigerian Naira, this money is not even enough to take one to GHANa, talk more of USA for a first time.. you can check the travel section of this Website and see how much those traveling out have had to spend. It is easier after the first time and that is when those prices the agencies put up on there website start to reflect (speaking from experience and not guessing one bit).. I am not in anyway killing of the scam story, I am only saying the guy in question have not in anyway proven to be as bad as everyone is painting him to be. He has only commuted 3 crimes here to me , (1), being Nigerian, (2) Finding his relationship online. (3) asking for money, which you said he said it wouldn't be that expensive if you would agree to come down and prove to the agency that he on his part is genuinely traveling to meet you.. I still have benefits of doubt for this guy. No scammer, reaveals his identity to a victim, no scammer uses there real information, no scammer agrees to meet, no scammer video calls, no scammer tells you he is Nigerian and has a kid, despite knowing that this is a heavy turn off for the western world.. this guy has only but been truthful to you, and yes he is poor, and he made it clear he was that..

Nina4u might even be the one dating the scammer and is here dancing around and celebrating a marriage she is yet to even have.. which Nigerian man asks and offers if he will pay for your flight down? Lol, a genuine Nigerian man doesn't ask his fiancée if he should pay, he does that or tells you he has already or is about to do that, since he is wealthy.. those Rich ones are actually the ones that do the most damage... O.P (redgal), give your guy a benefit of doubt if you indeed love him from the start.. be sure , before taking any decision, that includes, sending money
for those that missed it .

1 Like

Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by femo86(m): 1:57pm On Jun 26, 2017
bencarson007:

Stop saying trash... What wrong with her coming over if she has the means?
We can only give her safe advice not badmouth her and say don't ever come here as if here is hell... If she change mind now say she want to see you instead, you no go start to jump dey form legit ?
Bros, love is sacrifice on both sides...

Whip your mouth....cos you are the one saying trash....

If she's your sister, will you advise her to travel down to Nigeria....?

For your info, I'm very much ok where I am and will gladly reject her offer, and not like a frustrated fellow like you

Redgal, you better stay where you are and let him hustle his way to come over....

1 Like

Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by slinkman(m): 1:58pm On Jun 26, 2017
connectpoint:

easy off my case amigo
edit your post were they were mentioned, so it doesn't attract them here and ban you.
Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by obataokenwa(m): 2:04pm On Jun 26, 2017
Redgal:

@Nina4U
Thank you. I would be cautious to travel within the U.S. much less a country I have never been to. I also showed him that site you sent in the screenshot but he said you can't believe everything on the internet. He said its not easy to get a Visa to the U.S. through that way. He says you have to pay money to an agent to get it expedited. He says Nigeria is corrupt. What does your Nigerian friends say. Is it really that hard to get a Visa to the U.S. or even a visiting visa to the U.K.?
To get visa to US is very hard... sincerely there are agents doing it for people by arranging the documents required for it and they charge 500,000naira which is about $1500. He may be willing to come over but how are you sure she loves you and will marry you when he comes over. They're many ways you can test his genuinty. There are many Nigerians over there... get a friend you know over there to connect you to any of their relations here they trust and hand over the money to the person and let the person follow the procedure up after they've confirmed this your friend as genuine by meeting him in person. Mind you also, the agents don't collect money till the visa comes out. so, if the visa comes out after the process I believe is the right time to pay the agent.... by then, you have genuinely confirmed the visa through your friends siblings over here...that should be the right time to send money. He's only required to pay visa fee which is about $200. I can brief u more Incase.
Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by femo86(m): 2:04pm On Jun 26, 2017
Someone said I was saying trash cos I advised Redgal not to come over....

I knew they will come after me...

Young Lady, you better stay where you are....I dey tell you now... Yes, love is real but know that love is also deceitful.

I don't have your time that mumu guy saying I was spewing trash...You think say I dey frustrated like you....Sorry oooo...It is well with you

2 Likes

Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by bencarson007(m): 4:47pm On Jun 26, 2017
femo86:

Whip your mouth....cos you are the one saying trash....

If she's your sister, will you advise her to travel down to Nigeria....?

For your info, I'm very much ok where I am and will gladly reject her offer, and not like a frustrated fellow like you

Redgal, you better stay where you are and let him hustle his way to come over....

Kids
You people never learn
I never told her to come down idiot
I told the monkey in you to stop painting Nigeria in bad light
Stop being stupid

1 Like

Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by femo86(m): 4:58pm On Jun 26, 2017
bencarson007:

Kids
You people never learn
Stop being stupid

Fool at old age.
Go back to my first post on this issue and indicate where I painted Naija in bad light.
Seems you are frustrated...slowpoke
Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by femo86(m): 5:01pm On Jun 26, 2017
bencarson007:

Kids
You people never learn
Stop being stupid
Quote me
Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by Sapiosexuality(m): 5:05pm On Jun 26, 2017
Jaqenhghar:

What I find very annoying is those who support the cheats and we do a lot of that here. See those encouraging her to continue as if it were their sisters they will be that supportive. I agree with you she might still fall for the guy. Her heart seems to be in it. A pity? some of life's lessons are best learnt the hard way
Exactly. And when she falls for the crook she goes online to add her voice to those who call Nigerians scammers. It's a pity.

1 Like

Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by bencarson007(m): 5:06pm On Jun 26, 2017
femo86:

and this was my first post.....copied

The said guy could be here on NL reading and praying his hearts out....

Redgal........Just be cautious.....He should foot the bill if he is actually serious,
forget those stories that he's out of job, blah blah....If he really wanna see you,
let him sacrifice something.

And do not think of coming over...I repeat, do not think of coming over. It's your choice. I'm out

So...Slowpoke where did I paint Nigeria red Mumu..

And do not think of coming over...I repeat, do not think of coming over. It's your choice. I'm out

It takes a strong heart to accept mistakes. Sorry bro I accidentally read you out of context
No vex na
Naim make you dey shout eh?
Oya come take one beer
Some people really said some bad stuff about Nigeria today so I shared the anger accidentally...
No vex

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

9 Things That Can Break A Condom During Sex [MUST READ] / When A Girl Loves You She Will Do This Things No Matter How She Pretend / Why Nigerian Men Marry European Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.