Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

Because Ojukwu Was Involved. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Because Ojukwu Was Involved. (7715 Views)

Awolowo Asked Ojukwu To Be Open And Forthright . But Ojukwu Was Trying To Do Wuru Wuru Backroom Deals / Ojukwu Was Forced To Defend His People, Says Tinubu / In London, Ojukwu Was Lonely, Dumb – Igwe Nwokedi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Because Ojukwu Was Involved. by mekuszyx: 8:51pm On Feb 07, 2010
1. ''Like Odutola, Louis Ojukwu attained prominence as an astute businessman and one of the first millionaires the country produced.''

2. ''Ojukwu was perhaps, the wealthiest Nigerian of his generation: a multi-millionaire businessman''

No other persons listed on that website was described in such a manner. Now if you believe the story you posted about the Yoruba pioneer rich men, why would you not believe this one? They are from the same website.

More insight below"

''As a transport operator, he was a tireless worker and meticulous to detail; he was usually the first to inspect his transport vehicles for oil and leakages. Apart from his work ethic, his success was also oiled by the economic boom after World War II, working with the West African Railway Company and the newly inaugurated produce boards; he provided his fleet for commodity transportation and for other traders’ use. During the 1950s, he diversified his interest, bought some industries, invested heavily in the real estate sector and became a director in numerous major corporations. He was a member of the board of Nigerian Coal Corporation, Shell Oil D’Archy, and African Continental Bank. Ojukwu was perhaps, the wealthiest Nigerian of his generation: a multi-millionaire businessman, who was chairman of UAC (West Africa), the Nigerian Stock Exchange, director of Shell-BP with vast ownership of investment property in Lagos, Kano, Port-Harcourt, Enugu, Onitsha, among others. He owned controlling shares in many top blue-chip corporations that still operate in Nigeria today. Until his death in 1966, the multi-millionaire remained a titan in the nation’s business community.''

The rest of the rich people then were just local champions in their regions whereas Ojukwu Snr had huge assets all over Nigeria. That is a big difference
Re: Because Ojukwu Was Involved. by Ezenwenyi(m): 8:52pm On Feb 07, 2010
At the mention of Ojukwu non-igbos go to the next dimension of always trying to disrespect him.
Re: Because Ojukwu Was Involved. by mekuszyx: 8:54pm On Feb 07, 2010
Ezenwenyi:

At the mention of Ojukwu non-igbos go to the next dimension,

Because people like you want it so. The last time you created a poll ommitting Obi, an incumbent. Now the same Obi wins the election and you allege that it was because Ojukwu was involved. Did you not know that Obi belongs to a party headed by Ojukwu?
Re: Because Ojukwu Was Involved. by Eziachi: 9:02pm On Feb 07, 2010
Shoot2Kill:

You are an I D I O T for mentioning my father. My father is dead and his legacy lives on .He was a very popular lawyer and he did something in Nigeria that i am sure he is well remembered for(and no i am not talking about Gani or bola Ige). He also contributed to the liberation of Nigeria from the British while your Ojukwu was still a youngster so don’t even go there. Do a research on the Olora of Ekiti and you will know who my father was.

I will always refer to your father and will always go there because you spent your time asking for the legacy of a man who is not your father and not your leader and not related to you in an form or shape and has no idea of your very existence. You are eager now to protect your father so called legacy, though dead but was quite happy to rubbish another person's father or do you think Ojukwu is childless?
forgeting he has sons like you too with your father.  That is what I meant by those that calls their own yam food and refers others as just a tuber.

I have no intention of doing any research of any Olora of Babylon, I am sure you are proud of your father, so am I for my own father, so is Ojukwu son's and daughters too.
Irrespective of whether a our father is a lawyer or selling beef at Jankara market.  Legacy is not based on wearing a white wig before a court judge.
That is what hypocrites does, they spent time talking and rubbishing other people it is a fare game  to them but just a mention of their's for a second, they went up in smoke suddenly with rage.

It was alright for you to insult Ojukwu as past time, but I pacively asked about your own father's legacy, you became irritated. Another man fool is other man's father and hero too, always remember that. That is life. Open a thread and let us discuss your father a bit more. If its alright for Ojukwu, it should be alright for your dead father just like my dead father too.
Come on!! Get it on!
Re: Because Ojukwu Was Involved. by sjeezy8: 9:04pm On Feb 07, 2010
Eziachi:

Unfortunately for you, it is up to Easterners to choose who rules them and not outsiders. Today some of you are showing your true colours. An election is held and result was known within hours and no lose of life, no electoral returning officer running to Abuja to be told who should be the winner after weeks of manipulations, no more imaginary landslide victories with millions of mirage votes and still people like you are not happy.
What do you guys want from us? If we are clothe you are not happy, if we are unclothed you laughed at our unclothedness too.

It seems we can't win with you guys, if the election was marred with violence, people like you can't stop yourself by now parroting your Igbo is divided epistle. But since our  people conducted themselves , now your attention has shifted to melancholy of knowing better  than our people regarding what they want.
This is madness!!

sure w/e unfortunate for you this is Nigeria. and There is no way someone can further himself esp in politics by not reaching across regional lines. Are you in Nigeria now   I doubt it.
Because people like you cant succeed in a country with others who are not from your ethnic group.
Please dont group me with all yorubas because all yorubas are not the same period some are muslim(Gani) some are christian(Obasanjo) some align themselves with southerners(Soyinka) some align themselves with northerners(Bankole) and some align themselves with both apealing to north and south(Fashola).

I said SE not igbo because there are igbos who are making themselves known around Nigeria and not just bigmen in the SE among their own people (which means nothing these days).

Theres no point in conversing with someone who lives in the past. Barack Obama wouldnt have become president if he only appealed to blacks.

@ all other non backward people - its not a thing of dividing but finding a common ground in the current polity Nigeria has. You cant complain that you are being marginalized, when youre purposely holding a wall up to others round you.

AC- Ngige ride on we know you won aside from pdp attempted rigging and APGA sympathy votes for Obi Ojuwku.(the Obi guy campaigned with pictures of ojukwu on his shirt lol) who does that
Re: Because Ojukwu Was Involved. by mekuszyx: 9:04pm On Feb 07, 2010
OluEmperor and others

Ojukwu is somebody's father and grandfather. If you do not want your own fathers insulted, then stop insulting an almost 80-years old man (Ojukwu).
Re: Because Ojukwu Was Involved. by Nobody: 9:06pm On Feb 07, 2010
mekuszyx:

1. ''Like Odutola, Louis Ojukwu attained prominence as an astute businessman and one of the first millionaires the country produced.''

2. ''Ojukwu was perhaps, the wealthiest Nigerian of his generation: a multi-millionaire businessman''

No other persons listed on that website was described in such a manner. Now if you believe the story you posted about the Yoruba pioneer rich men, why would you not believe this one? They are from the same website.
the article said,one of the first millionaires the country produced.does that translate to him being the richest? besides he has a low profile in the leagues of other millionaires
Re: Because Ojukwu Was Involved. by mekuszyx: 9:07pm On Feb 07, 2010
Sjeazy8,

Try as hard as you can, you will not give victory to an AC party in Anambra. You did not vote in Anambra and you are in no position to know who rigged and who did not. Is AC now a party full of saints? So Tinubu, Atiku and Fasola are now saints? How again did Fasola become the gov of Lagos? Please remind us.
Re: Because Ojukwu Was Involved. by mekuszyx: 9:08pm On Feb 07, 2010
~Bluetooth:

the article said,one of the first millionaires the country produced.does that translate to him being the richest? besides he has a low profile in the leagues of other millionaires
And the same article says ''Ojukwu was perhaps, the wealthiest Nigerian of his generation: a multi-millionaire businessman''

What do you mean by low profile? Do you care to explain? Thanks.
Re: Because Ojukwu Was Involved. by olafolarin(m): 9:15pm On Feb 07, 2010
History lessons.so we just learnt that there were indeed millionaires in Nigeria (especially among the Yoruba folk)before ojukwu Snr earned his 1st thousand.so the notion that Ojukwu Snr is the 1st millionaire in Africa is TOTAL FALSE.
However, Obi won the election on merit despite INEC's incompetence.
Ojukwu's support might swing a little vote in his favour but not enough to decide the election.
Obi is a man I admire so much for his fortrightness and that in addition with his outstanding performance definitely endeared him to the mind of the populace.Hence the re-election is success perfect.

On Ekiti,there was violence and unrestricted rigging by PDP because OBJ and YAr'Adua wanted to curtail AC's progress and success in SW.All state machineries were employed to satify the Abuja masters but they completely undermined AC's investigative intelligence.The rigging,ballot box snatching,thuggery and violence was captured/recorded by a pen-sized camera pinned to every AC and infiltrated PDP agents pocket.All these made good and tenable evidence at the ongoing tribunal.
It is just a matter of time before Fayemi will be declared governor and Ekiti can join the league of progressive states after Lagos,Kwara,Anambra,Rivers and Edo states.
PDP must be wiped out of Nigeria's politics and polity for Nigeria to move forward.
Re: Because Ojukwu Was Involved. by Eziachi: 9:15pm On Feb 07, 2010
@MEKUZSYX,

These people do not and will never see anything good out of Igbo race, you are wasting your time with them. They are the same people Fela Kuti described as telling you that white is black and will argue till they die just to polish their hate.

They will always turn electric to candle, if not how can anyone question the authenticity of Sir Louis Odumegwu Ojukwu prowess in business. They did not ask how the queen of England knighted him if he is just a man on the street?

How is the owner of the first indeginous African gold mining company (Dullion Group) in Katanga district in Congo in the 1940s/50s? How he manage to be the first African to own a shipping/ocean liner (Equatorial Pacific).

How he managed to own 15 houses in both Ikoyi and Victoria Island, returned to the family by Lateef Jakande's govt to the family after many court actions in the 80s?

When the queen visited Nigeria in 1950's it was his personal limousine that  ferried the queen about.

How Chief Anyiam Osigwe served him and also became a business icon too. How he managed to became the first African to become a director and later chief executive of Royal Niger company and later UAC?
Re: Because Ojukwu Was Involved. by SEFAGO(m): 9:17pm On Feb 07, 2010
These mannerless omoibo that are all over Nairaland sad

You really do not have the right to personally insult someones father. And its even more stupid when you draw parallels between criticizing a leader and personally insulting someones relations. I know its part of igbo culture to be rude and mannerless, but at least do it amongst yourselves. Eziachi if you want go and slap mekusxyz's father no one is stopping you. However, know that some cultures revere there elders even when we simultaneously criticize them.  

Ikemba ko Ikebe ni

mekuszyx:

And the same article says ''Ojukwu was perhaps, the wealthiest Nigerian of his generation: a multi-millionaire businessman''

What do you mean by low profile? Do you care to explain? Thanks.

I know they didn't teach you english in FUTO or Nsukka but biko, read well now.
Re: Because Ojukwu Was Involved. by Nobody: 9:18pm On Feb 07, 2010
olafolarin:

History lessons.so we just learnt that there were indeed millionaires in Nigeria (especially among the Yoruba folk)before ojukwu Snr earned his 1st thousand.so the notion that Ojukwu Snr is the 1st millionaire in Africa is TOTAL FALSE.
Ojukwu's support might swing a little vote in his favour but not enough to decide the election.
Obi is a man I admire so much for his fortrightness and that in addition with his outstanding performance definitely endeared him to the mind of the populace.Hence the re-election is success perfect.

On Ekiti,there was violence and unrestricted rigging by PDP because OBJ and YAr'Adua wanted to curtail AC's progress and success in SW.All state machineries were employed to satify the Abuja masters but they completely undermined AC's investigative intelligence.The rigging,ballot box snatching,thuggery and violence was captured/recorded by a pen-sized camera pinned to every AC and infiltrated PDP agents pocket.All these made good and tenable evidence at the ongoing tribunal.
It is just a matter of time before Fayemi will be declared governor and Ekiti can join the league of progressive states after Lagos,Kwara,Anambra,Rivers and Edo states.
PDP must be wiped out of Nigeria's politics and polity for Nigeria to move forward.

Ekiti again grin grin grin

Se tipa tipa ni won fi n pe Ekiti ni ori Ojukwu's threads ni?

Oma ga gan o
Re: Because Ojukwu Was Involved. by mekuszyx: 9:19pm On Feb 07, 2010
olafolarin:

1. Who said Ojukwu was the first millionaire in Africa?
2. Who are the nigerians who became millionaires before Ojukwu? Please give dates. Thanks.
Re: Because Ojukwu Was Involved. by MrCrackles(m): 9:20pm On Feb 07, 2010
SEFAGO:

You really do not have the right to personally insult someones father. And its even more silly when you draw parallels between criticizing a leader and personally insulting someones relations. I know its part of igbo culture to be rude and mannerless, but at least do it amongst yourselves. Eziachi if you want go and slap mekusxyz's father no one is stopping you. However, know that some cultures revere there elders even when we simultaneously criticize them.  

Ikemba ko Ikebe ni

I warned the fu/cking retard earlier about it. . . .
By the way Ikemba to Ikebe cracked me up!!! grin
Re: Because Ojukwu Was Involved. by EzeUche(m): 9:22pm On Feb 07, 2010
Whenever someone mention Ojukwu's name, people get upset. Why do you people ridicule this great man who lead our people during our time of need? He will always be our hero and he is a living legend. Anyone who says otherwise can go to hell. angry
Re: Because Ojukwu Was Involved. by mekuszyx: 9:23pm On Feb 07, 2010
SEFAGO:

You really do not have the right to personally insult someones father. And its even more silly when you draw parallels between criticizing a leader and personally insulting someones relations. I know its part of igbo culture to be rude and mannerless, but at least do it amongst yourselves. Eziachi if you want go and slap mekusxyz's father no one is stopping you. However, know that some cultures revere there elders even when we simultaneously criticize them.  

Ikemba ko Ikebe ni

Monkey. You dot not know if Ojukwu is my father, uncle or kinsman. Why do you insult him? The quesion remains, why is Ojukwu described in a different way than the other rich Nigerians of then? Why is the probability (by use of perhaps) not extended to others? Yo claimed your father fought during the war, why not go ask him who was richer between Ojukwu Snr. and the others.u
Re: Because Ojukwu Was Involved. by sjeezy8: 9:23pm On Feb 07, 2010
EzeUche:

Whenever someone mention Ojukwu's name, people get upset. Why do you people ridicule this great man who lead our people during our time of need? He will always be our hero and he is a living legend. Anyone who says otherwise can go to hell. angry

you are soo right when he dies I think all of Nigeria aside from some igbos will feel better. damn that guy is annoying.
Re: Because Ojukwu Was Involved. by Nobody: 9:24pm On Feb 07, 2010
EzeUche:

Whenever someone mention Ojukwu's name, people get upset. Why do you people ridicule this great man who lead our people during our time of need? He will always be our hero and he is a living legend. Anyone who says otherwise can go to hell.  angry
How old is this dude? reminds me of a . . . .

Let my sweetie, Mekusxyz, talk for una. You're humiliating your ppl MORE, sad to say.
Re: Because Ojukwu Was Involved. by EzeUche(m): 9:26pm On Feb 07, 2010
sjeezy8:

you are soo right when he dies I think all of Nigeria aside from some igbos will feel better. damn that guy is annoying.

Do you fear him that much? Remember that the "Igbo question" has not been solved. We are the only ethnic group who can pose a threat to this amalgamation we call Nigeria.

As long as Ojukwu and other Biafran war survivors live among us, they serve as a rallying point for the Ndi Igbo to rise up and throw off the chains.
Re: Because Ojukwu Was Involved. by Eziachi: 9:26pm On Feb 07, 2010
sjeezy8:

That's right, whenever your father decide to die, I am sure that your neighbours should close a street, celebrate and have a ball, probably dance on his grave. How about that for a fair game?
Re: Because Ojukwu Was Involved. by sjeezy8: 9:27pm On Feb 07, 2010
FL Gators:

Let my sweetie, Mekusxyz, talk for una. You're humiliating your ppl MORE, sad to say.

FL baby whats good its basketball season hows the team?

EzeUche:

Do you fear him that much? Remember that the "Igbo question" has not been solved. We are the only ethnic group who can pose a threat to this amalgamation we call Nigeria.

As long as Ojukwu and other Biafran war survivors live among us, they serve as a rallying point for the Ndi Igbo to rise up and throw off the chains.

fear him im trying fuk his wifey son, how can i do that with him alive? you tell me you know igboman no like yoruba guys toasting their babes.

Eziachi:

That's right, whenever your father decide to die, I am sure that your neighbours should close a street, celebrate and have a ball, probably dance on his grave. How about that for a fair game?

I didnt say I would feel better I said other Nigerians so pleasse get your point correct my dad is a cool guy and who has people from all tribes. so when he dies they'll be dancing out of joy for knowing him.
Hausas will come yorubas will come igbos will come akats oyinbo etc- hes very popular
Re: Because Ojukwu Was Involved. by EzeUche(m): 9:28pm On Feb 07, 2010
FL Gators:

Weak Yoruba, maybe you should know your place.
Re: Because Ojukwu Was Involved. by mekuszyx: 9:28pm On Feb 07, 2010
Anyways, people all this one we are blowing na grammar. The important thing be say nobody die for the election unlike our Yoruba states of Ekiti, Oyo, Ogun, Osun, Lagos and Ondo. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Because Ojukwu Was Involved. by EzeUche(m): 9:30pm On Feb 07, 2010
sjeezy8:

FL baby whats good its basketball season hows the team?

fear him im trying fuk his wifey son, how can i do that with him alive? you tell me you know igboman no like yoruba guys toasting their babes.

Leave Lady Bianca out of your stinking mouth. Yorubas always trying to have Igbo women, because your own women are not up to par.
Re: Because Ojukwu Was Involved. by Nobody: 9:31pm On Feb 07, 2010
mekuszyx:

Anyways, people all this one we are blowing na grammar. The important thing be say nobody die for the election unlike our Yoruba states of Ekiti, Oyo, Ogun, Osun, Lagos and Ondo. grin grin grin grin grin grin
kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

EzeUche:

Weak Yoruba, maybe you should know your place.
where is the *shitting* icon? embarassed

@sjeezy
LOL Not into basketball jare. . . .too boring
Re: Because Ojukwu Was Involved. by sjeezy8: 9:32pm On Feb 07, 2010
EzeUche:

Leave Lady Bianca out of your stinking mouth. Yorubas always trying to have Igbo women, because your own women are not up to par.

Yoruba ladies are fine and I like them with all their flaws, bianca I dont want to marry her, just f"" her a lil bit ya know.
Re: Because Ojukwu Was Involved. by SEFAGO(m): 9:33pm On Feb 07, 2010
mekuszyx:

Monkey. You dot not know if Ojukwu is my father, uncle or kinsman. Why do you insult him? The quesion remains, why is Ojukwu described in a different way than the other rich Nigerians of then?

If Ojukwu is your father say it. No worries. If Hitler had children they would be here defending him too undecided

EzeUche:

Lady kini? Who gave her the title lady- all these omona and their titles sef
Re: Because Ojukwu Was Involved. by EzeUche(m): 9:34pm On Feb 07, 2010
sjeezy8:

Yoruba ladies are fine and I like them with all their flaws, bianca I dont want to marry her, just f"" her a lil bit ya know.

Yoruba women are fine? 1 out of 100 are fine. That is the ratio. The only thing a Yoruba woman has is a big posterior.
Re: Because Ojukwu Was Involved. by mekuszyx: 9:34pm On Feb 07, 2010
sjeezy8:

Shut up, Yoruba girls are ugly. Make a list of the most beautiful girl in Nigeria winners. It is like 10 Igbo, 1 Yoruba.
Re: Because Ojukwu Was Involved. by sjeezy8: 9:37pm On Feb 07, 2010
mekuszyx:

Shut up, Yoruba girls are ugly. Make a list of the most beautiful girl in Nigeria winners. It is like 10 Igbo, 1 Yoruba.

EzeUche:

Yoruba women are fine? 1 out of 100 are fine. That is the ratio. The only thing a Yoruba woman has is a big posterior.

you guys are so right after all, I wont marry 10 or 100 yoruba girls- so all i need is to find that one fine yoruba girl.

FL Gators:

@sjeezy
LOL Not into basketball jare. . . .too boring

ahh youre so lucky youre in FL yooo its been snowing like shiot up here
Re: Because Ojukwu Was Involved. by adconline(m): 9:38pm On Feb 07, 2010
sure w/e unfortunate for you this is Nigeria. and There is no way someone can further himself esp in politics by not reaching across regional lines. Are you in Nigeria now   I doubt it.

Maybe you are living in Nigeria that will never be. Awo believed Yoruba nation should come  first before Nigeria. So how come it took some regions in the country 47 yrs to vote for a president who is not of their extraction?

Because people like you cant succeed in a country with others who are not from your ethnic group.  
Please dont group me with all yorubas because all yorubas are not the same period some are muslim(Gani) some are christian(Obasanjo) some align themselves with southerners(Soyinka) some align themselves with northerners(Bankole) and some align themselves with both apealing to north and south(Fashola).

Wish you could  put your mouth where your money is cos it seems you ve got a lot catch up to do cos most Igbos can attest to that. Go live , work and invest in other parts of Naija outside your enclave. Let's put one Naija in action if you truly believe in this your feel good message.

I said SE not igbo because there are igbos who are making themselves known around Nigeria and not just bigmen in the SE among their own people (which means nothing these days).
Your message is?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lagos Prophet Makes Shocking Revelation / What Does 'I Belong To Everybody And I Belong To Nobody' Mean To You? / 2023: Power Is Never Given On A Platter, Osinbajo Tells Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.