Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,482 members, 7,819,757 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! (35730 Views)

See What Wole Soyinka Wrote About Fashola(pic) / The Truth About Fashola's Success / What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! Pt 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by EkoIle1: 3:14pm On May 25, 2011
DAY11.:

Eko Ile, make i help u with d one wey dey my area tongue

New Igbosere Courthouse: An improvement in administration of justice  

Thanks so much for the assist, I still dey come that area. Like I said, I get there time today and I never even scratch the surface yet,
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by EkoIle1: 3:20pm On May 25, 2011
Fashola Hands Over 12.45 MW IPP Powerplant For Iju And Adiyan Waterworks

Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by fadhill: 3:20pm On May 25, 2011
Thank you Eko Ile, infact I never believe it to be cable bridge that is the reason I referenced it. Indeed first in W/ Africa. See those guys, with crude Oil special fund (oil producing states) in billions nothing to show. Kindly go kill your governors. Thanks Eko Ile. I so much adore this cable bridge picture, in Nigeria. Wow! I am sure this Phanton of a guy does not know what cable bridge tech is. Thumb up to you my guy.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by EkoIle1: 3:23pm On May 25, 2011
Fashola Hands Over Largest Purpose Built Court House In Nigeria. Igbosere Magistrate Court

Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by phantom(m): 3:26pm On May 25, 2011
na wa o!these na real bushmen, i'm outta here, grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by EkoIle1: 3:29pm On May 25, 2011
phantom:

na wa o!these na real bushmen, i'm outta here, grin grin grin

When defeated, pic up a comedy routine,

I feel your pain, ndo
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by DAY12(m): 3:31pm On May 25, 2011
Freedom Park, Eko_Ile, have you been to dis park before, omo Fash don totori my belle!

His legacy will never be forgotten and he remains a hero to many lagosian cool

Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by Roland17(m): 3:34pm On May 25, 2011
God bless you Eko ile, if Fashola is not good, then tell me which Governor beta pass am, if only GEJ can stop talking for one day and act like Fashola, we would all forget how his election was rigged. ride on Fashola, you are worth it.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by brainpulse: 3:34pm On May 25, 2011
Presently BRF is constructing a flyover linking Jakande road to isheri, this is a massive project that as some one that has worked in a Quantity survey company i will tell you of the ground work that has been done. 45 pillars had been sunk into the marshy land in isheri, and when i did the costing myself, the heavily reinforce pillar per one should not cost less than N750,000- with labour authoritatively.
I don't know BRF from Adams but I know he is the only governor working like an intellectual person with a sense of vision and direction.
PLS WHAT WE NEED IS OUR CONSTRUCTIVE CONTRIBUTION AS INTELLECTUAL PANELIST IN THIS FORUM OF COMPETENT IDEALIST.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by fadhill: 3:35pm On May 25, 2011
Phantom, that bridge make me remember the Erasmus Bridge in Rotterdam, Netherlands. When I was passing this bridge I thought of my country especially South West. Lovely bridge indeed.It will be a perfect memory for me when completed. We are happy the bush boys admire great work that is coming to their bush area the first time. So what do you expect. So your turn to make your forest area the bush with lovely shrub as this. Wise up.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by EkoIle1: 3:36pm On May 25, 2011
DAY11.:

Freedom Park, Eko_Ile, have you been to dis park before, omo Fash don totori my belle!

He has lay a legacy that will never be forgotten cool

Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by houvest: 3:41pm On May 25, 2011
@ Ajanlekoko. I always respect your views but your carpeting of Amaechi based on the fact that you just came from ph is uncharacteristic and to say the least unscientific. As an analyst do you base your assessment of performance on what you see on a visit to a city and pictures or do you pick up certain development indices and do assessment on them? Dont you realise that a visitor to lagos can carpet fashola because he may not see many of his landmark activities on a visit or he may land at areas in lagos that look worse than the bbc documentary scenes? I wish you can use your respected analytical skills and rate the governors scientifically for nl's consumption of course based on transparent and unbiased authoritative research not based on what you just posted.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by DAY12(m): 3:44pm On May 25, 2011
[size=20pt]FREEDOM PARK!!!![/size]

OH THANK YOU B.R.F

YOU HAVE SAVED US FROM THE HANDS OF BAD LEADERSHIP!!

Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by Bawss1(m): 3:48pm On May 25, 2011
houvest:

@ Ajanlekoko. I always respect your views but your carpeting of Amaechi based on the fact that you just came from ph is uncharacteristic and to say the least unscientific. As an analyst do you base your assessment of performance on what you see on a visit to a city and pictures or do you pick up certain development indices and do assessment on them? Dont you realise that a visitor to lagos can carpet fashola because he may not see many of his landmark activities on a visit or he may land at areas in lagos that look worse than the bbc documentary scenes? I wish you can use your respected analytical skills and r[b]ate the governors scientifically for nl's consumption[/b] of course based on transparent and unbiased authoritative research not based on what you just posted.

Dude just killed me there with his post. smiley Kai, see presentation. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Lets see how oga Ajanlekoko will respond. smiley
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by fadhill: 3:50pm On May 25, 2011
May be some people don't know. The reason Fashola was like crying to get re-elected was vision driven. The reason someone cry I have no shoes, I have no bag, I have no school uniform, I have no book is just to belong. No vision, only ultimatum. See, 4 years will soon be over and we shall all judge in contest of prosperity. No nation has ever attain greatness with good luck, may be we think Future is a Gift. It is an Achievement if we don't know. Thanks once again Eko Ile.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by kobikwelu(m): 4:01pm On May 25, 2011
since people are passionate about the guy, let it be,

to me , it seems he's the best performing governor,

but , his propaganda machine is the ish,
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by Roland17(m): 4:03pm On May 25, 2011
May God grant all Fashola haters a Combination of Alao Akala, Jonah Jang, Ikedi Ohakim, Isa Yuguda and not forgetting Alams as governor for their states, "Haters keep Hating, because that's what you do best".
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by fadhill: 4:04pm On May 25, 2011
Amin, Amen, Amin Ase ooooooo.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by EkoIle1: 4:07pm On May 25, 2011
DAY11.:

[size=20pt]FREEDOM PARK!!!![/size]

OH THANK YOU B.R.F

YOU HAVE SAVED US FROM THE HANDS OF BAD LEADERSHIP!!

I have tons of Freedom Park pictures, I'll post them before the end of the day,

Freedom park is not only a park, it's new addition to our Art and cultural scene. The place opened jus a few months ago and they've already hosted tons of concerts there and it's the new favorite hang out for the locals and the diplomatic corps from VI.

It's really a biter sweet destination for Lagosians and Yoruba people considering the fact that may of our heroes and leaders were jailed their. Our former Governor and one of the greatest governors in the history of our country  Lateef Jakande Awolowo was jailed there, Pa Awolowo was jailed there, he was also the last prisoner to call the place home before it was shut down.

I'm very glad BRF turned the pace into a modern and urban park at the same time preserving our history.

This is what you get when you are blessed with sophisticated and visionary leaders.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by DAY12(m): 4:09pm On May 25, 2011
[size=20pt]B-U-S-T-E-D [/size]

he's planning another safari -- how's that for a complaint? ,  Since d trout of Fash's Haters are cold-blooded, the temperature effects their metabolism!!!

See what I've been saying; is too much! yesterday he was a lawyer, today is a road rehabilitation contractor & 2morow d guy want turn to scientist   grin grin grin

Eko oni baje mehn! sad

Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by edicolove: 4:12pm On May 25, 2011
Now, Amechi is a very good governor but not as good as Fashola. Why, apart from what I stated above, which project in Nigeria is as big as Eko Atantic or the KFZ* projects or the rail way (I know Amechi is doing something similar)  . . .I can go on and on and on.

You have to give it to the guy. He is a focused man.

I didnt want to comment b4 until i read the above post. very laughable. These projects you mentioned are all power point projects. non of them  is on the ground. the railway is not a lagos project. it is a federal government project. that was why Jonathan was in lagos to flag it off in january with a ride to Ogun state. Fashola only plans to buy coaches. he was in canada last week to inspect some wooden old school coaches. I live in Lagos and to access Fashola genuinely, the only serious projects i can really commend him for is the BRT and the Lagos beuatification. Water in Lagos is still very very poor. The schools whose pictures Ile Eko posted are just one ir two selected schools and I think that is just politics. most lagos schools are still a mess. LASU is a complete mess. The doctors in Lagos spent almost 1 year on strike. I think, like some posters said, Fashola only gets commendation because many governors in the past really messed up, not because he is really doing so well. He is just the proverbial one eyed man in the country of the blind. Alimosho is still forgotten and the roads are all getting bad again. The street lights were only scam projects used to siphon money as they are mostly bad agaion except for a feww roads. The one leading from agege to berger are all fake lights. The other agencies that are doing well are Lamata and the guys carrying waste. I think Fashola's strategy was to focus on projects that are easily seen and make it look like you are doing great. and i think it worked. Amaechi is far better than Fashola but the media beam is on Lagos. The projects you find in Rivers and Akwa Ibom are far more visionary than the ones in Lagos. In the long term, it will show. Now the whole entertainment industry is gradually shifting attention to the SS because of structures that have been put in place and in the future, attention will turn to these states. Time will exposed a lot of things. I think Adams Oshomole of Edo is far more visionary than Fashola. Edo schools are currently far ahead of Lagos schools. I was very impressed when I was in benin recently. It is revolutionary, believe me.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by Wallie(m): 4:13pm On May 25, 2011
Like other people are saying, if you measure Fashola’s success by how much he has done, it would not seem that impressive. But if you measure his success based on the state of the infrastructure on ground when he started with respect to his accomplishments, he deserves every single accolade!

Here are some examples to put the discussion into proper context.

1. Obama’s kid gets admitted to Harvard and ends up being a world renowned scholar? I would say, good for her because she could have pissed away her opportunity!
2. A kid from the Niger Delta region wins a scholarship to Harvard and ends up being a world renowned scholar? I would say, wow, what are the odds of that happening! Maybe a movie should be made to chronicle the odds he overcame!

Here’s another: Bill Gates’ kid ends up being a billionaire won’t be that impressive, at least to me but a Niger Delta kid ends up making billions of dollars, legally?

See the difference?
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by Skii(m): 4:17pm On May 25, 2011
@Eko Ile

You are the Man, Fashola suppose employ you as PRO

If this was Street Fighter, you won "PERFECT"

Better still Messi haunting Ronaldo in his nightmares

Flawless victory, lol

Eko o ni baje o!
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by DAY12(m): 4:20pm On May 25, 2011
Wallie:

Like other people are saying, if you measure Fashola’s success by how much he has done, it would not seem that impressive. But if you measure his success based on the state of the infrastructure on ground when he started with respect to his accomplishments, he deserves every single accolade!

1. Obama’s kid gets admitted to Harvard and ends up being a world renowned scholar? I would say, good for her because she could have pissed away her opportunity!
2. A kid from the Niger Delta region wins a scholarship to Harvard and ends up being a world renowned scholar? I would say, wow, what are the odds of that happening! Maybe a movie should be made to chronicle the odds he overcame!

Here’s another: Bill Gates’ kid ends up being a billionaire won’t be that impressive, at least to me but a Niger Delta kid ends up making billions of dollars, legally?

See the difference?

undecided
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by jaso1(m): 4:20pm On May 25, 2011
able and sure governor babatunde omo fashola o baje ti, eko o ni baje.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by fadhill: 4:20pm On May 25, 2011
Eko Ile, I wonder the reason people don't want to acknowledge that the struggle of next generation will be mammoth face than theirs if they fail to promote good governace in Nigeria. May be we don't know that your children and my children are future. By defacing Fashola achievements with their corky tongue, they give reason to bad ones to be complacent. People don't know that project like Lekky-Ikoyi link cable bridge and its likes will give inspiration to coming civil engineers, architects and engineers. Well, mo wi te mi o.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by EkoIle1: 4:27pm On May 25, 2011
edicolove:

I didnt want to comment b4 until i read the above post. very laughable. These projects you mentioned are all power point projects. non of them  is on the ground. the railway is not a lagos project. it is a federal government project. that was why Jonathan was in lagos to flag it off in january with a ride to Ogun state. Fashola only plans to buy coaches. he was in canada last week to[b] inspect some wooden old school coaches.[/b] I live in Lagos and to access Fashola genuinely, the only serious projects i can really commend him for is the BRT and the Lagos beuatification. Water in Lagos is still very very poor. The schools whose pictures Ile Eko posted are just one ir two selected schools and I think that is just politics. most lagos schools are still a mess. LASU is a complete mess. The doctors in Lagos spent almost 1 year on strike. I think, like some posters said, Fashola only gets commendation because many governors in the past really messed up, not because he is really doing so well. He is just the proverbial one eyed man in the country of the blind. Alimosho is still forgotten and the roads are all getting bad again. The street lights were only scam projects used to siphon money as they are mostly bad agaion except for a feww roads. The one leading from agege to berger are all fake lights. The other agencies that are doing well are Lamata and the guys carrying waste. I think Fashola's strategy was to focus on projects that are easily seen and make it look like you are doing great. and i think it worked. Amaechi is far better than Fashola but the media beam is on Lagos. The projects you find in Rivers and Akwa Ibom are far more visionary than the ones in Lagos. In the long term, it will show. Now the whole entertainment industry is gradually shifting attention to the SS because of structures that have been put in place and in the future, attention will turn to these states. Time will exposed a lot of things. I think Adams Oshomole of Edo is far more visionary than Fashola. Edo schools are currently far ahead of Lagos schools. I was very impressed when I was in benin recently. It is revolutionary, believe me.

All the highlighted clearly exposed your bad bele,

What ever GEJ rode to where ever was a prop up campaign media 4 hour rickety show, the system is worthless and obsolete.

The rail trains Fashola inspected are heavy industrial aluminum trains that still in use in many advanced countries. I know you really don't live in Lagos state, but in case you do, make sure not to ride the wooden coaches, keep your a/s/s on okada.

We gave you people so many opportunities to show us what the Amechi you people keep puling out of your hats is doing, so far, it's nothing but cheap talk, You don't even have to show pictures because I know you don't have any, just name them.

And no, I don't believe you, bed bele is dripping all over your body and for that I recommend Badbelemycing.

Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by EkoIle1: 4:30pm On May 25, 2011
fadhill:

Eko Ile, I wonder the reason people don't want to acknowledge that the struggle of next generation will be mammoth face than theirs if they fail to promote good governace in Nigeria. May be we don't know that your children and my children are future. By defacing Fashola achievements with their corky tongue, they give reason to bad ones to be complacent. People don't know that project like Lekky-Ikoyi link cable bridge and its likes will give inspiration to coming civil engineers, architects and engineers. Well, mo wi te mi o.

It's tribalism.

You know they'll do anything to negate Fashola, unfortunately for them, they don't have anything to counter with, when we ask them to show us something, they end up posting pictures of roundabout and bore holes in some village,

It's really shameful and I feel sorry for them,
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by EkoIle1: 4:36pm On May 25, 2011
Wallie:

See the difference?

Say what undecided

Very meaningless,
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by EkoIle1: 4:38pm On May 25, 2011
Fashola Commissions 103 New Classrooms.

Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by bkbabe97y(m): 4:38pm On May 25, 2011
JUSTCASH:

Lol! You this Akata G'ay eediot, what is your issue with Nigerians? You sniff coke, Poke latino minors and come here to pour out your frustration?
Today, you'll insult Nigerians, tomorrow, you'll claim Yorooba. You are a F'oolish, red head, akata wondering d'ick juice seeking piece of rag from a land of brainless eediots. Go watch mac and me, you'll see where your alien parents are from.
Stay off Nigerian issues, you have no business init. No let me face you, because you'll end up shitting in your pant as usual. G'ay Fo'ol without bounds.

I love the way your punk aszz, in typical Ibo fashion, always waits till I log off before u respond freaking spawn of ritualists.

On the other hand; WHY ARE YOUR "JOKES" ALWAYS FILLED WITH GAY REFERENCES?! ARE YOU TRYING TO TELL US SOMETHING? undecided

Its the 21st century bro, I doubt anyone wants to stone you to death if u come out openly.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by Wallie(m): 4:39pm On May 25, 2011
DAY11.:

undecided

You don’t see my point? Governments in other countries, especially western countries, build infrastructures all the time and also commission different projects but people will only care if it personally affects them. For example, no matter how well Obama does in “everything” including world peace, he will only be measured on jobs created or maintained.

What I’m saying is that in a country like Nigeria, especially a mega city like Lagos, where everything works against progress, a guy doing what might seem to those in advanced countries as mundane deserves to be praised. Imagine what he could achieve if he had all the infrastructure he needs?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

SSS Fights Back, Accuses Buhari’s ADC Of Ignorance, Overzealousness-PremiumTimes / Abia State Pioneers Cement Based Roads. Daily Times. / Quit Order: Igbo Living In North Relocate Wives, Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.