Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma (32835 Views)

APC Lawyers Are Jokers Nigeria Constitution Forbids Ex Post Facto Law- Tochukwu / Tochukwu Sullivan And Lynn Pre-Wedding Photos / Court To Abaribe, Immanuel El-Shalom, Tochukwu Uchendu: Provide Nnamdi Kanu Or? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by idealogical: 5:37pm On Sep 26, 2017
[s]
0m0nnakoda:
She will cough and die in agony baskadd
[/s]

Back to sender.
Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by imam07: 5:37pm On Sep 26, 2017
meccuno:
but why would a DJ with common sense be playing juju music in a crowd of igbo people? people should respect others for heavens sake. have u ever seen a yoruba gathering where osadebe is played? people should stop raising unnecessary dust
u can't read English? The op said he sang with English lyrics.

2 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by 0m0nnakoda: 5:39pm On Sep 26, 2017
idealogical:
[s][/s]

My mother will cough to death.
Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by Angeltjazz2017(m): 5:51pm On Sep 26, 2017
I can't read everything.
Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by idealogical: 5:54pm On Sep 26, 2017
0m0nnakoda:

You no even have mercy for your own parents bah.

Wetin den do you..
Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by mbhs139(m): 6:03pm On Sep 26, 2017
meccuno:
but why would a DJ with common sense be playing juju music in a crowd of igbo people? people should respect others for heavens sake. have u ever seen a yoruba gathering where osadebe is played? people should stop raising unnecessary dust

Perhaps you are still very young when the Igbos and Hausas were dancing to the tune of Sir Shina Peter's 'hit track (or is it album) Ace in the 90s. As a matter of fact, you need to ask about Sunny T, "Omo Nna to nko fuji", and a host of others.

Again, and in case you don't know or you have not heard, there's KWAM 1, and he has sung a lot of Igbo track. Not forgetting Alhaji Ayinde Barrister. These are renown Yoruba fuji crooners.

On a personal note, Osita Osadebe, Oliver De Coque, Onyeka Owenu, Uche Ibeto (the Jigida Queen, I doubt if you know her), Bongo Sigwe, and a lot of Igbo highlife songs, with some others whose name I can't remember at the moment, are my favourites musician.

Take this for instance:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2y2bTWg-Ko

3 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by 0m0nnakoda: 6:10pm On Sep 26, 2017
idealogical:

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by laudate: 6:12pm On Sep 26, 2017
mbhs139:
Perhaps you are still very young when the Igbos and Hausas were dancing to the tune of Sir Shina Peter's 'hit track (or is it album) Ace in the 90s. As a matter of fact, you need to ask about Sunny T, "Omo Nna to nko fuji", and a host of others.

Again, and in case you don't know or you have not heard, there's KWAM 1, and he has sung a lot of Igbo track. Not forgetting Alhaji Ayinde Barrister. These are renown Yoruba fuji crooners.

On a personal note, Osita Osadebe, Oliver De Coque, Onyeka Owenu, Uche Ibeto (the Jigida Queen, I doubt if you know her), Bongo Sigwe, and a lot of Igbo highlife songs, with some others whose name I can't remember at the moment, are my favourites musician.

Take this for instance:

I feel like dashing you 1,000 likes for this post! cheesy You brought back a lot of memories. undecided My uncles and their friends danced endlessly to Shina Peters, in those old days. As kids, we used to peep at them from behind the door, trying to copy their dancing styles. I am not familiar with Bongo Sigwe, or are you referring to Bongos Ikwue?

3 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by meccuno: 6:50pm On Sep 26, 2017
mbhs139:

Take this for instance:
if i was still young then?? very funny..... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by meccuno: 6:51pm On Sep 26, 2017
laudate:

I feel like dashing you 1,000 likes for this post! cheesy You brought back a lot of memories. undecided My uncles and their friends danced endlessly to Shina Peters, in those old days. As kids, we used to peep at them from behind the door, trying to copy their dancing styles. I am not familiar with Bongo Sigwe, or are you referring to Bongos Ikwue?
bongo sikwe....he was the one who sang co.ck crow at dawn.the tv drama series on NTA
Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by idealogical: 6:52pm On Sep 26, 2017
0m0nnakoda:

You no even have mercy for your own parents bah.

Wetin den do you..
Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by Iceberg3: 6:57pm On Sep 26, 2017
Mental grin
Cinkq:
Some of us( yorubas) are aware that our neighbours from a particular tribe are habouring hate against us , while some yorubas are still oblivious of it.

Habouring bitterness increases the likelihood of physical clash this is why i believe that the bad blood would lead to physical clash one day.

E PAIN THIS ONE grin

nobody wants touts,agberoes,pickpockets around o grin

1 Like

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by Smoothie01(f): 6:58pm On Sep 26, 2017
laudate:

You truly do have a problem. Deal with those issues first, before coming back in here to jump to further conclusions...

Now, you are claiming there are preferences, after you had alleged I was being economical with the truth earlier and casting aspersions left, right and centre?

Who alleged that a Yoruba man broke kolanuts at a wedding? You just brought that up in order to find a way to create more confusion where there is none, right?
If you can't understand my post then I can't help you.....As for ur first sentence, you are the one with a problem since you can't do without throwing rude statements

3 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by 0m0nnakoda: 7:01pm On Sep 26, 2017
idealogical:

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by Smoothie01(f): 7:02pm On Sep 26, 2017
idealogical:

So, the MC get more power and relevance pass the owner of the party, the pesin wey pay the DJ and celebrant wey invite the DJ in the first place.? .

I hire pesin with my money and some foolish tribal warrior dey raise tribal shoulder say make the DJ waka comot. Who born am? grin grin

You people and your illogical tribal yearnings dey weak pesin sha. Una no dey measure your tribal chests at all grin grin
No where in the op was it stated that the band was hired by the couple.....What I deduced was that "he came to celebrate with his sister in the Lord"...probably to serve as a gift.....If he was indeed invited, then my bad

2 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by Danladi7: 7:09pm On Sep 26, 2017
WisdomFlakes:

Where did you hear that I oppose Biafra? Left to me everybody will go their separate ways in peace. You people are full of hate. You hate Yoruba people, you hate Hausa people, You hate Muslims whether they be Yoruba or Hausa Muslims. The only people you don't hate are those you feel you can dominate. Smh.
The south south people grin

3 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by Danladi7: 7:11pm On Sep 26, 2017
paramakina202:
Have Yorubas ever invited Igbo musical band to play in their parties,if there is any please post the video here before you condemn the Igbo MC.
Why cant he just say play igbo song instead of dont play yoruba song.You guys are full of hate and tribalism,simple!

7 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by laudate: 7:18pm On Sep 26, 2017
Smoothie01:
If you can't understand my post then I can't help you.....As for ur first sentence, you are the one with a problem since you can't do without throwing rude statements
You are a classical case of a pot calling the kettle black! shocked Do you recall your very first comment to me on this thread? Go back and check it again, and see the rude, insolent way you responded to my statement, which was not even addressed to you in the first place! undecided Weren't you the one who said: "You don't av to be economical with the truth all in a bid to patronise ur adopted tribe..." Who were you referring to? Abeg, swerve and carry your problems elsewhere.
Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by paramakina202: 7:32pm On Sep 26, 2017
Danladi7:

Why cant he just say play igbo song instead of dont play yoruba song.You guys are full of hate and tribalism,simple!
You people are full of hypocrisy.It's 24hrs I threw up a challenge for Yorubas to post a video of Igbo highlife musician performing at famous Yoruba owambe.You as a Yoruba person, will you play Oriental brothers at your traditional wedding?

6 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by laudate: 7:36pm On Sep 26, 2017
shocked lipsrsealed undecided
Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by laudate: 7:38pm On Sep 26, 2017
Danladi7:
Do you actually believe that the person or Igbo celebrant who hired the band, would not have told them the kind of music he/she wanted them to play at such an event? undecided And after collecting an advance fee from the Igbo celebrant to perform, do you honestly think the live band would have gone ahead to play whatever kind of music took their fancy, without taking into consideration the wishes of their host or client?

3 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by idealogical: 7:42pm On Sep 26, 2017
Smoothie01:

No where in the op was it stated that the band was hired by the couple.....What I deduced was that "he came to celebrate with his sister in the Lord"...probably to serve as a gift.....If he was indeed invited, then my bad

1. Was there any other band or DJ (Specifically igbo band) at the wedding party hired by the igbo bride to play igbo music? No

2. Is it your reasonable conclusion that the band on their own invited themselves to the igbo event purposely to harass them with Yoruba juju music.?

3. Why didn't the bride herself object to the band's presence and even prevent them from playing Yoruba music?

4. Obviously, the band didn't show up uninvited or without any previous knowledge or discussion between the bride and the band and also, the fact that there wasn't any other band at the party means the band that showed up was the paid and invited band.

3 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by Nobody: 8:06pm On Sep 26, 2017
Tolexander:
see them!
If the other tribe starts theirs, they start shouting victimization!

yorubas don't play igbo songs in their owambe..

2 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by Nobody: 8:09pm On Sep 26, 2017
Timbuktuo:
The author is right. It is normal to expect Igbo songs at an igbo/igbo dominated event. Perhaps the MC was too brash in rejecting the band. He could have arranged for them to play a little of what they know and have the DJ play songs igbos would like to listen to. Everybody is happy. Tact and diplomacy are very crucial attributes to possess.

did the MC invite or paid the band to come. perform

1 Like

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by skedman(m): 8:21pm On Sep 26, 2017
OjukwuWarBird:

Why then do you oppose their call for Biafra
we decided to oppose it because the agitation was carried out by a fool who is not born to lead
Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by deedeedee1: 8:29pm On Sep 26, 2017
prodigy24:
[s]I remember when I called on a radio station in Lagos, and requested to play me phyno song "what are you waiting for" the OAP told me that they don't play that kind of song in Lagos. I was very angry, because it was a very popular song in the east back then. I requested Sky B he turned me down and cut me off. This writer belongs to those efulefu, that don't know their root. In Igbo land it is not difficult to see and Igbo man playing Fela,sunny Ade and some Yoruba musicians, you will also see Igbo man in Yoruba agbada. But you won't see such from Yoruba. I remember where some group of movie practitioners from Yoruba, protested against Igbo artist preference in movies and many other things they complained of.
When it comes to tribalism, Igbo people are learners. They are just returning what the other tribes have been heaping on them since.[/s]
Shut your mouth! We are all tribalist. No tribe is less or more tribalistic than others.
This is why we must split

4 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by ewa26: 8:31pm On Sep 26, 2017
laudate:

You truly do have a problem. Deal with those issues first, before coming back in here to jump to further conclusions...

Now, you are claiming there are preferences, after you had alleged I was being economical with the truth earlier and casting aspersions left, right and centre?

Who alleged that a Yoruba man broke kolanuts at a wedding? You just brought that up in order to find a way to create more confusion where there is none, right?

hon, what's the difference between yoruba and ibo jollof rice?
Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by wristbangle: 8:32pm On Sep 26, 2017
We already know it's their trade mark to boast unnecessary and that is why they are often being compare to a chest beating orangutan.
Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by ewa26: 8:33pm On Sep 26, 2017
wristbangle:
We already know it's their landmark to boast unnecessary and that is why they are often being compare to a chest beating orangutan.
hon, what's the difference between the Yoruba and ibo version of jellof rice and which one sweet pass?
Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by wristbangle: 8:38pm On Sep 26, 2017
ewa26:
hon, what's the difference between the Yoruba and ibo version of jellof rice and which one sweet pass?

Nigeria joll of rice is the same everywhere just that IPOB may say their version of joll of rice is the most delicious on earth and it's even what angels eat in heaven undecided
Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by ewa26: 8:40pm On Sep 26, 2017
wristbangle:

Nigeria joll of rice is the same everywhere just that IPOB may say their version of joll of rice is the most delicious on earth and it's even what angels eat in heaven undecided
ok but is there subtle difference beyeeen how biafrans and Yorubas will cook theirs? u will answer me ok
Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by staytravel: 8:51pm On Sep 26, 2017
deedeedee1:

Shut your mouth! We are all tribalist. No tribe is less or more tribalistic than others.
This is why we must split

Very true, but when you talk of splitting to a Yoruba/Hausa man they don complain.
Because they know when Igbos go all they will have to fight with eachothers cheesy cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Ministers Flock Around Zainab Ahmed At FEC Meeting / Edo Election: One Person Shot In Ologbo In Ikpoba Okah LGA / Panic As Police Shoot Sporadically In Osun Ahead Of Rerun Election. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.