Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,047 members, 7,810,868 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:23 PM

Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? (12514 Views)

Celebration Of Victory In Government House Yenagoa Bayelsa State (Photos) / 5 Popular Nigerians Who Died At The Verge Of Victory (Photos) / Ben Bruce: Buhari Showing Signs Of Helplessness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by paddylo1(m): 3:22pm On Apr 17, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

We werent so sure of that before yest.

Its not by any default, abeg.

Thanks jare. Because I didnt get that one that bluetooth was yarning about lol

Ah ahnnnn, that is foul and illegal. Why would they want Bakare to step down? Why did they want that presidential seat so bad?  

Are you sure that was the reason? From what I heard, the suggested plan was for Buhari to step down for Ribadu so that most of Buhari's voters will transfer to Ribadu. I did not know that it reached that level o.  
And surprisingly, even when it's unconstitutional as you said), Nigerians on NL were still clamoring for this "step down"? They will never learn.

If you were on ground in Lagos u would have known that GEJ would win massively here

I have been telling everyone on NL that GEJ will win LAGOS. . but they didnt listen

Most people said Fashola for Guvnor. . .GEJ for president. . thats their choice

All this noise about ACN selling out is BS. .

For one Ribadu is not a popular or good candidate to begin with

He also messed up by agreeing to stand down for buhari who is loathed in Lagos(For canceling the lagos Subway project in 1983)

That turned a lot of would be ACN voters off. . and most voted for PDP. . .

Also Lagos is 40% igbo so they pulled their weight too. . .

Jonathan scored over 1Million votes in Lagos. . thats no mean feat. . and cannot be explained away by useless conspiracy theories
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by sbeezy8: 3:23pm On Apr 17, 2011
^^^ nonsense

lagos wit 6 million voters registered only got 15% of the voters registered to vote GEJ- yet that is not fishy?

If igbos voted massively for GEJ in lagos then the voting number would be atleast 2.5 millions- 3 million.

but its not
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Kobojunkie: 3:24pm On Apr 17, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

This is a very interesting evaluation, which needs be delve more into.

Usually by now, some state would have called for a recount because of rigging. . . . why hasn't that happened yet?

Yea, we need to know what really happened between the plane flight and yest.

Without further story, I'm still believing that my people are learning to vote individualistic, not party.

That coming from @Eko_ile/@babapupa, you need to mark those words. It is already in the grapevine that ACN may have had a hand in the PDP victory in the south west.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Apr 17, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Read nothing of ACN requesting Buhari step down instead. I believe ACN was willing to sacrifice Ribadu,and Ribadu himself was willing to go with it, only instead of requesting seats on the FEC, should Buhari win, they instead requested Bakare step down, which would have happened easily, if not for the timing of this. According to reports, Bakare himself was willing to step down, but was unwilling to do so illegally.

ACN's suggestions, going by those reports was not only illegal and unconstitutional but serious bad judgement on their part.

@bolded That was smart, I suppose.

Lol bakare - the sacrificial lamb.
Well, later we'll get the full info on why ACN want that seat so bad.

sbeezy8:

^^^^ DONT MIND ILEKE IDI she dont kno shiot

nonsense
I'm sorry. My knowledge on thisis kinda limited. And I'm learning a lot by comments that some (i.e koboj and Eko-Ile) are posting.

If you know so much, try posting what you know.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by favouredjb(f): 3:25pm On Apr 17, 2011
Eko Ile:

@ Ileke-IdI

I don't have facts to base my concern on, all I'm saying is this whole one sided PDP victory even in critical ACN strongholds sounds more than fishy. I'm not saying SW folks can not or didn't vote for the PDP, it's just that they are not all that for the PDP and I don't see them voting massively to kick them out today and flipped massively  the next day to keep them in power.

It just doesn't add up.

On top of that, the ACN is acting so unconcerned as if nothing happened.

Till now, we don't know what GEJ discussed with the ACN when he flew to Lagos days before the election and the ACN/Tinubu is not sharing that info with anybody.

My personal theory is "To kill the CPC in Lagos and the SW" because we all know the SW was the battle ground and deciding factor. GEJ was out the door without absolute victory in Lagos/SW. GEJ knew this and he reached out to the ACN to prevent that outcome.

You don't even have to buy my concern or theory, I'm 1000% sure the PDP's huge SW numbers mafifested from GEJ and ACN's emergency meeting days befor the election.

of course,tinubu sold out,that one is an open secret,and it favoured us

i think u guys in Acn should demand an explanation from ur asiwaju

in my P.U staunch acn members were all singing and shouting jonathan at the last minute,i was shocked.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by sbeezy8: 3:27pm On Apr 17, 2011
sbeezy8:

lagos wit 6 million voters registered only got 15% of the voters registered to vote GEJ- yet that is not fishy?

If igbos 40% AS IGBO CLAIM voted massively for GEJ in lagos then the voting number would be atleast 2.5 millions- 3 million.

but its not its alittle over 1.4 million

STAMPING THIS MYSELF COMMON SENSE
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by paddylo1(m): 3:30pm On Apr 17, 2011
sbeezy8:

^^^ nonsense

lagos wit 6 million voters registered only got 15% of the voters registered to vote- yet that is not fishy.

How is it fishy pea brain?. . .How many voted in the NASS elections of last week?. . .

and why didnt u find it fishy then. . nonsense

PS. . .this weeks turnout was larger than last weeks
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Apr 17, 2011
paddy_lo:

If you were on ground in Lagos u would have known that GEJ would win massively here

I have been telling everyone on NL that GEJ will win LAGOS. . but they didnt listen

Most people said Fashola for Guvnor. . .GEJ for president. . thats their choice

All this noise about ACN selling out is BS. .

For one Ribadu is not a popular or good candidate to begin with

He also messed up by agreeing to stand down for buhari who is loathed in Lagos(For canceling the lagos Subway project in 1983)

That turned a lot of would be ACN voters off. . and most voted for PDP. . .

Also Lagos is 40% igbo so they pulled their weight too. . .

Jonathan scored over 1Million votes in Lagos. . thats no mean feat. . and cannot be explained away by useless conspiracy theories

1. Lagos' vote, as some said was not only achieved because of the Igbos there.

2. Lagos state was not the only state that voted massively for GEJ

3. When did Buhari became detested in Lagos again. . . .   Judging from the crowds. . . .

Infact, I think we need to go back and investigate those crowds. . . .
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by sbeezy8: 3:32pm On Apr 17, 2011
paddy_lo:

How is it fishy pea brain?. . .How many voted in the NASS elections of last week?. . .

and why didnt u find it fishy then. . nonsense

PS. . .this weeks turnout was larger than last weeks

it was fishy back then just like anambras "free and fair" election was, yet everyone looked the other way

Ileke-IdI:

3. When did Buhari became detested in Lagos again. . . .  Judging from the crowds. . . .ACN

babes paddy lo dont know shiot too he aint in gidi cause he talkin stuupid trus i kno. buhari was never hated in lagos. if he was that hated ACN whos base is basically lagos would have never even entered into talks
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Nobody: 3:33pm On Apr 17, 2011
favouredjb:

of course,tinubu sold out,that one is an open secret,and it favoured us

i think u guys in Acn should demand an explanation from your asiwaju

in my P.U staunch acn members were all singing and shouting jonathan at the last minute,i was shocked.

Ehnn. . . ok, so if Tinubu did actually "sell" the SW's votes, was there enough time to change people's mind?

You said @ the last minute. We're talking about millions of people here.

How does the selling process go?
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by sbeezy8: 3:38pm On Apr 17, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Ehnn. . . ok, so if Tinubu did actually "sell" the SW's votes, was there enough time to change people's mind?

1 was either low voter turn out or plain non counting of votes look at the numbers

doesnt add up WHOLE LAGOS 12 MILLION + PEOPLE, 6 million registered, only 1.5 million casted their votes? cmon
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by paddylo1(m): 3:41pm On Apr 17, 2011
sbeezy8:

it was fishy back then just like anambras "free and fair" election was, yet everyone looked the other way

babes paddy lo dont know shiot too he aint in gidi cause he talkin stuupid trus i kno. buhari was never hated in lagos. if he was that hated ACN whos base is basically lagos would have never even entered into talks

Negro pls. . .am live in LAGOS. . .and i voted too. . .in both elections

Thats more than i can say for u. . Ilekeidi or Kobojunkie. . .

right now its raining in Lagos. . .The GODs must favor Jonathan . . . .
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Apr 17, 2011
paddy_lo:

LOL,  Sweety, more than you can say for me?

Ok, I might not have voted in physical, but I voted spiritually for  (candidate not GEJ).

sbeezy8:

1 was either low voter turn out or plain non counting of votes look at the numbers

doesnt add up WHOLE LAGOS 12 MILLION + PEOPLE, 6 million registered, only 1.5 million casted their votes? cmon
Interesting.

Arent you pro-GEJ, btw.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Akosbaba(m): 3:44pm On Apr 17, 2011
The only serious challenge to GEJ's return as president was an ACN+CPC coalition,anything else was just wishing on a star
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by sbeezy8: 3:47pm On Apr 17, 2011
Akosbaba:

The only serious challenge to GEJ's return as president was an ACN+CPC coalition,anything else was just wishing on a star

not really had ribadu won the whole SW GEJ wouldnt have won it would have been a runoff.

in kogi the amount that was invalid outweighted the amount of voters.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by paddylo1(m): 3:48pm On Apr 17, 2011
sbeezy8:

u are not making sense here dude. . .the NASS assembly election should have been higher than this for your hypothesis to pan out

u claim the NASS were also rigged. . . so why didnt ACN stuff the whole ballots and inflate their figures?. . .

dude i am in the country i voted. . .waited and watched them count in front of everyone

afterwards all party agents signed and acknowledged the results. . and after that it was pasted for all to see. .

Meanwhile accreditation before voting means that only the number of people accredited will vote. . .

eg if 133 ppl are accredited in a polling unit of say 600. . .then only 133 ppl will vote

and results for that unit cannot exceed 133. . .

ppl just shout rigging as if people are zombies. . .

I saw mums and pops on the line. . and u couldnt pay them money to vote ACN on saturday. .

they were all looking for the umbrella lol. . .
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by sbeezy8: 3:52pm On Apr 17, 2011
^^^

dear paddy lo

you make no sense

NASS elections were not free and fair ACN came out to be the winner and everyone didnt care about whether it was free or not. just as long as ACN won

common sense

from

me
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by soloqy: 3:54pm On Apr 17, 2011
paddy_lo:

Thank you very much. People that are on the ground are calling it as it is and they are imagining things.

Asiwaju sold nothing( I dislike him by the way).

Asiwaju has control only over card carrying party members and not the Lagos public.

This debate came up 2 days before this election and I said the same thing. Lagos is dynamic and I have lived here for the past 17 yrs.

I have seen elections come and go. GEJ is liked. You people have to just get it. Why is it so difficult for you people to understand?

Lagosians and South Westerners weighed the people before them and chose Jonathan.

In the NASS elections , they made a statement against OBJ and the others in this one, they just made an easy choice between Buhari, Jonathan and Ribadu.

Apart from that, yoruba names suffered a lot under Buhari during his time as military ruler. Add the Lagos metro line that he truncated, you get a bad hunting ground for him

You had to interact with people in Lagos and the SW and hear them saying that neither ACN nor Tinubu could have made them vote otherwise.

Next week, we will all troupe out and vote Fashola. This elections is about individuals and not parties.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Kobojunkie: 3:55pm On Apr 17, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

No, there was no low turnout at the polls in Lagos oo. I think as some have alluded, ACN reps at the polls may have advised people to vote PDP. I heard that on ChannelsTV yesterday, and again later on and it has been repeated again on here. So, you never know, it could have happened.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by favouredjb(f): 3:56pm On Apr 17, 2011
@ileke idi,so u don't know anything can happen in naija at the last minute?with party agents telling their ppl who to vote for,lol
even on the queue!
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Phonon: 3:58pm On Apr 17, 2011
Everybody is talking about Jonathan winning.Let us just wait for the final results before making definitive statements.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Apr 17, 2011
soloqy:

Thank you very much. People that are on the ground are calling it as it is and they are imagining things.

Asiwaju sold nothing( I dislike him by the way).

Asiwaju has control only over card carrying party members and not the Lagos public.

This debate came up 2 days before this election and I said the same thing. Lagos is dynamic and I have lived here for the past 17 yrs.

I have seen elections come and go. GEJ is liked. You people have to just get it. Why is it so difficult for you people to understand?

Lagosians and South Westerners weighed the people before them and chose Jonathan.

In the NASS elections , they made a statement against OBJ and the others in this one, they just made an easy choice between Buhari, Jonathan and Ribadu.

Apart from that, yoruba names suffered a lot under Buhari during his time as military ruler. Add the Lagos metro line that he truncated, you get a bad hunting ground for him

You had to interact with people in Lagos and the SW and hear them saying that neither ACN nor Tinubu could have made them vote otherwise.

Next week, we will all troupe out and vote Fashola. This elections is about individuals and not parties.

That was my earlier question:

1) If Tinubu had the ability to sell SW votes, how did he change millions of minds without the media or any mental force? It's simply impossible.

2) Not only Lagos voted for GEJ in millions, could it be remotely possible for Tinubu to change their mind? NO

GEJ was not the best choice, but I guess SW was content from last saturday and they decided to reward GEJ for a free and "fair" election. Possible expl.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 3:58pm On Apr 17, 2011
this time around we did not vote after ethnical difference or religious is sw.am even surprise at the result of lagos and oyo,the difference is so clear,i really like this thread,
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 3:59pm On Apr 17, 2011
this time around we did not vote after ethnical difference or religious is sw.am even surprise at the result of lagos and oyo,the difference is so clear,i really like this thread,
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by eldee(m): 3:59pm On Apr 17, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

3. When did Buhari became detested in Lagos again. . . .   Judging from the crowds. . . .

What's your argument?
That the people that voted in Lagos for GEJ were imported?
Everyone I know from Lagos said the people love GEJ, it reflected in the elections . . .and you're here giving us Super Story about your spiritual voting.

The internet vote was anti . . . GEJ, but they don't get coounted.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by sbeezy8: 4:00pm On Apr 17, 2011
what yorubas suffered under buhari?

incase you dont know yorubas do not care about who suffered what 20 yrs ago!

you guys are making SW too tribalstic.

no one hates buhari in the SW, Hes just not on GEJs level

Kobojunkie:

No, there was no low turnout at the polls in Lagos oo. I think as some have alluded, ACN reps at the polls may have advised people to vote PDP. I heard that on ChannelsTV yesterday, and again later on and it has been repeated again on here. So, you never know, it could have happened.

it was either low turn out, votes were not counted and or people who voted for acn nass voted for gej as president.

the numbers dont add up 1.5 million voters out of 6 millions registered?

ribadu was the lamb.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by soloqy: 4:00pm On Apr 17, 2011
sbeezy8:

^^^

dear paddy lo

you make no sense

NASS elections were not free and fair ACN came out to be the winner and everyone didnt care about whether it was free or not. just as long as ACN won

common sense

from

me

Please are you in the country? Are you in any of the states in the SW?

Its not easy to rig these elections. If you go back to the polling stations now, the results of each polls would still be pasted there. And even if someone tears it up, all the agents have copies and Nigerians wait and count the results, with people recording taking photo shots and writing results.

On what do you base your allegations?

This is the presidential polls, definitely more people will turn out for this one more than the NASS elections. Next week will also have more turnouts than the NASS.Its logical as a lot of people didnt even know who the candidates for the NASS elctions were. But in this, they know the individuals involved.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Apr 17, 2011
favouredjb:

@ileke idi,so u don't know anything can happen in naija at the last minute?with party agents telling their ppl who to vote for,lol
even on the queue!

If that happened in all SW states, that would have been reported to JEGA like last Saturday's event.

I'm sorry, I dont believe your theory.

Kobojunkie:

You and this theory too? tongue
Ok, so what is your explanation for the other SW state poll result?
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Apr 17, 2011
eldee:

What's your argument?
That the people that voted in Lagos for GEJ were imported?
Everyone I know from Lagos said the people love GEJ, it reflected in the elections . . .and you're here giving us Super Story about your spiritual voting.

The internet vote was anti . . . GEJ, but they don't get coounted.

Please start from the beginning and not the middle.

I think you quoted the wrong person.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Nnamdiejik(m): 4:04pm On Apr 17, 2011
no mind am,na goat!
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by Nobody: 4:06pm On Apr 17, 2011
I believe the best way to tackle corruption and rigging (Not saying this election had that or not) is to reward people who report this cases. With evidence, of course.
If parties are paying people to rig, then Nigerian govt should pay people for reporting such events.

Best method.
Re: Would Gej Be Showing Signs of Victory Without The Sw Votes? by sbeezy8: 4:06pm On Apr 17, 2011
[size=13pt] I want to know why the low number of votes in the SW-

JEGA ANNOUNCED 15 MILLION REGISTERED TO VOTE IN THE SW YET bearly 3-4 million voted in all SW STATES PUT TOGETHER, ITS NOT ADDING UP[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Pictures Of The Progress On 2nd Niger Bridge / We Bought Only 36 Cars, Not 108 — Nigerian Senators / FG Begins The Repair Of Apapa-Ijora Bridge In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.