Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,974 members, 7,828,443 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:46 AM

'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma (32863 Views)

APC Lawyers Are Jokers Nigeria Constitution Forbids Ex Post Facto Law- Tochukwu / Tochukwu Sullivan And Lynn Pre-Wedding Photos / Court To Abaribe, Immanuel El-Shalom, Tochukwu Uchendu: Provide Nnamdi Kanu Or? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by laudate: 11:47pm On Sep 25, 2017
paramakina202:

I need video evidence not epistle .
Post a video where Yorubas invited Igbo highlife band to play in Yoruba Owambe.

Well, I wish I had known that this topic would come up for discussion. Maybe I would have made a video recording of an event I attended last week. I went to a traditional introduction party held for a Yoruba couple recently and guess what song the bride chose to herald her entry into the hall? It was a gospel song titled Igwe sung by Midnight Crew which was led by Pat Uwaje -King.

Igwe is an Igbo gospel track that is quite popular in a lot of churches today.

15 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by CrtlAltDel: 11:53pm On Sep 25, 2017
Cinkq:
Some igbos are aware that their hatred toward Yorubas is real, while some are still oblivious of it.

One thing i'm verry sure of is that, igbos will forever play the victim mentality
Fixed
Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by laudate: 11:54pm On Sep 25, 2017
Omaricha166:
Afonjas nd their stupidity, how can u be playing a yoruba music in an Igbo ceremony,
gosh! Yorubas nd hausa/fulani are hypocris in nature

You are just like your brother Nnamdi Kanu. You do not think before you spew out your verbal rubbish.

19 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by CrtlAltDel: 11:56pm On Sep 25, 2017
Omaricha166:
Afonjas nd their stupidity, how can u be playing a yoruba music in an Igbo ceremony,
gosh! Yorubas nd hausa/fulani are hypocris in nature
Damn you just embarrassed yourself and also proved to the whole NL that you lack basic comprehension…. Pls call your neighbour to read and explain the write up for you…. You are allowed to edit the trash you wrote

18 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by agadez007(m): 12:10am On Sep 26, 2017
laudate:

Well, I wish I had known that this topic would come up for discussion. Maybe I would have made a video recording of an event I attended last week. I went to a traditional introduction party held for a Yoruba couple recently and guess what song the bride chose to herald her entry into the hall? It was a gospel song titled Igwe sung by Midnight Crew which was led by Pat Uwaje -King.

Igwe is an Igbo gospel track that is quite popular in a lot of churches today.
if i am not Mistaken the lyrics of the bolded goes thus kosi oba bire,ko ma si olorun bi re
ebami gbe olorun tobi

Does any of these lyrics sound Igbo,the only Igbo in the song is just the Igwe there,nothing more,why do you people like being against igbo that when you see red you call it white,I just dont get it
i have been to Some yoruba parties
do Hausa play igbo music in there Parties,NO
do Yoruba play Igbo music in Their parties,NO

Then why should Igbos play theirs in ours?
Though,the only bad thing the Mc did was he should have codedly Dismissed the band~

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by laudate: 12:14am On Sep 26, 2017
agadez007:
if i am not Mistaken the lyrics of the bolded goes thus kosi oba bire,ko ma si olorun bi re
ebami gbe olorun tobi

Does any of these lyrics sound Igbo,the only Igbo in the song is just the Igwe there,nothing more,why do you people like being against igbo that when you see red you call it white,I just dont get it
i have been to Some yoruba parties
do Hausa play igbo music in there Parties,NO
do Yoruba play Igbo music in Their parties,NO

Then why should Igbos play theirs in ours?
Though,the only bad thing the Mc did was he should have codedly Dismissed the band~

It also says "Eze k'eze, Idi egwo, onye knabi ozo... " or have you forgotten that part? Does that sound Yoruba to you?

And you need to go out of your zone more often. I attended an event put together by Northern women in Abuja some years back, and guess what songs they wanted to listen to? Shina Peters old songs! I was surprised. Choice of music depends on the celebrant's tastes, and those of his guests. Some people are not bothered by the ethnic stuff when it comes to songs they like. Davido uses a lot of Yoruba lyrics in his songs and mixes them with English, but his fans cut across all ethnic groups.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by agadez007(m): 12:17am On Sep 26, 2017
laudate:

It also says "Eze k'eze, Idi ego, onye kabi ozo... " or have you forgotten that part?
but you called it an Igbo gospel music when the Yoruba content in it is more than 50%

20 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by SlayerForever: 12:18am On Sep 26, 2017
Who's the bastard that concocted this thrash?!

6 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by laudate: 12:20am On Sep 26, 2017
agadez007:
but you called it an Igbo gospel music when the Yoruba content in it is more than 50%

Check the lyrics very well. The Yoruba content is not more than 50 percent.

11 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by tit(f): 12:45am On Sep 26, 2017
Chaaai!
Afonja!!!
Who do you this thing?

1 Like

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by maclatunji: 12:54am On Sep 26, 2017
Lalasticlala and Mynd44. You guy's should share quality opinion pieces.

This is a good one.

It would be irresponsible to be sharing Nnamdi Kanu's crazy rhetoric and be hiding rational voices like this.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by maclatunji: 12:58am On Sep 26, 2017
months:
Na Dem, awon tribal lords

Some of the pictures you guys are sharing are not even Yoruba tribal marks, are you guys this slow?

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by dubemnaija: 1:18am On Sep 26, 2017
agadez007:

Even what d idiot wrote above is yoruba..
Whats idi eko? Onye kabi ozo? grin grin

1 Like

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by dubemnaija: 1:20am On Sep 26, 2017
maclatunji:

Some of the pictures you guys are sharing are not even Yoruba tribal marks, are you guys this slow?

They re igbos tribal marks from kenya
Mkpuru amu gbabakwa gi na afo there!

5 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by BabaRamota1980: 1:29am On Sep 26, 2017
meccuno:
but why would a DJ with common sense be playing juju music in a crowd of igbo people? people should respect others for heavens sake. have u ever seen a yoruba gathering where osadebe is played? people should stop raising unnecessary dust

He mistook them for Yoruba because they had on Yoruba owambe attires. So he played a matching tune.

The moral of the story -
Stop dressing like Yoruba if you dont want to dance to Yoruba tunes.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by BabaRamota1980: 1:33am On Sep 26, 2017
maclatunji:

Ibos travel wide but are blind to cultures of places they visit. They cannot differentiate a Nupe mark, from Gogobir, from Yoruba, from Igala, from Hausa, from Kanuri or Gwari.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by laudate: 1:44am On Sep 26, 2017
dubemnaija:

You must be a joker. So Eze k'eze, Idi egwo, onye knabi ozor, onye di kagi .... sounds Yoruba to you, right,? Your hypocrisy is too glaring. Why not tell the truth and let the devil be ashamed?

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by laudate: 1:45am On Sep 26, 2017
dubemnaija:

They re igbos tribal marks from kenya
Mkpuru amu gbabakwa gi na afo there!

Two of them are Kanuri tribal marks! Check again,!

9 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by Ballmer: 1:50am On Sep 26, 2017
Cinkq:
Some yorubas are aware that their hatred toward us is real, while some are still oblivious of it.

One thing i'm verry sure of is that, the bad blood would lead to physical clash one day.

With all the author wrote this is the best you can come up with ba ? Well I have a befitting response for you. The physical clash will indeed happen and many will die but a lot more Igbo will perish like roasted chicken. Small small una go know say no be only una get big mouth, amadioha destroy that your mouth.

5 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by Ballmer: 1:55am On Sep 26, 2017
OjukwuWarBird:

Why then do you oppose their call for Biafra
Is it by force to support Igbo succession cause ? Does he not have a right to deprive you of his support just as you have a right to support or is it only Igbo that have rights in Nigeria or have you gone MAD ?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by Ballmer: 2:02am On Sep 26, 2017
meccuno:
but why would a DJ with common sense be playing juju music in a crowd of igbo people? people should respect others for heavens sake. have u ever seen a yoruba gathering where osadebe is played? people should stop raising unnecessary dust
. This senselessness you conjured could be seen from a different perspective e.g. why should any Igbo be a manager of any institution in Yoruba land ? I have been to countless shows in Lagos and Oliver de coque music was played I did not ask the DJ out. Sick insane Igbo everywhere, if it was any Igbo artist that was asked out in Lagos like that dimwits among will start asking for Biafra.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by Kingspin(m): 2:03am On Sep 26, 2017
Igbo's are always on defensive when it come to issue of Nigeria... Each time you laugh at them they come out for defense before you completely humiliate them. That's the Truth. Let every Nigerian be.. I wish... I would have prefer the ceremony go on without the tribal drama. It a pity where we found ourselves.
I really love to travel to Kaduna, Kano, Lagos, porthacourt or Enugu and live in peace and my safy well guarantee by local leaders, police and the army but looking at some of events obviously happening around Nigeria one will notice all is not well with Nigeria.. We need to speak up and understand that peace in Nigeria will only benefit all..

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by agadez007(m): 2:15am On Sep 26, 2017
dubemnaija:

leave those liars,useless people

i had a DJ friend(non-Nigerian) back then in Lagos,he was always complaining how they always shout him down whenever he puts even english songs in their party so he had to get thousands of Fuji music

Now the same twats are complaining

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by BabaRamota1980: 3:25am On Sep 26, 2017
Yanminri get sense. If you dont want to dance Yoruba fuji stop wearing Yoruba attire. Go back to your george two piece wrapper and blouse with head scarf. Simple!

If you dress Yoruba you must dance Yoruba.
If you dont dance Yoruba you will be deported back to bridge head Onitsha @2:37am.
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

19 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by sorom4: 3:49am On Sep 26, 2017
Mechie Onu!!!
WisdomFlakes:
Smh. Every tribe in Nigeria is tribalistic to some degree, but igbos are the biggest and most tribalistic in this country. Even amongst themselves. That is just the truth.
Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by fr3do(m): 3:50am On Sep 26, 2017
why should a yoruba band be playing in an Igbo wedding with a mostly igbo crowd?

12 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by shekauvsbuhari: 3:58am On Sep 26, 2017
If I knew the adress of the useless man that wrote this trash,I would av visited him to give him knocks on his head for writing trash.

3 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by vicadex07(m): 4:37am On Sep 26, 2017
OjukwuWarBird:

Why then do you oppose their call for Biafra

What if he just doesn't care about your stupid Biafra.

Is it by force to support an agenda that you are least concerned with.... or do you Igbo's believe you will not succeed without Yoruba's support?

13 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by vicadex07(m): 4:41am On Sep 26, 2017
Dedetwo:

Yari.ba is first grade tribal group. Do not bank on a wedding which did not actually take place, I know the writer of the article to the roots.

Look at this old man behaving like a toddler...

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Buhari Speaks From Both Sides Of His Mouth - Obasanjo / Buhari’s Memory Loss Normal, Even Jesus, Mohammed Did, Fake News – Festus Keyamo / Senator Shehu Sani react to Atiku claim to give amnesty to looters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.