Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,995 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding (60545 Views)

Who Is Tracy? Pregnant Woman Quizzes Her Husband Who Insists He Is Not Cheating / Foreigner Flies To Nigeria To Wed His Lover At Ikoyi Registry (video) / Don’t Trust Any Of This Girls On The Street...they All Coded Olosho (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Seahawk: 6:08am On Jun 17, 2018
They recently started doing that and I’m glad.
These boys are evil minded

layzie:
Church marriage is recognised by law and I don't think that there is any extra right provided by court marriage that is not inherent in church marriage. They are both under common law...received English law. Lawyers please come in here and clarify this issue.

3 Likes

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Seahawk: 6:13am On Jun 17, 2018
Do you by chance know that the woman’s genes also make up part of the offspring and are carried on and on as long the offspring reproduces until the end of time?

Ignoramus

amethystnnty1:

Good point!

People like to talk about how we've evolved from the lower animal but our fundamentals hasn't changed. The primary role of a woman is the procreation and preservation of the man's genetic legacy while the primary role of a man is provision for and protection of the woman and their legacy.

6 Likes

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by NdiaraIGBO: 6:14am On Jun 17, 2018
Seahawk:
So you evil people think it’s okay to divorce a woman who you probably insisted she stay home and raise your kids and leave her with nothing after you ruined her chances of building a career?

It will never be well with anyone who thinks this way. In Jesus name.
God does not like wickedness so he won’t reward your work. you won’t be successful if you plan to take away someone else’s success because of a supposed role she should play in the family and then turn around to punish her for doing the thing she was told she’s supposed to do.

Umu ekwensu (devil’s children).

No woman should agree with this arrangement.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Divaoiza: 6:14am On Jun 17, 2018
I hope you know that Catholic marriages are equal to Registry marriage. So the same laws govern them. I guess you will also say guys should it marry in the catholic church even if they are members. Myopic poster

3 Likes

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by udemzyudex(m): 6:19am On Jun 17, 2018
Elder001:
I guess this is why men are scared to file for divorce or reluctant to file for divorce because from the way it seems now the law assumes you've wasted the woman's life.

Like only women can file for divorce because if you do you'll lose much.. smh

I won't advice any man(not even my enemy) to do registry marriage .
If a lady insists on registry marriage please she can't be trusted, kindly cancel the wedding.
What if the man dies and the family of the man want to take everything from them?

Registry marriage is good too, just that only a Greedy lady will want to take advantage of it.

1 Like

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Seahawk: 6:19am On Jun 17, 2018
Or she can rent her own house and live comfortably. She doesn’t have to be in her father’s hut.

HARDDON:

Oh yea?

The only wisdom women would wear is that of remaining single all their lives.

You cant bring a feminist mentality and baggage, no matter how evolved you think the world has, into a man's home . So long as a HE, still with the evolution of the world, pays some huge sums as YOUR BRIDE PRICE, you cant run your show the way you deep fit.

If not, be ready to stay in your father's hut!

9 Likes

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Surrey2Bimshire: 6:27am On Jun 17, 2018
amethystnnty1:

I meant pay her with half your assets

More like paying gratuity after resigning/sacked .
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Born2Breed(f): 6:30am On Jun 17, 2018
bebe2:
BUT why are u pple so evil?

Why do u always think like zombies?

So u marry a woman for twenty years, she has kids for u, looked after them while u work, cooks for u , cleans for u, wash ur clothes, U have two houses , in the case of divorce u can not give her one? Are u ok?

Where do u want her to start from?

Don't mind these guys who think more with their third legs.

I'm glad that the number of marriages that takes place in registry from Thursday's to Saturdays are getting higher daily.

Most churches also don't wed couples without their registry certificate. Reasonable men too, prefer the registry first before traditional and church/nikai.

Let the dreamers dream on, if you want divorce based on whatever allegation, be ready to share the property and pay alimony.

3 Likes

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by madridguy(m): 6:40am On Jun 17, 2018
Nice one from the op
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by SoNature(m): 6:40am On Jun 17, 2018
Elder001:
Flee from any woman that request for Registry Marriage.

the request of the woman.

Nigerian law considers marriage as a partnership.

The law assumes when the partnership finally end, nobody leaves empty handed except the woman didn't specifically ask for anything.

I think you should change the judge to magistrate for this piece to look professional

A magistrate is in charge of marital cases/magistrate courts not a judge
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Nobody: 6:42am On Jun 17, 2018
If you like don’t do registry wedding as a woman. It means you are not the legal wife.

So if your husband gets pussy whipped in his older years and marries a sharp second wife, you will be cast to the background with the quickness as the second wife will ensure she is legal.

7 Likes

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by mysticvibe12(m): 6:45am On Jun 17, 2018
tete7000:
People go into marriage thinking it won't last. Marriage built on foundation of sand of distrust and mutual suspicion. Na by force to marry if you already from inception thinking it is not going to work? Devil has indeed taken over the hearts of people and enslaved them with his reign of fear.
brother Jesus, everything isn't devil
moreover, we give our consent before he operates..
so don't devilise your deeds. leave the guy alone.
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Ayomel(m): 6:46am On Jun 17, 2018
Nice one...
Marriage is not for everyone people should know and understand this .
People saying run away from woman that want registry should think smarter...
You love her yes.
She love you yes.
She want registry yes.
And you dont right.
There is something they call prenuptial agreement, with that u are safe if u are smart enough to include every xxxxxx you want in the contract and if she doesn't agree then the wedding will be cancel
Very simple . U go into marriage thinking you know everything about your partner but wozzzzzaaaa he or she is a different creature.
My opinion

2 Likes

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by BBTEE(f): 6:46am On Jun 17, 2018
Very very very small mind thinking small....so. Plan to leave a woman you once claimed to love with nothing all because of divorce....wawu... Even animals deserve better

6 Likes

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by godofuck231: 6:46am On Jun 17, 2018
Back in the US we have stuffs like prenuptial agreements, in case we have someone like Tonto on your back, hi tonto

1 Like

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by LordIsaac(m): 6:48am On Jun 17, 2018
MhisTahrah:
There's no feminist mentality here.Now, imagine yourself as the father of a daughter you struggled so much for.You got her educated at the best schools, provided everything she asked for just so one day your girl will 'blow' and make you a proud father.Only for her to get married one day and become a full time housewife.Her certificate wasting away.All her education amounts to is birthing babies and taking care of the home.Nothing wrong with them 'cept for the fact that some women often sacrifice their lives for the sake of their homes.
See, this mentality of he paid your bride price so he owns you must stop.
We can't put the cart before the horse ! Nay, it's the mentality of paying bride price that should first stop. He who pays the piper dictates the tune. That's common sense. We shouldn't embrace one part of culture and ignore its consequences !

5 Likes

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by mysticvibe12(m): 6:48am On Jun 17, 2018
Just do what you feel is right and don't be overwhelmed by people's bad side of life, some don't even want you to get married...
Note: there's nothing that as advantage and doesn't have its disadvantage. just count your cost and move on
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by emerged01(m): 6:50am On Jun 17, 2018
How can one be looking at the other side of a thing to condemn it not considering the good other side.
If you diligently seek for a wife that suit your life,there is no need to be in fear. Man is the architect of his misfortune in life. You can call women any name you want,you still can't do without them. God gives us discerning spirit to enable us choose wisely with Him being our guide.
Today I have nothing to lose if my wife decided is sharing my wealth with me,there is nothing I have been able to do without her been my side. She has been so supportive. We both work for a common a goal. And the goal is to help our children achieve their God given purpose. Whatever we are able to gather today belongs to children even if we are separated so why the worry and fear?

3 Likes

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Freeko4: 6:51am On Jun 17, 2018
interesting
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by mysticvibe12(m): 6:52am On Jun 17, 2018
MhisTahrah:
There's no feminist mentality here.Now, imagine yourself as the father of a daughter you struggled so much for.You got her educated at the best schools, provided everything she asked for just so one day your girl will 'blow' and make you a proud father.Only for her to get married one day and become a full time housewife.Her certificate wasting away.All her education amounts to is birthing babies and taking care of the home.Nothing wrong with them 'cept for the fact that some women often sacrifice their lives for the sake of their homes.
See, this mentality of he paid your bride price so he owns you must stop.

Madam, This Is Nigeria. firstly, let us acknowledge our culture.
from my point of view, as an educated woman with the space of years you guys lived, you should have something tangible you can call yours (I e house, cars or anything). Dont not depend on he'll provide, I repeat, do not depend. A hardworking, focus and goal getting woman is a turn on
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Offisteven: 7:03am On Jun 17, 2018
MEN; the rule is simple, act like a woman but think like a man, always carve out a plan to provide and solve the challenges in your home,for that's what you are designed todo. be externally soft but hard internal.let your technical decisions stand, be the sailor, its your boat.
when you have firm grip of this few rules, she will learn the ropes then, she will know that there is more to it than sharing of properties.
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by OShepherd: 7:04am On Jun 17, 2018
Ekpanfly:
Mods night done reach make una go sleep
I wan off light lipsrsealed
so na U be NEPA wey dey off our light! Ok now
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Tallesty1(m): 7:04am On Jun 17, 2018
bebe2:
BUT why are u pple so evil?

Why do u always think like zombies?

So u marry a woman for twenty years, she has kids for u looked after them while u work, cooks for u , cleans for u, wash ur clothes, U have two houses , in the case of divorce u can not give her one? Are u ok?

Where do u want her to start from?
This is lame though. The kids are our kids not my kids. Go to most Nigeria homes, you will see that it is the mom that the kids care for most so it is her kids as well.

Conditions for divorce if you did court marriage is weighed heavily in the woman's favor. Truth be told.

5 Likes

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by tete7000(m): 7:05am On Jun 17, 2018
mysticvibe12:

brother Jesus, everything isn't devil
moreover, we give our consent before he operates..
so don't devilise your deeds. leave the guy alone.

What have you said now? Virtually nothing! Maybe you have made yourself happy sha. At least you too typed something brother devil.
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by milemimi93(m): 7:07am On Jun 17, 2018
Elder001:

The issue of sharing of properties cannot come in except the wife claims that as a relief in her answer to the petition for dissolution of marriage.
The law assumes that settlement of property and maintenance is an ancillary relief which a man owes his wife if he files for divorce.

For example a man file for divorce after 20years of marriage to his wife.

The law assumes he's the one filling for divorce after she has given him 20 years of her life. She may even throw in how she supported him(even if it's not financial support) and performed wifely duties to him. The law assumes the man can't leave her with an uncertain financial future (I still don't know whether this implies if the woman is rich.. didn't see anything like that though) after she spent two decades building his.

If she claims for settlement of properties in the marriage, the judge usually would look at the circumstances of the case and facts supplied to reach a decision on what to give her.
Judges have a wide discretionary power to settle matrimonial properties as it deems just to do so.

The judge has a discretion to award reliefs sought by parties in a divorce proceeding, according to the facts and circumstances of the case at hand.
If she specifically ask that she shares in the matrimonial properties and the facts and circumstances makes it justifiable that she does deserve a share, the court will order that.

The law doesn't care about who owns what or what anyone brought into the marriage.

The court can order settlement I. e share any property belonging to any of the parties on the request of the woman.

The law assumes when the partnership finally end, nobody leaves empty handed except the woman didn't specifically ask for anything.

Stay away from marriage whether registry or traditional.. Marriage benefits these ho.es.

Whether the man files for divorce or the woman files for divorce which ever way the man suffers the effect especially if the woman has children for the man.

Guys stay away from marriage..

2 Likes

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Jethrolite(m): 7:08am On Jun 17, 2018
Elder001:

Nigerian law doesn't recognize prenupital agreements.
Wow.
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Damseluc(f): 7:08am On Jun 17, 2018
For you to write this, it simply means you also should not be trusted. why should you be afraid of a Registry marriage if you do not intend to be a devil in the marriage? If you have a clear conscience and good intention towards the woman you want to Marry that should not bother you at all.

6 Likes

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Nobody: 7:08am On Jun 17, 2018
Elder001:

You're asking me that?

do registry marriage with a lady who knows the constitution very well and you'll know who's going to enforce it.

If you like go and do registry marriage.. suicide will end it last last
Nonsense talk. A court would determine that, even if you marry in church, divorce hearings are still done in a court. A court gave approval and the license to the church. A copy goes to the church. All licenses come from a court.
Courts don't even do the worst in favoring women when sharing things.. Property and custody are concerned in Nigeria.

This is ignorance! Meanwhile, registry marriage should be for couples who don't want to get their recognition and license through churches or mosques.. U go get it from a court. No time to waste, no church restrictions and rules and regulations, no spending on people.
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by milemimi93(m): 7:10am On Jun 17, 2018
Offisteven:
MEN; the rule is simple, act like a woman but think like a man, always carve out a plan to provide and solve the challenges in your home,for that's what you are designed todo. be externally soft but hard internal.let your technical decisions stand, be the sailor, its your boat.
when you have firm grip of this few rules, she will learn the ropes then, she will know that there is more to it than sharing of properties.

Will this poo stops her from cheating?
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by moscobabs(m): 7:10am On Jun 17, 2018
Elder001:

The issue of sharing of properties cannot come in except the wife claims that as a relief in her answer to the petition for dissolution of marriage.
The law assumes that settlement of property and maintenance is an ancillary relief which a man owes his wife if he files for divorce.

For example a man file for divorce after 20years of marriage to his wife.

The law assumes he's the one filling for divorce after she has given him 20 years of her life. She may even throw in how she supported him(even if it's not financial support) and performed wifely duties to him. The law assumes the man can't leave her with an uncertain financial future (I still don't know whether this implies if the woman is rich.. didn't see anything like that though) after she spent two decades building his.

If she claims for settlement of properties in the marriage, the judge usually would look at the circumstances of the case and facts supplied to reach a decision on what to give her.
Judges have a wide discretionary power to settle matrimonial properties as it deems just to do so.

The judge has a discretion to award reliefs sought by parties in a divorce proceeding, according to the facts and circumstances of the case at hand.
If she specifically ask that she shares in the matrimonial properties and the facts and circumstances makes it justifiable that she does deserve a share, the court will order that.

The law doesn't care about who owns what or what anyone brought into the marriage.

The court can order settlement I. e share any property belonging to any of the parties on the request of the woman.

Thanks op, but what if she doesnt have any kid and u divorce her base on infidelity or domestic violence?
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Nobody: 7:14am On Jun 17, 2018
moscobabs:

Thanks op, but what if she doesnt have any kid and u divorce her base on infidelity or domestic violent violence ?
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Enice(m): 7:15am On Jun 17, 2018
Elder001:
I guess this is why men are scared to file for divorce or reluctant to file for divorce because from the way it seems now the law assumes you've wasted the woman's life.

Like only women can file for divorce because if you do you'll lose much.. smh

I won't advice any man(not even my enemy) to do registry marriage .
If a lady insists on registry marriage please she can't be trusted, kindly cancel the wedding.
there is no difference between marriage in a registry and a church. They are the same. You are given the same marriage certificate. The only difference is that before it gets to the divorce stage in a church marriage, the church must have intervened. We only have one marriage certificate in Nigeria.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Man Who Recently Married A Lady Who Snatched Him From Her Friend, Speaks / Ex-Gilrfriend Of The Uber Driver That Married A Nigerian Lady Makes Revelations / Pre-wedding Photos Of A Female Soldier And Her Civilian Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.