Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,098 members, 7,811,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:52 PM

I’ll Run For 2011 Presidential Polls, Says Ibrahaim Babangida - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Run For 2011 Presidential Polls, Says Ibrahaim Babangida (23100 Views)

I Was Offered Money To Rig Bayelsa Polls, Says INEC Chief / I’ll Run For Presidency In 2015, Says Buhari / Presidency: I’ll Run If God Permits Me – Bakare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’ll Run For 2011 Presidential Polls, Says Ibrahaim Babangida by Onlytruth(m): 6:50am On Apr 12, 2010
[size=14pt]Babangida, federalism and 2011[/size]
By Jideofor Adibe

Former military president General Ibrahim Babangida is reportedly consulting widely on whether to join the 2011 presidential race. Speaking in Abeokuta on April 1, 2010, as chairman of Governor Gbenga Daniel's birthday lecture series, Babangida was said to have recommended 'true federalism' as the recipe for the country's intractable political problems. The Vanguard (online) of April 1, 2011 further quoted him as saying: "Some people have tagged me an advocate of confederalism. True federalism is the issue for this country. We have lived together for 50 years and there are issues that must be addressed." There are several observations about Babangida's recommendation of 'true federalism', and his putative presidential ambition:

One, federalism as a political system in which sovereignty is constitutionally divided between a central governing authority and the constituent units (states, local governments or provinces), rests not only on the federating units having enough political autonomy to preserve their local peculiarities but also sufficient financial autarky to ensure that their independence is not compromised. The current 36-state system for instance clearly undermines the principle behind the adoption of federalism in the country because with the possible exception of Lagos and the old Kano state, virtually all the states in the country are dependent on allocations from the federal government for their economic survival.

This means that starting from the creation of the 12-state structure by Gowon in 1967, Nigeria has been a unitary state in a federal clothing - a matter which was not helped by military rule and its associated centralised command structure of rule. Though Babangida's prescription of 'true federalism' could be a panacea for many of the country's problems, its effectuation would involve a number of very tough decisions, including re-organising the current 36 state structure into about six to make each unit financially viable and reduce the cost of government.
Does Babangida have what it takes to enforce such a tough but very necessary action?

Two, despite his shortcomings and army of very vocal critics, Babangida remains one of the very few Nigerians who feel truly comfortable in the company of other Nigerians, irrespective of their ethnic origin or religion. In a fractious and polarised country, where an increasing number of citizens are challenging the basis and viability of the Nigeria project, individuals who enjoy legitimacy from across the main fault lines, will be looked upon by many, including foreign friends of the country, to play a leading role in preventing the country from falling over the precipice.

In addition to transcending ethnic and religious divide, no leader has perhaps humanised power or retained personal followership outside of office, more than the gap-toothed General. Some 17 years after he stepped aside from power, you still find influential individuals from all over the country who proudly call themselves 'Babangida boys'. It is simplistic to believe that all his loyalists are people who benefitted materially from him when he was in power. A friend, who is now late, once told me of his encounter with Babangida when the latter was the Head of State. The friend was in the VIP lounge at the Murtala Mohammed airport when suddenly Babangida had to pass by to go and board a flight. On sighting him, Babangida left his security details, walked up to him, called him by his name, shook his hands, and asked about his elder brother. In a country where every penny whistle wants to be called a trumpet and political leaders take it as an insult if you fail to treat them as deities, gestures like that often win people's hearts. In this respect, Babangida could be said to be one of the few Nigerian leaders whose humanity was not destroyed by the trappings of power, and this could well be the basis of his appeal to many people. It was said that even as Head of State Babangida still remembered to call or send birthday cards to his friends. If you have had a friend who became even a Local Government councillor or came into sudden wealth, you will better appreciate what power or money is capable of doing to otherwise good people, or how difficult it is for most people to manage success.

Three, while Babangida's personal qualities will guarantee him substantial support from across the country's main fault lines, they are likely to become an albatross when it comes to restructuring the country for 'true federalism'. Restructuring the country for true federalism would involve taking on the powerful political class - governors, senators, ministers and other political gladiators and wannabes who are likely to fight to preserve their privileges. With Babangida's reputation for cherishing friendship and not wanting to hurt the feelings of his friends, it is doubtful if he will be able to take such a tough action that will be hugely unpopular with his political associates. In contrast to Obasanjo or Buhari who are very decisive with a single-minded devotion to any cause they believe in, Babangida seems to rely on cunning to achieve his objectives. As military president for instance, his strategy was a combination of co-optation ('settlement'), going on a charm offensive and allying with different groups to achieve a particular objective and then moving out of the alliance as quickly as the goal was achieved.

Four, though Buhari has the requisite toughness and decisiveness necessary to restructure the country, he lacks the acceptance that Babangida enjoys from across the ethnic and religious divides. As Head of State for instance, Buhari committed a mortal sin of constituting a Supreme Military Council of 19, with 12 of these coming from the North, and 11 of them being Muslims. He also chose as his deputy, Tunde Idiagbon, a fellow Northerner and Muslim. This lack of sensitivity to the country's main fault lines means that he remains deeply distrusted in the South and by non-Muslims. In fact even before he was overthrown in 1985, his regime was openly derided in the South as either 'the military wing of the NPN' or 'the armed faction of the Kaduna mafia'. He is therefore unlikely to be a viable presidential candidate on any party platform or a unifying factor in this moment in our political evolution. Chief Obafemi Awolowo committed the same grievous error in 1979 when he chose Philip Umeadi, a Christian Igbo, to be his running mate. If reports that Buhari is set to choose Tinubu, a fellow Muslim, as his running mate, is true, then it becomes questionable how much he understands the sensibility of the country he once led and aspires to lead again. Though Abiola won with a Muslim-Muslim ticket, I remain unconvinced that the regime would have been a success if the mandate was actualised, given the depth of the religious chasm in the country.

Five, it will be almost impossible to find an ideal leader for Nigeria in 2011- someone who will combine the best attributes of Obasanjo, Buhari, and Babangida with Nuhu Ribadu's passion for the job. The ideal leader, just like the ideal man or woman, is perfectly academic. In the end we will have to settle for a leader, who, like the rest of us, is not perfect, but who hopefully possesses some abilities to make a difference. Babangida may not possess all the qualities needed in our president at this historical moment, but he certainly possesses some critical ones. The crucial question for me is whether his personal qualities will facilitate or militate against his own definition of the primary task at hand, which is restructuring the country for 'true federalism'.

Dr. Adibe, a publisher and author, lives in London.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/editorial_opinion/article02/120410?pdate=120410&ptitle=Babangida,%20federalism%20and%202011
Re: I’ll Run For 2011 Presidential Polls, Says Ibrahaim Babangida by Onlytruth(m): 6:52am On Apr 12, 2010

[b]Babangida may not possess all the qualities needed in our president at this historical moment, but he certainly possesses some critical ones. [/b]The crucial question for me is whether his personal qualities will facilitate or militate against his own definition of the primary task at hand, which is restructuring the country for 'true federalism'.

WORD! cool
Re: I’ll Run For 2011 Presidential Polls, Says Ibrahaim Babangida by Onlytruth(m): 6:56am On Apr 12, 2010
Who among all those other candidates can even attempt a restructuring of Nigeria for true federalism?

I don't see any other. .
Re: I’ll Run For 2011 Presidential Polls, Says Ibrahaim Babangida by stiyke(m): 7:04am On Apr 12, 2010
@kobojunkie, save your strength, dont argue with teenagers.

@Onlytruth and ur like, "Just shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up !!!!"
Re: I’ll Run For 2011 Presidential Polls, Says Ibrahaim Babangida by Onlytruth(m): 7:11am On Apr 12, 2010
stiyke:

@Onlytruth and your like, "Just shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up !!!!"

You are the teenager, trying to shut up your father. undecided sad
Re: I’ll Run For 2011 Presidential Polls, Says Ibrahaim Babangida by Nobody: 7:27am On Apr 12, 2010
Onlytruth:

You are the teenager, trying to shut up your father.   undecided sad

stiyke:

@Onlytruth and your like, "Just shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up !!!!"
i think,al of una na teenagers.beliv me.
Re: I’ll Run For 2011 Presidential Polls, Says Ibrahaim Babangida by Nobody: 7:34am On Apr 12, 2010
Onlytruth:

You are the teenager, trying to shut up your father.   undecided sad

teenager too!beliv me.
Re: I’ll Run For 2011 Presidential Polls, Says Ibrahaim Babangida by stiyke(m): 7:35am On Apr 12, 2010
Onlytruth:

You are the teenager, trying to shut up your father.   undecided sad

I wont waste my morning discussing with you, your logic defies reason. You are damn right!! i will shut my father up if he acts or reasons or speaks like a teenager.
He whom the gods want to destroy, they first make mad. You are a symbol of everything wrong with this entity called Nigeria.
Re: I’ll Run For 2011 Presidential Polls, Says Ibrahaim Babangida by Onlytruth(m): 7:38am On Apr 12, 2010
stiyke:

I wont waste my morning discussing with you, your logic defies reason. You are damn right!! i will shut my father up if he acts or reasons or speaks like a teenager.
He whom the gods want to destroy, they first make mad. You are a symbol of everything wrong with this entity called Nigeria.

Thank you, my son! lol!  grin cool

You spotted the problem correctly. Only I didn't start it.
Re: I’ll Run For 2011 Presidential Polls, Says Ibrahaim Babangida by Onlytruth(m): 7:48am On Apr 12, 2010
^^^
You may not believe it but I'm actually looking for the solution to Nigeria's problems.
You cannot have a carnival in the middle of a war. What you do first is stop the war, then you can throw a huge party.
Most people here are thinking like I was in 1998 when I was wondering why Wole Soyinka could not become president. Instead it was a criminal in jail called Obasanjo that was dusted up. That was the real Nigeria then, this is the real Nigeria now. We do not have a system that can produce an Obama. Not yet. After restructuring and some serious rectifications, we will then have an environment for that. Right now, it is utopia.
If you cannot follow this logic, I cannot help you.
Re: I’ll Run For 2011 Presidential Polls, Says Ibrahaim Babangida by stiyke(m): 7:57am On Apr 12, 2010
Onlytruth:

^^^
You may not believe it but I'm actually looking for the solution to Nigeria's problems.
You cannot have a carnival in the middle of a war. What you do first is stop the war, then you can throw a huge party.
Most people here are thinking like I was in 1998 when I was wondering why Wole Soyinka could not become president. Instead it was a criminal in jail called Obasanjo that was dusted up. That was the real Nigeria then, this is the real Nigeria now. We do not have a system that can produce an Obama. Not yet. After restructuring and some serious rectifications, we will then have an environment for that. Right now, it is utopia.

have you not heard the saying, "aim for the Moon, if you miss, you might hit a star"?? I dont believe in what you said above. And what makes you think IBB will do what you are insunuating?? What gives you that assurance?? If you think he has changed, or will offer anything better than those torture of eight years, you are seriously day dreaming. Nigeria has people that can take this nation to greatness, IBB is good, unless ofcourse Nigeria is doomed, just as many have said here.
Re: I’ll Run For 2011 Presidential Polls, Says Ibrahaim Babangida by Kobojunkie: 8:03am On Apr 12, 2010
Onlytruth:

^^^

I have been here long enough to know that the above is a lie from you @OnlyTruth. You of all people openly admit to NOt believe in a Nigeria. So how can you look for a solution to Nigeria when you proclaim you do not believe in Nigeria?

Onlytruth:

Most people here are thinking like I was in 1998 when I was wondering why Wole Soyinka could not become president.

No, seriously, how old were you? Why in the world would anyone in his right mind ponder such? What makes Wole Soyinka president material? Why does it seem that as soon as someone becomes known to us, even if the person has an appalling record as a record, or none even, we start clamoring to have that person installed as a leader? Who in his God given right mind would think to have Wole Soyinka as a LEADER, let alone a president? See me see wahala oo!!! lol

Onlytruth:
Instead it was a criminal in jail called Obasanjo that was dusted up. That was the real Nigeria then, this is the real Nigeria now. We do not have a system that can produce an Obama. Not yet. After restructuring and some serious rectifications, we will then have an environment for that. Right now, it is utopia.

After restructuring? Pray tell how you are going to come about this restructuring, and serious rectifications of which you speak of when you are advocating we re-install a past leader with an appalling record as president in our new and fragile democracy? Utopia? Where??
Re: I’ll Run For 2011 Presidential Polls, Says Ibrahaim Babangida by Onlytruth(m): 8:13am On Apr 12, 2010
Kobojunkie:

I have been here long enough to know that the above is a lie from you @OnlyTruth. You of all people openly admit to NOt believe in a Nigeria. So how can you look for a solution to Nigeria when you proclaim you do not believe in Nigeria?

grin grin grin grin grin

Look, I believe in a Nigeria that works. I don't believe in the one that does not. I also hate an unjust Nigeria, even if it turns out to be "heaven" for some, not for me.

No, seriously, how old were you? Why in the world would anyone in his right mind ponder such? What makes Wole Soyinka president material? Why does it seem that as soon as someone becomes known to us, even if the person has an appalling record as a record, or none even, we start clamoring to have that person installed as a leader? Who in his God given right mind would think to have Wole Soyinka as a LEADER, let alone a president? See me see wahala oo!!! lol

If you think that my belief in a Wole Soyinka presidency in 1998 was infantile, then your opposition to an IBB president today is (for lack of a better word) naive.

[b]After restructuring? [/b]Pray tell how you are going to come about this restructuring, and serious rectifications of which you speak of when you are advocating we re-install a past leader with an appalling record as president in our new and fragile democracy? Utopia? Where??

Yes, after restructuring! I don't see any other person capable or willing to do it from the north. You would even be most naive to assume that the north will not get back the presidency next year.
Re: I’ll Run For 2011 Presidential Polls, Says Ibrahaim Babangida by 006(m): 8:21am On Apr 12, 2010
If I were to choose between OBJ and IBB, I’d grab IBB without a 2nd thought.
I still can’t forget that tribalistic gorilla, OBJ, that razed down Awka, my state capital.
Despite all the faults of IBB, Igbos like him, not just like, they love him. OBJ couldn’t even give us a good census figure nor a free and fair election. Both leaders institutionalised corruption and if OBJ was allowed to come back and rule us again for 8 yrs, why not IBB?

Personally, I don’t like corrupt leaders and I don’t like IBB but if he could give us true federalism and probably restructure Nigeria back to regions/provinces, I’ll vote for him. This is what Ojukwu fought for in Aburi. With that, let every region/province feed themselves and let every region/province pursue their dreams and aspirations.
Re: I’ll Run For 2011 Presidential Polls, Says Ibrahaim Babangida by stiyke(m): 8:24am On Apr 12, 2010
Onlytruth:

grin grin grin grin grin

Look, I believe in a Nigeria that works. I don't believe in the one that does not. I also hate an unjust Nigeria, even if it turns out to be "heaven" for some, not for me.

If you think that my belief in a Wole Soyinka presidency in 1998 was infantile, then your opposition to an IBB president today is (for lack of a better word) naive.

Yes, after restructuring! I don't see any other person capable or willing to do it from the north. You would even be most naive to assume that the north will not get back the presidency next year.

You think he will restructure?? What will he restructure?? please tell me. Its incredible that some nigerians could be thinking how you are thinking. No wonder some believe nothing good can ever come out of nigeria. Same old sh.i.t. Onlytruth pls wake up. stop dreaming!!
Re: I’ll Run For 2011 Presidential Polls, Says Ibrahaim Babangida by Kobojunkie: 8:28am On Apr 12, 2010
006:

If I were to choose between OBJ and IBB, I’d grab IBB without a 2nd thought.
I still can’t forget that tribalistic gorilla, OBJ, that razed down Awka, my state capital.

No one said you need to pick between IBB and OBJ. What are we going to get next? Someone trying to compare Obj or Yar adua with Abacha? Please AIM HIGHER for crying out loud!!

006:

Despite all the faults of IBB, Igbos like him, not just like, they love him. OBJ couldn’t even give us a good census figure nor a free and fair election. Both leaders institutionalised corruption and if OBJ was allowed to come back and rule us again for 8 yrs, why not IBB?

Like I told the other person, DO NOT pretend to speak for all ibos. If you personally love him, that is fine, but DO NOT pretend to speak for all Ibos.

006:
Personally, I don’t like corrupt leaders and I don’t like IBB but if he could give us true federalism and probably restructure Nigeria back to regions/provinces, I’ll vote for him. This is what Ojukwu fought for in Aburi. With that, let every region/province feed themselves and let every region/province pursue their dreams and aspirations.

How can a man who DENIED you democracy after a 'free' and 'fair' election give you true federalism? How can a man who essentially removed all qualified leaders from office so he could install his Northern muslim brothers and make his office as powerful as can be give you true federalism? How can a man who polarized the nation more than any other leader before him did, give you true federalism? Come on, that is absurd. Where do you people get these things from?
Re: I’ll Run For 2011 Presidential Polls, Says Ibrahaim Babangida by Onlytruth(m): 8:41am On Apr 12, 2010
Kobojunkie:

No one said you need to pick between IBB and OBJ. What are we going to get next? Someone trying to compare Obj or Yar adua with Abacha? Please AIM HIGHER for crying out loud!!

Like I told the other person, DO NOT pretend to speak for all ibos. If you personally love him, that is fine, but DO NOT pretend to speak for all Ibos.

How can a man who DENIED you democracy after a 'free' and 'fair' election give you true federalism? How can a man who essentially removed all qualified leaders from office so he could install his Northern muslim brothers and make his office as powerful as can be give you true federalism? How can a man who polarized the nation more than any other leader before him did, give you true federalism? Come on, that is absurd. Where do you people get these things from?

Let me tell you, IBB tried to balance Nigeria in state creation during his last rule. That is part of why Igbos love and trust him. He is the only candidate so far to have even said anything about restructuring -State Police, true federalism. No other candidate has even had the guts to mention these topics. If they did, please tell me who did. undecided
Re: I’ll Run For 2011 Presidential Polls, Says Ibrahaim Babangida by 006(m): 8:42am On Apr 12, 2010
Kobojunkie:

I don’t speak for all Igbos, but I know the general opinion of IBB in Igboland, so I can tell you authoritatively that they like him.

Kobojunkie:

Well, for me to vote for IBB is out of frustration. None of our leaders have done the right thing including the big hope OBJ gave us about census and national ID card, all were not to be.
IBB is the only one so far who has talked openly about true federalism and state/regional police which I staunchly believe in and which Emeka Anyaoku advocates for as well. What can I say? All our leaders are criminals and a devil you know is better than an angel you don’t know.

And I ask you, who do you prefer?
Re: I’ll Run For 2011 Presidential Polls, Says Ibrahaim Babangida by 006(m): 8:44am On Apr 12, 2010
hahahaha @ Onlytruth, we came up with the same answer. wink
Re: I’ll Run For 2011 Presidential Polls, Says Ibrahaim Babangida by Onlytruth(m): 8:44am On Apr 12, 2010
006:

I don’t speak for all Igbos, but I know the general opinion of IBB in Igboland, so I can tell you authoritatively that they like him.

Well, for me to vote for IBB is out of frustration. None of our leaders have done the right thing including the big hope OBJ gave us about census and national ID card, all were not to be.
IBB is the only one so far who has talked openly about true federalism and state/regional police which I staunchly believe in and which Emeka Anyaoku advocates for as well. What can I say? All our leaders are criminals and a devil you know is better than an angel you don’t know.

And I ask you, who do you prefer?

Exactly.   undecided undecided undecided
Re: I’ll Run For 2011 Presidential Polls, Says Ibrahaim Babangida by Onlytruth(m): 8:45am On Apr 12, 2010
006:

hahahaha @ Onlytruth, we came up with the same answer. wink

Says we are feeling the same thing bro! wink
These guys don't understand. cool
Re: I’ll Run For 2011 Presidential Polls, Says Ibrahaim Babangida by metalgong5(m): 8:59am On Apr 12, 2010
Onlytruth:

Says we are feeling the same thing bro! wink
These guys don't understand. cool

Leave those Yoruba men, their grudge against IBB is because he prevented the most corrupt business man Nigeria has ever produced from being the president . . . . And now they thought that Nigerians are so gullible to buy such hypocritical campaign of calumny aganst IBB.

IBB  will surely win the 2011 elections . . . . . .   Enyi Ndigbo ka IBB bu !!
Re: I’ll Run For 2011 Presidential Polls, Says Ibrahaim Babangida by Onlytruth(m): 9:15am On Apr 12, 2010
^^^

You know, I really don't think these people understand the details of why Igbo would support IBB. I would give them one example. Under Obasanjo's political marginalization schemes, the Igbo (arguably the single largest tribe in Nigeria) was schemed out of the four top political positions: President, Vice President, Senate President, Speaker of the House of Representatives. Notice that our peers in Nigeria -Hausa and Yoruba, never missed those positions. Obasanjo could only allow us a humiliating "Deputy Senate President" position. An Ibrahim Babangida presidency could never have allowed such idiotic marginalization. He is not moronic like OBJ. The gorilla called OBJ is even scheming for more Igbo marginalization (I won't give details here), but any Igbo who was properly suckled by his mother would put his/her eyes down to observe things for himself/herself.
Nigeria is a bed of injustice, and my people are at the recieving end of it.

IBB can help us change that.
Re: I’ll Run For 2011 Presidential Polls, Says Ibrahaim Babangida by Abagworo(m): 9:25am On Apr 12, 2010
why do we place our economic whores on one man yet many were before and after him.oil boom ended in 1979 and then came 20 years of doom for oil dependent economies.no miracle could have solved the economic problems nigeria faced between 1979 and 1998.ibb did his best in managing the little nigeria was getting.my people the key to our economic emancipation is diversification of government revenue.we have to pay tax,pay for fuel at international price,pay our electricity bills and water rates.all forms of subsidy must be eliminated.no miracle can be achieved if oil remains the sole source of foreign exchange.nigerians want everything for free.ibb,obj,abacha and all our leaders tried their best and we must appreciate their effort.
Re: I’ll Run For 2011 Presidential Polls, Says Ibrahaim Babangida by Abagworo(m): 9:29am On Apr 12, 2010
Onlytruth:

^^^

You know, I really don't think these people understand the details of why Igbo would support IBB. I would give them one example. Under Obasanjo's political marginalization schemes, the Igbo (arguably the single largest tribe in Nigeria) was schemed out of the four top political positions: President, Vice President, Senate President, Speaker of the House of Representatives. Notice that our peers in Nigeria -Hausa and Yoruba, never missed those positions. Obasanjo could only allow us a humiliating "Deputy Senate President" position. An Ibrahim Babangida presidency could never have allowed such idiotic marginalization. He is not moronic like OBJ. The gorilla called OBJ is even scheming for more Igbo marginalization (I won't give details here), but any Igbo who was properly suckled by his mother would put his/her eyes down to observe things for himself/herself.
Nigeria is a bed of injustice, and my people are at the recieving end of it.

IBB can help us change that.
this is national politics and not ethnic politics.ibb is not going to be president for only igbos but the entire nation.so do not expect any special treatment for us igbos.
Re: I’ll Run For 2011 Presidential Polls, Says Ibrahaim Babangida by BigB11(m): 9:50am On Apr 12, 2010
Once IBB makes is it officially clear that he will run for the 2011 presidential polls, I think Nigerians should immediately start calling him President Babangida.

It is a done deal; insha Allah IBB will rule again.

With confidence I can assure you that within 4 to 6 months in the office IBB will be embraced by all Nigerians that still have love for this nation.

Get ready folks, the real deal is on his way.
Re: I’ll Run For 2011 Presidential Polls, Says Ibrahaim Babangida by metalgong5(m): 10:06am On Apr 12, 2010
Big B1:

Once IBB makes is it officially clear that he will run for the 2011 presidential polls, I think Nigerians should immediately start calling him President Babangida.

It is a done deal; insha Allah IBB will rule again.

With confidence I can assure you that within 4 to 6 months in the office IBB will be embraced by all Nigerians that still have love for this nation.

Get ready folks, the real deal is on his way.
Seconded!!
Re: I’ll Run For 2011 Presidential Polls, Says Ibrahaim Babangida by SEFAGO(m): 10:07am On Apr 12, 2010
wtf, still april fools?
Re: I’ll Run For 2011 Presidential Polls, Says Ibrahaim Babangida by SEFAGO(m): 10:09am On Apr 12, 2010
Lol, now I know the igbo people on NL are idiots. Clamoring for IBB? My oh my undecided, what can I say, let me just cry jooor
Re: I’ll Run For 2011 Presidential Polls, Says Ibrahaim Babangida by pappietee(m): 10:12am On Apr 12, 2010
don't mind him
Re: I’ll Run For 2011 Presidential Polls, Says Ibrahaim Babangida by FrenchyL(m): 10:55am On Apr 12, 2010
Alhaji Babangida,

my honest advice to you is to stay out of it. You are not wanted by Nigerians. I know that some sycophants posing as your advisers and friends wont tell you this but the truth must be told: DO NOT CONTEST FOR IT WOULD BE A PAINFUL LOSS. HALF A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE!!!!! angry angry
Re: I’ll Run For 2011 Presidential Polls, Says Ibrahaim Babangida by cecegorz(m): 11:20am On Apr 12, 2010
IBB again?  NEVER!

mshewwwwwwwwwwwww angry angry angry angry angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Fear Of Buhari: Govs Rush To Declare Assets / 2017 Ovation Carol: Dangote, Otedola, Ekweremadu, Ooni Of Ife Attend / APC NWC Did Not Ratify Decision Of Lawan As Consensus Candidate

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.