Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,210 members, 7,829,338 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma (32878 Views)

APC Lawyers Are Jokers Nigeria Constitution Forbids Ex Post Facto Law- Tochukwu / Tochukwu Sullivan And Lynn Pre-Wedding Photos / Court To Abaribe, Immanuel El-Shalom, Tochukwu Uchendu: Provide Nnamdi Kanu Or? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by laudate: 8:47am On Sep 26, 2017
KINGOFTHEEAST:
1 kilobyte of sense don't Igbo's play Yoruba music in wedding again ....we are talking about musical band groups

Oh are you telling us that you have 1 kilobyte of sense?

1 Like

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by Prouddevil(m): 8:49am On Sep 26, 2017
agadez007:
You that is detribalised,could you pls Organise an Owambe and Invite Igbo band,i will recommend Chijioke Mbanefo or Sunnybobo and put the video on youtube
ok sir will do that when Jesus appear.

1 Like

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by colossus91(m): 8:52am On Sep 26, 2017
Hate Speech.......The guy should be branded a terrorist!! grin

1 Like

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by laudate: 8:54am On Sep 26, 2017
SonofDevil:
liar and first class hypocrites

Eze ndieze
Idi egwo
Onye nabia ozo
Onyedikagi
Onyedikachukwu
Omalecha
Agwuanechemba one
Bulie ya….elu
Bulie Jesus….elu
Bulie ya….elu
Bulie Jesus….elu
Bulie Jesus….elu
Bulie Jesus….elu
Bulie ya….elu
Bulie Jesus….elu
igwe….igwe
Halleluyah….igwe
igwe….igwe
Aii….igwe

First verse was mixture of yoruba and English the second verse was strictly Igbo , the third verse was strictly English and the chorus was Igbo

Now tell me how is it 50% Yoruba lyrics

Thank you, o! I no know say you sef see am.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by mightyhazel: 8:55am On Sep 26, 2017
WisdomFlakes:

That is part of the tribalism the writer was talking about. Igbos are not the only people trading and doing business all over Nigeria. There are hard working and diligent traders and business people all over Nigeria, Africa and indeed the wholw world. Hardly will an igboman ever see, admit, or praise the good traits in other Nigerians. Rather he sees himself as the only hard working and diligent worker while every other Nigerian must be lazy and unsuccessful. You people are not more hard working than other Nigerians, ok? Unless you are the one putting food on other tribes table learn not to look down on others, ok? How would you feel if other tribes decide not to patronize your market and traders because of your crass tribalism? Will you still claim to be more hard working or a failure? This is the attitude the writer was referring to. You people just can't help yourselves. It has really eaten deep.
u gat excellent penchant for dubiously going off point just yo seal ur dubious notions.. u failed to answer all the straight questions i asked.. and rather went on a noisy dubious rampage..

sorry i can't stand dubious ppl... bye

7 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by Guestlander: 8:58am On Sep 26, 2017
OjukwuWarBird:

Why then do you oppose their call for Biafra

So Biafra is going to be 100% Igbo, what type of country will that be?

2 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by omenka(m): 8:58am On Sep 26, 2017
For example, although, since 1999, no Igbo politician has made a serious run for the presidency, many Igbo already believe that there is a conspiracy amongst other peoples of Nigeria against an Igbo presidency.
The kind of lies these people tell. Was Ojukwu not an Igbo man? How many states did he win when he made an attempt at Presidency? Who conspired with them not to vote Ojukwu? Or were they expecting folks to FORCE them to vote for him?

This is the persecution complex and victim mentality we keep talking about. They ALWAYS imagine someone else is responsible for their problems.

God help you people.

15 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by dasanctuary(m): 8:59am On Sep 26, 2017
OjukwuWarBird:

Why then do you oppose their call for Biafra

Nobody opposed their call, seccesion is not allow in our constitution that's all.
Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by laudate: 9:14am On Sep 26, 2017
mightyhazel:
all these stale air and u still could not answer my simple questions..

how many times do u see an hausa or yoruba man freely dorn any tire other thsn his..? nor invest outside of his land?? and ur heretalkin poo about tribslism.

as per working in market places.. be sincere to urself,.. howmany of ur ppl has the patience, ruggedness n perseverance to endure the rigours of the typical nigerian trade? or u think its tea party? how many of u can resume in a shop 6am and endure till 8pm without leisure for 6 to 7 days in d week? same reason u dont work n live with herdsmen in bushes is same reason u can't thrive in typical nigerian mkts... so stop d Silly dubious lies abt igbo tribalism.. we kne the real tribalists and nepotists in Nigeria.

Stop judging the rest of Nigeria through your myopic lens. Several Yoruba people have investments outside their areas in the North, Niger Delta and elsewhere, even if they do not have substantial amount of investment within the South east. Haven't you seen Forte Oil petrol stations owned by Otedola's company and Conoil stations owned by Adenuga's firm? And several northerners like Dangote, Atiku, AA Rano etc have businesses scattered all over Nigeria.

Not every business man sits inside a local market doing petty trading like you chaps do, and start feeling important as if it is the best example of hard work. Most of the bureau de changes all over the country are owned and run by Northerners. Go and do your research.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by oboy3(m): 9:27am On Sep 26, 2017
Why play juju in an Igbo wedding
Even the Name "juju" self dey scary on its own

atleast,i have been to several parties of different Ethnics groups in Nigeria
Urhobos do not play Igbo at their weddings
Yorubas do not play hausa songs at their wedding
Idoma do not play Isoko music at their own weddings

why is this exactly bitting yoruba people,why are yorubas angered over this development,and why should yoruba music be played in Igbo weddings,Ndigbo no sabi play Keyboard or what?

Why is this even a topic self?!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by Kingspin(m): 9:40am On Sep 26, 2017
profmiganigal:

No way....stay at ur fatherland....the zoo must collapse and cease to exist......to your tents oh isreal
You could have also ask those Nigerians in Europe and other part of the world to return back to their father's land. But your opinion hold no water if it do let the authorities do the needful...

1 Like

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by OjukwuWarBird: 9:41am On Sep 26, 2017
dasanctuary:

Nobody opposed their call, seccesion is not allow in our constitution that's all.

Did you consult them before making them Nigerians.
Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by francisbarrack(m): 9:44am On Sep 26, 2017
IkpuMmiri:
[s][/s]

Would you have typed this rubbish, if the headline had read "Yoruba man orders Igbo band out his wedding party"

By now, you would have been swearing with Chukwu Okike Abiama, how you were hated in the zoo!

Yoruba will Neva do such... Mama zoo

6 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by gnykelly(m): 9:50am On Sep 26, 2017
WisdomFlakes:
Smh. Every tribe in Nigeria is tribalistic to some degree, but SE folks are the biggest and most tribalistic in this country. Even amongst themselves. That is just the truth.

i once work at ladipo market they delibrately shut out other tribe. i know what i'm saying they will push you out where ever they are.

10 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by paramakina202: 9:54am On Sep 26, 2017
laudate:

Well, I wish I had known that this topic would come up for discussion. Maybe I would have made a video recording of an event I attended last week. I went to a traditional introduction party held for a Yoruba couple recently and guess what song the bride chose to herald her entry into the hall? It was a gospel song titled Igwe sung by Midnight Crew which was led by Pat Uwaje -King.

Igwe is an Igbo gospel track that is quite popular in a lot of churches today.

And you believe Igbos do not play Yoruba songs in their parties?Do you know that many Igbo artist have Yoruba song tracks in their albums.

1 Like

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by BluntBoy(m): 10:00am On Sep 26, 2017
meccuno:
but why would a DJ with common sense be playing juju music in a crowd of igbo people? people should respect others for heavens sake. have u ever seen a yoruba gathering where osadebe is played? people should stop raising unnecessary dust

Is Osadebe a style of music? Juju music is a style of music. The band was playing juju music with English lyrics.

9 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by oboy3(m): 10:07am On Sep 26, 2017
gnykelly:

i once work at ladipo market they delibrately shut out other tribe. i know what i'm saying they will push you out where ever they are.
an Igbo cannot get a shop at Owode motor Parts market,the market is located along Ikorodu road,dont take my word for it,go ask for any Igboman in Owode market

4 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by Nobody: 10:14am On Sep 26, 2017
Kingspin:
You could have also ask those Nigerians in Europe and other part of the world to return back to their father's land. But your opinion hold no water if it do let the authorities do the needful...

they are not as terrorising as u people.....anywhere u people settles bleeds terrorism.... when two or more of una breed stays together a terrorist emerge
Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by meccuno: 10:28am On Sep 26, 2017
Ballmer:
. This senselessness you conjured could be seen from a different perspective e.g. why should any Igbo be a manager of any institution in Yoruba land ? I have been to countless shows in Lagos and Oliver de coque music was played I did not ask the DJ out. Sick insane Igbo everywhere, if it was any Igbo artist that was asked out in Lagos like that dimwits among will start asking for Biafra.
u obviously do not have sense. if you do,u would know that a show is not meant for a particular tribe. there are different acts in the show and you probably would have known that oliver de coque was performing before you took your sorry ar.se there. moreover the show wasn't by force. and how would a human with a brain actually compare a show with a wedding or gathering that has more than 80% igbo to a show with mixed tribe? another example is an apostolic church which is predominantly yoruba. there a igbos there. so because you hv igbos there,you invite chioma jesus to come and lead praise? please if you dont hv sense,dont quote me abeg.

1 Like

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by meccuno: 10:31am On Sep 26, 2017
BluntBoy:

Is Osadebe a style of music? Juju music is a style of music. The band was playing juju music with English lyrics.
igbos dont like juju music. they love high life. the only igbos i know who listen to juju are the ones who grew up in the SW. i listen to sunny ade,ebenezer obe doesnt mean others would like it.

7 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by dasanctuary(m): 10:49am On Sep 26, 2017
OjukwuWarBird:

Did you consult them before making them Nigerians.

Consult who? Did azekwue or whatever not an igbo leader? Do they sleeping during Amalgamation ? You better blame your leaders for their woe.

2 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by AlhajiAbdul: 10:50am On Sep 26, 2017
Mumu
So Igwe is now an Igbo song
Afonja head slamming moozlem slowpoke
laudate:

Well, I wish I had known that this topic would come up for discussion. Maybe I would have made a video recording of an event I attended last week. I went to a traditional introduction party held for a Yoruba couple recently and guess what song the bride chose to herald her entry into the hall? It was a gospel song titled Igwe sung by Midnight Crew which was led by Pat Uwaje -King.

Igwe is an Igbo gospel track that is quite popular in a lot of churches today.

6 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by Kingspin(m): 11:05am On Sep 26, 2017
profmiganigal:

they are not as terrorising as u people.....anywhere u people settles bleeds terrorism.... when two or more of una breed stays together a terrorist emerge
Is abroad there father's land? Well i wish you good in your pain..

1 Like

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by laudate: 11:09am On Sep 26, 2017
AlhajiAbdul:
Mumu
So Igwe is now an Igbo song
Afonja head slamming moozlem slowpoke

Yeah..... in your own ears, Igwe is an Hausa song, I guess. It shows how empty your brain is. That is also why you think everyone is an Afonja even though there are more than 250 other ethnic groups in Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by laudate: 11:14am On Sep 26, 2017
paramakina202:

And you believe Igbos do not play Yoruba songs in their parties?Do you know that many Igbo artist have Yoruba song tracks in their albums.

Is that what I said?

4 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by agadez007(m): 11:16am On Sep 26, 2017
laudate:

Yeah..... in your own ears, Igwe is an Hausa song, I guess. It shows how empty your brain is. That is also why you think everyone is an Afonja even though there are more than 250 other ethnic groups in Nigeria.
Afonja is one who sees red and calls it white,the name fits you damn well,wear it like a badge

8 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by laudate: 11:19am On Sep 26, 2017
agadez007:
Afonja is one who sees red and calls it white,the name fits you damn well,wear it like a badge
Provide proof to show that Laudate is an Afonja. The little sense God gave you, you forgot it in the market. We all know that. You are the liar that saw an Igbo song, and called it something else. Tell us the meaning of Igwe.

10 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by dasanctuary(m): 11:25am On Sep 26, 2017
profmiganigal:

No way....stay at ur fatherland....the zoo must collapse and cease to exist......to your tents oh isreal

My brother do you think the so called Biafra can succeed without others, I wonder what will become of SE if the independent is been given at last.

1 Like

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by agadez007(m): 11:29am On Sep 26, 2017
laudate:

Provide proof to show that Laudate is an Afonja. The little sense God gave you, you forgot it in the market. We all know that. You are the liar that saw an Igbo song, and called it something else. Tell us the meaning of Igwe.
tell us the meaning of Ko si oba bi re?

you lousy leprecaun

8 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by dasanctuary(m): 11:32am On Sep 26, 2017
mightyhazel:
u gat excellent penchant for dubiously going off point just yo seal ur dubious notions.. u failed to answer all the straight questions i asked.. and rather went on a noisy dubious rampage..

sorry i can't stand dubious ppl... bye

Don't runaway the truth is bitter

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Fayose Replies Yahaya Bello On Monopoly Of Stupidity Comment (Video) / Theophilus Danjuma, Jacob Zuma And Tinubu Now In Eagle Square / Massive Fuel Imports Continue As Refineries Fail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.