Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,448 members, 7,812,370 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:22 PM

What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! (35656 Views)

See What Wole Soyinka Wrote About Fashola(pic) / The Truth About Fashola's Success / What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! Pt 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by Afanna1: 3:55am On May 26, 2011
Gov flags-off Bike Riders’ Loan/Ins Scheme (EDOMEMCIS)
http://www.edostate.gov.ng/news/gov-flags-bike-riders%E2%80%99-loanins-scheme-edomemcis
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by EkoIle1: 3:56am On May 26, 2011
Eko Atlantic City Project has expanded Nigeria’s territory – Fashola
NewsMar 17, 2011

Lagos – Gov. Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State says the reclaiming of 2.4 million cubic metres of land from the Atlantic Ocean for the Eko Atlantic City Project has expanded Nigeria’s territory.
Fashola said this on Wednesday while inspecting the project being executed by the South Energy of Holland in association with some others firms.
`We are reclaiming and restoring the geographical territory of Lagos State and by extension that of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
`We are reclaiming the land lost to the Atlantic Ocean by uncontrollable erosions that we have now brought under control,’’ the governor said.
He commended the contractor for its commitment.
`The Commissioner for Water Front Infrastructure, Mr Adesegun Oniru, has just informed me that within the next 24 months, Lagosians will begin to see the emergence of one of the apartment blocks, a 24-storey building emerging from where we stand today, meaning that the future has started.
`By this singular act, the contractor has indeed put its money, time, experience and integrity into the project so as to deliver it as promised, starting with the construction of the 1.5km ocean seashore,’’ he said.
Fashola noted that in 2007, sea waves of about 70 metres high buffeted the coastline, but that shorelines constructed by the contractor protected Victoria Island and Ikoyi from being flushed.
He said that the shorelines would also protect the Eko Atlantic City when completed.
`It will be a new city on the coast, a city that will run and operate like any other city in the world with 24 hours electricity, new business centres, housing and efficient transport facilities.
`This is the future that Lagos promises, a future that is within a short distance,’’ he said.
Oniru said that areas reclaimed from the Atlantic Ocean were lost to the ocean from 1905.
The commissioner said that with the reclamation, Lagos could now account for 180km of the 853km stretch of Nigeria’s coastal area.
`The firm ground we are all standing on today was part of the Atlantic Ocean which was between 12 metres and 15 metres deep before the contractors reclaimed it,’’ he said.
He listed facilities that would be in the city to include network of roads and surface water bridges.
`There will also be a dedicated elec
tric power generation with underground distribution network of service ducks to provide information technology services,’’ he added. ( NAN

Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by jason123: 3:58am On May 26, 2011
Katsumoto:

Thanks for that

If Cocoa still constitutes approximately 39% of non-oil exports in 2010, generating N133BN in the process, imagine what it generated from the 20s to the 70s. N133BN despite most of the cocoa farms laying fallow today.
One can only imagine! Yet some people want Nigeria to believe that EVERY good city in Nigeria today was built by Oil money from the SS, nonsense. The only city that was built by "oil money" is Abuja.

Other major cities like Lagos, Delta, Port harcourt, Jos, the Old Kano, the Old Oyo even the Old Enugu etc were build by internally generated revenue not with oil money from the SS as some people will want us to believe. Some of these city have their own oil and that includes Lagos (off shore), so I do not subscribe to this victim mentality some of my people will want us to believe.

My SS brothers, if you want to know where our oil money has been going to, simply ask the Governor of your state. Ask the cabals. That is where your oil money has been.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by jason123: 4:00am On May 26, 2011
ekt_bear:

Damn.

That cocoa money is kind of a big deal, lol.

Do we export chocolate? Or just raw cocoa?

I know that Nestle is building a factory in Ogun. Hrm. . .

Couple that with other resources such Gold and Oil in ondo, ogun and Lagos.

Most Southern regions can be independent revenue-wise, to some extent.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by Afanna1: 4:11am On May 26, 2011
Port-Harcourt Rainbow Town Gets Delivery Dates

Quote:
Lagos-based Messrs. CityScape International Plc, developers to "Rainbow Town" residential scheme at the Trans-Amadi Industrial Layout in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, have unveiled delivery dates for the estates, which is featuring a range of house types.

While 60 four-bedroom terrace units and 13 five-bedroom detached duplexes will be ready in some weeks' time in March this year, others are pretty long in coming.

Modupe Akwumakwuhie, Vice President, Sales & Marketing, stated that the blocks of flats would be completed within a year between December 2010 and December 2011.

While saying that the scheme's pricing would be reviewed quarterly and prospective home buyers are required to make commitments at the prevailing price, she listed the payment options to include outright payment, milestone payment and mortgage payment. The milestone option entails a 20 percent deposit and five milestone payments, which are 20 percent payment each at the substructure and blockwork/slab stages, 30 percent payment at the roofing stage and five percent each at the fitting/fixture as well as the final handover stages.

A five per cent discount attracts a full payment option, according to Akwumakwuhie.

She pointed out that the mortgage option entails an initial deposit of 20 percent of the value of the desired unit and followed - within a month of making this deposit - by arranging a mortgage line of 80 percent of the cost of the house. The deal attracts a brokerage fee of 1.5 percent of the value of the property.

The serviced estate will feature departmental stores, educational facilities (daycare, crèches and pre-schools), recreational facilities (parks and playgrounds) and utility/security services (police and fire station). The ensuite units come fully wired and finished with ceramic, parquet and vitrified finishes.

The estate also features two blocks of flats - the 15-floor Point Block and the 12-floor City Block.

While the four-bedroom terrace duplex and the five-bedroom detached duplex respectively sell for N45 million and N70 million, two-bedroom flats on the first to third floors at the Point Block go for N49.4 million and three-bedroom flats on the same floors go for N53.6 million.

Other units at Point Block are going for: N51.8 million - two-bedroom flat, N56.2 million - three-bedroom flat (fourth to sixth floors); N54.5 million - two-bedroom flat, N59 million - three-bedroom flat (seventh to ninth floors); N76.5 million - two-bedroom flat (tenth to twelfth floors); and, N79 million - two-bedroom executive maisonnette (coral design), N81 million - two-bedroom executive maisonnette (pearl design), N73.5 million - one-bedroom executive maisonnette (coral design), N76.5 million - one-bedroom executive maisonnette (pearl design) (thirteenth floor).

City Block units are selling for: N45.8 million - three-bedroom flats (second to third floors); N47.7 million - three-bedroom flats (fourth to sixth floors); N49.85 million - three-bedroom flats (seventh to ninth floors); and, N70.5 million - two-bedroom executive maisonnettee (tenth floor).

Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by EkoIle1: 4:13am On May 26, 2011

Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by EkoIle1: 4:13am On May 26, 2011

Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by Afanna1: 4:14am On May 26, 2011
cool

Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by EkoIle1: 4:16am On May 26, 2011

Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by Afanna1: 5:25am On May 26, 2011
http://www.energycities.org/images/GPH.jpg

the pictures are too big.  angry
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by Afanna1: 5:28am On May 26, 2011
Port Harcourt Minor Projects and Design Stage

Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by darkhand: 5:32am On May 26, 2011
jason123:

One can only imagine! Yet some people want Nigeria to believe that EVERY good city in Nigeria today was built by Oil money from the SS, nonsense. The only city that was built by "oil money" is Abuja.

Other major cities like Lagos, Delta, Port harcourt, Jos, the Old Kano, the Old Oyo even the Old Enugu etc were build by internally generated revenue not with oil money from the SS as some people will want us to believe. Some of these city have their own oil and that includes Lagos (off shore), so I do not subscribe to this victim mentality some of my people will want us to believe.

My SS brothers, if you want to know where our oil money has been going to, simply ask the Governor of your state. Ask the cabals. That is where your oil money has been.

Have you taken leave of your senses? Everything built in Nigeria in the last 35 years was built with oil money. I don't know who you think you are trying to deceive.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by Afanna1: 5:32am On May 26, 2011
IP@ Rivers, nigeria

Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by Afanna1: 5:34am On May 26, 2011

Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by Afanna1: 5:36am On May 26, 2011
PORT HARCOURT|Stock Exchange|commercial|.

Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by jason123: 5:42am On May 26, 2011
darkhand:

Have you taken leave of your senses? Everything built in Nigeria in the last 35 years was built with oil money. I don't know who you think you are trying to deceive.

So tell me a city that was built during that time apart from Abuja? All the cities I listed existed before oil and Nigeria, and will continue to exist after oil and possibly Nigeria.
So, the floor is yours! Give me a city built from oil within 35 yrs apart from Abuja. Mind you, I stated earlier that cities like Delta (warri), Lagos, port harcourt and jos were built by INTERNALLY GENERATED REVENUE WHICH INCLUDES[b] THEIR[/b] STATE OIL! While cities like Old Enugu, Abia, Oyo, Ogun (because of its proximity to Lagos but she also has oil and gold) and Old Kano have existed before the so called oil.

So counter my points instead of insulting. The floor is yours!
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by EkoIle1: 5:50am On May 26, 2011
@ #Afanna

Let's not dum,b down this thread with graphics and concepts without construction activities, we can not pass those off as developments, looks like deception to me.

You are free to give up if there are no more pics to post.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by EkoIle1: 5:57am On May 26, 2011
Waste Management,

Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by Afanna1: 5:58am On May 26, 2011
Gov Amaechi's Health for all: the brand new ultra modern Elekahia Primary Health Centre built by the Rivers State Government is one of the many modern health centres the Amaechi Administration is building all over the State.

Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by Afanna1: 6:00am On May 26, 2011
view of the almost completed Niger Hospital being built by the Rivers State Government.

Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by Afanna1: 6:01am On May 26, 2011
Some of the buses for the new Port Harcourt city mass transit scheme introduced by Rivers State Governor Rotimi Amaechi in partnership with Skye Bank.

Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by EkoIle1: 6:03am On May 26, 2011
Lagos Drivers’ Institute Is For Safety And Security On Our Road

Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by Afanna1: 6:04am On May 26, 2011
Gov Amaechi's Health for all: the brand new ultra modern Okochiri Primary Health Centre built by the Rivers State Government is one of the many modern health centres the Amaechi Administration is building all over the State.

Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by Afanna1: 6:06am On May 26, 2011
Gov Amaechi's Health for all: the brand new ultra modern Okija Primary Health Centre built by the Rivers State Government is one of the many modern health centres the Amaechi Administration is building all over the State.
grin

Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by EkoIle1: 6:07am On May 26, 2011
BRT,

Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by EkoIle1: 6:22am On May 26, 2011
Bola Tinubu (BT) Pediatric Complex and BT Health and Diagnostic Centre at the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LASUTH)l, Ikeja

Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by EkoIle1: 6:23am On May 26, 2011

Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by EkoIle1: 6:24am On May 26, 2011

Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by EkoIle1: 6:24am On May 26, 2011

Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by EkoIle1: 6:30am On May 26, 2011
Fashola’s Achievements Extolled: You Are The Best Of Us, Says Jang

Fashola’s Achievements Extolled: You Are The Best Of Us, Says Jang

May 20, 2009 - The rating of the Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola (SAN), went up another notch Wednesday in faraway Jos, the Plateau State capital, where the Plateau State Governor, General Jonah Jang (rtd), declared him the best among his counterparts in the country.

Governor Jang, who was speaking while receiving his Lagos State counterpart who paid him a courtesy visit, declared, “I must say here openly that honestly speaking, I must rate you the best of us in terms of development”.

The Governor, who noted that there is need for state governors to exchange official visits in order to learn from each other, also requested his visitor to consider extending an invitation to him to pay some days’ official visit to Lagos at a later date “to take a look at what you are doing”.

“We should start paying each other state visits to learn from what each other is doing. Irrespective of our different political parties, we have a lot to learn from one another, and I believe, it is not time for politics, as the President said, it is time to work for the nation”, the Governor said.

According to Governor Jang, to work effectively for the nation “we should be able to exchange ideas by paying one another official visits”, adding that he has already focused his eyes on the areas of revenue generation and security where he would like to tap the wisdom of Governor Fashola.

“I am watching your revenue generation and system very carefully and we are trying to borrow from you by asking those who are working for you to come and look at our own state”, the Plateau State Governor said.

Also commending Governor Fashola on the success of his security system in Lagos State, the Plateau State Governor declared, “Again, the former I.G. Smith told me that he was chairman of the Security system you set up and today we hardly hear of armed robbery in Lagos State. I agree again that this is what we have to learn from you, aside from physical development”.

Governor Jang, who said he spent 12 years in Lagos during his service years, recalled how difficult Lagos was then in terms of movement from one point to the other, and commended his visitor for the tremendous transformation that Lagos State has recorded in many areas, but especially in transportation and the environment.

Wishing Governor Fashola a happy period in the State, the Plateau State Governor, who noted that the National Economic Council (NEC) also has some top military officers as members, expressed delight that, with his wealth of experience as a Senior Advocate of Nigeria, the Lagos State Governor will impact on the Council membership what democracy is all about.

@ the highlighted. Nuff said.

Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by enyojo(f): 6:47am On May 26, 2011
[size=14pt]I AM A PICTURE FREEEEEEK!
PLS KEEP THEM COMING I BEG![/size]
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by ektbear: 6:50am On May 26, 2011
There was some really cool plan to burn landfill gas in Lagos for electricity. I remember reading about it a few months ago. I wonder how that is going

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (20) (Reply)

Osinbajo Discharged After Successful Surgery, Rehabilitation At Duchess Hospital / DSS To Interrogate Magu, EFCC Boss - Sahara Reporters / Nigerian Air Force Strikes Boko Haram Terrorist’s Vehicle Workshop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.