Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

Guys, What Is Currently Preventing You From Proposing To Your Partner? - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Guys, What Is Currently Preventing You From Proposing To Your Partner? (30035 Views)

Man Refuses To Kneel While Proposing To Girlfriend / Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks / Man Proposing To His Fiancée Misplaced The Engagement Ring (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guys, What Is Currently Preventing You From Proposing To Your Partner? by mykel25(m): 2:20pm On Aug 02, 2017
Evaberry:

what kind of mindset if you don't mind my asking and no one said anything about love here

U are liking him hence want a relationship... No feelings no potential loving... U just want to chop him n clean mouth ba? Children of nowadays Chai!
Re: Guys, What Is Currently Preventing You From Proposing To Your Partner? by Nobody: 2:26pm On Aug 02, 2017
mykel25:

U are liking him hence want a relationship... No feelings no potential loving... U just want to chop him n clean mouth ba? Children of nowadays Chai!

TF!!!! it's little children that do that nonsense of chopping and cleaning mouth. do u know what love is?
love is not something you feel after 2 weeks of knowing someone, the word love gets abused alot by people. from likeness comes love you just can't start screaming love up and down anyhow.
Re: Guys, What Is Currently Preventing You From Proposing To Your Partner? by Sleekydee(m): 2:40pm On Aug 02, 2017
[quote author=girl4rmspace post=59059390][/quote]
all the boss lady, i greet u....oya i no mind oh
Re: Guys, What Is Currently Preventing You From Proposing To Your Partner? by mykel25(m): 3:03pm On Aug 02, 2017
Evaberry:

TF!!!! it's little children that do that nonsense of chopping and cleaning mouth. do u know what love is?
love is not something you feel after 2 weeks of knowing someone, the word love gets abused alot by people. from likeness comes love you just can't start screaming love up and down anyhow.

Yea I know what love is...i know it grows with time,communication n commitment ..... Buh d topic is about marriage proposal..... as the word proposal in relationship insinuate marriage proposal in this part of the world.... So m beginning to imagine d kinda proposal Ure scared to propose cuz u really like him....cud it be marriage or dating.... I love your understanding of love only few know d true instance of love
Re: Guys, What Is Currently Preventing You From Proposing To Your Partner? by Martin0(m): 3:43pm On Aug 02, 2017
Evaberry:

I will appreciate if you can actually explain to me what love might be all about coz I might be a novice to thatgrin

But hay I proposed to you last night and u ignored ok ooo
Re: Guys, What Is Currently Preventing You From Proposing To Your Partner? by blustone(m): 3:45pm On Aug 02, 2017
kizyalex10:
The truth about this is that,like me nd most men,proposing to a girl is like tying her down,no matter hw u love d girl,it's nt good to tie her down,when u re nt financial stable to take her to alter yet.because if u tie her down,nd when d money comes nd she is no longer ur choice,then it's bad because she must have by then drove men who came within dat period away because she hoped on u.so is better a woman disappoint men than men disappoint women,cos women have a marriage lifespan,unlike men.there will be a age a woman will reach,she won't even be selective again,all she want to knw if the man is still breathing,if yes,then she don't see anytin wrong in marrying him,unlike d male counterpart,who can marry a teen even @ 60.for me my own case is complicated,i am comfortable,but am a bit below of what is required I assume,to make my girl I love so much my wife,she is a pharmacist nd from a more than average home.now I can't propose to her yet because tying a woman down without knowing hw soon I will be comfortable enough(financially)to take her to alter,want to stabilise my business bfor taking dat step,if she is still available then,i will knw she is truely for me.but if she is nt,d search continues

I think you shld still inform her about ur intention & plans.
The worst that can happen is a NO.
Some ladies can see the future, by knowing how serious a guy can be.
Having her as a friend, close friend, can even help to project u better in life.
Some good ladies can advise well too.

I just dey waka pass...
Re: Guys, What Is Currently Preventing You From Proposing To Your Partner? by kizyalex10(m): 4:39pm On Aug 02, 2017
blustone:

I think you shld still inform her about ur intention & plans.
The worst that can happen is a NO.
Some ladies can see the future, by knowing how serious a guy can be.
Having her as a friend, close friend, can even help to project u better in life.
Some good ladies can advise well too.

I just dey waka pass...
have done that,she is d only girl dat I ever introduced to my late mum,she speaks with her often,i jst backslided because I dnt wanna keep her hope high nd later crash it,if somehw miracle happens today in my business as I want it to stabilise,she is my first plan.marriage,i had a lot of set bcks nd it drew me bck.mum's burial,imported some clothes nd it was a total loss,infact too numerous to mention,so I had to withdraw so as to keep her chance open,if God says she is mine,she will.in as much as I want to settle with her,i don't want to be selfish abt it.datz why,nd I told her that

1 Like

Re: Guys, What Is Currently Preventing You From Proposing To Your Partner? by BrainBox076(f): 5:48pm On Aug 02, 2017
Lol
Re: Guys, What Is Currently Preventing You From Proposing To Your Partner? by Bammzzie(m): 6:02pm On Aug 02, 2017
hisMrs:
uncle please what does this mean? she has to give u a sign before u propose?
Yes o cos it may lead to crash if I'm nt careful wink

1 Like

Re: Guys, What Is Currently Preventing You From Proposing To Your Partner? by chiboy429(m): 6:07pm On Aug 02, 2017
This one that i dont even have who to propose to where will i start.
Re: Guys, What Is Currently Preventing You From Proposing To Your Partner? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Aug 02, 2017
chiboy429:
This one that i dont even have who to propose to where will i start.
Start from d Top
Re: Guys, What Is Currently Preventing You From Proposing To Your Partner? by hisMrs(f): 6:31pm On Aug 02, 2017
Bammzzie:
Yes o cos it may lead to crash if I'm nt careful wink
How I go con give my guy greenlight na?
Re: Guys, What Is Currently Preventing You From Proposing To Your Partner? by FunkyAlhaji2015: 6:40pm On Aug 02, 2017
tosyne2much:
I will propose if a bag of rice is reverted back to 8k cool
English has just been murdered. "...revert back"?? How about revert forward lol. There's nothing like "revert back" just revert to... haba bros
Re: Guys, What Is Currently Preventing You From Proposing To Your Partner? by chiboy429(m): 6:40pm On Aug 02, 2017
Nma27:
Start from d Top
Wow you have just given one of the best advices so far. well i would appreciate if you can break it down for more understanding.
Re: Guys, What Is Currently Preventing You From Proposing To Your Partner? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Aug 02, 2017
chiboy429:

Wow you have just given one of the best advices so far. well i would appreciate if you can break it down for more understanding.
Start by being friends, getting to know each other, see if there's any attraction. Then you graduate into dating and from there propose. If you are in your late 30's the process shouldn't take more than 7months.
Re: Guys, What Is Currently Preventing You From Proposing To Your Partner? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Aug 02, 2017
Divay22:

Okay
When are proposing?
propose ke grin
ok wen i see a gud girl cheesy
Re: Guys, What Is Currently Preventing You From Proposing To Your Partner? by chiboy429(m): 6:50pm On Aug 02, 2017
Nma27:
Start by being friends, getting to know each other, see if there's any attraction. Then you graduate into dating and from there propose. If you are in your late 30's the process shouldn't take more than 7months.
What if it happens that the guy involved is career conscious that he rarely have time to meet the female folks for friendship. i think this is me.
Re: Guys, What Is Currently Preventing You From Proposing To Your Partner? by Divay22(f): 6:50pm On Aug 02, 2017
lefulefu:

propose ke grin
ok wen i see a gud girl cheesy
So the one you're with now is not a good girl abi angry angry angryIsokay o
Re: Guys, What Is Currently Preventing You From Proposing To Your Partner? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Aug 02, 2017
chiboy429:

What if it happens that the guy involved is career conscious that he rarely have time to meet the female folks for friendship. i think this is me.
Well, u could ask your relatives to refer a nice lady to you... Weekends should b OK for courting, then u could give her spare key... And d rest will b history.
Re: Guys, What Is Currently Preventing You From Proposing To Your Partner? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Aug 02, 2017
Divay22:

So the one you're with now is not a good girl abi angry angry angryIsokay o
ehn grin
iyam not in a serious relationship o cheesy
serious relationship no be beans o cheesy
not with the serial cheating dat goes on anyway cheesy
person go say he wan call im fiancee for phone.while she dey on phone with the guy ..another go dey knack her frm the back for bed cheesy.one dude told me how he dey kpansh one random babe for im car and while he was drilling her the babe fiancee called her on fone and was telling her how he loved her and the babe replied she loved him too grin grin grin.this one na girl wey her marriage due in a week oo grin.so u see how the commitment tin fit give person heartache.na when u really sure on the type of person u dey wit dats wen u talk of commitment wink.

1 Like

Re: Guys, What Is Currently Preventing You From Proposing To Your Partner? by Lalas247(f): 7:05pm On Aug 02, 2017
Eazybay:

Okay leme tell u.. Statistically the number of clubs, hangouts and bars in densely populated areas over the last decade has tripled/quadrupled!! This has turned majority of our youths to unrepentant hedonists, both male and female. While we all want to have good money, good lives and lovely kids we also want to keep our hedonistic thirst entirely SATED. Hence a lot of youths are viewing d child out of wedlock thing as a perfect solution.

As for me, I believe variety is the spice of life. I dont wanna make no vows yet. Even if I wanted to, money is a factor. The harsh financial climate could get harsher, so why take d risk? My salary would av been kool for a family of 3 (one child) at about 5-10yrs back but now, its a struggle BTW job and biz jes to stay afloat.

PS: If I find someone like lalas247 I wee propose on d first date.grin grin

God help us!!
Is that so cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Guys, What Is Currently Preventing You From Proposing To Your Partner? by Divay22(f): 7:13pm On Aug 02, 2017
lefulefu:

ehn grin
iyam not in a serious relationship o cheesy
serious relationship no be beans o cheesy
not with the serial cheating dat goes on anyway cheesy
person go say he wan call im fiancee for phone.while she dey on phone with the guy ..another go dey knack her frm the back for bed cheesy.one dude told me how he dey kpansh one random babe for im car and while he was drilling her the babe fiancee called her on fone and was telling her how he loved her and the babe replied she loved him too grin grin grin.this one girl wey her marriage due in a week oo grin.so u see how the commitment tin fit give person heartache.na when u really sure on the type of person u dey wit dats wen u talk of commitment wink.
I agree with you though, but yours just might not be the same...
And i hope you see her soon smiley

1 Like

Re: Guys, What Is Currently Preventing You From Proposing To Your Partner? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Aug 02, 2017
Divay22:

I agree with you though, but yours just might not be the same...
And i hope you see her soon smiley
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: Guys, What Is Currently Preventing You From Proposing To Your Partner? by chiboy429(m): 7:20pm On Aug 02, 2017
Nma27:
Well, u could ask your relatives to refer a nice lady to you... Weekends should b OK for courting, then u could give her spare key... And d rest will b history.
How i wish it could be that easy as you said because my major problem is that the nature of my career makes it almost difficult to be stable in a place.I may be in the office and receice a calll that requires me to change location. but i wish to change career but it seems hard for me considering the difficulty of finding a job in naija presently.
Re: Guys, What Is Currently Preventing You From Proposing To Your Partner? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Aug 02, 2017
kiss kiss
girl4rmspace:

Ok I will marry you. Go make the preparations
Re: Guys, What Is Currently Preventing You From Proposing To Your Partner? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Aug 02, 2017
chiboy429:

How i wish it could be that easy as you said because my major problem is that the nature of my career makes it almost difficult to be stable in a place.I may be in the office and receice a calll that requires me to change location. but i wish to change career but it seems hard for me considering the difficulty of finding a job in naija presently.
As long as there's life, there will always b a way.
Re: Guys, What Is Currently Preventing You From Proposing To Your Partner? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Aug 02, 2017
Her mum said I should convert to xtain first
Re: Guys, What Is Currently Preventing You From Proposing To Your Partner? by wtfcoded: 8:49pm On Aug 02, 2017
hisMrs:
propose first na
I have
Re: Guys, What Is Currently Preventing You From Proposing To Your Partner? by Eazybay(m): 10:41pm On Aug 02, 2017
Lalas247:

Is that so cheesy

It is sooooo my dear, dat hour glass shape is enuf to send any dude straight to da altar! gringrin
Re: Guys, What Is Currently Preventing You From Proposing To Your Partner? by austyn0(m): 4:09am On Aug 03, 2017
tosyne2much:
You sef dey laugh ni tongue
e funny nah.grin
Re: Guys, What Is Currently Preventing You From Proposing To Your Partner? by Lalas247(f): 6:49am On Aug 03, 2017
Eazybay:

It is sooooo my dear, dat hour glass shape is enuf to send any dude straight to da altar! gringrin
Na so sad

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How Do I Control My Girlfriend Sharp Mouth / Before You Visit That Friend You Met On Social Media / Do You Still Remember Your First Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.