Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,061 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:27 AM

Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! (19596 Views)

Is Senator Bala Ibn'Nallah's Dress Code To An Event Right? (pics) / Dress Code In Lagos House Of Assembly Worthy Of Emulation / Why We Barred Females From Wearing Trousers In Offices – Plateau Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by Nobody: 11:53am On Aug 06, 2007
@denex
I made a mistake with the address, but i have sent it again.
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by feelgood(m): 11:55am On Aug 06, 2007
Dear nurex, while it is good 2 focus on issues, but comments that nigeria is 65% muslim is not only wrong, false, vexatious but contributes in diverting attention from topic. Who ever told you that?
For one, I find the craze for minis, tight pants, etc (by ladies) and braids, earrings, etc (by men) wrong and saddening. But I've come 2 realise I belong 2 the old school. Sure wish we could be more decent in our dressing.
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by feelgood(m): 11:57am On Aug 06, 2007
Dear nurex, while it is good 2 focus on issues, but comments that nigeria is 65% muslim is not only wrong, false, vexatious but contributes in diverting attention from topic. Who ever told you that?
For one, I find the craze for minis, tight pants, etc (by ladies) and braids, earrings, etc (by men) wrong and saddening. But I've come 2 realise I belong 2 the old school. Sure wish we could be more decent in our dressing.
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by Nobody: 12:08pm On Aug 06, 2007
@feelgood
tnx man 4 correcting me 4 that.

but at least you understand it is Improper 4 them to dress like prostitute.

my brother saying 65% of Nigerians are Muslims is not true is wrong of you, rather you could have say i shouldn't have mention it which i will accept. but all thesame this is not an issue that we should be arguing about tnx man wink
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by mrpataki(m): 12:15pm On Aug 06, 2007
Given the fact that no amount of code enforced in the nation actually last that long, it is a shame when men who should be seeking for source of living begin to chase women on the streets tearing for their pants lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by Nobody: 12:23pm On Aug 06, 2007
nurexg:

@feelgood
tnx man 4 correcting me 4 that.

but at least you understand it is Improper 4 them to dress like prostitute.

my brother saying 65% of Nigerians are Muslims is not true is wrong of you, rather you could have say i shouldn't have mention it which i will accept. but all thesame this is not an issue that we should be arguing about tnx man wink

Nurex what is the source of your information. Nigeria is 45% Moslem and 45% Christian go check National Demographic survey. Do not make staements like that unless you have a source, it is wrong to sit in your house and fabricate staistics and you say you want to be Nigeria's head of state
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by Nobody: 12:52pm On Aug 06, 2007
@aisha2
thank God i am connected to prove you wrong of your statistic plz click this link
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/ni.html#People

and the though i make mistake the one i mention above is not up to date but still yet Muslims are more than christens in Nigeria with the following statistic

Muslim 50%, Christian 40%, indigenous beliefs 10%

current statistic.
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by fesse(f): 12:54pm On Aug 06, 2007
@ karaye.
you dont know yourself. i dont think you know what yu are talking about. you are just selfish.

personally i dont support this idea in Benue State.
when i was in Nija some certain yrs back, imo, abia,lagos and some other states tried to implement this nonesense but  the thing didnt work.
pls the person that bring up this idea should go back and stop it. why must all the ugly rules in nija  be mapped out for women, what is wrong with this people?
girls should protest for this kind ugly thing and fight for their right.

and all these people that is supporting them in this forum should mind their ways of communicating here.
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by Nobody: 1:15pm On Aug 06, 2007
nurexg:

@aisha2
thank God i am connected to prove you wrong of your statistic plz click this link
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/ni.html#People

and the though i make mistake the one i mention above is not up to date but still yet Muslims are more than christens in Nigeria with the following statistic

Muslim 50%, Christian 40%, indigenous beliefs 10%

current statistic.
A far cry from your 65% and closer to my estimated 45% dont you think? Besides that is not the issue. e are not here to compare religions
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by Nobody: 1:43pm On Aug 06, 2007
@aisha2,
have you read my first post here?
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by 9child(f): 2:05pm On Aug 06, 2007
well i dont think this has to do with religion because benue is predominantly a xtian state. so the issue of sharia is out of it.

maybe the sisters have been provocative in their dressings but giving dress code is not a way out. i could wear skirt and still have the same effect as trousers

personally, i think the dress code idea is absurd and out of place so the govt should think of an intelligent way handling the situation and stop wasting their time on frivolities
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by Rogo: 2:24pm On Aug 06, 2007
i like the decision of that State. God bless them
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by Nobody: 2:27pm On Aug 06, 2007
@Rogo
tnx man wink
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by Nobody: 2:40pm On Aug 06, 2007
Who is the commissioner of police in Benue and what is his religion.
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by bigspif(m): 2:42pm On Aug 06, 2007
Guys i see people with little knowledge of what is happening in our dear country Nigeria diverting the whole topic to religion and tribe (very unfortunate), and we always talk about uniting to move forward (free ourselves from the clutches of the corrupt leaders/politicians). But we always divide ourselves on slight opportunities. Im baffled at some of you posting OP on the real issue at hand, which was Benue state government restricting indecent dressing within the state and immediately somebody was linking the issue to a certain tribe and religion in Nigeria.
Please just comment on the topic at hand and dont distract others. angry angry
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by naijaking1: 2:49pm On Aug 06, 2007
Yea, maybe religion has nothing directly to do with this sexual harassment of law-abidding Nigerian women.

It's politics from "above"

Remember the Lagos incident last week?

Enugu, Edo, and Akwa-Ibom may be next.----- indirect sharialization of the whole naija.
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by Nobody: 2:51pm On Aug 06, 2007
@big spif
GUY TAKE TIME TO READ THE POST CAREFULLY , BEFORE SAYING SOME ONE JUST POST A LINK FOR SOME RELIGIOUS AND TRIBAL WHATEVER. SOMEONE IN THE ROOM ASK FOR A FACT AND THE FACT WAS GIVING TO HIM. YES I DO MENTION RELIGION HERE BUT I DID NOT STRESS EMPHASIS ON IT JUST GIVING AN OVER VIEW.

GUY UNDERSTAND SOMETHING HERE RELIGION TEACHES US WAY OF LIFE UNDERSTAND.
AND HERE IN NIGERIA THERE IS NO ANY RELIGION THAT PERMIT INDECENT DRESSING AMONG WOMEN.

WE HAVE TO RESPECT OUR RELIGION AND CULTURE IN OTHER FOR US TO MOVE FORWARD.
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by romeo(m): 4:35pm On Aug 06, 2007
nurexg:

@big spif
GUY TAKE TIME TO READ THE POST CAREFULLY , BEFORE SAYING SOME ONE JUST POST A LINK FOR SOME RELIGIOUS AND TRIBAL WHATEVER. SOMEONE IN THE ROOM ASK FOR A FACT AND THE FACT WAS GIVING TO HIM. YES I DO MENTION RELIGION HERE BUT I DID NOT STRESS EMPHASIS ON IT JUST GIVING AN OVER VIEW.

GUY UNDERSTAND SOMETHING HERE RELIGION TEACHES US WAY OF LIFE UNDERSTAND.
AND HERE IN NIGERIA THERE IS NO ANY RELIGION THAT PERMIT INDECENT DRESSING AMONG WOMEN.

WE HAVE TO RESPECT OUR RELIGION AND CULTURE IN OTHER FOR US TO MOVE FORWARD.

hmm i doubt if we are making a head way in this country with this kind of "set backs"
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by PTH(m): 4:45pm On Aug 06, 2007
mikeansy:

Who is the commissioner of police in Benue and what is his religion.

this is the question we should all be asking and stop belabouring the politically correct "o it has nothing to do with sharia" point.
The police commissioners in Benue and Lagos are NOT answerable to the "95%" christians in those states!
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by cutebabe: 4:58pm On Aug 06, 2007
I HAVE TO SHINE MY EYE WELL WELL TO READ THIS POST O.

GINI, SO TROUSER IS INDECENT?!

LET SOMEBORY CORRECT ME SHARPISH THAT THIS NOT WHAT BENUE STATE IS DOING
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by kayusfemo: 5:00pm On Aug 06, 2007
romeo:

hmm i doubt if we are making a head way in this country with this kind of "set backs"

Pls we should forget about religion. u talk as if christianity has no Moral value.
Have u forgoting that these girls has being harassing our human rigth, that is
they sedues we men in the sreat. It si good to stop them grin
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by denex: 5:27pm On Aug 06, 2007
Let's impeach Fashola.

This Benue governor no get levels. Let's impeach Fashola and teach all Nigerian governors a lesson.
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by ayolom: 5:28pm On Aug 06, 2007
A good step in the right direction!!

However there are other important things to be done to improve welfare in the state.

I refuse to be distracted by this singular act.
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by Joey82(m): 6:11pm On Aug 06, 2007
Though I presently do not live in Benue State, it is where I come from and we're predominantly christians. Its quite unfortunate how this thread tend out to blaming islam over what is happening. Though not in support of the dress code shit, I feel d whole exercise is got no religious backing. It is carried out under the pretext of socio-moral conduct. Therefore the issue of islam cum christianity, northerner or southerner shouldn't even arise.
What I suggest is women in d elite class should stand up now and fight 4 their rights. The same women activist who fight female circumcision and other ills against women shold stand to fight this one to a finish.
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by denex: 6:57pm On Aug 06, 2007
Let's Impeach Fashola. I don't know what y'all are waiting for.
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by romeo(m): 7:35pm On Aug 06, 2007
kayusfemo:

Please we should forget about religion. u talk as if christianity has no Moral value.
Have u forgoting that these girls has being harassing our human rigth, that is
they sedues we men in the sreat. It si good to stop them grin

I am sure what you read is a religious book and nothing else because your brain is locked

do you know what is human right?
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by Macutie(f): 7:51pm On Aug 06, 2007
Where will i go if that happens in lagos?

These states are going crazy!
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by redsun(m): 8:22pm On Aug 06, 2007
This animals should be resisted by all means,we don;t just need islamic madness added to problems we already have,it will set us back another 500years.
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by Seun(m): 8:24pm On Aug 06, 2007
When the government of Lagos state is arresting women for "bad dressing", who can stop the islamists?
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by redsun(m): 8:37pm On Aug 06, 2007
We don't want be like countries like pakistan,afganistan,iran and almost all the middle eastern countries including north africa,living in the past as if this is the age of mohammed.It is one thing to be poor,adding absolute stupidity to it will be a terrible nightmare.
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by LongOne1(m): 8:40pm On Aug 06, 2007
Yo, this my state that i luv so much is bringing me out again, WHAT D HELL IS WRONG WITH THIS STATE? From one controversy to the other, a state where u see sex written on all the inhabitants both the young and old. Men all the prayer wariors out there shld please pray for us.
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by redsun(m): 8:55pm On Aug 06, 2007
In as much as christianity is fake,it doesn't forcefully trample on citizen's fundamental human rights.Nigeria is a circular state,religion should be totally abolished or remain in the background.What we need is common sense,not ancient ideas that have no significance in the 21st century world.I bet if mohammed was alife today,he will be in the realm of people like bill gate because he was smart enough to initiate an ideology in his time,he was not a loser like most of his followers today.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Give FG 7-Day Ultimatum / There'll Be No Difference Btw Buhari And Atiku, Think Outside The Slavery Box / James Ibori Appointed As Patron Of ‘Former Governors Forum'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.