Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! (35715 Views)

See What Wole Soyinka Wrote About Fashola(pic) / The Truth About Fashola's Success / What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! Pt 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by fadhill: 6:38pm On May 25, 2011
If Fashola is the cause of your "Cerebro Envy-Spherectomy" condition. Kindly kill your PDP governors for allowing this.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by Afanna1: 6:51pm On May 25, 2011
Akwa Ibom State - 30 second spot

http://vimeo.com/21963243
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by EkoIle1: 6:58pm On May 25, 2011

Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by Afanna1: 6:58pm On May 25, 2011
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by Afanna1: 7:02pm On May 25, 2011
cool

Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by bkbabe97y(m): 7:04pm On May 25, 2011
Seems like only the Ibos, despite their boasts, cant point to one achievement made by their leaders. Even the Hausas they regularly condemn as illiterate seem to be zooming past them!
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by Afanna1: 7:06pm On May 25, 2011
About The Project
The Rivers Monorail will be using the Intamin P30 Monorail Train, an electric driven train especially designed and most suitable for commuter services in cities.

It is the most recent model of its kind and characterized by modern design, spacious cabins and is equipped with large size door openings for easy access for passengers with luggage.

The visual impact of the train, the track beam (which it rides on) and the supporting columns will be minimal and an appropriate color will be chosen to help integrate the system into the environment.

The Rivers Monorail Beam System
The Monorail Beam is elevated, supported by columns which in turn are supported by a foundation. The foundation will be properly sized to take all loads applied from the column to the foundation.

The foundation and the beam structure shall be designed to a minimum life time of 50 years. The foundation shall be designed and built to withstand the local climate conditions at Port Harcourt including flood, thunderstorm, heavy rain, etc.

Proposed Stations
Several trains will be in operation on the network between Aggrey Rd. and the loop North/East of the Garrison station.

- UPTH Junction (Aggrey Road)
- Sharks Stadium Park
- Supabod
- Isaac Boro Park
- Garrison Junction
- Nkpogu/ Elekahia Junction (Trans Amadi)
- Mother-Cat Junction (Rainbow)
- Ordinance Junction (NEWS)
- Elekahia Estate (Dust bin)
- Air force Base Junction (Aba Road)
- Rumuola Junction
- GRA Junction
- Water Lines Junction
- 1st or 2nd Artillery Junction
- Rumukwurushi Junction
- Oil Mill Junction
- Eleme Junction
- Oyigbo

Proposed Major Terminals
- Sharks Stadium Park (Station Road)
- Liberation Stadium (Elekahia)
- Garden Park (Air force Base Junction)

System Statistics
- Maximum achievable transport capacity 1,300 pph/direction
- Average interval of train is approximately 12/24 mins
- Maximum Speed 70km/hr
- Track Length 19.1 km
- Total passengers per train (standard Capacity) 158
- Total passengers per train (peak capacity) 210
- Operating Brakes are electrical regenerative brakes
- Holding breaks are mechanical brakes
- Emergency brake are mechanical brakes (fail safe design)
- Overall Route Track Length – 19.1Km
- Overall No. of Columns – 1473
- Stations – 14
- Train Sets – 5
- Coaches per Train – 6
- Passengers per Train – 210
- Passengers per hr per direction – 1300

Disclaimer: Plans outlined are projections and are subject to ongoing adjustment to achieve the best and safest quality to serve the city of Port Harcourt.
Copyright © 2010-2011 Rivers Monorail
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by EkoIle1: 7:07pm On May 25, 2011
bk.babe97y:

Seems like only the Ibos, despite their boasts, cant point to one achievement made by their leaders. Even the Hausas they regularly condemn as illiterate seem to be zooming past them!

It's very hard to accomplish anything after spending all your time doing bad bele and pointing fingers,
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by bkbabe97y(m): 7:09pm On May 25, 2011
#Kanto:

@bk.babe97y

It is obvious that too many primitive, frustrated and cowardly loosers like yourself come to the internet to hide under fake cowardly labels to spew your garbage. If you are a real man, you can start by using your true identity. But know you cant, because like all hate infested low lifes who are gradually being consumed by the burden of their hate, you can only thrive as a coward with fake handles on the internet. It is not a surprise that in the statistics of your activities in nairaland, almost all of it is dedicated to tribalism because that is all your miserable life  about. The article here is about not overhyping the perfomance of Fashola, but your usual monkey self could not help but push your usual tribal nonsense within which your whole frustrated life circulates by the tomfoolery of calculating which ethnic group is relevant and which is not.

I wonder how you came to the conclusion of which tribe is relevant and which is not in a nation where governance is all about a self serving looting of the commonwealth. I wish you can show me how you or your tribe have  benefitted from any of the positions previously held or being held by any of your tribesmen. Except you are a total  which i suspect you are, you would know that not even the northerners who have ruled nigeria for almost 38 years out of 50 years of independence have benefitted anything from it. The North has the highest poverty rates in Africa, the highest incidence of diseases such as polio, cholera, VVF etc, the highest illiteracy rates in Africa, the highest number of beggars, micreants with over 10 million almajiri's etc etc this is the only thing they can show for all the years they have ruled nigeria, yet some idiots like you are still  talking of relevance because of distribution and rotation of useless poverty manufacturing government positions that are only conduits of  looting.  

It is silly idiots like you who are little better evolved than apes or monkeys that has kept nigeria the way it is, because you have brains but you cant think. No wonder you are a refugee in america probably washing plates or old peoples arses and you come to hide your cowardly ugly head on nairaland to vent the frustrations in your miserable life. If you benefitted from any of the poverty manufacturacting positions held by your kinsmen which you think makes you relevant you wouldnt be parasiting in another man's country in america where your black ugly face is not wanted.

But i am not surprised, because it is easy to tell that you are little better evolved than a monkey. From councillors, local government chairmen to the  presidency, governance in nigeria is all about looting and that is why basic things such as electricity, pipe borne water, hospitals, roads etc do not exist. That is also the reason why idiots like you fled your nation to become unwanted refugees in america because you wanted to escape the bad governance by your "relevant" misrulers. So you can keep all the poverty manufacturing  positions  in nigeria to yourself if that will make you feel better or relevant in your monkey skin. I and most other sensible people cant be bothered about such useless positions in a jungle like nigeria.

Finally what a person writes wether on the internet or anonymous tells a lot about the person. No decent well brought-up person will spend their time abusing others as sick idiots like you do on the internet. The junk that you and your fellow travellers write here is proof of one thing, and it is that you are a badly brought-up, indecent and unconscionable psychopath most probably from a dysfunctional home.  What i feel for people like you is pity because i cant really see how a sadistic and depressing mongrel  like you can go far in life.   I sincerely wish and pray that one day a white racist will blow off your brains or that of any of your relatives so that you can learn your lessons the hard way!

You wrote all of this just for me? Awwww. . . . .

Couldnt read past the first line. Mumbled, jumbled, buncha crap!

You seem real bitter about your life. . . .

***psst, I heard your kinsmen be selling fake drugs. Buy a pack, 4 pills should do the trick. And, I promise, the outcome should be swift and quick (although a little painful, I would assume). Your likes, with your negative hating attitude, dont deserve to still live among men. Kill urself or kill your thieving, unambitious, un-innovative Ibo leaders!
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by fadhill: 7:09pm On May 25, 2011
Afanna, I can design that train and do better to animate it with "Maya 3" for your governor. Yes, you will love it. That is all they do, coreldraw c3. Give us the ground braking pictures of that rail project. I wait ,
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by bkbabe97y(m): 7:13pm On May 25, 2011
Eko Ile:

It's very hard to accomplish anything after spending all your time doing bad bele and pointing fingers,

I just squirm at the level of hate, jealousy and envy. Topic: "Lagos is doing good", and the Ibo man flares up with comparisons and denigrations. Like, who does that for real?! Put up or shut up. You hate Yorubas and Lagos so much, yet you swarm the place like maggots on 3 day old dog shiyyt. Never seen such a people without even an iota of shame. Who goes to another man's land and boasts about making up a majority of its inhabitants? What happened to ur own homeland? Buncha dubious fuxcks thats all these Ibo leeches are!
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by Afanna1: 7:22pm On May 25, 2011
Persianas, Enugu govt in N5.2b Polo Park project
http://thepoloparkmall.com/index.php

Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by EkoIle1: 7:26pm On May 25, 2011
@ Afana, I admire your guts for stepping up and I wont knock your efforts and your posts. Keep up the good work.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by Afanna1: 7:37pm On May 25, 2011
Eko Ile:

@ Afana, I admire your guts for stepping up and I wont knock your efforts and your posts. Keep up the good work.

cool

Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by Katsumoto: 7:44pm On May 25, 2011
Eko Ile:

Nice one Babapupa; i like the pictures. wink
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by jmaine: 7:48pm On May 25, 2011
Wallie:

The Government of Cross River seems to be pulling their weight but it in no way detracts from what Fashola is doing. I think it is a good thing that we are seeing a new breed of governors that are more interested in serving their people rather than lining their pockets.

With respect to people saying that Lagos has it easy because of revenue generation. Well, the corollary is also true that all “that” money makes stealing on a grand scale very tempting!

Good post  . . . And let's look at the constraint of the Cross River State Government

According to Imoke, Cross River previously received a monthly average of N2.2 billion from the Federation Account. By its de-listing, the allocation fell to slightly above N1 billion a month.

Indeed, last March the state received N1.5 billion and this dropped to N1.05 billion in May. Yet, the state's wage bill stands at about N1.1 billion, as the governor told newsmen in an interactive session at Government House in Calabar on Friday.

http://www.valuefronteira.com/vf/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=628:cross-river-loses-n115bn-derivation-fund-monthly&catid=122:cross-river&Itemid=177

This is a predominant civil servant state with an annual IGR just above 8 billion and also the 2011 budget was 88 billion. . .and yet is still able to do those wonderful things . . . Fashola is doing his best and it's there for everyone to see but this incessant trumpet blowing of " My papa buy Jeep, where your papa own" [/b]is indeed very funny . . . we have performing governors and Fashola happens to be among the top cadre  . . .

I respect you posts because it is devoid of name calling and insults. when people cant argue rightly, they resort to insults. So lets look ate the indices you have put out,

unemployment = 45% in my book
education = 30%
healthcare 55%
traffic congestion = 90%
pollution = 60% - the beautification project has helped this a lot
housing = 25% he hasnt done much here
[b]security = 40% This is getting really bad as there has been a sharp rise in raiding of estates by robbers

Power = cant rate him here. still in the pipeline
Roads = 50% - Would have giving him a really good score here if I were judging by VI roads. But the mainland is still very bad
Infrastructure = 60% but i think he has done more repairs here than building of innovative and creative stuff
Good leadership = 90%. this is where I score him the most. He has been able to carry everyone along and is a good builder of bridges just like GEJ.

Thanks for your unbiased post Edicolove . . . Fair reflection . . . But i think Bros Fash is still a work in progress and we are believing in four years time . .Those indices will be greatly improved upon and enhanced for good provided he is not distracted again
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by Kanto: 8:10pm On May 25, 2011
@bk.babe97y

i appreciate that you have a disease that is hard to cure, which is ignorance, sadism and cowardice. Who knows. maybe your credit card scam deal did not go through this week and you want others to smell your dirty arse with you.That is probably why you cleverly avoided responding to any of the issues i pinpointed about your monkey types whose life revolves only around playing urchins with fake handlesa on the internet. You could have started your response by bringing out your true identity, but you cant because you are just another frustrated cowardly monkey. Ironically you live and love-vendor your unwanted black  arse and your frustrated life in another man's country america yet you leech around nairaland beeching about those who live in lagos.

In all your empty boast and noise you conveniently forget that Lagos was once a federal capital developed by money from other parts of nigeria at the expense of those parts the same way Abuja is presently being being developed by the federal government. How i wish Fashola built Lagos from the scratch? Maybe then your empty noises can be justified. But sorry Fashola inherited an already developed former federal capital and all he is doing is a facelift.

Very soon the northerners will start claiming Abuja when we all know that Abuja's spectacular development from a forest to a city is courtesy of federal resources.

Those who benefit at the expense of others should be grateful. Thankgod for fashola but can any of you please show any of the other rural yoruba states developing on their own like other nigerian states that has anything to show?  All other yoruba states are virtually rural states where people still poo on plastic bowls and clean their arse with their bare hands. Not one single domestic airport in any of these other rural states is viable enough to be  even functional  yet you parasites come here to make noise.

With the exception of lagos, practically all other yoruba parasite states survive entirely on crude oil allocations. There are 9 oil producing states in nigeria, 7 in the south south, 2 in the southeast and one in Ondo. In ondo state the crude oil is produced entirely from Ijaw areas meaning that not a single drop of oil comes from yoruba land.

So the yorubas produce not a drop of oil but their rural parasitic states  survive entirely on oil resources from others yet you ungrateful goons come here to make noise.

Take away the oil resources and 90% of your states will collapse overnight.  I wonder why you havent on your own turned your other rural states to a mega-cities since you are such big mega-city builders?   Please show me any other yoruba state apart from federally developed lagos that has anything to show. Yeye noisemakers!

Yorubas  have been part of the axis of exploitation, injustice  and misrule that destroyed the nation. Obasanjo's regime broke all records in the looting of over $ 300 billion dollars in just 8 years. Inspite of the oil boom there is nothing to show for obasanjo's vastly corrupt regime. Obasanjo and his gang of thieves scammed 16billion dollars on NEPA to purchase more darkness. The top crooks in his regime from tafa balogun, to bode george, to patricia etteh, kenny martins of the PEF scam, Borishade, Funsho kupolokun, Iyabo 419 obasanjo, fani kayode and so many other were all yorubas.

The list of who is who of nigerian federal looting and her ultimate destruction to the extent that practically nothing works in the nation is dominated by hausas and yorubas.

Yorubas have played a great role in the massive federal  looting and destruction of nigeria for which over a hundred million people are suffering all forms of deprivation. so you guys should better shut your traps and go to sleep before you open a can of worms that will consume all of you.

I hardly comment on nairaland because i recognise that most of you are sick and cowardly loosers who use fake handles to indulge in sadism, but i will make an exception today and deal you parastic and ungrateful leeches a death blow on this one occasion.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by ziccoit: 8:27pm On May 25, 2011
I know most of Fashola's haters are residing outside Lagos. A handful of them also have their heads being used to play tennis game by their PDP governors in their states of residence or origin. Lagos has been on hand of AD>>AC>>ACN guys for a time now. You would not understand how lucky the state is until you try to have a taste of what PDP looks like.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by Katsumoto: 8:37pm On May 25, 2011
Kanto:

@bk.babe97y

i appreciate that you have a disease that is hard to cure, which is ignorance, sadism and cowardice. Who knows. maybe your credit card scam deal did not go through this week and you want others to smell your dirty arse with you.That is probably why you cleverly avoided responding to any of the issues i pinpointed about your monkey types whose life revolves only around playing urchins with fake handlesa on the internet. You could have started your response by bringing out your true identity, but you cant because you are just another frustrated cowardly monkey. Ironically you live and love-vendor your unwanted black  arse and your frustrated life in another man's country america yet you leech around nairaland beeching about those who live in lagos.

In all your empty boast and noise you conveniently forget that Lagos was once a federal capital developed by money from other parts of nigeria at the expense of those parts the same way Abuja is presently being being developed by the federal government. How i wish Fashola built Lagos from the scratch? Maybe then your empty noises can be justified. But sorry Fashola inherited an already developed former federal capital and all he is doing is a facelift.

Very soon the northerners will start claiming Abuja when we all know that Abuja's spectacular development from a forest to a city is courtesy of federal resources.

Those who benefit at the expense of others should be grateful. Thankgod for fashola but can any of you please show any of the other rural yoruba states developing on their own like other nigerian states that has anything to show?  All other yoruba states are virtually rural states where people still poo on plastic bowls and clean their arse with their bare hands. Not one single domestic airport in any of these other rural states is viable enough to be  even functional  yet you parasites come here to make noise.

With the exception of lagos, practically all other yoruba parasite states survive entirely on crude oil allocations. There are 9 oil producing states in nigeria, 7 in the south south, 2 in the southeast and one in Ondo. In ondo state the crude oil is produced entirely from Ijaw areas meaning that not a single drop of oil comes from yoruba land.

So the yorubas produce not a drop of oil but their rural parasitic states  survive entirely on oil resources from others yet you ungrateful goons come here to make noise.

Take away the oil resources and 90% of your states will collapse overnight.  I wonder why you havent on your own turned your other rural states to a mega-cities since you are such big mega-city builders?   Please show me any other yoruba state apart from federally developed lagos that has anything to show. Yeye noisemakers!

Yorubas  have been part of the axis of exploitation, injustice  and misrule that destroyed the nation. Obasanjo's regime broke all records in the looting of over $ 300 billion dollars in just 8 years. Inspite of the oil boom there is nothing to show for obasanjo's vastly corrupt regime. Obasanjo and his gang of thieves scammed 16billion dollars on NEPA to purchase more darkness. The top crooks in his regime from tafa balogun, to bode george, to patricia etteh, kenny martins of the PEF scam, Borishade, Funsho kupolokun, Iyabo 419 obasanjo, fani kayode and so many other were all yorubas.

The list of who is who of nigerian federal looting and her ultimate destruction to the extent that practically nothing works in the nation is dominated by hausas and yorubas.

Yorubas have played a great role in the massive federal  looting and destruction of nigeria for which over a hundred million people are suffering all forms of deprivation. so you guys should better shut your traps and go to sleep before you open a can of worms that will consume all of you.

I hardly comment on nairaland because i recognise that most of you are sick and cowardly loosers who use fake handles to indulge in sadism, but i will make an exception today and deal you parastic and ungrateful leeches a death blow on this one occasion.

Before Lagos State was created by decree 14 of 1967, Lagos Island was capital of Nigeria. Other parts of Lagos state such as Shomolu, Ikeja, Epe, Ikorodu, Lagos Mainland, Ojo, Ilupeju, Agege, Alimosho, Badagry, etc were part of the Western Region.

Can you tell us the federal infrastructures in V.I, Ikoyi, Ikeja, Alimosho, Ilupeju, Shomolu, Surulere, Ikorodu, Ibeju-Lekki, etc? Gowon building National theatre and National stadium at Orile-Iganmu and Surulere respectively does not mean that the federal government develop Surulere or Orile-Iganmu. The last president to put up major infrastructure in Lagos was Gowon. The FG stopped MAINTAINING Lagos Island as soon as Abuja was identified. The developments in the parts of Lagos state minus Lagos Island were put up firstly by the governments of the Western region and lagos state subsequently.

Before Oil became the main source of revenue, palm oil, groundnuts, rubber, and Cocoa were the main sources of revenue. Do you know that Cocoa which was sourced predominantly in the Western part of Nigeria received the most revenues. Revenue derived from Cocoa was used on Lagos as well as other parts of the country as well as paying the salary of Federal workers who came from all parts of Nigeria.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by bkbabe97y(m): 8:41pm On May 25, 2011
Kanto:

@bk.babe97y

ROFLMAO!!!!

If you think I'm gonna waste 5 minutes of my life reading drivel authored by a (clearly) crazed Ibo man, then u gotta be off your rockers!

Kudos to you tho, this time I actually read 3 sentences. Still boring. . . . .
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by AndreUweh(m): 9:10pm On May 25, 2011
Babapupa--Well done.
Longest time, wetin happen.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by edicolove: 9:28pm On May 25, 2011
I recall I did say Eko Ile was doing a silly thing while some of you guys were commending him for wasting his time. I knew it would come to this. Every state can actually produce pictures. That is not how to measure real performance. you have to measure it against goals, targets and expectations. Not just showcasing pictures. All the pictures Eko Ile posted is not up to 10 billion naira in costs. So how does that prove Fashola is working. showing hospital beds and Police motorbikes. This is really ridiculous and a show of ignorance and illieteracy. I have raised a proper template you can use or even build on. You can use it to objectively discuss this. Not pictures of government newly painted buildings
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by jmaine: 10:23pm On May 25, 2011
edicolove:

I recall I did say Eko Ile was doing a silly thing while some of you guys were commending him for wasting his time. I knew it would come to this. Every state can actually produce pictures. That is not how to measure real performance. [/b]you have to measure it against goals, targets and expectations. Not just showcasing pictures. All the pictures Eko Ile posted is not up to 10 billion naira in costs. So how does that prove Fashola is working. showing hospital beds and Police motorbikes. [b]This is really ridiculous and a show of ignorance and illiteracy. I have raised a proper template you can use or even build on. You can use it to objectively discuss this. Not pictures of government newly painted buildings

Thank You Bros . . . . i even used the extremely corrupt and indicted James Ibori who used Pictures to hoodwink the public, buttressing the point of not depending on pictures as proof of performance cos there are more indices to make deductive judgement from. . .but the vermin went convulsive with his rage . . . shooting off the line  . .causing an unnecessary scene that was unwarranted. . . And all he does is throw insults and abuses when he is faced with the truth
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by EkoIle1: 10:38pm On May 25, 2011
Gooshh, not these sad and sorry useless nuisance again,
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by EkoIle1: 10:38pm On May 25, 2011
edicolove:

I recall I did say Eko Ile was doing a silly thing while some of you guys were commending him for wasting his time. I knew it would come to this. Every state can actually produce pictures. That is not how to measure real performance. you have to measure it against goals, targets and expectations. Not just showcasing pictures. All the pictures Eko Ile posted is not up to 10 billion naira in costs. So how does that prove Fashola is working. showing hospital beds and Police motorbikes. This is really ridiculous and a show of ignorance and illieteracy. I have raised a proper template you can use or even build on. You can use it to objectively discuss this. Not pictures of government newly painted buildings

You are right on the money, Fashola is not doing a damn thing.

Are you happy now? Are you going to sleep better tonight?

Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by deelobe: 10:54pm On May 25, 2011
Since we are talking about Fasola I want to use this medium to tell him about abandoned road project at Oyegbola street off Kayode Onipanu since 2009 and the link between Musin and Onipanu where you pay 20,00 everytime you pass but the musin side of the road is like passing through Eba that has lumps. You can understand the imagery. Electricity too! It was so fantastic before the election but after that it is back to status quo, really really terrible. Since we call you the action gov please do something
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by houvest: 11:02pm On May 25, 2011
@ediclove. Thank you for moving the discussion from a pedestrian to a scientific level. However these are your observations and not weighted against any benchmarks and so are subjective but a good attempt anyhow  it is a good attempt. Do you know he there had been any studies done in nigeria with there developmental indices at the levels of the states? We can also extract other parameter from  the UN indices  used to measure  national developments so we can have a balanced template to assess our leaders at all levels viz-a-viz their  income spread over their 1/  demographics ie  Population, birth rate, life expectancy, population density and rural urban migration. 2  economy eg gdp, erg ie estimated real growth, inflation, gdp capita income, poverty level and poverty line. Others are slum indicators eg safe water sources, improved sanitation, durable housing and mdg tracking. We must access our leaders on these and other internationally recognised  standards in order not to be taken in by their announcements and also in order to challenge them to international standards and by global or regional best practices.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by EkoIle1: 11:07pm On May 25, 2011
deelobe:

Since we are talking about Fasola I want to use this medium to tell him about abandoned road  project at Oyegbola street off Kayode Onipanu since 2009 and the link between Musin and Onipanu where you pay 20,00 everytime you pass but the musin side of the road is like passing through Eba that has lumps. You can understand the imagery. Electricity too! It was so fantastic before the election but after that it is back to status quo, really really terrible. Since we call you the action gov please do something

Send your complaints to the state's works ministry.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by edicolove: 11:32pm On May 25, 2011
unemployment = 45% in my book
education = 30%
healthcare 55%
traffic congestion = 90%
pollution = 60% - the beautification project has helped this a lot
housing = 25% he hasnt done much here
security = 40% This is getting really bad as there has been a sharp rise in raiding of estates by robbers
Power = cant rate him here. still in the pipeline
Roads = 50% - Would have giving him a really good score here if I were judging by VI roads. But the mainland is still very bad
Infrastructure = 60% but i think he has done more repairs here than building of innovative and creative stuff
Good leadership = 90%. this is where I score him the most. He has been able to carry everyone along and is a good builder of bridges just like GEJ.

This was my initial template, we can build on these by adding more departments like agriculture and industry. We can even make it into a poll and let people vote and discuss the individual ares. We can even go a step further and use the template to assess other leaders across the country. Not sentimentally and blindly praise singing. I voted for GEJ but I will be glad to also put him on this same test as we go along. No sentiments or we wont get good leadership and national transformation. ACN supporters should be careful not to let sentiments blindfold them or they will regret it in the future. Human beings all over the wolrd will never be good on their own. Even in America, if left alone, Obama will do atrocities. The only reason he will not do atrocities is because of the checks and balances that exists.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by Katsumoto: 11:42pm On May 25, 2011
edicolove:

Are you comparing japanese cities with scandinavian cities? We are discussing Nigerian states that have been under-developed for a long time and you are talking about indices used to measure developed cities. The fact of the matter is that the benchmark for measuring development in Nigeria is so low that that the citizens can easily tell whether an administrator is performing. In view of none and existent developments over the past 50 years, most development is easily noticeable. Whilst photographs are not a good measure in developed societies, they should suffice for the Nigerian context. If anyone believes that his state governor his performing, than he can post pictures for all to see. I don't buy all that development on paper that Afanna was mostly posting earlier.

How did you come about the figure of 10 billion naira just by looking at pictures? Secondly, while Eko Ile has posted some pictures about Lagos, he is unlikely to have captured every single devt since Fashola took office.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by Kanto: 11:47pm On May 25, 2011
@bk.babe97y

Why are you running away you dirty stinking pig who has probably not taken a bath in the last one week? I thought you knew how to make noise. Now the hard facts have sent you running. Next time you engage in such foolery here again, i will pump more hard facts into your ugly face that will give you sleepless nights for at least one week. Yeye empty noisemaker!

I hardly indulge in this nairaland crap by psyochpaths and cowardly dirty lowlifes like bk.babe97y who have no life beyond demonstrating how badly brought-up they are on the internet, but every once in a while, i take off my gloves and give such frustrated bigots a serious whooping.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by EkoIle1: 12:16am On May 26, 2011
Katsumoto:

Are you comparing japanese cities with scandinavian cities? We are discussing Nigerian states that have been under-developed for a long time and you are talking about indices used to measure developed cities. The fact of the matter is that the benchmark for measuring development in Nigeria is so low that that the citizens can easily tell whether an administrator is performing. In view of none and existent developments over the past 50 years, most development is easily noticeable. Whilst photographs are not a good measure in developed societies, they should suffice for the Nigerian context. If anyone believes that his state governor his performing, than he can post pictures for all to see. I don't buy all that development on paper that Afanna was mostly posting earlier.

How did you come about the figure of 10 billion naira just by looking at pictures? Secondly, while Eko Ile has posted some pictures about Lagos, he is unlikely to have captured every single devt since Fashola took office.

I basically gave them the opportunity to post something since they couldn't post anything for almost 24hrs after I challenged to. I'm trying not to knock their pictures or what ever they posted, I just want people to see, compare and contrast, but they are not honest people, they'll never admit the obvious.

That 10billion really cracked me up. Why are we saddled with goofy characters like these poster?

Let let me continue since they've ran out of steam with their meager contribution,

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply)

President Buhari Presented With Cards, Trophy For "Capturing Sambisa Forest" / Katsina, Kano Polls Show Buhari Has Lost Popularity In Stronghold: PDP / Nigeria Buries Soldiers At Night In Secret Cemetery - Wall Street Journal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.