Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? - Fashion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? (38824 Views)

What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) / Why Do Black Ladies Fix Contact Lens? / Pictures Of Hair Styles, Weave-ons, And Braids? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by vladimiros: 5:48pm On May 13, 2011
see them, naija people, hypocrites on the loose. Blabbing nonsense on nairaland. If you have ever told your girlfriend or wife to stop using makeup and artificial hair/add-on, then cast the first stone.

i tld my mom and sister straight in their faces, i hate wig or weaves or whatever
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by Anextin(f): 5:52pm On May 13, 2011
i cant catch my breath cos am dying of laughter here. oh my gosh! is there anything on the female folks u guys wont rant abt.  well the reason most babes go to dis length is just to look ravishing and pleasing in d guy's eyes and its not even appreciated. hmmm but i must its getting irriating seeing babes fixed up all the. for three weeks i havent made cos my own mum looked at me and said that since i turned into a woman its the first time she is seeing my age written in my face, all those weavons alwayz make me look older. omo eh since then i have not fixed, natural is heavenly
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by lepasharon(f): 6:02pm On May 13, 2011
for me its da raggety weave, Girls realli need 2 kno how much bettter nd YOUNGER dey luk without alll dat dutty weave, thick foundation nd eyeshadows.Less is more i tell u.Braids really rock,it doesnt break hair as much dey have different  fine fine styles now.Use face cleanser nd your face will look CLEAR,u dont need 2 slap on dat conceler ,bronzer nd foundation stuff,most of d tym its d wrong clor anyway.Eye shadow just makes u luk CHEAP,u can line your eyes .u will luk gud i tell u!!
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by ddippset(m): 6:09pm On May 13, 2011
nowadays you cant even tell who is beautiful and who is not until you get behind closed doors !
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by Nobody: 6:27pm On May 13, 2011
@tttn726 : you are not alone brother, i am also sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies.

cap28
uk
« #36 on: Today at 12:53:43 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
black women have got to learn to be proud of what god gave them. the majority of those weaves look terrible.
honestly i dont know how some of these women that carry them around can leave their homes with those things on their heads.  This problem is now at an epidemic stage -many black women have been brainwashed into beleiving that european looking features and hair are superior to african ones, black women have got to stop buying into the western ideals of beauty and be confident in their own beauty, i know its hard with the daily bombardment from the western media of what is supposedly the ideal of beauty

i can only speak for myself but those weaves (especially the ones that are sooo long and fake looking) are a real turn off.

so_silly (m)
england

« #90 on: Today at 05:13:40 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I never really cared about natural v hair pieces, until I dated a girl that rocked natural! Not looked back since .

The picture some guys will paint about going natural, you would expect these girls to have curly hair reaching out to you from the cleavage or that she runs away from make up and smells like running shoes. You are thinking of those tree hugging hippies. It takes dedication, discipline and confidence to go natural and maintain it. Some of the qualities I love & look for in a lady. So, when I see a lady with well kept natural hair & make up, I know that to some degree she has those qualities I'm looking for.

p.s I would not date a lady just cuz of her hair but a lady with natural hair would catch my eye 1st, just saying   

p.s.s Next time you see a lady with natural hair, throw her a compliment (without being sleazy) and notice how different her response/reaction is.

vladimiros

« #95 on: Today at 05:45:15 PM »

i was watching blackberry babes ( movie Nollywood) and i can swear all the girls in the movie had Weaves on

it got so disgusting to watch

well said guys. i swear rocking of natural hair has officially become a quality i look for in a girl; if all else fails i'll date a mixed raced chick or gals of other races who ARE NATURAL.
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by obowunmi(m): 6:29pm On May 13, 2011
I can't date girls who don't have their real hair.
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by Labelle(f): 6:31pm On May 13, 2011
Hi so_silly, please what's your number? Wish to ask you a few Qs. Apologies in advance for putting you in a wierd spot, I have no other means of relaying my request.
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by kabukabu50(m): 6:38pm On May 13, 2011
Would it kill our black women to just leave their hair the way it is,here is a perfect example of natural for you.

Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by kabukabu50(m): 6:41pm On May 13, 2011
Quit the bleach and the chemicals in your hair already grin
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by sosilly1(m): 6:50pm On May 13, 2011
Labelle:

Hi so_silly, please what's your number? Wish to ask you a few Qs. Apologies in advance for putting you in a wierd spot, I have no other means of relaying my request.

Hey Labelle, being a public forum and all, here is my e-add: ice_sid1@yahoo.co.uk. I'll try my best to answer your questions. smiley
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by obowunmi(m): 7:10pm On May 13, 2011
Dread it, perm it, cut it, braid it, rock it ---- but it MUST be your real hair.
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by trekkie: 7:13pm On May 13, 2011
Hmmm
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by obowunmi(m): 7:16pm On May 13, 2011
^^^^^^ hahahahahahhahaha!
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by 10cirenoh: 7:24pm On May 13, 2011
I have told my girl to stop wearing them but she keeps saying her head is too small for her not to wear wig. angry
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by peacettw: 7:25pm On May 13, 2011
If there is one thing i've learnt in my life here on earth, it is that men are HYPOCRITES! I'll repeat that for effect, MEN ARE HYPOCRITES. Back when i was dating my hubby, he kept complimenting me on how natural i looked and how he never wants me to put on make up. Fast forward this to now, Y'all won't believe this, but he now wants the whole sheebang: long weaves, make up, tight dresses to show off my cleavage and what ve u. I had quietly reminded him of his statement earlier made while we were dating and he was quick to tell me that that was in d past and this is his new preference. I really don't understand it cos this is not me and if he had wanted all of that, y court me in the first place.
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by Innundate: 7:27pm On May 13, 2011
Am telling you that for most of us, we have no choice. It's either we go bald or do nothing with our hair sad I don't exactly like extensions, but what can I do?
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by GeorgeD1(m): 7:27pm On May 13, 2011
you can do something. be natural for a change!
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by 10cirenoh: 7:29pm On May 13, 2011
peacettw:

If there is one thing i've learnt in my life here on earth, it is that men are HYPOCRITES! I'll repeat that for effect, MEN ARE HYPOCRITES. Back when i was dating my hubby, he kept complimenting me on how natural i looked and how he never wants me to put on make up. Fast forward this to now, Y'all won't believe this, but he now wants the whole sheebang: long weaves, make up, tight dresses to show off my cleavage(IMAGINE!) and what ve u. I had quietly reminded him of his statement earlier made while we were dating and he was quick to tell me that that was in d past and this is his new preference. That, my Ladies was when i realised that unless we stand on what we really really want, we will always be at d mercy of these men. I can only say this, we have every damn right to do every motherf***** thing we want to ourselves, if men can enjoy that privilege, who d hell says that we can't do same.

That is your husband and the last time i checked, your husband does not represent all the men in Nigeria nor in Africa okay?

Because your hubby can't stick to his beliefs does not make other men same.
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by lepasharon(f): 7:37pm On May 13, 2011
dis is boys own make up lol wen dey remove d hat nd u c d head u will b disappointed lol

Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by kandikane: 7:54pm On May 13, 2011
smiley

Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by kandikane: 7:56pm On May 13, 2011
lepasharon:

dis is boys own make up lol wen dey remove d hat nd u c d head u will b disappointed lol

lol, you don't say. I see very attractive men with hats but when they take them off chinekeeeeee I have to faint fos
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by mystikal(m): 8:19pm On May 13, 2011
I will for sure go for the natural beauty. Anything natural to me is the best. It is what the Creator/Nature designed and made for us. But I do not question the integrity of those going for excessive cosmetic. If they can afford to do that, then they have the freedom. And there are a lot of them who look more beautiful after having gone through cosmetics. But I would still go for what is natural.

No probs with dem at all, as long as you dont stain my bed spreads repeatedly or soil my shirt all the time. U go wash tire!
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by mecussey(m): 8:36pm On May 13, 2011
I hate wigs and attaches too; imagine the alisha keys type of hair style, it looks good and natural on our ladies. Though, it makes them look younger but thats good.
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by Sirmee(m): 8:39pm On May 13, 2011
I tot i am d only one sick of dis. Wen i complained about it, my girl and sister see me as been old school. Another thing that irritates most about it is weneva i touch her attachment hair, i feel nothing but wen i touch her natural hair, i feel nature.
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by okunoba(m): 8:51pm On May 13, 2011
Most of my male friends can`t stand the fake hair business, hence they mostly date white girls. I have been lucky not to date any woman with fake hair, can`t stand the smell, fake look and the fact that it looks like it belongs to somebody else. We all can`t have hair like white people. When will sisters start having some sort of pride about what makes them black. Mental slavery and colonial mentality don finish Black woman sense of self pride. We don talk about this issue before, but yet our black sis just don`t seem to get ; most of us guys don`t like fake hair.

1 Like

Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by tttn726: 8:53pm On May 13, 2011
Sirmee:

I tot i am d only one sick of dis. Wen i complained about it, my girl and sister see me as been old school. Another thing that irritates most about it is weneva i touch her attachment hair, i feel nothing but wen i touch her natural hair, i feel nature.

Totally agree! I saw this sister the other day and she was all about how she hasn't had time for the huge stuff they put on nowadays. I said, i loved the natural hair and asked to just for f$%^ sake touch it (that's how much the hair is missed, touch it before it disappears again! smiley)

I asked her about the natural hair thing and she went on and on about how it breaks etc. I don't get that bit. Can someone explain it, I am a black man and have thesame type of air, my hair no dey break abi i no notice am? I,m not bald also, so what do they mean by breaking/managing

Another thing people should realise is, we are not saying dnt do enhancements etc but its now all over, too much, messy etc LESS IS MORE,

I remember touching this black sister's hair with tha attachement etc and i felt it was the same thing you feel when you touch fake plastic flower NOTHING!
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by Labelle(f): 9:23pm On May 13, 2011
so_silly:

Hey Labelle, being a public forum and all, here is my e-add: ice_sid1@yahoo.co.uk. I'll try my best to answer your questions. smiley

Emailed. Sent chat msgs. Still, silence.
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by tpia5: 9:27pm On May 13, 2011
kabukabu50:

Would it kill our black women to just leave their hair the way it is,here is a perfect example of natural for you.

i'm willing to bet that colour is synthetically created, though i see your point.

can you spot some things in this beautiful photo that makes you wanna go oomp on the pretty lady.

ie have her as your screensaver and wall poster.
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by Decryptor(m): 9:41pm On May 13, 2011
Reminds me of when i boarded a bus and sat next to this cute chick. I contemplated on starting a conversatio when all of a sudden it started, "ODOUR! TERRIBLE ODOUR!!" this girl's attachment or was it weavon was reeking like there were a thousand cadavers in the bus. I almost puked my intestines out that day.
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by divinereal: 9:43pm On May 13, 2011
I HATE WEAVES & WIGS!! They are Abhorrent!!

I don't think I can be with a woman that constantly wears either. Whatever happened to braids, conrows, twists, afro puffs, dreads, bald head and even the common perm or hot comb straightening? No that one is not enough some of these girls wear the most hideous weaves that are so obvious that it isnt real.

I love real black women but if all you do is wear fake weaves, eye lashes etc, yeah I may hit it but I can't wife you up! It is a deal breaker especially if the woman is constantly in weaves or wigs and is obsessive about it.
I secretly look down on women that constantly wear such things its actually embarrassing.

Look everybody knows the hair is fake and is not who you really are, women of other races will always feel like they have one over you because of that. IT'S WACK and its about time black womens culture reverts back to a more natural or at least real hair look!
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by Nobody: 10:06pm On May 13, 2011
Fake hair is simply disgusting.
Please Ladies with real hair-real to the roots,beat these fake a$$ b1tches any day.
Am sick of all the fake hair surrounding me everyday,

By the way where are all the regular women who are always running their big mouths on this thread?
Missing in action?
May be they are trying to take offf their smelly weaves.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Sephora Ikalaba Crowned Miss Helsinki 2017 Amid Controversy (Photos) / Make-up Transformation Of A Lady With Scars On The Face / Shatu Garko Wins 2021 Miss Nigeria Pageant (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.