Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,081 members, 7,821,718 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

Bomb Blast In Abuja - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bomb Blast In Abuja (28734 Views)

Graphic Photos From The Scene Of Yesterday's Bomb Blast In Kuje,Abuja / Bomb Blast In Gombe, Outside PDP Presidential Campaign Rally / Abuja Naija @50 Bomb Blast In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by nduchucks: 1:14am On Jan 01, 2011
Ola edo:

Don't worry they will soon find out that it is also mend setting off bombs in iraq also. Grow a brain.

ola edo, funny guy. one would have thought by now, you would have reached the conclusion that Gbagbo detonated the bomb as a warning to ecowas and its leader GEJ olodo. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Depilot(m): 1:16am On Jan 01, 2011
@Rousseau
Great point; but anything is better than what these thieves are feeding us.
You do not want to see how our leaders and their families are spending our money, both in Nigeria and overseas on rubbish. It is ridiculous and unGodly.
Again, the past, current and future leaders are determined to suck this nation and all Nigerians dry till the end of time. Something drastic must happen to get our country back from these evils.

Facts, with all money generated from Oil, our country is now a great example of a hopeless land, leaders are thieves, nothing is working, our laws are nothing but expensive decorations. I think with Military intervention/sensible conditions we have nothing to lose at this point.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by goggs(m): 1:17am On Jan 01, 2011
tbaba1234:

VOTE OUT PDP

I couldnt agree more!

aisha2:

Drs and Nurses in Asokoro Hospital God bless you, Road safety, Police men God bless you, I dont know what to say, these people are working working, Volunteer Drs are coming in, Nurses from everwhere re coming to help, People re coming to donate blood. In the midst of this horror, I can say Nigerians are indeed great people. Still Jonathan shae on you

Good to see such response to a national calamity. At least we have not lost our humanity

ovo4u:

I hope thos useless rebranding Nigeria people will stop that their silly work now huh?, i hate my country

Go look for Somali citizenship, or better Afghanistan. If you black well well go to Sudan. I hear the JANJANWEED are looking for recruits
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by presido1: 1:19am On Jan 01, 2011
LRNZH:

Ezeachi, your view of the Nigeria solution may have congealed from your past experience as I have read.
But I assure you that if free and fair elections were allowed to run in Nigeria for two just terms you will see the advent of different parties coming to power in the various states (not PDP hijacking the whole country) and the likes of Fashola will ascend in the various parties through this fair process largely due to competition 'cos people have choices.

They know that if this happens corruption will greatly wither hence they won't let that happen.

If only GEJ isn't to run but agrees to conduct a proper election,  PDP will be booted out for progressives.
Too many if(s). As in Nigeria one if will take one millennium to come to reality. So it will take like 300 to 400 years for us to have a free and fair election in this contraption called Nigeria. Nigeria as it is, is not working the earlier we face the reality the better for you, me and our children. Attacking Eziachi or any other person that suggest a solution is not the way.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by LRNZH(m): 1:21am On Jan 01, 2011
Depilot:

@Rousseau
Great point; but anything is better than what these thieves are feeding us.
You do not want to see how our leaders and their families are spend our money, both in Nigeria and overseas. It is ridiculous and unGodly.
Again, the past, current and future leaders are determined to suck this nation and all Nigerians dry till the end of time. Something drastic must happen to get our country back from these evils.

Facts, with all money generated from Oil, our country is now a great example of a hopeless land, leaders are thieves, nothing is working, our laws are nothing but expensive decorations. I think with Military intervention/sensible conditions we have nothing to lose at this point.

Military take-over shouldn't be an option at the moment.

presido1:

Too many if(s). As in Nigeria one if will take one millennium to come to reality. So it will take like 300 to 400 years for us to have a free and fair election in this contraption called Nigeria. Nigeria as it is, is not working the earlier we face the reality the better for you, me and our children. Attacking Eziachi or any other person that suggest a solution is not the way.
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
We just had our if moment and GEJ may blow it.

The best GEJ could have done was not to run but conduct a free and fair process where votes count for what they are worth and handover in May.
We are currently facing an opportunity for a watershed in our history as Nigeria.

We will turn a new leaf at that point.

Abdulsallam would have continued to hold on to power after Abacha. But he handed over to civilians. That was an if moment, a watershed.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by calddon(m): 1:22am On Jan 01, 2011
c hw naija is proving d united states right.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Nobody: 1:25am On Jan 01, 2011
na wa
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Nobody: 1:26am On Jan 01, 2011
for those talking of military taking power i disagree with that nt inthese era again for a country like nigeria.
LIKE I ALWAYS SAY LETS TELL OUR RELATIVES,FRIENDS,SIBLINGS,CO WORKERR,LEADERS,CHILDREN,TEACHERS,OUR ANIMALS ETC THAT nigeria is a name gotten 4rm a sinful mouth(arthur's girlfriend) and any thing sinful can never WORK. PLS u can call me anything u want but d truth bites. LETS SEPERATE SIMPLE
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by calddon(m): 1:27am On Jan 01, 2011
xterra2:

NO but seriously , 3 bomb blast in a week ( not 7 actually cause jos was 5 ) let me just say 3
in jos
Bayelsa
Abuja

And the worst thing is that the police are not capable of investigating it and nothing would be done at the end
Vision 20 2020 lets go

haba! R u not aware that vision 2020 died with Yaradua?
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Nsiman(m): 1:28am On Jan 01, 2011
MEND dey detonate bomb 4 church abi 4 oil pipe line? This is reli-political i think
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Eziachi: 1:30am On Jan 01, 2011
LRNZH:

Ezeachi, your view of the Nigeria solution may have congealed from your past experience as I have read.
But I assure you that if free and fair elections were allowed to run in Nigeria for two just terms you will see the advent of different parties coming to power in the various states (not PDP hijacking the whole country) and the likes of Fashola will ascend in the various parties through this fair process.

They know that if this happens corruption will greatly wither hence they won't let that happen.

If only GEJ isn't to run but agrees to conduct a proper election,  PDP will be booted out for progressives.
Free and fair elections do not guarantee good leaders. And you really think that the owner of the PLC called Nigeria will allow a free and fair election? It is like asking a pick pocket to support people to queue up in an orderly manner, when you know that a pick pocket thrives in a disorderly environment. Nigeria is not the only country with corrupt leaders but still those countries will still boast of the most simply basic need (go across in Cameroon). The problem emanates from its foundation and structure, so there is no point painting the house, furnishing it with gold and silver without first addressing faulty foundation, it will never be safe.
I am talking based on experience, I had seen it all with Nigeria, that the only option left is for people to go their separate ways and solve their own problem the way they sees fit, on their own terms, their own pace. Nigeria is too big a nation, in a third world environment with many distinctive ethnic nations to be governed from one source. If you can’t be on your own as most my Yoruba friends seems to show in their attitude, then with open eyes and ears negotiate the kind of marriage that suits you with anyone you find desirable, unlike Nigerian arranged marriage.
 Even the United Kingdom with over 800 years of democracy recognised that there cultural and identity differences between the English, Scottish. Welch and Northern Irish nations that make up the Kingdom, hence in 1997 they devolved power from London to this nations so that everybody can still do their own thing, the way they see fit and maintain a sense of belonging.
Nigeria the way I see it, is like a business enterprise of few people, while the rest is there to make up the numbers or trying to join the enterprise if possible and once they are in, they are okay. So it doesn’t matter if you bring in a Saint Paul to rule Nigeria in a free and fair election, because he will still fail due to the structure that is crooked, deceptive and designed not to work from the start.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Pharoh: 1:30am On Jan 01, 2011
sad
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Depilot(m): 1:33am On Jan 01, 2011
I was told that Uncle Jo did not want to run, he was pushed by Obasanjo and co into this mess.
The zoning agreement these people are making noise over pretty much brought Uncle Jo to Aso rock. Therefore, to turn his back to the agreement will definitely leave a bad taste in many people's mouth.
It is inevitable that trouble will irrupt sooner or later. There is no way the northerners will allow this election to go smoothly, and I was told that many leaders all around the world (including USA) agree with the northerners. Agreement is an agreement.

The best thing that can happen to Nigeria is for ACN to knock off PDP. Some people are already picking Buhari as their main guy.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by KnowAll(m): 1:40am On Jan 01, 2011
[size=14pt]A nation that has chosen to pay her Legislators(by the way only 550 individuals) $1.7 million dollars a year would go no where. Those salaries should be cut to N3million  a year, and I can bet my life their would be enough takers in the land vying for this post therby enabling ordinary folks to chase that elusive and phatom dream of becoming a lawmaker.

The savings made from this salary cut should be use to put more booths on the ground. Can u imagine a nation of 150 million people only having 85,000 personnel in the Army, Airforce and Navy.

One of the major problems  that bedevils us in Jos and Maiduguri is, that we have not got enough booths on the ground. We should have a minimum 1 million people in uniform, ranging from the Army, Police, SSS, Airforce, Special forces and navy personnel.[/size]
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by LRNZH(m): 1:40am On Jan 01, 2011
Eziachi:

Even the United Kingdom with over 800 years of democracy recognised that there cultural and identity differences between the English, Scottish. Welch and Northern Irish nations that make up the Kingdom, hence in 1997 they devolved power from London to this nations so that everybody can still do their own thing, the way they see fit and maintain a sense of belonging.
Nigeria the way I see it, is like a business enterprise of few people, while the rest is there to make up the numbers or trying to join the enterprise if possible and once they are in, they are okay. So it doesn’t matter if you bring in a Saint Paul to rule Nigeria in a free and fair election, because he will still fail due to the structure that is crooked, deceptive and designed not to work from the start.

Ezeachi, I like your British power devolvement example.

Remember Britain had become a mature democracy with little or no corruption in its polity and they decided to decentralise afterwards in 1997.

Nigeria is not even a democracy yet in the true sense of the word (unless you have been voting for PDP since 1999).

Before we consider separation or military intervention , we need to establish two things:

1. Ensure that peoples vote count, which will assist in bringing credible leaders into power and leading to 2. massively reducing corruption.

Even considering separation will take a free and fair referendum (voting process), a process we don't even have yet.

Also, separation is not the same as decentralisation. Decentralisation is not a bad option in my opinion.

By the way I don't see how Cameroun is in a better position than Nigeria today.
Paul Biya as president since 1982? My friends from Cameroun tell me about the nepotism going on there?
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Nobody: 1:43am On Jan 01, 2011
Eziachi:

Free and fair elections do not guarantee good leaders. And you really think that the owner of the PLC called Nigeria will allow a free and fair election?  It is like asking a pick pocket to support people to queue up in an orderly manner, when you know that a pick pocket thrives in a disorderly environment.  Nigeria is not the only country with corrupt leaders but still those countries will still boast of the most simply basic need (go across in Cameroon). The problem emanates from its foundation and structure, so there is no point painting the house, furnishing it with gold and silver without first addressing faulty foundation, it will never be safe.
I am talking based on experience, I had seen it all with Nigeria, that the only option left is for people to go their separate ways and solve their own problem the way they sees fit, on their own terms, their own pace. Nigeria is too big a nation, in a third world environment with many distinctive ethnic nations to be governed from one source. If you can’t be on your own as most my Yoruba friends seems to show in their attitude, then with open eyes and ears negotiate the kind of marriage that suits you with anyone you find desirable, unlike Nigerian arranged marriage.

you are the only one that sees and understand clearly.I wish you are my proffessor or our leader,i love all ur post.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Nobody: 1:58am On Jan 01, 2011
SAD SAD SAD, The devils children in action.

Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Eziachi: 1:58am On Jan 01, 2011
LRNZH:

Ezeachi, I like your British power devolvement example.

Remember Britain had become a mature democracy with little or no corruption in its polity and they decided to decentralise afterwards in 1997.

Nigeria is not even a democracy yet in the true sense of the word (unless you have been voting for PDP since 1999).

Before we consider separation or military intervention , we need to establish two things:

1. Ensure that peoples vote count, which will assist in bringing credible leaders into power and leading to 2. massively reducing corruption.

Even considering separation will take a free and fair referendum (voting process), a process we don't even have yet.

Also separation is not the same as decentralisation. Decentralisation is not a bad option in my opinion.

If you read what I said carefully I was also emphasising the importance of a free and fair election, but a productive democracy is not all about just elections and its harvest. Some are now even calling ACN and Buhari but they forgot that those people will rule with the same Nigeria of 36 unsustainable state governments and God know how many local governments.  All these were created to create political positions and get one over one ethnic nation and take lion share of oil money called revenue allocation and they are still planning to create even more states.

I doesn’t matter whose party or person you bring it, they will still rule with a constitution, no one understands, or no one knew the real author but was designed for the benefit of those the authored it. Nigeria is place where a navy can base in the desert without a blink of an eye because the person that sited it comes from the desert but forgot that ship sail in the waters and that is not about to change tomorrow, rather it is getting worse. But If the guy that sighted the navy base is on his own, he will now know that his country doesn’t need a navy because he hasn’t got waters and his people will question his sanity and even throw him out. But in Nigeria, the same people will hail him, honour him and call him a son of the soil because he has successfully deprived those with waters what they should have got and because of this infighting they see nothing wrong in what they would have termed madness if left on their own.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by goggs(m): 2:01am On Jan 01, 2011
Toaskarity:

you are the only one that sees and understand clearly.I wish you are my proffessor or our leader,i love all your post.

the problem will not likely be solved with division if we have selfish leaders. Look at some states with relatively fantastic allocations but terrible mismanagement, look at others will less and seroius development going on. While separation may sound appealing, its not the magic wand to solve our problems. Its an attractive option I am gravitating towards but I know unless fundamental changes are effected our resultant countries or regions can be as small as Liberia and yet be killing ourselves or be as big and complex as South africa and yet be stable and prosperous. THERE IS NO MAGIC BULLET
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Beaf: 2:02am On Jan 01, 2011
May the souls of the departed rest in peace. This is really so sad.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by BigB11(m): 2:04am On Jan 01, 2011
Right from Sahara reports:

What we need is a respected and fear Leader

Submitted by Nigerian1 on January 1, 2011 - 01:34.
The problem with Jonathan is that from day one of assuming office as the President, he did not pull up his big boy pants and show the elite class that their is a new cherrif in town. Instead he continue to appease them and bow his head just like he use to as their errand boy. These people did not waste any time in twisting and molding him as they're pleased. Nigeria is in the same state it is now as during the leadership vaccum created by UMYA sickness. This President is just assuming the name nothing more, those in the higher rank in PDP are in charge of what should be in the country.

If for ethnic reason this man is allow/elected to continue in office God knows we are in for a terrible ending as no one from the top respect the man.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Beaf: 2:05am On Jan 01, 2011
goggs:

the problem will not likely be solved with division if we have selfish leaders. Look at some states with relatively fantastic allocations but terrible mismanagement, look at others will less and seroius development going on. While separation may sound appealing, its not the magic wand to solve our problems. Its an attractive option I am gravitating towards but I know unless fundamental changes are effected our resultant countries or regions can be as small as Liberia and yet be killing ourselves or be as big and complex as South africa and yet be stable and prosperous. THERE IS NO MAGIC BULLET

There is a magic bullet and its called true federalism. It is wise for every Nigerian to learn what it means.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by shevchenko(m): 2:08am On Jan 01, 2011
GEJ is not te leader nigeria needs.He shpuld bow his head in shame ,too many bomb blasts.Does he not have a survellance team,do they not have CCTV cameras or a security device to nail the perperators.The legislators are rather sharing millions of dollars

WHAT A  FAILED SYSTEM
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Beaf: 2:10am On Jan 01, 2011
Big B1:

The problem with Jonathan is that from day one of assuming office as the President, he did not pull up his big boy pants and show the elite class that their is a new cherrif in town. Instead he continue to appease them and bow his head just like he use to as their errand boy. These people did not waste any time in twisting and molding him as they're pleased. Nigeria is in the same state it is now as during the leadership vaccum created by UMYA sickness. This President is just assuming the name nothing more, those in the higher rank in PDP are in charge of what should be in the country.

If for ethnic reason this man is allow/elected to continue in office God knows we are in for a terrible ending as no one from the top respect the man.

[size=21pt]Dude, let me advice you and those of you pushing politics of blood. We will overcome you.
If you push too hard, we will raze you to the ground, you have everything to lose and you will lose it.
[/size]
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Nobody: 2:11am On Jan 01, 2011
caddon said:

c hw naija is proving d united states right.

Maybe the United States has a hand in it too.

You do realise they've been known to orchestrate this sort of thing around the world when it suits them?
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by nduchucks: 2:11am On Jan 01, 2011
Beaf:

There is a magic bullet and its called true federalism. It is wise for every Nigerian to learn what it means.

Happy New Year! Preach that to your thieving brothers in crime and leaders including General Togo, MEND, the Orkahs etc.  who bomb, kill, and maim innocent people.  Make sure that your uncle GEJ gets the memo as well.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by BigB11(m): 2:11am On Jan 01, 2011
Jonathan is a good man, a great Nigerian, but not the right man for the job.

We need a leader that can not be intimidated by anyone on this planet, a leader that can make his own decision, a leader that completely understands the importance of unity, a leader that has records of great accomplishments, a leader that is tough like a dragon, a leader that can clearly express himself and more than anything else, a leader that has a complete respect of all Nigerians.
Jonathan is not this leader; For the love of God, Mr president should step down immediately!
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Abagworo(m): 2:12am On Jan 01, 2011
Big B1:

Kai! Becomerich don yan opata reach sahara reporters.God save them from the impending maps.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by BigB11(m): 2:12am On Jan 01, 2011
May the almighty God be with all the victims and may the king of all kings bless our lovely country
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Nobody: 2:13am On Jan 01, 2011
Jonathan needs to make a really big arrest to regain his authority in this thing.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by LRNZH(m): 2:13am On Jan 01, 2011
Eziachi:

If you read what I said carefully I was also emphasising the importance of a free and fair election, but a productive democracy is not all about just elections and its harvest. Some are now even calling ACN and Buhari but they forgot that those people will rule with the same Nigeria of 36 unsustainable state governments and God know how many local governments.  All these were created to create political positions and get one over one ethnic nation and take lion share of oil money called revenue allocation and they are still planning to create even more states.

I doesn’t matter whose party or person you bring it, they will still rule with a constitution, no one understands, or no one knew the real author but was designed for the benefit of those the authored it. Nigeria is place where a navy can base in the desert without a blink of an eye because the person that sited it comes from the desert but forgot that ship sail in the waters and that is not about to change tomorrow, rather it is getting worse.

The constitution is not the primary problem (at least not yet). Let whatever we call a constitution (1999 or that being ratified without the president's consent) be enforced first. At least the Nigerian Constitution in any form takes rigging or election violence as crimes. Enforce this.

Free and fair elections is an assurance for credible leadership compared to what we have today. That you cannot dispute.

Secondly, look at the regional political parties like APGA, PPRA or ANPP. Even within them they are largely undemocratic.
Or are you saying all the derivation benefit going to the oil producing states has changed their lives? Aren't the South-South people running their own governments? Still nothing to show for it.
So if you separate Nigeria,  what you see in these other parties is what you will obtain in the various regions.

Corruption and nepotism just like in Nigeria today.

We really need to 1. enforce our constitution, run free and fair elections and thus credibility increased in governance will 2. drive down corruption coupled with prosecution of law-breakers

goggs:

Thank you. Exactly!
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Beaf: 2:14am On Jan 01, 2011
Big B1:

Jonathan is a good man, a great Nigeria, but not the right man for the job.

We need a leader that can not be intimidated by anyone on this planet, a leader that can make his own decision, a leader that completely understands the importance of unity, a leader that has records of great accomplishments, a leader that is tough like a dragon, a leader that can clearly express himself and more than anything else, a leader that has a complete respect of all Nigerians.
Jonathan is not this leader; For the love of God, Mr president should step down immediately!

Dude, if war is what you want. War you will get. Nobody is born to rule this country, you people produce nothing, yet you wish to threaten those that feed you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply)

Beggars Protest Low Patronage In Oyo / Insecurity: Gumi Meets Obasanjo In Abeokuta / Gombe Governor Involved In Auto Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.