Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,140 members, 7,835,821 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

Pastor Disrupts His Member’s Marriage Proposal - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Pastor Disrupts His Member’s Marriage Proposal (50760 Views)

Groom's Father Disrupts Wedding Party, Asks DJ To Play Only Christian Music / Lady Rejects Marriage Proposal From Her Boyfriend Of 10 Years..see Her Reason / A Lady Rejected A Marriage Proposal For This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Disrupts His Member’s Marriage Proposal by MrFly(m): 6:59am On Dec 16, 2019
vickydankal:
I think the pastor should be on the know, since he wants to propose in church during wedding for that matter. I think it goes a long way to show they are fans of the church not members. Every good member will inform his pastor when wedding / marriage is in view. Proposal or not. At the same time, it won't hurt if the man of God, allow them do their thing, then later he can call them to order as their spiritual father.
u have been brainwashed
Re: Pastor Disrupts His Member’s Marriage Proposal by Awoo88: 7:01am On Dec 16, 2019
So this guy dey kpolash pastor pikin still won make am public without proper permission. Some children no get common sense

1 Like

Re: Pastor Disrupts His Member’s Marriage Proposal by freemandela4(m): 7:03am On Dec 16, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
Those your left balls will eventually fail you. cheesy

Look at it this way, you're with your daughter in a gathering and a guy comes over; kneels down, proposing to your daughter and you have no idea who the person is. What would be your reaction?
what would have been a white man's reactions. Blackman and culture hm.
Re: Pastor Disrupts His Member’s Marriage Proposal by xaggar(m): 7:06am On Dec 16, 2019
stupidity:
Naija.....

I was in church today and pastor said everyone should sow a new year seed on the 1st of January. He said the seed must be in a very robust envelope. Where I got angry was, he cautioned his members to be sure they sow the seed before embarking on their Christmas holiday trip. That he doesn’t want stories where the money that was supposed to be used to sow the seed was given to mama, sister, uncle, brother in the village to buy tomatoes

Keep going to that church!
Re: Pastor Disrupts His Member’s Marriage Proposal by udeadams(m): 7:12am On Dec 16, 2019
The girl in question is the pastor's daughter, so he has the right to stop it because he was not aware that his daughter was dating someone in the church.
Re: Pastor Disrupts His Member’s Marriage Proposal by Tsolutionifede(m): 7:12am On Dec 16, 2019
chiommy123:
He should have told the pastor since he wants to do it in his church
shut up, we own d church together, it is built with our money, just ordinary proposal that won't last up to 5mins
Re: Pastor Disrupts His Member’s Marriage Proposal by manny4u(m): 7:19am On Dec 16, 2019
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
See the brief thing sef.
Short people with pride and trouble are like 5 and 6.
I think the guy's only mistake was proposing to the girl in a wedding.
That was like taking the shine out of the celebrants special day.
Re: Pastor Disrupts His Member’s Marriage Proposal by mydas4ever: 7:21am On Dec 16, 2019
sassysure:
Yes o.
That is the level we have elevated them unto.
Else, what is his business with someone's proposal
Is it his proposal?

He has no business in his daughter's proposal
that is done in front of him abi?. Some of you guys are just dumb or very immatured.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Disrupts His Member’s Marriage Proposal by naijaschoolguru(m): 7:23am On Dec 16, 2019
masseratti:
how did you know she is his daughter?

Alaye, are you a kid? Don't you read the post before commenting. Abi e ru awon omo Keke wo lowa ni NL gan na?
Re: Pastor Disrupts His Member’s Marriage Proposal by JasperVII(m): 7:29am On Dec 16, 2019
The guy sef no try. He was proposing when the ceremony was not over yet there by creating another scene, it's as if he tried to hijack the wedding.
Re: Pastor Disrupts His Member’s Marriage Proposal by Neddyogu(m): 7:30am On Dec 16, 2019
The guy should be happy sef
God has helped him dodge the bullet. See d Kain yeye father-in-law he for get. Nonsense and Osibande!
Re: Pastor Disrupts His Member’s Marriage Proposal by mark2sunny(m): 7:30am On Dec 16, 2019
These days, you should know who gets married to your daughter. Besides, this event will explain the young man's mission. If he makes it right, that means he's a man and really serious.
Re: Pastor Disrupts His Member’s Marriage Proposal by Cityguy: 8:03am On Dec 16, 2019
chiommy123:
He should have told the pastor since he wants to do it in his church
Exactly. There has to be order in the house of God.
Re: Pastor Disrupts His Member’s Marriage Proposal by Cityguy: 8:07am On Dec 16, 2019
ImmaculateJOE:

Imagine the nonsense. Why will he even do the proposing for another person wedding..?
He probably wanted limelight. Now he has all the lights, even orange-, mango- and floodlights.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Disrupts His Member’s Marriage Proposal by vickydankal(f): 8:13am On Dec 16, 2019
MrFly:
u have been brainwashed

You could do well by explaining what you mean. I won't argue with you. You could be right but just explain to me how I have been brainwashed.
Re: Pastor Disrupts His Member’s Marriage Proposal by Solsix(m): 8:20am On Dec 16, 2019
sassysure:
Yes o.
That is the level we have elevated them unto.
Else, what is his business with someone's proposal
Is it his proposal?
Inside church?? During program?? There other places he could have done that
Re: Pastor Disrupts His Member’s Marriage Proposal by DedeNkem: 8:31am On Dec 16, 2019
This is what happens when morons hand their lives over to thieving pastors!
Re: Pastor Disrupts His Member’s Marriage Proposal by Flier: 8:43am On Dec 16, 2019
BluntBoy:
There is nothing wrong with proposing to a lady before meeting her parents. Many people propose before meeting up with the parents of each other. How can you decide to meet your girlfriend's parents when you have not even proposed to her and she has accepted your proposal?

However in the case in the OP, the man proposing to his girlfriend in front of her father who doesn't know him yet is rude and insensitive, or should I say, was foolish.

Moreover, I don't understand this idea of making a public proposal. There are more romantic ways of making a proposal. With a public proposal, it would be hard to tell if the girl is accepting the proposal because she wants to or because she doesn't want to embarrass the guy. But with a private proposal, you can be certain about it.
How do you even propose to a lady whom you don’t know what her parent look like or their views about you? It make no sense
You can’t propose to my daughter if I don’t know you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Disrupts His Member’s Marriage Proposal by eddieo(m): 8:52am On Dec 16, 2019
MrDoGood:

Na him daughter
I don't think she is his biological daughter. She might just be his strong church member, hence he is her spiritual father. Listen to the woman beside that girl shouting we dont do that. She "gingered' the god of man to utter that rubbish. Probably the guy doesn't worship in his church. Many pastors arrogate such deciding power to themselves which is wrong. Never allow any pastor decide who you marry, let them only be a guide.
Re: Pastor Disrupts His Member’s Marriage Proposal by eddieo(m): 8:56am On Dec 16, 2019
Flier:
How do you even propose to a lady whom you don’t know what her parent look like or their views about you? It make no sense
You can’t propose to my daughter if I don’t know you
I doubt if the girl is the Pastor's biological daughter. Probably just a spiritual father. There are pastors that decide who you date or not. Probably he has never met this guy before so he feels disrespected because of the status he has placed assumed. Her parents might be aware of the relationship. Many pastors now have to approve relationships for their members. They gate to loose members to other churches hence resort to match making ladies with guys within the church.
Re: Pastor Disrupts His Member’s Marriage Proposal by ProsFx114(m): 9:13am On Dec 16, 2019
The pastor is right if you ask me.as the saying goes is better to air on the side of caution. And from what I can see he was just been cautious. And the guy no still get common sense chai
Re: Pastor Disrupts His Member’s Marriage Proposal by eddieo(m): 9:13am On Dec 16, 2019
I really think you need to watch that video again so you don't throw unnecessary insults. You will understand he us not her biological father. He is just playing the "daddy role" which members have arrogated to them.
He is wrong for wanting to decide how the relationship should be. Pastors should not tell any member or have too much say on who you want to marry. They should just be a guide. The church of Christ has not given them that role to decide for members who to marry or not or match make members.
This lady is just his spiritual daughter not biological daughter if you care to analyze that video intelligently.
Rebuke:
Some of yhu here know how to spew trash sha.

Once it has anything to do wth men of God all yhu miscreants will jump at it.

The man said he isn't aware of the relationship. Watch n listen again.

If d young man hasn't spoken to the father of d girl officially or got him informed about his intention then he shouldn't have tried doing so in such a place. To me, that's kinda disrepectful.

All yhu jobless Internet judges, how many of yhu would allow a man propose to yhur daughter in such a manner without yhur awareness of their relationship ?

I am sure if the guy has a good relationship with the parent of the girl that wouldn't have happened.

Yhu can't just show up from no where and propose to someone's daughter in that manner please. Let's tell ourselves the truth.
Re: Pastor Disrupts His Member’s Marriage Proposal by Flier: 9:18am On Dec 16, 2019
eddieo:

I doubt if the girl is the Pastor's biological daughter. Probably just a spiritual father. There are pastors that decide who you date or not. Probably he has never met this guy before so he feels disrespected because of the status he has placed assumed. Her parents might be aware of the relationship. Many pastors now have to approve relationships for their members. They gate to loose members to other churches hence resort to match making ladies with guys within the church.
You right about that I have seen many cases
Re: Pastor Disrupts His Member’s Marriage Proposal by freddymanny49: 9:19am On Dec 16, 2019
The Son of a Bitch Pastor get luck say no be me if not na left jab he go collect.
Re: Pastor Disrupts His Member’s Marriage Proposal by Erastuslove: 9:38am On Dec 16, 2019
Pastors play a vital role in marriage as well as the Parents of the girl....there is need to cross exam the guy background by Pastor and see if they both match.... Genotype is needed too so don't crucify him yet...
Re: Pastor Disrupts His Member’s Marriage Proposal by Champneys: 10:12am On Dec 16, 2019
A very foolish boy, he will live with the shame and embarrassment for the rest of his life.
Oponu ayirada!
Re: Pastor Disrupts His Member’s Marriage Proposal by Kaychiz: 10:23am On Dec 16, 2019
Children of nowadays! Why disrupt a church service or another person's wedding ceremony?
He could have even done that during the reception if he's so bent on proposing publicly.

For those insulting the pastor, how many of you would pull this stunt during a meeting with your MD at work? Even the bible says there's time for everything.

By the way I don't even understand this public proposal nonsense. I know many ladies most times would like to have some time to consider the proposal so what answer do you expect such a lady to give u in public after kneeling down in front of everyone Nigerians always copying everything we see White pple do! Serves the guy right
Re: Pastor Disrupts His Member’s Marriage Proposal by masseratti: 10:47am On Dec 16, 2019
naijaschoolguru:

Alaye, are you a kid? Don't you read the post before commenting. Abi e ru awon omo Keke wo lowa ni NL gan na?
oga alaye most pastors call their female congregations their daughter and both male and females call them daddy and mummy... I read the post... Even at that what the guy did was super wrong, at someone wedding, that's where you want to propose?
Re: Pastor Disrupts His Member’s Marriage Proposal by masseratti: 10:48am On Dec 16, 2019
gosmoney:
are u blind can't u read
yes I can,and I did but do you know most pastors call their male or female congregations their son and daughters?
Re: Pastor Disrupts His Member’s Marriage Proposal by masseratti: 10:50am On Dec 16, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
Those your left balls will eventually fail you. cheesy

Look at it this way, you're with your daughter in a gathering and a guy comes over; kneels down, proposing to your daughter and you have no idea who the person is. What would be your reaction?
oga most pastors call male and female members sons and daughters so please take a chill pill please. Don't get me wrong what the guy did was totally wrong... Proposing at someone else wedding? That's super wrong.
Re: Pastor Disrupts His Member’s Marriage Proposal by jacoik(m): 10:54am On Dec 16, 2019
stupidity:
Naija.....

I was in church today and pastor said everyone should sow a new year seed on the 1st of January. He said the seed must be in a very robust envelope. Where I got angry was, he cautioned his members to be sure they sow the seed before embarking on their Christmas holiday trip. That he doesn’t want stories where the money that was supposed to be used to sow the seed was given to mama, sister, uncle, brother in the village to buy tomatoes

did you just framed this or it happened? For real?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I'm In Love With An Older Lady With Two Kids / Amara Blessing Nwosu Has Remarried For The 3rd Time! (Photos) / This Lady Says She's A 'semi Virgin' & Wants To Know If She Should Give Her Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.