Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,051 members, 7,828,696 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma (32865 Views)

APC Lawyers Are Jokers Nigeria Constitution Forbids Ex Post Facto Law- Tochukwu / Tochukwu Sullivan And Lynn Pre-Wedding Photos / Court To Abaribe, Immanuel El-Shalom, Tochukwu Uchendu: Provide Nnamdi Kanu Or? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by agaba77: 9:06pm On Sep 26, 2017
afroniger:
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/09/igbo-wedding-not-want-yoruba-band/
This is a fake igbo name..ezukanma is meaningless

Mynd44, Lalasticlala
Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by agadez007(m): 9:51pm On Sep 26, 2017
Seventh page and Counting and my Yoruba brothers are still trying to Force their Music on us,na by Force?

Somebody up there is even accusing Igbos of hate when we are only giving them back what they have been giving us for Ages

5 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by Dedetwo(m): 10:08pm On Sep 26, 2017
vicadex07:

Look at this old man behaving like a toddler...

Look at this overfed toddler behaving like an old man....
Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by TundeHashim(m): 10:12pm On Sep 26, 2017
Nice write up but I think he's too critical of his people. An average ibo might think he's been paid to blast his people and appease other ethnic groups. But be it as it may, a white man does not give a Bleep between an Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa, Tiv or Fulani. We're all motherfucking niggas to them. So why the hate? What binds us is far stronger than what divides us...I wish we all could see the beauty in each group. Life is about live and let's live...
Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by Pchidexy(m): 10:20pm On Sep 26, 2017
Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by Pchidexy(m): 10:22pm On Sep 26, 2017
Igbos have suffered! Every fool now wants to take a jibe at the Igbos.
Igbo amaka!

1 Like

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by Timbuktuo: 10:22pm On Sep 26, 2017
Omoluabi16:
I am getting to realise that indeed the igbos are tribalistic. I know we yoruba are, to some extent. I hated it, but the last few years..recent events are showing that none comes close to the igbos when it comes to tribalism.

Tribalism is a cancer.

Can you see how the few igbos on here aren't calling out the MC? In fact, they seem happy he spoke that way, after all, were the band members blind? And if they were, were they deaf? I think it's a cultural thing with them. It's a sign of strength and bravery where they come from. For omoluabis, that's would be an embarrassing show of utter classlessness.

7 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by Omoluabi16(m): 10:29pm On Sep 26, 2017
Obi1kenobi:

Every Nigerian group is tribalistic. There's nothing like "to some extent". There are plenty of Yoruba tribalists, just as there are plenty of Igbo tribalists. For every Igbo man that thinks Yorubas are some kind of lazy, dirty, duplicitous, fetish agberos, there are more than enough Yorubas that think Igbos are a bunch of unruly, unrefined, uneducated, money-grubbing criminals and con men.
What you stated are mere opinions. I think the igbo man is lousy/loud and loves money. You have you have your own opinions. But when do we draw the line from just reservations to blatant hatred? It is hatred. simple as that.don't want to dwell on this anyway..
Timbuktuo:

Can you see how the few igbos on here aren't calling out the MC? In fact, they seem happy he spoke that way, after all, were the band members blind? And if they were, were they deaf? I think it's a cultural thing with them. It's a sign of strength and bravery where they come from. For omoluabis, that's would be an embarrassing show of utter classlessness.
Very true bro. Omoluabis despite our flaws will never hate.

3 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by Fidelismaria: 10:40pm On Sep 26, 2017
phew
panting and sweating
can't believe I read tru all 7 pages
lala mynd44 make una come gimme medal ooo
Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by Obi1kenobi(m): 10:53pm On Sep 26, 2017
Omoluabi16:
What you stated are mere opinions. I think the igbo man is lousy/loud and loves money. You have you have your own opinions. But when do we draw the line from just reservations to blatant hatred? It is hatred. simple as that.don't want to dwell on this anyway.. Very true bro. Omoluabis despite our flaws will never hate.

The bolded is a meaningless statement. What you stated is as much a "mere opinion" as what I stated. Believe it or not, regardless of the nonsense that gets peddled here, the hatred you think we carry around is figment of the imagination: especially as concerns Yorubas. Igbos do hate Hausa/Fulanis. It's undeniable and a legacy of the lingering bitterness from the civil war and pre-civil war pogroms and a long list of massacres and the perception they rule the country and are beneficiaries of unmerited government largesse and favourable policies. What Igbos feel for Yorubas is basically the same mutual suspicion and distrust that exists among Yorubas about Igbos.
If you harbour suspicions about Igbo men because you think we're "lousy/loud and love money", you're no different from other tribalists you decry.

7 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by laudate: 11:18pm On Sep 26, 2017
wristbangle:
Nigeria joll of rice is the same everywhere just that IPOB may say their version of joll of rice is the most delicious on earth and it's even what angels eat in heaven undecided
That clown you quoted is nothing, but a troll! Ignore him... undecided
Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by ogmask: 11:44pm On Sep 26, 2017
deedeedee1:
Lols! Playing juju in an Igbo party. I myself will not accept an Igbo or Hausa band in my party.
We are not united.
Anybody that shout One Nigeria is an eddiot and big a big fool !

Enough with the pretence!!

What about "fada fada" by phyno and olamide or any other song by phyno alone knowing that he raps in igbo language a lot.

I have attended weddings of pple from other parts of Nigeria, yoruba inclusive, where "Ada Ada " by flavour was played.

Its obvious that This level of hatred and intolerance is an igbo thing if you ask me and its being spread by a vocal minority.

truth is the hatred pple like you point to is really non existent. What we have instead are natural haters, like south Africans against Nigerians , who want to die hating others. This shi.ite happened far away in the US bruv, not here in Nigeria. If a Yoruba DJ graced his church member wedding with his band free of charge and was walked out afterwards , who is the tribalist and pained hater here. The guy ddnt even sing in Yoruba he sand in englis but played juju tunes. This goes to show how intolerant some igbos can be. With this kind of behavious little wonder why others don't invest in sir land. If the yorubas were not accomodatging the igbos can't archive jack in the west.

This is real madness taking too far. Its like saying no afrobeat in igbomans party because fela is Yoruba.

The OP said it all already, remove the ekene dili chukwu bus in your eyes before you point a the keke napep in someones else's eyes.

6 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by laudate: 11:52pm On Sep 26, 2017
ogmask:
What about "fada fada" by phyno and olamide or any other song by phyno alone knowing that he raps in igbo language a lot.

I have attended weddings of pple from other parts of Nigeria, yoruba inclusive, where "Ada Ada " by flavour was played.

Its obvious that This level of hatred and intolerance is an igbo thing if you ask me and its being spread by a vocal minority.

truth is the hatred pple like you point to is really non existent. What we have instead are natural haters, like south Africans against Nigerians , who want to die hating others. This shi.ite happened far away in the US bruv, not here in Nigeria. If a Yoruba DJ graced his church member wedding with his band free of charge and was walked out afterwards, who is the tribalist and pained hater here. The guy ddnt even sing in Yoruba he sand in englis but played juju tunes. This goes to show how intolerant some igbos can be. With this kind of behavious little wonder why others don't invest in sir land. If the yorubas were not accomodatging the igbos can't archive jack in the west.

This is real madness taking too far. Its like saying no afrobeat in igbomans party because fela is Yoruba.

The OP said it all already, remove the ekene dili chukwu bus in your eyes before you point a the keke napep in someones else's eyes.

Thank you, o! wink The part in bold type captures what I was trying to say earlier. I had pointed out the fact that songs of different languages are played at some traditional weddings, as music depends on individual preferences, and some people on this thread almost sent e-blows in my direction! sad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by Omoluabi16(m): 12:11am On Sep 27, 2017
Obi1kenobi:

The bolded is a meaningless statement. What you stated is as much a "mere opinion" as what I stated. Believe it or not, regardless of the nonsense that gets peddled here, the hatred you think we carry around is figment of the imagination: especially as concerns Yorubas. Igbos do hate Hausa/Fulanis. It's undeniable and a legacy of the lingering bitterness from the civil war and pre-civil war pogroms and a long list of massacres and the perception they rule the country and are beneficiaries of unmerited government largesse and favourable policies. What Igbos feel for Yorubas is basically the same mutual suspicion and distrust that exists among Yorubas about Igbos.
If you harbour suspicions about Igbo men because you think we're "lousy/loud and love money", you're no different from other tribalists you decry.
Hausa/igbo hatred is glaring. yeah. only God knows the reason for the silly supremacy war between you both.And the 'war' preceded the civil igboshis 'on line nonsense' is beginning to shape the perception of some igbos and yyorubasabout each other. Each passing day, we keep bringing up more reasons to make the hatred present. NK will tell the world that it is yoruba/hausa against biafrans. Yoruba media and such rubbish. It is transferred aggression because we have maintained an okay relationship with the north. These and many more are being peddled about by more igbos these days. Mutual suspicion is a constant human factor. But suspicion is not aggression with the biafran Igbos have heaped on the yorubas non stop. I am linking it to kanu, because I may be right if I say kanu brought out of the shell long-held, pent up Anger against the yorubas?

2 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by Obi1kenobi(m): 12:12am On Sep 27, 2017
ogmask:

truth is the hatred pple like you point to is really non existent. What we have instead are natural haters, like south Africans against Nigerians , who want to die hating others. This shi.ite happened far away in the US bruv, not here in Nigeria. If a Yoruba DJ graced his church member wedding with his band free of charge and was walked out afterwards , who is the tribalist and pained hater here. The guy ddnt even sing in Yoruba he sand in englis but played juju tunes. This goes to show how intolerant some igbos can be. With this kind of behavious little wonder why others don't invest in sir land. If the yorubas were not accomodatging the igbos can't archive jack in the west.

Jesu!!! And I attended several Igbo weddings where Sunny Nneji's "Oruka" was played. Yet, you people keep peddling the same horseshit again and again, repeating the same fallacy.

And then there's the same predictable stuff about being "accommodators" and simplistic nonsense about how people don't invest in the SE because of our behaviour. So that makes sense to an adult like you? The SW is the most prosperous region in Nigeria because it is the most strategically located region in the country, making it historically first the contact point of colonialists and then the main trade route through land and sea with the world and other West African nations. Consequently, industries naturally and organically aggregated around it. The SE is the least strategically located region in the country having no sea access and being the only region with no international land borders and also by far the smallest landmass in the country and the least gifted in mineral and natural resources and arable land. There's also the small fact it has comfortably the smallest Federal presence among the regions. That might account for our inferior investments compared to the SW. You can keep peddling nonsense though about our behaviour and our tribalism, since it makes you feel all better and self-righteous.

5 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by laudate: 12:22am On Sep 27, 2017
Obi1kenobi:
Jesu!!! And I attended several Igbo weddings where Sunny Nneji's "Oruka" was played. Yet, you people keep peddling the same horseshit again and again, repeating the same fallacy.

And then there's the same predictable stuff about being "accommodators" and simplistic nonsense about how people don't invest in the SE because of our behaviour. So that makes sense to an adult like you? The SW is the most prosperous region in Nigeria because it is the most strategically located region in the country, making it historically first the contact point of colonialists and then the main trade route through land and sea with the world and other West African nations. Consequently, industries naturally and organically aggregated around it. The SE is the least strategically located region in the country having no sea access and being the only region with no international land borders and also by far the smallest landmass in the country and the least gifted in mineral and natural resources and arable land. There's also the small fact it has comfortably the smallest Federal presence among the regions. That might account for our inferior investments compared to the SW. You can keep peddling nonsense though about our behaviour and our tribalism, since it makes you feel all better and self-righteous.

Hello, Calabar was also a contact point for the early colonial masters, and a main trading route as well. Why didn't 'industries naturally and organically aggregate' around it? Federal presence was removed from Lagos to Abuja in 1991, when Abuja became the political capital of Nigeria. Yet Lagos, has remained a thriving city and commercial capital.

Since the 16th century, Calabar had been a recognized international seaport, shipping out goods such as palm oil. During the era of the Atlantic slave trade, it became a major port in the transportation of African slaves and was named Calabar by the Spanish. By the 18th century, most slave ships that transported slaves from Calabar were English, with around 85% of these ships being owned by Bristol and Liverpool merchants. Old Calabar (Duke Town) and Creek Town, 10 miles northeast, were crucial towns in the trade of slaves in that era. The first British warship to sail as far as Duke Town, where she captured seven Spanish and Portuguese slavers, may have been HMS Comus in 1815. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calabar

1 Like

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by Obi1kenobi(m): 12:43am On Sep 27, 2017
laudate:

Hello, Calabar was also a contact point for the early colonial masters, and a main trading route as well. Why didn't 'industries naturally and organically aggregate' around it? Federal presence was removed from Lagos to Abuja in 1991, when Abuja became the political capital of Nigeria. Yet Lagos, has remained a thriving city and commercial capital.

Which industries did Nigeria have in the 16th to early 20th century? Slave industry? grin The colonial government and the FG didn't invest 1/100th what it invested in Lagos as the seat of power and trade hub in Calabar. Why kid yourself?

I'm tired of having these Lagos arguments. It's interesting you talk about Abuja. It was basically a bush, but in 1/3rd the time Lagos spent as capital of Nigeria, it has become basically the most developed city in the country. Ondo, Osun, Oyo and Ekiti are not like Lagos. They are "accommodating" Yorubas too, are they not? Ogun is coming up fast only because it's lucky to be the border state surrounding Lagos and industries are spilling over from Lagos into it. This still points to the relevance of strategic location. There's no point deluding ourselves about the blessings of Lagos. Kaduna is the most developed state in the core North and Enugu is the most developed city in the SE because they were regional administrative capitals. Government investment matters.
But all this is irrelevant. Calabar is not an Igbo city. I'm pointing out the fallacious logic in claiming greater investment in the SW compared to the SE is because of how "accommodating" Yorubas are. If you put that nonsense in a first year term-paper in university, you'd get a resounding F.

5 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by laudate: 1:06am On Sep 27, 2017
Obi1kenobi:
Which industries did Nigeria have in the 16th to early 20th century? Slave industry? grin The colonial government and the FG didn't invest 1/100th what it invested in Lagos as the seat of power and trade hub in Calabar. Why kid yourself?

I'm tired of having these Lagos arguments. It's interesting you talk about Abuja. It was basically a bush, but in 1/3rd the time Lagos spent as capital of Nigeria, it has become basically the most developed city in the country. Ondo, Osun, Oyo and Ekiti are not like Lagos. They are "accommodating" Yorubas too, are they not? Ogun is coming up fast only because it's lucky to be the border state surrounding Lagos and industries are spilling over from Lagos into it. This still points to the relevance of strategic location. There's no point deluding ourselves about the blessings of Lagos. Kaduna is the most developed state in the core North and Enugu is the most developed city in the SE because they were regional administrative capitals. Government investment matters.
But all this is irrelevant. Calabar is not an Igbo city. I'm pointing out the fallacious logic in claiming greater investment in the SW compared to the SE is because of how "accommodating" Yorubas are. If you put that nonsense in a first year term-paper in university, you'd get a resounding F.

Please go back into history. undecided The slave trade was abolished in 1807 when the British parliament enacted the Slave Trade Act, making it a crime for British merchants to take part in the slave trade. By 1850 Britain had drawn up anti-slavery treaties with West African traditional rulers or monarchs, to put an end to the heinous act of slave trafficking. Attention was then turned to cash crops and commodities such as palm oil, cocoa, groundnuts and palm kernels, which were exported to Europe in large quantities to make soap, and used as machine lubricants. It was even speculated that palm oil exports alone, were worth £1 billion a year by 1840. sad

Calabar was the closest port to the Igbo communities in the colonial era, and when the trade in legitimate commodities started, such products were harvested from Igbo land (especially Onitsha) and exported through Calabar ports. In fact, the Calabar protectorate was a major point for export of palm products from Igbo land to Europe. undecided Don't forget that Britain also formed the Oil Rivers Protectorate, which included the Niger Delta, and extended eastward to Calabar.

You stated that the "SW is the most prosperous region in Nigeria, because it is the most strategically located region in the country, making it historically first the contact point of colonialists and then the main trade route through land and sea with the world and other West African nations. Consequently, industries naturally and organically aggregated around it...."

I merely pointed out that Calabar also had early contact with the colonialists, and served as a major trade route by sea and land, to the rest of the world. It was also strategically located. So its' development should have been similar to Lagos, during the colonial period, not so?

The Nigerian colonial economy depended on three major export crops - cocoa, palm produce and groundnuts. The colonial economy in most of Africa was structured to improve the economies of the colonizing or metropolitan powers. However, given the fact that one major reason why Britain colonized Nigeria was to ensure a cheap and steady supply of raw materials to British industries, the colonial administration completely discouraged the cultivation of food crops while encouraging cash crops production (Usoro 1977). ....The raw materials, which Britain needed included cotton for British textile factories, rubber for tyres and other products, palm oil and kernel for soap and margarine, groundnut for manufacturing oil, hides and skins for leather products, timber for furniture as well as tin, coal, amongst others (Onimode 1981). http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.487.9902&rep=rep1&type=pdf

5 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by Obi1kenobi(m): 1:56am On Sep 27, 2017
laudate:

Please go back into history. undecided The slave trade was abolished in 1807 when the British parliament enacted the Slave Trade Act, making it a crime for British merchants to take part in the slave trade. By 1850 Britain had drawn up anti-slavery treaties with West African traditional rulers or monarchs, to put an end to the heinous act of slave trafficking. Attention was then turned to cash crops and commodities such as palm oil, cocoa, groundnuts and palm kernels, which were exported to Europe in large quantities to make soap, and used as machine lubricants. It was even speculated that palm oil exports alone, were worth £1 billion a year by 1840. sad

Calabar was the closest port to the Igbo communities in the colonial era, and when the trade in legitimate commodities started, such products were harvested from Igbo land (especially Onitsha) and exported through Calabar ports. In fact, the Calabar protectorate was a major point for export of palm products from Igbo land to Europe. undecided Don't forget that Britain also formed the Oil Rivers Protectorate, which included the Niger Delta, and extended eastward to Calabar.

You stated that the "SW is the most prosperous region in Nigeria, because it is the most strategically located region in the country, making it historically first the contact point of colonialists and then the main trade route through land and sea with the world and other West African nations. Consequently, industries naturally and organically aggregated around it...."

I merely pointed out that Calabar also had early contact with the colonialists, and served as a major trade route by sea and land, to the rest of the world. It was also strategically located. So its' development should have been similar to Lagos, during the colonial period, not so?

How many colonial era companies like British Bank of West Africa (now First Bank), Barclays Bank (now Union Bank), UAC, May and Baker, Vitafoam, Berger Paints Nigeria, Nigeria Bottling Company Plc, Leventis ,West African Portland Cement Company (Lafarge), Scoa Nigeria Plc ,CFAO Nigeria Plc, Cadbury, Nigerian Breweries, Kingsway Stores, Dunlop, Guinness, International Breweries Plc, Macmillian, Nestle, SKG-Pharma, Tower Aluminium and many more I'm too bored to name were set up in Calabar by the British rather than Lagos. How many government secretariats, airports, deep sea ports, stadia, museums, power plants, the biggest network of major roads and multiple major bridges in the country etc, did they build in Calabar? Was Calabar the state capital of Nigeria between 1914 and 1991? Why are you comparing what is incomparable? When I point out that strategic locations determine investment, what exactly are you arguing against, cos you seem to be arguing for the sake of it?

I told you I didn't want to stray from the theme of the thread to have this pointless argument that I've had a million times. I only mentioned it because of the absurd claim that people invest more in the SW than the SE because of how "accommodating" our Yoruba brothers are and I've pointed out that is a nonsensical claim to any reasonable person.

8 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by BabaRamota1980: 2:26am On Sep 27, 2017
Yanminri are about to provoke me with their bullshyyte.

Una go make me talk tonight.

1 Like

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by BabaRamota1980: 4:50am On Sep 27, 2017
paramakina202:

You people are full of hypocrisy.It's 24hrs I threw up a challenge for Yorubas to post a video of Igbo highlife musician performing at famous Yoruba owambe.You as a Yoruba person, will you play Oriental brothers at your traditional wedding?

We really dont care to dance to flute.

Look at Ibo traditional dance abeg.
Take shirt off like a tout,
then tie wrapper like woman and then
stand like a hoe undergoing irrigation from the back.

Tufiakwa for Yoruba to dance to Ibo flute!

If na joke, nna, stop am now! angry

3 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by Wyttcat: 5:12am On Sep 27, 2017
You guys will make excuse for anything.
Why would a band play Yoruba song in ibos gathering? You read the part where it says the song was in English. Everyone knows who you people are and what you can do but the day Yoruba start paying you back is the day you are done. Keep going, you are almost there.
Timbuktuo:
The author is right. It is normal to expect Igbo songs at an igbo/igbo dominated event. Perhaps the MC was too brash in rejecting the band. He could have arranged for them to play a little of what they know and have the DJ play songs igbos would like to listen to. Everybody is happy. Tact and diplomacy are very crucial attributes to possess.

6 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by Wyttcat: 5:21am On Sep 27, 2017
Lobatan! And you believe that a paid Yoruba band will not play music that reflects the occasion? You need to stop eating everything your hater puts in your mouth.
deedeedee1:
Lols! Playing juju in an Igbo party. I myself will not accept an Igbo or Hausa band in my party.
We are not united.
Anybody that shout One Nigeria is an eddiot and big a big fool !

Enough with the pretence!!

4 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by Wyttcat: 5:28am On Sep 27, 2017
You bet! See how they are making all kinds of excuses and then trying to delete it. Don't be surprised if Yoruba mods help them delete the post because they only exist to pacify ibos and will eat just about anything their enemies put in their mouths.
Gotze1:
Come and force them delete it. Everytime you people are exposed, you want to cover it. We know better. Seun, lala, mynd44. Move this thread to front t page.

4 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by wristbangle: 7:16am On Sep 27, 2017
laudate:

That clown you quoted is nothing, but a troll! Ignore him... undecided

After his 2nd response, I knew he is a troll, so I ignored him. Thanks 4 letting me know baba.
Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by kramer: 7:33am On Sep 27, 2017
laudate:

Well, I wish I had known that this topic would come up for discussion. Maybe I would have made a video recording of an event I attended last week. I went to a traditional introduction party held for a Yoruba couple recently and guess what song the bride chose to herald her entry into the hall? It was a gospel song titled Igwe sung by Midnight Crew which was led by Pat Uwaje -King.

Igwe is an Igbo gospel track that is quite popular in a lot of churches today.

Can I just add that ‘Sweet Mother’ is another popular Igbo highlife song that’s played in a lot of Yoruba weddings.

2 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by Smoothie01(f): 8:20am On Sep 27, 2017
idealogical:

1. Was there any other band or DJ (Specifically igbo band) at the wedding party hired by the igbo bride to play igbo music? No

2. Is it your reasonable conclusion that the band on their own invited themselves to the igbo event purposely to harass them with Yoruba juju music.?

3. Why didn't the bride herself object to the band's presence and even prevent them from playing Yoruba music?

4. Obviously, the band didn't show up uninvited or without any previous knowledge or discussion between the bride and the band and also, the fact that there wasn't any other band at the party means the band that showed up was the paid and invited band.

1) The presence of any other band was not emphasised as it may defeat the aim of the writer, so direct ur curiosity to the writer.
2)Was he invited as a band to perform or just a guest??not stated in the piece
3) why would the bride wanna do that, why then do we have MCs, event planners and the likes.
4) You cant just try to complete the story to suit your narrative....nah!
Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by paramakina202: 8:54am On Sep 27, 2017
BabaRamota1980:

We really dont care to dance to flute.

Look at Ibo traditional dance abeg.
Take shirt off like a tout,
then tie wrapper like woman and then
stand like a hoe undergoing irrigation from the back.

Tufiakwa for Yoruba to dance to Ibo flute!

If na joke, nna, stop am now! angry

Why are you wailing all over the place then,hypocritesgrin
Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by Develpeast: 9:05am On Sep 27, 2017
The writer is formular one grade of stupid. He spoke like a demented fool who needs brain re-examination in John Hopkins Hospital. What sort of idiotic write up is this? Because of an event that I do not believe it happened, he has escalated the whole igbo people. There has been many cases in weddings in Lagos where the bride and groom are igbos and they had to play Ayefele music. There has been many weddings where in a yoruba church like redeem, they had no choice than to use the a yoruba band from the choir to entertain visitors.

But the fact remains that I have not seen the reverse in any yoruba wedding either in lagos or ibadan. You can tell all the lies you wish to tell but I was born and raised in Lagos and I know what I am saying. If they do not play fuji music like in the 80's and 90's, they play other songs but not with an igbo band.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by Develpeast: 9:10am On Sep 27, 2017
laudate:

Chai, you messed up in this above write up. Please edit

1 Like

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by ogmask: 9:14am On Sep 27, 2017
Obi1kenobi:

Stop saying things you don't know. South east is the largest producer of cashew nuts, palm oil, minority crude oil producer and yes they are landlocked. What on your opinion made the south west strategic that couldn't make calabar, portharcourt or even yenagoa/warri strategic. Always blaming others for you obvious miscalcultions. How do you even intend to prosper your biafra republic with this kind of mindset. You wantbiafra cos Nigeria is messed mil yet see your excuses for your backwardness. Nawa

1 Like

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by laudate: 9:26am On Sep 27, 2017
Develpeast:

Chai, you messed up in this above write up. Please edit

Messed up in what way? Were those statements incorrect? Why don't you ever engage your brains before responding?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply)

The Violence At APC Governorship Primaries In Ekiti In Pictures / Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner / Why Some Of Us In APC Don't Attack Atiku - Garba Adamu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.