Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,890 members, 7,828,147 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

Bomb Blast In Abuja - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bomb Blast In Abuja (28738 Views)

Graphic Photos From The Scene Of Yesterday's Bomb Blast In Kuje,Abuja / Bomb Blast In Gombe, Outside PDP Presidential Campaign Rally / Abuja Naija @50 Bomb Blast In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Litmus: 10:53pm On Dec 31, 2010
Disaster like this happens when you have a very weak and incompetent leader in charge.

What about 9/11? the blasts in the London underground, those terrorist acts in Indonesia, bombs that occur regularly all over the world?

I'm not therefor concluding that leadership is strong or weak in Nigeria only that we have to get away from the temptation of using acts of violence like these bombings to further our political biases or agendas.  

Above the political and social problems in Nigeria i personally feel that a major flaw in most African countries including Nigeria is one of border control and immigration. As Asian countries such as China and India become more powerful, African nations most begin to understand how they may be perceived in order to formulate measures to forestall current and future destabilization. While the current atrocities in Nigeria may have, as some contend, local political intrigue, i don't believe the consequences would be so far reaching or devastating for Nigeria now or in the long term without external acknowledgment.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Abagworo(m): 10:54pm On Dec 31, 2010
For those who think that the FG has performed well in its handling of issues should check this link.https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-577526.0.html

Why have both Jonathan and Sambo dodged visiting sites of tragic incidents?Jonathan first chickened out of the Jos visit and relegated to Sambo who also chickened out.If I were the President I would visit Mogadishu barracks tonight to assert my courage and also give impression to the helpless public that everything is under control.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by violent(m): 10:56pm On Dec 31, 2010
Eziachi:

I take it then that those killed with their fish still in their mouth, will become vegetarian in the next life (if there are such thing)?

I am sure many people will agree with me that you are seriously ínsane to attempt a cheap humor at a time when people, some of the breadwinners, lost their lives in an unfortunate circumstance. . .those who brought you up did a piss poor job!

You should try, even if against your will, not to be a troll, it doesn't make you look less ugly!
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by dayo1401: 10:59pm On Dec 31, 2010
now i can confirm some people on nairaland are illiterate,

seriies of bombing rocked the country within the spate of two weeks, from jos to bayelsa, to borno, to Abuja, and people said we shud absolve the commander in chief of armed forces, who primarly duty is to protect security to live and properties to Nigerians at all times,

i guess we dont even know our right, in this country, people die and u say the government shud be blame? then who should?

i guess its because u havent been affected by any of those bombing, or mayb u dont have feelings for human life,

in a decent society, the president will be impeached for Negligence and failure to protect the lives and properties of Nigeria,

u ask urself a simple question, has anybdy ever been arrested in previous bombing??

tomorw, he wil come out and give an empty speech, after two weeks, the case will die down,
then anoda bomb will hit anoda place in Nigeria,

comon, open ya eyes,

terrorism only happen in country where the government is weak, u do that in a civilized world, u face the music,
u can ask abdulmutallab, how far
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Chrisbenogor(m): 10:59pm On Dec 31, 2010
Abagworo:

For those who think that the FG has performed well in its handling of issues should check this link.https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-577526.0.html

Why have both Jonathan and Sambo dodged visiting sites of tragic incidents?Jonathan first chickened out of the Jos visit and relegated to Sambo who also chickened out.If I were the President I would visit Mogadishu barracks tonight to assert my courage and also give impression to the helpless public that everything is under control.
#wishfulthinking
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by BigB11(m): 10:59pm On Dec 31, 2010
With my 2 eyes, after seeing what is on the ground and what's truly going on with PDP, I have finally realized the only hope for Nigeria at this point.

BUHARI may just be an answer we need more than anything else.

Jonathan must go!
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by cold(m): 11:00pm On Dec 31, 2010
some posts here are filled with nothing but unbridled hate for the Commander in chief.JEG will not step down cuz of you weaklings,rather i'd recommend he spares no expense in getting your friends,aiders & abetters arrested & tried for treason and put to death
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:01pm On Dec 31, 2010
Cnn says second explosion were fireworks
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by oderemo(m): 11:02pm On Dec 31, 2010
@big bi,
halleluyahx3,
my man has seen the light.
waoh, thats good news.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by dayo1401: 11:02pm On Dec 31, 2010
@ Litmus,
and how many has re occured after 9/11,
its not that it cant, u make it almost in possible

the guy at attempted to bomb times square newyork, has been sentence to life in prisonment,

not by obama coming out to make empty speches, and dies the case down after two weeks,
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Rhino5dm: 11:02pm On Dec 31, 2010
it is very sad indeed that we yet in another round of terrorism which has become the face of Nigeria. while its normal for people to express fear, hope and regret,

what i found worrying with all spade of unnecessary taking of human life is giving the co.war.ds any  feel of victory.

Now, take a moment and ask yourself

What if the perpetrators of this ugly acts intend to make you feel this way??

please stop giving those savages reason to feel victorious

my sincere condolence to those who lost their love once in this ugly incident.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Becomrich12: 11:03pm On Dec 31, 2010
what happened, video please
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by maimalari: 11:04pm On Dec 31, 2010
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by LRNZH(m): 11:05pm On Dec 31, 2010
Litmus:

What about 9/11? the blasts in the London underground, those terrorist acts in Indonesia, bombs that occur regularly all over the world?

I'm not therefor concluding that leadership is strong or weak in Nigeria only that we have to get away from the temptation of using acts of violence like these bombings to further our political biases or agendas.  

Above the political and social problems in Nigeria i personally feel that a major flaw in most African countries including Nigeria is one of border control and immigration. As Asian countries such as China and India become more powerful, African nations most begin to understand how they may be perceived in order to formulate measures to forestall current and future destabilization. While the current atrocities in Nigeria may have, as some contend, local political intrigue, i don't believe the consequences would be so far reaching or devastating for Nigeria now or in the long term without external acknowledgment.

Are you implying that the incessant bombings and violence that we have been witnessing all over Nigeria since Independence day are equivalent to the singular events in various countries like you mentioned?

What has the current FG done with regards to the arm shipment from Iran. Would Britain, US or Indonesia have kept quiet the way we have if they were the affected country?

Watch and see what the how the FGN leadership will respond to the bombing(s) of today. I bet you will classify the response (if any) as strong too.

dayo1401:

@ Litmus,
and how many has (sic) re occured after 9/11,
its not that it cant, u make it almost in possible

the guy at attempted to bomb times square newyork, has been sentence to life in prisonment,

not by obama coming out to make empty speches, and dies the case down after two weeks,

Exactly.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by cold(m): 11:05pm On Dec 31, 2010
It's on Aljazeera right now:http://english.aljazeera.net/watch_now/
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by moderattor: 11:06pm On Dec 31, 2010
they said
'their god ordered them to kill ppl of other religion
after preaching to them'
even without provocation
even if they forgiving u everytime u do this
even if they are ur neighbours and classmates
even if they are at peace with u
even if they are helping u to survive. . .
Kill them
this is
'the religion of peace'
kill those who love u.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by oderemo(m): 11:06pm On Dec 31, 2010
some posts here are filled with nothing but unbridled hate for the Commander in chief.JEG will not step down cuz of you weaklings,rather i'd recommend he spares no expense in getting your friends,aiders & abetters arrested & tried for treason and put to death
as if.
GEJ hasnt the temerity , ability and wherewithall to do all those u r asking of him. can you push water up hill? ans. no.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Eziachi: 11:07pm On Dec 31, 2010
violent:

I am sure many people will agree with me that you are seriously ínsane to attempt a cheap humor at a time when people, some of the breadwinners, lost their lives in an unfortunate circumstance. . .those who brought you up did a piss poor job!

You should try, even if against your will, not to be a troll, it doesn't make you look less ugly!

Tell me something about Nigeria that is worth taking serious? Everything about Nigeria from A-Z is a joke, so don't shed your crocodile tears for me. Those who kill in the dark and attend the funeral in the day light. So spare me.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by SapeleGuy: 11:08pm On Dec 31, 2010
Eziachi:

I take it then that those killed with their fish still in their mouth, will become vegetarian in the next life (if there are such thing)?
By the way, this is the Nigeria your fathers shedded so much of our Biafra blood in order to have, there is no point complaining now as you can't plant mango and reap pineapple. You got what they wanted, its a gift from a father to their children, so happy days. This is just the begining.

In hindsight, you may well regret your comments. You are so consumed with hatred, that you couldn't stop to remember that there is a huge population of 'Biafrans' in Abuja. Clap for yourself.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by binhozie(m): 11:09pm On Dec 31, 2010
Apparently the reports about a bomb blast in a church were misleading
Thats what set my blood boiling!
My friend was among those killed in the bomb blast at mammy market (God bless his soul) then i heard there was another one in a church with plenty casualties which now appears to be false. Only fools peddle such stupid rumors. This one looks politically motivated
But i swear, if it were true i'd have taken my first life/lives without batting an eyelid!!
Nonsense!!
Infact i wish it were true.

DEATH TO ALL MOSLEMS!! NONSENSE!!
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by AbuMaryam1(m): 11:09pm On Dec 31, 2010
zoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooologist wee suppose to be in zooooooooooooo very unfurtunate he is in Aso Rock, i pity Nigerians.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by AbuMaryam1(m): 11:11pm On Dec 31, 2010
Becomrich?:

what happened, video please
[/quote}
we de do party,
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by maimalari: 11:12pm On Dec 31, 2010
Chrisbenogor:

Cnn says second explosion were fireworks

No. CNN says there is a second blast in a church about 5km from the barracks that was first hit.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Sharonf(f): 11:12pm On Dec 31, 2010
binhozie:

Apparently the reports about a bomb blast in a church were misleading
Thats what set my blood boiling!
My friend was among those killed in the bomb blast at mammy market (God bless his soul) then i heard there was another one in a church with plenty casualties which now appears to be false. Only fools peddle such silly rumors. This one looks politically motivated
But i swear, if it were true i'd have taken my first life/lives without batting an eyelid!!
Nonsense!!
Infact i wish it were true.

DEATH TO ALL MOSLEMS!! NONSENSE!!

Mor o n. Your friend died and you came on nairaland.com ?? ?
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by philip0906(m): 11:13pm On Dec 31, 2010
Eziachi:

Tell me something about Nigeria that is worth taking serious? Everything about Nigeria from A-Z is a joke, so don't shed your crocodile tears for me. Those who kill in the dark and attend the funeral in the day light. So spare me.
sad but true. . .
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by AbuMaryam1(m): 11:14pm On Dec 31, 2010
Sharon_f:

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by oderemo(m): 11:15pm On Dec 31, 2010

with the bolded, what the fck u r doing on this Nigeria forum if one may ask considering yor position abt nija,
if Nigeria is a joke , what was yor BIAFRA THEN. ? HALLUCINATION, you bet.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by cold(m): 11:15pm On Dec 31, 2010

Home » News & Reports » News
News and Reports
Another Abuja Bomb Blast- Jonathan Reacts.,
Posted: December 31, 2010 - 22:46
Posted by siteadmin
By Mitaire Ikpen

Tonight, evil people determined to turn the joys of fellow Nigerians to ashes detonated a bomb at a barracks market in the Federal Capital City.

Basking in their nefarious success in Jos on Christmas eve, they have once again knifed at the heartstrings of a nation decked out in gaiety, celebrating new year's eve. This is extreme evil. It is wicked. It defies all that we believe in, and stand for as a nation.

The president, Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, condemns this attack, and commands the nation's security services to rise to the occasion and  arrest this new and dangerous challenge to our peace and stability.

There shall be no sacred cows. All, no matter how remotely connected to these incidents, must be brought to justice.

They must be made to pay.   No one, and we repeat, no one, can make this nation ungovernable.

Ima Niboro
Special Adviser to the President,
Media and Publicity

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/another-abuja-bomb-blast-jonathan-reacts
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Nobody: 11:16pm On Dec 31, 2010
A well planned prelude to another round of martial music, followed by "Good morning fellow Nigerians. This is Major Kokoro Tonjefo bringing you good tidings"

I'm staying by my Radio already.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by binhozie(m): 11:16pm On Dec 31, 2010
Abu-Maryam:

zoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooologist wee suppose to be in zooooooooooooo very unfurtunate he is in Aso Rock,  i pity Nigerians.

Tell your brothers in abuja NOT to plant ANY bomb in ANY church OOOO!!!
Otherwise. . .  

Bloody Terrorist! Nonsense!

Sharon_f:

FOOOOL!
Suffice it to say you will die by 11:59pm tonight. Iddiot!
Are you a bloody terrorist moslem too?
Yes i lost my friend, but for reasons best known to me, i'll be indoors till the sun comes out
You will all die painful deaths. . . Bloody terrorists!
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Nobody: 11:17pm On Dec 31, 2010
I hope this is not another one, but the same ones we've been talking about for the past few days undecided
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Fhemmmy: 11:18pm On Dec 31, 2010
so sad to see this happening in Nigeria . . . . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

‘13 Parties’ Threaten To Pull Out Of 2023 Elections Over Naira Redesign / Insecurity: Gumi Meets Obasanjo In Abeokuta / Where Rule Of Law Is Trampled Upon, Anarchy Reigns Supreme, Obi Replies Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.