Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,381 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:51 AM

Bomb Blast In Abuja - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bomb Blast In Abuja (29070 Views)

Graphic Photos From The Scene Of Yesterday's Bomb Blast In Kuje,Abuja / Bomb Blast In Gombe, Outside PDP Presidential Campaign Rally / Abuja Naija @50 Bomb Blast In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by cold(m): 12:35am On Jan 01, 2011
why don't they just appoint me as Head of Intelligence Unit,Special Ops & see the changes in Nigeria
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by ovo4u(m): 12:36am On Jan 01, 2011
I hope thos useless rebranding Nigeria people will stop that their silly work now huh?, i hate my country
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by nduchucks: 12:38am On Jan 01, 2011
I find it interesting that people are starting to point fingers at Atiku while ignoring the more credible threats from (1) General John Togo of the Niger Delta, (2) Threats from the Orkah crew , and (3) MEND at large.

They will start blaming IBB for the bombing soon and GEJ will invite MEND thugs and others to Aso rock and have a press moment to show solidarity. olodo.

Happy New Year, and as Eze Ndiigbo Gburugburu would say, Good Morning.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by philip0906(m): 12:38am On Jan 01, 2011
9 pages already. . .what a way 2 get in2 d new year
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Nobody: 12:39am On Jan 01, 2011
Drs and Nurses in Asokoro Hospital God bless you, Road safety, Police men God bless you, I dont know what to say, these people are working working, Volunteer Drs are coming in, Nurses from everwhere re coming to help, People re coming to donate blood. In the midst of this horror, I can say Nigerians are indeed great people. Still Jonathan shae on you
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by asha80(m): 12:40am On Jan 01, 2011
ndu_chucks:

I find it interesting that people are starting to point fingers at Atiku while ignoring the more credible threats from (1) General John Togo of the Niger Delta, (2) Threats from the Orkah crew , and (3) MEND at large.

They will start blaming IBB for the bombing soon and GEJ will invite MEND thugs and others to Aso rock and have a press moment to show solidarity. olodo.

i am sure jos bombings are mend too abi? mehn you got jokes
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by justwise(m): 12:41am On Jan 01, 2011
ndu_chucks:

[b]I find it interesting that people are starting to point fingers at Atiku while ignoring the more credible threats from (1) General John Togo of the Niger Delta, (2) Threats from the Orkah crew , and (3) MEND at large.[/b]They will start blaming IBB for the bombing soon and GEJ will invite MEND thugs and others to Aso rock and have a press moment to show solidarity. olodo.

Exactly!!! When MEND started it 2months ago, alot of pple here supported it, now its spreading, i said it that time. .that many evil group will copy this, now this is it. Mind what you wish urself!!!
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Nobody: 12:41am On Jan 01, 2011
Chapelle.S:

Atiku has a case to answer.When he was eloquently quoting JFK out of context,what was he or his press guys thinking of? Inciting Muslims whose religion already sanctions violence?

Binhozie & Chapelle S,

Both of you are so full of it. Muslim this, Muslim that. Have your reasoning gone to the dog?
Warri bombing= Muslims?; Yenagoa bombing=Muslims?, Abuja Oct. 1st bombing Muslims?
So MEND, Okah, Jessy & co are now Muslim.
You are so blinded by hatred, it is obviously eating you up.

Hasty generalisation will lead you senselessness. I can understand you hate Muslims but your speculation is unwarranted (Think! what will Jesus do? Thou shall not bear false witness, remember!).
Let the Security outfit do their thing and give the truth based on Intel rather than your hate-filled anti-Muslim ranting. (instead youare scream you will kill muslim (not those who attacked you, because of the "invented" death of you friend)
(Think! what will Jesus do? Thou shall not kill, remember!). _ _ _Your interpretation of Christianity is akin to extremism of Boko Haram militants

SAY NO TO HATE & RELIGIOUS BIGOTRY!!!

BTW, The sad event is horrendous and evil. My condolence to those affected. The perpetrators will be defeated! The leadership must rise up to the occasion.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Emmysteve(m): 12:43am On Jan 01, 2011
4 bomb blast in one month. I av 2 find my way out of dis country.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by LRNZH(m): 12:43am On Jan 01, 2011
Ola edo:

We are not a nation and never have been one. As individual nations each ethnic group(nation) was progressive until the amalgamation. The country is just too big and diverse to control especially in africa.Sorry but nigeria has never worked and will never.
This is where we differ.

We aren't the only nation dealing with diversity issues.

It is like telling South Africa, Brazil or Indonesia or even US (where there is still marginalisation) to split because of their diversity.

Our case is not even like that of Sudan where heavy marginalisation and ethnic cleansing of the Black South by the Arab North is the norm.

We are a nation that can easily fix our issues by taking out the hydra headed evil of corruption from our polity.

The bombings of today are very likely related ro politics. Politics is a hot bed today in Nigeria because people wan go thief their 'own' share from national cake at any cost.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Olaedo1: 12:43am On Jan 01, 2011
ndu_chucks:

Don't worry they will soon find out that it is also mend setting off bombs in iraq also. Grow a brain.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by BigB11(m): 12:44am On Jan 01, 2011
Please keep in mind that the following are not facts, but only how I see things in Nigeria:

3 Main problems that is killing Nigeria: Corruption, Weak laws and incompetent leaders
Nigeria will be the same hopeless land unless all these 3 problems are addressed and resolved.

The main reasons for the bombing: The PDP Zoning Gentlemen agreement
Bombing may continue till PDP Zoning Gentlemen Agreement is completely addressed or If ACN wins the presidential election.

I think this is a great opportunity for ACN to educate Nigerians on how PDP party is determined to destroy this great nation.

BUHARI may just be the perfect leader we need in Nigeria at this critical time.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Nsiman(m): 12:44am On Jan 01, 2011
@ vigilante, yes he may not but he made the statement, then others execute it for him, it is id!otic 4 anyone to say atiku is innocent
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by philip0906(m): 12:49am On Jan 01, 2011
Emmysteve:

4 bomb blast in one month. I av 2 find my way out of dis country.
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Olaedo1: 12:49am On Jan 01, 2011
LRNZH:

This is where we differ.

We aren't the only nation dealing with diversity issues.

It is like telling South Africa, Brazil or Indonesia or even US (where there is still marginalisation) to split because of their diversity.

Our case is not even like that of Sudan where heavy marginalisation and ethnic cleansing of the Black South by the Arab North is the norm.

We are a nation that can easily fix our issues by taking out the hydra headed evil of corruption from our polity.

The bombings of today are very likely related ro politics. Politics is a hot bed today in Nigeria because people wan go thief their 'own' share from national cake at any cost.

What arent you getting? We are not a nation.Nigeria is a counterfeit and imaginary country  containing nations. Nigeria is worse than sudan,way worse! Its just that southern sudanese had the balls to fight against their oppressors. There's been Genocide going on in nigeria since the 60s.Where have you been? Politics,ethnicity, and religion is one in the same in nigeria so there is no alternative but separation.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Nobody: 12:49am On Jan 01, 2011
There could also be an Ivory Coast dimension to this.

Gbagbo, fearing a military invasion to topple him, may be looking to make Nigeria refocus on internal issues by causing this mayhem. For him as president of Ivory Coast, it's a cakewalk getting some goons to plant a few bombs here and there in Naija.

It would be a masterstroke on his part because he knows the blame will fall on the likes of Atiku and other local malcontents.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Nobody: 12:50am On Jan 01, 2011
Warning - while you were reading 64 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post. shocked
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by sizzlers(m): 12:51am On Jan 01, 2011
ROSSIKE:

Gbagbo, fearing a military invasion to topple him, may be looking to make Nigeria refocus on internal issues by causing this mayhem. For him as president of Ivory Coast, it's a cakewalk getting some goons to plant a few bombs here and there in Naija.

be careful the way you say things here man
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by xterra2(m): 12:52am On Jan 01, 2011
AIRDIG:

Binhozie & Chapelle S,

Both of you  are so full of it. Muslim this, Muslim that. Have your reasoning gone to the dog?
Warri bombing= Muslims?; Yenagoa bombing=Muslims?, Abuja Oct. 1st bombing Muslims?

Hasty generalisation will lead you senselessness. I can understand you hate Muslims but your speculation is unwarranted (Think! what will Jesus do? Thou shall not bear false witness, remember!).
Let the Security outfit do their thing and give the truth based on Intel rather than your hate-filled anti-Muslim ranting. (instead youare scream you will kill muslim (not those who attacked you, because of the "invented" death of you friend)
(Think! what will Jesus do? Thou shall not kill, remember!).    _ _ _Your interpretation of Christianity is akin to extremism of Boko Haram militants

BTW, The sad event is horrendous and evil. My condolence to those affected. The perpetrators will be defeated! The leadership must rise up to the occasion.
GBAM!!
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by LRNZH(m): 12:52am On Jan 01, 2011
Ola edo:

What arent you getting? We are not a nation.Nigeria is a counterfeit and imaginary country  containing nations. Nigeria is worse than sudan,way worse! Its just that southern sudanese had the balls to fight against their oppressors. There's been Genocide going on in nigeria since the 60s.Where have you been? Politics,ethnicity, and religion is one in the same in nigeria so there is no alternative but separation.

Like I have stated. This where we differ.

If Nigeria's situation is worse than Sudan you won't be here speaking English.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Nobody: 12:53am On Jan 01, 2011
Binhozie & Chapelle S,

Both of you are so full of it. Muslim this, Muslim that. Have your reasoning gone to the dog?

(Think! what will Jesus do? Thou shall not kill, remember!). _ _ _Your interpretation of Christianity is akin to extremism of Boko Haram militants

Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by xterra2(m): 12:54am On Jan 01, 2011
NO but seriously , 3 bomb blast in a week ( not 7 actually cause jos was 5 ) let me just say 3
in jos
Bayelsa
Abuja

And the worst thing is that the police are not capable of investigating it and nothing would be done at the end
Vision 20 2020 lets go
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Nsiman(m): 12:54am On Jan 01, 2011
@ emmysteve, bye bye. For me i'm married to nigeria
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by asha80(m): 12:54am On Jan 01, 2011
ROSSIKE:

It would be a masterstroke on his part because he knows the blame will fall on the likes of Atiku and other local malcontents.

you dey yarn cigar
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Eziachi: 12:55am On Jan 01, 2011
Ola edo:

We are not a nation and never have been one. As individual nations each ethnic group(nation) was progressive until the amalgamation. The country is just too big and diverse to control especially in africa.Sorry but nigeria has never worked and will never.
I will like a situation where everybody should go home and fix their individual problem as small nation. It won't be easy as much of the inherited Nigeria DNA will be carried over to the new nations and will take time to get rid eventually, but there will be pride, ethics governed by individual cultures and traditional ways of doing things which we all lost inside Nigeria, trying to create a plastic  and cosmetic culture.
A new nations where the likes of Fashola who seems to be doing okay in the midst of Nigeria chaotic scene can seek the mandate of his own people who are largely progressive in their outlook but cannot in Nigeria because a Yoruba man in OBJ has had it for 8 years and Nigeria is controlled by a ultra conservative gang of rogues holding hand from all regions of Nigeria not because they had any love among themselves but were united in public wealth they cornered for themselves and their hang ons.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Dukechimi: 12:57am On Jan 01, 2011
Oh God, give me d strength to change the things i can. The serenity to accept the things i cannot change and the knowledge to know the difference
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Depilot(m): 12:58am On Jan 01, 2011
What is going to happen sooner or later is simple, and it is called "Welcome back Military"
My prediction: Military will return with condition to stay around for may be 10 months. They will clean the house, conduct a fair election and turn power over to real people that mean well for this great country.
Nigeria is a dead spot on African map if this doesn't happen, because our past, current and future leaders are totally determined to suck this nation dry till the end of time.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by ChapelleS: 1:01am On Jan 01, 2011
AIRDIG:

You are so full of it. Muslim this, Muslim that. Have your reasoning gone to the dog?

Let the Security outfit do their thing and give the truth based on Intel rather than your hate-filled anti-Muslim ranting.

BTW, The sad event is horrendous and evil. My condolence to those affected. The perpetrators will be defeated! The leadership must rise up to the occasion

Al jeezera-bomb blast in Iraq,50 killed in pakistan.Can you differentiate between suicide bombing and agitations for benefits from the resources that Atiku who this resources lie more than 1000km from his fathers compound want to control by inciting his Muslim brothers to start bombing Nigeria?

If you like call it generalization or whatever,if Atiku made that statement in the context we are right in, in the West,he should have been invited to clarify himself because such statements is inciting.I cannot love those who kill in the name of God.If Muslims behave,then they will be my friends.Jesus did not say that I should befriend a terrorist.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by LRNZH(m): 1:05am On Jan 01, 2011
Eziachi:

I will like a situation where everybody should go home and fix their individual problem as small nation. It won't be easy as much of the inherited Nigeria DNA will be carried over to the new nations and will take time to get rid eventually, but there will be pride, ethics governed by individual cultures and traditional ways of doing things which we all lost inside Nigeria, trying to create a plastic  and cosmetic culture.
A new nations where the likes of Fashola who seems to be doing okay in the midst of Nigeria chaotic scene can seek the mandate of his own people who are largely progressive in their outlook but cannot in Nigeria because a Yoruba man in OBJ has had it for 8 years and Nigeria is controlled by a ultra conservative gang of rogues holding hand from all regions of Nigeria not because they had any love among themselves but were united in public wealth they cornered for themselves and their hang ons.

Ezeachi, your view of the Nigeria solution may have congealed from your past experience as I have read.
But I assure you that if free and fair elections were allowed to run in Nigeria for two just terms you will see the advent of different parties coming to power in the various states (not PDP hijacking the whole country) and the likes of Fashola will ascend in the various parties through this fair process largely due to competition 'cos people have choices.

They know that if this happens corruption will greatly wither hence they won't let that happen.

If only GEJ isn't to run but agrees to conduct a proper election,  PDP will be booted out for progressives.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Rousseau: 1:06am On Jan 01, 2011
Depilot:

What is going to happen sooner or later is simple, and it is called "Welcome back Military"
My prediction: Military will return with condition to stay around for may be 10 months. They will clean the house, conduct a fair election and turn power over to real people that mean well for this great country.
Nigeria is a dead spot on African map if this doesn't happen, because our past, current and future leaders are totally determined to suck this nation dry till the end of time.

This is something that I loathe about Nigerians. The need to call for military intervention in the state. When the military gets involved in any state, this is like a slippery slope, because we do not know what can come out of this situation. Sometimes military leaders get corrupted by the power that they once loathed and become even more horrible than previous administrations. For all we know, there can be another Sani Abacha amongst the military cadre who can use a coup to propel himself into power. Be careful when you ask for military intervention I must stress. You never know what the end result will be. That is why I say, allow the democratic process to continue without any interference.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by tbaba1234: 1:10am On Jan 01, 2011
VOTE OUT PDP
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Horus(m): 1:10am On Jan 01, 2011
I think it was an Inside Job.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply)

Oshiomhole, Obaseki And Timaya At APC Celebration Party / It Is Less Likely For Buhari To Be Defeated In 2019, Says US Institute Peace / Thug With Charm Caught With Thumb Printed Ballot Papers In Anambra (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.