Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,716 members, 7,816,947 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:53 PM

Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding (60541 Views)

Who Is Tracy? Pregnant Woman Quizzes Her Husband Who Insists He Is Not Cheating / Foreigner Flies To Nigeria To Wed His Lover At Ikoyi Registry (video) / Don’t Trust Any Of This Girls On The Street...they All Coded Olosho (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by egojeny1(f): 7:51am On Jun 17, 2018
LaudableXX:

Is there a marriage certificate issued to couples after they perform a customary marriage, or traditional marriage that serves as proof that their marriage is valid, or has been conducted according to the laws of the land? undecided If you claim you are married, and the embassy requires you to produce your marriage certificate as part of your visa application, what would you give to them after refusing to conduct a court marriage?

When filling forms for tax relief for your spouse/dependant and kids, what marriage certificate would you attach to your application? For other official documentary purposes, what marriage certificate would you support to corroborate your claim that you are married, if you have only conducted a traditional wedding or a customary marriage?

Without a marriage certificate, how would the paternity, interests and heritage of your children be protected, in case a controversy arises, especially if the means to do a DNA test is unavailable? Would you like them to be referred to as 'bastards,' by those who did not witness your traditional wedding, simply because there is no marriage certificate available to support their birth registration documents, which would prove to the world that your kids were not born outside wedlock?

There's a marriage certificate normally issued by the local govt. Can it serve as a marriage cert. from the registry?
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by chris31(m): 7:56am On Jun 17, 2018
bebe2:
BUT why are u pple so evil?

Why do u always think like zombies?

So u marry a woman for twenty years, she has kids for u, looked after them while u work, cooks for u , cleans for u, wash ur clothes, U have two houses , in the case of divorce u can not give her one? Are u ok?

Where do u want her to start from?
Are u done talking?
U women can't be trusted
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by milemimi93(m): 7:56am On Jun 17, 2018
Hey Fellas!

No matter how much u love ur wife, no matter how many kids she has for u, no matter how tight her pvssy is,

never ever I repeat never ever make her ur next of kin.. U will regret it
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by onehouse(m): 7:57am On Jun 17, 2018
First, I consider this as a myopic way of thinking about life and marriage.

As humans, we tend to want to have everything we can grab while alive but the truth is that no one gets out with a pin. Even in the grave, all these are being consume by ants and what have you.

On the other hand, I recall a story I read on motherhoodInStyle, the wife of this man has always pleaded to have registry wedding even after two kids. In the man in question refuses to give in cause he felt the mother of his two kids was after his properties.

Well, as God would have it, she go a job transfer to the US and she needed to relocate there permanently as well with her family - all expense paid. Friends, come and see how this man is begging to go do the registry wedding he once stood against for many years. Of course, it was obvious that the change in attitude was because of his needs to relocate to the US with his family and due to the poor state of his business.

In all, the lady in question has refuse to go to the registry with him and even the lady's father stood by her daughter on this. This simply explains the need to live life as easy as it comes without complicating life with the affection or need to acquire properties thus damaging precious gift of life such as good relationship with those in our lives.

5 Likes

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by milemimi93(m): 8:00am On Jun 17, 2018
Owamudia:

Your uncle hired a failed lawyer.
whether u hire a SAN divorce benefits women..
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Daboomb: 8:05am On Jun 17, 2018
Elder001:
Flee from any woman that request for Registry Marriage.

The issue of sharing of properties cannot come in except the wife claims that as a relief in her answer to the petition for dissolution of marriage.
The law assumes that settlement of property and maintenance is an ancillary relief which a man owes his wife if he files for divorce.

For example a man file for divorce after 20years of marriage to his wife.

The law assumes he's the one filling for divorce after she has given him 20 years of her life.

She may even throw in how she supported him(even if it's not financial support) and performed wifely duties to him. The law assumes the man can't leave her with an uncertain financial future (I still don't know whether this implies if the woman is rich.. didn't see anything like that though) after she spent two decades building his.

If she claims for settlement of properties in the marriage, the judge usually would look at the circumstances of the case and facts supplied to reach a decision on what to give her.
Judges have a wide discretionary power to settle matrimonial properties as it deems just to do so.

The judge has a discretion to award reliefs sought by parties in a divorce proceeding, according to the facts and circumstances of the case at hand.
If she specifically ask that she shares in the matrimonial properties and the facts and circumstances makes it justifiable that she does deserve a share, the court will order that.

The law doesn't care about who owns what or what anyone brought into the marriage.

The court can order settlement I. e share any property belonging to any of the parties on the request of the woman.

Nigerian law considers marriage as a partnership.

The law assumes when the partnership finally end, nobody leaves empty handed except the woman didn't specifically ask for anything.

Two people marry themselves - Husband and wife
Two people own the children produced by the marriage - husband and wife.
Two people work and make money - Husband and wife
Two people enjoy the money they make and use it to buys 'satisfactions' like cars, Jewelries, shoes, clothings,e.t.c - Husband and Wife
Even when they have sex, two people enjoy the sex and climax over and over - Husband and wife
If the woman performs "wifely duties", is it not glaring that the man must have performed "husband duties" or is it easy to keep pounding a woman (even when you are tired from work), week-in, week-out? grin

[b]And if they do the above for twenty or Fifty years, where in it has one of the parties, given his or her life to the other, for those number of years?
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Agwaso: 8:12am On Jun 17, 2018
Addictedtodrugs:
My serious gf want us to do court marriage and I already agreed!! Should I still trust her ?
. I think you can trust her, but if you are not convince about her intentions you can sign a pre-nuptural agreement with your wife to be.
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Nobody: 8:12am On Jun 17, 2018
Addictedtodrugs:
My serious gf want us to do court marriage and I already agreed!! Should I still trust her ?

Yes, be sure to get a prenup
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Nobody: 8:14am On Jun 17, 2018
Jethrolite:
Are there no prenuptial agreements in Nigeria? I see the church wedding as a waste of time and will only do registry and traditional marriages.

The first intelligent reply I've seen on this thread

2 Likes

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Nobody: 8:16am On Jun 17, 2018
Elder001:

Nigerian law doesn't recognize prenupital agreements.

How?
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Ogunleti01: 8:17am On Jun 17, 2018
Elder001:

You're asking me that?

do registry marriage with a lady who knows the constitution very well and you'll know who's going to enforce it.

If you like go and do registry marriage.. suicide will end it last last
what an elder sees sitting down, if a lad climb untop of an iroko tree, he might see nothing
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by CAPSLOCKED: 8:18am On Jun 17, 2018
allanphash7:
Never
WHY THOUGH? GIVE ME YOUR REASON(S).
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Daboomb: 8:18am On Jun 17, 2018
bebe2:

So u marry a woman for twenty years, she has kids for u, looked after them while u work, cooks for u , cleans for u, wash ur clothes, U have two houses , in the case of divorce u can not give her one? Are u ok?

it depends on what was the cause of he divorce.

Legally speaking, "No one should benefit from a criminal act".

If the divorce is because youR caught the wife cheating with another man..... then she should not then benefit from such act, by getting anything from the CURRENT husband.
let her go and get it from the man she was cheating with.
undecided undecided

But if it is just from "normal disagreement that cannot be reconciled", then it may be equitable that the man gives her something, not because they both own it or they must share it fifty-fifty, but out of generosity.

Women should work, just like men and own their own property, instead of trying to leech on their husband or even trying to arrogate his property to themselves once there is disagreement.

The idea that a woman is entitled to half or some other percentage of her husbands property when divorce occurs, is what is prompting so many women in the West, to file for divorce at the slightest excuse, ..... even when they are the culprit!

2 Likes

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by moscobabs(m): 8:19am On Jun 17, 2018
milemimi93:

Finish which case.?
My uncle never had a case.

He caught his wife bleeping a LG chairman he filed for divorce and with the woman's content the court granted it and asked him to placed her on salary
Women cannot be trusted o
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Sterope(f): 8:19am On Jun 17, 2018
The Nigerian family law will not ask the husband to share the properties with the wife if he built it with his money. It would ask only if the wife can also prove that she also contributed to the property mostly financial. It is rare for Nigerian courts to share properties and assets between husband and wife if it is owned by one of them. That is why smart women should insist to have their names on properties.

Also, unless your wife is cray cray that is she can handle herself but if she can't and you love your children (not necessarily her), you will legalise your marriage. The reason is the issue of inheritance after your death.

If you care about her too and the way go your family might treat her, you will legalise your marriage.

Elder001:
I guess this is why men are scared to file for divorce or reluctant to file for divorce because from the way it seems now the law assumes you've wasted the woman's life.

Like only women can file for divorce because if you do you'll lose much.. smh

I won't advice any man(not even my enemy) to do registry marriage .
If a lady insists on registry marriage please she can't be trusted, kindly cancel the wedding.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Enice(m): 8:21am On Jun 17, 2018
Elder001:

are you normal?

I've two copies of the constitution in my house.

Traditional (customary) (customary includes church wedding) marriage ,Islamic and registry are the three types of marriages recognized in the constitution.
for a marriage to be recognised in Nigeria, you have to register it with the appropriate authorities. The local governments are the recognised authorities according to the constitution to issue a marriage certificate. The certificates they issue is the same whether you perform church marriage or registry marriage. Some churches collect a booklet of this certificate from the LGA and issue to those getting married for a fee, part of which is remitted to the LGA. Other church ask the couples to go to the LGA themselves to collect the certificate, after the marriage in the church, the couples return the certificate to the LGA. So stop decieving yourself, be it church or registry, so long as your marriage is registered, you have to go through a divorce in court to break up a marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by moscobabs(m): 8:22am On Jun 17, 2018
Daboomb:

If the divorce is because youR caught the wife cheating with another man..... then she should not then benefit from such act, by getting anything from the CURRENT husband.
undecided undecided

But if it is just from "normal disagreement that cannot be reconciled", then it may be equitable that the man gives her something, not because they both own it or they must share it fifty-fifty, but out of generosity.

Women should work, just like men and own their own property, instead of trying to leech on their husband or even trying to arrogate his property to themselves once there is disagreement.

The idea that a woman is entitled to half or some other percentage of her husbands property when divorce occurs, is what is prompting so many women in the West, to file for divorce at the slightest excuse, ..... even when they are the culprit!
Like how much can a man spend to get a divorce lawyer in Nigeria pls
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Daboomb: 8:25am On Jun 17, 2018
Enice:
for a marriage to be recognised in Nigeria, you have to register it with the appropriate authorities. The local governments are the recognised authorities according to the constitution to issue a marriage certificate. The certificates they issue is the same whether you perform church marriage or registry marriage. Some churches collect a booklet of this certificate from the LGA and issue to those getting married for a fee, part of which is remitted to the LGA. Other church ask the couples to go to the LGA themselves to collect the certificate, after the marriage in the church, the couples return the certificate to the LGA. So stop decieving yourself, be it church or registry, so long as your marriage is registered, you have to go through a divorce in court to break up a marriage.

The above is true.

The only exception is if all you did is a traditional marriage, which is not registered with the Govt and therefore not recognised at law.

1 Like

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by SURElee(f): 8:33am On Jun 17, 2018
In Nigeria, I am yet to hear of a divorce case where court ordered the sharing of properties . Somebody giving me examples and i mean examples that were obeyed o! Even when court orders men to pay certain amounts monthly for kids upkeep all i see is paltry sum sef, some men don't even obey the law sef. So i feel the court marriage thingy isn't as effective in this obodo Nigeria as abroad so why fret .

1 Like

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Daboomb: 8:34am On Jun 17, 2018
moscobabs:

Like how much can a man spend to get a divorce lawyer in Nigeria pls

Your question is like asking: How much will a lawyer take to defend me for Assault?

it all depends on a lot of factors like the 'quality, experience, type, location of the Lawyer, pocket of client, e.t.c

there is no hard-and-fast rule but be aware that the Lawyer must cover his expenses (filing fees, e.t.c) and make a little money for himself (salary, staff salary, office rent, fueling, e.t.c)

But l have seen a few Lawyers do a full divorce for as much as 250K and as low as 50K.

There are also "society divorces" that drags for eternity and the Lawyers can even charge up to 500K or more, depending on what is at stake.

What a SAN will charge will not be the same as what a newly qualified Barrister will charge, for the same divorce.

If you are about to do a divorce and you need a Lawyer (and you are not sure), let me know, l will just send you the phone number of one that l have seen perform well in court and you can negotiate with him.

Leave a PM and a message here for me.
No man should ever be scared or endure hardship in a failed relationship, just because he is scared of going through a divorce.
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Bizibi(m): 8:36am On Jun 17, 2018
Ellabae:
Sincerely Court marriage is not my thing. Since I know I'm going nowhere. I have to trust my man enough. And I don't need to be so interested in my husband's properties. I jst need to make myself financially stable.
this is the comment I expect from ladies.

1 Like

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by ImaIma1(f): 8:38am On Jun 17, 2018
Masterppower:
Court marriage is indeed a terrible disaster in the waiting....

While the original intent was good, bad and evil women/girls have exploited it for their personal aggrandizement.....

Guys, I second the ops opinion...

This word reminds me Buhari's speech when he became military president. He used that word lol
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Bizibi(m): 8:38am On Jun 17, 2018
Daboomb:

undecided undecided

i fear women in the u.s
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by tballeyy(m): 8:40am On Jun 17, 2018
Elder001:
If you love your life..
A word is enough for the wise..

Marry a lady that has her own properties so she won't say
you wasted her life.
You've your own properties ,I've mine.
we're both rich so there's no need requesting for any
property.
If you can't do that I'll advice you not to attempt registry
marriage.
GOD GO BLESS U AND GENERATOR

1 Like

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by crafteck(m): 8:40am On Jun 17, 2018
bebe2:

Not for u.. For us.... Both man and woman sacrifice in marriage
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Bizibi(m): 8:43am On Jun 17, 2018
milemimi93:
Y'all men should learn a lesson from Donald Trump.

Donald Trump would have been the world's richest man if he did not divorced his wife.

That divorce crumbled him..
it didn't crumble him,he is business man and he did prenup in all his marriages.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Nobody: 8:44am On Jun 17, 2018
godofuck231:
Back in the US we have stuffs like prenuptial agreements, in case we have someone like Tonto on your back, hi tonto

She is a classic Nigerian example of how to go about court weddings.

Even if she has decided to be useless, we can use her as a bad example angry

1 Like

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by olowobaba10: 8:44am On Jun 17, 2018
bebe2:

YES AND IF SHE WANTS TO KILL ME OR CHEATS ON ME I WILL GIVE HER ONE OF MY HOUSES, IS THAT HOW YOUR WOODEN AND PLASTIC BRAIN WORKS?

4 Likes

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by nabegibeg: 8:44am On Jun 17, 2018
Una wey never marry una dey blow steam for nairaland all this e-quarrel will amount to rubbish until the day you wan marry then you will know that you wasted your time on stupid issues.

When you are about to marry come share your story or else you all screaming no court marriage should crawl back into the hole you came out from.

Ladies don't marry a guy who is not ready to legalize his union with you ooo. He has ulterior motives

5 Likes

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by tballeyy(m): 8:46am On Jun 17, 2018
Sirmuel1:

Don't you have work? Don't you know the road to your Father's house?

Please I'm not feeling fine, don't insult me cheesy
funny
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Nobody: 8:49am On Jun 17, 2018
Owamudia:

But if it's based on infidelity, nothing for the woman. I hope you know that.

Are you sure?
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by tballeyy(m): 8:51am On Jun 17, 2018
folake4u:
Court Marriage any day,any time. smiley
ole because of properties

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Zambian Man Weds His Dwarf Wife, Kneels Down To Hug And Kiss Her (Photos) / Man Who Recently Married A Lady Who Snatched Him From Her Friend, Speaks / Ex-Gilrfriend Of The Uber Driver That Married A Nigerian Lady Makes Revelations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.