Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,906 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:10 PM

I’ll Run For 2011 Presidential Polls, Says Ibrahaim Babangida - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Run For 2011 Presidential Polls, Says Ibrahaim Babangida (23097 Views)

I Was Offered Money To Rig Bayelsa Polls, Says INEC Chief / I’ll Run For Presidency In 2015, Says Buhari / Presidency: I’ll Run If God Permits Me – Bakare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’ll Run For 2011 Presidential Polls, Says Ibrahaim Babangida by Nobody: 9:52pm On Apr 11, 2010
Abagworo:

ibb never ruined nigerian economy.nigeria was and is still dependent on oil for its revenue.the 12billion windfall that you guys are crucifying ibb for occured during the golf war when oil rose to 40 dollars per barrel for 1 month.for the past 12 years,oil has peaked at 150 dollars per barrel and is somewhere around 62 dollars right now.nigeria's production was also below 1.2 million barrels per day then.right now,it is above 2million.do the maths and let your conscience judge.
so where is the 12 billion dollars now?
Re: I’ll Run For 2011 Presidential Polls, Says Ibrahaim Babangida by Onlytruth(m): 10:40pm On Apr 11, 2010
People are just being idiotic threatening IBB here. lol! Sometimes I think that maybe violence needs to properly go round Nigeria before sanity finally prevails. That is why folks who have never witnessed real violence in Nigeria are here spitting fire here. The day your wishes will come true, don't run away o!

In 1966, some young idealistic patriots who happened to be Igbo tried something like that. The result was the death of 50,000 innocent Igbo people, and some of you still have not condemned that act, yet you are here threatening.
All of you guys just need to calm down. IBB is a free citizen of Nigeria and can contest for any political office in the land.
Kill him and unleash what you cannot control. cool

Meanwhile I will vote for IBB if he contests with someone I can trust like Senator Ken Nnamani or Emeka Anyaoku or Donald Duke. I won't vote for him if he runs with Orji Kalu. All these are assuming that Jonathan won't run. cool
Re: I’ll Run For 2011 Presidential Polls, Says Ibrahaim Babangida by invisible2(m): 11:12pm On Apr 11, 2010
I no fit shout!!!
Re: I’ll Run For 2011 Presidential Polls, Says Ibrahaim Babangida by Shoot2Kill: 11:14pm On Apr 11, 2010
Onlytruth:

People are just being idiotic threatening IBB here. lol! Sometimes I think that maybe violence needs to properly go round Nigeria before sanity finally prevails. That is why folks who have never witnessed real violence in Nigeria are here spitting fire here. The day your wishes will come true, don't run away o!

In 1966, some young idealistic patriots who happened to be Igbo tried something like that. The result was the death of 50,000 innocent Igbo people, and some of you still have not condemned that act, yet you are here threatening.
All of you guys just need to calm down. IBB is a free citizen of Nigeria and can contest for any political office in the land.
Kill him and unleash what you cannot control. cool

Meanwhile I will vote for IBB if he contests with someone I can trust like Senator Ken Nnamani or Emeka Anyaoku or Donald Duke. I won't vote for him if he runs with Orji Kalu. All these are assuming that Jonathan won't run. cool

If you have something to say to me, please say it to my face ,you bloody negro. Please stop your I.G.B.O  Poo  here, we are sick and tired of hearing your I.G.B.O nonsense. You are a selfish person. We are talking about the progress of all Nigerians you are making noise about your tibe. At least Orji Kalu was not a racist , tribalistic  son of a b.i.t.ch like you.

How do you know i have not seen violence, don’t talk about what you don't know just because you are safe behind your PC.

Only an idiot like you will openly support IBB, people like you will  hear “wen” when the time comes. I dare you here and now to support IBB publicly and reveal your identity.

Then you go know say some people dey kolo. That your IBB ,we are going to kill him ,mark my words today. Whether you believe me or not.I want to see what you and fellow baboons will unleash.

Keep underestimating Nigerians ,those who will carry out the deed are people who don’t even have a computer talkless of chatting on this Poo.t.y forum full of educated baboons who think through their a.z.z instead of their heads.

Are you not the same person who is always screaming for an igbo nation and you are here supporting IBB someone who oppressed your people .You are a confused baboon for sure. People like you should be locked up in a concentration camp and forced to eat your own poo.Dumba.z.z

1 Like

Re: I’ll Run For 2011 Presidential Polls, Says Ibrahaim Babangida by invisible2(m): 11:39pm On Apr 11, 2010
I go shout ooo!!!
Re: I’ll Run For 2011 Presidential Polls, Says Ibrahaim Babangida by metalgong5(m): 11:44pm On Apr 11, 2010
Yoruba noise makers can not stop IBB, he is already the president come 2011.
Re: I’ll Run For 2011 Presidential Polls, Says Ibrahaim Babangida by invisible2(m): 11:46pm On Apr 11, 2010
@ metal gong, onlytruth, why the change? How can ibb help the Igbo cause? Abi we have any hidden agenda.
Re: I’ll Run For 2011 Presidential Polls, Says Ibrahaim Babangida by vigasimple(m): 11:47pm On Apr 11, 2010
I personally think that IBB is a cover by the North to ensure that we either have a Northerner in 2011 or IBB 'will come back'

There is a saying that ' he who the gods want to destroy, he first made mad' and for IBB opening his mouth to say he want to be a beneficiary of democracy he refused to let bloosom durin his 8 years of corrupt ridden rule.

The North, Fulani to be precsely and the religion spreading is the problem of Nigeria, they have already 'colonise' Hausa's who are the majority o their own territory and now refer to themselves as Hausa/fulani , and the Sultan of Sokoto is the spiritual head, and they want to spread sharia laws to the south.

OBJ was just the tool to pacify the Yoruba's after the 'assasination of MKO Abiola' . The North needs the Presidency to continue to control the resources of the south, and the Yoruba's have to make a decision at one point because ONCE THE YORUBA'S DCEIDED THAT THEY NO LONGER WANT TO BE PART OF NIGERIA, WHICH THEY SHOULD DO, THAT IS THE END OF NIGERIA.

The North has no clue and they want to lead the Country whether or not we want or like it.

IBB is just playing chess, his 'carpenter will never use his teth to remove nails'

He has been finished many years ago and he can continue to 'consult with 419's like him' but Nigeria is no longer a military state.

IBB has more determined enermy in Disapora(among Nigerians) than his entire state of Niger.
Re: I’ll Run For 2011 Presidential Polls, Says Ibrahaim Babangida by Kobojunkie: 11:58pm On Apr 11, 2010
vigasimple:

I personally think that IBB is a cover by the North to ensure that we either have a Northerner in 2011 or IBB 'will come back'

I don't buy the above argument for why the North would allow IBB ticket. I don't. The same North has been calling for the impeachment/removal of Yar adua since January but the south has refused to let this happen.
Re: I’ll Run For 2011 Presidential Polls, Says Ibrahaim Babangida by Onlytruth(m): 12:22am On Apr 12, 2010
@ Shoot2Kill

You are an EMPTY BARREL sounding hollow!  cool It is the trademark of your people. When the real sh**t hits the fan, all you do is yell opami o! Coward.

You think we buy any of these your empty rants! shocked shocked

My real name is[b] EmperorOlu![/b]

I really pray that IBB runs (and I know he will, he said so already). Go prepare your gun and wait for 50 million Islamic extremists from the north to get your backside. Just don't run back to South Africa.
Re: I’ll Run For 2011 Presidential Polls, Says Ibrahaim Babangida by Onlytruth(m): 12:27am On Apr 12, 2010
invisible!:

@ metal gong, onlytruth, why the change? How can ibb help the Igbo cause? Abi we have any hidden agenda.

I never changed. I am doing the Nigerian politics the way others have done it for ages. IBB is good for Nigeria because at least he understands fairness and balance. He is the most cosmopolitan northerner I know, and it is the turn of the north to produce the president next year. Obasanjo was there for 8 years. IBB is not more corrupt than some who are preparing to contest next year.
Re: I’ll Run For 2011 Presidential Polls, Says Ibrahaim Babangida by stiyke(m): 1:20am On Apr 12, 2010
Nigeria is truely incredible!
A people deserve the leaders they get ,
Re: I’ll Run For 2011 Presidential Polls, Says Ibrahaim Babangida by Finecat(m): 3:14am On Apr 12, 2010
All the ones on this forum that are in support of Babangida are the beneficiaries of his evil administration. The wrath of God is on Babangida's family and he will never rule Nigeria again, and i mean that with every fiber and bones in my body! Fair-Win or rigged-win IBB will not live to rule Nigeria. It's very annoying to see any Nigerian rooting for this God-forsaken man. Even the bible supports blood shed sometimes in order to save God's people, if IBB's blood is the first one i will shed in my life SO BE IT! Getting rid of a gabbage like that is worth more than a life ambition.
Re: I’ll Run For 2011 Presidential Polls, Says Ibrahaim Babangida by metalgong5(m): 3:22am On Apr 12, 2010
Nigerian is a nation of whinners, the trend is not likely to change.

IBB remains the best candidate for the job, and I will definitely vote for him if I 'm in Nigeria during the election period. . . . No amount of Yoruba men propaganda can stop the electoral victory of the Minna born administrator who is widely accepted by Nigerian populace of different ethnicity.
Re: I’ll Run For 2011 Presidential Polls, Says Ibrahaim Babangida by Finecat(m): 3:23am On Apr 12, 2010
Onlytruth:

@ Shoot2Kill

You are an EMPTY BARREL sounding hollow!  cool It is the trademark of your people. When the real sh**t hits the fan, all you do is yell opami o! Coward.

You think we buy any of these your empty rants! shocked shocked

My real name is[b] EmperorOlu![/b]

I really pray that IBB runs (and I know he will, he said so already). Go prepare your gun and wait for 50 million Islamic extremists from the north to get your backside. Just don't run back to South Africa.

It's obvious this butt breath is a northerner. You fools cannot survive without the west. Ask the Biafran folks. We will bring you &astards to your knees if it gets to war. You can't even feed your own people without the help of the west. Your leaders has ruled Nigeria for years and yet you have nothing to show for it in the entire North! Nothing but beggars on the streets and abject poverty. Babangida is a cursed man and winning an election in Nigeria will be his last act on earth.
Re: I’ll Run For 2011 Presidential Polls, Says Ibrahaim Babangida by Kobojunkie: 3:55am On Apr 12, 2010
@FineCat, @OnlyTruth

Do you two not see how you are part and parcel of the Nigerian problem here? Even if @Shoot2kill is a minor, at least he identifies that the problem is not people of different tribes but the leaders who have sucked this nation dry for decades, playing the TRIBE card to distract folks like you, while they continue.

The dude goes after Babangida, and instead you two try to CUT HIM DOWN for at least claiming HE will do something about the situation? Not backing his move as I think it is suicide but come on you two!!! When will you learn to put aside your hate for your fellow man? When?
Re: I’ll Run For 2011 Presidential Polls, Says Ibrahaim Babangida by Onlytruth(m): 4:51am On Apr 12, 2010
Kobojunkie:

@FineCat, @OnlyTruth

Do you two not see how you are part and parcel of the Nigerian problem here? Even if @Shoot2kill is a minor, at least he identifies that the problem is not people of different tribes but the leaders who have sucked this nation dry for decades, playing the TRIBE card to distract folks like you, while they continue.

The dude goes after Babangida, and instead you two try to CUT HIM DOWN for at least claiming HE will do something about the situation? [/b]Not backing his move as I think it is suicide but come on you two!!! When will you learn to put aside your hate for your fellow man? When?

I was only recalling our history when I raised the issue of the failed 1966 revolution, the aftermath of which was the death of 50,000 innocent people. [b]Shoot2kill [/b]and[b] FineCat
(both of whom I suspect are EmperorOlu) were threatening to kill IBB if he wins presidential elections next year. I merely reminded them (him undecided) of the naivety and idiocy of threatening a free citizen of Nigeria, whose "crime" is the exercise of his constitutionally guaranteed rights of seeking an elective position.

Like I said in my earlier post, if IBB runs with a Donald Duke, Ken Nnamani, Emeka Anyaoku or even Ernest Ndukwe, I will vote for him. If he runs with Orji Kalu, I will not vote for him. cool
Re: I’ll Run For 2011 Presidential Polls, Says Ibrahaim Babangida by Kobojunkie: 4:55am On Apr 12, 2010
It is all about Tribe for you, isn't it? Well Continue in your ways ooo!!!!

Kobojunkie:

I weep cry cry cry
Re: I’ll Run For 2011 Presidential Polls, Says Ibrahaim Babangida by Onlytruth(m): 5:00am On Apr 12, 2010
Kobojunkie:

It is all about Tribe for you, isn't it? Well Continue in your ways ooo!!!!

Take an honest view of Nigeria from 1970 to date and you would see that it has been all about tribe. IBB is the only northerner I know that sees the whole of the country the same way. He is not popular (or controversial) across the WHOLE nation for nothing. undecided
His government was a listening one even as a military dictator. He will perform better as a civilian president. Since power is returning to the north next year (you can choose to believe otherwise), my safest bet in the north is IBB.
Re: I’ll Run For 2011 Presidential Polls, Says Ibrahaim Babangida by Kobojunkie: 5:06am On Apr 12, 2010
How old where you when IBB came to office, let alone spent years sitting back, watching Infrastructure turn to dust? How old were you when the same man was busy enriching himself and those close to himself while the poverty rose and people realized their only hope would be another one of his friends, Abiola, to get us out from the jam we allowed ourselves to get into? I really want to know cause when I read some of your comments on the man, I wonder if you were ever there during those years.
Re: I’ll Run For 2011 Presidential Polls, Says Ibrahaim Babangida by deb(m): 5:08am On Apr 12, 2010
Yoruba noise makers can not stop IBB, he is already the president come 2011.

Simply tell us that you are a 419 and you will be happy to have your fellow 419ner as president instead of hiding behind tribal sentiment.
I know your type and what your 419 generation passed down to you.
Re: I’ll Run For 2011 Presidential Polls, Says Ibrahaim Babangida by deb(m): 5:09am On Apr 12, 2010
Kobojunkie:

How old where you when IBB came to office, let alone spent years sitting back, watching Infrastructure turn to dust? How old were you when the same man was busy enriching himself and those close to himself while the poverty rose and people realized their only hope would be another one of his friends, Abiola, to get us out from the jam we allowed ourselves to get into? I really want to know cause when I read some of your comments on the man, I wonder if you were ever there during those years.

Great comment
Re: I’ll Run For 2011 Presidential Polls, Says Ibrahaim Babangida by Onlytruth(m): 5:16am On Apr 12, 2010
Kobojunkie:

How old where you when IBB came to office, let alone spent years sitting back, watching Infrastructure turn to dust? [/b]How old were you when the same man was busy enriching himself and those close to himself while the poverty rose and people realized their only hope would be another one of his friends, Abiola, to get us out from the jam we allowed ourselves to get into? [b]I really want to know cause when I read some of your comments on the man, I wonder if you were ever there during those years.

I will not be drawn into sharing my age on a public forum. All I can tell you is that I was old enough to see things for myself and compare them with Obasanjo's 8 years reign of terror. IBB is a saint compared to Obasanjo.

Now, I raised Obasanjo because the man is still the king maker today despite his unrepentant and unchanging belief in brigandage. OBJ is still scheming to keep Nigeria the way he wants it, even if his ways are warped and unfair. OBJ does not understand fairness and justice. He only understands "power". . .  and yes he hates my people. The only power I see that can change that in Nigeria today is IBB. So, you can see that this is quite personal to me and folks from my side of Nigeria.
IBB will bring fairness and justice to all Nigerians.
Re: I’ll Run For 2011 Presidential Polls, Says Ibrahaim Babangida by Kobojunkie: 5:23am On Apr 12, 2010
Onlytruth:

I will not be drawn into sharing my age on a public forum. All I can tell you is that I was old enough to see things for myself and compare them with Obasanjo's 8 years reign of terror. IBB is a saint compared to Obasanjo.

Now, I raised Obasanjo because the man is still the king maker today despite his unrepentant and unchanging belief in brigandage. OBJ is still scheming to keep Nigeria the way he wants it, even if his ways are warped and unfair. OBJ does not understand fairness and justice. He only understands "power". . . and yes he hates my people. The only power I see that can change that in Nigeria today is IBB. So, you can see that this is quite personal to me and folks from my side of Nigeria.
IBB will bring fairness and justice to all Nigerians.

No, You do not speak for all Ibos cause I know for a fact that your words are just your bile and non others. I can't believe anyone who actually lived in Nigeria all through Babangida's time, especially in the eastern part of the country that experienced some of the worst DECAY during those years, can make the comparisons that you do above. Please, desist from claiming to speak for people who have no clue who in the world you are, many of whom would be appalled that you claim to be one of them, and supposedly are here offering up what you have above on their behalf. Speak for yourself!
Re: I’ll Run For 2011 Presidential Polls, Says Ibrahaim Babangida by Abagworo(m): 5:28am On Apr 12, 2010
you guys refuse to understand that ibb ruled nigeria during the peak of our recession.oil doom era that extended up until abachas time before the neo-oil boom we are experiencing now.nigeria is highly dependent on oil.we cant blame one man for ruling during economic recession.
Re: I’ll Run For 2011 Presidential Polls, Says Ibrahaim Babangida by Kobojunkie: 5:40am On Apr 12, 2010
http://www.photius.com/countries/nigeria/government/nigeria_government_the_babangida_govern~10023.html

[size=13pt]Babangida, of Gwari origins and a middle belt Muslim, was Nigeria's sixth military ruler and, as of 1990, the most powerful. Compared with Buhari, Babangida was a somewhat more methodical ruler, and his style was different. Whereas Buhari was stern and resolute, Babangida was deft and tactical. Babangida was reported to have taken part in all coups in Nigeria, which may explain his confident handling of national affairs. He was, however, unpredictable.

Although Babangida came to power as a champion of human rights, his record in this area deteriorated over time. He gradually released most of the politicians incarcerated by Buhari. Yet, he often hounded opposition interest groups, especially those of labor and students, and detained many radical and anti-establishment persons for various offenses. The infamous Decree Number 2 remained in force in 1990 to facilitate these oppressive acts.

The year after seizing power, the Babangida regime declared a National Economic Emergency. The options open to the country, Babangida said, were either to accept an International Monetary Fund (IMF--see Glossary) loan and the conditions attached or to embark on more austere economic measures that would require great sacrifices. Although the people favored a non-IMF option, they soon discovered the hardships eventually imposed differed little from the IMF's conditions. The economic recovery program recommended by the World Bank (see Glossary) was instituted as a self-imposed structural adjustment program (SAP) that involved a drastic restructuring of the country's economy.

Under SAP, unemployment rates soared, food prices increased significantly, and numerous user fees for education and health services were imposed. These hardships did not dissuade the government from SAP, which it believed to be the only approach to the country's social and economic problems. The benefits of SAP, such as longer inflation and more balanced budget, began to be seen but SAP was adhered to less stringently in the late 1980s.

Babangida's government adopted other economic reforms leading to a market system and political reforms leading to democratic processes. Important changes were made in the basic structures of military federalism. For the first time, a military leader was called president, presumably to emphasize the executive power he wielded. The name of the supreme lawmaking body was changed from Supreme Military Council to the Armed Forces Ruling Council (AFRC). There was also a new Armed Forces Consultative Assembly, formed in 1989, which functioned as an intermediate legislative chamber between the AFRC and the rest of the military. In spite of these elaborate structural changes, Babangida adroitly increased the powers of his office. He changed his ministers and state governors frequently. Even supposedly powerful members of the government were not spared, as was demonstrated in 1986 when he dropped his second in command, Commodore Ebitu Ukiwe. In his place, he appointed Rear Admiral Augustus Aikhomu, former chief of the naval staff. The most dramatic of these changes were made at the end of 1989, when Babangida reassigned several ministers, including General Domkat Bali, the powerful minister of defense and chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff (see Constitutional and Political Framework , ch. 5). The changes were perceived by southerners and Christians as resulting in an AFRC that consisted mainly of northern Muslims. The service chiefs of the army, navy, and police were Muslims; only the chief of the air staff was a southerner. The ministries of external affairs, petroleum resources, internal affairs, and defense, considered the most powerful cabinet posts, were held by northern Muslims (the minister of defense being the president himself). These changes generated heated controversy and antigovernment demonstrations by Christians in some northern cities. Babangida emerged from the changes more powerful than before.

[b]Babangida also introduced far-reaching changes in the civil service, the police, the armed and security forces, and the political system. Certain actions of his government exacerbated religious tensions. The religious cleavage in the country had become increasingly politicized, beginning in the debates in 1977 when Muslims began pressing for the extension of sharia law (Muslim religious law) from state courts in the north to the federal courts (see Islam , ch. 2). In the Second Republic, activist Islamic groups emerged in the north, demanding the Islamization of the country. After coming to power in 1985, Babangida adopted several measures that were considered to favor Muslims and to threaten the secular nature of the Nigerian state. In 1986 Nigeria became a member of the Organization of the Islamic Conference (OIC), an international association of Islamic states in which Nigeria had long held observer status; this action was very controversial. In apparent contradiction, Babangida survived several religious crises by reiterating that the federation remained secular. At one point, he set up a religious advisory panel to mediate in the religious crises. [/b]

On April 22, 1990, a coup attempt led by Major Gideon Orkar almost toppled the Babangida regime. The presidential residence in Dodan Barracks was extensively damaged by the rebellious soldiers, but the head of state escaped. A unique feature of this coup attempt was the level of involvement of Nigerian civilians, who allegedly helped finance the operation. During the hours when the rebels controlled the radio station in Lagos, they broadcast a critique of the regime that combined attacks on its dictatorial nature and pervasive corruption with threats to expel the far northern states from the federation.

The survival of Babangida and all senior members of the regime enabled the government to continue its policies, especially the planned transition to civilian rule in 1992. The detention of several journalists and other critics of the military regime and the temporary closure of some newspapers, however, indicated the government's awareness that it had overstayed its welcome and would have to govern with even stricter controls than before. The state congresses of the two government-sponsored political parties, the only legal parties, the National Republican Convention and the Social Democratic Party, were held in the summer of 1990 and campaigning began in earnest thereafter. [/size]

Data as of June 1991

Re: I’ll Run For 2011 Presidential Polls, Says Ibrahaim Babangida by Onlytruth(m): 5:44am On Apr 12, 2010
Kobojunkie:

No, You do not speak for all Ibos cause I know for a fact that your words are just your bile and non others. I can't believe anyone who actually lived in Nigeria all through Babangida's time, especially in the eastern part of the country that experienced some of the worst DECAY during those years, can make the comparisons that you do above. Please, desist from claiming to speak for people who have no clue who in the world you are, many of whom  would be appalled that you claim to be one of them, and supposedly are here offering up what you have above on their behalf. Speak for yourself!

My turn to ask you how old were you during IBB rule (1985- 1993)?

I did not say I was speaking for my Igbo people, I said that Obasanjo hates Igbo people, and I have proof of that. OBJ still controls the powers of the ruling party PDP. Left for him, my people will not smell our entitlements in Nigeria even in a million years. cool He thinks that hiring a few Igbo to work at his whims and caprices (hire and fire at will) will foool us.
Anyway, not to digress from your points,

IBB was given a chieftaincy title Oguguo Ndigbo (the consoler or comforter of Igbo people) by the Igbo in his last rule. Your assignment is to go and find out why the Igbo gave him that title. It was in appreciation for a particular thing he did for the Igbo. Also, yesterday he was given the title of Dike dozieni (the warrior that fixes or repairs the land or nation) by the Asaba people in delta state. The meaning behind these titles say a lot about how IBB is perceived in Igboland.

I didn't give him those emotional titles. My people did.
Re: I’ll Run For 2011 Presidential Polls, Says Ibrahaim Babangida by Kobojunkie: 5:50am On Apr 12, 2010
Yes, the same Ndigbo that payed from their pockets to get an airport? The same ndigbo that had Orji Kalu as governor for as long as they did with nothing to show for it? The same ndigbo that consider some of the world's biggest idiots leaders and even give them chieftancy titles? Come on!!! you and I know Cheiftancy titles are today given to the one who gives the biggest BRIBE. Cut the bull please and let us focus on dissecting the real events of the day, not what the man has been able to buy for himself 17 years later or thereabout.

Nigerians go crazy for a title

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/6924870.stm
Re: I’ll Run For 2011 Presidential Polls, Says Ibrahaim Babangida by Onlytruth(m): 6:08am On Apr 12, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Yes, the same Ndigbo that payed from their pockets to get an airport? The same ndigbo that had Orji Kalu as governor for as long as they did with nothing to show for it? The same ndigbo that consider some of the world's biggest idiots leaders and even give them chieftancy titles? Come on!!! you and I know Cheiftancy titles are today given to the one who gives the biggest BRIBE. Cut the bull please and let us focus on dissecting the real events of the day, not what the man has been able to buy for himself 17 years later or thereabout.

Well your argument is a chicken and egg one. No one can say for sure when buying of titles began in Nigeria, but there are titles and there are titles. You cannot tell me that Ikemba Nnewi and [b]Dike di ora nma 1 of Igboland [/b]are purchased titles.

Anyway, you are entitled to your opinions on this topic, but I wanted you to understand that one man's devil may be another man's savior. Nigeria is not a just country yet. What I hate is the duplicity of some Nigerians -they scream and shout and threaten about IBB, but turn a deaf ear on OBJ.

As long as OBJ is still pulling the strings in Nigeria, it will be dumb of me not to support IBB.
Re: I’ll Run For 2011 Presidential Polls, Says Ibrahaim Babangida by Kobojunkie: 6:14am On Apr 12, 2010
Onlytruth:

Well your argument is a chicken and egg one. No one can say for sure when buying of titles began in Nigeria, but there are titles and there are titles. You cannot tell me that Ikemba Nnewi and [b]Dike di ora nma 1 of Igboland [/b]are purchased titles.

If you can prove they were not purchased, please go right ahead!

Onlytruth:
Anyway, you are entitled to your opinions on this topic, but I wanted you to understand that one man's devil may be another man's savior. Nigeria is not a just country yet. What I hate is the duplicity of some Nigerians -they scream and shout and threaten about IBB, but turn a deaf ear on OBJ.

As long as OBJ is still pulling the strings in Nigeria, it will be dumb of me not to support IBB.

Babangida NEVER SAVED Ibos during those years. In fact, he polarized the country even more by installing Northerners and removing qualified southerners from office so he could control it all. I am sorry, but if you lived through those years, there is NO WAY you can come in here to tell us what he never did. I particular remember the east had hope the early years but at the end, that place was almost desolate. I don't know of any part of the country that way spared. Lagos DECAYED during those years. We went from a good bus system, best waste management system, constant electricity, peace to chaos and decay. It was horrible watching everything decay around you and not being able to do anything about it.
Re: I’ll Run For 2011 Presidential Polls, Says Ibrahaim Babangida by Onlytruth(m): 6:23am On Apr 12, 2010
Kobojunkie:

If you can prove they were not purchased, please go right ahead!

Babangida NEVER SAVED Ibos during those years. In fact, he polarized the country even more by installing Northerners and removing qualified southerners from office so he could control it all. I am sorry, but if you lived through those years, there is NO WAY you can come in here to tell us what he never did. I particular remember the east had hope the early years but at the end, that place was almost desolate.

I gave you an assignment: Find out what IBB did for the Igbo prompting them to give him the title Oguguo Ndigbo.
Find out and then return.

I used to be as naive as you during the June 12 saga and even until a few months back. I used to be among those calling Arthur Nzeribe names. I stopped when I grew up to understand Nigeria more. My first choice of candidate for next years election  (Donald Duke) doesn't even stand a chance. The most realistic (and by implication- best) person to take over next year is IBB.

You can build your castle in the air. I cannot afford that luxury.

Nigeria can actually disintegrate if OBJ's injustices continue. cool
Re: I’ll Run For 2011 Presidential Polls, Says Ibrahaim Babangida by Kobojunkie: 6:34am On Apr 12, 2010
Onlytruth:

I gave you an assignment: Find out what IBB did for the Igbo prompting them to give him the title Oguguo Ndigbo.
Find out and then return.

I already told you that just about anyone can buy a title. Abiola did that in abundance. Even Yar adua has the title Matawalin Katsina - "custodian of wealth of Katsina" - given to him by the Emir of Katsina when he was governor. Imagine that? LOL

If you can however prove that the title was not BOUGHT, please show us.

Onlytruth:
I used to be as naive as you during the June 12 saga and even until a few months back. I used to be among those calling Arthur Nzeribe names. I stopped when I grew up to understand Nigeria more. My first choice of candidate for next years election (Donald Duke) doesn't even stand a chance. The most realistic (and by implication- best) person to take over next year is IBB.

You can build your castle in the air. I cannot afford that luxury.

Nigeria can actually disintegrate if OBJ's injustices continue. cool

Authur Nzeribe? lol

Uumm. . . if you do not understand the rotational system, you better get to it. A Northerner is most likely to be president again next year. It does not have to be IBB though. Rather than coming on here to paint the "devil" in bright colors, why not instead look for someone else who at least has something better to offer than an 8 year record marred with controversy and tyranny?
Nigeria disintegrate with OBJ? Are you sure you understand what is going on here? You have a set of people who are willing to hold the country hostage for as long as they can because they have realized that as long as they do and remember to throw the people a bone or two here and there, they will not only continue to be in power, but keep the people in a passive state.
In my opinion, as long as Obasanjo, and those in charge today, are there, your dreams will never be realized. Notice what just happened with Jonathan? The North, and courts called for Yar adua to be removed but FEC and Dora said NO. Instead, they decided to have Jonathan in there so they can continue to hold on to power, probably until the next election by which time they can engineer the next transfer, probably meant to keep the country glued together for another term for them. Notice how the AC party acts like no other opposition party you have ever seen? The party opposes next to nothing that the PDP does. You think that is because AC Party does not like what is going on? Are you sure?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Photos From The PDP Massive Presidential Campaign Rally In Makurdi, Benue / Drama As Power failure Disrupts Senate Probe On Power / Buhari’s Body Language No Longer Working – Fasehun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.