Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

Jesus To Christians: "Why Call Me 'Lord, Lord', But Don't Keep My Commandments?" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus To Christians: "Why Call Me 'Lord, Lord', But Don't Keep My Commandments?" (1286 Views)

Kenyan Pastor Invites 'jesus' To Preach In Her Church,visits Her Family(photos) / Seminarian Onyekachukwu Martins Converts Nonbelievers To Christians In Akwa Ibom / Dear Christians, Why Are Developed/educated Countries Leaving Religion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus To Christians: "Why Call Me 'Lord, Lord', But Don't Keep My Commandments?" by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:04pm On Jun 18, 2021
Luke 6:46 (KJV)

And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

It a shame that many Christians today are guilty of this saying of Jesus yet they are oblivious of it. They honor Him with their mouths and lips, but their hearts are far from Him. Mark 7:6

They lay aside His teachings and commandments to teach for doctrines the commandments and traditions of men, hence they worship Him in vain and make His Word to be of no effect in their lives. Mark 7:7-8, 13

God bless.
Re: Jesus To Christians: "Why Call Me 'Lord, Lord', But Don't Keep My Commandments?" by Kingsnairaland(m): 12:14am On Jun 19, 2021
One of his commandment is to believe in him which is the major one and we passed that one so what your point

1 Like

Re: Jesus To Christians: "Why Call Me 'Lord, Lord', But Don't Keep My Commandments?" by Kingsnairaland(m): 12:19am On Jun 19, 2021
But their hearts are far from Him. Mark 7:6

This statement is God showing where the problem is..

Then he provides the solution by saying

I will give them a new heart

I will write my laws in their heart

I will dwell with them in their heart

I will put my rightoesness in them

Their sin I will remember no more

1 Like

Re: Jesus To Christians: "Why Call Me 'Lord, Lord', But Don't Keep My Commandments?" by Kingsnairaland(m): 12:23am On Jun 19, 2021
They lay aside His teachings and commandments to teach for doctrines the commandments and traditions of men, hence they worship Him in vain and make His Word to be of no effect

This statement is God taking to those who teach false gospel

1 Like

Re: Jesus To Christians: "Why Call Me 'Lord, Lord', But Don't Keep My Commandments?" by jesusjnr2020(m): 6:05am On Jun 19, 2021
Kingsnairaland:
One of his commandment is to believe in him which is the major one and we passed that one so what your point
Exactly my point!

You think to call Him, "Lord, Lord," means to believe in Him.

Jesus is telling you that you can't truly believe in Him without keeping His Commandments. John 8:31

So many Christians actually fail the test because they don't keep His Words.

4 Likes

Re: Jesus To Christians: "Why Call Me 'Lord, Lord', But Don't Keep My Commandments?" by AntiChristian: 9:36am On Jun 19, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Luke 6:46 (KJV)

It a shame that many Christians today are guilty of this saying of Jesus yet they are oblivious of it. They honor Him with their mouths and lips, but their hearts are far from Him. Mark 7:6

They lay aside His teachings and commandments to teach for doctrines the commandments and traditions of men, hence they worship Him in vain and make His Word to be of no effect in their lives. Mark 7:7-8, 13

God bless.

1. Which commandment did Jesus call his own?

Your post title is Jesus To Christians: "Why Call Me 'Lord, Lord', But Don't Keep My Commandments?

But the verse you quoted is Luke 6:46 (KJV)

2. Why the difference?

And Jesus being called Lord is only a title of respect. NO WHERE IN YOUR BIBLE WAS JESUS CALLED LORD (YHWH).

Jesus is Lord. (The man who amalgamated Nigeria was Lord Lugard) Lord being a title and not in any way like "LORD'.
Re: Jesus To Christians: "Why Call Me 'Lord, Lord', But Don't Keep My Commandments?" by jesusjnr2020(m): 5:03pm On Jun 19, 2021
AntiChristian:

1. Which commandment did Jesus call his own?

Your post title is Jesus To Christians: "Why Call Me 'Lord, Lord', But Don't Keep My Commandments?

But the verse you quoted is Luke 6:46 (KJV)

2. Why the difference?

And Jesus being called Lord is only a title of respect. NO WHERE IN YOUR BIBLE WAS JESUS CALLED LORD (YHWH).

Jesus is Lord. (The man who amalgamated Nigeria was Lord Lugard) Lord being a title and not in any way like "LORD'.
Okay I see you don't know that Jesus' sayings is the same things as His commandments, hence the need for those who call Him "Lord" to keep them.

And this question is actually meant for Christian's who call Him "Lord" not Muslims who don't.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jesus To Christians: "Why Call Me 'Lord, Lord', But Don't Keep My Commandments?" by AntiChristian: 5:50pm On Jun 19, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Okay I see you don't know that Jesus' sayings is the same things as His commandments, hence the need for those who call Him "Lord" to keep them.

And this question is actually meant for Christian's who call Him "Lord" not Muslims who don't.

Jesus is not the only Lord in the Bible. So wetin you dey talk?

How many Christians called him lord when he was alive?

Pauline Christians started your form of Christianity after Christ!

And lest i forgot your topic title here and the real verse which is a lie?
Re: Jesus To Christians: "Why Call Me 'Lord, Lord', But Don't Keep My Commandments?" by Kobojunkie: 5:52pm On Jun 19, 2021
AntiChristian:
Jesus is not the only Lord in the Bible. So wetin you dey talk?
How many Christians called him lord when he was alive?
Pauline Christians started your form of Christianity after Christ!
"Lord" implies "Master". Yes, there are many masters out there of which Jesus Christ is one. The Master knows those who belong to Him. And, those who belong to Him, Jesus Christ, cannot serve other masters. undecided

1 Like

Re: Jesus To Christians: "Why Call Me 'Lord, Lord', But Don't Keep My Commandments?" by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:01pm On Jun 19, 2021
Re: Jesus To Christians: "Why Call Me 'Lord, Lord', But Don't Keep My Commandments?" by AntiChristian: 9:27am On Jun 20, 2021
Kobojunkie:
"Lord" implies "Master". Yes, there are many masters out there of which Jesus Christ is one. The Master knows those who belong to Him. And, those who belong to Him, Jesus Christ, cannot serve other masters. undecided

Who was Jesus your Lord praying to on the mountain and by bowing down?

And where did Jesus say anyone should belong to him or serve him or worship him?
Re: Jesus To Christians: "Why Call Me 'Lord, Lord', But Don't Keep My Commandments?" by Kobojunkie: 12:30pm On Jun 20, 2021
AntiChristian:

Who was Jesus your Lord praying to on the mountain and by bowing down?

And where did Jesus say anyone should belong to him or serve him or worship him?
Read the Gospels - without your blinders on ofcourse -and you wil l find the answers to the questions you keep asking others. undecided
Re: Jesus To Christians: "Why Call Me 'Lord, Lord', But Don't Keep My Commandments?" by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:37pm On Jun 20, 2021
Re: Jesus To Christians: "Why Call Me 'Lord, Lord', But Don't Keep My Commandments?" by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:29pm On Jun 21, 2021
Re: Jesus To Christians: "Why Call Me 'Lord, Lord', But Don't Keep My Commandments?" by AntiChristian: 9:42am On Jun 22, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Read the Gospels - without your blinders on ofcourse -and you wil l find the answers to the questions you keep asking others. undecided

Either:

A. He was praying to himself.

or

B. He was worshiping God too!
Re: Jesus To Christians: "Why Call Me 'Lord, Lord', But Don't Keep My Commandments?" by Kobojunkie: 11:05am On Jun 22, 2021
AntiChristian:

Either:
A. He was praying to himself.
or
B. He was worshiping God too!
Like I said..
Kobojunkie:
Re: Jesus To Christians: "Why Call Me 'Lord, Lord', But Don't Keep My Commandments?" by jesusjnr2020(m): 6:29am On Jun 23, 2021
Re: Jesus To Christians: "Why Call Me 'Lord, Lord', But Don't Keep My Commandments?" by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:32pm On Jun 23, 2021
Re: Jesus To Christians: "Why Call Me 'Lord, Lord', But Don't Keep My Commandments?" by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:22pm On Jun 24, 2021
Re: Jesus To Christians: "Why Call Me 'Lord, Lord', But Don't Keep My Commandments?" by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:25pm On Jun 25, 2021
Re: Jesus To Christians: "Why Call Me 'Lord, Lord', But Don't Keep My Commandments?" by Kobojunkie: 9:58pm On Jun 26, 2021
Kingsnairaland:
Those who will end up in Hell in the end also "believe", so it is enough to say you believe in your heart? undecided
Re: Jesus To Christians: "Why Call Me 'Lord, Lord', But Don't Keep My Commandments?" by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:19am On Jun 29, 2021
Re: Jesus To Christians: "Why Call Me 'Lord, Lord', But Don't Keep My Commandments?" by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:45pm On Jun 29, 2021
Re: Jesus To Christians: "Why Call Me 'Lord, Lord', But Don't Keep My Commandments?" by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:10am On Jul 01, 2021
Re: Jesus To Christians: "Why Call Me 'Lord, Lord', But Don't Keep My Commandments?" by jesusjnr2020(m): 10:02pm On Jul 01, 2021
Re: Jesus To Christians: "Why Call Me 'Lord, Lord', But Don't Keep My Commandments?" by jesusjnr2020(m): 10:04pm On Jul 02, 2021
Re: Jesus To Christians: "Why Call Me 'Lord, Lord', But Don't Keep My Commandments?" by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:47pm On Jul 05, 2021
Re: Jesus To Christians: "Why Call Me 'Lord, Lord', But Don't Keep My Commandments?" by jesusjnr2020(m): 10:47pm On Jul 06, 2021
Re: Jesus To Christians: "Why Call Me 'Lord, Lord', But Don't Keep My Commandments?" by jesusjnr2020(m): 11:19pm On Jul 10, 2021
Re: Jesus To Christians: "Why Call Me 'Lord, Lord', But Don't Keep My Commandments?" by jesusjnr2020(m): 6:18am On Jul 13, 2021
Re: Jesus To Christians: "Why Call Me 'Lord, Lord', But Don't Keep My Commandments?" by jesusjnr2020(m): 6:41am On Jul 15, 2021
Re: Jesus To Christians: "Why Call Me 'Lord, Lord', But Don't Keep My Commandments?" by jesusjnr2020(m): 6:40am On Jul 17, 2021

(1) (2) (Reply)

Good People Are In Hell And Some Bad People In Heaven. / Rhapsody Of Realities PDF Download For January 2024 / Questioning A Miracle Of Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.