Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,949 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online (16484 Views)

Lady Who Met Man On Facebook Visits Him, Refuses To Go Back Home. See Reactions / I Want To Be Remembered For Having World’s Biggest Hips - American Woman / How To Meet The Right Man Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by Jaqenhghar: 10:55am On Jun 26, 2017
Redgal:

I hear you. I will end it but extend friendship to him. I won't be sending no $2000 US or whatever amount that's for sure. I think it's time I move on from this "relationship". Thanks very much to everyone who has offered their advice. I took it into consideration.
You wont regret this decision. Better safe tham sorry. Id suggest you cut off the friendship completely.
Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by Nobody: 10:57am On Jun 26, 2017
Redgal:

Lol Thanks

U are welcome .
Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by Nobody: 10:57am On Jun 26, 2017
Redgal:

He told me he lost his job. He has one child, a teenager. He says he's never been married. The child's mother is not alive according to him.

My dearie.We Africans like to pull each other down, don't trust many of the negative counsel you get here... why not follow your heart? There lies the truth...If he's a fake you lose well some $$, but if the reverse is the case? Why not take your time to look into the details cause as they say the devil is in the details. Then dearie look into your own soul. Meditate ad think things through..Why coming to Nigeria may seem scary, lots of Americans are comfortable visiting Ghana..It would cost him around $500 to conviently jump in and out of Ghana and you can make your verification. Be careful taking counsel from we Africans, we are fond of pulling one another down. I don't say there aren't cheats however as a minister the truth i owe to you, that the answer is in your very own soul and at times in life, it's better to experience things for yourself than allow yourself dictated to...

Bless you and goodluck in your quest

1 Like

Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by Redgal(f): 10:58am On Jun 26, 2017
Kellibae:

Ok
But just be careful with him.. he is displaying some treats of a scammer.

But that doesnt make all nigerian men bad..there ar many good nigerian men over here who ar very loving and caring. And ready to sacrifice for u.
If u get that type of nigeian man the u a lucky woman..
My couisn just brough back hope a filipino last month and d lady said she aint going back, LOL
That she gonna stay here because of the loads of love she recieving from us.
What a lovely woman she is.

Lol Thanks for your input.
Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by bencarson007(m): 11:01am On Jun 26, 2017
Kellibae:

OMG.. Come and take a kiss kiss

Nne, thanks for the kiss jare... You just cool my temper now if not my vex fit roast corn sef... How could anybody that could just afford to buy a little data just insult us at will even without being here or seeing or living with us eh ?
Its comment like hers that make these saint onyibos always look at us as sinners...
BTW, the first day my elder brother landed in Houston, some dimwit stole his bags and certificate and the little cash he had with him... We could only recover the certificates but all other stuff were lost for good... Good and bad are everywhere but I am happy and proud being a Nigerian.

#Blessings Kellibae
#Respects

2 Likes

Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by Jaqenhghar: 11:01am On Jun 26, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
Don't send that money, he's obviously a scammer. He is a thief. Don't come back here or anywhere and start telling everyone how all Nigerians are bad. I've warned you. He's a scammer. We know this tricks. The African Prince story no longer sells so they try this one.

I don't know what's the matter with you women abroad. Is it that there's no men around you that you have to choose a person you've not seen before? 2000$ and all that? His cousins girlfriend, his father, his mother, etc, is a lie. These are just colleagues in the game. You guys piss me off whenever this thing happens.
Redgal you better listen to this Gee.This is the best advice you will ever get here.
@Sapiosexuality: Well done bro. I have seen where the guy marries a foreign babe just for the papers and his parents and folks know what he is up to and support it 100%

2 Likes

Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by Nobody: 11:01am On Jun 26, 2017
Nigerians. You people are evil sadists. GP all of una.
Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by Sapiosexuality(m): 11:21am On Jun 26, 2017
Jaqenhghar:

Regal you better listen to this Gee.This is the best advice you will ever get here.
@Sapiosexuality: Well done bro. I have seen where the guy marries a foreign babe just for the papers and his parents and folks know what he is up to and support it 100%
It's very annoying. I hate to see people cheated. It annoys me more when they keep falling for same tricks over and aver again. What these guys do is simple. They hit the emotional spot of these women and they lose control. I won't be surprised if she still sends the money.

These Yahoo things piss me off. It's very annoying to see someone claiming smartness when he destroys people's lives. It's very annoying the way we handle them here. These guys are murderers. I won't be surprised if she still falls. She's not in a healthy emotional state to see the scam. Last year, it was over 100 million Euros these Yahoo boys stole from Europe alone.

2 Likes

Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by Nobody: 11:24am On Jun 26, 2017
Redgal:

If processing the Visa can be as costly as $2000 as you said then why do some people on here seem shocked by that price and say it sounds like a scam ?

My dear it costs $2000 to process Visa to Europe.. This is without BTA, tickets and personal expenses..be careful taking counsel from anyone with dark color. A significant majority hate each other even without seeing one another, hence all counsel stems from this hatred...follow your heart..But most people on dating sites are 98% fraudsters... ask for a webcam chat for prolonged sessions ( this way he doesn't get someone to do it )
Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by Nobody: 11:30am On Jun 26, 2017
OrestesDante:
[s]Duping... Loading....
He wants to dupe the oyinbo ni.
Send money and forget it.

Goan check the guy very well he must be a Developer[/s]

You are an idiot.
Go and google the Most wanted Nigerians in the United states and those in Malaysia, then come back here to rant Sh1t here. Always born to denigrate a tribe.
Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by Nobody: 11:42am On Jun 26, 2017
gimakon:

You are an idiot.
Go and google the Most wanted Nigerians in the United states and those in Malaysia, then come back here to rant Sh1t here. Always born to denigrate a tribe.

You can say whatever you want but don't call me an Idiot again. Pls.
Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by Redgal(f): 11:44am On Jun 26, 2017
connectpoint:

My dear it costs $2000 to process Visa to Europe.. This is without BTA, tickets and personal expenses..be careful taking counsel from anyone with dark color. A significant majority hate each other even without seeing one another, hence all counsel stems from this hatred...follow your heart..But most people on dating sites are 98% fraudsters... ask for a webcam chat for prolonged sessions ( this way he doesn't get someone to do it )
Does it really cost that much? I'm skeptical considering the cost I see online and what these people are saying here. I can't write off their opinions just because they are "dark color" as you put it. I feel he has to make up his mind to come up with the amount of money if he truly does want to be with me even if it cost that amount. As someone else on this forum says if some folks there can do it why can't he. Thanks for your comment though.
Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by Jaqenhghar: 11:48am On Jun 26, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
It's very annoying. I hate to see people cheated. It annoys me more when they keep falling for same tricks over and aver again. What these guys do is simple. They hit the emotional spot of these women and they lose control. I won't be surprised if she still sends the money.

These Yahoo things piss me off. It's very annoying to see someone claiming smartness when he destroys people's lives. It's very annoying the way we handle them here. These guys are murderers. I won't be surprised if she still falls. She's not in a healthy emotional state to see the scam. Last year, it was over 100 million Euros these Yahoo boys stole from Europe alone.
What I find very annoying is those who support the cheats and we do a lot of that here. See those encouraging her to continue as if it were their sisters they will be that supportive. I agree with you she might still fall for the guy. Her heart seems to be in it. A pity? some of life's lessons are best learnt the hard way

1 Like

Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by Princeboca12(m): 11:48am On Jun 26, 2017
Redgal:
Hi I'm an woman living in America. I met a Nigerian man online on a dating site. I don't usually do long distance relationship not even in the U.S. but I decided to exchange numbers with this man and we communicate mainly through What's App. I have been communicating with him for about 9 months now. He professed his love for me early. Which I was suspicious about but after talking to him for a while I believe he is probably genuine. He wants me to come over to Nigeria to visit him. He said it would be easy that way for me to come over to meet him and his family. Then when I go back it would be easy for him to get to the U.S. so he can be with me. He said he's not using me to get papers he genuinely loves me he says. I don't feel comfortable travelling to Nigeria by myself and having to rely on him for safety. I have asked him instead of me meeting him there maybe we could meet in a neutral country in Europe and a family member would go with me. He said its not easy to get a visiting visa to Europe. Is this true? He also says Nigeria is very corrupt and you have to pay a good amount of money to get Visa processed. Also he asked me to help him to get $2000 U.S. to pay the agent who will be working on him getting visa to U.S. I told him I might consider paying a part of that but he would have to come up with the rest. I wanted to test his sincerity. I'm asking anyone with good insight for their advice on this situation. Would you advise me to travel to Nigeria as a woman who doesn't know anyone except this man in that country? I'm a little apprehensive but at the same time I would like to meet him. Also do you think its wise for me to help him with the money for the visa? He said any money I lend him he will work hard to pay me back once he gets to the U.S.A. He said he recently lost his job and has little money.

Babe go and download this song Yahoozee by OLu Maintain
Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by femo86(m): 11:49am On Jun 26, 2017
The said guy could be here on NL reading and praying his hearts out....

Redgal........Just be cautious.....He should foot the bill if he is actually serious,
forget those stories that he's out of job, blah blah....If he really wanna see you,
let him sacrifice something.

And do not think of coming over...I repeat, do not think of coming over. It's your choice. I'm out

2 Likes

Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by Nina4u(f): 11:49am On Jun 26, 2017
Redgal:

Does it really cost that much? I'm skeptical considering the cost I see online and what these people are saying here. I can't write off their opinions just because they are "dark color" as you put it. I feel he has to make up his mind to come up with the amount of money if he truly does want to be with me even if it cost that amount. As someone else on this forum says if some folks there can do it why can't he. Thanks for your comment though.
don't lissen to this guy.. If ur gut tells u something ur probably right.. U already answered ur question.. Visa is not 2000 ..its 160-260 dollar
Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by Nobody: 11:52am On Jun 26, 2017
Redgal:

Okay do this.

1. Ask for a voice call ..

2. Recognize the voice or make a recording

3. After two days ask for a webcam chat.. tell him by all means you need this..

4. The voice must match the face

5.Yes it costs $2,000 to secure an European visa. Most of the 17-20 year olds posting may not know or deny this

6. You are have him investigated before investing emotions...don't post the profile publicly, send it privately to about 2 Nigerians you feel are reliable.

7. Call the number with another number or chat with a different number than the one he knows you with

8. Ask to meet in third party country like Ghana

9. Ask for social media handle like Facebook etc..

10. Tell him your uncle has a vacancy in his firm, you are excited to meet and that he should send you his CV so that you can secure a job pending his arrival.I'm sure if he can meeet all this terms he's legit. If not, run baby. run

1 Like

Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by Nobody: 11:54am On Jun 26, 2017
Nina4u:
don't lissen to this guy.. If ur gut tells u something ur probably right.. U already answered ur question.. Visa is not 2000 ..its 160-260 dollar

My dear visa costs $160-$200 when the applicant has all requirements which a significant amount of people do not have...Hence the use of third parties that sees pricing soar to about $2,000 ( this takes care of documents, bank statements etc ) I know this. I'm not wrong..

2 Likes

Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by crixlight2(m): 11:56am On Jun 26, 2017
ba7man:
You're another potential victim of a Nigerian based scam.

Block the dude off ASAP or get ready to look back at this warning wishing you had listened.

I know my people very well, he's somewhere probably celebrating his new American "maga".....You.

Smh see the way you spoiling the guy biz

1 Like

Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by bencarson007(m): 12:02pm On Jun 26, 2017
Redgal:
Hi I'm an woman living in America. I met a Nigerian man online on a dating site. I don't usually do long distance relationship not even in the U.S. but I decided to exchange numbers with this man and we communicate mainly through What's App. I have been communicating with him for about 9 months now. He professed his love for me early. Which I was suspicious about but after talking to him for a while I believe he is probably genuine. He wants me to come over to Nigeria to visit him. He said it would be easy that way for me to come over to meet him and his family. Then when I go back it would be easy for him to get to the U.S. so he can be with me. He said he's not using me to get papers he genuinely loves me he says. I don't feel comfortable travelling to Nigeria by myself and having to rely on him for safety. I have asked him instead of me meeting him there maybe we could meet in a neutral country in Europe and a family member would go with me. He said its not easy to get a visiting visa to Europe. Is this true? He also says Nigeria is very corrupt and you have to pay a good amount of money to get Visa processed. Also he asked me to help him to get $2000 U.S. to pay the agent who will be working on him getting visa to U.S. I told him I might consider paying a part of that but he would have to come up with the rest. I wanted to test his sincerity. I'm asking anyone with good insight for their advice on this situation. Would you advise me to travel to Nigeria as a woman who doesn't know anyone except this man in that country? I'm a little apprehensive but at the same time I would like to meet him. Also do you think its wise for me to help him with the money for the visa? He said any money I lend him he will work hard to pay me back once he gets to the U.S.A. He said he recently lost his job and has little money.

We are tired of Nigerians always getting a bad name due to the ineptitude of just a few... I can help you check the dude out at NO COST if you let me because I don't want anyone to give my country a bad name like Nina4U was painting for you.
We are good people
Not minding some stupid few
Follow your heart but take your sense with you.
Let me know if you want me to find out about him for you
#Blessings lady
Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by Chimaritoponcho: 12:07pm On Jun 26, 2017
Redgal:
Please can you kindly help me with the site? What's the website
Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by bencarson007(m): 12:07pm On Jun 26, 2017
connectpoint:

Okay do this.

5.Yes it costs $2,000 to secure an European visa. Most of the 17-20 year olds posting may not know or deny this

6. You are have him investigated before investing emotions...don't post the profile publicly, send it privately to about 2 Nigerians you feel are reliable.

7. Call the number with another number or chat with a different number than the one he knows you with

10. Tell him your uncle has a vacancy in his firm, you are excited to meet and that he should send you his CV so that you can secure a job pending his arrival.I'm sure if he can meeet all this terms he's legit. If not, run baby. run

OMG
Whoever you are, you are the best... Your comment reeks of intelligence and may blessings follow you... Not like some partial dimwits here...
#Respects
Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jun 26, 2017
bencarson007:

OMG
Whoever you are, you are the best... Your comment reeks of intelligence and may blessings follow you... Not like some partial dimwits here...
#Respects

Respect brov... while we must be objective we also can't permit lazy arses rip people off..
Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by Redgal(f): 12:21pm On Jun 26, 2017
connectpoint:

Okay do this.

I already talk to him by what's app. I've done video and voice calls with him on What's App. Thanks for your other good suggestions though. My gut instincts is saying don't continue with a "relationship" with him. Its too much stress monetarily and otherwise unless he foots the cost.

3 Likes

Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jun 26, 2017
Redgal:

I already talk to him by what's app. I've done video and voice calls with him on What's App. Thanks for your other good suggestions though. My gut instincts is saying don't continue with a "relationship" with him. Its too much stress monetarily and otherwise unless he foots the cost.

Trust your instincts..Even the guys @ GoldmanSachs would always say this... If you've made up your mind follow it.. Never take the counsel of the black colored people serious in future..Never
Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by fernandoc(m): 12:23pm On Jun 26, 2017
Redgal:

I hear you. I will end it but extend friendship to him. I won't be sending no $2000 US or whatever amount that's for sure. I think it's time I move on from this "relationship". Thanks very much to everyone who has offered their advice. I took it into consideration.
What if he is genuine? Then you will never know. Visa is 160usd but you have to 'bribe' your way through agents to get visa especially if you're broke and have no rich sponsor. Have you considered meeting him in Nigeria or Ghana and posting your pictures on your Facebook letting your friends know you're visiting Nigeria for the first time to see him. Then he will bear responsibility if something wrong should happen. Your decision to leave him should be based on facts and not speculations. Nigerians are really good people if you have something good yourself to offer.
Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by Kellibae(f): 12:25pm On Jun 26, 2017
bencarson007:

Nne, thanks for the kiss jare... You just cool my temper now if not my vex fit roast corn sef... How could anybody that could just afford to buy a little data just insult us at will even without being here or seeing or living with us eh ?
Its comment like hers that make these saint onyibos always look at us as sinners...
BTW, the first day my elder brother landed in Houston, some dimwit stole his bags and certificate and the little cash he had with him... We could only recover the certificates but all other stuff were lost for good... Good and bad are everywhere but I am happy and proud being a Nigerian.

#Blessings Kellibae
#Respects
U too dear.. dont mind that hyporictic gal.

1 Like

Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by bencarson007(m): 12:27pm On Jun 26, 2017
femo86:
The said guy could be here on NL reading and praying his hearts out....

Redgal........Just be cautious.....He should foot the bill if he is actually serious,
forget those stories that he's out of job, blah blah....If he really wanna see you,
let him sacrifice something.

And do not think of coming over...I repeat, do not think of coming over. It's your choice. I'm out

Stop saying trash... What wrong with her coming over if she has the means?
We can only give her safe advice not badmouth her and say don't ever come here as if here is hell... If she change mind now say she want to see you instead, you no go start to jump dey form legit ?
Bros, love is sacrifice on both sides...
Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jun 26, 2017
Redgal:

I hear you. I will end it but extend friendship to him. I won't be sending no $2000 US or whatever amount that's for sure. I think it's time I move on from this "relationship". Thanks very much to everyone who has offered their Advice. I took it into consideration.

Nice.
The thing about folks like that is, they play on your soft part too often. How you were considering coming to a country where you have no one to stay with just to meet an online lover beats me honestly...

1 Like

Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jun 26, 2017
bencarson007:

Stop saying trash... What wrong with her coming over if she has the means?
We can only give her safe advice not badmouth her and say don't ever come here as if here is hell... If she change mind now say she want to see you instead, you no go start to jump dey form legit ?
Bros, love is sacrifice on both sides...

Its not trash, we all know the guy is a scammer .

Most Nigerians guys can act love for Africa but deep down its all wash !

Always looking for the next Maye .

Op ! Listen to your instincts o!

Abort mission !

Please I take God beg you! Abort mission!

Like someone said , let him foot his bills if he's serious !

Even we Nija girls are even fedup and are thinking of marrying whites grin

Single mothers are Increasing by dozens due to Nigerian guys fleeing away from their responsibilities..

I bet , if u are regular on this site ,u wil see either abandoned new borns on streets or even bushes or new babies ripped apart by his or her parents or parents.

Its not our wish to stain the image of our own but unfortunately that's how most of them are!

Pls abort mission !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by Redgal(f): 12:53pm On Jun 26, 2017
SirWere:

Nice.
The thing about folks like that is, they play on your soft part too often. How you were considering coming to a country where you have no one to stay with just to meet an online lover beats me honestly...
I hear you smiley..I would really love to visit Nigeria and Ghana one day though just not under these circumstances. Hopefully I can visit with a family member or something.
Re: American Woman Who Met Nigerian Man Online by slinkman(m): 12:54pm On Jun 26, 2017
If it's your first time traveling out of Nigeria , yes it costs up to if not more than 2000 usd. Nigerians are always full of hate and never give one a benefit of doubt, we all know how strict these agencies can be , especially when the only reason the guy would give them is that he is processing his visa so he can travel and meet the woman he wants to marry having met her online. Trust me these agency officials will ask for all sort of bribe from the guy , leaving the poor dude helpless. It would be better the OP (Redgal) visits the guy but use Ghana as a meeting place. Ghana is very safe though. If the guy doesn't agree to that or comes up with reasons then just block him instantly because then you are sure he is fraud and is just after that money.. don't take advice from this website, it has ruined many relationships in a very negetive way.. you are a human, and we humans can find out if someone is indeed trying to scam us having learnt all this, you know ways you can test him... I am giving the guy a benefit of doubt because it is stupid advising one to end it all having invested 9 months of his life, when I am yet to see anything wrong in what he has said so far.. 2000Usd is 630,500.00 Nigerian Naira, tell me if this cash is even enough to fly this guy out of Nigeria to the USA for a first time with other documents.. those saying visa is about 150usd, 150usd is about 47,287.50 Nigerian Naira, this money is not even enough to take one to GHANa, talk more of USA for a first time.. you can check the travel section of this Website and see how much those traveling out have had to spend. It is easier after the first time and that is when those prices the agencies put up on there website start to reflect (speaking from experience and not guessing one bit).. I am not in anyway killing of the scam story, I am only saying the guy in question have not in anyway proven to be as bad as everyone is painting him to be. He has only commuted 3 crimes here to me , (1), being Nigerian, (2) Finding his relationship online. (3) asking for money, which you said he said it wouldn't be that expensive if you would agree to come down and prove to the agency that he on his part is genuinely traveling to meet you.. I still have benefits of doubt for this guy. No scammer, reaveals his identity to a victim, no scammer uses there real information, no scammer agrees to meet, no scammer video calls, no scammer tells you he is Nigerian and has a kid, despite knowing that this is a heavy turn off for the western world.. this guy has only but been truthful to you, and yes he is poor, and he made it clear he was that..

Nina4u might even be the one dating the scammer and is here dancing around and celebrating a marriage she is yet to even have.. which Nigerian man asks and offers if he will pay for your flight down? Lol, a genuine Nigerian man doesn't ask his fiancée if he should pay, he does that or tells you he has already or is about to do that, since he is wealthy.. those Rich ones are actually the ones that do the most damage... O.P (redgal), give your guy a benefit of doubt if you indeed love him from the start.. be sure , before taking any decision, that includes, sending money

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Lady Possed Fully Unclad With Her Boyfriend At A Club (photos) / What You Find Really Annoying In Your Relationship? / Great Love Is Best Not Rushed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.