Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,593 members, 7,816,462 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:33 AM

Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? (12178 Views)

How Oritsejafor Deceived Jonathan – Okotie; He Wants To Be Popular – CAN / Chris Okotie's Message For Jonathan & Buhari / Do Fresh Party Still Exist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by tolutope(m): 12:48am On May 04, 2006
i wonder why people can't c people for who they are,  watching his programme with a clear conscience, really makes a lot of sense,  he isnt difficult to follow and if you really listen you'll find out that his ministry is a kind of 'hit the nail on the head' ministry,  he doesnt beat around the bush,  he gives u insight as to what on a good day u would have read and interpreted as normal,  E.G. ''the Lord is my sherperd, I shall not want, '' simply put,  it means one wont lack with God on his/her side,  okotie's deep breakdown, "in those days sherperds tend their sheep.if u can appreciate those days den u'll know that sherperds are ready to even fight a lion in defence of their sheep, they make sure the sheep is well tended to and they are over protected and graze with total peace of mind, '' try and now picture God doing that for us'',  that is d way he preaches,  he vividly makes u understand each word or verse,  thats why his ministry is call THE APOKALUPSIS, THE REVELATION OF THE WORD,  at the end,  u can only wonder and appreciate and adhere to God more and understand life better,  4real,
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by micklplus(m): 6:00pm On May 04, 2006
in truth, i have been on this topic for over two hours reading and digesting different views of the forumites.
it baffles me to know that we really dont seek and appreciate change ! people seems to be carried away with the trivialities in which these soiled and corrupt politicians do their things. And i am most shocked to see and hear our youth speaking this way !
We have forgotten something which i am going to point out, NIGERIA CAN NOT BE WORSE OFF, IT COULD ONLY BE BETTER OFF, if you know what i mean.

I think, the average youth in Nigeria should give someone like okotie atleast, a chance to prove himself. he has proven himself. he is sooooo articulate . he is capable and he has shown interest in trying to do it right, why cant we give it to him?
Atleast, he is better than 99% of these first republic polictians. The man has got brains and extremely mangerial skill.
Like most people will agree, we dont need a ruler, we definately need a leader.

we should all stand up to our right and future ! let us all defragment this settings and lets try and make the right decisions ! we dont know what we can achieve with our votes ! the absolute power of vote !

We need change and we got to change things ourselves ! we need the young at heart.

A text has been going round for a while now '' he was in our school in 1976, he said we are the leaders of tommorrow. 30 years later he is still there. he used up our shares and now, he want to use the shares of our children and the shares of our kids yet unborn"

LIke i said earlier, Nigeria cant be worse off, it could only get better.

I will rather give A Chris Okotie my VOTE !!!
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by clintonty(m): 6:46pm On May 04, 2006
nigeria is known worldwide for highly significant rank of corruption, simply because she is made up mostly of corrupt politicians having their abode at the executive arm, legislature and judicial corner. senators like athur nzeribe will forever be in the senate house till democracy dies, and even continue to be there if possible the military exist. is righteous pastor chris going to succed having these people around? is his faith in the lord not going to be truncated by poisonous views of his political party?
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by dearzi(f): 7:39pm On May 04, 2006
Tolulope,
i get the strong feeling that you're a member of his congregation--good for you. "Clear concience?" you're kidding me right? what makes me watch it if it's not for the fact that i'm trying to get what he's trying to communicate? i'm not going to bother testing his anointing, but onething i do know is that, several times i have tried watching his program, and none of those times did i ever finish because he made he lost me a lot along the way. Too much grammer, and explanations that are inconsistent with the gospel--i won't be shocked if he even buys into the Davinci Code! my opinion.

Bottom line, Nigeria needs a change, and if Pastor Chris is that man, God will exalt his horn like that of a unicorn, but if not, let the "man of God" focus on his ministry. We're in the last days, and God's people need to do the work they're called instead of deviating from the work of the gospel. Is Pastor Chris' ministry in order? has he raised people that will take his place if he becomes president? what'll happen to his church? will he send them to other ministries? well, the vision is given to one man! i wonder if he's that man.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by TayoD(m): 8:18pm On May 04, 2006
Dearzi,

Thanks for your sincere concern about the Man of God and his Church. I'm sure you are praying for him daily for wisdom, knowledge and understanding. He can sure use your prayers at this juncture.

Anyway, while you may not understand what he is saying, I believe a lot of people do. And if you truly follow his teachings, he tends to repeat himself, saying the same things in different ways. This is my opinion, I find no better teacher of god's word than him. I live in the United Staes and have listened to a lot of preachers, and i dare say that he is absolutely uniques and gifted in the revelation of the scriptures.

I hope you are joking by the Davinci Code issue. Maybe you should read his book: "The last Outcast". It is written out in simple english and I'm sure you won't have a problem understanding his english. When you are done, tell me if you still think the same way about what you said.

His Church should be in good footing with various capable hands to deputise. Unknown to many, Bimbo Odukoya and her husband were trained by him, Anslem Madubuko and a host of other Christian leaders in Naija today, were trained by Okotie. So he has always done a good job with raising capable hands. He just does not believe in setting up branches like many do. He does not believe a Pastor should be subject to another Pastor, simple.

You do not understand his ministry and his mission better than he does. he has made it thus far because of doing what he believes is right even when people call him crazy. Wish him well, and stop talking as if you know better than he does.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by dearzi(f): 8:32pm On May 04, 2006
TayoD, i wasn't joking when i said it o! lol, lol, that's what i think! but then again, that's my perception of the man grin. Yeah, i read "The Last Outcast," and it was just another fictional book that surrounded the son of perdition--the devil. Indeed it didn't have too much grammer, but i can't seem to remember if i had a dictionary by my side when i was reading it.

I don't have anything against the man, he's a friend of my dad's, and a friend of my dad's my friend--i think! and that's how we got the book. I know he trained pastor Bimbo and Pastor Taiwo, and some other people. I happened to run into a paper that he gave the interview revealing how he trained them, and this was after Pastor Bimbo's death. There was something braggadocious about that interview--he single handedly turned the article from how wonderful she was to how such a good teacher he was!

About him being the best teacher, that i don't know about. I live in the States like you, and on TBN i see good preachers like Jetterson Franklin, Dr Creflo Dollar, Bishop T.D. Jakes, even the pastor at the local assembly i go to--these men are fired up when it comes to teaching God's word! they break it down and relate it to everyday activities, but Pastor Okotie , i don't know what's going on there.

Yeah, i don't understand his vision, and i'm open to understanding it, but till then. In the mean time, if you have his messages--ones that don't leave me confused in between, i'll be happy to listen to them. If he's got a website that has his messages, i just might check it out!
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by TayoD(m): 8:40pm On May 04, 2006
I'm off to Naija next month. I should probably pick some up.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by dearzi(f): 8:45pm On May 04, 2006
In all honesty, i'd try listening/ watching his messages. All the best in Naija, i take it you're a member of his church--good for you.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by TayoD(m): 8:57pm On May 04, 2006
I was one of his strongest critic (himself and Idahosa), until I met someone who was a member of his church. I just knew she was a christian, but I felt she was different. The way she thinks, talks and her manner of life was different from other christians I know. This got me to get closer and I found out she was a Householder. This knowledge prompted me to do a further study of the man and his teachings. I got tapes from her and listened, and ended up asking God to forgive me for my wrong perceptions and possibly some unlearned and negative things I had said about the man. I got so blessed from those teachings and received a totally different perspective that remains a blessing with me forever.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by dearzi(f): 9:09pm On May 04, 2006
Aaaww, i'm happy for you. Please tell me you're marrying the chic? cuz, i know some brothers in my church ended up there, cuz they followed the sisters there! nothing wrong with that. Well, i haven't found anyone to affect me so, hence i remain a skeptic. A friend of mine once went there, and she said they were told to come with 3 things: bible, note, and dictionary. She's still the way she was when we were teenagers. I know girls that've gone there, and i've not seen the impact ANY word has made on them.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by TayoD(m): 9:35pm On May 04, 2006
No man, I didn't marry her. Though that could have been possible. I'm married now and she remains one of my closest friends. She's in the U.K. now, but we still keep in touch.
Where do you get all these stories from about dictionary and so forth? Anyway, no doubt that each of God's messenger will have their crowd. No one is sent to everybody and there is no one that can appeal to every one. For instance, as much as I respect Oyedepo and Adeboye, I can't go to their churches. I know they are Men of God, but I just wont flow in that settings. Yeah, I went to Household the times I was in Lagos, and I got blessed spiritually, financially and every way you can imagine.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by dearzi(f): 9:52pm On May 04, 2006
Dude embarassed i'm a lady!!! but it's all good. Which my "stories" it's only one i told you o! well, you're actually the first person that has a good experience in that church. Another story i heard was that in that church the RMD's are the deacons of the church!

Yeah, every man of God has his own crowd. I get accused on being biased about men of God, that's just me--i'm content where i've found God, so i don't look outside. So i can understand why you won't/ can't go to their churches. I thought so too, until i found myself in an RCCG, but my heart still yearns to go connect with my church.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by TayoD(m): 9:58pm On May 04, 2006
My apologies dearzi. I just checked out your profile and realise we are in the same State of MN.
Check out how we have deviated from the topic.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by dearzi(f): 10:03pm On May 04, 2006
Ok, TayoD, back to the topic, Pastor Okotie should not run for presidency unless God places him there wink, is that better ok, where in MN? the twin cities?
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by somebody(f): 11:14pm On May 04, 2006
I believe that Chris Okotie would not be president anytime soon simply because of the corrupts ways of Naija. I personally don't have an opinion about whether he should be president or not. But having read most of the replies, I wonder why few people have so little faith in God. If we believe that God can make all things possible, why do you guys doubt that with God's help, Okotie cannot lead the nation.

Of course, we don't know the authenticity of this vision from God about him being president. But surely, if God has called him to lead the nation, He would guide him to be the best president we have had.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by Seun(m): 3:10am On May 05, 2006
I don't want him to be president. i don't trust pastors and I think his big grammar is a way to hide his ignorance.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by bami(m): 10:12pm On May 07, 2006
mr chris should stop tempting God.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by Grizzly(m): 10:18pm On May 07, 2006
bami:

mr chris should stop tempting God.
Dont tempt God urself. cool
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by MrBean(m): 7:15pm On May 08, 2006
only one question.

Did God tell him to run?

Maybe so but I seriously doubt it. What will happen to his flock when he is president? The pastoral ministry is one that involves caring for people. Is he going to leave them for four years?

The gifts and callings of God are without repentance. God will not call you into the pastoral ministry which is life-time calling and then switch gears half-way down the line to politics. He is not the son of man that he should repent. Unless Okotie didnt get his calling right the first time.

peace.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by kaynet(m): 7:35pm On May 08, 2006
did u say he didn't have a wife? let face the reality, rome was not build a day! he need to to start from the grassroot if he dreams of becoming the mr presi! true, he is a man of God but is God giving him the go ahead or he just want to like somnoe said
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by beyunce(f): 8:36pm On May 08, 2006
i dont support him thats for sure
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by bami(m): 7:03pm On May 09, 2006
grizzly, tempting God in what way
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by kodewrita(m): 11:38am On May 10, 2006
I thought this post was dead. I have a better chance of entering Aso rock than Chris Okotie. Believe you me, exxageration aside, muhammed abacha has a better chance of winning than he does, talkless buhari.

Each human has a mission assigned to him, he should stay with his evangelistic and pastoral mission of saving souls for the federal republic above and leave such lowly posts as president of the federal republic for lesser mortals like ATIKU or uzor orji kalu(i intend to vote for that guy if he runs.)
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by TayoD(m): 12:06pm On May 10, 2006
At the time he became a Pastor many of you said he should've never stop his blossoming music career. Now that he is running for the Presidency you myopic group are singing the same song. I'm glad he never sought advice from people like you who will only say that the best thing is to maintain the status quo.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by kemmy(f): 12:06pm On May 10, 2006
I would like to see Uzor Kalu Orji win, he's tried very hard to get to where he is now in politics and people from his place seems to trust him.

and let's see someone else do it instaed of the North and the West.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by Tetris(f): 12:55pm On May 10, 2006
i no read the prior posts o! but i no wan dis guy-man as pres.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by slimnike(m): 1:09pm On May 10, 2006
I want this man as president,[CHRIS].But the winner of the next election is already there waiting to take over or sworn in as president.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by kodewrita(m): 4:16pm On May 11, 2006
TayoD:

At the time he became a Pastor many of you said he should've never stop his blossoming music career. Now that he is running for the Presidency you myopic group are singing the same song. I'm glad he never sought advice from people like you who will only say that the best thing is to maintain the status quo.

@TayoD the fact that you are biased towards the man  and would like to see him win doesn't mean you should insult people who think otherwise. Myopic? He was asked not to shift to being a pastor because people felt he was basically insincere or possibly they thought it was possibly a gimmick. Obviously at the end of the day, some people liked his style. Know this, most people i know that go there are going there because of the baffs and rthe babes.
    I feel his running for presidency is a gimmick. If he is so concerned about the state of the nation lets firs test him in his local government and if he doesn't know where he comes from, Lagos is pretty liberal about states of origin, let him run for lg chairman (he might win) lets see what he can do with little resources and a smaller population before trusting the lives of 140 million people into his hands. The others are not neccessarily better but can be trusted not to rock the boat too hard.
    You are blinding yourself with emotion. rationally assess this and tell me if he deserves a vote to lead this nation.

Nobody likes the status quo as presently constituted, but that doesn't mean we shoul just throw a greenhorn into the most powerful seat in our nation's chariot. The bible says we should do everything to the glory of God. How is getting the presidential seat going to save more souls for God? you might raise the argument that he will reach more people that way Let me tell you that satellite tv is a better choice and is much cheaper and less likely to cause him to lose image.

He is nobody special and i don't feel leadership of a church (any church) necessarily makes anyone the choice to lead a nation otherwise the UN would be an ecumenical council of bishops, popes and imams.

To put it simply, lets not discuss this too much. THE MAN HAS ABSOLUTELY NO CHANCE OF BECOMING PRESIDENT IN 2007. enough said.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by dearzi(f): 4:30pm On May 11, 2006
@Kodewrita

Well said. I think that LG you want him to run for is even a bit too big, i want him to start from his church population--when they improve as Christians, and with the quality of the gospel they hear, then i'll agree that he should run for his neighborhood chairman. What makes him the leader of his church? because he's the founder? anybody can found something! and i'm sure people would follow, all they need is slight persuasion, especially in this generation where people are looking for feel good preachers!

I don't think he can make an impact in Nigeria, and nothing's going to change my mind on that issue. He shouldn't run for anything at all. He should continue, infact, in my opinion, start studying his bible and quit bamboozling his congregation with grammar.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by TayoD(m): 5:31pm On May 11, 2006
I have not insulted anyone and saying people are bieng myopic does not constitute an insult in my opinion.
I have said times without number that what qualifies him or anybody is not because he is a Pastor. His administrative skills is what I believe qualifies him as one. can you tell me and prove to me that baba has a better administrative skills than he does?
If Oyedepo or any other man of God in Nigeria runs for Prez, i will support them as well, not just because I believe they will stamp out corruption as much as possible, but because the only institution we find in Nigeria today that works and works well is the Church and after that the Banks.
Maybe you should go back and find out also what the critics say about the last Presidential debate. Okotie was way beyond the others in terms of vision and plans for the country.
The others never had any plans (Gani for one was just quoting statistics), but he did. He addressed almost every sector of the economy. I still believe one who has a plan and can articulate it, is much better than those who get there by making us believe no one else is capable of doing it. And once they are there, it is all a matter of trial and error.
No doubt, I am biased against him, but for a good reason. He is still the best of the bunch as far as I'm concerned.
Why does his Pastoral calling be a limitation to a man,s ability and capability. he is obviously multi-talented. I mentioned earlier that the guy has a system of health insuranc in place in Lagos that a lot of people now enjoy. As a lay-man, he has done that, now imagine what more he can do if in power.
Starting from a LG chairman or something is a weak argument when we know that the only way Nigeria can be changed for good is if it happens at the presidential level. besides, the only qualification David had to become the king of Isreal was to be a shepherd and to have the heart of a shepherd. Joseph also became the ruler of the greatest nation of his time without being a local government chairman. Maybe we should contemporise what we see from the scriptures, then we will see possibilities and not limitations.
Whether he becomes President or not is irrelevant as far as I'm concerned. I believe he has opened the door for many and has fired the flame of ambition and bravery in the hearts of Nigerians who are capable of making a difference but are too intimidated to take the first step.
Accusations that a lot of people you know go to the church for Babes only shows that you are mixing with the wrong crowd. I used to go to the church because I find no one else that teaches the Bible as good as he does in Lagos, and I've seen the fruit of those teaching in my life and in the lives of others, including those who are blessed through the ministers he reaised up.
As for Dearzi, common, you really think Okotie does not know the scriptures? I really don't think so. Apart from his excellent training in the U.S., with people like Marilyn Hicky his contemporary, you really don't have a point. Maybe is grammar really detracts you from what he is saying, but the nitty gritty of his message is not lost to a lot of people.
This is my opinion.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by dearzi(f): 6:25pm On May 11, 2006
@TayoD
grin You know me now! if i'm having nightmares about the man, should tell you there's more going on there! lol, plus i'm still waiting for the messages you'll give me that'll make me a believer. His message is lost on me o! i'm not a spiritual thermometer or anything, but i know when there's no rhema in a word, and i'm sorry i've not heard any. The only one i've heard is "apocalipso" or whatever, "apocalupsis" or something!

Honestly, If Oyedepo wanted to run, i'll go home to vote for him, to make sure every vote counts, i'll take up an extra job to pay for another Nigerian's ticket back home, so he can vote. That's a man with leadership skills. Not Pastor Okotie. As for him being the best teacher in Lagos? TayoD, please, don't make us fight o! i've got a black belt, lol, honestly we need to see so i can see the impact Chris Okotie has had on you, then i'll know what to do from there, lol, the members of his church are the RMDs, show me one strong leader that goes to his church, show me his fruits, then i'll say ok! i've not seen anything o! please, let's take this else where!

As for him being multi-talented, i heard he's the choir, the band, praise and worship team as well as the pastor of the church, is it true? that's what i heard o! since you were going there before, maybe you can tell me.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by TayoD(m): 6:46pm On May 11, 2006
Why do you think the guy does not have leadership skills? If you can vote oyedepo and not him, it shows you have a personality issue with him. I believe that is acceptable because in a way, there are men of God I flow with, and others that I do not flow with at all. It does not take away from my beign a Christian or their being annointed, it's just what it is. Just like I might have a certain endearment to the personality of some people, and I don't for others, the same thing applies here, but the basis of my relationship to all is LOVE.

Is it only RMD that you know that goes to his church? So anywhere RMD goes to worship makes the place a satanic place? By the way, RMD is no more than a worker in the children's church. At least, that is all I knew him to be.

As for his fruits - they are plenty. Pastors Taiwo and Bimbo Odukoya were trained by him, Pastor Anslem Madubuko was trained by him, a number of Pastors in Redeemed passed through his church and consider him a mentor. A number of churches have been set up and are supported by Chris Okotie. The problem many have is that they expect him to set up branches, and as far as he is concerned, it is not biblical. The sole purpose he believes branches are set up is for administrative reasons, but you can never find a backing for it in the scriptures.

You think of it, how many of the Men of God here in the U.S. established and controls other branches? they may have affiliations like Rhema does, but no Pastor ordains and calls another to head up another branch. I know this may lead to other arguments, but then, you can bring it on. I personally don't wee in the scriptures, the basis for setting up branches.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

NASS Expands 'Host Community’ To Mean Nigeria As A Whole! / FG Appoints Consultant To Trace, Recover Looted Funds (pic) / What Will Happen To Ex CJN Onnoghen?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.