Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

Why Should I Hate FFK, Ayo Fayose Or Any Leader That Protects Christians? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Should I Hate FFK, Ayo Fayose Or Any Leader That Protects Christians? (13431 Views)

Three Months Enough To Know Any Leader’s Direction – Jimi Agbaje / I Hate FFK / Abacha: Nigerian Leader That Never Travelled Outside The Shores Of Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Should I Hate FFK, Ayo Fayose Or Any Leader That Protects Christians? by moninuola65: 10:17pm On Sep 18, 2017
Alcatraz005:

So what do you want me to do? Take back my word?
haa!
it's not a shame,
nobody above mistake.
if kanu listen to the warning, he won't end-up like that.
only foolish we say he won't correct it's mistake.

1 Like

Re: Why Should I Hate FFK, Ayo Fayose Or Any Leader That Protects Christians? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Sep 18, 2017
JohnXcel:
I don't care what you say, I don't care what you think...

Whatever evil you are trying to instigate, you will reap!

That's all...

I am sorry if I cause you any pain. I certainly do not intend to hurt any Yoruba son or daughter.

1 Like

Re: Why Should I Hate FFK, Ayo Fayose Or Any Leader That Protects Christians? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Sep 18, 2017
Alcatraz005:
Didn't read, don't care.

5 Likes

Re: Why Should I Hate FFK, Ayo Fayose Or Any Leader That Protects Christians? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Sep 18, 2017
moninuola65:

haa!
it's not a shame,
nobody above mistake.
if kanu listen to the warning, he won't end-up like that.
only foolish we say he won't correct it's mistake.

Ok, I apologize to any Muslim Yoruba hurt by my message.

1 Like

Re: Why Should I Hate FFK, Ayo Fayose Or Any Leader That Protects Christians? by IJOBA2: 10:22pm On Sep 18, 2017
GOKE7 IS NOW A CHRISTIANgrin

1 Like

Re: Why Should I Hate FFK, Ayo Fayose Or Any Leader That Protects Christians? by Goke7: 10:25pm On Sep 18, 2017
IJOBA2:
GOKE7 IS NOW A CHRISTIANgrin

oh you thought I was an atheist ba? grin

1 Like

Re: Why Should I Hate FFK, Ayo Fayose Or Any Leader That Protects Christians? by Nobody: 10:31pm On Sep 18, 2017
I realize my message has hurt a lot of my people. The truth must be said notwithstanding. The hallmark of omoluabi is the entrenchment of internal democracy. We must disagree to agree and that is why we are the most progressive tribe in the nation. We must not capitulate to feudalistic forces who seek to use religion to enslave us. At least we know we can contain the igbo but this other people are much more fierce warriors who prevail by conquest. Evidence abound about their exploits which our fore fathers resisted with all they had. We must not fail to demand and obtain a workable system that favors all.

Eternal vigilance is the price for freedom. There is a palpable fear that half of our population might compromise on our freedom. This is not about a ploy to divide us. Just a call for vigilance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Should I Hate FFK, Ayo Fayose Or Any Leader That Protects Christians? by IJOBA2: 10:33pm On Sep 18, 2017
Goke7:

oh you thought I was an atheist ba? grin
CAN YOU SWEAR WITH YOUR GREAT GRAND FATHERS GRAVE THAT YOU ARE A CHRISTIAN GUY WE UNDERSTAND UNA DIVIDE AND RULE TACTICS... ITS A COMMON THING AMONG MUSLIMS. REMEMBER THAT BUHARI SENT NORTHERN GOVERNORS TO GO AND MAKE PEACE WITH THE IGBOS AFTER KILLING THEM VIA OPERATION PYTHON DANCEgrin IM TOO EDUCATED TO FALL FOR MUSLIMS ANTICSgrin

2 Likes

Re: Why Should I Hate FFK, Ayo Fayose Or Any Leader That Protects Christians? by Goke7: 10:34pm On Sep 18, 2017
Alcatraz005:

I would ignore your accusations for now. I urge all the Yorubas who have been attacking me to go see our brother Coloneldrake's lamemtations about the behavior of most yorubas to the hegemony of the North on the thread thanking Yorubas and the SS for their Support. It totally sums up what I have been trying to say.

oga elections are around the corner so we are used to these tales by moonlight, keep trying but you see yorubas are too politically conscious to fall for these religious bunkum, God rules in the affairs of men and no man whether Christian or muslim can play God to determine anybody's fate you hear. I think we should talk or debate on more important matters like Economic development, Informational technology, have you heard about Digital transformation? that's what we young guys should talking more in these days of advanced technology. Only primitive minds takes matters like yoruba muslims and christians too seriously, we can't develop that way and our society will remain poorer you know.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Should I Hate FFK, Ayo Fayose Or Any Leader That Protects Christians? by moninuola65: 10:35pm On Sep 18, 2017
Alcatraz005:

Ok, I apologize to any Muslim Yoruba hurt by my message.
good, you are a good christian
God forgive us all,
we are all sinners.
thanks,
God bless you.

lets us preserve our country,
lets leave politics to politicians,
they were our servant, if we know, they will bow down for us.
We have two obligation as a good citizens;
i. stand by the constitution
ii. protects peoples mandate, even if it's your opponent mandate.
if we can do this we had won over the politicians, and we will direct them at our wish.
thanks once again

1 Like

Re: Why Should I Hate FFK, Ayo Fayose Or Any Leader That Protects Christians? by IJOBA2: 10:37pm On Sep 18, 2017
CYYNTHIA ANOTHER CHRISTIAN WANNABE IS VIEWING THE THREAD grin
Re: Why Should I Hate FFK, Ayo Fayose Or Any Leader That Protects Christians? by Goke7: 10:41pm On Sep 18, 2017
IJOBA2:
CAN YOU SWEAR WITH YOUR GREAT GRAND FATHERS GRAVE THAT YOU ARE A CHRISTIAN GUY WE UNDERSTAND UNA DIVIDE AND RULE TACTICS... ITS A COMMON THING AMONG MUSLIMS. REMEMBER THAT BUHARI SENT NORTHERN GOVERNORS TO GO AND MAKE PEACE WITH THE IGBOS AFTER KILLING THEM VIA OPERATION PYTHON DANCEgrin IM TOO EDUCATED TO FALL FOR MUSLIMS ANTICSgrin

Christians don't swear o, it's against our Faith in the Lord Jesus, and pls think more about your life moving forward in this era of Information technology which is changing our world, the world is talking about data analytics and how it can be used to solve economic problems and even security problems. Let's stop thinking backwards, if the igbos were thinking more about their innovations in technology, they won't allow a riffraff like kanu to bring sorrows tears and blood to their land. All these northern brouhaha won't add any economic value to our being ok?

Be smart bruv, only backward thinking people think about war, trouble and who is pursuing them all over the place, when are we going to develop?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Should I Hate FFK, Ayo Fayose Or Any Leader That Protects Christians? by RoyalUc(m): 10:46pm On Sep 18, 2017
Goke7:

Am a christian and I believe in the Lordship of Jesus Christ but I don't like people using the name of God to preach hate and division for political gains, this is what ffk, fayose and the likes are doing and it all started from Gej's administration who went round churches making Christians see Muslims as their enemies. That was the root of the present division and hate we we see right now. PMB will not be President forever and a non muslim like obj, gowon or gej will be President again some day. We Christians should get wiser and see how Nigeria will get better through the preaching of the Gospel via development programs and contributions to the society. All the hate, complains and anger we have exhibited towards each other as muslims and christian, what has it contributed to our national growth, all the bible religious knowledge we have been teaching in schools, how has it reduced corruption and all the evils plaguing our society. We have missed it somewhere as Christians in Nigeria and we should stop the blame game and look at ourselves in the mirror and fix our mess.

Let the SW fix their mess, Let the SE fix their mess, Let the north, the SS and all tribes fix their mess before we blame other tribes or other people who do not practice our religion. Our self righteousness and hypocrisy is killing us and we will never develop until we all fix our personal mess.

I wish there are ten of you here!

Rarely have I seen a fair minded, mature christian post comment(s) this clean.

God bless you bro. You are an inspiration.

7 Likes

Re: Why Should I Hate FFK, Ayo Fayose Or Any Leader That Protects Christians? by IJOBA2: 10:51pm On Sep 18, 2017
Goke7:

Christians don't swear o, it's against our Faith in the Lord Jesus, and pls think more about your life moving forward in this era of Information technology which is changing our world, the world is talking about data analytics and how it can be used to solve economic problems and even security problems. Let's stop thinking backwards, if the igbos were thinking more about their innovations in technology, they won't allow a riffraff like kanu to bring sorrows tears and blood to their land. All these northern brouhaha won't add any economic value to our being ok?

Be smart bruv, only backward thinking people think about war, trouble and who is pursuing them all over the place, when are we going to develop?
CHAIgrin

Re: Why Should I Hate FFK, Ayo Fayose Or Any Leader That Protects Christians? by Goke7: 10:51pm On Sep 18, 2017
Alcatraz005:
I realize my message has hurt a lot of my people. The truth must be said notwithstanding. The hallmark of omoluabi is the entrenchment of internal democracy. We must disagree to agree and that is why we are the most progressive tribe in the nation. We must not capitulate to feudalistic forces who seek to use religion to enslave us. At least we know we can contain the igbo but this other people are much more fierce warriors who prevail by conquest. Evidence abound about their exploits which our fore fathers resisted with all they had. We must not fail to demand and obtain a workable system that favors all.

Eternal vigilance is the price for freedom. There is a palpable fear that half of our population might compromise on our freedom. This is not about a ploy to divide us. Just a call for vigilance.

your concerns are appreciated but if God be for us, who can be against us, why must we live in fear if we truly believe in God.

2 Likes

Re: Why Should I Hate FFK, Ayo Fayose Or Any Leader That Protects Christians? by Nobody: 10:54pm On Sep 18, 2017
Goke7:

oga elections are around the corner so we are used to these tales by moonlight, keep trying but you see yorubas are too politically conscious to fall for these religious bunkum, God rules in the affairs of men and no man whether Christian or muslim can play God to determine anybody's fate you hear. I think we should talk or debate on more important matters like Economic development, Informational technology, have you heard about Digital transformation? that's what we young guys should talking more in these days of advanced technology. Only primitive minds takes matters like yoruba muslims and christians too seriously, we can't develop that way and our society will remain poorer you know.

Goke, you are a reasonable man but you are being selfish in this discussion. The way I write, does it cross your mind that I am an illiterate? I have all the skills to be what I want to be in the 21st
Century. What you are not getting is that there is apprehension in the minds of so many Christians that they would be islamised. Do you know how scared an average Christian is when it crossed his heart that we have Islamic extremists amongst us? How do you think an erratic character like Donald Trump won the 2016 US elections? It was the fear of the Christians for Muslims who had been emboldened by Barack Obama's pro Islamic policies.

Likewise, the resurgence of state backed religious violence in the North and now all over Nigeria is making millions of Christians afraid. You are talking of tapping into IT and leaving politics. I dare state that anybody that leaves politics to others will pay dearly for it.

You might call me a bigot but whenever I see a girl with hijab, I get scared because she might have a bomb there. This is the genuine fear of Christians worldwide and it is nobody's fault but the adherent of the other faith. They have not done much to curb terrorism. The reason why FFK, Fayose and NK are so powerful is because they speak to protect the rights of so many millions of Christians in Nigeria who have suffered esp under this government. The present administration has shown clearly that it is pro north/Islam and people have the right to be suspicious and apprehensive.

I would vote a Fayose over Pastor Yemi Osinbajo any day as I know that Fayose would be radical in protecting my faith. It is the way Donald Trump would win a 2nd time even if he keeps bumbling in the White House. grin

4 Likes

Re: Why Should I Hate FFK, Ayo Fayose Or Any Leader That Protects Christians? by Goke7: 10:55pm On Sep 18, 2017
IJOBA2:
CHAIgrin

by forming illegal security outfits or throwing sticks on armored tanks or waving flags of an illegal entity? grin

True self determination is being innovative for true development, whatever is going on in the SE all in the name of self determination na wash

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Should I Hate FFK, Ayo Fayose Or Any Leader That Protects Christians? by Goke7: 11:03pm On Sep 18, 2017
Alcatraz005:

Goke, you are a reasonable man but you are being selfish in this discussion. The way I write, does it cross your mind that I am an illiterate? I have all the skills to be what I want to be in the 21st
Century. What you are not getting is that there is apprehension in the minds of so many Christians that they would be islamised. Do you know how scared an average Christian is when it crossed his heart that we have Islamic extremists amongst us? How do you think an erratic character like Donald Trump won the 2016 US elections? It was the fear of the Christians for Muslims who had been emboldened by Barack Obama's pro Islamic policies.

Likewise, the resurgence of state backed religious violence in the North and now all over Nigeria is making millions of Christians afraid. You are talking of tapping into IT and leaving politics. I dare state that anybody that leaves politics to others will pay dearly for it.

You might call me a bigot but whenever I see a girl with hijab, I get scared because she might have a bomb there. This is the genuine fear of Christians worldwide and it is nobody's fault but the adherent of the other faith. They have not done much to curb terrorism. The reason why FFK, Fayose and NK are so powerful is because they speak to protect the rights of so many millions of Christians in Nigeria who have suffered esp under this government. The present administration has shown clearly that it is pro north/Islam and people have the right to be suspicious and apprehensive.

I would vote a Fayose over Pastor Yemi Osinbajo any day as I know that Fayose would be radical in protecting my faith. It is the way Donald Trump would win a 2nd time even if he keeps bumbling in the White House. grin

so you can be islamised? and you need someone in aso rock to protect your faith. Sorry Then you have no Faith In God. heb 11.6, He that cometh to God must believe He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him.

I don't need anyone in aso rock to protect my faith as my life in christ is hid in God. To be a christian no be by mouth but grounded faith in the Lord Jesus. Do you really believe in Jesus? Faith and Politics do not mix, this is where we are getting it wrong bruv

7 Likes

Re: Why Should I Hate FFK, Ayo Fayose Or Any Leader That Protects Christians? by Nobody: 11:05pm On Sep 18, 2017
Goke7:

so you can be islamised? and you need someone in aso rock to protect your faith. Sorry Then you have no Faith In God. heb 11.6, He that cometh to God must believe He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him.

I don't need anyone in aso rock to protect my faith as my life in christ is hid in God. To be a christian no be by mouth but grounded faith in the Lord Jesus. Do you really believe in Jesus? Faith and Politics do not mix, this is where we are getting it wrong bruv

OMG, what is goke talking about? I am now convinced that you would never see things from my view. I have stated my mind and the target audience has seen it. I leave you to your conscience.

1 Like

Re: Why Should I Hate FFK, Ayo Fayose Or Any Leader That Protects Christians? by Goke7: 11:11pm On Sep 18, 2017
Alcatraz005:

OMG, what is goke talking about? I am now convinced that you would never see things from my view. I have stated my mind and the target audience has seen it. I leave you to your conscience.

I leave you to your conscience too, all your views are what has been expressed over the years and still doesn't sell among many true Christians ok?

8 Likes

Re: Why Should I Hate FFK, Ayo Fayose Or Any Leader That Protects Christians? by RoyalUc(m): 11:29pm On Sep 18, 2017
Alcatraz005:

Sh!t has happened to Christians in the past 10 years in Nigeria and you say we shouldn't be apprehensive? Why is Afenifere being demonized by the familiar forces in yorubaland? Can't we forgive them for supporting Jonathan? Is this what Pa Abraham Adesanya fought for in Nadeco for years under Abacha? I am pained myself that you are all shutting me out because I have said something we all want to sweep under the carpet. I am not trying to demonize our Muslim population but asking why their body language aligns with the North in opposing the restructuring of the polity. Pastor Osinbajo has been the VP for he past 2 years and under his watch, Christians have been killed without let or hindrance because he was placed there to make it seem we Christians are represented in Government but it is all a ruse as pastor Yemi is powerless in the midst of people who are on a mission.

Op. You might have your fears and worries which is quite ok, but to present it the way you did and are doing, I sincerely don't get it. That was why my first responds was; no need reading further and I honestly did not go beyond that point. Goke asked you a pertinent question. What do hope to achieve? What does the scripture teach us about this your subject matter.

Permit me to refer you to Matt. 5 from verse 1 to the last verse.

3 Likes

Re: Why Should I Hate FFK, Ayo Fayose Or Any Leader That Protects Christians? by RoyalUc(m): 11:41pm On Sep 18, 2017
Alcatraz005:

I am sorry if I cause you any pain. I certainly do not intend to hurt any Yoruba son or daughter.

That got to my heart... kiss
Re: Why Should I Hate FFK, Ayo Fayose Or Any Leader That Protects Christians? by Nobody: 12:01am On Sep 19, 2017
I think like this writer and this writer thinks like me. Finally, Christians are waking up.

1 Like

Re: Why Should I Hate FFK, Ayo Fayose Or Any Leader That Protects Christians? by Nobody: 12:04am On Sep 19, 2017
WisdomFlakes:
The Christians are nothing special and no better than Muslims in this country. They commit crimes just as much as muslins do so this op is just fooling himself by pandering to religious sentiments. OBJ and GEJ were Christians and contributed their bit to bringing Nigeria to where it is today. I am more concerned about the fate of the young Jewish religion that was catching fire in the SE before Kanu's fall from grace. Hope the SE Christians won't start marginalizing and oppressing them.
The world is moving forward this one is moving backwards.

1 Like

Re: Why Should I Hate FFK, Ayo Fayose Or Any Leader That Protects Christians? by Nobody: 12:27am On Sep 19, 2017
Alcatraz005:

They expect me to shut up about it so that it may seem Yorubas are united. A lot of Christians that are Yoruba are scared of igbos leaving because we don't trust our Muslim brothers who have pledged allegiance to the North. I am very angry that my brothers would call me igbo because I dare voice out the fear of millions of Christians in SW? angry
You are so right. I have talked about the danger Yoruba Christians would face in a Nigeria without the Igbos. We yorubas protesting against the repression of the Igbo's are actually strategic thinkers. There is no future for a peaceful Yorubaland if the Igbos manage to secede and leave Yoruba's behind. The religious balance would be disrupted and we would be left exposed and vulnerable. And that vulnerability would eventually bring about resentment for the Muslim community. I will attach my own post subsequently.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Should I Hate FFK, Ayo Fayose Or Any Leader That Protects Christians? by Nobody: 12:35am On Sep 19, 2017
I have thoroughly considered what the future of the South West would look like with the exit of the South East and no matter how I look at it I conclude that it is highly dangerous for the South West to remain in a Nigeria without the South East. The exit of the S/East makes the West politically weak and vulnerable. It would make Nigeria predominantly Islamic(no offense to moderate and Yoruba Muslims) and the Christians in the "new" Nigeria would have to settle for being second class citizens. Of course there is not a problem with having more muslims(don't get me wrong at all) but that secularism would go down the drain pretty fast if a strong south can not successfully check the religious excesses of the North.

For example, it took the SW, SE, SS to resist the Child bride bill that was put forward by the North some years ago. We wouldn't be able to have resisted that bill without the SE lawmakers vote. Meaning if SE representatives were absent in Nigeria then that bill would have passed because South West can not have enough rep to pass or stop a bill in the new Nigerian national assembly.

Some Northern states today don't allow alcohol sale or consumption and even destroy it whenever found in the North. I know very well that religious southerners are against alchohol too but are not willing to use the law to enforce people against taking it.

What about the time when MBGN contestants were 'chased' out of Nigeria because they dressed "indecently" and the pageantry event had to hold outside Nigeria.

In a new Nigeria without the SS and SE people like Denrele, Bobrisky, Bisi Alimi could end up in jail(NB: I don't agree with what these guys do. But do they deserve jail? Certainly not)

Yes we are conservative in the South West but do we want a state where people are mandated to do things we see as morally right rather than do them because they believe in doing so.

The values and priorities of the North is very different from that of the South West- though we are deeply godly and very cultural yet we value Liberty and Freedom. I understand that Yoruba Muslims may feel that a nation with the North can work I would tell you otherwise. While the fate of we Yoruba Christians would be worse off in a Nigeria without Igbos the Yoruba Muslims wouldn't fair better either. If you doubt you should ask how the Kwarans are fairing politically in a region called "North Central ". During the Ibadan summit that held some days ago some "foreign" unscrupulous people tried dividing us along religious lines but thanks to smart people who didn't buy into such nonsense. But we would continue to deal with such divide and conquer tactics if we remain in this country without the Igbos.

We all do well to heed the instruction of the great sage, Awolowo who once said there is no way the Yorubas would stay in a Nigeria where the East secedes. We do not have the moral right to stop the SE from aspiring to secede because it doesn't pay us. The SE has the eternal right of self determination. But we can begin to debate our position forthwith. Do we remain with Nigeria where we become the part of the south the North would look on with suspicion or form a nation where the Yoruba race can fully express her Culture, Language and Heritage and put religion where it belongs-out of our constitution.

3 Likes

Re: Why Should I Hate FFK, Ayo Fayose Or Any Leader That Protects Christians? by IJOBA2: 12:47am On Sep 19, 2017
RoyalUc:

Op. You might have your fears and worries which is quite ok, but to present it the way you did and are doing, I sincerely don't get it. That was why my first responds was; no need reading further and I honestly did not go beyond that point. Goke asked you a pertinent question. What do hope to achieve? What does the scripture teach us about this your subject matter.

Permit me to refer you to Matt. 5 from verse 1 to the last verse.
MUSLIMS ARE BUSY QUOTING BIBLEgrin
Re: Why Should I Hate FFK, Ayo Fayose Or Any Leader That Protects Christians? by julietm123: 12:49am On Sep 19, 2017
Oga Alcatraz, so you sabi something like this before and you dey see road clear clear.
Anyways thanks for your unbiased view bur mehn, your yoruba muslim brothers are on their way to deal with you.
Re: Why Should I Hate FFK, Ayo Fayose Or Any Leader That Protects Christians? by IJOBA2: 12:54am On Sep 19, 2017
WALEDEJI MY MUSLIM BRETHREN IS HEREgrin

1 Like

Re: Why Should I Hate FFK, Ayo Fayose Or Any Leader That Protects Christians? by julietm123: 12:55am On Sep 19, 2017
Well we are not northerners who marginalize based on religion. I believe their is a small population of igbo muslims ,but I doubt you have ever heard them complain the way the northerner Christians do. Every man is free to practice whatever religion he believes in as far as you don't use it to disturb others. cool
WisdomFlakes:
The Christians are nothing special and no better than Muslims in this country. They commit crimes just as much as muslins do so this op is just fooling himself by pandering to religious sentiments. OBJ and GEJ were Christians and contributed their bit to bringing Nigeria to where it is today. I am more concerned about the fate of the young Jewish religion that was catching fire in the SE before Kanu's fall from grace. Hope the SE Christians won't start marginalizing and oppressing them.

1 Like

Re: Why Should I Hate FFK, Ayo Fayose Or Any Leader That Protects Christians? by 2016easy2017: 12:55am On Sep 19, 2017
have u ever been cheated by MTN ?, if yes, kindly visit the crime section of nairaland and chose th topic "
Lets All Stop Mtn's Illegal Extortion And Unlawful Deductions Of Our Money&data". you got to contribute. lets all fight MTN now. a LEGAL battle
Re: Why Should I Hate FFK, Ayo Fayose Or Any Leader That Protects Christians? by julietm123: 1:06am On Sep 19, 2017
Yoruba Christians, una don dey wake up. It's well. It's never too late. The voice of Christians must become stronger. The Christians in your society must become active politically. Yakkasai said what he said based on the fact that yoruba muslims hold more political power than the Christians,and their opinions always carries the day. May God help you guys.
Statsocial:
I have thoroughly considered what the future of the South West would look like with the exit of the South East and no matter how I look at it I conclude that it is highly dangerous for the South West to remain in a Nigeria without the South East. The exit of the S/East makes the West politically weak and vulnerable. It would make Nigeria predominantly Islamic(no offense to moderate and Yoruba Muslims) and the Christians in the "new" Nigeria would have to settle for being second class citizens. Of course there is not a problem with having more muslims(don't get me wrong at all) but that secularism would go down the drain pretty fast if a strong south can not successfully check the religious excesses of the North.

For example, it took the SW, SE, SS to resist the Child bride bill that was put forward by the North some years ago. We wouldn't be able to have resisted that bill without the SE lawmakers vote. Meaning if SE representatives were absent in Nigeria then that bill would have passed because South West can not have enough rep to pass or stop a bill in the new Nigerian national assembly.

Some Northern states today don't allow alcohol sale or consumption and even destroy it whenever found in the North. I know very well that religious southerners are against alchohol too but are not willing to use the law to enforce people against taking it.

What about the time when MBGN contestants were 'chased' out of Nigeria because they dressed "indecently" and the pageantry event had to hold outside Nigeria.

In a new Nigeria without the SS and SE people like Denrele, Bobrisky, Bisi Alimi could end up in jail(NB: I don't agree with what these guys do. But do they deserve jail? Certainly not)

Yes we are conservative in the South West but do we want a state where people are mandated to do things we see as morally right rather than do them because they believe in doing so.

The values and priorities of the North is very different from that of the South West- though we are deeply godly and very cultural yet we value Liberty and Freedom. I understand that Yoruba Muslims may feel that a nation with the North can work I would tell you otherwise. While the fate of we Yoruba Christians would be worse off in a Nigeria without Igbos the Yoruba Muslims wouldn't fair better either. If you doubt you should ask how the Kwarans are fairing politically in a region called "North Central ". During the Ibadan summit that held some days ago some "foreign" unscrupulous people tried dividing us along religious lines but thanks to smart people who didn't buy into such nonsense. But we would continue to deal with such divide and conquer tactics if we remain in this country without the Igbos.

We all do well to heed the instruction of the great sage, Awolowo who once said there is no way the Yorubas would stay in a Nigeria where the East secedes. We do not have the moral right to stop the SE from aspiring to secede because it doesn't pay us. The SE has the eternal right of self determination. But we can begin to debate our position forthwith. Do we remain with Nigeria where we become the part of the south the North would look on with suspicion or form a nation where the Yoruba race can fully express her Culture, Language and Heritage and put religion where it belongs-out of our constitution.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

NDDC: Senate Panel Recommends Dissolution Of IMC / Illegal Connection: Man Electrocuted To Death In Ikorodu / Oyegun, APC Governors In Crucial Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.