Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,046 members, 7,838,644 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? (13468 Views)

You Should Respect And Appreciate Your Woman More / Do Nigerian Ladies Abroad Find It More Difficult To Find Husbands? / Does Popularity And Fame Make A Man Or Woman More Desirable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by eldee(m): 1:36pm On Jul 15, 2010
stillwater:

Divorce is allowed on grounds of adultery.

Nah . . . the Bible is still in a conflict on that.
Read Mark 10:2-12 Jesus went point-blank and made no mention of adultery.

Besides, that's where the 'turn the other cheek' rule comes it . . . forgive 77 x 7 times rule.

You see why I suggested that religion be excluded from the discussion, because there's no use bringing in The Bible if you're going to be selective with it.
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by jvibe: 1:43pm On Jul 15, 2010
Men are just too selfish dats y, dey feel dey can do anythin nd get away with it. angry
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jul 15, 2010
eldee:

Not true! Mal 2:16 - God explicitly hates divorce.

However divorce was "allowed" under the Mosaic law (for the hardness of the human heart - Mark 10:5) to cover only the sin of adultery (Matt 5:32)

I hope we will see less nonsensical claims being made against the bible by those who are too lazy to study it.
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by chiogo(f): 1:51pm On Jul 15, 2010
davidylan:

I hope we will see less nonsensical claims being made against the bible by those who are too lazy to study it.
Thank you!

Divorce is definitely allowed when infidelity is concerned. Stop making excuses, people.
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by Rheinmetal(m): 2:00pm On Jul 15, 2010
Kudos to all adherents of the school of the bible justifies it all.

Same bible that condemns all women under the pink moon to be deemed unclean and quarantined?
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jul 15, 2010
Rheinmetal:

Kudos to all adherents of the school of the bible justifies it all.

Same bible that condemns all women under the pink moon to be deemed unclean and quarantined?

oh dear.
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by Onchedu(m): 2:19pm On Jul 15, 2010
When it comes to women, men haven't evolved much. We still like exclusivity. Girls on the other hand are known to almost worship "sexual experience." U have it and they figure U should be a better lover. They seem to not know that getting experience requires making a habit. Habits are not easily broken especially when addiction is a strong possibility. Sex is addictive. It leaves U wanting more.

The same girls can be mean to themselves. Cat fight get levels. A girl will bleep her friends guy just to prove that she's hotter than her or just to get even for something the friend did.

A girl will also bleep a married man she used to bleep just to feel she still's attractive beyond vows the dude made before God or just to spite the wife and feel good.

Women don't always want a bodily orga$.m. Sometimes they want a psycholoical one.

And they think we have ego problems.
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by Onchedu(m): 2:26pm On Jul 15, 2010
A guy finds infidelity difficult because it robs him of that feeling of "I know "something" no one else knows." the best flower isnt the one on a girl that has experience or can twist and wind. It's the flower on the girl that keeps it secret for that one man.

Ever notice how when a man starts misbehaving in marriage and wants to send his wife packing always hesitates as long as he can't pin infidelity on her? No one will support him. Infact men that get beat up by their wives would still tolerate the abuse as long as she's not giving it out to anyone else.

Some men even prefer women that aren't soooo interested in sex cos when she does have sex it will be obvious she Chose to have it and wansnt pushed to it, bla ba bla,
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by eldee(m): 2:35pm On Jul 15, 2010
davidylan:

Not true! Mal 2:16 - God explicitly hates divorce.

However divorce was "allowed" under the Mosaic law (for the hardness of the human heart - Mark 10:5) to cover only the sin of adultery (Matt 5:32)

How can you say 'explicitly' and 'allowed' in one breath??
Isn't that conflicting??

The same Bible goes recorded Jesus rejecting divorce in Mark 10 without any reference to adultery.

That's why I don't want to bring in the Bible in cases that should be settled using basic human reasoning.
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by Rheinmetal(m): 2:59pm On Jul 15, 2010
One can find a justification for just about anything using the Bible.

Quite a handy moral compass for anyone who wishes to excuse himself/herself from the oath he/she took using the same Bible to "Love and to Hold, till death do them part."

Who would want to lead a life in the 21st century bound by Mosaic law, anyways.

Even in Isreal fundamental Judaism is confined to minority sects.
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jul 15, 2010
eldee:

Besides, that's where the 'turn the other cheek' rule comes it . . . forgive 77 x 7 times rule.

You see why I suggested that religion be excluded from the discussion, because there's no use bringing in The Bible if you're going to be selective with it.

God hates divorce, he does not desire we divorce. But for the sinful nature of man, allowances were made based on sexual immorality in marriage, Duet. 24:1-4, Matt 5:32, Matt 19:9. Even in latter books like 1 Corinthians 7:15, if an unbeliever quits the marriage, no worries, you are not even under any bondage.
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by Akobaje: 3:35pm On Jul 15, 2010
I think the reason is that women are physiologically submissive in intimate situations while men are dominant. It is more painful, I guess, to find that your partner sumitted to another person (man) rather that finding out that he dominated another person (woman).

If a man were to submit to the wiles of another woman and she takes over his mind, his partner will come close to what a man feels when his partner cheats on him but without the effect a hurt ego feels. The problem with the male ego and all that!

It can be devastating but women, I think, can never understand how it feels. You have to be a man to know. Granted, men too may not know how a woman feels when she has been cheated on and maybe it feels the same but I think it has to do with our physiology.
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by eldee(m): 3:36pm On Jul 15, 2010
stillwater:

God hates divorce, he does not desire we divorce. But for the sinful nature of man, allowances were made based on sexual immorality in marriage, Duet. 24:1-4, Matt 5:32, Matt 19:9. Even in latter books like 1 Corinthians 7:15, if an unbeliever quits the marriage, no worries, you are not even under any bondage.

That's why I pointed to Mark 10 where there was no valid reason for divorce.
If God hates divorce and likes forgiveness, shouldn't the benefit of doubt go to Mal 2:16 and Mark 10??

Is divorcing your husband for adultery the Christian thing to do?? I think not, based on those two I've listed.
You see how bringing the Bible into this just clouds things??
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jul 15, 2010
eldee:

That's why I pointed to Mark 10 where there was no valid reason for divorce.
If God hates divorce and likes forgiveness, shouldn't the benefit of doubt go to Mal 2:16 and Mark 10??

Is divorcing your husband for adultery the Christian thing to do?? I think not, based on those two I've listed.
You see how bringing the Bible into this just clouds things??

I don't see what is so cloudy here. It did not say it's a must you divorce your husband, there's still allowance for forgivness but you are given the room to divorce. That was why he allowed the Mosaic laws. It's not his will, but. . . What is so hard to understand? This is about marriage, not some petty institution.
I got this from a website. . .

The Bible makes it abundantly clear that God hates divorce (Malachi 2:16) and that reconciliation and forgiveness should be the marks of a believer’s life (Luke 11:4; Ephesians 4:32). However, God recognizes that divorce will occur, even among His children.

www.gotquestions.org/divorce-remarriage.html
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by chiogo(f): 3:53pm On Jul 15, 2010
It doesn't matter anyway, for those scouting against the bible.

Bible or not, Christianity or not, infidelity is still morally wrong even to an atheist. People make vows before marriage whether or not they believe in God. Cheating is still an infringement of the vows/agreement.
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jul 15, 2010
stillwater:

Keep quiet abeg. Ordinary Financial responsibilities is what is making you piss on yourself. Those women that are in the market, banks, schools, hospitals you think they are fending for themselves alone. . . that they don't contribute at home?  Is it because most men would never use their mouth to tell you that they collect money from their wives? grin With the rate of unemployment in that country, which gorrilla mouth are you using to say only men are handling the financial responsibilities of the home? Does that even make sense? There are many households where women are the bread winners and she still comes back home to clean the kids and your own poo. With the tendency of pissing on yourself at every whim, I don't think you would last one minute as a woman.

Lol to the last sentence: I'd rather not be born at all.

I see you're taking my FACTUAL views personal, thats why you're barking like a deranged dog and spouting inanities. Slimy women like you would rather point out the 10% exception (which you don't belong to anyway) than acknowledge the 90% rule, isn't that just idiotic? I'd leave you to deal with your menstrual cramps or whatever it is that is affecting your cerebrium; hopefully you'd be saner when you recover.
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by Rheinmetal(m): 4:09pm On Jul 15, 2010
No one is "scouting" against the Bible, but against using the Bible to justify divorce.

Infidelity is a moral vice, no doubt and an infringement of marital vows, but so is divorce.
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by eldee(m): 4:12pm On Jul 15, 2010
stillwater:

I don't see what is so cloudy here. It did not say it's a must you divorce your husband, there's still allowance for forgivness but you are given the room to divorce. That was why he allowed the Mosaic laws. It's not his will, but. . . What is so hard to understand? This is about marriage, not some petty institution.
I got this from a website. . .

The Bible makes it abundantly clear that God hates divorce (Malachi 2:16) and that reconciliation and forgiveness should be the marks of a believer’s life (Luke 11:4; Ephesians 4:32). However, God recognizes that divorce will occur, even among His children.

www.gotquestions.org/divorce-remarriage.html

Echoing what I said does not change anything. The Bible is not conclusive on divorce as it is with say murder or sumn.
If you're going to use The Bible to support divorce, then it should be noted that you're ignoring God's will . . . which is a compass for Christians.
And you cannot call yourself a Christian if you blatantly go against the will of Him in whose name you cast demons.

And then comes the question of forgiveness, here, you make it sound like forgiveness is a choice 'there's still allowance for forgivness but you are given the room to divorce.'
Forgiveness is a rule, it's not a guideline, 77 X 7 as Jesus symbolically put it. . . you don't choose if you want to forgive or not . . . you always forgive, period.

Besides you have totally ignored the part where Jesus rejected divorce on all grounds. . . . Mark 10.

Go meet your gotquestions.org people and ask them if their Bible is different from the one on my shelf.
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by chiogo(f): 4:17pm On Jul 15, 2010
Rheinmetal:

No one is "scouting" against the Bible, but against using the Bible to justify divorce.

Infidelity is a moral vice, no doubt and an infringement of marital vows, but so is divorce.
Not if it was driven by infidelity. The cheating spouse breached the agreement first.
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by eldee(m): 4:21pm On Jul 15, 2010
Rheinmetal:

This is exactly what I've been trying to say all along . . . people just pick a stand on sumn and then use the Bible to support it.
This is no different from when people used the Bible to support ethnic cleansing.
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jul 15, 2010
pro01:

Lol to the last sentence: I'd rather not be born at all.

I see you're taking my FACTUAL views personal, thats why you're barking like a deranged dog and spouting inanities. Slimy women like you would rather point out the 10% exception (which you don't belong to anyway) than acknowledge the 90% rule, isn't that just idiotic? I'd leave you to deal with your menstrual cramps or whatever it is that is affecting your cerebrium; hopefully you'd be saner when you recover.

^^^^You grab statistics from the air and you write 'factual' in that eulogy of yours? grin What a perfect disgrace to all things logical! What were you doing while your mates were in school. . .playing with your willy? grin
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by CasaNova1(m): 4:30pm On Jul 15, 2010
eldee:

This is exactly what I've been trying to say all along . . . people just pick a stand on sumn and then use the Bible to support it.
This is no different from when people used the Bible to support ethnic cleansing.

People use the Bible to justify a lot of things.
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by Rheinmetal(m): 4:33pm On Jul 15, 2010
@Chiogo,

Marriage in its purest form is an iron-clad agreement with no escape clause.

It doesn't matter who breached it first or last. You want to remedy infidelity in marriage, try forgiveness, the Bible recommends infinite forgiveness.
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jul 15, 2010
Rheinmetal:

What the heck is this?  undecided This bible argument was based on some false statement someone made. What is the problem? If you are not a Christian please just mind your own business. I am talking to someone who I prefume is a christian. Besides that I have every right to justify divorce by reasoning as well as the bible.
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by eldee(m): 4:41pm On Jul 15, 2010
Rheinmetal:

@Chiogo,

Marriage in its purest form is an iron-clad agreement with no escape clause.

It doesn't matter who breached it first or last. You want to remedy infidelity in marriage, try forgiveness, the Bible recommends infinite forgiveness.

Recommend?? More like 'enforces'.
Some people here have finished counting the 539 allowances they are commanded to give their spouses and yet want to use the Bible as their constitution.

stillwater:

What the heck is this?  undecided This bible argument was based on some false statement someone made. What is the problem? If you are not a Christian please just mind your own business. I am talking to someone who I prefume is a christian. Besides that I have every right to justify divorce by reasoning as well as the bible.

False statement?? Your wikipedia argument is a joke.
And yeah, use human reasoning and I will agree with you, but Bible?? Nah.
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by Rheinmetal(m): 4:46pm On Jul 15, 2010
@ eldee,

thanks for the correction.

@Stillwater,

you're running shallow now! wink
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jul 15, 2010
eldee:

Recommend?? More like 'enforces'.
Some people here have finished counting the 539 allowances they are commanded to give their spouses and yet want to use the Bible as their constitution.

False statement?? Your wikipedia argument is a joke.
And yeah, use human reasoning and I will agree with you, but Bible?? Nah.

Excuse me, my FIRST reply to you was to correct you on the lie and mistake you made saying there was no grounds for divorce in the bible. I showed you verses that that single statement you made was FALSE!!!
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by Sauron1: 4:55pm On Jul 15, 2010
stillwater:

^^^^You grab statistics from the air and you write 'factual' in that eulogy of yours? grin What a perfect disgrace to all things logical! What were you doing while your mates were in school. . .playing with your willy? grin

Goddang it!
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by eldee(m): 4:58pm On Jul 15, 2010
stillwater:

Excuse me, my FIRST reply to you was to correct you on the lie and mistake you made saying there was no grounds for divorce in the bible. I showed you verses that that single statement you made was FALSE!!!

Hehehe . . . I gave you a place to read Mark 10 where Jesus forbade divorce on every count and you've been ignoring that with you wikianswers quotes.
Mark 10 . . . 'And He said to them, “Whoever divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery against her' . . . no mention of unfaithfulness or anything.
That's the clearest Jesus ever was on divorce.

So before you go on you feminist crusades, leave the Bible out of it.
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jul 15, 2010
eldee:

Echoing what I said does not change anything. The Bible is not conclusive on divorce as it is with say murder or sumn.
If you're going to use The Bible to support divorce, then it should be noted that you're ignoring God's will . . . which is a compass for Christians.
And you cannot call yourself a Christian if you blatantly go against the will of Him in whose name you cast demons.

If Moses was given the will and Jesus said it is not God's will o but you can divorce based on sexual immorility, why shouldn't I go with that.  

And then comes the question of forgiveness, here, you make it sound like forgiveness is a choice 'there's still allowance for forgivness but you are given the room to divorce.'
Forgiveness is a rule, it's not a guideline, 77 X 7 as Jesus symbolically put it. . . you don't choose if you want to forgive or not . . . you always forgive, period.

Even Jesus said he will NOT FORGIVE you if you blaspheme against the holyspirit. Why is that unforgivable? Read your bible and expose yourself to all that is in it, please.

Besides you have totally ignored the part where Jesus rejected divorce on all grounds. . . . Mark 10.
Go meet your gotquestions.org people and ask them if their Bible is different from the one on my shelf.

The same way you ELDEE reject Mtt 5:32 and all others.
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jul 15, 2010
Rheinmetal:

@ eldee,

thanks for the correction.

@Stillwater,

you're running shallow now! wink

Whatever, when I argue about the bible, if you are not a christian just stay on your own. Christians would understand what I'm saying. It's a different thing if I'm preaching to u. cheesy But I'm not so bye. I can't use the bible to judge you.
Re: Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? by eldee(m): 5:15pm On Jul 15, 2010
stillwater:

If Moses was given the will and Jesus said it is not God's will o but you can divorce based on sexual immorility, why shouldn't I go with that.  

1. Mark 10: 2-12.
2. Moses was not given the will . . . the will of God is clear 'I hate divorce' . . . read you Bible.

stillwater:

Even Jesus said he will NOT FORGIVE you if you blaspheme against the holyspirit. Why is that unforgivable? Read your bible and expose yourself to all that is in it, please.

Moi?? The Bible says that is the one sin that cannot be forgiven. You don't get to disobey the law because you want to.
In order words, the only person that has the right not to forgive is the Holy Spirit, not Stillwater.
You still have to obey the 77 X 7 rule, God is no respecter of persons or emotions.

stillwater:

The same way you ELDEE reject Mtt 5:32 and all others.

I'm not ignoring a part of the Bible, I said that there were conflicts.
I said earlier that we shouldn't use the Bible because there are minor conflicts.
You were the Reverend that was acting like you had a degree in Theology.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

See What Some Girls Never Learn / I Finally Had Sex With A Guy. / IN PICTURES: Adulterous Married Woman Caught Red-handed By Her Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.