Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,327 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:53 AM

God Is An Atheist: What Theists Cant argue.Discover God's God - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Is An Atheist: What Theists Cant argue.Discover God's God (15276 Views)

Dear Atheist, What If You Died And Appeared Before The Devil in hell? / To the atheist, what do you think? / Atheist, What Would You Consider Evidence Of God's Existence? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Is An Atheist: What Theists Cant argue.Discover God's God by HardMirror(m): 3:20pm On May 25, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Is it no longer the popular atheist jingle that atheism was the status quo? So the claim God does not exist to an atheist came first before God exists.

If you claim God was the invention of the human mind according to the video in your OP which you agree with then it means the God does not exist claim came first doesn't it? grin

So prove your claim simple grin
you say god exist. i say he does not exist.
why?
you say your god is all loving. i fail to see that evidence.
you say he is all powerful i dont see how it is all powerful.
you say he is all knowing. yet to see any prove this god is all knowing.
my prove you god does not exist lies in the fact that your god is none of what you or you bible says it is.
Re: God Is An Atheist: What Theists Cant argue.Discover God's God by Butterflyleo: 3:21pm On May 25, 2018
HardMirror:
yeah, something i dont believe exists. if you like sit on that since you have nothing meaning full to say in defence of your imaginary god

Your OP is dead and buried dude. Your arguments now have shifted from your OP. grin

Keep flogging a dead horse cheesy
Re: God Is An Atheist: What Theists Cant argue.Discover God's God by Butterflyleo: 3:22pm On May 25, 2018
HardMirror:
you say god exist. i say he does not exist.
why?
you say your god is all loving. i fail to see that evidence.
you say he is all powerful i dont see how it is all powerful.
you say he is all knowing. yet to see any prove this god is all knowing.
my prove you god does not exist lies in the fact that your god is none of what you or you bible says it is.

Your evidence for the lack of existence of God should not come from what also says he exists. It should come from an independent source.

What is your evidence to the claim that God does not exist?
Re: God Is An Atheist: What Theists Cant argue.Discover God's God by Chevrolet076(m): 3:22pm On May 25, 2018
Butterflyleo:
When mental devolution becomes patented by those above me and barred from copyright infringement then I totally understand why they still lack the capacity to understand their own OP despite it being about GOD (eternal) and not god (not eternal) despite seun clearly hinting on the absurdity of God's God in his comment.

Well not everyone is expected to be smart anyways. cheesy grin
@ butterfly,
i've actually seen your arguments based on facts, readings, and sense making..... but i don't know which of the Gods you Believe In, is it that of the christians or muslims, or traditionalist... and how do you even come to the conclusion that you are right about that God., did you even give any other god a chance to prove itself?....
Re: God Is An Atheist: What Theists Cant argue.Discover God's God by HardMirror(m): 3:22pm On May 25, 2018
Butterflyleo:

I could also say that you are the evidence that God exists because you are always talking about a God you already claimed does not exist.

Last time I checked, for something not to exist means it shouldn't even cross your mind at all not to even make you talk about it so passionately.

If God doesn't exist as you claim then you would not be constantly dwelling on him and talking about him.

Do you talk about orieegujakbfbdiebnans? You don't!

Why? It does not exist. grin
Savvy?
yh. i dont talk about it cos it does not exist. i talk about zeus as a fictional character, i could accept yahweh as a fictional character too, but problem starts when you tell me it is real yet nothing to show that it is real.
Re: God Is An Atheist: What Theists Cant argue.Discover God's God by HardMirror(m): 3:25pm On May 25, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Your evidence for the lack of existence of God should not come from what also says he exists. It should come from an independent source.

What is your evidence to the claim that God does not exist?
my evidence comes from reality. using reality to check what you claim is true. i see no evidence in reality that a god exists, not one that fits the description your book gives
Re: God Is An Atheist: What Theists Cant argue.Discover God's God by dalaman: 3:27pm On May 25, 2018
Godpolymath:
Have you seen when Nigerian christians claim to be descendant of Abraham,I never believed brainwashing is real till i saw the world from a different perspective.

Religionis a culture war and we Africans have lost it totally. It is only Africans that mostly trace their origins to the Jewish or Arabic ancestry because they have totally lost out of the culture wars. I am presently in Nigeria and was listening to a Muslim preacher preaching not long ago in my friend's office, he is a Muslim and was playing the tafsir on his laptop when I entered, he left for like 20 mins to attend to some clients outside while I listened . The preacher saw reality through the ideas of the ancient people that wrote the Koran and the culture they were trying to establish. It is this same reality he was trying to make his listeners to accept as the only true reality.

We will always be second fiddles to these people as long as we continue to view reality through their cultural outlook. We have totally lost the culture war. Else how will a Nigerian man be shouting that Abraham is his father as if he is mentally unstable.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: God Is An Atheist: What Theists Cant argue.Discover God's God by Butterflyleo: 3:27pm On May 25, 2018
HardMirror:
knockout!
man is always the one speaking for god. fighting for god. acting for god. so much for a god that exists

How you cannot see your own error is amazing grin

Atheists are still the ones talking so much about a supposed non existent God. What part of God does not exist do they not understand?

For something not to exist it means IT HAS NO REALITY. Why then do you get so fixated on what you claim has no reality and talk about it as if it indeed had a reality?

You try to assess him based on the attributes you say are found in the bible but you fail to realise that you should not even be assessing him with anything BECAUSE TO YOU HE DOES NOT EXIST! grin

What you are actually doing all day every day is simply trying to reaffirm to yourself that he does not exist and not that you truly have accepted that he does not exist.

Read this over and over again and the light will dawn on you. cheesy
Re: God Is An Atheist: What Theists Cant argue.Discover God's God by Butterflyleo: 3:28pm On May 25, 2018
HardMirror:
my evidence comes from reality. using reality to check what you claim is true. i see no evidence in reality that a god exists, not one that fits the description your book gives

But you also do not see evidence in reality to talk about this non existent God as if he existed YET YOU DO ALL DAY, EVERY DAY! grin

Who then is fooling who?
Re: God Is An Atheist: What Theists Cant argue.Discover God's God by Nobody: 3:28pm On May 25, 2018
Butterflyleo:

I could also say that you are the evidence that God exists because you are always talking about a God you already claimed does not exist.

Last time I checked, for something not to exist means it shouldn't even cross your mind at all not to even make you talk about it so passionately.

If God doesn't exist as you claim then you would not be constantly dwelling on him and talking about him.

Savvy?
lol this is a ridiculous defence to prove your claim..

you said why we talk about god?,remember god is just a title..its different names all over the world.

Ask why do we talk about santa claus or maybe easter bunny?The concept of those myths is good and can make a brilliant story that is why myths last so long..

But when a whole human race took those myths as true,its disastrous and a good cause for alarm.

So we as a specie and maybe one of the intelligent being shouldnt dwell on false belief because we want a loving father,,what example are we setting for later lifes outside our cosmos
Re: God Is An Atheist: What Theists Cant argue.Discover God's God by Butterflyleo: 3:30pm On May 25, 2018
HardMirror:

yh. i dont talk about it cos it does not exist. i talk about zeus as a fictional character, i could accept yahweh as a fictional character too, but problem starts when you tell me it is real yet nothing to show that it is real.

Lmao

How passionately do you engage in Zeus chats as you do about God?

Declaring God exists to you always triggers some passionate response about his alleged non existence from you atheists. grin

The key to your problem and the answer to your problems lies in when you begin to question why you must always pick offence or become passionate whenever comments like God exists are mentioned cheesy

Subconscious reality is evident all over you guys but you will always fail to see it.
Re: God Is An Atheist: What Theists Cant argue.Discover God's God by Chevrolet076(m): 3:31pm On May 25, 2018
@ mr or mrs butterflyleo., can you please address the question i raised up there?... thanks in anticipation
Re: God Is An Atheist: What Theists Cant argue.Discover God's God by Nobody: 3:33pm On May 25, 2018
dalaman:

Religionis a culture war and we Africans have lost it totally. It is only Africans that mostly trace their origins to the Jewish or Arabic ancestry because they have totally lost out of the culture wars. I am presently in Nigeria and was listening to a Muslim preacher preaching not long ago in my friend's office, he is a Muslim and was playing the tafsir on his laptop when I entered, he left for like 20 mins to attend to some clients outside while I listened . The preacher saw reality through the ideas of the ancient people that wrote the Koran and the culture they were trying to establish. It is this same reality he was trying to make his listeners to accept as the only true reality.

We will always be second fiddles to these people as long as we continue to view reality through their cultural outlook. We have totally lost the culture war. Else how will a Nigerian man be shouting that Abraham is his father as if he is mentally unstable.
We have lost our identity,it is such a shame.

I know a good education can fix the problem,imagine biology teacher saying the world was created in 7 days!!!
Re: God Is An Atheist: What Theists Cant argue.Discover God's God by Butterflyleo: 3:35pm On May 25, 2018
Godpolymath:
lol this is a ridiculous defence to prove your claim..

you said why we talk about god?,remember god is just a title..its different names all over the world.

Ask why do we talk about santa claus or maybe easter bunny?The concept of those myths is good and can make a brilliant story that is why myths last so long..

But when a whole human race took those myths as true,its disastrous and a good cause for alarm.

So we as a specie and maybe one of the intelligent being shouldnt dwell on false belief because we want a loving father,,what example are we setting for later lifes outside our cosmos

Here you are still talking about him. Does it matter who believes he exists? You certainly don't so how does their belief cause you so much passionate pain?

What part of your claim that God does not exist do you yet find difficult to accept?
Re: God Is An Atheist: What Theists Cant argue.Discover God's God by dalaman: 3:35pm On May 25, 2018
Butterflyleo:

I talk about God just the way you talk about evolution. Does evolution exist because you talk about it a lot of times? I talk with people that believe in God which is an idea about the idea (God). You believe in the idea and always try to make a case for it, I disbelieve in the idea and always try to show you that the idea isn't what you are saying it is. If God exist I'll be talking and arguing with it and NOT with you.

Your passionate talk about evolution means it exist abi?

Savvy?

I talk about God because people believe in the idea, I don't talk to any God because none exist, I only talk to people that believe in the God of a about their Gods.

What is orieegujakbfbdiebnans?

2 Likes

Re: God Is An Atheist: What Theists Cant argue.Discover God's God by HardMirror(m): 3:36pm On May 25, 2018
Butterflyleo:

But you also do not see evidence in reality to talk about this non existent God as if he existed YET YOU DO ALL DAY, EVERY DAY! grin

Who then is fooling who?
ohhh! i do. i see my family members talking and praying to this god. i live i a reality filled with talk about this god. but aside the talk, there is nothing that correlates with what this god is said to be. this god is as good as the toothfairy my little cousins talk about everytime yet no evidence of this tooth fairy in reality. but because of the influence of cable tv it is hard to tell them tooth fairies dont exist. so i have 8 cousins who still believe tooth fairies exist and they talk about it and sometimes i am forces to chip in a word or two when they do.
Re: God Is An Atheist: What Theists Cant argue.Discover God's God by HardMirror(m): 3:37pm On May 25, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Here you are still talking about him. Does it matter who believes he exists? You certainly don't so how does their belief cause you so much passionate pain?

What part of your claim that God does not exist do you yet find difficult to accept?
just like unicorns, tooth fairies and what have you that children believe. right?
Re: God Is An Atheist: What Theists Cant argue.Discover God's God by Nobody: 3:37pm On May 25, 2018
lets call a spade a spade

zeus is zeus and yahwe is yahwe,if there is a god it certainly aint those those..

so atheist call yahwe by his name lets stop making him "god"
Re: God Is An Atheist: What Theists Cant argue.Discover God's God by butterflylion: 3:39pm On May 25, 2018
HardMirror:
just like unicorns, tooth fairies and what have you that children believe. right?

Stop being childish and pushing forward stale arguments.

How many unicorn or toothfairy threads have you opened? cheesy
Re: God Is An Atheist: What Theists Cant argue.Discover God's God by AtYourCervix: 3:39pm On May 25, 2018
Godpolymath:

I know a good education can fix the problem,imagine biology teacher saying the world was created in 7 days!!!

That he's a biology teacher doesn't mean he can't hold the belief in 7day creation, only if he makes that claim during class and shoehorns it into the subject does he deserve criticism

Intelligent people in one field can hold idiotic beliefs in another, infact many people we respect for their intelligence display cluelessness and idiocy in other fields
Re: God Is An Atheist: What Theists Cant argue.Discover God's God by HardMirror(m): 3:39pm On May 25, 2018
Godpolymath:

the situation is worse. doctors and professors believe too. my dad had to go through a series of surgeries and it is funny how strong a christian he is and how he and mum spiritualize everything, yet god could not heal him, but science did.
Re: God Is An Atheist: What Theists Cant argue.Discover God's God by butterflylion: 3:41pm On May 25, 2018
HardMirror:
ohhh! i do. i see my family members talking and praying to this god. i live i a reality filled with talk about this god. but aside the talk, there is nothing that correlates with what this god is said to be. this god is as good as the toothfairy my little cousins talk about everytime yet no evidence of this tooth fairy in reality. but because of the influence of cable tv it is hard to tell them tooth fairies dont exist. so i have 8 cousins who still believe tooth fairies exist and they talk about it and sometimes i am forces to chip in a word or two when they do.

So you do not pick offense when your 8 little cousins talk about the existence of tooth fairies so passionately yet you do whenever God is brought in right? grin

Subconscious reality. You have no idea where your own problem lies obviously
Re: God Is An Atheist: What Theists Cant argue.Discover God's God by dalaman: 3:41pm On May 25, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Lmao

How passionately do you engage in Zeus chats as you do about God?

Declaring God exists to you always triggers some passionate response about his alleged non existence from you atheists. grin

The key to your problem and the answer to your problems lies in when you begin to question why you must always pick offence or become passionate whenever comments like God exists are mentioned cheesy

Subconscious reality is evident all over you guys but you will always fail to see it.

You are very emotionally attached to your beliefs and as such you always use emotions when talking about your beliefs. He can not talk about Zeus because he was not raised and forcefully indoctrinated to accept the Zeus mythology, he was raised and forcefully indoctrinated and made to accept the Jesus mythology, failure to do so he was told had dire consequences. It is that indoctrination and child abuse he is trying to undo by challenging the entire belief system. Since there is no God to challenge, he can only challenge those that believe in the concept of God he was indoctrinated with as a child.

If God exist we will have God and not arguments for or against. If God exist you will NEVER make any case for it. It will do that itself.
Re: God Is An Atheist: What Theists Cant argue.Discover God's God by Nobody: 3:41pm On May 25, 2018
Butterflyleo:

You have no idea what religions have caused humanity,look it up!

i talk about it cause billions of deluded people believe in it..

Every discovery made by science is a cause not to believe in a god---Godpolymath

2 Likes

Re: God Is An Atheist: What Theists Cant argue.Discover God's God by HardMirror(m): 3:43pm On May 25, 2018
butterflylion:

Stop being childish and pushing forward stale arguments.

How many unicorn or toothfairy threads have you opened? cheesy
as i have said before religion has a big influence on our society, would i leave that and talk about tooth fairies? is your problem the fact that we are calling religion out? dont be afraid. it would die a natural death. more people are getting to know and think wink
Re: God Is An Atheist: What Theists Cant argue.Discover God's God by dalaman: 3:43pm On May 25, 2018
HardMirror:
the situation is worse. doctors and professors believe too. my dad had to go through a series of surgeries and it is funny how strong a christian he is and how he and mum spiritualize everything, yet god could not heal him, but science did.

Yet all the credit will go to God instead of the doctors and the drugs that healed him.
Re: God Is An Atheist: What Theists Cant argue.Discover God's God by butterflylion: 3:43pm On May 25, 2018
dalaman:

I talk about God just the way you talk about evolution. Does evolution exist because you talk about it a lot of times? I talk with people that believe in God which is an idea about the idea (God). You believe in the idea and always try to make a case for it, I disbelieve in the idea and always try to show you that the idea isn't what you are saying it is. If God exist I'll be talking and arguing with it and NOT with you.

Your passionate talk about evolution means it exist abi?

I talk about God because people believe in the idea, I don't talk to any God because non exist, I only talk to people that believe in the God of a about their Gods.

What is orieegujakbfbdiebnans?

Non existence translates to a void. Emptiness. Blank. There should be nothing to talk about in the case of non existence.

If God indeed does not exist then there should be absolutely nothing to talk about from your angle. Asking me what orieegujakbfbdiebnans is is the same way you should be asking me what God is. Because to you, both do not exist.

Savvy? grin
Re: God Is An Atheist: What Theists Cant argue.Discover God's God by Nobody: 3:44pm On May 25, 2018
HardMirror:
so true,you need to see my mum casting and binding rats,wall gecko and other animals found in the house,it is funny ehnn

Abeg what is ancestral spirit i always hear pastor casting and destroying? grin
Re: God Is An Atheist: What Theists Cant argue.Discover God's God by butterflylion: 3:46pm On May 25, 2018
HardMirror:
as i have said before religion has a big influence on our society, would i leave that and talk about tooth fairies? is your problem the fact that we are calling religion out? dont be afraid. it would die a natural death. more people are getting to know and think wink

Sorry but I am not religious and you certainly cannot call "religion" out same way you cannot call "God" out.

Once one does not exist then the other follows. If you say religion is a big influence in the society then its clear now that you are the one with a problem because atheism hasn't had that much influence on this scale so it must hurt cheesy

You will heal. Don't worry.
Re: God Is An Atheist: What Theists Cant argue.Discover God's God by Nobody: 3:46pm On May 25, 2018
HardMirror:
I believe in some years time,anybody preaching about their god will be treated as mental case..

It will be sad i wont be there to see it.

2 Likes

Re: God Is An Atheist: What Theists Cant argue.Discover God's God by HardMirror(m): 3:46pm On May 25, 2018
dalaman:

You are very emotionally attached to your beliefs and as such you always use emotions when talking about your beliefs. He can not talk about Zeus because he was not raised and forcefully indoctrinated to accept the Zeus mythology, he was raised and forcefully indoctrinated and made to accept the Jesus mythology, failure to do so he was told had dire consequences. It is that indoctrination and child abuse he is trying to undo by challenging the entire belief system. Since there is no God to challenge, he can only challenge those that believe in the concept of God he was indoctrinated with as a child.

If God exist we will have God and not arguments for or against. If God exist you will NEVER make any case for it. It will do that itself.
absolutely. we wont be talking about it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Why Is Apostolic Faith Church So Quiet Among The Pentecostal Churches? / Should I Give My First Salary As Firstfruits Offering? / Kemi Olunloyo: Pastors And Their Aspirations To Be Like Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.