Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,805 members, 7,827,963 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

She Is Single And Living On Rented Apartment, Away From Family ! Is It Good? - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / She Is Single And Living On Rented Apartment, Away From Family ! Is It Good? (75378 Views)

Wife Of Ex-akwa Ibom Military Governor Evicts Step-children From Family House / Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? / Opinion: Any Married Woman Who Pays Her Own Bills Is Single. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Is Single And Living On Rented Apartment, Away From Family ! Is It Good? by jaxxy(m): 2:14pm On Mar 08, 2020
MadeINchenzen2:

what do you think guys?

Is it okay for a lady to move-out to live alone on a rented apartment as a single person. Than stay with her mum, dad and siblings?

Usually it is prevalent with most guys especially when they get to a certain age, probably after school or perhaps because of an essential need for some privacy and a sense of responsibility.

In my own thought. I think it is dangerous and untimely for a single lady to leave her family to live alone before she s married.

Unless shes in a different state of residence from her family then she has no choice. That's probably fine.
Re: She Is Single And Living On Rented Apartment, Away From Family ! Is It Good? by Dan18(m): 2:14pm On Mar 08, 2020
Okoroawusa:
This thread shows the stereotype that Nigerian men have about women.

Nonsense.
I honestly don't think it's Nigerian men,
It's just MadeINchenzen2.
I guess he's saying all these based on his mother and sisters experience.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: She Is Single And Living On Rented Apartment, Away From Family ! Is It Good? by LordReed(m): 2:15pm On Mar 08, 2020
MadeINchenzen2:
There s no such thing as adulthood for girls. Ideally a lady ought to be with her family until she s married. There are dangers of living alone away from family. A sane society should frown at that. It is rare to find a sensible lady living alone, single.

my thoughts!

Your thoughts from which village or which century? Certainly not this century.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Is Single And Living On Rented Apartment, Away From Family ! Is It Good? by Crochet: 2:16pm On Mar 08, 2020
Is bad for a lady to live alone.

Anyway if you want to advertise your business please check my signature and show your business to the world.
Re: She Is Single And Living On Rented Apartment, Away From Family ! Is It Good? by Arijude(m): 2:16pm On Mar 08, 2020
sexylassie2:

Who cares about general impression, my life is my life.
fvck impressions my dear !

2 Likes

Re: She Is Single And Living On Rented Apartment, Away From Family ! Is It Good? by Lexusgs430: 2:17pm On Mar 08, 2020
MadeINchenzen2:

what do you think guys?

Is it okay for a lady to move-out to live alone on a rented apartment as a single person. Than stay with her mum, dad and siblings?

Usually it is prevalent with most guys especially when they get to a certain age, probably after school or perhaps because of an essential need for some privacy and a sense of responsibility.

In my own thought. I think it is dangerous and untimely for a single lady to leave her family to live alone before she s married.

Get rid of this Nigerian mentality.........

6 Likes

Re: She Is Single And Living On Rented Apartment, Away From Family ! Is It Good? by david22uu(m): 2:17pm On Mar 08, 2020
MadeINchenzen2:
There s no such thing as adulthood for girls. Ideally a lady ought to be with her family until she s married. There are dangers of living alone away from family. A sane society should frown at that. It is rare to find a sensible lady living alone, single.

my thoughts!

I smell gender discrimination... but a sane society should allow a man flirt up and down abi

4 Likes

Re: She Is Single And Living On Rented Apartment, Away From Family ! Is It Good? by UndauntedYOCA(f): 2:17pm On Mar 08, 2020
In my opinion I don't think there's anything wrong with it. I can't be 27 and still be living with FAM. I think living alone helps one grow, become more mature and more responsible and accountable. It's not every female who stays alone that is promiscuous, I fancy such after service. Some ladies have their own shit together.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Is Single And Living On Rented Apartment, Away From Family ! Is It Good? by Dan18(m): 2:18pm On Mar 08, 2020
Crochet:
Is bad for a lady to live alone.

Anyway if you want to advertise your business please check my signature and show your business to the world.
What happens to the ones who joined the millitary, or police or doing some other govt jobs?
Are they supposed to go back to their parents place and be going to work from their villages?.
I'm just asking o

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Is Single And Living On Rented Apartment, Away From Family ! Is It Good? by jaxxy(m): 2:18pm On Mar 08, 2020
MadeINchenzen2:

my thoughts!

U are going overboard and extreme now cos there is no law against it and a gal above 20 is an adult and can live alone if she's independent. There are responsible gals who live alone and irresponsible ones living with their parents so u cannot generalize this as bad until u know the reason why.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Is Single And Living On Rented Apartment, Away From Family ! Is It Good? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Mar 08, 2020
MadeINchenzen2:
perhaps u grew up in a broken home, so u wont understand how parents ought to look after their children and bring them up responsibly.

I m sure someday ur daughter will do same and get herself into trouble that would av been averted under ur watchful eyes. u ll be a horrid dad !

Why are u insulting everyone?...the truth is this question of urs is uncalled for and the highest form of fallacy at the same time downgrading to women... this kinda of question is why women feel marginalized and victimized...and constantly shouting equality

don’t younger girls live alone on campus that doesn’t have hostels for 4years....
so when they now graduate and get a job far away from their parents home they shouldn’t take it... ??

my cousin just got in for the exxon mobil internship in Akwa ibom and we live in lagos...so she shouldn’t take the opportunity because she’s female and will be seen as a hoe for staying alone...something she did for 4yrs on her own asides NYSC year ... I dont know how u are looking but this is just weird

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Is Single And Living On Rented Apartment, Away From Family ! Is It Good? by Myjust(f): 2:19pm On Mar 08, 2020
Why is it an issue for a young woman to stay alone? Even under your parents if you want to be an olosho you will still be one. But wait oo did the parents stay with her in school??.
If at a certain age you are independent and you want your own space then you should get it. Some family stay in 2 rooms with 6 children, please it's time to move and give them space. Don't also forget that some ladies end up depressed in their parents house and end up making mistakes so they can just leave their parents house. A WOMAN IS A HUMAN JUST LIKE YOU,STOP LIMITING HER AND EXPECTING HER TO FAIL BECAUSE SHE REFUSED TO LEAVE BY YOUR PARTERN. Train up a child in the way she should grow and when she is old she will not depart from it

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Is Single And Living On Rented Apartment, Away From Family ! Is It Good? by MadeINchenzen2: 2:19pm On Mar 08, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Get rid of this Nigerian mentality.........
I have a right to air my opinion dont I?
Re: She Is Single And Living On Rented Apartment, Away From Family ! Is It Good? by MondayOsunbor(m): 2:20pm On Mar 08, 2020
bluefilm:
First time ever for me to become the Honorable Chairman of First to Comment.

Wow!

But i never see the alert o.

Meanwhile....

Back to the topic.

The answer is NO.

please explain

do nairaland pay the first commentator pls this is a serious request
Re: She Is Single And Living On Rented Apartment, Away From Family ! Is It Good? by MadeINchenzen2: 2:20pm On Mar 08, 2020
LordReed:

Your thoughts from which village or which century? Certainly not this century.
lol

1 Like

Re: She Is Single And Living On Rented Apartment, Away From Family ! Is It Good? by loswhite(m): 2:20pm On Mar 08, 2020
MadeINchenzen2:
Even girls?
so girls are not supposed to be independent right?

1 Like

Re: She Is Single And Living On Rented Apartment, Away From Family ! Is It Good? by Arijude(m): 2:20pm On Mar 08, 2020
Ariza:
If a teenager can leave her parents house to school in another city or state for years I wonder why a Lady shouldn't leave her parents house to live alone for some years before she's hooked again.

Sometimes I wonder why the Woman is believed not to have/ live a Life of her own in this part of the world, while the one who should be tamed (The Man) is let loose. That's how backward our society is! Very backward!
stinking backward. The educated ones are not even left out in this backwardness.

3 Likes

Re: She Is Single And Living On Rented Apartment, Away From Family ! Is It Good? by MadeINchenzen2: 2:20pm On Mar 08, 2020
Dan18:

I honestly don't think it's Nigerian men,
It's just MadeINchenzen2.
I guess he's saying all these based on his mother and sisters experience.
lol

1 Like

Re: She Is Single And Living On Rented Apartment, Away From Family ! Is It Good? by Dan18(m): 2:20pm On Mar 08, 2020
1StopRudeness:

Why are u insulting everyone?...the truth is this question of urs is uncalled for and the highest form of fallacy at the same time downgrading to women... this kinda of question is why women feel marginalized and victimized...and constantly shouting equality

don’t younger girls live alone on campus that doesn’t have hostels for 4years....
so when they now graduate and get a job far away from their parents home they shouldn’t take it... ??

my cousin just got in for the exxon mobil internship in Akwa ibom and we live in lagos...so she shouldn’t take the opportunity because she’s female and will be seen as a LovePeddler fro staying alone...something she did for 4yrs on her own asides NYSC year ... I dont know how u are looking but this is just weird

I tried going through all his comments to get a valid point but he failed to deliver. I also asked the above question.

5 Likes

Re: She Is Single And Living On Rented Apartment, Away From Family ! Is It Good? by Favourflavour(f): 2:20pm On Mar 08, 2020
MadeINchenzen2:
if you dont know, there s a general impression about girls who lives alone and pay rent. These impressions are not good !

You're very daft and stupid. Disrespect intended.

So if I get a job in another state, a federal, state or private job I shouldn't take it because daft minds like you exist

Why the Bleep will you ask this question if you're going keep speaking in the negative and go from comment to comment attacking people with different views. Daft mofo.

It is a parent's joy to see their children graduate and get a job. Many girls have to move to be close to school, job or peers, that is the goal. Go jerk off somewhere durk.

8 Likes

Re: She Is Single And Living On Rented Apartment, Away From Family ! Is It Good? by ArticleBeast: 2:20pm On Mar 08, 2020
MadeINchenzen2:
if you dont know, there s a general impression about girls who lives alone and pay rent. These impressions are not good !
Impression are from foolish men with myopic view of the society. I wouldn't want my daughters to be associated with such type of men.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Is Single And Living On Rented Apartment, Away From Family ! Is It Good? by modsfucker: 2:21pm On Mar 08, 2020
It's quite okay for her, but it's not okay for Mr. Kpekus undecided

Re: She Is Single And Living On Rented Apartment, Away From Family ! Is It Good? by MadeINchenzen2: 2:21pm On Mar 08, 2020
Arijude:
you went to school but that African black crude mentality is still very much rooted in your head. Tufia!
lol
Re: She Is Single And Living On Rented Apartment, Away From Family ! Is It Good? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Mar 08, 2020
MadeINchenzen2:

my thoughts!
So if a lady gets a lucrative job at a place far from home, so she shouldn't live alone? So her parents should follow her to her new apartment or she should be going to work everyday from her parents home? na real wa for u, this ur reasoning get as e be sha.

3 Likes

Re: She Is Single And Living On Rented Apartment, Away From Family ! Is It Good? by deathmen12: 2:21pm On Mar 08, 2020
The guy is right you are narrow minded,so girls doesn’t have their own life apart from marriage? Your better change this your stupid mentality before you turn somebody’s daughter to slave all in the name of marriage, smh
MadeINchenzen2:
wise man. show ur wisdom... tell the world what u know

6 Likes

Re: She Is Single And Living On Rented Apartment, Away From Family ! Is It Good? by MadeINchenzen2: 2:22pm On Mar 08, 2020
iswallker:

Who moved this regretable topic to front page..

People re moving to difernent continents for economic reasons and doing well in life but this mod chose to bring this topic from a slowspoke... undecided
hahahagrin
Re: She Is Single And Living On Rented Apartment, Away From Family ! Is It Good? by elabhawealth(m): 2:22pm On Mar 08, 2020
Hallelujah
Re: She Is Single And Living On Rented Apartment, Away From Family ! Is It Good? by loswhite(m): 2:22pm On Mar 08, 2020
MadeINchenzen2:
The impression is for dumb ppl not civilized ppl.
A girl gets a job in port Harcourt but cannot go and take the job because of your useless general impression...lol. The problem of this country is the citizens. Too many educated illiterate

5 Likes

Re: She Is Single And Living On Rented Apartment, Away From Family ! Is It Good? by NicoKator: 2:23pm On Mar 08, 2020
Maybe she has plan of opening a shop.....If u know, u know be dat

The last time Amarachi packed into an Apartment in my neighbourhood to live as an Independent lady, she has already turned her room into a guest house where men of different race and species come to pass the night.....[/quote]

�����
Re: She Is Single And Living On Rented Apartment, Away From Family ! Is It Good? by loswhite(m): 2:24pm On Mar 08, 2020
MadeINchenzen2:
perhaps u want to justify the fact that u disowned ur family... now you're living alone.

Go back home and ask for forgiveness. Dont be a bad girl. Men thinks of girls who lives alone as prostitutes. 1 word for u. Be wise
Only bush men think that way
Re: She Is Single And Living On Rented Apartment, Away From Family ! Is It Good? by bluefilm: 2:24pm On Mar 08, 2020
MondayOsunbor:

please explain

do nairaland pay the first commentator pls this is a serious request

Seriously speaking guy, you take this our nairaland too serious... grin
Re: She Is Single And Living On Rented Apartment, Away From Family ! Is It Good? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Mar 08, 2020
Dan18:

I tried going through all his comments to get a valid point but he failed to deliver. I also asked the above question.

I like it when people drive their thoughts home in a dialogue and not just dumping personal opinions that’s completely faulty on others and when it’s countered they now result to insults and claiming right to personal opinion.....

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (22) (Reply)

Xiaoyu: 14-Year-Old Chinese Boy Set To Be Tallest Teen In The World At 7.25 Feet / Man Catches Neighbour Having Sex With His Wife On His Matrimonial Bed In Lagos / My Wife Is Angry With Me Because I Bought Underwears For Her Niece

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.