Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,212 members, 7,829,346 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

See What A Feminist Has To Say About A World Without Men - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / See What A Feminist Has To Say About A World Without Men (23354 Views)

Our Ladies Are Aging Without Men In Their Life / A World Without Men / Angela Nwosu Smoking: "I Am Not A Wife Material, I Am Not A Feminist" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See What A Feminist Has To Say About A World Without Men by Tajbol4splend(m): 4:17pm On Mar 24, 2018
lefulefu:
well from time immemorial humans have always been thriving on hate.

This generation is worst of all, too bad
Re: See What A Feminist Has To Say About A World Without Men by Nobody: 4:20pm On Mar 24, 2018
Tajbol4splend:

This generation is worst of all, too bad
true sha.anyway u just roll with the tide and don't let the hate get into ucheesy.
Re: See What A Feminist Has To Say About A World Without Men by highqueen(f): 4:27pm On Mar 24, 2018
I can see our NL men gloating all over this thread, sometimes it feels good knowing that some feminist still appreciate your presence on earth.cheesy

2 Likes

Re: See What A Feminist Has To Say About A World Without Men by Nobody: 4:28pm On Mar 24, 2018
ina ehn sad

I am tired of commenting on feminism, but it's obvious some ladies on nairaland don't understand the meaning of feminism

"Equal chances" doesn't mean "the same abilities"

We don't need the same abilities to demand equal opportunities, but our limitations may still define us.

However, that is no longer anyone's problems

For example, we won't remove a slow child from school just because he/she is not as bright as his/her mates, we will give them equal chances to prove themselves

That is what true feminism is all about, but it obvious that men will always take the lead in the world because of our very nature and privileges. I.e we don't carry a child for nine months, we don't have monthly periods etc.

Nonetheless, some women will still take advantage of these equal opportunities, in spite of these circumstances.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What A Feminist Has To Say About A World Without Men by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 4:42pm On Mar 24, 2018
highqueen:
I can see our NL men gloating all over this thread, sometimes it feels good knowing that some feminist still appreciate your presence on earth.cheesy
True sis . grin

1 Like

Re: See What A Feminist Has To Say About A World Without Men by Harshirama(m): 5:17pm On Mar 24, 2018
daviesblaze:
came across this on quora. this was her view about a world without women.
her answer pretty make a lot of sense

We would be well and truly f*cked.

Putting aside the obvious issue of repopulation, our daily lives would grind to a halt.

Our entire infrastructure is pretty much thought up by men, built by men, managed and maintained by men.

Roads, bridges, factories, cars, petrol stations, sewer systems, nuclear plants, houses etc.

Who’s doing the farming that supplies food to the grocery stores? Who’s driving most of the trucks that deliver the goods to the grocery stores? Who built the grocery stores? Who designed the trucks that deliver the goods? Who built the factory that built the trucks? And so on.

Sure, women could engineer or design things, but would women alone be able to physically build a great big, Bleep-off bridge that’s miles long?

A woman could most certainly survive without a man in her own life. But, in today’s context, women would struggle without men in their world.

I am so grateful for the contributions of men in our daily lives. Don’t go. We need you. :-)

EDIT: I’ve made an interesting observation about the responses to this answer. With the exception of three women, all the upvotes have been from men. Yesterday, one woman actually accused me of hating other women and being part of the reason women are held back. Held back? As far as I know, there’s no law stopping her from applying for construction jobs. She could design and build all the bridges she wants all her live long days. I’d tip my hat to her.

All of this does make me wonder: Are women nowadays that afraid of praising men for all they do and all they are? Does admitting that men contribute enormously make women inferior? And if that’s the thinking, then why? One has nothing to do with the other. There are millions of people in the world who are better than I am at some things, but it doesn’t make me shit, or less valuable. This answer need not be a contest. I have many views on a world without women too. The words ‘black, empty void’ spring to mind :-) Just a thought. Carry on.
............................................................................................................................................................................................
jejely waiting for some lambasting from some confused b*tch with a pretty f*cked up concept about feminism lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
This is the difference between a typical nairaland comment and comments on quora and the difference between confused men-haters and actual feminists.
Re: See What A Feminist Has To Say About A World Without Men by neezar: 5:21pm On Mar 24, 2018
highqueen:
Ladyhippolyta88:
True sis . grin
lol....Are u both feminists??

1 Like

Re: See What A Feminist Has To Say About A World Without Men by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 5:24pm On Mar 24, 2018
neezar:

If I talk now they will say nairaland ladies know nothing about feminism and are just confused.That is how nairaland guys react to console themselves.Well because it is you neezer I would give you a reply read between the lines.
Re: See What A Feminist Has To Say About A World Without Men by neezar: 5:35pm On Mar 24, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
If I talk now they will say nairaland ladies know nothing about feminism and are just confused.That is how nairaland guys react to console themselves.Well because it is you neezer I would give you a reply read between the lines.
I will bite ur lips oo angry

Stop insulting guys here oo wink
Re: See What A Feminist Has To Say About A World Without Men by Nobody: 5:37pm On Mar 24, 2018
AntiBrutus:
Well written. We should endeavour to give honour to whom it is due.
That said: How did you know she is feminist?
Anyway, the menist would like this cheesy
AntiBrutus can i ask you a question?
Re: See What A Feminist Has To Say About A World Without Men by Nobody: 5:38pm On Mar 24, 2018
WORDWORLD:

AntiBrutus can i ask you a question?

You can smiley
Re: See What A Feminist Has To Say About A World Without Men by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 5:39pm On Mar 24, 2018
neezar:

I will bite ur lips oo angry

Stop insulting guys here oo wink
I don't insult nairaland guys it is the other way around.
Re: See What A Feminist Has To Say About A World Without Men by neezar: 5:41pm On Mar 24, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
I don't insult nairaland guys it is the other way around.
I understand, Just tone it down

You weren't like this before sef...wetin happen sad
Re: See What A Feminist Has To Say About A World Without Men by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 5:45pm On Mar 24, 2018
neezar:

I understand, Just tone it down

You weren't like this before sef...wetin happen sad
I have always been like this.
Re: See What A Feminist Has To Say About A World Without Men by neezar: 5:46pm On Mar 24, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
I have always been like this.
hmmm

ok then
Re: See What A Feminist Has To Say About A World Without Men by donstan18: 5:49pm On Mar 24, 2018
neezar:
They are not cheesy

1 Like

Re: See What A Feminist Has To Say About A World Without Men by Nobody: 5:52pm On Mar 24, 2018
AntiBrutus:

You can smiley

What is it that tickles you so much that at most times you can't help but jump into threads almost anytime you hear that 'F' word while you say you aint a FEMINIST.
Re: See What A Feminist Has To Say About A World Without Men by donstan18: 5:54pm On Mar 24, 2018
grin cheesy grin
Re: See What A Feminist Has To Say About A World Without Men by Amarabae(f): 5:54pm On Mar 24, 2018
She is very stupid and dumb.
Yes there are men who invented stuffs but is that olodo trying to tell us that women invented nothing?
Education helps people to invent and create,
And education is one thing that was denied from many women back in those days in some cultures,
Even now in some places, some take training a girl in school as waste of resources.

She should shut up.

A world without men will be paradise.
Men invented war, bloodshed, killings, crimes, rape, homosexuality, etc.

Men are important in their own way,
So are women!

1 Like

Re: See What A Feminist Has To Say About A World Without Men by donstan18: 5:57pm On Mar 24, 2018
No matter how a monkey deny it's love for banana, each time banana surfaces, there must be a reaction from the said monkey.

-Donstan quoting on those not brave enough to accept what they are, but react at a glance of it.
Re: See What A Feminist Has To Say About A World Without Men by Harshirama(m): 6:00pm On Mar 24, 2018
Amarabae:
Yes there are men who invented stuffs but is that olodo trying to tell us that women invented nothing?
And education is one thing that was denied from many women back in those days in some cultures,
Even now in some places, some take training a girl in school as waste of resources.

She should shut up.

So are women!

Where did she say women don't invent,even with education and all that there are still some things too strenuous for women and are typically done by men. I'm not against women clamouring for their rights but hating on men is shit.
And a world without men will be paradise? Joke of the century

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What A Feminist Has To Say About A World Without Men by Nobody: 6:01pm On Mar 24, 2018
WORDWORLD:

What is it that tickles you so much that at most times you can't help but jump into threads almost anytime you hear that 'F' word while you say you aint a FEMINIST.

Same way it tickles you all,even though you're not a "misogynist".

2 Likes

Re: See What A Feminist Has To Say About A World Without Men by Nobody: 6:07pm On Mar 24, 2018
AntiBrutus:

Same way it tickles you all,even though you're not a misogynist.
I hope you know you didn't answer my question.
Re: See What A Feminist Has To Say About A World Without Men by Nobody: 6:09pm On Mar 24, 2018
WORDWORLD:

I hope you know you didn't answer my question.

If you say so...

1 Like

Re: See What A Feminist Has To Say About A World Without Men by Thegamingorca(m): 6:11pm On Mar 24, 2018
AntiBrutus:

If you say so...

What's up? How you doing? kiss kiss
Re: See What A Feminist Has To Say About A World Without Men by Nobody: 6:12pm On Mar 24, 2018
Amarabae:

She should shut up.

So are women!

Haba! Why not try to reason along with her before reacting. It's not like there are no women in the sectors she mentioned but that those sectors are dominated by men. When it comes to road/bridge construction, how many women do you see doing such jobs? Due to the complex nature of such jobs, you find men doing them than women. Realistically speaking, there's a limit to what a woman could handle, there are jobs for men, and jobs for women. Conversely, she didn't in anyway say women are useless to the society.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What A Feminist Has To Say About A World Without Men by Nobody: 6:13pm On Mar 24, 2018
Thegamingorca:

What's up? How you doing? kiss kiss

I am fine, you?
Re: See What A Feminist Has To Say About A World Without Men by JONNYSPUTE(m): 6:16pm On Mar 24, 2018
kimbraa:
Haba! Why not try to reason along with her before reacting. It's not like there are no women in the sectors she mentioned but that those sectors are dominated by men. When it comes to road/bridge construction, how many women do you see doing such jobs? Due to the complex nature of such jobs, you find men doing them than women. Realistically speaking, there's a limit to what a woman could handle, there are jobs for men, and jobs for women. Conversely, she didn't in anyway say women are useless to the society.
. I know say you dey like bash me,but for this ur comment,I give u 1000 likes.

3 Likes

Re: See What A Feminist Has To Say About A World Without Men by Nobody: 6:16pm On Mar 24, 2018
AntiBrutus:

If you say so...
Hmm..AntiBrutus-bru-bru-poco-poco-pocohantas. You dey dribble me abi. Okay o!
Re: See What A Feminist Has To Say About A World Without Men by donstan18: 6:16pm On Mar 24, 2018
kimbraa:

Why stress yourself?

Hatred for men didn't allow her understand the said lady.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Why Do Most Guys Feel It's Only "Churcheous" And Good Girls That Are Virgins?? / She Is Married But She Called Her Ex For Christmas Gift / 7 Valid Reasons Why Nigerian Men Date Fat Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.