Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,252 members, 7,811,697 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:30 PM

Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? (12526 Views)

Celebration Of Victory In Government House Yenagoa Bayelsa State (Photos) / 5 Popular Nigerians Who Died At The Verge Of Victory (Photos) / Ben Bruce: Buhari Showing Signs Of Helplessness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by soloqy: 4:07pm On Apr 17, 2011
Kobojunkie:

No, there was no low turnout at the polls in Lagos oo. I think as some have alluded, ACN reps at the polls may have advised people to vote PDP. I heard that on ChannelsTV yesterday, and again later on and it has been repeated again on here. So, you never know, it could have happened.

@ the highlighted part. Very untrue. Even in my polling unit, the ACN agents were disputing and voiding pdp votes like there was no tomorrow. Some of us had to come in and help the intimidated PDP agent to salvage valid votes that the ACN agent forced them into admitting that they weren't valid.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by sbeezy8: 4:09pm On Apr 17, 2011
sbeezy8:

[size=13pt] I want to know why the low number of votes in the SW-

JEGA ANNOUNCED 15 MILLION REGISTERED TO VOTE IN THE SW YET bearly 3-4 million voted in all SW STATES PUT TOGETHER, ITS NOT ADDING UP[/size]
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Kobojunkie: 4:10pm On Apr 17, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

You and this theory too? tongue
Ok, so what is your explanation for the other SW state poll result?

I don't know. I do know, yes many planned to vote one way for NASS and another for The presidential elections, but the results so far do not make sense. Yes, I expected PDP to carry in some places but man, it is as if ACN had no chance at all. Even CPC and other parties had no chance. The level of defeat handed to ACN during the presidential election makes me question what I see.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by eldee(m): 4:11pm On Apr 17, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Please start from the beginning and not the middle.

I think you quoted the wrong person.

You mean the part where you referred to the SouthWest as a nation?
I hope that's just a typo and not the tribal state of mind we always see here.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by paddylo1(m): 4:11pm On Apr 17, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

That was my earlier question:

1) If Tinubu had the ability to sell SW votes, how did he change millions of minds without the media or any mental force? It's simply impossible.

2) Not only Lagos voted for GEJ in millions, could it be remotely possible for Tinubu to change their mind? NO

GEJ was not the best choice, but I guess SW was content from last saturday and they decided to reward GEJ for a free and "fair" election. Possible expl.

The bolded is the first sensible thing u have said in this thread. . . tongue

yea i imagine the ppl of the SW. . .feeling like GEJ can be trusted, esp for his free and fair elections

remember the president appoints the INEC head. . .and if we get someone else he can easily appoint a crooked character as INEC head and we are back to square 1

so yes SW and ACN voters voted for their interests in a way. . .hoping to win OYO and OGUN next week. . .

and keep all the SW states in the kitty in subsequent elections. . .
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Kobojunkie: 4:11pm On Apr 17, 2011
soloqy:

@ the highlighted part. Very untrue. Even in my polling unit, the ACN agents were disputing and voiding pdp votes like there was no tomorrow. Some of us had to come in and help the intimidated PDP agent to salvage valid votes that the ACN agent forced them into admitting that they weren't valid.

NEWSFLASH: You cannot overwrite a CLAIM simply by presenting a CLAIM of your own.  lipsrsealed undecided undecided undecided
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Apr 17, 2011
eldee:

You mean the part where you referred to the SouthWest as a nation?
I hope that's just a typo and not the tribal state of mind we always see here.

Eldee, are you just looking for an argument? What has this post got to do with your first contribution?
The SW is not a nation again? Would SW tribes sound less tribalistic?

Kobojunkie:

I don't know. I do know, yes many planned to vote one way for NASS and another for The presidential elections, but the results so far do not make sense. Yes, I expected PDP to carry in some places but man, it is as if ACN had no chance at all. Even CPC and other parties had no chance. The level of defeat handed to ACN during the presidential election makes me question what I see.

Hmmm. You and sjeezy are playing with the same ball here.
Maybe we'll be offered explanation for the low turnout of the SW voters and the almost too high votes for PDP. Why is Buhari/Ribadu keeping so quiet tho?
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Nobody: 4:18pm On Apr 17, 2011
paddy_lo:

yea i imagine the ppl of the SW. . .feeling like GEJ can be trusted, esp for his free and fair elections

remember the president appoints the INEC head. . .and if we get someone else he can easily appoint a crooked character as INEC head and we are back to square 1

so yes SW and ACN voters voted for their interests in a way. . .hoping to win OYO and OGUN next week. . .

and keep all the SW states in the kitty in subsequent elections. . .

Thank you, yay I said something sensible. God is good.

We might as well wait for next week, the air will be clearer by then. Our questions will be answered, Dr. Sensible.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by paddylo1(m): 4:19pm On Apr 17, 2011
ITS ALL OVER FOLKS. . HA HA. . POP POP POP CHAMPAGNE. .

[size=13pt]THEWILL Projects That Goodluck Jonathan Will Win Presidential Election[/size]
Font size: THEWILL. 17/04/2011 07:03:00

PROJECTED WINNER OF NIGERIA'S APRIL 16, 2011, PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION, INCUMBENT PRESIDENT GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN.

SAN FRANCISCO, April 17, (THEWILL) – [size=13pt]With almost 36 states reporting their results for the 2011 Presidential election, THEWILL can conveniently project that incumbent President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) will win the Presidential election defeating his closest rival, General Muhammadu Buhari of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC).[/size]

THEWILL’s projection was made following exit poll numbers from the election with more emphasis on the core northern states where the CPC candidate has his strongest support. With the results from Katsina, Kano, Jigawa, Sokoto, Bauchi, Kaduna, Zamfara and Kebbi already in, General Buhari has been unable to erase the massive deficit handed him in the South South, South West, and Middle Belt, where he was unable to win a single state.

With results from Yobe, Kebbi, Niger, and Borno still being expected from the core north base of Buhari, even if he wins 90 percent of the votes, he still has a huge deficit to deal with.

[size=13pt]However, President Goodluck Jonathan from the exit poll figures available to THEWILL, won in the entire South except in Osun State, where the Action Congress of Nigeria candidate, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, scored his only victory.

Goodluck Jonathan also won in two northern states; Kwara and Adamawa; and the Middle Beltan states of Taraba, Plateau, and Benue as at press time, plus scoring the highest number of votes cast in the election.

Dr. Jonathan also easily fulfilled the mandatory 25 percent of the votes in 2/3 of the states of the federation as required by the constitution
[/size]

Voting in the election was however done along ethnic and religious lines as voters from the predominantly north voted for Muhammadu Buhari, a retired army General and Muslim, while the predominantly south voted for Goodluck Jonathan, a Christian from the oil rich Niger Delta area.

http://thewillnigeria.com/politics/8256-THEWILL-Projects-That-Goodluck-Jonathan-Will-Win-Presidential-Election.html
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by eldee(m): 4:21pm On Apr 17, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Eldee, are you just looking for an argument? What has this post got to do with your first contribution?
The SW is not a nation again? Would SW tribes sound less tribalistic?

Hehehe . . . come on, you know I love you.
You said I should read from the beginning (which I hate doing), and I did.

And for true Nigerians like us that see beyond ethnic divide, Nigeria is the nation . . . the South West is just a region, part of the nation.
Tribes is tribalistic too . . . stick with Regions, or the popular one . . . states??
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Kobojunkie: 4:23pm On Apr 17, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Hmmm. You and sjeezy are playing with the same ball here.
Maybe we'll be offered explanation for the low turnout of the SW voters and the almost too high votes for PDP. Why is Buhari/Ribadu keeping so quiet tho?

One thing I have learnt when it comes to Politics in Nigeria is to take what I hear seriously, and only discard it when I have sufficiently broken it to bits.

@Babapupa, @Sjeezy . . . the major Nairaland ACN reps on here are hinting at something possibly taking place behind close doors. . . that there is reason for me to take that and run with it until I get sufficient evidence to say it is not worth it. ROFLMAO!!!

I mean I heard this on ChannelsTV, and so many others have repeated the same . . . either they all watched when some people texted in on the show to say that or some of them witnessed it.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Apr 17, 2011
eldee:

Hehehe . . . come on, you know I love you.
You said I should read from the beginning (which I hate doing), and I did.

And for true Nigerians like us that see beyond ethnic divide, Nigeria is the nation . . . the South West is just a region, part of the nation.
Tribes is tribalistic too . . . stick with Regions, or the popular one . . . states??

hmmm. . . .thinking. . . .

Nah, I prefer SW nation tongue Yoruba nation is more appropriate tho, but seeing that the SW is a huge mixture of Yorubas and Non-Yorubas, the SW nation will do. We need to stop using the savage terminology of our people as tribes.

Kobojunkie:

One thing I have learnt when it comes to Politics in Nigeria is to take what I hear seriously, and only discard it when I have sufficiently broken it to bits.

@Babapupa, @Sjeezy . . . the major Nairaland ACN reps on here are hinting at something possibly taking place behind close doors. . . that there is reason for me to take that and run with it until I get sufficient evidence to say it is not worth it. ROFLMAO!!!

I mean I heard this on ChannelsTV, and so many others have repeated the same . . . either they all watched when some people texted in on the show to say that or some of them witnessed it.

Now I'm beginning to suspect. ugh, when do you think this whole thing will be cleared up?
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by sbeezy8: 4:32pm On Apr 17, 2011
^^^ it will never be cleared up!

people will look the other way like in anambra
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Apr 17, 2011
paddy_lo:

and[s] keep all the SW states in the kitty in subsequent elections. . .[/s]

Are you serious ? We only did a fellow southerner a big favour but next week,the broom revolution continues not only in SW but in Naija.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by soloqy: 4:33pm On Apr 17, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Please look for real ACN reps. Besides, how many people are card carrying members of ACN in Lagos? How logical is saying that ACN sold out to PDP (on the eve of an election)and over 1 million people decided to vote for PDP because of that. You must think very lowly of Nigerians to think that way.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Kobojunkie: 4:36pm On Apr 17, 2011
soloqy:

Please look for real ACN reps. Besides, how many people are card carrying members of ACN in Lagos? How logical is saying that ACN sold out to PDP (on the eve of an election)and over 1 million people decided to vote for PDP because of that. You must think very lowly of Nigerians to think that way.

I am going to guess by the above that you have not been here a while . . . ROFLMAO!!!

I am sorry but no, I don't have to think lowly of Nigerians to know what is possible, especially from our past.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Kobojunkie: 4:38pm On Apr 17, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Now I'm beginning to suspect. ugh, when do you think this whole thing will be cleared up?
I don't expect 'em to come out to say they did it. We will probably get hints from here and there and maybe someone will confess like months later, when he feels he has been stabbed or something by the group. lol
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by eldee(m): 4:38pm On Apr 17, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

hmmm. . . .thinking. . . .

Nah, I prefer SW nation tongue Yoruba nation is more appropriate tho, but seeing that the SW is a huge mixture of Yorubas and Non-Yorubas, the SW nation will do. We need to stop using the savage terminology of our people as tribes.

Yep . . . we need to start seeing people as Nigerians instead, but that won't stop if you keep saying things like 'SW Nation' . . . for goodness sake a substantial percentage of Lagosian are from the South East 'nations'. tongue
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by sbeezy8: 4:41pm On Apr 17, 2011
[b]                    PDP          CPC        ACN         ANPP

ABIA            1,175,984        3,743        n/a          n/a
AKWA-IBOM       1,165,549          n/a        n/a          n/a
ANAMBRA         1,145,169        4,223        n/a          n/a
BAYELSA           504,811          691        370          136
BENUE             658,472      102,171        n/a          n/a
DELTA           1,368,851        8,960     13,146          n/a
EBONYI            480,592        1,025      1,102       14,296
ENUGU             802,144        3,753      1,755        1,111
FCT               253,444      131,576        n/a          n/a
JIGAWA            491,252      663,994        n/a          n/a
KADUNA          1,190,179    1,334,244     11,278       17,301
KANO              440,665    1,624,543     42,353      526,310
KATSINA           424,587    1,154,000        n/a          n/a
KEBBI             369,198      501,453        n/a          n/a
LAGOS           1,281,688      189,983    427,203        8,941
OYO               484,758       92,396    252,240        7,156
RIVERS          1,817,762       13,182     16,382        1,449
SOKOTO            309,057      540,759        n/a          n/a
[/b]

ARE YOU TELLING ME DELTA OR RIVER VOTED MORE THAN WHOLE OF LAGOS?

NIGERIANS ARE NOT ONLY DUMMB BUT VERY DUMMB! TO BELIEVE DAT
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by tlops(m): 4:46pm On Apr 17, 2011
@op: No.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Basseti: 4:47pm On Apr 17, 2011
This thread is silly.

Why is there not a thread here flaunting the "importance' of the NE votes in GEJ's campaign?

If GEJ wins, majority of the Nigerian populace made him king and no vote from one region is more important than the other.

We always try shamefully to position our own regions as the most important in this conglomerate called Nigeria.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by soloqy: 4:47pm On Apr 17, 2011
Kobojunkie:

I am going to guess by the above that you have not been here a while . . . ROFLMAO!!!

I am sorry but no, I don't have to think lowly of Nigerians to know what is possible, especially from our past.

Yes, I have not been here for a while so whether you think lowly of Nigerians or not, its not logical to believe that Tinubu sold out to PDP a night before elections all the while, they were still accusing pdp of everything from ballot snatching to bringing the military to intimidate them.

So even assuming they had to tell everyone in Lagos to vote for PDP how could going to the papers and TV and shouting that PDP was planning to rig and that PDP directed thousands of soldiers to lagos, have helped that cause?
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Apr 17, 2011
eldee:

Yep . . . we need to start seeing people as Nigerians instead, but that won't stop if you keep saying things like 'SW Nation' . . . for goodness sake a substantial percentage of Lagosian are from the South East 'nations'. tongue

I already explained that in my Previous posts. Since the SW has a huge mixture of Yorubas and Non-Yorubas (Thanks to our open arms and tolerance level, then the  SW nation seems more appropriate.
USA has a large percentage of Hispanics, Africans and Europeans. They're not trying to change the country's historic name because they'd  want everyone  to feel as one.
You insult the Yorubas by asking them to abolish their identity in totality. We've taken our step towards one Nigeria (or one SW) as exemplified by the results. We do not need to forget the blood that runs in our veins.

Kobojunkie:

I don't expect 'em to come out to say they did it. We will probably get hints from here and there and maybe someone will confess like months later, when he feels he has been stabbed or something by the group. lol

Months later. Gosh.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Basseti: 4:50pm On Apr 17, 2011
Kobojunkie:

We now resort to fabrication and conspiracy theories to strengthen our positions.

Nice!!!!
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by sbeezy8: 4:51pm On Apr 17, 2011
NASS ELECTION WERE FAKE

PRESIDENTIAL FAKE

nigerians are gullible

Basseti:

We now resort to fabrication and conspiracy theories to strengthen our positions.

Nice!!!!

address this then

sbeezy8:

[b] PDP CPC ACN ANPP

ABIA 1,175,984 3,743 n/a n/a
AKWA-IBOM 1,165,549 n/a n/a n/a
ANAMBRA 1,145,169 4,223 n/a n/a
BAYELSA 504,811 691 370 136
BENUE 658,472 102,171 n/a n/a
DELTA 1,368,851 8,960 13,146 n/a
EBONYI 480,592 1,025 1,102 14,296
ENUGU 802,144 3,753 1,755 1,111
FCT 253,444 131,576 n/a n/a
JIGAWA 491,252 663,994 n/a n/a
KADUNA 1,190,179 1,334,244 11,278 17,301
KANO 440,665 1,624,543 42,353 526,310
KATSINA 424,587 1,154,000 n/a n/a
KEBBI 369,198 501,453 n/a n/a
LAGOS 1,281,688 189,983 427,203 8,941
OYO 484,758 92,396 252,240 7,156
RIVERS 1,817,762 13,182 16,382 1,449
SOKOTO 309,057 540,759 n/a n/a
[/b]

Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Apr 17, 2011
sbeezy8:

[b]                    PDP          CPC        ACN         ANPP

ABIA            1,175,984        3,743        n/a          n/a
AKWA-IBOM       1,165,549          n/a        n/a          n/a
ANAMBRA         1,145,169        4,223        n/a          n/a
BAYELSA           504,811          691        370          136
BENUE             658,472      102,171        n/a          n/a
DELTA           1,368,851        8,960     13,146          n/a
EBONYI            480,592        1,025      1,102       14,296
ENUGU             802,144        3,753      1,755        1,111
FCT               253,444      131,576        n/a          n/a
JIGAWA            491,252      663,994        n/a          n/a
KADUNA          1,190,179    1,334,244     11,278       17,301
KANO              440,665    1,624,543     42,353      526,310
KATSINA           424,587    1,154,000        n/a          n/a
KEBBI             369,198      501,453        n/a          n/a
LAGOS           1,281,688      189,983    427,203        8,941
OYO               484,758       92,396    252,240        7,156
RIVERS          1,817,762       13,182     16,382        1,449
SOKOTO            309,057      540,759        n/a          n/a
[/b]

As you already put into theory. . . . the turn out of voters from Delta state might be larger than that for Lagos. I mean, if a Lagosian was running, the number of Lagos voters that participated might be higher.

That's just my theory, still skeptical about the result tho.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Kobojunkie: 4:52pm On Apr 17, 2011
soloqy:

its not logical to believe that Tinubu sold out to PDP a night before elections all the while, they were still accusing pdp of everything from ballot snatching to bringing the military to intimidate them.
Unless you are going to tell me next that everything that happens in Nigeria follows logic, then I suggest you just let this die . . . Like I have made clear to this point . . . this is a rumour that I feel needs to be investigated. If you don't like it, it is OK for you not to be bother yourself with it. I prefer to run with what the other ACN supporters could have taken place -- when I find that to be wrong, I will let you know.

soloqy:

So even assuming they had to tell everyone in Lagos to vote for PDP how could going to the papers and TV and shouting that PDP was planning to rig and that PDP directed thousands of soldiers to lagos, have helped that cause?
I have no idea what you mean with this hear. I don't know what it has to do or changes of part A . :\ Anyways, don't worry about me
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Moves: 4:54pm On Apr 17, 2011
I thought BB fans said BB will sweep Lagos; What does it now matter if ACN dealt with PDP; BB Failed. No Excuses.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by DeCleff(m): 4:55pm On Apr 17, 2011
@ all. Am very much grateful to all my SW and SE brothers and sisters who has worked tirelessly despite the hot sun and rain to vote massively for GEJ. I almost broke down in tears due to your overwhelming support given to GEJ, May the good Lord bless you all. Am from SS region.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by eldee(m): 4:57pm On Apr 17, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

I already explained that in my Previous posts. Since the SW has a huge mixture of Yorubas and Non-Yorubas (Thanks to our open arms and tolerance level, then the  SW nation seems more appropriate.
USA has a large percentage of Hispanics, Africans and Europeans. They're not trying to change the country's historic name because they'd  want everyone  to feel as one.
You insult the Yorubas by asking them to abolish their identity in totality. We've taken our step towards one Nigeria (or one SW) as exemplified by the results. We do not need to forget the blood that runs in our veins.

But you're still being ethnocentric . . . no one is telling you to tear down the Sango shrines or anything.
All you've attempted to do here is show how Yorubas are better than the rest of Nigeria. . . and no matter how you phrase that it's still tribalism.
Leave the tribalism to the uneducated people . . . you and I know how silly this exaggerated post-code battle can be.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Basseti: 5:01pm On Apr 17, 2011
@ Sbeezy

So your angle is not that Tinubu sold out to PDP in the last minute? Ok, I get that

As for the numbers that U think are incongruent, there might be a couple of possibilities
1) Rigging. This is Nigeria. We also heard of underage voters in the North. I dont see U putting your pants on fire over that.

2) CPC/ACN failed. Both sides couldnt come to a deal and majority of the supporters were disillusioned and stayed home.

3) SS regions might feel they have a personal stake in this election. Na their son now. Thats enuff to put steam into the rudder of potential voters that might not even vote in the next elections

There are other possibilities that might lead to the same result. Why u would choose one over the other beats me.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by dustydee: 5:04pm On Apr 17, 2011
I think the north handed PDP victory. For those that were shouting ethnic bias from the north imagine if it voted the way the south did would PDP have won?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Who Killed Funso Williams In 2006? / Senate Confirms Mahmud Yakubu As INEC Chair, 4 Commissioners / Atheists, Too, Deserve Buhari's Cabinet Appointments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.