Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,878 members, 7,828,125 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma (32859 Views)

APC Lawyers Are Jokers Nigeria Constitution Forbids Ex Post Facto Law- Tochukwu / Tochukwu Sullivan And Lynn Pre-Wedding Photos / Court To Abaribe, Immanuel El-Shalom, Tochukwu Uchendu: Provide Nnamdi Kanu Or? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by BabaRamota1980: 5:14am On Sep 26, 2017
Nigerians abeg if you see people dress like this which music will you play for them to dance? grin

Notice the caption where Iboman lied and told the non-aware BBC reporter that this is Igbo. Can you imagine?

9 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by BabaRamota1980: 5:27am On Sep 26, 2017
I like how they caption these pictures "Igbo Traditional" but dressed in Yoruba outfit and do not want to dance Pasuma.

11 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by KINGOFTHEEAST: 6:03am On Sep 26, 2017
laudate:

Well, I wish I had known that this topic would come up for discussion. Maybe I would have made a video recording of an event I attended last week. I went to a traditional introduction party held for a Yoruba couple recently and guess what song the bride chose to herald her entry into the hall? It was a gospel song titled Igwe sung by Midnight Crew which was led by Pat Uwaje -King.

Igwe is an Igbo gospel track that is quite popular in a lot of churches today.
1 kilobyte of sense don't Igbo's play Yoruba music in wedding again ....we are talking about musical band groups

2 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by zinizta: 6:39am On Sep 26, 2017
ACCURATE WRITE-UP

3 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by Ngokafor(f): 6:45am On Sep 26, 2017
meccuno:
but why would a DJ with common sense be playing juju music in a crowd of igbo people? people should respect others for heavens sake. have u ever seen a yoruba gathering where osadebe is played? people should stop raising unnecessary dust

Dont mind the hypocrites making useless noise here....Will a yoruba wedding have Igbo music played at their wedding??...

Hypocrites everywhere..nonsense.

16 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by Ngokafor(f): 6:48am On Sep 26, 2017
WisdomFlakes:
Smh. Every tribe in Nigeria is tribalistic to some degree, but igbos are the biggest and most tribalistic in this country. Even amongst themselves. That is just the truth.

Common keep quiet....You yorubas are twice as tribalistic as Igbos...Lying and playing to the gallery appears to be your forte...Have you as a yoruba person ever attended your tribe's wedding where Igbo music was played?..mscheww

16 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by FTbomb(m): 6:56am On Sep 26, 2017
BabaRamota1980:
I like how they caption these pictures "Igbo Traditional" but dressed in Yoruba outfit and do not want to dance Pasuma.
one misguided writer can not speak for an entire region. as you can see, most igbos here asked for the deletion of this thread.

1 Like

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by bkool7(m): 6:59am On Sep 26, 2017
Homeboiy:
What a nice trash he wrote

Nonsense people promoting tribalism

Now who can tell me the moral lesson if this long trash
Obviously, someone of your nature cant

You cant even recognise the truth if you crashed right into it

5 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by Nobody: 7:01am On Sep 26, 2017
WisdomFlakes:
Smh. Every tribe in Nigeria is tribalistic to some degree, but igbos are the biggest and most tribalistic in this country. Even amongst themselves. That is just the truth.

Have u drank mud again or are u high on weed
Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by bkool7(m): 7:03am On Sep 26, 2017
Ngokafor:

Common keep quiet....You yorubas are twice as tribalistic as Igbos...Lying and playing to the gallery appears to be your forte...Have you as a yoruba person ever attended your tribe's edding where Igbo music was played?..mscheww

One thing you must unfortunately admit.is that the Yorubas are deeper and richer musically compared to the Igbos .

Moreover, the even narrated by the writer was not entirely igbo

8 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by ProWalker: 7:03am On Sep 26, 2017
Timbuktuo:
The author is right. It is normal to expect Igbo songs at an igbo/igbo dominated event. Perhaps the MC was too brash in rejecting the band. He could have arranged for them to play a little of what they know and have the DJ play songs igbos would like to listen to. Everybody is happy. Tact and diplomacy are very crucial attributes to possess.

You can never ever use those two words in relation to iģbos.
Igbos dont posses those two remotely

18 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by I888(m): 7:06am On Sep 26, 2017
Homeboiy:
What a nice trash he wrote

Nonsense people promoting tribalism

Now who can tell me the moral lesson if this long trash
i tire oooooo ha my God
Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by bkool7(m): 7:08am On Sep 26, 2017
All i jus wanna ask the op is
Why u post this in politics?
Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by Nobody: 7:12am On Sep 26, 2017
laudate:

Well, I wish I had known that this topic would come up for discussion. Maybe I would have made a video recording of an event I attended last week. I went to a traditional introduction party held for a Yoruba couple recently and guess what song the bride chose to herald her entry into the hall? It was a gospel song titled Igwe sung by Midnight Crew which was led by Pat Uwaje -King.

Igwe is an Igbo gospel track that is quite popular in a lot of churches today.

Thats a christian song.....not a juju song played by those terrorist
Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by Ngokafor(f): 7:14am On Sep 26, 2017
bkool7:

One thing you must unfortunately admit.is that the Yorubas are deeper and richer musically compared to the Igbos .

Moreover, the even narrated by the writer was not entirely igbo

Please shift with your comedy..Your juju music noise is 'richer and deeper'indeed...

Anyway i am not here for childish comparism..my point is that it is laughable that yorubas well known for their tribalistic nature in politics,offices,social gathering and even churches will accuse Igbos of being 'tribalistic'...Its a crime against humanity.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by Nobody: 7:14am On Sep 26, 2017
laudate:

You are just like your brother Nnamdi Kanu. You do not think before you spew out your verbal rubbish.

And u behave like frustrated Abiola....who is titled as

Father of all frustrated yorubas....lolzzzz

Dont forget june 12

1 Like

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by mightyhazel: 7:15am On Sep 26, 2017
WisdomFlakes:

Where did you hear that I oppose Biafra? Left to me everybody will go their separate ways in peace. You people are full of hate. You hate Yoruba people, you hate Hausa people, You hate Muslims whether they be Yoruba or Hausa Muslims. The only people you don't hate are those you feel you can dominate. Smh.
don't be silly...

igbos are the most, if not the only detribalised Nigerians.

aside campaign pictures, how many times will u see an obj buhari or a jonathan, wearing igbo attires or even visiting n having properties in the east?

but i see igbos dorning all kinds of Nigerian attires, goin to all Nigerian towns ,interacting, investing heavily n paying tax to host communities..

so shed ur silly n dubious notions on who is tribslistic or not...

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by Malawian(m): 7:16am On Sep 26, 2017
BabaRamota1980:

He mistook them for Yoruba because they had on Yoruba owambe attires. So he played a matching tune.

The moral of the story -
Stop dressing like Yoruba if you dont want to dance to Yoruba tunes.
So they dressed like Yoruba and are still tribalistic?

6 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by freeapostle: 7:18am On Sep 26, 2017
Nothing can stop the ethnic, religious and cultural dichotomy, the only thing is to build separate houses for each wife, you can't marry 250 wife's and expect to feed in the same pot without fight.
Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by Nobody: 7:20am On Sep 26, 2017
Kingspin:
Igbo's are always on defensive when it come to issue of Nigeria... Each time you laugh at them they come out to defense before you completely humiliate them. That's the Truth. Let every Nigerian be.. I wish... I would have prefer the ceremony go on without the tribal drama. It a pity where we found ourselves.
I really love to travel to Kaduna, Kano, Lagos, porthacourt or Enugu and live in peace and my safe well guarantee by local leaders, police and the army but looking at some of events obviously happening around the Nigeria one will it is not well with Nigeria.. We need to speak up and understand that peace in Nigeria will only benefit all..

No way....stay at ur fatherland....the zoo must collapse and cease to exist......to your tents oh isreal
Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by Nobody: 7:26am On Sep 26, 2017
And yorubas will finish writing rubbish and use igbo name as the writer....
Gosh these guys never cease to amaze me at ther hypocrisy.

13 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by Nobody: 7:27am On Sep 26, 2017
Your there trying to deal with racism and your fighting tribalism on top of it all.
Atleast instead of telling them to leave since he is a member of the church, you could have told not play and just observe the wedding. The way hate will now be flowing in the church of God.
Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by SonofDevil: 7:37am On Sep 26, 2017
agadez007:
but you called it an Igbo gospel music when the Yoruba content in it is more than 50%
liar and first class hypocrites

Eze ndieze
Idi egwo
Onye nabia ozo
Onyedikagi
Onyedikachukwu
Omalecha
Agwuanechemba one
Bulie ya….elu
Bulie Jesus….elu
Bulie ya….elu
Bulie Jesus….elu
Bulie Jesus….elu
Bulie Jesus….elu
Bulie ya….elu
Bulie Jesus….elu
igwe….igwe
Halleluyah….igwe
igwe….igwe
Aii….igwe

First verse was mixture of yoruba and English the second verse was strictly Igbo , the third verse was strictly English and the chorus was Igbo

Now tell me how is it 50% Yoruba lyrics

8 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by Prouddevil(m): 7:42am On Sep 26, 2017
Tribalism is deeply rooted in their blood.

4 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by WisdomFlakes: 7:43am On Sep 26, 2017
mightyhazel:
don't be silly...

igbos are the most, if not the only detribalised Nigerians.

aside campaign pictures, how many times will u see an obj buhari or a jonathan, wearing igbo attires or even visiting n having properties in the east?

but i see igbos dorning all kinds of Nigerian attires, goin to all Nigerian towns ,interacting, investing heavily n paying tax to host communities..

so shed ur silly n dubious notions on who is tribslistic or not...

Did you read that piece at all? It was written by an igboman and succinctly captures the paradox inherent in the igbo man. He does not mind going to other places to enjoy their tolerance and large-heartedness, even though in his heart he hates them and would not return the favour or show such magnanimity to non-igbos in igboland. How many non-igbos do you people employ in your markets? Even among yourselves you discriminate, not to talk of towards outsiders. Didn't Enugu people fired Anambra workers from their civil service, or Abia fired non-indigene igbos? You people don't hide your hatred for non-igbos on this website, and you have extended that to non-christians. Who else does that in this country? Even the writer confirms that hatred. You people should learn to tolerate other Nigerians the same way they have always tolerated you.

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by agadez007(m): 7:58am On Sep 26, 2017
SonofDevil:
liar and first class hypocrites

Eze ndieze
Idi egwo
Onye nabia ozo
Onyedikagi
Onyedikachukwu
Omalecha
Agwuanechemba one
Bulie ya….elu
Bulie Jesus….elu
Bulie ya….elu
Bulie Jesus….elu
Bulie Jesus….elu
Bulie Jesus….elu
Bulie ya….elu
Bulie Jesus….elu
igwe….igwe
Halleluyah….igwe
igwe….igwe
Aii….igwe

First verse was mixture of yoruba and English the second verse was strictly Igbo , the third verse was strictly English and the chorus was Igbo

Now tell me how is it 50% Yoruba lyrics
dosent make it an Igbo gospel music
Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by agadez007(m): 8:01am On Sep 26, 2017
Prouddevil:
Tribalism is deeply rooted in their blood.
You that is detribalised,could you pls organise an Owambe and Invite Igbo band,i will recommend Chijioke Mbanefo or Sunnybobo and put the video on Youtube,lets watch

13 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by mightyhazel: 8:30am On Sep 26, 2017
WisdomFlakes:

Did you read that piece at all? It was written by an igboman and succinctly captures the paradox inherent in the igbo man. He does not mind going to other places to enjoy their tolerance and large-heartedness, even though in his heart he hates them and would not return the favour or show such magnanimity to non-igbos in igboland. How many non-igbos do you people employ in your markets? Even among yourselves you discriminate, not to talk of towards outsiders. Didn't Enugu people fired Anambra workers from their civil service, or Abia fired non-indigene igbos? You people don't hide your hatred for non-igbos on this website, and you have extended that to non-christians. Who else does that in this country? Even the writer confirms that hatred. You people should learn to tolerate other Nigerians the same way they have always tolerated you.
all these stale air and u still could not answer my simple questions..

how many times do u see an hausa or yoruba man freely dorn any tire other thsn his..? nor invest outside of his land?? and ur heretalkin poo about tribslism.

as per working in market places.. be sincere to urself,.. howmany of ur ppl has the patience, ruggedness n perseverance to endure the rigours of the typical nigerian trade? or u think its tea party? how many of u can resume in a shop 6am and endure till 8pm without leisure for 6 to 7 days in d week? same reason u dont work n live with herdsmen in bushes is same reason u can't thrive in typical nigerian mkts... so stop d Silly dubious lies abt igbo tribalism.. we kne the real tribalists and nepotists in Nigeria.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by WisdomFlakes: 8:43am On Sep 26, 2017
mightyhazel:
all these stale air and u still could not answer my simple questions..

how many times do u see an hausa or yoruba man freely dorn any tire other thsn his..? nor invest outside of his land?? and ur heretalkin poo about tribslism.

as per working in market places.. be sincere with urself,.. howmany of ur ppl has the patience, ruggedness n perseverance to endure the rigours of the typical nigerian trade? or u think its tea party? how many of u can resume in a shop 6am and endure till 8pm without leisure for 6 to 7 days in d week? same reason u dont work n live with herdsmen in bushes is same reason u can't thrive in typical nigerian mkts... so stop d Silly dubious lies abt igbo tribalism.. we kne the real tribalists and nepotists in Nigeria.

That is part of the tribalism the writer was talking about. Igbos are not the only people trading and doing business all over Nigeria. There are hard working and diligent traders and business people all over Nigeria, Africa and indeed the wholw world. Hardly will an igboman ever see, admit, or praise the good traits in other Nigerians. Rather he sees himself as the only hard working and diligent worker while every other Nigerian must be lazy and unsuccessful. You people are not more hard working than other Nigerians, ok? Unless you are the one putting food on other tribes table learn not to look down on others, ok? How would you feel if other tribes decide not to patronize your market and traders because of your crass tribalism? Will you still claim to be more hard working or a failure? This is the attitude the writer was referring to. You people just can't help yourselves. It has really eaten deep.

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by laudate: 8:43am On Sep 26, 2017
profmiganigal:

And u behave like frustrated Abiola....who is titled as

Father of all frustrated yorubas....lolzzzz

Dont forget june 12

The frustration is actually oozing out of you. Go and look for your senses where you forgot them.

3 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by laudate: 8:44am On Sep 26, 2017
WisdomFlakes:

That is part of the tribalism the writer was talking about. Igbos are not the only people trading and doing business all over Nigeria. There are hard working and diligent traders and business people all over Nigeria, Africa and indeed the wholw world. Hardly will an igboman ever see, admit, or praise the good traits in other Nigerians. Rather he sees himself as the only hard working and diligent worker while every other Nigerian must be lazy and unsuccessful. You people are not more hard working than other Nigerians, ok? Unless you are the one putting food on other tribes table learn not to look down on others, ok? How would you feel if other tribes decide not patronize your market and traders because of your crass tribalism? Will you still claim to be more hard working or a failure? This is the attitude the writer was referring to. You people just can't help yourselves. It has really eaten deep.
Gbam! You talk am well.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

'Revolution Now' Protester Arrested In Lagos (Photos, Video) / Another Trekker From Taraba To Abuja To Present An Award To President Gej-pix / Why I Avoided APC Convention – Kwankwaso

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.