Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,033 members, 7,814,521 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

Nigerian + American = Undateable? - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian + American = Undateable? (13248 Views)

9 Characters That Makes Some Nigerian Girls Undateable / The Undateable Lady. / Nigerian Parents And Dating As A Nigerian-american (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian + American = Undateable? by ShyOne(f): 10:27pm On Jun 24, 2011
MzDarkSkin:

@tom you say the black race is divided but what are you doing to enlighten the "ignorant akatas" and africans alike? absolutely nothing. Instead you come on here and without shame seem to enjoy typing the stereotypes of AAs without taking the time to credit those who have reached out to foreigners and looked at the ignorant ones as being "lost brothers/sisters". I came on this site to understand about Nigeria and to see if the stereotypes about Nigerians were true not to mention kill a few that I saw some ignorant members typing about my own people. I have been embraced and disrespected by Nigerians (and wanna-be Nigerians aka other Africans on this site who think being African they are entitled to disrespect me as well  grin) alike. At times I would think to myself that all Nigerians are rude, ignorant and arrogant - all out of anger but then I had to check myself and remembered the many on this site who have showed me love and interest in my two ethnicities. It would be wrong to label all because of some. Perhaps you too can take on the same attitude. Life is too short. You will find we blacks from all over have too much in common than difference.

Since we are on the subject some of you Africans need to really check your attitudes for real just as you want us to. Some Africans go to foreign countries after having already conditioned their minds against western blacks based on hear-say and what they have seen on tv. The same way we are perceived and portrayed to be thugs with no ambition is the same way you all are looked at and depicted in the west as being "bush, crazy, village inhabitants, monkies, smelly, and primitive"  undecided (I am being VERY SERIOUS!) and many AAs and some Caribbeans are not being told otherwise and therefore regard Africa as being a horrible place. They become uninterested in doing the research themselves to find out fact from fiction. This results in their asking ignorant questions to Africans some of which use this to justify the beliefs that we western blacks are "fo0ls". Slavery messed us ALL up on both sides of the Atlantic. What is ok in Africa we are told to laugh and scorn and what we do most Africans do not approve of such as a woman having children by different men, but the key thing is: SLAVERY. You cannot look at our skin and assume we are exactly in tune with the ways of our distant ancestors. We are talking over 400 years of separation, so the best thing to do is self educate and to educate.

I love the majority of what you have typed here sis. I love it, I so deeply agree with you. So let's start somewhere - we can start with ourselves. One man/woman can really move mountains.
Re: Nigerian + American = Undateable? by ShyOne(f): 10:36pm On Jun 24, 2011
tom28:

r]
Mz darkskin i have given up trying to change the views of racist AAs and africans.What i have come to see in the USA is that AAs hate african,africans hate AAs,whiteys hate both AAs and africans,AAs hate mexicans,while both the AAs and whiteys hate the native americans.So the USA is a country built on hate and maybe this could explain its agressive wars towards the 3rd world countries in both the middle east and in africa.The USA is not as racially intergrated as it claims because self imposed racial segregation is common.In school you see the asians going their own way,the africans keeping to themselves as well as the AAs.If u are a very dark skinned africans the AAs would ridicule such a person and make fun of his accent and hence this could be why many africans come up with fake yankee accents and especially common with we nigerians because other africans are indifferent when the AAs make fun of their accents.

Please don't give up - there are some of us that don't hate - have we been misled at times? Yes - most definitely - but guess what? we found you, you found us - so let's just do this. Do I agree with what you have written here? ABSOLUTELY - YOU HAVE NAILED IT ON THE HEAD - each of your statements. So what do we do? We just need to be that motivating, meaningful factor of change.

We have identified these problems let's join hands on this thing and start walking our talk for a better tomorrow. I do appreciate what you've said - many of us have been harsh and angry including myself. NL brought us together - Let's do something about this, We are all important to our groups, We haven't been shy in speaking our minds, So let's be actively aggressive about changing some things by starting with Numero Uno 0- moi.

dayokanu:

I am glad that we are able to come to some agreement here.

Most Africans before stepping on US soil are soo enthralled by the idea of a free world where everyone is a millionaire until they get discriminated against and most painfully by ppl of the same color

Naturally such ppl would just withdraw back into their comfort zone of fellow Africans.

The sad part is that this discrimination starts from early childhood, An immigrant 7yr old girl in elementary school is quickly made to know she isnt one of "them" cos of her accent and very nubian features. She thereby withdraws into her own group where she wont be discriminated against

Dayo - I am glad too. I guess it took some constant communication to get to this point. Was the communication harsh at times? Yes, But sometimes it takes that for us to realize what we are doing.

We have to hear ourselves as we speak to others about these types of issues.

I do definitely agree with what you wrote here. Thank you for your input. Now I see why the groupings go on more so in the U.S. - self protection. I can relate to that little girl. I was one and these type of things happen quite frequently to people of color and if the accent is thick even more so. I do agree with you. Thank you for expanding our thought here.

Yes - Let's do something about this.
Re: Nigerian + American = Undateable? by ShyOne(f): 10:38pm On Jun 24, 2011
@ Pure

Please, please, please forgive us for the pages of "off topic"

Sorry for the disrespect

I will definitely focus on the topic.

I saw Tpiah trying to bring it back. I will join in too.

So have you taken any of your new NL profiles (males) up on any of their offers?

Some sound quite genuine. Just be careful. Do you want us to help you filter through the offers? cheesy
Re: Nigerian + American = Undateable? by dayokanu(m): 11:17pm On Jun 24, 2011
Shy-one,

You are too kind.

If you werent hooked, I would have bagged you for myself.

There were several comments in the thread that should have angered you but you took it in, Kudos.

Now I need to marry you, And dont bother saying No because you dont have a choice,

An AFrican gets what an AFRICAN wants especially if you are Nigerian and Yoruba like me tongue
Re: Nigerian + American = Undateable? by Nobody: 2:33am On Jun 25, 2011
Shy-One:

Please don't give up - there are some of us that don't hate - have we been misled at times? Yes - most definitely - but guess what? we found you, you found us - so let's just do this. Do I agree with what you have written here? ABSOLUTELY - YOU HAVE NAILED IT ON THE HEAD - each of your statements. So what do we do? We just need to be that motivating, meaningful factor of change.

We have identified these problems let's join hands on this thing and start walking our talk for a better tomorrow. I do appreciate what you've said - many of us have been harsh and angry including myself. NL brought us together - Let's do something about this, We are all important to our groups, We haven't been shy in speaking our minds, So let's be actively aggressive about changing some things by starting with Numero Uno 0- moi.

Dayo - I am glad too. I guess it took some constant communication to get to this point. Was the communication harsh at times? Yes, But sometimes it takes that for us to realize what we are doing.
Shyone b4 coming to to the USA i used to think most AAs were cool and that they were our brothers but coming to the US has opened my eyes to the extreme hatred by AAs toward africans.Some use words like pouch monkeys towards africans and claim how superior to they are to africans because they have white blood in them and blah blah blah.Many of them make fun of africans who listen to rap and the most funny thing of all is they make monkey sounds when they come across africans .When they notice that you are african you see the resentment in their eyes and such.It is this hatred and ignorance by AAs that africans react to strongly and when we do they refer to us as haters.Its ok for a black american standup comedian to make fun of hungry babies in the sudan and somalia but when we africans insult them back they vent about it.I just hope some of my fellow nigerian brothers living in nigeria who try to emulate AAs should come to the US and see what the AAs really think about africans.

I do definitely agree with what you wrote here. Thank you for your input. Now I see why the groupings go on more so in the U.S. - self protection. I can relate to that little girl. I was one and these type of things happen quite frequently to people of color and if the accent is thick even more so. I do agree with you. Thank you for expanding our thought here.

Re: Nigerian + American = Undateable? by Nobody: 2:58am On Jun 25, 2011
Shy-One:

Shyone before coming to the US i used to have a positive image about the AAs but coming to the US has opened my eyes to the extreme hatred by AAs towards africans.Some use words like pouch monkeys towards africans and claim how superior they are to africans because of the blood they have and blah blah blah.Many of them make fun of africans who listen to rap and the most funny thing of all is they make monkey sounds when they come across an african.Whwn they notice you you are african you see the resentment in their eyes and such.It is their hatred and ignorance that we africans react to strongly and when we do they vent about it.It is ok for a black american female standup comedian to make fun of hungry babies in the sudan and somaliabut when we africans insult them they vent about it.I just hope some of my fellow nigerian brothers back in nigeria should come to the US and really see what the AAs really think about africans.
Re: Nigerian + American = Undateable? by Nobody: 3:15am On Jun 25, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

There are two type of black people in America regardless of where you come from. Niggers and Blacks. Even Chris Rock did a eepisodespeaking about the difference between Niggers and Blacks in America.

Maybe you should pay David Duke a visit and ask whats the meaning of a nigger grin
Whether you are a college educated black or not you still nigger to a whitey but then some of you AAs still use the N word to compliment each other and the most funny thing of it all is that those of you AAs who claim to be educated use it the most cheesy
Re: Nigerian + American = Undateable? by MrsChima(f): 4:41am On Jun 25, 2011
tom28:

Shyone before coming to the US i used to have a positive image about the AAs but coming to the US has opened my eyes to the extreme hatred by AAs towards africans.Some use words like pouch monkeys towards africans and claim how superior they are to africans because of the blood they have and blah blah blah.Many of them make fun of africans who listen to rap and the most funny thing of all is they make monkey sounds when they come across an african.Whwn they notice you you are african you see the resentment in their eyes and such.It is their hatred and ignorance that we africans react to strongly and when we do they vent about it.It is ok for a black american female standup comedian to make fun of hungry babies in the sudan and somaliabut when we africans insult them they vent about it.I just hope some of my fellow nigerian brothers back in nigeria should come to the US and really see what the AAs really think about africans.

We know how you feel about Black Americans and in the other's men eyes YOU ARE STILL a nigger regardless if you sound like you got glasses in your throat. They do not care if you come from Spain or Turkey. Your dark skin color already determined your social caste.  

If you ever were in America then why are your EXPERIENCE differs then the other Africans who are ACTUALLY IN AMERICA? It seems like you keep attracting those bottom of the barrel type Americans and living amongst them unless your source is from TV. They say you are what you attracts.   lipsrsealed

By the way if ALL Black Americans have such horrific views about Africans, Livedit wouldn't have married an Yoruba man, Shyone wouldn't be dating a single Yoruba father of three kids from previous relationship, and Pureohio wouldn't be half Black American and Nigerian. cool
Re: Nigerian + American = Undateable? by MrsChima(f): 4:57am On Jun 25, 2011
Shy-One:

I'm sorry I don't agree with anything you just wrote here - The "N" word I don't use and many, many blacks - especially in my income bracket are offended on so many different levels to hear it used in any context.

Also - I stand by what I wrote earlier Blacks do complain when "foreigners fill jobs---even more so in this economy."

Oh - not in NY?  I thought that was your location some time back - I must have misread your posts.  Anyway sorry for directing a question your way.  Sounds good.

You don't have to agree with me and you don't have to use the NIGGER word.  If you thought like a nigger you wouldn't be dating an African now.   cool 

Again it must be in your area that blacks complaining about Africans taking jobs and Indiana along with a few other states are known for having lazy complainers.  No offense.
Re: Nigerian + American = Undateable? by MrsChima(f): 4:59am On Jun 25, 2011
tom28:

Maybe you should pay David Duke a visit and ask whats the meaning of a nigger grin
Whether you are a college educated black or not you still nigger to a whitey but then some of you AAs still use the N word to compliment each other and the most funny thing of it all is that those of you AAs who claim to be educated use it the most cheesy

At least we know that Cubans are HISPANIC/LATINO, 12,000 is LESS than 25 million, and DC is not the biggest city in the world, DUMMY.   cheesy

You are a printed degree alumni. grin grin You are not SMARTER than a newborn baby.   lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian + American = Undateable? by MrsChima(f): 5:07am On Jun 25, 2011
dayokanu:

Shy-one,

You are too kind.

There were several comments in the thread that should have angered you but you took it in, Kudos.

Now I need to marry you, And dont bother saying No because you dont have a choice,

An AFrican gets what an AFRICAN wants especially if you are Nigerian and Yoruba like me tongue

Tpia did say YORUBA men will marry anybody in a heartbeat. cheesy
Re: Nigerian + American = Undateable? by ShyOne(f): 11:33am On Jun 25, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

You don't have to agree with me and you don't have to use the NIGGER word.  If you thought like a nigger you wouldn't be dating an African now.   cool 

Again it must be in your area that blacks complaining about Africans taking jobs and Indiana along with a few other states are known for having lazy complainers.  No offense. 

ok

I don't know about people in Indiana - I have been gone for over 10 years and just moved from Wisconsin the end of 2010 so I've been back in the area only a little over 6 months.  I have been closeted behind the walls of my business that I relocated from Wisconsin to Indiana - preparing it to open to the public so I'm not sure what you are talking about regarding Indiana or lazy complainers.    What I spoke of - didn't have to do with location (where people are located) as I have lived in 16 different states in the U.S. and heard this in all of those locations.

No offense taken - You are Your Experience. (You are What you Eat) - When the Experience expands You Expand.
Re: Nigerian + American = Undateable? by kandiikane(m): 11:35am On Jun 25, 2011
^^Was your guy deported back to lagos?
Re: Nigerian + American = Undateable? by ShyOne(f): 11:37am On Jun 25, 2011
tom28:

I know of what you speak - It is painful and it is humiliating and it completely embarrasses me to hear of it.  Tom what can we do to collectively work together to "prevent OUR accepting it to allow this type of destructive behavior to take root IN US?"

Bitterness is a hard pill to swallow - it burns the stomach and incubates disease and hatred among us ----- keeping separation between us.  

I'm willing to step towards you WILL YOU STEP TOWARDS ME?
Re: Nigerian + American = Undateable? by ShyOne(f): 11:39am On Jun 25, 2011
dayokanu:

Shy-one,

You are too kind.

Thanks - embarassed
Re: Nigerian + American = Undateable? by ShyOne(f): 11:41am On Jun 25, 2011
kandiikane:

^^Was your guy deported back to lagos?

- Kandi - my guy is great - doing great - trouble doesn't associate with him or his activities which are honorable - we're good.

Let's get back on the thread topic - ok?

We have destroyed the thread

let's do something - anything to get it back on topic

I'm not going to respond to anything on this thread but thread topics - I don't want my Member ID to be banned - guys

ok - please
Re: Nigerian + American = Undateable? by MrsChima(f): 12:30pm On Jun 25, 2011
Shy-One:

ok

I don't know about people in Indiana - I have been gone for over 10 years and just moved from Wisconsin the end of 2010 so I've been back in the area only a little over 6 months.  I have been closeted behind the walls of my business that I relocated from Wisconsin to Indiana  - preparing it to open to the public so I'm not sure what you are talking about regarding Indiana or lazy complainers.    What I spoke of - didn't have to do with location (where people are located) as I have lived in 16 different states in the U.S. and heard this in all of those locations.

No offense taken - You are Your Experience. (You are What you Eat) - When the Experience expands You Expand.

Sure Shyone.  (curling lips) 

Refer to the red

There is nothing like positive experiences!   It does the body good.   cool 

You see that Tom28?  Don't let bad experiences expands you.  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian + American = Undateable? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jun 25, 2011
Shy-One:

I know of what you speak - It is painful and it is humiliating and it completely embarrasses me to hear of it. Tom what can we do to collectively work together to "prevent OUR accepting it to allow this type of destructive behavior to take root IN US?"

Bitterness is a hard pill to swallow - it burns the stomach and incubates disease and hatred among us ----- keeping separation between us.

So you are married to a nigerian man and you are a black american woman?
I just hope your hubby treats you like a queen because you sound like a level headed lady.Your naija hubby is lucky to have you
PS: pls dont let Mrs Chima influence you with her i-am-a-strong-black-woman type of attitude.
Re: Nigerian + American = Undateable? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jun 25, 2011
Shy-One:

I know of what you speak - It is painful and it is humiliating and it completely embarrasses me to hear of it. Tom what can we do to collectively work together to "prevent OUR accepting it to allow this type of destructive behavior to take root IN US?"

Sure we could both hold hands and sing we are the world(j/k)
Anyway on a more serious note i dont think it can be done.We should all be reigned to fate and let things go the way they should go.
Re: Nigerian + American = Undateable? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jun 25, 2011
typo
resigned to fate
Re: Nigerian + American = Undateable? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jun 25, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

At least we know that Cubans are HISPANIC/LATINO, 12,000 is LESS than 25 million, and DC is not the biggest city in the world, DUMMY. cheesy

You are a printed degree alumni. grin grin You are not SMARTER than a newborn baby. lipsrsealed

You better
You better watch your blood pressure before you come up with a heart attack cheesy
Re: Nigerian + American = Undateable? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jun 25, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

We know how you feel about Black Americans and in the other's men eyes YOU ARE STILL a nigger regardless if you sound like you got glasses in your throat. They do not care if you come from Spain or Turkey. Your dark skin color already determined your social caste.

And thats the same thing i am talking about.Whites refer to both AAs and africans as niggers so why do u AAs use such an insultive word to compliment each other?
Re: Nigerian + American = Undateable? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jun 25, 2011
Kudos to you Shy-One.  smiley

Mrs.Chima:

By the way if ALL Black Americans have such horrific views about Africans, Livedit wouldn't have married an Yoruba man, Shyone wouldn't be dating a single Yoruba father of three kids from previous relationship, and Pureohio wouldn't be half Black American and Nigerian. cool

excellent point!!!

@Tom before I drop the subject and cease from further thread derailment, please take the time to
note one thing - one key thing in this 'rubbing of minds' segment. IF all or MOST AAs 'hated' Africans why
do you suppose we (Myself, Shy-One, Lived It, Chima) are on this site? I am sure you have heard of the infamous
'Mandingo' clown and his 'anti-African' bull but do you see any of us on this thread using the same language, tone,
or methods to put forth our points on the issue like Mandingo? No. So there is hope. There are plenty of spoiled apples in every orchard however you have to have spoiled ones to appreciate the good ones. It's like good and evil. Always an opposite. So please take it into consideration that not all of us are against Africa if that was the case the thousands of AAs and West Indians who have visited or repatriated to Africa physically and mentally would not exist. You are my brother at the end of the day and I have no hard feelings towards you.  smiley
Re: Nigerian + American = Undateable? by 190: 7:45pm On Jun 25, 2011
^Here she goes again - all Akata shiit, Anyway did you get my last msg (Ogbanje) angry angry
Re: Nigerian + American = Undateable? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jun 25, 2011
190:

^Here she goes again - all Akata shiit, Anyway did you get my last msg (Ogbanje) angry angry

Akata shiit? seriously? I am simply taking the time to discuss pertinent and important issues and not chase ppl around the forum talking about s3x and pants.

and no I didn't get your message. i will check.
Re: Nigerian + American = Undateable? by 190: 7:51pm On Jun 25, 2011
angry angry
Re: Nigerian + American = Undateable? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jun 25, 2011

need bot0x?  tongue
give me a few minutes. [size=4pt]My skype is being upgraded.[/size] undecided
Re: Nigerian + American = Undateable? by dayokanu(m): 7:55pm On Jun 25, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Tpia did say YORUBA men will marry anybody in a heartbeat. cheesy

Tpia is not wrong, I would marry Shyone before she even says yes
Re: Nigerian + American = Undateable? by 190: 8:00pm On Jun 25, 2011
MzDarkSkin:

need bot0x?  tongue
give me a few minutes. [size=4pt]My skype is being upgraded.[/size] undecided

hmm - wait for me, and give me half an hour wud be rite back

and dont go anywhere
Re: Nigerian + American = Undateable? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jun 25, 2011
ok.
Re: Nigerian + American = Undateable? by 190: 10:26pm On Jun 25, 2011
you left - im leaving too undecided
Re: Nigerian + American = Undateable? by Nobody: 5:20am On Jun 26, 2011
MzDarkSkin:

Kudos to you Shy-One.  smiley

@Tom before I drop the subject and cease from further thread derailment, please take the time to
note one thing - one key thing in this 'rubbing of minds' segment. IF all or MOST AAs 'hated' Africans why
do you suppose we (Myself, Shy-One, Lived It, Chima) are on this site? I am sure you have heard of the infamous
'Mandingo' clown and his 'anti-African' bull but do you see any of us on this thread using the same language, tone,
or methods to put forth our points on the issue like Mandingo? No. So there is hope. There are plenty of spoiled apples in every orchard however you have to have spoiled ones to appreciate the good ones. It's like good and evil. Always an opposite. So please take it into consideration that not all of us are against Africa if that was the case the thousands of AAs and West Indians who have visited or repatriated to Africa physically and mentally would not exist. You are my brother at the end of the day and I have no hard feelings towards you.  smiley

I hear you and i agree with some of the things you say.I know Mandingo he used to post anti african threads on the forum but then i wasnt much bothered about that because like i have said before i come across AAs like Mandingo all the time such that i have become used to it.Yes maybe there is hope in africans connecting with AAs and caribeans but what is most important is for we africans to connect among ourselves before we even start talking of building a bridge to connect us to the AAs and the caribeans.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

If You Had To Dedicate A Song To The One You Love,what Song(s) Would It Be? / Is This Girl Ass For Real??? / See Photo Of The Boy Who Has Been Sleeping With His Landlady For 8 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.