Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,284 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

Pastor Disrupts His Member’s Marriage Proposal - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Pastor Disrupts His Member’s Marriage Proposal (50764 Views)

Groom's Father Disrupts Wedding Party, Asks DJ To Play Only Christian Music / Lady Rejects Marriage Proposal From Her Boyfriend Of 10 Years..see Her Reason / A Lady Rejected A Marriage Proposal For This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Disrupts His Member’s Marriage Proposal by Nobody: 11:05pm On Dec 15, 2019
AdegbiteAdemola:
Some pastors can play God ehn

Boda wetin they worry you,
upon his daughter,

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Disrupts His Member’s Marriage Proposal by AJohnnasa(m): 11:13pm On Dec 15, 2019
ngwababe:

If it's true, that's too bad and unchristian.

Sụwanụ bekee.
Re: Pastor Disrupts His Member’s Marriage Proposal by lahizak: 11:15pm On Dec 15, 2019
jamesharryson:
For those saying the pastor should ve been informed, I refuse to agree with you! What if the proposal is in a bar, will the man tell the owner of the bar first?

Some said he should not have proposed in another man's wedding! I also refuse to buy your idea. There is no specific place for proposal to be made! Who knows how long they have known themselves, then the guy decided to propose. There should not be any special proposal ceremony.
So the proposal was not made at the wrong place or time, but the pastor played God. If I were the guy, I will still go ahead and propose to the girl and watch if she will reject too cos her pastor has rejected. He should not postpone his proposal
Mr. Keyboard warrior. Read again, the girl in question is d pastor's daughter. How can u propose to my daughter in my presence and i dont even know u? Where is that done?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Disrupts His Member’s Marriage Proposal by Phyde: 11:17pm On Dec 15, 2019
Good for the guy, must you do this publicly? just because you wanna copy the unnecessary rubbish others are doing.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Disrupts His Member’s Marriage Proposal by ffo(m): 11:17pm On Dec 15, 2019
sassysure:
Yes o.
That is the level we have elevated them unto.
Else, what is his business with someone's proposal
Is it his proposal?
Read the story not just the headline

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Disrupts His Member’s Marriage Proposal by Rebuke: 11:19pm On Dec 15, 2019
Some of yhu here know how to spew trash sha.

Once it has anything to do wth men of God all yhu miscreants will jump at it.

The man said he isn't aware of the relationship. Watch n listen again.

If d young man hasn't spoken to the father of d girl officially or got him informed about his intention then he shouldn't have tried doing so in such a place. To me, that's kinda disrepectful.

All yhu jobless Internet judges, how many of yhu would allow a man propose to yhur daughter in such a manner without yhur awareness of their relationship ?

I am sure if the guy has a good relationship with the parent of the girl that wouldn't have happened.

Yhu can't just show up from no where and propose to someone's daughter in that manner please. Let's tell ourselves the truth.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Disrupts His Member’s Marriage Proposal by udemzyudex(m): 11:22pm On Dec 15, 2019
1cor2v9:

lol..

my own problem was doing it while the couple's were still standing on the altar, reception venue would have been a perfect place..

btw I see people assuming the lady is the pastor's daughter. I doubt oo because I know how all this G.Os go they call young ladies in church my daughter

Lol.
Re: Pastor Disrupts His Member’s Marriage Proposal by Dbarrzx: 11:24pm On Dec 15, 2019
chukwugoziegi:
This is why you should only propose in the Bedroom.
that was why i took my proposal to her room then in school...to avoid drama...because i might not survive this kind humiliation

1 Like

Re: Pastor Disrupts His Member’s Marriage Proposal by Rebuke: 11:27pm On Dec 15, 2019
kingbasuraiii:
You people are the cause of all these rubbish these pastors do.. So because I want to get married, I'll have to inform him abi??.. what if I want to Bleep my wife and make children, I'll inform him too... you just allow these so called men of God to run your lives for you.. who told you that you can't pray to God maybe you should get married to someone or not?

Don't worry, when yhur daughter wants to get married she won't inform yhu.......or when a total stranger shows up in a public gathering to propose to yhur daughter just smile and clap for them.......

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Disrupts His Member’s Marriage Proposal by Rebuke: 11:30pm On Dec 15, 2019
udemzyudex:

Oga he just want to propose,after that introduction I guess then marriage plans.

Why should I inform my pastor I want to propose to a lady,if it's about introduction or marriage plans,I agree with but any thing apart from that ,he doesn't have any right to.

The pastor is just over reacting,he should have save them from embarrassment and allow them do their thing then call them later.

The pastor na old school abeg.

Just listen to yhurself. So, that's how it's done in yhhr place? Meet a girl and propose to her without first getting to know or meet her parent...

Where are some of yhu raised for petsake?

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Disrupts His Member’s Marriage Proposal by Ashirioluwa: 11:40pm On Dec 15, 2019
Made4NaijaM4N:
I’m not aware of the relationship, pastor says, as he disrupts his member’s marriage proposal

Pastor stops man from proposing to his daughter inside his church, says he isn't aware of the relationship.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qI7eKw2BvcQ

https://www.instagram.com/p/B6GAKcQn8g4/
Maybe because is not a rich guy
Re: Pastor Disrupts His Member’s Marriage Proposal by mechanics(m): 11:49pm On Dec 15, 2019
tosyne2much:
That was where the messed up

He's being foolish to put up such a stunt when the lady's father doesn't even know about their relationship
That's right.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Disrupts His Member’s Marriage Proposal by wisekings: 11:49pm On Dec 15, 2019
stupidity:
Naija.....

I was in church today and pastor said everyone should sow a new year seed on the 1st of January. He said the seed must be in a very robust envelope. Where I got angry was, he cautioned his members to be sure they sow the seed before embarking on their Christmas holiday trip. That he doesn’t want stories where the money that was supposed to be used to sow the seed was given to mama, sister, uncle, brother in the village to buy tomatoes

hahahaha.... Nawa o... Dis one weak me
Re: Pastor Disrupts His Member’s Marriage Proposal by xpool(m): 11:51pm On Dec 15, 2019
AdegbiteAdemola:
Some pastors can play God ehn
This one no be pastor issue at all.
The suitor is an idiot, serves him right.
How can you do that?
Its just like walking into a man's house and in his presence starts proposing to his daughter, without the man aware of any relationship.
Too much addiction to social media go kill us one day. Its like he just did marriage introduction without the prior knowledge of the girls father. Proposal is supposed to be between man and woman, even if you want to trend, you don't do it in the presence of the father. The guy na the biggest Yuletide fool.
If them do this shit to you popsy, you go like am. If I am the pastor, the guy no go ever marry my daughter lielie.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Disrupts His Member’s Marriage Proposal by AdegbiteAdemola(m): 11:53pm On Dec 15, 2019
FreelanceRebel:

upon his daughter,

Alaye I made the comment when the report was not so well detailed before it moved to front-page. I had no idea the girl is his daughter
Re: Pastor Disrupts His Member’s Marriage Proposal by AdegbiteAdemola(m): 11:53pm On Dec 15, 2019
FreelanceRebel:

upon his daughter,

Alaye I made the comment when the report was not so well detailed before it moved to front-page. I had no idea the girl is his daughter.
Re: Pastor Disrupts His Member’s Marriage Proposal by xpool(m): 11:55pm On Dec 15, 2019
sassysure:
Yes o.
That is the level we have elevated them unto.
Else, what is his business with someone's proposal
Is it his proposal?
Olodh, you could not even read well.
The lady is the pastors daughter.
You no even get sense at all. Forget that the man is a pastor, assume he is your father, then judge

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Disrupts His Member’s Marriage Proposal by uvie66: 11:56pm On Dec 15, 2019
MycroftHolmes:
Nothing really wrong, since the girl in question is his daughter.

In my opinion, he actually deserves to know about the relationship from its budding stages.
is his daughter not his property
Re: Pastor Disrupts His Member’s Marriage Proposal by xpool(m): 11:57pm On Dec 15, 2019
beresponsible:
Dem neva pay marriage counselling and other fees. Red eye business men
I will stop visiting nairaland;
Too many kids from broken homes have infested this site.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Disrupts His Member’s Marriage Proposal by xpool(m): 12:04am On Dec 16, 2019
fatymore:
Embarrassment of the highest order. I felt for the guy.

The pastor shouldn't have done that.

O pain mi gan
Shut your trap, let them do it to you sister and father.
Yabas brain

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Disrupts His Member’s Marriage Proposal by BluntBoy(m): 12:05am On Dec 16, 2019
There is nothing wrong with proposing to a lady before meeting her parents. Many people propose before meeting up with the parents of each other. How can you decide to meet your girlfriend's parents when you have not even proposed to her and she has accepted your proposal?

However in the case in the OP, the man proposing to his girlfriend in front of her father who doesn't know him yet is rude and insensitive, or should I say, was foolish.

Moreover, I don't understand this idea of making a public proposal. There are more romantic ways of making a proposal. With a public proposal, it would be hard to tell if the girl is accepting the proposal because she wants to or because she doesn't want to embarrass the guy. But with a private proposal, you can be certain about it.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Disrupts His Member’s Marriage Proposal by PasD(m): 12:11am On Dec 16, 2019
The girl is foolish, the young man is irresponsible, the pastor is saving her underdeveloped brain from future emotional damage.

This is why...

THE YOUNG MAN
You came to a church to propose to a lady and you did not inform the shepherd (small s) of the house...
1 Corinthians 14:40 Let ALL THINGS be done decently and in order.
The church is not a shopping mall or a club. If you decided to propose to her in a church you should follow due process.
The church is not a gathering of irresponsible people that have come to waste their time!

Its a show of irresponsibility to decide to propose to her in a church JUST LIKE THAT if you must do it in the house of God you MUST do be decent.

THE YOUNG LADY
You have been in a relationship of that level of commitment, if the pattern of your church is to let the pastor know of such relationships (of which most churches do so as to ensure proper guidance because some young men are just terrible and brainwash naïve women) you should have done noble (except if you were doing something his and seek and never thought it would come to this).

If you see the level of emotional damage most women go through for marrying the wrong men, you would encouraged them to seek counsel and spiritual guidance before engaging.

When ever women are faced with marriage their brains block. After marriage their brains unblock.

THE PASTOR
Maybe he didn't teach them well and made the rules of engagement when it comes to marriage issues clear to his congregation. It would have saved him such embarrassment and embarrassing the young man.

He probably should have just left them see what the lady would do, if she took the ring he'd just free her...her eyes will open if she made a wrong choice.

Have seen so.many christian sisters wish they never got married than marrying irresponsible men!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Disrupts His Member’s Marriage Proposal by Archcele(m): 12:13am On Dec 16, 2019
[b][/b] these pastors are so stupid nd hypocrite...
Re: Pastor Disrupts His Member’s Marriage Proposal by udemzyudex(m): 12:27am On Dec 16, 2019
Rebuke:

Just listen to yhurself. So, that's how it's done in yhhr place? Meet a girl and propose to her without first getting to know or meet her parent...

Where are some of yhu raised for petsake?

Which hole did you come out from? Pls return back to that hole for petsake.
Re: Pastor Disrupts His Member’s Marriage Proposal by labusinessguide: 1:12am On Dec 16, 2019
vickydankal:
I think the pastor should be on the know, since he wants to propose in church during wedding for that matter. I think it goes a long way to show they are fans of the church not members. Every good member will inform his pastor when wedding / marriage is in view. Proposal or not. At the same time, it won't hurt if the man of God, allow them do their thing, then later he can call them to order as their spiritual father.

What sort of reasoning is this please?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Disrupts His Member’s Marriage Proposal by Correcto: 1:23am On Dec 16, 2019
Is proposal part of the African culture? This is just proposal and not wedding or introduction. If I was the Pastor, I will watch to see if my daughter will accept, and when she does and I don't like it, I will call them both to tell them , as well as make my findings as to whether to support them or not.
Kirinwa:
This embarrassment would have been avoided with a little bit of common sense.

We should understand there's a difference between western and African cultures.
Re: Pastor Disrupts His Member’s Marriage Proposal by Correcto: 1:28am On Dec 16, 2019
Really? It is just a proposal and not a Marriage introduction. Is proposal an African culture? Ring can return anytime, hence proposal hold no heavy water.
MycroftHolmes:
Nothing really wrong, since the girl in question is his daughter.

In my opinion, he actually deserves to know about the relationship from its budding stages.
Re: Pastor Disrupts His Member’s Marriage Proposal by IprintMONEY: 1:33am On Dec 16, 2019
i like that pastor, these naija guys are becoming too dramatic with this engagement shit. why distrupt another persons wedding because of one useless engagement/ nonsense

1 Like

Re: Pastor Disrupts His Member’s Marriage Proposal by Dredgemaster(m): 2:28am On Dec 16, 2019
[quote author=Made4NaijaM4N post=84930243]I’m not aware of the relationship, pastor says, as he disrupts his member’s marriage proposal

Pastor stops man from proposing to his daughter inside his church, says he isn't aware of the relationship.
There are things I'll never do in this life, this stupid tradition of kneeling to propose to a girl in public is top of that list!
Re: Pastor Disrupts His Member’s Marriage Proposal by TOPCRUISE(m): 3:27am On Dec 16, 2019
That means no bride price was paid since there were no meeting. That's wrong from the young man

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I'm In Love With An Older Lady With Two Kids / Amara Blessing Nwosu Has Remarried For The 3rd Time! (Photos) / This Lady Says She's A 'semi Virgin' & Wants To Know If She Should Give Her Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.