Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,475 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:41 AM

Lady Lodged In Hotel By Married Man For 5 Days Threatens To Sue Him For Rape - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Lady Lodged In Hotel By Married Man For 5 Days Threatens To Sue Him For Rape (97580 Views)

My Friend Is Being Sexually Harassed By Married Men At Her Work Place / Lady And Her Uncle Lodged In The Same Hotel. Sparks Debate / Sex In The Kitchen By Married Couples (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Lodged In Hotel By Married Man For 5 Days Threatens To Sue Him For Rape by kay29000(m): 2:19pm On Dec 02, 2017
Daeylar:

Well, till they get to court, let's see.

Just sounds like she made the whole thing up though.
But the man should better have sense, as soon as she said she won't have sex he should have sent her home and not tried to bribe her with shopping.

Yeah, true, he should have sent her home that same day. But I guess he was thinking of the 30k or so he already spent in getting her down there. And he was thinking of the hotel money.
Re: Lady Lodged In Hotel By Married Man For 5 Days Threatens To Sue Him For Rape by queenfav(f): 2:20pm On Dec 02, 2017
legitnow:

Summation is given after the presentation of evidence.
That was just a mock closing argument from the prosecution.
Well "mock" is the key word. Again in practice, courts in Nigeria don't allow u to give opening and closing argument/statements like they do abroad. You can only adumbrate on issues in your final written address, and you have just a few minutes. Some judges won't even let u do that. You would just adopt your written address as you final arguments in the case, and the court adjourns for u judgment.
Re: Lady Lodged In Hotel By Married Man For 5 Days Threatens To Sue Him For Rape by legitnow: 2:21pm On Dec 02, 2017
lexy2014:
exactly rape is rape and it leaves a woman traumatised. So how can a traumatized woman now have d state of mind to go swimming after she was raped. How can a traumatized woman have d state of mind to go shopping and sleeping in d same room with d guy that "raped" her. Didn't she come along with her ATM card?

She is not a woman of financial independence. She is unemployed and in search of a life partner.

He took advantage of her circumstances for sexual exploitation and gratification.

1 Like

Re: Lady Lodged In Hotel By Married Man For 5 Days Threatens To Sue Him For Rape by Lalaska(m): 2:22pm On Dec 02, 2017
4Ken:
If a girl says she doesn't want to do and you still force yourself on her it's rape.

If a girl follows you to a hotel or to your house or office, even if she wears a mini skirt and no undies and she doesn't consent, it's rape.

If you and the girl are doing it and after a while she says stop but you don't stop, it's rape.

A lot of Nigerian men need to understand this.

Be speaking English. By travelling all the way from pH to Abuja is consent. By remaining in the hotel after the first incident is also consent. By going shopping and swimming during the day, only to have more sex in the night is also consent. She shouldve reported to the nearest police station or even the hotel management (assuming police don finish for Abuja) that she was being raped.
NO case here abeg. She was just being stupid.
And the all the married men that go about deceiving young ladies online, God is watcbing you.
Re: Lady Lodged In Hotel By Married Man For 5 Days Threatens To Sue Him For Rape by lexy2014: 2:24pm On Dec 02, 2017
legitnow:

She is not a woman of financial independence. She is unemployed and in search of a life partner.
life partners have finished in port harcourt. shes unemployed but she has money to chat on FB and send nude pix.Stories that touch.

1 Like

Re: Lady Lodged In Hotel By Married Man For 5 Days Threatens To Sue Him For Rape by legitnow: 2:26pm On Dec 02, 2017
lexy2014:
life partners have finished in port harcourt. shes unemployed but she has money to chat on FB and send nude pix.Stories that touch.

People go in search of greener pastures.

The Africans in Libya, went in search of greener pastures but fell victim to slavery.

There are no justification for committing a crime and blaming the victim is merely a means to excuse the crime.
Re: Lady Lodged In Hotel By Married Man For 5 Days Threatens To Sue Him For Rape by legitnow: 2:33pm On Dec 02, 2017
queenfav:
All that would be just entertaining the court, the main issue is to prove all the elements of the offence of rape. The judge may not record most of all u said because it has no bearing on the case for rape. What is your definition of false imprisonment? Didn't she admit to going to swim and shopping trips after the act? Their relationship was platonic yet they were exchanging nudes? What mission of getting to know a friend, that would make her leave her comfort zone to see a total stranger that could be even a murderer? Oga she never spent her own money, he booked a flight for her! So she never went with any money that got exhausted.

All you did here was prove my point.

He used his financial prowess to lure and hold my poor client under false imprisonment and then raped her severly. sad

Re: Lady Lodged In Hotel By Married Man For 5 Days Threatens To Sue Him For Rape by Bishoptallz(m): 2:38pm On Dec 02, 2017
See why most lawyers, deserves first row in hell, i fear that profession
legitnow:

In response, i did tell the court, that the predator lured my client into false imprisonment, after promising to take her shopping.
There were no concurrence of will and their relationship was purely platonic.

My client barely knew the defendant and was on a mission of getting to know the friend she had met over the internet.
Whilst my client was honest in her representation to the defendant, the same cannot be said for the defendant.

Throughout their interaction the defendant had made several misleading statement in his plot to lure the young and impressionable lady into false imprisonment.

He lied about his marital status.

My client is a decent lady from a respectable family with respect for family value and holy matrimony.
She had no intention to sleep with a married man but had exhausted the little money she had on transportation to meet the defendant who had mislead her through various forms of fraudulent misrepresentation.

A true friendship is based on honesty and truth, and had the defenadnt been honest about who he is and his marital status, my client wont have exhausted her finances on a journey to meet him.

My lord, my client is merely a victim of his fraudulent claims and deception. The defendant has a long standing history of luring women of working class background into false imprisonment and then raping them. Thereafter, he takes them shopping whilst disorientated and distress, to deter them from bring action for the offence of rape.

The mens rea element of rape, is intention and clearly the defendant has admitted that he had sexual intention.

The actus reus element is penetration without consent and evidently in my client testimony, he inserted his penis into her virgina and raped her severely without the consent of my client.

My Lord, the defendant should be prosecuted for the offence he had committed.

I rest my case.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Lodged In Hotel By Married Man For 5 Days Threatens To Sue Him For Rape by queenfav(f): 2:40pm On Dec 02, 2017
legitnow:

He used his financial prowess to lure and hold my poor client under false imprisonment and then raped her severly. sad
I wish you luck in Court. You will need lots of it.
Re: Lady Lodged In Hotel By Married Man For 5 Days Threatens To Sue Him For Rape by queenfav(f): 2:40pm On Dec 02, 2017
legitnow:

hahaha.. I give up on you. So she don be your client now now?lol

1 Like

Re: Lady Lodged In Hotel By Married Man For 5 Days Threatens To Sue Him For Rape by Bishoptallz(m): 2:43pm On Dec 02, 2017
Dohyn3:
;DThat "five-day rape" got me gringrin
it is serial rape gringrin
Re: Lady Lodged In Hotel By Married Man For 5 Days Threatens To Sue Him For Rape by lexy2014: 2:44pm On Dec 02, 2017
legitnow:

The Africans in Libya, went in search of greener pastures but fell victim to slavery.

There are no justification for committing a crime and blaming the victim is merely a means to excuse the crime.
our people going to Libya didn't go there to look for life partners and ur so called victim didn't go to abuja to look 4 greener pastures. She went there for fun as a runs girl. Now if u understand d trauma a woman experiences from rape, then from d story, d lady doesnt qualify 2b called a victim
Re: Lady Lodged In Hotel By Married Man For 5 Days Threatens To Sue Him For Rape by legitnow: 2:44pm On Dec 02, 2017
queenfav:
hahaha.. I give up on you. So she don be your client now now?lol

If we continue to leave Naija men unchecked, the women will become endangered species, becos Naija men are very dangerously turning offence to comedy. This is serious and that man definitely has a case to answer. We cannot treat these claims with child gloves even if the women are complacent. IMO
Re: Lady Lodged In Hotel By Married Man For 5 Days Threatens To Sue Him For Rape by ebby9z(m): 2:45pm On Dec 02, 2017
The part that annoyed me most was "we went for shopping" after she discovered he was married o, so you can spends married man's money but not his prick

May thunder from Sango collabo with that of Amadioha and Thor to fire this LovePeddler.

What is even wrong with the females of nowadays. It's like make up is beginning to erode their thinking faculty

1 Like

Re: Lady Lodged In Hotel By Married Man For 5 Days Threatens To Sue Him For Rape by billyG(m): 2:45pm On Dec 02, 2017
IT IS NOT RAPE YA ONLY GROUSE WAS THAT HE WAS MARRIED,U WANT HIM FOR YURSEF.
Re: Lady Lodged In Hotel By Married Man For 5 Days Threatens To Sue Him For Rape by encrypt(m): 2:49pm On Dec 02, 2017
This is certainly rape no doubt and With a good lawyer this can be well argued and she may get an out of court settlement.
But she really messed up..you can't tell me you didn't suspect he was married.
You kept asking and he kept dodging..its a yes or no question!
And you went there with the intention to have sex with him..so you should have gone through with your side of the bargain and then cut off all relations with him.
Next time use your head!

2 Likes

Re: Lady Lodged In Hotel By Married Man For 5 Days Threatens To Sue Him For Rape by enonche85(m): 2:50pm On Dec 02, 2017
lexy2014:
imagine person commot 4 PH go abuja and she no carry ATM card or she no get money 4 account.

More reason why I don't believe the story sef.
Re: Lady Lodged In Hotel By Married Man For 5 Days Threatens To Sue Him For Rape by Jonfort(m): 2:52pm On Dec 02, 2017
She should have call someone to send her money for TP the moment she fine out he is a married man. I feel sorry for her shaa

1 Like

Re: Lady Lodged In Hotel By Married Man For 5 Days Threatens To Sue Him For Rape by Texty: 2:59pm On Dec 02, 2017
Funny enough the girl is making it look like a real rape story cause she was not expecting the guy to be married cause if he wasn't married she wouldn't have called it rape. And I feel she is a gold digger she wants to collect money from the guy by suing him cause she knows he is loaded

1 Like

Re: Lady Lodged In Hotel By Married Man For 5 Days Threatens To Sue Him For Rape by Texty: 3:02pm On Dec 02, 2017
encrypt:
This is certainly rape no doubt and With a good lawyer this can be well argued and she may get an out of court settlement.
But she really messed up..you can't tell me you didn't suspect he was married.
You kept asking and he kept dodging..its a yes or no question!
And you went there with the intention to have sex with him..so you should have gone through with your side of the bargain and then cut off all relations with him.
Next time use your head!
Believe me this same gal will meet up with this man again if he requests her presence

1 Like

Re: Lady Lodged In Hotel By Married Man For 5 Days Threatens To Sue Him For Rape by encrypt(m): 3:02pm On Dec 02, 2017
Texty:

Believe me this same gal will meet up with this man again if he requests her presence
I do believe you!

1 Like

Re: Lady Lodged In Hotel By Married Man For 5 Days Threatens To Sue Him For Rape by Fourwinds: 3:08pm On Dec 02, 2017
dominique:
Sheesh!!! This is the stupidest rape allegation I've ever seen. What stopped her from packing your bags and returning to her base the moment she found out he was married? So she actually lodged in the hotel with him, allowed him to take her shopping more than once, she wasn't tied and locked up in the hotel o. It's because of idiotic girls like this that real rape victims are not taken seriously and often mocked.

Truth of the matter is, she's angry either because 1) the maga has stopped paying or 2) he refused to leave his wife for her and she decided to pin a rape charge on him. Either ways she's dumb AF.
you did me a good analysis of my perception of the whole saga.... As a lady is highly dignifying to be truthful as you have done here....

As the holy man once said.. tell the truth and the truth shall set you free
Re: Lady Lodged In Hotel By Married Man For 5 Days Threatens To Sue Him For Rape by Fourwinds: 3:13pm On Dec 02, 2017
legitnow:

If we continue to leave Naija men unchecked, the women will become endangered species, becos Naija men are very dangerously turning offence to comedy. This is serious and that man definitely has a case to answer. We cannot treat these claims with child gloves even if the women are complacent. IMO
you need a blow right on your lips

Re: Lady Lodged In Hotel By Married Man For 5 Days Threatens To Sue Him For Rape by ENG1110: 3:16pm On Dec 02, 2017
legitnow:
So women follow dey encourage married man to dey jump around abi?

This country is really in the gutter.

Dat man deserve the rape accusation, wat happen to his wife pussy, e break down?

Nobody is denying the rape charge, but the truth is that she cannot win this case.
Re: Lady Lodged In Hotel By Married Man For 5 Days Threatens To Sue Him For Rape by desgiezd(m): 3:20pm On Dec 02, 2017
This girl has no case at all.

How could she have lodged with her rapist for 5 days and continued to stay in the same hotel room even after she was raped the first day. What a story? She would go for shopping with this man, go to the swimming pool, then go inside the room and get raped in the night then the next morning, they will repeat their outings and then get raped again and again each night.

On the first day, she allowed him because the guy was very angry. But was it every day the guy was getting angry?

I'm sure the lady enjoyed every bit of the whole show and that she also consented to them all. I'm sure what happened was that the guy didn't give her money up to what she expected and she wanted to teach him a lesson moreover, since the man is married he would like to avoid any scandal.
Re: Lady Lodged In Hotel By Married Man For 5 Days Threatens To Sue Him For Rape by Bahddo(m): 3:20pm On Dec 02, 2017
Rubbish! Ladies be using rape allegation as a weapon since Portiphar's wife and Joseph.

This is why it's hard to take a girl's word for it when she says she has been raped. They are mostly crafty creatures, dishonest masters of the victim card.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Lodged In Hotel By Married Man For 5 Days Threatens To Sue Him For Rape by delvinho: 3:20pm On Dec 02, 2017
I won't call that rape... This is someone you shared nudes with and even had phone intimacy with.... Now u travel down on a flight paid for by him knowing full well you were going there to be well bleeped in and out... You get there and according to you, he was married and this got u sad. Now he had booked the room for 5days! What were u expecting? He forced u and then took you shopping and then the sex continued... Now u are screaming blue murder... The girl nor serious... The man suppose Bleep am for a anus join sef... Mtsheeeeww

1 Like

Re: Lady Lodged In Hotel By Married Man For 5 Days Threatens To Sue Him For Rape by mpowa(m): 3:22pm On Dec 02, 2017
legitnow:

I don't see a crime here, I see Consentual Rape which actually means Consensual sex - No rape here.

1 Like

Re: Lady Lodged In Hotel By Married Man For 5 Days Threatens To Sue Him For Rape by InvertedHammer: 3:22pm On Dec 02, 2017
4Ken:

If you and the girl are doing it and after a while she says stop but you don't stop, it's rape.

A lot of Nigerian men need to understand this.
/
In which country?

Some of you carry your exposure to US to another level.

What will a Nigerian prosecutor do?

When things happen in Nigeria, some people quote American laws.

The same way I see Nigerians quoting Miranda rights to suspects which goes, " You have the right to remain silent...whatever you say blablabla". Where is that law in Nigeria?
\

1 Like

Re: Lady Lodged In Hotel By Married Man For 5 Days Threatens To Sue Him For Rape by ENG1110: 3:25pm On Dec 02, 2017
cosxzbay:

Not withstanding how weak her actions and indecision in the whole incident. ...rape is rape as long as she did not consent to it.. Same way I will blame the married man for not walking away when she refused to consent. She may not win the case in Nigeria because our definition of rape doesn't significantly reflect the key word 'CONSENT' rather it focuses on the stories behind the event, except in the case of minors. However in develop countries her story is a clear case of nonconsentual sex...which is defined as rape. As rape awareness is increasingly gaining space in all platforms lately, we all need to be careful in our actions!

Even in the US, she can't win this case, she didn't shout, so no witness, it's a case of his word against her word. She didn't go for medical examination, so no medical proof. She has nothing to back up her story. Her best bet is actually to blackmail the man since he is concerned about his marriage.
Re: Lady Lodged In Hotel By Married Man For 5 Days Threatens To Sue Him For Rape by Mike008(m): 3:38pm On Dec 02, 2017
The only solid, vitiating element to consent here is that she discovered the man was married and that she doesn't date married men.
Re: Lady Lodged In Hotel By Married Man For 5 Days Threatens To Sue Him For Rape by Nobody: 3:52pm On Dec 02, 2017
I love dat man hen

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Runs Girl Strips To Her Panties At The Gate Of Abuja Hotel To Disgrace Client / Lagos Big Girl, Roman And Her Boobs Step Out For An Event / My Encounter With A Highly Intelligent Girl.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.