Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,148 members, 7,825,585 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! (35771 Views)

See What Wole Soyinka Wrote About Fashola(pic) / The Truth About Fashola's Success / What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! Pt 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by edicolove: 4:39pm On May 25, 2011
Eko Ile, I wonder the reason people don't want to acknowledge that the struggle of next generation will be mammoth face than theirs if they fail to promote good governace in Nigeria. May be we don't know that your children and my children are future. By defacing Fashola achievements with their corky tongue, they give reason to bad ones to be complacent. People don't know that project like Lekky-Ikoyi link cable bridge and its likes will give inspiration to coming civil engineers, architects and engineers. Well, mo wi te mi o.

what Eko Ile is doing is soooooooooooo childish and stupid because many states can actually do similar stuff. if you drive around state like kwara, Enugu, Anambra, Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Niger, Kano and Even Ogun, you will produce enough pictures of projects like you are doing now. That is a very stupid way of measuring a governors success. Dint you see all the project pictures the Bayelsa gov was putting everyday on papers for almost 3 months? Ten times more than what you have posted. There is actually no gov that has not done a project or 2. Even the inept Uduaghan can actually go around and post pictures of projects like you are doing. The way to measure progress is to have indices in different department and match what has been done with what is expected to be done. It also means you have to actually have a set agenda and try to show how that agenda has been met. Noit by posting ramdom pictures. Very funny and really stupid. As much as people slight OBJ, do you know he can actually post 50 times more pictures than you are posting? Do you know a lot of good projects where commissioned in the 8 years he ruled. We judge him based on what was expected and the enormity of the need on the ground and that is why people critisize him. If we are to judge him by projects done and their pictures, he will be a hero.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by fadhill: 4:40pm On May 25, 2011
edicolove , where have you been. The Fashola project from Mile-2 to CMS is in progress for the light rail metro line, go to the root to confirm. I have done my confirmation because I'm concern as progressive Nigeria and Hope with what is ongoing. Come to Ikoyi bridge you will see the bridge fast progressing. Please a moment, Sorry, I went to check through my office window if I was seeing mirage. Alas! The project is on going while the engineers are still working. To educate you, the President GEJ did commission the rail system but not light rail-the conventional rail system. Can you hear me, just to borrow my daughter vocabulary. The CONVENTIONAL RAIL SYSTEM understand. Fact, after the commissioning the test run was slated to journey from Iddo-Lagos to Ilorin, when it got to Ibadan their was an alert that their was a problem between Ibadan to Ilorin so the test run was halted. This should be the last I supposed hear about the project. But 2 weeks a go, a cousin told me his friend boarded the train from Iddo-Lagos to Ibadan. Believe me brother this is no exaggeration, it took his friend 7hrs 40min to get to Ibadan. I mean! 7HRS 40MIN. Let us wake up in this country. Haba! Who is deceiving who. I follow all this projects because I really want to tell my kids that we have not failled but that it only took us time on strategies. Let be sincere with ourself by following loudable government projects ourself, then we will know how we are ruled. Thanks, investigate.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by Roland17(m): 4:41pm On May 25, 2011
@edicolovie
Other states building rails tell me how far they have gone, including your Rivers state that gets better monthly allocation compared to Lagos, secondly you have bitten the tigers tail by mentioning doctors, all General hospitals in Lagos state, including Alimosho(where i lived before relocating) General hospitals are have new looks, you can check for your self, the Doctors are only being selfish and as for the street lights, if the ones in your area are not working, its not because they are not there, its probably because it has been vandalized or people close to your kind or thought has stolen the bulbs and please visit Oshodi for a proof, as for Adams, he is fashola's baby, what kind of school do expect in Benin, its the capital for crying out loud, you can't compare it to the schools in Ikeja!!!!!!!!!, i served in Owan East L.G.A Afuze, Edo state, the memories of the public schools there are horrific, even in my dreams. stop this arm chair posts of yours. "Fashola leads, others Follow"
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by Kanto: 4:41pm On May 25, 2011
@bk.babe97y

It is obvious that too many primitive, frustrated and cowardly loosers like yourself come to the internet to hide under fake cowardly labels to spew your garbage. If you are a real man, you can start by using your true identity. But know you cant, because like all hate infested low lifes who are gradually being consumed by the burden of their hate, you can only thrive as a coward with fake handles on the internet. It is not a surprise that in the statistics of your activities in nairaland, almost all of it is dedicated to tribalism because that is all your miserable life  about. The article here is about not overhyping the perfomance of Fashola, but your usual monkey self could not help but push your usual tribal nonsense within which your whole frustrated life circulates by the tomfoolery of calculating which ethnic group is relevant and which is not.

I wonder how you came to the conclusion of which tribe is relevant and which is not in a nation where governance is all about a self serving looting of the commonwealth. I wish you can show me how you or your tribe have  benefitted from any of the positions previously held or being held by any of your tribesmen. Except you are a total idiot which i suspect you are, you would know that not even the northerners who have ruled nigeria for almost 38 years out of 50 years of independence have benefitted anything from it. The North has the highest poverty rates in Africa, the highest incidence of diseases such as polio, cholera, VVF etc, the highest illiteracy rates in Africa, the highest number of beggars, micreants with over 10 million almajiri's etc etc this is the only thing they can show for all the years they have ruled nigeria, yet some idiots like you are still  talking of relevance because of distribution and rotation of useless poverty manufacturing government positions that are only conduits of  looting.  

It is silly idiots like you who are little better evolved than apes or monkeys that has kept nigeria the way it is, because you have brains but you cant think. No wonder you are a refugee in america probably washing plates or old peoples arses and you come to hide your cowardly ugly head on nairaland to vent the frustrations in your miserable life. If you benefitted from any of the poverty manufacturacting positions held by your kinsmen which you think makes you relevant you wouldnt be parasiting in another man's country in america where your black ugly face is not wanted.

But i am not surprised, because it is easy to tell that you are little better evolved than a monkey. From councillors, local government chairmen to the  presidency, governance in nigeria is all about looting and that is why basic things such as electricity, pipe borne water, hospitals, roads etc do not exist. That is also the reason why idiots like you fled your nation to become unwanted refugees in america because you wanted to escape the bad governance by your "relevant" misrulers. So you can keep all the poverty manufacturing  positions  in nigeria to yourself if that will make you feel better or relevant in your monkey skin. I and most other sensible people cant be bothered about such useless positions in a jungle like nigeria.

Finally what a person writes wether on the internet or anonymous tells a lot about the person. No decent well brought-up person will spend their time abusing others as sick idiots like you do on the internet. The junk that you and your fellow travellers write here is proof of one thing, and it is that you are a badly brought-up, indecent and unconscionable psychopath most probably from a dysfunctional home.  What i feel for people like you is pity because i cant really see how a sadistic and depressing mongrel  like you can go far in life.   I sincerely wish and pray that one day a white racist will blow off your brains or that of any of your relatives so that you can learn your lessons the hard way!
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by brusher: 4:43pm On May 25, 2011
when he repairs the road in okota then i will admire him, cos now i aint impressed, when it rains in okota we are all scared.my car cant even leave my street cos its nothin like a boat wen it rains. abeg fashola, u have seen wot ago palace way looks like fix the roads please its ur responsibility they voted massively for u.he should go and check the streets they are all messed up.the roads are narrrow and to make matters worse the local government does not care at all .ago palace way is a mess .okota used to be admired now i regret living there.until fashola repairs that road he aint getting my vote again thts if it counts.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by yarodin: 4:43pm On May 25, 2011
Well honestly I cannot fault Yoruba like Eko for bragging about his Governor.   I mean this is just the same as an Akata man bragging that he takes care of his kids, but we have to remember when doing bad is the norm then a good thing will always be appreciated and praised.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by Wallie(m): 4:44pm On May 25, 2011
Eko Ile:

Say what undecided

Very meaningless,

"Very meaningless" just because it went over your head? See post #191 for explanation.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by EkoIle1: 4:47pm On May 25, 2011
Wallie:

You don’t see my point? Governments in other countries, especially western countries, build infrastructures all the time and also commission different projects but people will only care if it personally affects them. For example, no matter how well Obama does in “everything” including world peace, he will only be measured on jobs created or maintained.

What I’m saying is that in a country like Nigeria, especially a mega city like Lagos, where everything works against progress, a guy doing what might seem to those in advanced countries as mundane deserves to be praised. Imagine what he could achieve if he had all the infrastructure he needs?

I see what you're saying, but the same folks in advanced countries really don't think what Fashola is doing in Lagos is mundane because the same people in advanced countries are recognizing him and giving him awards after awards. He featured in the Times Mag, Huffington post and the Economist of London within a month.

This has nothing to do with advanced countries, this is about us trashing and negating our critical human assets and great leaders because of tribalism, ignorance and lack of pride and belief in our own/ourselves.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by EkoIle1: 4:48pm On May 25, 2011
Wallie:

"Very meaningless" just because it went over your head? See post #191 for explanation.

No, I think what Fashola is doing and how the world is reacting to it went over your head, see my reply.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by EkoIle1: 4:52pm On May 25, 2011
Skii:

@Eko Ile

You are the Man, Fashola suppose employ you as PRO

If this was Street Fighter, you won "PERFECT"

Better still Messi haunting Ronaldo in his nightmares

Flawless victory, lol

Eko o ni baje o!

This is best and only way to shut them up and put them in there sad and sorry place. Let them go and contend with their pepper soup and village bore hole commissioning governors.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by EkoIle1: 4:55pm On May 25, 2011
Fashola Commissions 20 Bed Accidents And Emergency Center

Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by edicolove: 4:58pm On May 25, 2011
Eko Ile, I wonder the reason people don't want to acknowledge that the struggle of next generation will be mammoth face than theirs if they fail to promote good governace in Nigeria. May be we don't know that your children and my children are future. By defacing Fashola achievements with their corky tongue, they give reason to bad ones to be complacent. People don't know that project like Lekky-Ikoyi link cable bridge and its likes will give inspiration to coming civil engineers, architects and engineers. Well, mo wi te mi o.

what Eko Ile is doing is soooooooooooo childish and silly because many states can actually do similar stuff. if you drive around states like kwara, Enugu, Anambra, Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Niger, Kano and Even Ogun, you will produce enough pictures of projects like you are doing now. That is a very silly way of measuring a governors success. Didnt you see all the project pictures the Bayelsa gov was putting everyday on papers for almost 3 months? Ten times more than what you have posted. There is actually no gov that has not done a project or 2. Even the inept Uduaghan can actually go around and post pictures of projects like you are doing. The way to measure progress is to have indices in different departments and match what has been done with what is expected to be done. It also means you have to actually have a set agenda and try to show how that agenda has been met. Not by posting random pictures. Very funny and really silly. As much as people slight OBJ, do you know he can actually post 50 times more pictures than you are posting? Do you know a lot of good projects where commissioned in the 8 years he ruled. We judge him based on what was expected and the enormity of the need on the ground and that is why people critisize him. If we are to judge him by projects done and their pictures, he will be a hero. Only someone that needs to prove a political point will go around taking pictures of beds in one or 2 hospitals and using that as a yardstick to measure Lagos state progress. This is really hillarious and dumb.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by fadhill: 4:59pm On May 25, 2011
edicolove , where have you been. The Fashola project from Mile-2 to CMS is in progress for the light rail metro line, go to the root to confirm. I have done my confirmation because I'm concern as progressive Nigeria and Hope with what is ongoing. Come to Ikoyi bridge you will see the bridge fast progressing. Please a moment, Sorry, I went to check through my office window if I was seeing mirage. Alas! The project is on going while the engineers are still working. To educate you, the President GEJ did commission the rail system but not light rail-the conventional rail system. Can you hear me, just to borrow my daughter vocabulary. The CONVENTIONAL RAIL SYSTEM understand. Fact, after the commissioning the test run was slated to journey from Iddo-Lagos to Ilorin, when it got to Ibadan their was an alert that their was a problem between Ibadan to Ilorin so the test run was halted. This should be the last I supposed hear about the project. But 2 weeks a go, a cousin told me his friend boarded the train from Iddo-Lagos to Ibadan. Believe me brother this is no exaggeration, it took his friend 7hrs 40min to get to Ibadan. I mean! 7HRS 40MIN. Let us wake up in this country. Haba! Who is deceiving who. I follow all this projects because I really want to tell my kids that we have not failled but that it only took us time on strategies. Let be sincere with ourself by following loudable government projects ourself, then we will know how we are ruled. Thanks, investigate.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by Wallie(m): 5:02pm On May 25, 2011
Eko Ile:

No, I think what Fashola is doing and how the world is reacting to it went over your head, see my reply.

I see your reply. I’m not one to criticize especially if the person is doing a great job and Fashola is doing a great job! Mega cities by their very nature have inherent problems that other places don’t have. There is no other place in Nigeria that can be compared to Lagos due to the stress on infrastructure. Period.

Fashola seems to be on the right track to solve real critical challenges affecting the people of the state like; unemployment, education, healthcare, traffic congestion, pollution, housing to rid areas like Makoko, security, power, etc.

I think we should shower him with accolades to make him strive even harder!
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by Kanto: 5:03pm On May 25, 2011
From some of the comments and articles on nairaland, it  is obvious that nigerians cannot hold discussions objectively and in a civilized manner without throwing insults. This suggests that a lot of nigerians are very indecent, without any conscience and badly brought-up.With this kind of crowd, little wonder that most  Nigerian leaders are very wicked, indecent and sadistic characters who loots everything in sight and leaves the citizens in abject penury and deprivation.

Afterall leaders emerge from the people and since nairaland has shown how dark, wicked, hateful and sadistic the hearts of most nigerians are, i can now understand why Nigerian  leaders where wicked enough to deprive nigerians of the most basic infrastructure such as electricity, pipe borne water, roads, hospitals etc inspite of the abundant resources at their disposal.

Imagine what will happen if a vile, unconscionable, sadistic and  hateful psychopath like bk.babe97y and some other wicked witches and wizards on nairaland become nigeria's president? Such wicked vermin will no doubt complete the enslavement and deprivation of the people. God help us from such psychopaths!
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by EkoIle1: 5:06pm On May 25, 2011
edicolove:

what Eko Ile is doing is soooooooooooo childish and silly because many states can actually do similar stuff. if you drive around state like kwara, Enugu, Anambra, Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Niger, Kano and Even Ogun, you will produce enough pictures of projects like you are doing now. That is a very silly way of measuring a governors success. Dint you see all the project pictures the Bayelsa gov was putting everyday on papers for almost 3 months? Ten times more than what you have posted. There is actually no gov that has not done a project or 2. Even the inept Uduaghan can actually go around and post pictures of projects like you are doing. The way to measure progress is to have indices in different department and match what has been done with what is expected to be done. It also means you have to actually have a set agenda and try to show how that agenda has been met. Noit by posting ramdom pictures. Very funny and really silly. As much as people slight OBJ, do you know he can actually post 50 times more pictures than you are posting? Do you know a lot of good projects where commissioned in the 8 years he ruled. We judge him based on what was expected and the enormity of the need on the ground and that is why people critisize him. If we are to judge him by projects done and their pictures, he will be a hero.

Why not just go ahead and post the postures fro Kwara and the places you mentioned.

One thing many of you need to know about Nigerian governors, they love to brag about their work if they really are working for their people so they load their websites with whatever they want the public to see as great achievements.

Basically if there's nothing on there websites to show, it means they are doing nothing and have nothing to show,  furthermore, many on NL live in the places you mentioned and I'm sure if they have anything to counter what I'm doing, they wont hesitate to do it and shut me up, but they simply can not because they don;t have anything to shut me up with.

The joke is on you,
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by Skii(m): 5:07pm On May 25, 2011
Hey Eko Ile

Bonus Points:

He honoured Samuel Okparaji, erected a Monument in his memory

Oya give them "hadoken"
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by EkoIle1: 5:11pm On May 25, 2011
Wallie:

I see your reply. I’m not one to criticize especially if the person is doing a great job and Fashola is doing a great job! Mega cities by their very nature have inherent problems that other places don’t have. There is no other place in Nigeria that can be compared to Lagos due to the stress on infrastructure. Period.

Fashola seems to be on the right track to solve real critical challenges affecting the people of the state like; unemployment, education, healthcare, traffic congestion, pollution, housing to rid areas like Makoko, security, power, etc.

I think we should shower him with accolades to make him strive even harder!

Well said. Unfortunately, many see it the other way around and it doesn't matter what I post in this thread or what Fashola is doing, the silly and pointless antagonistic nonsense wont stop. We have a lot of ignorant people with zero self esteem on NL and the fact that their state's are not stepping up accordingly is not helping the situation so they end up lashing out at anything good or bad.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by EkoIle1: 5:16pm On May 25, 2011
Skii:

Hey Eko Ile

Bonus Points:

He honoured Samuel Okparaji, erected a Monument in his memory

Oya give them "hadoken"

We honor our heroes, even like the same Great Samuel Okwaraji' ibo people refused to honor.

The Lagos State,Governor Babatunde Raji Fashola, presented the sum of N1million to Mrs. Jane Okwaraji, the mother of the late Super Eagles star, Samuel Okwaraji, who died on 12 August, 1989, while playing for Nigeria in a World Cup qualifier against Angola in 1989 at the National Stadium, Lagos.

The presentation of the N1m bank daft was done this morning, at the late footballer's home in Umudoka Village, Orlu, Imo State, by a representative of the Lagos State government, Ibrahim Muraina, and Personal Assistant to the Commissioner for Sports, Lagos State.

Mrs. Okwaraji expressed gratitude to Governor Fashola for remembering her late son and the family he left behind. She prayed for good health of the governor and a peaceful tenure in the state.

Meanwhile, the Sports Commissioner has said that the state decided to honour the late Okwaraji in order to send the right signals to Nigerian youths that their efforts to bring honour to their fatherland will not be in vain.

The state government in conjunction with Sports Writers Association of Nigeria (SWAN), Lagos Chapter, will hold a lecture in memory of the late Okwaraji tomorrow, which will hold at the SWAN Secretariat inside the National Stadium, Surulere

Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by Afanna1: 5:16pm On May 25, 2011
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by EkoIle1: 5:18pm On May 25, 2011
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by Afanna1: 5:19pm On May 25, 2011
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by Afanna1: 5:21pm On May 25, 2011
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by Nobody: 5:23pm On May 25, 2011
I weep for this country, Sad people with a lost hope!!! cry cry
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by fadhill: 5:25pm On May 25, 2011
Afanna! Have you checked this website yourself, we suppose saw the samu things abi . Haba all projects on going.

Major Projests:

1. Tropicana Business and Leisure Complex  
2. Ibom International Airport
3. Ibom Power Plant

If I may ask, where is TINAPA today. Still power point. Sorry for you.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by Afanna1: 5:27pm On May 25, 2011
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by AjanleKoko: 5:28pm On May 25, 2011
In a way, this thread expresses the general sentiment in Nigeria.
Yorubas/Lagosians are quick to defend Fashola, while others feel the need to promote governors from their regions or states.

Unfortunately, in this particular contest, Fashola wins it. Not because he is Yoruba, but the overlying factor that most of the other governors that are touted here are PDP governors. Gbenga Daniel was touted as the greatest thing since sliced bread in his first term, when Tinubu was in his second. In his second term, the state ran aground, and it was acrimony all the way.

Whether we like it or not, Fashola has done a lot. He could do more, but I have to look at what he's achieved, and the situation of the state just a short 5 years ago, and I have to say he has achieved. He hasn't built houses for the poor, or even gone house to house sharing money to them, but he has done more than most governors. I live in Lagos, so I feel the direct impact of what he's achieved.

Take yesterday for instance. I went to Port Harcourt intending to spend a night after my meeting but changed my flights after experiencing the city for 8 hours. It was every bit as chaotic as I remember. Nothing new, no new roads, only half-completed projects represented by piles of sand everywhere, adding to the traffic gridlock that has become typical of PH since the 90s.

I landed back in Lagos late evening, and drove all the way from the airport, through Oshodi, to Ikorodu road, down Western Avenue from Fadeyi till CMS. It was lighted all the way, streets were clean, lots of pot holes were filled in, etc. So don't blame me if I say anybody who thinks Amaechi has done a lot needs his head examined undecided
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by fadhill: 5:29pm On May 25, 2011
Abi, I'm lost. Are we not on the same website. Yes now Akwa Ibom site. Some people are frustrated.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by EkoIle1: 5:32pm On May 25, 2011
Fashola is basically the person taking care of our Sports heroes,

Bazuaye - Fashola is My Saviour

Former national under 23 assistant coach, Willy Bazuaye, has spoken highly of Lagos State governor, Babatunde Fashola, who gave him a new lease on life, after being knocked down by stroke and bone fracture for many years.

Bazuaye, who was with the Atlanta'96 Olympics gold wining team, said this yesterday when he met the amiable governor at the Campos Square Stadium in Lagos, where he had gone to pay his homage to the man who his now footing his medical bills at Reddington Multi-specialist hospital in Victoria Island.

Fashola was at Campos Square stadium, which his government built for the recreational purposes of residents of Lagos Island, to play soccer with the All Stars Football Club, when Bazuaye seized the chance to thank him for saving him from the throes of death.

He had to wait for the soccer-savvy governor to finish his time on the pitch and catch some breath before meeting him to show his appreciation.

In his brief interaction with the Fashola, Bazuaye thanked him profusely for his large heart towards the sick and less-privileged and prayed that God would bless him in return.

"I thank you His Excellency for coming to my aid and giving me a new life when I had thought that all was lost. If not for you, I do not know where I would be and how I would be.

"May God continue to guide and bless you for your support", Bazuaye told the governor, who only nodded his head in suit.

And speaking afterwards to Sports Vanguard, the former coach of the now defunct New Nigeria Bank, recounted how he was left to suffer in his agonizing poor health by former Edo State governor, Lucky Igbinedion, only for Fashola to come from nowhere to bail him out when he was at the point of death.

"I just do not know how to show my appreciation for Governor Fashola for all he has done and is doing for me but to say thank you because I am not from Lagos State but here I am in Lagos, being taken care of by a Lagosian, while my people from Edo State, abandoned me to wallow in my poor health conditions.

"When I met Igbinedion, he simply played politics with me, leaving me to die in silence and the whole Bini people know of my sickness but nobody came to my rescue. I am so ashamed that this sort of a thing happened to me because I never planned to have stroke but it came just like that, paralyzing my left arm and leg.

"As if that was not enough, I later suffered a fracture, which compounded my situation and I cried for help, which was not forthcoming from my people in Edo State, until Governor Fashola sent people to bring me to Lagos and started giving me first class treatment at Reddington Hospital and my fracture has been healed.

"I am coming out of the stroke in a big way because now I can use one crutch to walk while a physiotherapist comes to my lodge, provided by the governor on a daily basis to massage me. I know that before the end of the month, I would be completely healed of the stroke because I am getting the best services from the hospital."

!
Today's Featured News
http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/news/general/5121-Bazuaye---Fashola-Saviour.rss
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by Afanna1: 5:36pm On May 25, 2011
other states

http://www.edostate.gov.ng/imagehttp://website.edostate.gov.ng/new-maria-goretti
http://edostate.gov.ng/public-private-partnership-ppp.
[b]

C/River, Interswitch partner on Calabar ‘smart’ city
On May 24, 2011 · In Business ,
By Amaka Abayomi

The variables on which the performances of a city or an urban centre are examined depend on not only the city’s endowment such as good roads, availability of water and good transport system, but on the availability of social welfare and infrastructure. Based on this, the Cross River State Government has collaborated with Interswitch to develop a statewide identity management and e-payment backbone, which positions Calabar as the first smart city in Nigeria.

The infrastructure is being deployed via Smartgov.CRSG Limited, a joint venture company between Interswitch and Cross River State Government, with a mandate to oversee the design, deployment, management and operations of a statewide identity management and e-payment backbone infrastructure for the state.

The project aims to make Cross River state the first Smart State in Nigeria, which will in turn make the state capital, Calabar, the first Smart City in Nigeria. Generally, a city is defined as ‘Smart’ when investments in human and social capital, traditional and modern communication infrastructure fuel sustainable economic development.

The project is expected to deliver to the citizens and residents of the state, the benefits of a Smart City, which are Smart Economy, Smart Mobility, Smart Living and Smart Government. The Smartgov project would enable the Cross River State Government provide its citizens and residents with adequate social welfare and infrastructure in order to improve the quality of life of the citizenry even at the lowest level.

Smartgov will enable the state government automated processes such as revenue collections, salary payments of civil servants and contractors thereby making government activities transparent. The project is expected to implement automated fare collection systems for public buses, electronic tolling and an integrated electronic parking system.

Biometric-based identity SmartCity cards would also be issued to citizens and residents under the Smartgov project and will contain cardholders’ information while providing cardholders with access to healthcare, pension, transportation, educational bursaries, social amenities and benefits.

Cross River State Government desires to improve accountability in governance, simplify access to social services, and create a robust social safety net for citizen of the state, which are the [/b] major drivers of the Smartgov project. During the project, signing ceremony with Interswitch at the Government House in Calabar, Governor Liyel Imoke, described the project as a reflection of a new way of doing business in the state.

He stated that, “the Cross River State Government will continue to partner with private sector to improve service delivery, and help make a difference in the lives of the citizen”. Governor Imoke added that the achievement of the project would be a success story for public-private partnership initiative”.

Smartgov will allow the state government leverage on its investments in technology, automate its ministries, department and agencies, identify all citizens and residents, track and monitor usage of social services, enhance internally generated revenue and automated is bursements and payments by government. The project will increase revenue, eliminate wastage, simplify governance, encourage transparency and increase access to government services.

Speaking on the initiative, Special Adviser to the Governor on information communication and technology (ICT), Mr. Odo Effiong explained that, the SmartGov initiative has the potential to increase manifold qualitative and quantitative access to various government socio-economic services and that the programme has been in gestation for over a year.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by Afanna1: 5:38pm On May 25, 2011
By JOHNBOSCO AGBAKWURU

CALABAR-The Cross River State Government has spent N38 billion on the construction of 506.62 kilometres of roads, Mr. Eko Atu, state Director General, Rural Development Agency, RUDA, has said.

Mr. Atu, who disclosed this during an interaction in Calabar,  said work on the various project sites, which are in all the 18 local government areas of the state was about 80 per cent completed and are according to specification.

He said that the remaining portions of the state-wide project will be completed “before the rains set in this year.”

According to the RUDA Director General, reasonable strides have been recorded by the Governor Liyel Imoke led administration in the water and sanitation sector.

He disclosed that the European Union, EU, has given the state a grant of five million Euro, adding that the EU’s water sanitation Collaborative Council Grant was meant to rehabilitate, repair and maintain water projects in Benue and Cross River States.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/05/c-river-spends-n38bn-on-roads/
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by fadhill: 5:41pm On May 25, 2011
Afanna, kindly give us the power-point demo and the ground braking of the project. Where is TINAPA with all hypes on CNN.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Bandits: We’ll Kill Train Passengers If FG Fails To Meet Our Demands / Sam Saba Kidnapped Along Kaduna-Abuja Road / APC Supporters Escape Death While Celebrating Buhari's Re-election. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.