Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,054 members, 7,838,663 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? (13469 Views)

You Should Respect And Appreciate Your Woman More / Do Nigerian Ladies Abroad Find It More Difficult To Find Husbands? / Does Popularity And Fame Make A Man Or Woman More Desirable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jul 15, 2010
eldee:

Don't Pastor Chris me homie . . .

1. Drop the false gangsta language. It doesnt wash with me, i'd rather plain english.

2. There's nothing pastor Chris here, its simply whether you understand the bible or not. Apparently you dont as we'll see below.

eldee:

that part you quoted all qualified the will, not wills of God in different aspects.
You say it like 'good, acceptable and perfect' are a comparative adjectives . . . hell the eff no. It's not 'good, better, best'.
All of them in that verse are inseparable . . . and they are all there for emphasis.

That verse does not count.

I'll start with the bottom here in highlights. That is the TYPICAL response from those who are desperate to prove they are right even in the face of overwhelming evidence that they are totally WRONG.

Sorry, Romans 12:2 DID NOT qualify all the wills as you falsely allude. There is a reason the writer of Romans SPECIFICALLY used that language. The word "perfect" is NOT synonymous to "good" or "acceptable" . . . they are completely different. I did not address them as "comparative adjectives" e.g. good, better, best . . . that is your own delusion.

Lets explain a bit better - remember Balaam? God's PERFECT will was "do not go down with Balak". When he insisted God now said ok just go but only say what i put in your mouth . . . now did God change His mind there? YES . . . that was his permissive/acceptable will in action there. God allows certain things that may be against His original purpose if at the end of the day it brings about His own plan.

Remember David who killed Uriah to marry Bathsheba? Was that God's perfect will by which Solomon would be born? NO! If not God would not have sent Nathan to talk to David and taken the first born from that union.

Remember the parable of the sower? Why do we have some GOOD GROUND bringing 100 fold, some 60 and some 30? Is God's ultimate plan that all of us settle for a mediocre 30 fold rather than 100 fold?

eldee:

As I said, divorce is not the will of God . . .

nothing new. you're flogging a dead horse. I pointed out Mal 2:6 and Matthew 19 as examples of where God was EXPLICIT against divorce. We know it is not His perfect will.

eldee:

Moses allowed it and by so doing, people went against God's will, which we are not to do as Christians. He answered them, "What did MOSES command you?" They said, "MOSES allowed a man to write a certificate of divorce, and to put her away." But Jesus said to them, "For your hardness of heart he wrote you this commandment." Mark 10:5 RSV

It is disobedience, God told us his will in Mal 2:16.

That said, we go to the case of forgiveness . . . if you agree that forgiveness is one major modification that Jesus made to the Mosaic laws (Matt 18:21), then you'll have to agree that it is impossible to be a Christian without forgiving your wife, even for the sin of adultery.

So if the forgiveness contract is what we sign everyday in our contract as Christians in the Lord's Prayer, how can you come out and say you're a Christian if you've not forgiven your cheating spouse??

we all agree with you on this. You're simply rehashing the same story.

eldee:

Oh . . . Luke doesn't record anything about adultery either, even when Jesus was talking about divorce.

You will do much better if you didn't read your own interpretations into the scriptures.

Luke doesnt record it, Mark doesnt but Matthew does. Should we then throw the fact that Matthew records Christ stating adultery as the only motive for divorce out the window because only 1 of 4 gospels quote it? Absurd.

Read Deut 24:1 - that is the verse Christ was quoting directly. Matthew didnt just pick that statement up from the air.
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by oyinda3(f): 11:00pm On Jul 15, 2010

That analogy is B.S . . . excuse my French.

It's funny how you call it weakness when the people that actually show any remorse is the person that's cheated on.
Cheating is only weakness if the cheat doesn't make a choice to do it.
You can't just label things just because it affects you in a particular way.

I might as well say paying taxes is illegal.

everyone has a freedom of choice
if the partner was despoiled, that's the only case where he/she didn't have a choice and that doesn't count as cheating.
or if they agreed to an open marriage. based on what their ideal of a relationship is.

usually, people who cheat will try to find an excuse to justify their act because they know the act is wrong. ie i stole from someone else because i was poor, i cheated because my wife wasn't satisfying me etc. that is a sign of weakness.

i don't get the part in bold.
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by dayokanu(m): 11:06pm On Jul 15, 2010
Hmmmmm
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by oyinda3(f): 11:10pm On Jul 15, 2010
stalker
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by Theblessed(f): 11:10pm On Jul 15, 2010
eldee:

First of all I think bringing religion into this is unreasonable. . . but if you're going to bring in christianity, isn't divorce one thing Jesus forbade??
Isn't 'turn the other cheek' the main amendment to the Jesus made to the laws of Moses??

I'm not surprised though, Jesus said to beware of false prophets . . . grin grin

[b]Our God, is a God of Fairness and Justice hence the commandment, "Thou shall not commit adultery", and you did.  

Yes, in relation to unfaithfulness God hate divorce, no doubts [Malachi 2:16] and on the same token, justified divorce (Matthew 5: 31) on only one ground - this topic we all are dealing with on here - 'infidelity or unfaithfulness'. So, your argument doesn't hold at all and I don't blame you because, you are not of the Faith, you would have known.  

If you analyse Christ teachings well, you'd realise that cases were dealt with, in their own contexts - contexts under which they happened. Listen, it means - you don't work in Ibadan and head off to England to claim your salary, got it?

Therefore, don't generalise based on what you're fed, just read the Bible to substantiate your arguments. No, point arguing over something that is unrelated to the issues we are dealing with on here. We are talking about infidelity or unfaithfulness and it's consequences and I'm sure those who have been victims understands the impact though, not from a Nigerian perspective as they can throw anything on woman - not in the West anyway, and I thank God for that!  And may God bless the suffragettes for giving us a mouth in challenging evil domination of men grin grin grin grin

You mentioned about "Turning the cheek". Turning the cheek is about forgiveness and forgiveness is an individual thing. Forgiveness is the hardest thing for individuals to do but tell me, how many more times would Nigerian women forgive these wayward husbands who understands the commandments yet, knowingly/purposely trash it? How many more times? Because, you seem a naturally forgiving person doesn't qualify you in condemning others who might need God's grace and guidance in this aspect. Please, don't judge!

Personally, I will forgive but I won't cope with it. For there's a difference between forgiving and coping with the aftermaths.  I haven't got that patience and I know my limits.  For me, forgiving means: yes, we're still friends, I will still look out for you but, there's no emotional ties or connection left in me for you - It means I don't love you no more! So, tell me of what use would it be sticking together just to please the neighbours, family and society in general when either of us are not happy?? Is marriage not meant for two happy people that truly love themselves?

To, me a cheat will always be a cheat because, a leopard never changes its spot. Once, a man/woman slept outside his/her marital bed with another person they'd do it all over again but I'm saying sorry, to the unassuming husband/wife.  For me, you don't stand a chance of deceiving/hurting me the second time - no chance!
[/b]
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by Theblessed(f): 11:20pm On Jul 15, 2010
bawomolo:

but what if its oga that owns the house  cool

If Oga don't want to be left in the cold, he shouldn't trash his family into pieces, should he? That's my take! Whether na Oga's ownam o o o and whether it cost ten billion o o  o, Oga go still stay in the dog house until such time when every letter in our agreement is read and analysed by the experts then, we will all be happy.  His loss, not mine. grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by Akobaje: 11:33pm On Jul 15, 2010
Hello Theblessed. Is it possible as a Christian to forgive an erring husband? And why do you think a man who cheats once will cheat again? As for me I think women are the ones who cant stop cheating when they start and they are more adept at it.
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by dayokanu(m): 11:43pm On Jul 15, 2010
oyinda.:

stalker

wink wink wink wink
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by yme1(f): 11:50pm On Jul 15, 2010
^^^^you nor go sleep? tongue grin
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by mamagee3(f): 12:02am On Jul 16, 2010
dayokanu:

Oya na, Weekend for Corpus to corpulate

I wan chop octoPUSSY
Don't worry, Paul the Octopus is calling.

He would even serve as a special dinner meal.
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by dayokanu(m): 12:15am On Jul 16, 2010
y me:

^^^^you nor go sleep? tongue grin

You wan sleep with me?? tongue tongue tongue

mama-gee:

Don't worry, Paul the Octopus is calling.

He would even serve as a special dinner meal.

Oya now, mamagee make we set parole
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by mamagee3(f): 12:20am On Jul 16, 2010
^^Set which parole?

Please, go and sleep. . .your sleeping pills are at work. grin
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by Theblessed(f): 12:32am On Jul 16, 2010
Akobaje:

Hello Theblessed. Is it possible as a Christian to forgive an erring husband? And why do you think a man who cheats once will cheat again? As for me I think women are the ones who cant stop cheating when they start and they are more adept at it.

[b]Yes, its possible but don't expect everyone to.  Yes, one can forgive an error if the person is unaware of what he/she is doing - not when they knew what they were doing.  For example, if a man/woman went off and slept with another person - would they argue they never knew he/she does not look like their husband/wife?? Obviously, they knew and had a choice not to do it but independently chose to do it.  So, how can I cope with that?

My husband had a choice and the woman in front of him is not me - was it in the dark that he couldn't recognise that this woman does not in any ways bear resemblance of me e.g. my hairstyle, smell of my perfume, my bosoms and when he was kissing those lips, they did not feel soft/succulent and voluptuous as mine and then talk of my voice - boy, no excuse here o o o. grin grin grin grin grin  He chose to do it and he's done however, I can't cope.  

Secondly, if women are now competing seriously with men in this aspect - too bad.  But I for one, would never do such a thing whether for revenge o o o or to prove myself o o o - no matter the situation I can't but, there won't be any more loving from me to him - that's all I know.  

Glad you are here eloquently saying that Nigerian women are deeply into this wicked behaviour - not in terms of revenge to a wayward husband but for their own gratifications - that's very bad indeed. But remember, our men taught the women.

When a man takes another man's wife or daughter into a hotel room for his gratification, what does he expect when his wife/daughter are taken by another sugar daddy to the same place?  Men should ask themselves this question and answer it sincerely. It's all good, its all good, isn't it?? So, society has come to a point when a husband and wife can no longer trust each other in marriage then, what's the point of getting married in the first place when you could just drag any man/woman you fancy and make a couple of babies with them (assuming that's your need) thus, forget about marriage.   

You see, some time ago I presented this argument on here "that Nigerian women are as promiscuous as their men" but was jealously attacked by some ignorants here and now you are eloquently confirming this point. God bless you! You have an Eagle eye and that's special. So, I was not lying but those trying to shut me up were but, they can't.  Anyway, that's my answer to your query but turning the table on this issue of marital infidelity, how would you plead?
[/b]
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by eldee(m): 12:33am On Jul 16, 2010
davidylan:

1. Drop the false gangsta language. It doesnt wash with me, i'd rather plain english.

Dude . . . I'd prefer to have control over my choice of words.

davidylan:

I'll start with the bottom here in highlights. That is the TYPICAL response from those who are desperate to prove they are right even in the face of overwhelming evidence that they are totally WRONG.

Overwhelming evidence?? All you did was say 'good, perfect and acceptable' wills of God based on that passage, which is completely wrong.
The Bible has many cases of using more than one word to describe the same thing and because of the little ambiguity, people like you read meanings into them. . . hence the reference to Pastor Chris.
Look at the book of Proverbs and see the way different words are used to emphasize the same thing.

davidylan:

Sorry, Romans 12:2 DID NOT qualify all the wills as you falsely allude. There is a reason the writer of Romans SPECIFICALLY used that language. The word "perfect" is NOT synonymous to "good" or "acceptable" . . . they are completely different. I did not address them as "comparative adjectives" e.g. good, better, best . . . that is your own delusion.

When I say, 'go out when the sun is hot and bright' . . . I am describing one thing but from different angles.
It's doesn't mean there is a hot sun and a bright sun. . . I used two completely different words but they don't describe mutually exclusive objects.

And you say you didn't use comparative adjectives?? Isn't your whole argument based on the notion that God is keen on one rule and 'allows' the other??
How then does your application of the 'grade system' come in??
Dude . . . come the eff on.

davidylan:

Lets explain a bit better - remember Balaam? God's PERFECT will was "do not go down with Balak". When he insisted God now said ok just go but only say what i put in your mouth . . . now did God change His mind there? YES . . . that was his permissive/acceptable will in action there. God allows certain things that may be against His original purpose if at the end of the day it brings about His own plan.

Remember David who killed Uriah to marry Bathsheba? Was that God's perfect will by which Solomon would be born? NO! If not God would not have sent Nathan to talk to David and taken the first born from that union.

Remember the parable of the sower? Why do we have some GOOD GROUND bringing 100 fold, some 60 and some 30? Is God's ultimate plan that all of us settle for a mediocre 30 fold rather than 100 fold?

1. Balaam went against the will of God . . . and how was it permissive after he already repented and turned his donkey to go back home, God didn't permit him, He instructed him to go. How did God's will change if all Balaam did was bless Israel??

2. David's case was simple. . . having her give birth to Solomon, the chose successor was a punishment for the disobedience. If you know anything about Hebrew culture, you would know that the fact that Absalom didn't succeed David was disgraceful and also that Solomon being chosen and the troubled reign  was God punishing David for that sin. 'For thou didst it secretly: but I will do this thing before all Israel, and before the sun'.

3. The parable of the sower is just there to show that God has given us the autonomy to and will not force his choices on us. The words can fall on hardened hearts or ready hearts but it's our choice to either accept it or not.

That 's done . . . what other ambiguous biblical texts are you going to latch on to??
God has his will, which will always remain his will . . . whether we choose to obey it or disobey it, it is still his will. . . 'God is not a man that he should lie . . .neither is he a son of man that he will repent'.

davidylan:

nothing new. you're flogging a dead horse. I pointed out Mal 2:6 and Matthew 19 as examples of where God was EXPLICIT against divorce. We know it is not His perfect will.

Do you know what 'explicit' means?? You don't give 'explicit' statements and then 'allow' sumthing.
God hates divorce, explicitly . . . Moses allowed (as a ruler, a pragmatic decision) it but it was against the one and only will of God.
It was disobedience supported by Moses and that's why Jesus came to clarify it.

davidylan:

we all agree with you on this. You're simply rehashing the same story.

Dismissive comment . . . this is a different one altogether.
Forgiveness is unequivocally enforced in the Bible by Jesus. . . no ambiguity, so how can divorce be 'allowed' if the Bible enforces forgiveness??
Or is there another will of God that allows you not to forgive??

davidylan:

Luke doesnt record it, Mark doesnt but Matthew does. Should we then throw the fact that Matthew records Christ stating adultery as the only motive for divorce out the window because only 1 of 4 gospels quote it? Absurd.

Read Deut 24:1 - that is the verse Christ was quoting directly. Matthew didnt just pick that statement up from the air.

Simple . . . all the other gospels show Jesus unequivocally rejecting divorce on all grounds, Matthew's records were heavily influenced by ties to Mosaic laws.
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by eldee(m): 12:36am On Jul 16, 2010
oyinda.:

everyone has a freedom of choice
if the partner was despoiled, that's the only case where he/she didn't have a choice and that doesn't count as cheating.
or if they agreed to an open marriage. based on what their ideal of a relationship is.

usually, people who cheat will try to find an excuse to justify their act because they know the act is wrong. ie i stole from someone else because i was poor, i cheated because my wife wasn't satisfying me etc. that is a sign of weakness.

i don't get the part in bold.

Cheating gives you undeserved edge in a relationship, that's why it's called 'cheating'.
It's not a weakness. . .

It's only a weakness when you don't make the choice to do it.
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by eldee(m): 12:49am On Jul 16, 2010
Theblessed:

how many more times would Nigerian women forgive these wayward husbands who understands the commandments yet, knowingly/purposely trash it?

77 X 7 = 539

Oh, aren't you 'in the faith'?? How can you not know that??

Theblessed:

To, me a cheat will always be a cheat because, a leopard never changes its spot. Once, a man/woman slept outside his/her marital bed with another person they'd do it all over again but I'm saying sorry, to the unassuming husband/wife.  For me, you don't stand a chance of deceiving/hurting me the second time - no chance!

You are a false prophet if you come here to say 'a cheat will always be a cheat'.
Sunday-Sunday worshipper.

Theblessed:

Personally, I will forgive but I won't cope with it. For there's a difference between forgiving and coping with the aftermaths.  I haven't got that patience and I know my limits.  For me, forgiving means: yes, we're still friends, I will still look out for you but, there's no emotional ties or connection left in me for you - It means I don't love you no more! So, tell me of what use would it be sticking together just to please the neighbours, family and society in general when either of us are not happy?? Is marriage not meant for two happy people that truly love themselves?

Forgiveness means . . . that sin no longer exists to you. And if it no longer exists, leaving him will mean you're divorcing him for no reason.
Read your Bible.
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by dayokanu(m): 12:50am On Jul 16, 2010
mama-gee:

^^Set which parole?

Please, go and sleep. . .your sleeping pills are at work. grin

I wan make you come sleep with me oya I dey wait.
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by bawomolo(m): 1:01am On Jul 16, 2010
chiogo:

In America, don't the women get the house? Whether or not the man owns it.

jesu christi, after paying mortgage for 15years?

i guess just shacking up doesn't sound too bad after all
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by mamagee3(f): 1:04am On Jul 16, 2010
dayokanu:

I wan make you come sleep with me oya I dey wait.
Once again yawns.

Are you still trying to find another boring phrase?
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by 49cents(m): 3:14am On Jul 16, 2010
eldee:

Cheating gives you undeserved edge in a relationship, that's why it's called 'cheating'.
It's not a weakness. . .

Very insightful and true! People who habitually cheat are those who sadly do not see a life in being faithful, they are likely blind who do not see the myriad beauty of the created world or the deaf who can't savour the sweet rich of well crafted music. Cheats are to be pitied for they are truly interiorly deformed ,

fidelity is a life-building virtue, not just a rule to live by,

@ latter posts
sad this thread has degenerated to a religious arguments, all the same i have learnt a lot
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by oyinda3(f): 4:32am On Jul 16, 2010
It's not a weakness. . .

let's put it this way: cheating is a weakness of character (or moral weakness). if you believe in marriage as a sacred institution between a man and a woman and you default against it, obviously you fell weak. if on d other hand you don't believe in marriage as an institution between a man and a woman, you would opt for an open marriage or become swingers. that to me doesn't count as cheating.
if you wouldn't tolerate your wife doing it, or tolerate your kids growing up to do it, then you are weak if you did it.

and by the way, every one who cheats makes a conscious decision to do so. it's only if you didn't make the choice (ie you were despoiled) that it's not considered cheating. obviously.

and i'm sure when 49cents talks abt habitual cheaters as being "interiorly deformed" he's talking about ppl who have totally fallen n at their weakest points. maybe comparable to addicts and alcoholics. they really ARE to be pitied.
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by eldee(m): 9:22am On Jul 16, 2010
oyinda.:

let's put it this way: cheating is a weakness of character (or moral weakness). if you believe in marriage as a sacred institution between a man and a woman and you default against it, obviously you fell weak. if on d other hand you don't believe in marriage as an institution between a man and a woman, you would opt for an open marriage or become swingers. that to me doesn't count as cheating.
if you wouldn't tolerate your wife doing it, or tolerate your kids growing up to do it, then you are weak if you did it.

Nah . . . you don't have to go into an open marriage just because you don't buy the concept of the sanctity of marriage.
You could just pretend like you do and just cheat. . . you get an unfair advantage and that's why you don't want your wife to do it.
If I con you and you lose money, it's my advantage, yo can take the moral high-ground, but one thing about ethical arguments is the question of, why should your ethical values rule mine??
Fornication used to be almost treasonable in Biblical times, they would have sentenced me to death by hanging while being stoned to death.

oyinda.:

and by the way, every one who cheats makes a conscious decision to do so. it's only if you didn't make the choice (ie you were despoiled) that it's not considered cheating. obviously.

and i'm sure when 49cents talks abt habitual cheaters as being "interiorly deformed" he's talking about ppl who have totally fallen n at their weakest points. maybe comparable to addicts and alcoholics. they really ARE to be pitied.

There's a difference between making a conscious decision and being weak.
There's a difference between drinking when you want to and being an addict.

Your theory is just the same as the 'he doesn't deserve you' speech girls give their girlfriends after they're dumped.
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by Akobaje: 12:56pm On Jul 16, 2010
Theblessed, your attitude would seem to be ethically correct. I mean, it shows self respect when you stick by your principles. I agree that for men and women it is difficult to stay with your partner after they have cheated on you but, its all in the mind. Reading your post one immediately knows how rich your imagination is. It is a gift which if applied with a strong emotion can almost produce a condition that will remain with you for a long time.

When a man/woman cheats on a woman/man who has a vivid imagination, the only way they can remain together is through hypnosis. No matter how much they love each other, the mind will never be at rest with the memory of the cheating. So you see, it's not only the cheating that's the problem.

At the other end of the spectrum are those who either by lack of the faculty to visualise or by dint of will power or by their life experiences have lost or discarded the power of imagination. When such people cheat, they will deny even when you catch them at it and they expect that you will forgive them and forget it as soon as possible as if it never happened. I believe many women fall in this category so they find it easier to "forgive" the man. Of course they do not really forgive they just say to themselves "see this mugu he does not know what I have done". I think men need to wake up.
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by Rheinmetal(m): 1:58pm On Jul 16, 2010
So, what if the infidelity becomes incessant? You keep forgiving because you went into an iron-clad agreement(more like bondage) called marriage?

The bible recommends forgiveness but one also has the option of divorce. What's so hard to get? And how come you're bringing the bible into it now? Oh yea, people use the bible to justify anything. Okie-dokie!

@Chiogo,

Yes marriage is bondage- a gold-gilded cage or haven't you heard. If people takes oath to cherish and to hold, love and uphold, in sickness and health, for better or for worse till death do you part, then be bound by it or don't get married. That is why marriage is a union of the mind as well as the body. No one is forced into it. If a cheating spouse is the "worse" for you in a marital union, am sure the cheating spouse has his "worse" from his significant other, and still stays married to her. So yes, if it the cheating becomes incessant try forgiveness, and if that does not work, drag him along with you for counselling. You vowed to stick with him till death, and is cheating according to your diagnosis not some moral sickness?

BTW, I was not trying to justify anything with the Bible, not my idea of an intellectual debate, but merely countering those who are trying to justify divorce by touting biblical passages, when same Bible is suffuse with themes on forgiveness. That said I'm just against divorce, period. When people get married with the notion that well if it doesn't work out I will just quit, then why mouth all those weighty vows. Enough of all those westernized notions of marriage that is replete with contradictions. No wonder marriage as an institution is endangered in the so-called advanced societies. We might as well go back to the type of marriage practised by our forebears- the polygamous type and be spoilt for choice
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by chiogo(f): 2:27pm On Jul 16, 2010
Rheinmetal:

Enough of all those westernized notions of marriage that is replete with contradictions. No wonder marriage as an institution is endangered in the so-called advanced societies. We might as well go back to the type of marriage practised by our forebears- the polygamous type and be spoilt for choice
Of course, you'd want that, since it favors men. Polygamy is still in existence so I don't know what your complaint is about, you would have to be living in a sexist nation like Nigeria. It's absurd when Nigerians talk about how bad marriage is in the "advanced societies" just because they experience more divorce cases. Just because divorce isn't rampant in Nigeria doesn't mean the marriages are so great. Many especially the women, are just stuck in the "bondage" and would get out if they could. If they had as much rights as women in America do, you'd be hearing of divorce cases just as much.

Rheinmetal:

Yes marriage is bondage- a gold-gilded cage or haven't you heard. If people takes oath to cherish and to hold, love and uphold, in sickness and health, for better or for worse till death do you part, then be bound by it or don't get married. That is why marriage is a union of the mind as well as the body. No one is forced into it. If a cheating spouse is the "worse" for you in a marital union, am sure the cheating spouse has his "worse" from his significant other, and still stays married to her. So yes, if it the cheating becomes incessant try forgiveness, and if that does not work, drag him along with you for counselling. You vowed to stick with him till death, and is cheating according to your diagnosis not some moral sickness?
Are you also against divorce if it's the woman who's doing the cheating? I bet not. People make those marital vows in the hopes that their partner would reciprocate the gestures and not do anything the other would disapprove of or would hurt the other. Cheating shows lack of respect for one's spouse and it obviously hurts the cheated partner, most times. Talk about incessant cheating too! And what about contracting unwanted STD's from a cheating partner? If you truly love someone, you'd want the best for them. A partner that drags you down with them does not love you in any way. I support divorce in this case.
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by Rheinmetal(m): 3:04pm On Jul 16, 2010
^anyone who knows will tell you that a blissful marriage is a swim against tides of Tsunami-proportions to the shores of happiness. That idyllic image of two wizened figures on a bench in a park gazing into cataract-blinded eyes that most people take into marriage is hardwork and sacrifice that these people are not willing to invest into their own marriages. Cos if you would look into the hearts of that old couple trapped in a bubble of love you'd see a criss-cross of gashes and scars they inflicted on each other. People just don't want to work hard for their marriages anymore because divorce is a welcome option. If statistically a greater percentage of marriages end in divorce every new year, then that institution is in its doldrums. The type of marriage our forebears practised worked for them didn't it. I try to avoid sexist debates as much as possible, cos when you view things from that cockpit it is always one gender strafing the innocent other with bombs. Women give as much as they receive today in marriages and relationships, whether in infidelities or otherwise, we don't talk about that often cos they are more discrete

So why don't we do it this way, next time you hear nupital bells tolling then that's someone walking to the gallows!!
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jul 16, 2010
Akobaje:

I agree that for men and women it is difficult to stay with your partner after they have cheated on you but, its all in the mind.

When a man/woman cheats on a woman/man who has a vivid imagination, the only way they can remain together is through hypnosis. No matter how much they love each other, the mind will never be at rest with the memory of the cheating. So you see, it's not only the cheating that's the problem.

At the other end of the spectrum are those who either by lack of the faculty to visualise or by dint of will power or by their life experiences have lost or discarded the power of imagination. When such people cheat, they will deny even when you catch them at it and they expect that you will forgive them and forget it as soon as possible as if it never happened. I believe many women fall in this category so they find it easier to "forgive" the man. Of course they do not really forgive they just say to themselves "see this mugu he does not know what I have done". I think men need to wake up.

Akobaje this is a really insightful submission. It resonates powerfully with me 'cos I can relate 100% with it, especially the parts in bold. I believe I belong in the category of individuals you describe as possessing a 'vivid imagination' and as such can't see myself forgiving (never mind forgetting) a cheating partner. I've experienced this just once with the only person I ever loved - one that professed to be 'good' and 'born-again' - and it pretty much destroyed 'trust' and 'love' in my mind for ever. My 'vivid imagination' always sees through the deception and 'goody goody' pretence of most women and I fancy them for just flings and open relationships, NEVER anything serious, let alone marriage. It's strange how you mentioned the bolded parts 'cos they constitute part of my previous experience and my 'vivid imagination' has those ideas firmly etched on my mind. I also see, hear and experience things every day that re-inforce those ideas. I've lost count of the number of girls my friends and I have shagged that were into serious relationships at the time; can't help imaginning how these same girls would adroitly pretend to their boyfriends (and in some cases fiancés/husbands), and righteously demand 'trust' from the hapless cuckolds.

It's all in the mind like you rightly pointed out. What more can I say? May God help us.
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by 49cents(m): 8:59pm On Jul 16, 2010
@ pro 1
I get your points and your experiences are commonplace with a good number of guys out there; I would not encourage you to continue in the is state of distrusrt for women; the truth is that we live in an imperfect world where you cant get it all; most times it is our acceptance of the person, our unconditional love that will heal the errant partner, bottom line we must be prepared to love despite the imperfection that we see in others.

As for the sleeping-with of ladies who supposedly are in serious relationships, don't you think you are part of the problem? when last have told some girl like that to be faithful to their commitments, we really have ti be the change we wish to see around us,  because your "born again" ex cheated on you despite your faithfulness to what you had does not that you should increase the problem of infidelity in our society, people just need that one person to live the life they have lost or struggling to live
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by oyinda3(f): 9:10pm On Jul 16, 2010
eldee:

Nah . . . you don't have to go into an open marriage just because you don't buy the concept of the sanctity of marriage.
You could just pretend like you do and just cheat. . . you get an unfair advantage and that's why you don't want your wife to do it.
If I con you and you lose money, it's my advantage, yo can take the moral high-ground, but one thing about ethical arguments is the question of, why should your ethical values rule mine??
Fornication used to be almost treasonable in Biblical times, they would have sentenced me to death by hanging while being stoned to death.

There's a difference between making a conscious decision and being weak.
There's a difference between drinking when you want to and being an addict.

Your theory is just the same as the 'he doesn't deserve you' speech girls give their girlfriends after they're dumped.

if you don't buy the concept of sanctity of marriage, why would you object to your partner doing it?
if i believe that coning people is ethical, why should i be mad if someone else cons me?
unless u believe you are d exception to the rule of d universe or something (ie above all ). sounds like something from crime and punishment.

you say "unfair advantage" key word is "unfair" so therefore, you KNOW it's wrong. and it's unethical.
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by 49cents(m): 9:14pm On Jul 16, 2010
oyinda.:

if you don't buy the concept of sanctity of marriage, why would you object to your partner doing it?
if i believe that coning people is ethical, why should i be mad if someone else cons me?
unless u believe you are d exception to the rule of d universe or something (ie above all ). sounds like something from crime and punishment.

you say "unfair advantage" key word is "unfair" so therefore, you KNOW it's wrong. and it's unethical.

very logical post
but why do people reject the idea of the sanctity of marriage?
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by oyinda3(f): 9:22pm On Jul 16, 2010
49cents:

very logical post
but why do people reject the idea of the sanctity of marriage?

same reason some people reject the idea of God, smoke cocaine etc
all has to do with your belief which is determined mostly by how you were raised and ur environment.

these people are in the minority though. since most ppl are raised to conform.
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by dayokanu(m): 9:23pm On Jul 16, 2010
Hmmmm

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

I Finally Had Sex With A Guy. / IN PICTURES: Adulterous Married Woman Caught Red-handed By Her Husband / Were you ever asked out by a Gay or lesbian, How Did You Handle It ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.