Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,125 members, 7,835,773 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

Pastor Disrupts His Member’s Marriage Proposal - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Pastor Disrupts His Member’s Marriage Proposal (50759 Views)

Groom's Father Disrupts Wedding Party, Asks DJ To Play Only Christian Music / Lady Rejects Marriage Proposal From Her Boyfriend Of 10 Years..see Her Reason / A Lady Rejected A Marriage Proposal For This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Disrupts His Member’s Marriage Proposal by Dessyguy(m): 11:02am On Dec 16, 2019
The pastor did the right thing. Please let's be honest. its a total disrespect. They should have known better and do the right thing.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Disrupts His Member’s Marriage Proposal by SURElee(f): 11:07am On Dec 16, 2019
Who in his right senses proposes to a female without the knowledge of her parents? How do you even propose marry without necessary things sef. Family never check the things wey dem need to check you carry ring come, tomorrow divorce go dey fly upandan

1 Like

Re: Pastor Disrupts His Member’s Marriage Proposal by Nobody: 11:11am On Dec 16, 2019
jacoik:
did you just framed this or it happened? For real?
lol. No jokes. A lot more happened yesterday where the pastor saw my wristwatch and told me he likes it. He asked if it’s expensive, I told him it don’t matter. He said “will you give me if ask you to give me”? I said sure, I’m a free giver. He said he wants it, I actually came back home yesterday without the wristwatch.....I’m not that deep into going to church and I don’t even have a specific church I attend, I go to anyone I feel like attending. But all these acts do discourage me a lot.

I’m not condemning the pastor if he’s right or wrong but I’m wondering if all that act is in the Bible’s teaching.
Re: Pastor Disrupts His Member’s Marriage Proposal by Pedrotina11: 11:39am On Dec 16, 2019
stupidity:
Naija.....

I was in church today and pastor said everyone should sow a new year seed on the 1st of January. He said the seed must be in a very robust envelope. Where I got angry was, he cautioned his members to be sure they sow the seed before embarking on their Christmas holiday trip. That he doesn’t want stories where the money that was supposed to be used to sow the seed was given to mama, sister, uncle, brother in the village to buy tomatoes

If I slap u eh....which church Foolish fool..talking trash...open ya smelling mouth talking nonsense...I was in church...
Talking lies just to be relevant asshole..gaysatan.
Re: Pastor Disrupts His Member’s Marriage Proposal by Nobody: 11:41am On Dec 16, 2019
Pedrotina11:

If I slap u eh....which church Foolish fool..talking trash...open ya smelling mouth talking nonsense...I was in church...
Talking lies just to be relevant asshole..gaysatan.
you are a fool...go look yourself in the mirror and tell yourself you don’t deserve to live.
Re: Pastor Disrupts His Member’s Marriage Proposal by hanymasahun: 11:59am On Dec 16, 2019
Made4NaijaM4N:
I’m not aware of the relationship, pastor says, as he disrupts his member’s marriage proposal

Pastor stops man from proposing to his daughter inside his church, says he isn't aware of the relationship.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qI7eKw2BvcQ

https://www.instagram.com/p/B6GAKcQn8g4/
nothing wrong as the father he can do and redo
Re: Pastor Disrupts His Member’s Marriage Proposal by lovelybugs(f): 12:52pm On Dec 16, 2019
One of the most mischievous headlines I've ever seen sad
Re: Pastor Disrupts His Member’s Marriage Proposal by agrowell: 1:29pm On Dec 16, 2019
Did he stop proposal or wedding?
Re: Pastor Disrupts His Member’s Marriage Proposal by Nobody: 3:40pm On Dec 16, 2019
sassysure:
Yes o.
That is the level we have elevated them unto.
Else, what is his business with someone's proposal
Is it his proposal?

Children of this generation, filled with hate and ignorance.

I'll tell you the truth, even though I'm sure you don't want to hear it...

Pastor was 100% right in his response.

First of all, that guy was constituting a nuisance there. A wedding was ongoing, if you saw the video well. How can you disrupt someone's wedding ceremony because you want to "propose"? Don't let all those funny movies you watch and things you read confuse you. That was rude. If you try that in my wedding, I'll make sure the pastor instructs his ushers to send you far away from the church premises.

Secondly, that guy showed disrespect for the Pastor and the church. Ok, let me ask you this question. Assuming you're married and you live in a rented house, or maybe even your own house, and one night, say 8pm, one of your acquaintances shows up without prior notification while you're in the parlor with your wife, probably discussing some serious stuff; your acquaintance not just shows up, he comes in with a lady and tells you they just decided to spend the night at your cozy apartment; and he probably starts asking for food.
What will you do? I guess you'll tell him, " Bros, there's no problem; make yourself comfortable. You and the lady can have the Master bedroom for the night, while my wife and I make do with the children's room".
Lol. I'm sure you won't do that.

If that guy had an atom of respect, he should have let the pastor know the situation of things before that day, since he was planning to "propose" right inside the church. He was totally wrong.

Let us not allow all this "proposal" hype steal our sense of decency, good conduct and values. The church is a custodian of values and morals.

If you don't like what the pastor did, take your "proposal" outside of his church. He is the custodian at this time, and he will answer to God for everything that happens in that church.

Argue till tomorrow; I just told you the truth.

Lol. The Pastor was even humane enough. He was still apologizing to the guy for any embarrassment he may have caused him by stopping his "proposal". Yet, you're only here condeming. Oga, I doff my hat for the pastor joor

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Disrupts His Member’s Marriage Proposal by beresponsible(m): 4:31pm On Dec 16, 2019
xpool:

I will stop visiting nairaland;
Too many kids from broken homes have infested this site.
Pastor takam easy
Re: Pastor Disrupts His Member’s Marriage Proposal by ashawopikin(m): 4:48pm On Dec 16, 2019
gosmoney:
is dat what u read
its something I know oga
Re: Pastor Disrupts His Member’s Marriage Proposal by Gpopsicle(m): 5:15pm On Dec 16, 2019
stupidity:
Naija.....

I was in church today and pastor said everyone should sow a new year seed on the 1st of January. He said the seed must be in a very robust envelope. Where I got angry was, he cautioned his members to be sure they sow the seed before embarking on their Christmas holiday trip. That he doesn’t want stories where the money that was supposed to be used to sow the seed was given to mama, sister, uncle, brother in the village to buy tomatoes

What is the name of the business venture?
Re: Pastor Disrupts His Member’s Marriage Proposal by Gpopsicle(m): 5:30pm On Dec 16, 2019
udemzyudex:

Oga he just want to propose,after that introduction I guess then marriage plans.

Why should I inform my pastor I want to propose to a lady,if it's about introduction or marriage plans,I agree with but any thing apart from that ,he doesn't have any right to.

The pastor is just over reacting,he should have save them from embarrassment and allow them do their thing then call them later.

The pastor na old school abeg.

God bless you sir, you just spoke my mind. I have read through comments and seen that people are blaming the guy for not letting the pastor(father) know.

There is nothing wrong with what the guy did by proposing to his heart rob. Secondly, he mustn't inform the pastor about his plans of proposing. Thirdly i think after proposal, it is the daughter who would inform her parents about the guy and then the needful would be done.
Re: Pastor Disrupts His Member’s Marriage Proposal by Skseries: 10:05pm On Dec 16, 2019
ifeomabernard:

you've said it all "you know nothing" how exactly would the daughter be the one to tell him "oh hey dad I may be getting a proposal in church today from my bf" ODE!
mumu arindi, u have a bf and ur parents doesn't know abt him. Relationship was serious enuf that the guy propose and father says he doesn't know abt the relationship. Ode na the husband go come say sir am dating ur daughter or is the daughter that will say dad this is my bf.. if the dad already knows the guy and knows the relationship bis serious will he be so shock that he propose. Mumu
Re: Pastor Disrupts His Member’s Marriage Proposal by Kirinwa: 6:22am On Dec 17, 2019
Correcto:
Is proposal part of the African culture? This is just proposal and not wedding or introduction. If I was the Pastor, I will watch to see if my daughter will accept, and when she does and I don't like it, I will call them both to tell them , as well as make my findings as to whether to support them or not.

You contradict yourself. Proposal is not African culture.
Going by African culture, the Pastor is right.

I have the feeling the guy may not even know the father of his fiancée.
Re: Pastor Disrupts His Member’s Marriage Proposal by abbeynism(m): 6:23am On Dec 17, 2019
Daboomb:

What the feck are you saying?

People do Porposal (not engagement, not marriage) to their girlfriends, in just about ANYWHERE, even at KFC!
What if it was done at an eatery and he was not there, does that make it invalid?

Proposal, is essentially between the two lovers first and foremost, to agree to consider themselves good enough to go the distance of marriage inthe future, all things being equal.
The stupid Pastor just wanted to flex his muscle because the matter (at that stage), does not concern him.
His daughter is an adult who is old enough to reject or accept the proposal...and it changes nothing

I don't argue with people here. But you missed the line.
It is insensitive that you are a member of a such dating the Pastor daughter without letting the father knows. Not to talk of proposing while the new couple are on the alatr for their own wedding program....
It would have been appropriate doing that tlat the exit of the church....

You are biased...
Re: Pastor Disrupts His Member’s Marriage Proposal by Correcto: 8:27am On Dec 17, 2019
You definitely won't u understand what I meant and explaining sometimes can be stressful. You think every proposal must end with marriage. Pastor act like a child.
Kirinwa:

You contradict yourself. Proposal is not African culture.
Going by African culture, the Pastor is right.

I have the feeling the guy may not even know the father of his fiancée.
Re: Pastor Disrupts His Member’s Marriage Proposal by xpool(m): 2:47am On Dec 18, 2019
beresponsible:

Pastor takam easy
Pastor ke?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I'm In Love With An Older Lady With Two Kids / Amara Blessing Nwosu Has Remarried For The 3rd Time! (Photos) / This Lady Says She's A 'semi Virgin' & Wants To Know If She Should Give Her Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.