Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,107 members, 7,828,884 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma (32871 Views)

APC Lawyers Are Jokers Nigeria Constitution Forbids Ex Post Facto Law- Tochukwu / Tochukwu Sullivan And Lynn Pre-Wedding Photos / Court To Abaribe, Immanuel El-Shalom, Tochukwu Uchendu: Provide Nnamdi Kanu Or? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by Ngozi123(f): 12:43pm On Sep 27, 2017
diadem10:

Challenge what stupid hypocritic post? Like I stated earlier, you would soon know the difference between to be real victims and unsubstantiated wolf crying.

And you will know the full definition of the word "irony" when the Hausa-Fulani hegemony are through with you undecided.

4 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by diadem10: 12:47pm On Sep 27, 2017
Ngozi123:

And you will know the full definition of the word "irony" when the Hausa-Fulani hegemony are through with you undecided.

Lol. We are not the fleeing to other regions en-mass na.. Lol.

4 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by Ngozi123(f): 1:00pm On Sep 27, 2017
diadem10:

Lol. We are not the fleeing to other regions en-mass na.. Lol.

Lol. Neither are we... lol. undecided

4 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by Obi1kenobi(m): 1:00pm On Sep 27, 2017
diadem10:

Proceeds from the SW region. Note SW produces palm oil as well.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5472268_map_jpeg1ab7e5024a11a6625f5f822ed3a6dde1

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5472267_south_jpegc5c3eeecf58854e4e167f1f7b42a882b

Look at your cursed folks fleeing to Lagos en_mass around 1950 below:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2540456_img20150621004435_jpeg80fc312e3decee90571e704823bbf9a0

And how are we responsible for your cursed biafra destruction of the Niger Bridge? So, we can keep wasting the federal money in your cursed SE that produces nothing but keeps destroying the FG projects while we waste money rebuilding such projects yet the FG shouldn't do anything in Lagos where substantial revenues comes from? And you claim you're no tribalist? You're are one evil eediot. Only a fool take your attempt at disguise serious.

And I'm waiting on your facts to back up your stupid claim of Ikeja being under FG!

1) Your table does not in any way show how your cocoa and palm oil built Lagos. You're a fuckktard. grin It only shows the myth of the relevance of cocoa to Nigeria's economy, when palm products were Nigeria's main revenue earner, which was mostly from the Eastern region and what was once known as the Mid-West. You pretty much busted your own mooronic lie.
2)You said the Niger Bridge (which was built in the 1965) led to a massive influx of Igbos in the 1950's. Your own table again reiterates the massive contradiction. Are you an imbeciile? Do you know how to use statistics at all? Or you just post any nonsense and think everybody is a fellow simpleton like you who would swallow whatever garbage you churn out without scrutiny?

4 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by diadem10: 1:04pm On Sep 27, 2017
Obi1kenobi:

1) Your table does not in any way show how your cocoa and palm oil built Lagos. You're a fuckktard. grin It only shows the myth of the relevance of cocoa to Nigeria's economy, when palm products were Nigeria's main revenue earner, which was mostly from the Eastern region and what was once known as the Mid-West. You pretty much busted your own mooronic lie.
2)You said the Niger Bridge (which was built in the 1965) led to a massive influx of Igbos in the 1950's. Your own table again reiterates the massive contradiction. Are you an imbeciile? Do you know how to use statistics at all? Or you just post any nonsense and think everybody is a fellow simpleton like you who would swallow whatever garbage you churn out without scrutiny?

Eediot, it shows the southern proceeds, of which the Western region was providing 4 chunks of them (Cocoa, Palm oil, Kernel, Mahogany). Illiterate!

The second fact shows that Ibos came en_mass to Lagos in the 50's like folks fleeing from their cursed region!

And the final fact is you're one loser!

5 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by Obi1kenobi(m): 1:08pm On Sep 27, 2017
diadem10:

Lmao. Of course you would deny the fact that you envy Ibadan because that's your major recipe. It's no surprising considering you keep wanting to disguise your hateful heart but like we all know the Ibos, such hateful hearts can never be kept quiet.

And for the info, Your Anambra, Enugu are one cursed places with no infrastructure whatsoever. Call me when you have something close to the cocoa house in Ibadan. Bunch of losers!

You can delude yourself all you want. I've been to Oyo and it's pretty much a shiithole. Like every city in Nigeria, it has developed parts, but most of it is a an expansive mess of decay. Your "Cocoa House" doesn't refute the glaring decay in Oyo. There is absolute zero to envy, but like I said, keep deceiving yourself if it makes you feel better.

But I don't care for straying yet again from another theme that has developed in the thread. Just stop peddling your pathetic lies about Lagos that you feed to gullible people. Only Ikoyi was administered by the FG. grin

5 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by ApexPredator: 1:10pm On Sep 27, 2017
Wyttcat:
It's not like your people in US/UK have room for option when it comes to music bands, you have to get it from the source, which is Yoruba band to make it look like a real party. All Yoruba bands abroad play music celebrants can relate with so your twist and turn with lies is not going to cut it. The Yoruba band was just hired and ambushed to shame him just because he's Yoruba. You will only be able to do this for a very short time because even the dumbest people react to what goes on around them as time goes on.
Lol don't take it personal, Most Igbos are not feeling your music as evidenced by this thread. Different strokes for different folks. tongue

5 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by diadem10: 1:11pm On Sep 27, 2017
Obi1kenobi:

You can delude yourself all you want. I've been to Oyo and it's pretty much a shiithole. Like every city in Nigeria, it has developed parts, but most of it is a an expansive mess of decay. Your "Cocoa House" doesn't refute the glaring decay in Oyo. There is absolute zero to envy, but like I said, keep deceiving yourself if it makes you feel better.

But I don't care for straying yet again from another theme that has developed in the thread. Just stop peddling your pathetic lies about Lagos that you feed to gullible people. Only Ikoyi was administered by the FG. grin

At least, Oyo has got cocoa house as well as many sky scrappers. That can be said for your cursed region.

Nobody cursed you not to have infrastructures in your dead region as well as destroying the ones the Fg built neither did anyone curse your region to be landlocked. Every regions that have a sea got seaports! You can go hit your head if you're that pained. Bunch of hateful losers!

Show me where Ikeja was admisntered by the FG or keep quiet.

5 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by Obi1kenobi(m): 1:16pm On Sep 27, 2017
diadem10:

Eediot, it shows the southern proceeds, of which the Western region was providing 4 chunks of them (Cocoa, Palm oil, Kernel, Mahogany). Illiterate!

The second fact shows that Ibos came en_mass to Lagos in the 50's like folks fleeing from their cursed region!

And the final fact is you're one loser!

The Western region produced comfortably less Palm products than the Eastern region. What I expected you to do is for you to show me the comparative revenue contribution of the Western region and how it was used to develop Lagos rather than your failed attempt at spin. The regional governments were the federating units of the country with a proportion of revenue all going to the centre. The bulk of that revenue that was contributed to the centre was invested in Lagos: the capital of the damn country for 76 years. Almost 8 fucckiing decades! And you're here deceiving yourself that it was built with your cocoa and palm oyel money.

I didn't contest whether Igbos moved to Lagos in the 50's or not. You claimed the construction of the Niger Bridge led to the mass emigration which I pointed out was a stewpid claim. Then you posted a table that only refuted your own claim but you were too dumb to see it. grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by Obi1kenobi(m): 1:19pm On Sep 27, 2017
diadem10:

At least, Oyo has got cocoa house as well as many sky scrappers. That can be said for your cursed region.

Nobody cursed you not to have infrastructures in your dead region as well as destroying the ones the Fg built neither do anyone cursed your region to be landlocked. Every regions that have a sea got seaports! You can go hit your head if you're that pained. Bunch of hateful losers!

Show me where Ikeja was admisntered by the FG or keep quiet.

No, it has one skyscraper which is Cocoa house. No dey claim "many skyscrapers". I don't know what a skyscraper has to do with regional development either. Please, once again, stop foaming in the mouth in your rabid fit. You sound like you need your medicine. Don't let hate kill you.

4 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by ewa26: 2:25pm On Sep 27, 2017
Ngozi123:

The Igbo version of anything is always better but I'm biased so...
ok and what is jollof rice like in Igboland compared to ofe mmanu own
Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by Nobody: 2:39pm On Sep 27, 2017
ApexPredator:

Thanks for keeping it real unlike the hypocrites in the threads. They will never consider an Igbo band to come play Igbo songs on the one of the most important days of their lives yet , they are outraged.
A wedding is a very memorable day, my people just didn't want some people ruining the mood with shytty Yoruba songs. grin

I'm surprised no one saw the part where the writer said the juju song was in English.

3 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by Nobody: 2:44pm On Sep 27, 2017
idealogical:

1. Was there any other band or DJ (Specifically igbo band) at the wedding party hired by the igbo bride to play igbo music? No

2. Is it your reasonable conclusion that the band on their own invited themselves to the igbo event purposely to harass them with Yoruba juju music.?

3. Why didn't the bride herself object to the band's presence and even prevent them from playing Yoruba music?

4. Obviously, the band didn't show up uninvited or without any previous knowledge or discussion between the bride and the band and also, the fact that there wasn't any other band at the party means the band that showed up was the paid and invited band.

I doubt you read the article. it was a juju sing in English not Yoruba. and he was not hired.
Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by Afam4eva(m): 2:52pm On Sep 27, 2017
I think the OP is spot on and narrows my exact sentiments. Nobody is blameless, not eve the minority tribes. I have always said that Igbos have done as much harm to Nigeria as other ethnic groups. However, it doesn't annul the present reality of how Igbos are treated such that if Hausas were in our shoes, they will also call for a fair game. It is human nature.

5 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by Timbuktuo: 4:34pm On Sep 27, 2017
Wyttcat:
You guys will make excuse for anything. Why would a band play Yoruba song in ibos gathering?
They were invited by the bride smiley

2 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by diadem10: 12:23pm On Sep 28, 2017
Obi1kenobi:

The Western region produced comfortably less Palm products than the Eastern region. What I expected you to do is for you to show me the comparative revenue contribution of the Western region and how it was used to develop Lagos rather than your failed attempt at spin. The regional governments were the federating units of the country with a proportion of revenue all going to the centre. The bulk of that revenue that was contributed to the centre was invested in Lagos: the capital of the damn country for 76 years. Almost 8 fucckiing decades! And you're here deceiving yourself that it was built with your cocoa and palm oyel money.

I didn't contest whether Igbos moved to Lagos in the 50's or not. You claimed the construction of the Niger Bridge led to the mass emigration which I pointed out was a stewpid claim. Then you posted a table that only refuted your own claim but you were too dumb to see it. grin

Which Western region produces less palm oil than the Eastern region? My father has Oil palm farms till today and get no less than 200 gallons per year and you're talking shite? If you know nothing, you had better keep quiet. Come to Ondo state and visit the village farms over here such as Banikemo, Eyingn etc and you will shut your Ugly mouth. And you don't know the Urhobo as well has got more palm oil than the entire South East? As a matter of fact, Ondo and Delta state were two major palm oil producing state and still do today whereas nothing can be said for your SE region today. Where are the palm oil in your region today?

And for the records, the FG had more need for Lagos than Lagos needed the FG because of its seaports which was built through our revenues, not from your fucking parasitic region. Apart from this, I don't see what else the FG did at Lagos. The army barracks, offices etc offer nothing to us today. The only thing that brought civilisation to Lagos was the birth of the seaport which brought in major infrastructures and it's no one's fault that your region is cursed with landlockness because other regions that have sea have got their own seaport.

That said, I've always opined that You clowns moved to Lagos in the 50's whether it was by bush or your potopotor river, I don't fucking care! Just carry your stupidity and leave the city!

4 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by laudate: 12:28pm On Sep 28, 2017
Obi1kenobi:
No, it has one skyscraper which is Cocoa house. No dey claim "many skyscrapers". I don't know what a skyscraper has to do with regional development either. Please, once again, stop foaming in the mouth in your rabid fit. You sound like you need your medicine. Don't let hate kill you.

Guy, when was the last time you went to Ibadan, or visited other parts of Oyo state? That state has more than one skyscraper now, oh! wink

cc:kn23h

1 Like

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by diadem10: 12:34pm On Sep 28, 2017
Obi1kenobi:

Later, you would open your ugly lying mouth and claim to have visited Ibadan many time.. Fucking weasel with no shame!

Ibadan has got more skyscrapers than the whole SE region! Kiss the truth. it's only a hateful pretender like you that hate will kill! I really don't know what you gain by pretending and lying when we can see all what you embody. Loser!

2 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by diadem10: 12:42pm On Sep 28, 2017
Ngozi123:

Lol. Neither are we... lol. undecided
You mean those Ibo notherners are aliens, right?
Yeye.

2 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by laudate: 12:58pm On Sep 28, 2017
diadem10:
You mean those Ibo notherners are aliens, right?

Yeye.

Oh lawd.... una no go take laugh kill person for dis place!! cheesy

1 Like

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by googi: 12:59pm On Sep 28, 2017
In that same USA, at a Yoruba event, Igbo dancers were invited. These dancers sang in Igbo and all applauded.

Nobody voiced any complaint, even if they secretly had it.

2 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by Fawklicant: 2:12pm On Sep 28, 2017
I've never been to yoruba party and heard anything remotely resembling igbo or hausa music. Neither have I been to any hausa gathering and heard igbo or yoruba music. The writer is just some lousy (likely a non igbo) fellow creating unneccessary mischief.

2 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by Obi1kenobi(m): 2:24pm On Sep 28, 2017
diadem10:

Which Western region produces less palm oil than the Eastern region? My father has Oil palm farms till today and get no less than 200 gallons per year and you're talking shite? If you know nothing, you had better keep quiet. Come to Ondo state and visit the village farms over here such as Banikemo, Eyingn etc and you will shut your Ugly mouth. And you don't know the Urhobo as well has got more palm oil than the entire South East? As a matter of fact, Ondo and Delta state were two major palm oil producing state and still do today whereas nothing can be said for your SE region today. Where are the palm oil in your region today?

And for the records, the FG had more need for Lagos than Lagos needed the FG because of its seaports which was built through our revenues, not from your fucking parasitic region. Apart from this, I don't see what else the FG did at Lagos. The army barracks, offices etc offer nothing to us today. The only thing that brought civilisation to Lagos was the birth of the seaport which brought in major infrastructures and it's no one's fault that your region is cursed with landlockness because other regions that have sea have got their own seaport.

That said, I've always opined that You clowns moved to Lagos in the 50's whether it was by bush or your potopotor river, I don't fucking care! Just carry your stupidity and leave the city!

Read this:
https://www.nairaland.com/3978186/palm-oil-production-states-nigeria
Check the table in page 15 of this:
http://www.ndpifoundation.org/images/researchreports/reports/Palm-Oil-Value-Chain-Analysis.pdf
Check the illustrations of production on page 8 in this:
http://www.fao.org/3/a-at585e.pdf

The biggest palm producers in the country curently are Akwa-Ibom and Cross River comfortably. Followed by Abia and Imo. Ondo state, the biggest palm producer in the SW barely produces about half what each of Abia and Imo produces. Ondo is the only state from the SW in the top 10. There are 2 former states from the former Midwest in Delta and Edo. The remaining 7 of the top 10 are states that fell under the former Eastern region. The very fact you needed me to show you stats shows up your historical illiteracy. Everyone of secondary school age would have known the former Eastern region of Nigeria produced the bulk of Nigeria's Palm produce and anyone who has travelled through the SE and SS would see the legacies from the era in the Palm plantations everywhere. And no, Urhobos don't produce more palm oil seeing as the whole of Delta state produce comfortably less than Abia and Imo. You keep on manufacturing fake, junk facts from your arse to support your nonsensical chest-beating and the few statistics, you post, you have no analytical ability to properly contextualize them. I'm clearly wasting my time with a dumb fucckktard.

Again, post the evidence that the FG and the colonialists built all they did in Lagos through "your" revenues. If you're dreaming I'll allow you wriggle away with posting fake, unsubstantiated, chest-beating twaddle, think again. Post the evidence here for me. Simple.

Oh, so you acknowledge the seaport created the opportunity for Lagos to attract industries and investors. I thought it was because you were "accommodators". My very first response to the nonsense on this thread was to state Lagos' strategic location was the foundation for its development, so you're actually agreeing with me, though I'm not surprised you're too dumb to see it.

So now you don't care again how we came to Lagos? I thought it was because we had a new bridge. We got the bridge in '65, then time-traveled back to the 50's in Lagos after we reached Asaba. At least, by the twisted way your brain works. grin

3 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by Obi1kenobi(m): 2:33pm On Sep 28, 2017
laudate:

Guy, when was the last time you went to Ibadan, or visited other parts of Oyo state? That state has more than one skyscraper now, oh! wink

cc:kn23h

No, it doesn't. It has one which is Cocoa House. You can see it here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Skyscrapers_in_Ibadan
Or here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tallest_buildings_in_Nigeria

Of all the tallest 35 buildings listed as skyscrapers there, all are in Abuja or Lagos except that one in Ibadan. That's all fine and good that they have one. Congrats. No need to claim more than that.

By the way, you always say you're not Yoruba, but is there a particular reason you're a hardcore Yoruba cheerleader on any Igbo/Yoruba thread? Yoruba spouse? Yoruboid minority group?

1 Like

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by Greenback: 2:39pm On Sep 28, 2017
wristbangle:

Nigeria joll of rice is the same everywhere just that IPOB may say their version of joll of rice is the most delicious on earth and it's even what angels eat in heaven undecided
of cos nah...not that broom beaten oilH2o concortion that looks like... grin
Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by laudate: 2:43pm On Sep 28, 2017
Obi1kenobi:
No, it doesn't. It has one which is Cocoa House. You can see it here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Skyscrapers_in_Ibadan
Or here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tallest_buildings_in_Nigeria

Of all the tallest 35 buildings listed as skyscrapers there, all are in Abuja or Lagos except that one in Ibadan. That's all fine and good that they have one. Congrats. No need to claim more than that.

By the way, you always say you're not Yoruba, but is there a particular reason you're a hardcore Yoruba cheerleader on any Igbo/Yoruba thread? Yoruba spouse? Yoruboid minority group?
Guy, when was that Wikipedia list compiled? I do believe it is not totally accurate. sad So let me do some research and get back to you.

What do you mean by I am a 'hardcore' Yoruba cheerleader? Is it because I have tried to debunk erroneous claims about them, or tried to highlight some of the good qualities they have, which I find interesting? I have also done that for a few other ethnic groups, too. cheesy

I have lived, studied and worked in the SW, so maybe that explains why I know a lot about them. I am not married, so I do not have a Yoruba spouse, neither am I from a Yoruboid minority group (not sure what that means though!). undecided I come from a very different minority ethnic group, but I have family members who have Igbo, Yoruba, Fulani, Igala, Edo, Bura, Gbagyi, Nupe and Efik spouses. I also have relatives that are drawn from other different ethnic groups. undecided

2 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by googi: 2:49pm On Sep 28, 2017
If what you mean by the post below is that you have never heard Igbo music in Yoruba parties, I will agree to the extent that only a band like Sunny Ade or Obe played.

Even when Aiyefele plays, he sings in Igbo and Hausa. If it is DJ, you must hear Igbo music. Actually Yoruba played them with some pride.

Please come here and say the truth. What I cannot imagine is some Yoruba getting up and rudely saying he does not want Igbo music. He will be shouted down.

The only complaint we get from Igbo is that enough Igbo music are not played.

The problem with Nigeria is that Igbo that agree with Yoruba are too scared of their people to come out. Trust Yoruba, it is their pride to support Igbo.

Fawklicant:
I've never been to yoruba party and heard anything remotely resembling igbo or hausa music. Neither have I been to any hausa gathering and heard igbo or yoruba music. The writer is just some lousy (likely a non igbo) fellow creating unneccessary mischief.

2 Likes

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by blackhinstan: 3:10pm On Sep 28, 2017
WisdomFlakes:
Smh. Every tribe in Nigeria is tribalistic to some degree, but SE folks are the biggest and most tribalistic in this country. Even amongst themselves. That is just the truth.

Are you Igbo?

if not shut up

Igbo not only love themselves the also love the Niger Delta people/

thats why they still voted Jonathan when Yorubas abandoned him.
Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by blackhinstan: 3:12pm On Sep 28, 2017
[quote author=mbhs139 post=60856375]

Perhaps you are still very young when the Igbos and Hausas were dancing to the tune of Sir Shina Peter's 'hit track (or is it album) Ace in the 90s. As a matter of fact, you need to ask about Sunny T, "Omo Nna to nko fuji", and a host of others.

Again, and in case you don't know or you have not heard, there's KWAM 1, and he has sung a lot of Igbo track. Not forgetting Alhaji Ayinde Barrister. These are renown Yoruba fuji crooners.

On a personal note, Osita Osadebe, Oliver De Coque, Onyeka Owenu, Uche Ibeto (the Jigida Queen, I doubt if you know her), Bongo Sigwe, and a lot of Igbo highlife songs, with some others whose name I can't remember at the moment, are my favourites musician.

Take this for instance:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2y2bTWg-Ko [/quote

Those where ibos in yoruba land not Igbos

(ibos are igbos who cant speak igbo)
Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by Obi1kenobi(m): 3:18pm On Sep 28, 2017
laudate:

Guy, when was that Wikipedia list compiled? I do believe it is not totally accurate. sad So let me do some research and get back to you.

What do you mean by I am a 'hardcore' Yoruba cheerleader? Is it because I have tried to debunk erroneous claims about them, or tried to highlight some of the good qualities they have, which I find interesting? I have also done that for a few other ethnic groups, too. cheesy

I have lived, studied and worked in the SW, so maybe that explains why I know a lot about them. I am not married, so I do not have a Yoruba spouse, neither am I from a Yoruboid minority group (not sure what that means though!). undecided I come from a very different minority ethnic group, but I have family members who have Igbo, Yoruba, Fulani, Igala, Edo, Bura, Gbagyi, Nupe and Efik spouses. I also have relatives that are drawn from other different ethnic groups. undecided

Thing is all your "debunking" always seems to be in favour of Yorubas though. I've never once seen you on any of the numerous threads where Igbos get attacked, and Lord knows there is no shortage of them all over this forum, doing this debunking. Instead, you even join in the ridicule. Which is why I was calling your objectivity into question. Since it's not a particular love for Yorubas, I'm guessing then you must have something against Igbos. Is that closer to the truth?

1 Like

Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by blackhinstan: 3:19pm On Sep 28, 2017
Obi1kenobi:

It's a multi-lingual song. Simples. And I was pointing out it doesn't add to the argument. Some people were mischievously citing it as some kind of proof of how detribalized other Nigerians are while portraying Igbos as close-minded bigots, when we're more open to other cultures than any other group in reality.

UNESCO SAID WE SHOULD NOT ALLOW OUR CULTURE TO GO INTO EXTINCTION

THAT WHAT IGBOS ARE DOING,, AND IT IS RIGHT

THAT WHY WE WANT BIAFRA AS WELL
Re: 'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma by orisa37: 3:23pm On Sep 28, 2017
We want Military Band to dance Python.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply)

Minimum Wage: Labour Settles For N66,500 Nationwide / Tinubu, Obasanjo Meet At Uzodimma's Swearing-In Ceremony (Picture) / Edo 2020: Ganduje And Uzodinma Visits Oshiomhole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.