Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,070 members, 7,821,677 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

Bomb Blast In Abuja - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bomb Blast In Abuja (28733 Views)

Graphic Photos From The Scene Of Yesterday's Bomb Blast In Kuje,Abuja / Bomb Blast In Gombe, Outside PDP Presidential Campaign Rally / Abuja Naija @50 Bomb Blast In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Eziachi: 11:18pm On Dec 31, 2010
Big B1:

With my 2 eyes, after seeing what is on the ground and what's truly going on with PDP, I have finally realized the only hope for Nigeria at this point.

BUHARI may just be an answer we need more than anything else.

Jonathan must go!

Funny you should say that, as many said exactly the same when OBJ was coming in 1999. Some even believed in Yar Adua of all persons and for few months now we had been fed on how Jonathan is God's annointed but  this god that annoited him forgot to give him the recipe for stopping Dan Fodio's children.
Nigerian music chair dance continues. Give this incident few days, it will be forgotten and life as they say will move on until another incident.

I personally admires Buhari, but having seen Nigeria for more than 5 decades now, I can honestly tell anyone that nothing born of a woman will ever fix Nigeria as one single enthity. But Nigerians will never learn but kept waiting for a miracle, going around in circles.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by LRNZH(m): 11:19pm On Dec 31, 2010
cold:

Another Abuja Bomb Blast- Jonathan Reacts.,
Posted: December 31, 2010 - 22:46
Posted by siteadmin
By Mitaire Ikpen

Tonight, evil people determined to turn the joys of fellow Nigerians to ashes detonated a bomb at a barracks market in the Federal Capital City.

Basking in their nefarious success in Jos on Christmas eve, they have once again knifed at the heartstrings of a nation decked out in gaiety, celebrating new year's eve. This is extreme evil. It is wicked. It defies all that we believe in, and stand for as a nation.

The president, Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, condemns this attack, and commands the nation's security services to rise to the occasion and  arrest this new and dangerous challenge to our peace and stability.

There shall be no sacred cows. All, no matter how remotely connected to these incidents, must be brought to justice.

They must be made to pay.   No one, and we repeat, no one, can make this nation ungovernable.

Ima Niboro
Special Adviser to the President,
Media and Publicity

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/another-abuja-bomb-blast-jonathan-reacts

Can you imagine?

We expect a state of the nation address from GEJ himself not a press statement from Ima Niboro.

'Strong leadership' of course!
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by fegflu: 11:22pm On Dec 31, 2010
pictures please
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Eziachi: 11:22pm On Dec 31, 2010
SapeleGuy:

In hindsight, you may well regret your comments. You are so consumed with hatred, that you couldn't stop to remember that there is a huge population of 'Biafrans' in Abuja. Clap for yourself.
No sir, there won't be such a thing, as what in hidsight you and I will remember is me telling you that I told you so. Nigeria and its zombie citizens are very easy to predict. I have seen all before, many many times.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Gbawe: 11:22pm On Dec 31, 2010
Abu-Maryam:

zoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooologist wee suppose to be in zooooooooooooo very unfurtunate he is in Aso Rock, i pity Nigerians.

Blame the wicked OBJ. He wanted a 'shrinking violet' stooge as successor because OBJ , out of power , does not entertain those who have their own minds . This is why we got Yar Adua. OBJ then decided that he did not want another "troublesome" Atiku-type VP for his stooge President. Enter Uber loyal , ultra docile, stay-where-you-put-him GEJ. Today , directly due to the machinations of OBJ,  we are witnessing p.iss poor leadership because merit was not on the agenda when OBJ and his wicked fellow kingmakers deliberately chose to impose poor administrators on us. OBJ gave us Yar Adua, GEJ and David Mark. All have been woeful at serving Nigeria but very good at furthering the interest of their benefactors.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Chongaiman: 11:24pm On Dec 31, 2010
These acts of terrorism in the north are been masterminded by some who feel they are more equal than the rest of their countrymen. Their ultimate aim is to usurp power with no opposition from a fearful , docile and cowering populace by causing chaos, terror and the subsequent loss of confidence in the civil authority. Judging from manner the FG is handling affairs, the crafty villains might well succeed.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Nobody: 11:24pm On Dec 31, 2010
Gbawe:

Blame the wicked OBJ. He wanted a 'shrinking violet' stooge as successor because OBJ , out of power , does not entertain those who have their own minds . This is why we got Yar Adua. OBJ then decided that he did not want another "troublesome" Atiku-type VP for his stooge President. Enter Uber loyal , ultra docile, stay-where-you-put-him GEJ. Today , directly due to the machinations of OBJ,  we are witnessing p.iss poor leadership because merit was not on the agenda when OBJ and his wicked fellow kingmakers deliberately chose to impose poor administrators on us. OBJ gave us Yar Adua, GEJ and David Mark. All have been woeful at serving Nigeria but very good at furthering the interest of their benefactors.

OBJ is supposed to make someone president and give him balls too?
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by binhozie(m): 11:25pm On Dec 31, 2010
Quote me. Binhozie. Quote me!
I live in Nassarawa, with countless noisy shiitholes called mosques that surround and plague me all day
If any bombs go off in any churches. . .bombs will go off in mosques. Mosques in nassarawa state
YES!!
Bombs may go off in mosques in nassarawa state before they do in churches i must add
Call me a fool, call me an attention seeker. no problem
The first bombs to go off in mosques will go off in NASSARAWA STATE.
Then bowels of abu-maryams homeless brothers will be strewn all over the place.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Sharonf(f): 11:27pm On Dec 31, 2010
binhozie:

FOOOOL!
Suffice it to say you will die by 11:59pm tonight. Iddiot!
Are you a bloody terrorist moslem too?
Yes i lost my friend, but for reasons best known to me, i'll be indoors till the sun comes out
You will all die painful deaths. . . Bloody terrorists!

Your mother will die the minute before me.
Look at my name - Sharon. How did you draw conclusion that Im a Muslim??
With friends like you, who needs enemies??   grin To stay on nairaland and shout about their loss??

, When your mother dies by in about 20 minutes make sure you will log on to your yahoo mail to send e-mail!!! Stupid son of a bi tc h
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by McCoy91(m): 11:27pm On Dec 31, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

I hope this is not another one, but the same ones we've been talking about for the past few days  undecided
thought so too till I saw ruggedman's tweet. So sad. To think all those people were already sure of 2010. .
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Nobody: 11:28pm On Dec 31, 2010
fegflu:

pictures please
You want pictures abi? you re in ur living room waiting to see peoples family so u can go to church to thank God that you were not involved ko? It is weell
I was calling my family to inform them not knowing that they were already affected, in d hopsital, Bodies, body parts, open legs and aroms, blood it is crazy. Goodluck grow some balls take control. People talking shouting and trading blames wont understand till it is in your living room. They just wanted fish for God sake, whats was their crime please
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Limaoscar: 11:29pm On Dec 31, 2010
This is very, very sad. My friend just called me from DC . He was on BBC and I heard we've lost  at least 30 people in this recent blast.

How in the world our we going to defend the fact that we do not have terrorist cells across Northen Nigeria and the Middle belt now angry angry

, and to think this is coming just about a week after the latest  Jos bombings.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by LRNZH(m): 11:29pm On Dec 31, 2010
Aigbofa:

Obj was supposed to ensure the elections ran their course in a free and fair manner with minor tinkering here and there.

I would like to know if you think this is what happened in 2007.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Eziachi: 11:30pm On Dec 31, 2010
ode remo:

with the bolded, what the fck u r doing on this Nigeria forum if one may ask considering yor position abt nija,
if Nigeria is a joke , what was yor BIAFRA THEN. ? HALLUCINATION, you bet.

Why I am in this forum, you asked? This forum supplies endless jokes and jokers, and who doesn't like some jokes? If Nigeria is not a joke tell what is? Biafra, Arewa, Oduduwa or Delta are still and the only untested option B alternative to waste of space called Nigeria. You don't have to agree with me.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by orgasm(m): 11:31pm On Dec 31, 2010
this is very bad and sad.am afraid there is an external influence to these trend of bombings. GOodluck has to wake up fast and take a drastic action or step down cos his letting every nigerian under his care down.we cnt continue like this we must do something.commander in chief has every power of force pls use it Now!
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Rousseau: 11:31pm On Dec 31, 2010
This is out of Goodluck Jonathan's hands. Nigeria as a nation will not see peace during these election times. The writing is already on the wall. If people think President Jonathan can do anything about these turn of events, you are sadly mistaken. He cannot do much, nor can anyone else militarily or politically. The powers that be are trying to find a way to take power, and they will do so by any means necessary. As you can see, they have no qualms killing innocent people. Nigeria is starting to resemble Iraq, Pakistan and Afghanistan. This is a time to be vigilant in Nigeria.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by AbuMaryam1(m): 11:32pm On Dec 31, 2010
binhozie:

Quote me. Binhozie. Quote me!
I live in Nassarawa, with countless noisy shiitholes called mosques that surround and plague me all day
If any bombs go off in any churches. . .bombs will go off in mosques. Mosques in nassarawa state
YES!!
Bombs may go off in mosques in nassarawa state before they do in churches i must add
Call me a fool, call me an attention seeker. no problem
The first bombs to go off in mosques will go off in NASSARAWA STATE.
Then bowels of abu-maryams homeless brothers will be strewn all over the place.
I wish your own will be a suicidal, shege zomo
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by sochan: 11:32pm On Dec 31, 2010
@Aisha2,

I so sorry to hear this. please keep safe.

guys let us respect those caught up in this. This is really tragic for us all. Nigeria needs our prayers, not mud slinging and blaming each other, which is what the pepertrators want. I am truly sadden by this wicked cowardly act. never knew that the Nigeria I have known and loved would come to this. God please help us
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by binhozie(m): 11:34pm On Dec 31, 2010
Sharon_f:

Your mother will die the minute before me.
Look at my name - Sharon. How did you draw conclusion that Im a Muslim??
With friends like you, who needs enemies??   grin To stay on nairaland and shout about their loss??

,  When your mother dies by in about 20 minutes make sure you will log on to your yahoo mail to send e-mail!!! silly son of a bi tc h

You do dark arts? hehehehe
Try to stay alive biiitch!
Try to stay alive, because its coming at you in more ways than one.
You cant hide from death. I have willed you to die, i've crossed my fingers and hope you dont make any posts in 2011

Abu-Maryam:

I wish your own will be a suicidal,  shege zomo

Your bastaard brothers will be suicidal to plant any bombs in any church in abuja. Enough said
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Nobody: 11:34pm On Dec 31, 2010
LRNZH:

Obj was supposed to ensure the elections ran their course in a free and fair manner with minor tinkering here and there.

Nigerians are dying needlessly today, that is more urgent than what happened in 2007, in my opinion. What is Jonathan doing to put a stop to the gradual slide into anarchy.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by dasa: 11:35pm On Dec 31, 2010
can you all remember the name of the politician that called for violence recently? Oh yes, now i remeber. Atiku,

The strategy is to induce fear in the masses and make the people think GEJ is not able to protect them.

That will then make the opposition an attractive option.

Evil politicians, we shall not be intimidated.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by LRNZH(m): 11:35pm On Dec 31, 2010
Rousseau:

This is out of Goodluck Jonathan's hands. Nigeria as a nation will not see peace during these election times. The writing is already on the wall. If people think President Jonathan can do anything about these turn of events, you are sadly mistaken. He cannot do much, nor can anyone else militarily or politically. The powers that be are trying to find a way to get power, and they will do so by any means necessary. As you can see, they have no qualms killing innocent people. Nigeria is starting to resemble Iraq, Pakistan and Afghanistan. This is a time to be vigilant in Nigeria.

This is not going to be the first hotly contested election in Nigeria.

In 03 & 07 it was assassinations of key political figures and Nigerians cried foul.

Now bombing of the masses? This is an order or two of magnitude worse.

GEJ as a leader has no other option than to take responsibility except he isn't truly in charge.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by AbuMaryam1(m): 11:37pm On Dec 31, 2010
Rousseau:

This is out of Goodluck Jonathan's hands. Nigeria as a nation will not see peace during these election times. The writing is already on the wall. If people think President Jonathan can do anything about these turn of events, you are sadly mistaken. He cannot do much, nor can anyone else militarily or politically. The powers that be are trying to find a way to take power, and they will do so by any means necessary. As you can see, they have no qualms killing innocent people. Nigeria is starting to resemble Iraq, Pakistan and Afghanistan. This is a time to be vigilant in Nigeria.
PDP/GEJ are failure to this great nation, change them with your vote power otherwise the nemesis is just a begining,
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Nobody: 11:38pm On Dec 31, 2010
Aigbofa:

Nigerians are dying needlessly today, that is more urgent than what happened in 2007, in my opinion. What is Jonathan doing to put a stop to the gradual slide into anarchy.
Nigeria is bigger than joanthan.he's too weak angry angry
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Gbawe: 11:38pm On Dec 31, 2010
Aigbofa:

OBJ deliberately went for the poorest choice possible in Yar Adua . OBJ knew that the man was chronically ill. He knew Yar Adua was a loner who hardly left Katsina State and was unknown to most Governors because of how he rarely interacted with his counterparts . The man had never even been to the USA until he became President !!! How can such an introverted character be viewed as capable of leading Nigeria? After settling on Yardie , OBJ then shamelessly bullied everyone and everything out of the way to make him President. In the end this has nothing to do with "balls". It is about how OBJ vengefully and deliberately lumbered Nigeria with weak leadership for his own wicked agenda. Nigerians are now paying for his wickedness .
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Rousseau: 11:40pm On Dec 31, 2010
LRNZH:

This is not going to be the first hotly contested election in Nigeria.

In 03 & 07 it was assassinations of key political figures and Nigerians cried foul.

Now bombing of the masses? This is an order or two of magnitude worse off.

GEJ as a leader has no other option than to take responsibility except he isn't truly in charge.

You do bring up some good points my brother. However, this election is quite different from other elections. You have a Christian from the South who is up against Northern Muslims who wish to keep power. This dynamic is different from when Obasanjo was elected, because he was handpicked by the North. Goodluck Jonathan was picked from the political wilderness in Bayelsa State. No one heard of him, until he was picked to be Vice President for Umaru Yar'Adua. We are entering a new and dangerous dynamic that hasn't been seen in decades. This might be a North vs. South with religious undertones that could be a catastrophe for the nation as a whole. I sense religious undertones from these attacks and this is quite alarming to me. I will continue to reiterate that these foreign religions are the bane of Nigeria and Africa as a whole.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by LRNZH(m): 11:41pm On Dec 31, 2010
Aigbofa:

U asked the question:  
Aigbofa:

and i answered.
LRNZH:

Of course if he was chosen in the first place in 07  cos he lacks balls then maybe a miracle will grow the balls he needs to assert himself and bring perpetrators to book to protect the needlessly dying.

Even some Republicans hesitated to vote for McCain in the last US pres. elections because they couldn't imagine Sarah Palin assuming the leadership of the US in certain scenario.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by KnowAll(m): 11:41pm On Dec 31, 2010
[size=14pt]
Lauren Gbagbo has finally decided to stay put for good, he is fully aware messer's Jonathan has his hands full of unsolvable domestice upheaveals.[/size]
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Nsiman(m): 11:41pm On Dec 31, 2010
Even if it is atiku that is in aso rock, i can't blame him. What is the intelligent unit of our security out fit and the entire security doing?
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Sharonf(f): 11:42pm On Dec 31, 2010
binhozie:

You do dark arts? hehehehe
Try to stay alive biiitch!
Try to stay alive, because its coming at you in more ways than one.
You cant hide from death. I have willed you to die, i've crossed my fingers and hope you dont make any posts in 2011

Your bastaard brothers will be suicidal to plant any bombs in any church in abuja. Enough said

Your friend is still dead and you are STILL on the internet? When you are blown up in the next bomb blast, who will log on to shout about you?
Stay there and scream. . .dont help his family, don't do anything. Just type! Cheap animal
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by ChapelleS: 11:42pm On Dec 31, 2010
In Ibo it is said that when a mother goat is chewing it cord,the daughter goat will be watching to imitate her.I wonder why Nigerians are so surprised at this various bomb blasts.Is it today that they have suddenly woken up to the fact that we have millions of Muslims in this country.Islam sanctions violence  and religious war via Jihad.Tune to Al jeezera and you hear of daily suicide bombing in Afghanistan,Iraq and Pakistan by Muslims against fellow Muslims.I knew that it would come to this someday.But one thing I know and I am convinced of is that despite any act to cause consternation in this country,power is rotating from the north to the south.If it were a northern,he would have arrested Atiku for that treasonable statement he made recently and keep him behind bars till the elections is over.That statement alone is enough motivation for some religious fundamentalist to cause mayhem.Why are we not seeing bombings in the christian strongholds of southern Nigeria.Is it not a Muslim group that claimed responsibility which the Sultan described as faceless?
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Nsiman(m): 11:42pm On Dec 31, 2010
Even if it is atiku that is in aso rock, i can't blame him. What is the intelligent unit of our security out fit and the entire security doing?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie / Bayelsa Election: Dickson Leads With Over 60 Percent Of Votes / Beggars Protest Low Patronage In Oyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.