Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,067 members, 7,828,782 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma (32869 Views)

APC Lawyers Are Jokers Nigeria Constitution Forbids Ex Post Facto Law- Tochukwu / Tochukwu Sullivan And Lynn Pre-Wedding Photos / Court To Abaribe, Immanuel El-Shalom, Tochukwu Uchendu: Provide Nnamdi Kanu Or? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by 0m0nnakoda: 4:13pm On Sep 26, 2017
idealogical:

You do sound like a nuisance though.
Your epileptic mother na nuisance,.Go strangle her so you go free baskadd
Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by idealogical: 4:15pm On Sep 26, 2017
Smoothie01:
I av never seen an Igbo life band perform in a Yoruba wedding and vice versa. This story is just a distraction and sadly achieving its aim.

Although, the MC was quite brash in his approach, he could av dismissed them in a less embarrassing way or simply gave them a card indicating that they av just a few minutes to perform.....I mean, the guests mustn't be kept bored for long, right?

So, the MC get more power and relevance pass the owner of the party, the pesin wey pay the DJ and celebrant wey invite the DJ in the first place.? .

I hire pesin with my money and some foolish tribal warrior dey raise tribal shoulder say make the DJ waka comot. Who born am? grin grin

You people and your illogical tribal yearnings dey weak pesin sha. Una no dey measure your tribal chests at all grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by AlhajiAbdul: 4:16pm On Sep 26, 2017
Your buffoonery has reached unqualified proportions.
Igwe is a multi-lingual song. It has Yoruba as well as Igbo lyrics. The entire song was in Yoruba while the second verse was in Igbo
The hydraulic soup, which you consume, has eroded your thinking abilities.
Typical Afonja - seeing red and calling it white
laudate:

Provide proof to show that Laudate is an Afonja. The little sense God gave you, you forgot it in the market. We all know that. You are the liar that saw an Igbo song, and called it something else. Tell us the meaning of Igwe.

6 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by tiger28: 4:17pm On Sep 26, 2017
OjukwuWarBird:

Why then do you oppose their call for Biafra
Nigerian govt doesnt need the igbos because they hardly contribute to anything in Nigeria hence they wouldn't be missed. The MAIN reason the govt is not letting the igbos go is the main reason most countries in the world do not support secession, if one group is let go, other IMPORTANT groups will ask for the same thing hence the total breakup of Nigeria. So it never been thar the igbos are needed anyhow.

2 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by Ngozi123(f): 4:18pm On Sep 26, 2017
I would say that many Igbos have become tribalists (relatively) recently and that's because their eyes have opened to just how anti-Igbo most Nigerians are. These anti-Igbo Nigerians are starting to get a taste of their own medicine and they don't like it. Quel dommage! undecided

7 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by Obi1kenobi(m): 4:19pm On Sep 26, 2017
idealogical:

Your no common sense take per the situation described in the write up ignorantly concluded that the DJ invited himself to the igbo part to play juju music and in effect offend igbo people when in fact the DJ was invited by the bride, the celebrant and igbo by tribe.

Obviously, the celebrant and the igbo bride was not clueless per the DJ's tribal origin and style of music so your misguided and misplaced tribal objection should have been placed before the igbo celebrant and the igbo bride who for obvious reasons wasn't concerned about other people's tribal worries and discrimination, her main concern was her own wedding and happiness on the most important day of her life.

Sadly, the tribal warriors and bigots took away her choice, her decision and happiness instead of learning and adopting the same non tribal and unity spirit she envisioned.

The party I'm sure wasn't labeled igbo only party at least by or according to the celebrant so the tribal warriors and bigots should have left instead of ejecting the DJ out of respect for the celebrant and her wish.

About Yoruba people responding same way, I really don't think so because I actually see them laughing, dancing and celebrating your music and culture with you, this is the tolerant and inclusive Yoruba ways and mentality and I've been to countless weddings where people danced to songs from other tribes.

Fact is, igbo people see tribe in everything, the judge and deal with you based on your tribe, where you are from in Nigeria and even what part of their own SE region you are from, this is just the mentality and way of life. Tribe comes first.

Stop deluding yourselves with these tiresome myths about your peculiar "accommodation" and "inclusiveness" and "tolerance". It's getting exhausting. I've lived in Lagos all life and met plenty of hostile Yorubas who have bigoted opinions about Igbos. You don't "celebrate the culture" of other Nigerians more than Igbos do. Stop ascribing phony, non-existent virtues to yourself. Igbos "see tribe" as much as Yorubas and other humans see tribe. Yorubas see "where you're from in your own region" as much as Igbos do. Ife and Modakeke people weren't slaughtering each other out of their detribalized love for each other and Ijebus and Egbas haven't had long feuds in the past out of your fantasy harmony. Some of us read the news and live in this country and we can see the myths you peddle for what it is.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by idealogical: 4:21pm On Sep 26, 2017
0m0nnakoda:
Your epileptic mother na nuisance,.Go strangle her so you go free baskadd

Nna, no dey share with me what you say to the dogs that conceived you...
Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by laudate: 4:25pm On Sep 26, 2017
AlhajiAbdul:
Your buffoonery has reached unqualified proportions.
Igwe is a multi-lingual song. It has Yoruba as well as Igbo lyrics. The entire song was in Yoruba while the second verse was in Igbo
The hydraulic soup, which you consume, has eroded your thinking abilities.
Typical Afonja - seeing red and calling it white

Your hypocrisy is unparalleled. Continue deceiving yourself, and pretending that you are deceiving others. I guess the lies you tell yourself, always give you a high. Typical ekwensu like you, will always see white and call it black. Everyone is an Afonja to you, because the juju those Afonjas cooked for you, made it difficult for you to think straight.

3 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by 0m0nnakoda: 4:26pm On Sep 26, 2017
idealogical:

Nna, no dey share with me what you say to the dogs that conceived you...

Who is your nna? Sango lo ma paa iya ire
Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by Ngozi123(f): 4:27pm On Sep 26, 2017
comrChris:
Obviously something is wrong with this generation of Nigerians,we like making something out of nothing,it's expected that an igbo song be played in a gathering of mostly igbos, i have been to many yoruba weddings and no igbo song was played there

Don't mind them. If Yoruba songs were the only songs that were played at the wedding then they'd be saying that the Igbos have no cultural pride, hate themselves and their language etc. It's time that Ndigbo wake up and smell the coffee: you can do no good in these people's eyes- they are suffering from a severe case of Igbo hateritis and cannot be helped. This is why I disregard all of their views, opinions and comments concerning Ndigbo undecided.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by laudate: 4:28pm On Sep 26, 2017
Smoothie01:

Good.. ..so you see why that ur Igwe example cannot be compared to the scenario in the op....If the guests were enjoying the band, I don't think the MC Wud wanna disrupt their fun. We are not talking of just language here but trends. It was stated that a juju band was playing in an Igbo wedding, that is not a trend....infact it sounds weird. it's like saying a Yoruba man broke kolanut in his daughter's wedding.

There are no general rules but you'll agree with me that there are preferences that can be deemed general or more likely. In this case, Igbo highlife band in Igbo Igbankwu and Yoruba JuJu in Yoruba Owanbe....With some secular music in btw....

I Wud only fault the MC's brash manners. A written note Wud av passed d msg.

You truly do have a problem. Deal with those issues first, before coming back in here to jump to further conclusions...

Now, you are claiming there are preferences, after you had alleged I was being economical with the truth earlier and casting aspersions left, right and centre?

Who alleged that a Yoruba man broke kolanuts at a wedding? You just brought that up in order to find a way to create more confusion where there is none, right?

4 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by idealogical: 4:30pm On Sep 26, 2017
[s]
Obi1kenobi:

Stop deluding yourselves with these tiresome myths about your peculiar "accommodation" and "inclusiveness" and "tolerance". It's getting exhausting. I've lived in Lagos all life and met plenty of hostile Yorubas who have bigoted opinions about Igbos. You don't "celebrate the culture" of other Nigerians more than Igbos do. Stop ascribing phony, non-existent virtues to yourself. Igbos "see tribe" as much as Yorubas and other humans see tribe. Yorubas see "where you're from in your own region" as much as Igbos do. Ife and Modakeke people weren't slaughtering each other out of their detribalized love for each other and Ijebus and Egbas haven't had long feuds in the past out of your fantasy harmony. Some of us read the news and live in this country and we can see the myths you peddle for what it is.
[/s]

You are entitled to your opinion, even though pointless, flawed and misguided.

2 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by AlhajiAbdul: 4:32pm On Sep 26, 2017
Yorubas are the most duplicitous people on the face of the earth.
Will Yorubas allow Ogene music in their events ?
Has any Yoruba man ever invited Morocco Maduka to play at his event ?
Can any Yoruba man stand the sight of Ozoemena Nsugbe playing at a Yoruba wedding ?

I will consider it particularly offensive if a DJ tries to play Juju or Fuji music at an Igbo wedding. He is probably trying to impose his tastes on the guests or simply trying to ridicule them. Lamidi Adeyemi, despite his love for Oliver de Coque's Ogene Highlife, never invited him to play at Yoruba functions.

Head-slamming accommodating criminals.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by AlhajiAbdul: 4:33pm On Sep 26, 2017
Typical Afonja
He has been beaten to his game of lying
Bastards
laudate:

You truly do have a problem. Deal with those issues first, before coming back in here to jump to further conclusions...

Now, you are claiming there are preferences, after you had alleged I was being economical with the truth earlier and casting aspersions left, right and centre?

Who alleged that a Yoruba man broke kolanuts at a wedding? You just brought that up in order to find a way to create more confusion where there is none, right?

3 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by idealogical: 4:33pm On Sep 26, 2017
[s]
0m0nnakoda:
Who is your nna? Sango lo ma paa iya ire
[/s]

Omoluabi folks don't go around abusing people and trashing other people's parents, this is what Nna people do. so you are unambiguously and obviously Nna.

1 Like

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by laudate: 4:35pm On Sep 26, 2017
agadez007:
Somebody have corrected you up there,Igwe is a multi-lingual song but you still head strong its Igbo

Continue,when you tire we will know

Didn't I tell you that Igwe is a Kanuri song? Why aren't you happy?

2 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by Ngozi123(f): 4:36pm On Sep 26, 2017
AlhajiAbdul:
Can any Yoruba man stand the sight of Ozoemena Nsugbe playing at a Yoruba wedding ?

I will consider it particularly offensive if a DJ tries to play Juju or Fuji music at an Igbo wedding. He is probably trying to impose his tastes on the guests or simply trying to ridicule them. Lamidi Adeyemi, despite his love for Oliver de Coque's Ogene Highlife, never invited him to play at Yoruba functions.

Just ignore them. As long as we Igbos know the truth about them then nothing else matters.

7 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by AlhajiAbdul: 4:36pm On Sep 26, 2017
You are online cos the time isnt ripe for skull mining
By evening, you will start hoping from cemetery to cemetery looking for whose skull to mine.
Hopeless offspring of demented parents.
laudate:

Your hypocrisy is unparalleled. Continue deceiving yourself, and pretending that you are deceiving others. I guess the lies you tell yourself, always give you a high. Typical ekwensu like you, will always see white and call It black. Everyone is an Afonja to you, because the juju those Afonjas cooked for you made it difficult for you to think straight.

6 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by laudate: 4:40pm On Sep 26, 2017
AlhajiAbdul:
Typical Afonja
He has been beaten to his game of lying
Bastards

Thank God everyone can read. sad Provide proof to show that Laudate is an Afonja, till now you are unable to do do so. Hehehe.... the way you keep chanting Afonja is hilarious. cheesy It shows their juju finally achieved it's aim in your life. Ndo. May you find healing for your affliction. And thanks for letting the world know you have been lying all along. You proved it by referring to yourself as a bastard. That name suits you perfectly. undecided

5 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by laudate: 4:42pm On Sep 26, 2017
AlhajiAbdul:
You are online cos the time isnt ripe for skull mining
By evening, you will start hoping from cemetery to cemetery looking for whose skull to mine.
Hopeless offspring of demented parents.

Wow! shocked You mean skull mining is what you do for a living? And then you actually roam around from one cemetery to the other? shocked
And you just called your parents demented? Kai! What a pity.

5 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by idealogical: 4:45pm On Sep 26, 2017
AlhajiAbdul:

Look at this tribal crusader wey no sabi read. The DJ was trying to impose his taste and ridicule igbo people when in fact the DJ was invited and paid by the igbo bride and the celebrant?

So, wetin concern the DJ with your wahala? Face the igbo celebrant with your tribal rubbish and leave the DJ alone.

4 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by 0m0nnakoda: 4:47pm On Sep 26, 2017
idealogical:
[b][/b]

Omoluabi folks don't go around abusing people and trashing other people's parents, this is what Nna people do. so you are unambiguously and obviously Nna.
Omo ti o ba gbon ni ile ita lo ma ti ko. To ba di ijo miran so fun iya re oni warapa ko ye ma be bi oya ko ma da si oro oloro. Mo daju pe ai won ku ire ti pade ko ni gba l'abo temi eleribu afori

3 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by idealogical: 4:56pm On Sep 26, 2017
[s]
0m0nnakoda:
Omo ti o ba gbon ni ile ita lo ma ti ko. To ba di ijo miran so fun iya re oni warapa ko ye ma be bi oya ko ma da si oro oloro. Mo daju pe ai won ku ire ti pade ko ni gba l'abo temi eleribu afori
[/s]

Stop barking like a dog abeg.
Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by laudate: 4:58pm On Sep 26, 2017
idealogical:
So, the MC get more power and relevance pass the owner of the party, the pesin wey pay the DJ and celebrant wey invite the DJ in the first place.? .

I hire pesin with my money and some foolish tribal warrior dey raise tribal shoulder say make the DJ waka comot. Who born am? grin grin

You people and your illogical tribal yearnings dey weak pesin sha. Una no dey measure your tribal chests at all grin grin

It sounds funny, right? wink I mean why would an Igbo celebrant decide to engage a live band playing only 'juju music, and the MC then decides to send them packing? Or didn't the person who hired them discuss the kind of music he wanted them to play, before asking them to start dishing out the songs? cheesy

4 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by laudate: 4:59pm On Sep 26, 2017
idealogical:
Look at this tribal crusader wey no sabi read. The DJ was trying to impose his taste and ridicule igbo people when in fact the DJ was invited and paid by the igbo bride and the celebrant?

So, wetin concern the DJ with your wahala? Face the igbo celebrant with your tribal rubbish and leave the DJ alone.

Can you see how illogical some of them sound?? shocked Especially the clown who you just responded to?

3 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by idealogical: 5:11pm On Sep 26, 2017
laudate:

It sounds funny, right? wink I mean why would an Igbo celebrant decide to engage a live band playing only 'juju music, and the MC then decides to send them packing? Or didn't the person who hired them discuss the kind of songs he wanted them to play, before asking them to start dishing out the songs? cheesy

I don't even think many of these tribal jokers read their own senseless and illogical post before hitting submit.

3 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by idealogical: 5:12pm On Sep 26, 2017
[s]
0m0nnakoda:
Your mother will bark till she dies.She will die barking
[/s]

Back to sender.
Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by prodigy24: 5:16pm On Sep 26, 2017
I remember when I called on a radio station in Lagos, and requested to play me phyno song "what are you waiting for" the OAP told me that they don't play that kind of song in Lagos. I was very angry, because it was a very popular song in the east back then. I requested Sky B he turned me down and cut me off. This writer belongs to those efulefu, that don't know their root. In Igbo land it is not difficult to see and Igbo man playing Fela,sunny Ade and some Yoruba musicians, you will also see Igbo man in Yoruba agbada. But you won't see such from Yoruba. I remember where some group of movie practitioners from Yoruba, protested against Igbo artist preference in movies and many other things they complained of.
When it comes to tribalism, Igbo people are learners. They are just returning what the other tribes have been heaping on them since.

8 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by 0m0nnakoda: 5:26pm On Sep 26, 2017
idealogical:
[s][/s]

Back to sender.
Woof Woof !! She will die
Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by idealogical: 5:30pm On Sep 26, 2017
[s]
0m0nnakoda:
Woof Woof !! She will die
[/s]

Back to sender.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Alex Ekwueme’s Body At His Enugu Residence (Photos) / Ganduje Agrees To Pay 30,000 Minimum Wage With Additional N600 (N30,600) / Abubakar Tafawa Balewa: The First And Only Nigerian Prime Minister In His Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.