Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,929 members, 7,828,232 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture (86116 Views)

I’m Thinking Of Getting Married Because Of Sex, Says Juliana Olayode / The Deeper Life Lady I Want To Marry Doesn't Want To Know My Place / My Fiancee's Mum Doesn't Want Us To Marry Because Of My Tribe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by ZooOga: 7:37pm On Feb 08, 2023
Zikonna:

Watch your words please. Don't use that word to describe my girl.

That poster may be correct. Years ago a very popular 9ja singer was dating a very popular 9ja actress but his mom allegedly told him to not bring her into their family because of her loose reputation. He agreed with her wishes. He married anoda lady and is living a happy life today while the actress is an unmarried aging spinster with issues in her life. Of course I can't say any names on rumors and hearsay but I believe the gist.

1 Like

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by razible5384(m): 7:37pm On Feb 08, 2023
Samantha123:
Thank Goodness I wasn't raised by religious parents.

Anyways, the only advice I can give you is that you should follow your heart.

Marry who you love and not who your mother loves because you may end up being unhappy for the rest of your life in the name of making mama happy.

I'm sure your grandparents also warned her about your father, but she still chose to be with him.

She will be upset at first, but she'll eventually come around because she's your mother and she loves you, but if you want to break up with the love of your life because of mama, then the ball is in your court... Good luck.
that stuff is too short, esp for a chubby girl

1 Like

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by ConfidentialDoc: 7:37pm On Feb 08, 2023
You're just besotted by all the goodies you see in the photo. Your mum could be right.
Don't make a gf your wife
Don't make wife your gf
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Nobody: 7:38pm On Feb 08, 2023
Lol.. grin grin grin
Sixfeetbelle:

He isn't ready for marriage at all.

He should just continue to listen to his spiritual advisor until he's 40 and unmarried.
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by SirLakes: 7:40pm On Feb 08, 2023
Your babe wear olosho uniform grin

Go do your own findings about her... either into it or a wannabe woocuper grin....a responsible lady won't feel comfortable wearing bum shorts in public cheesy

6 Likes

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by feyisy86(m): 7:41pm On Feb 08, 2023
No be you carry matter come here?
Zikonna:

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Darkjudge24: 7:41pm On Feb 08, 2023
Nonexisting1:
Your mother saw more than the bum short, she is only using it as an excuse. Listen to the advice of your mother, she can never go wrong on this one because she is of the same gender. It's true that the world is changing but a Nigerian girl that wears that bum short comfortably in public is likely a coded runsgirl. If she is not, a good offer hasn't come her way yet. If you think your mother is wrong, pay a private investigator to follow your girlfriend for just one week to prove her wrong.
u are too timiid and naive to reason dat way
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by LANRYUS(m): 7:41pm On Feb 08, 2023
Nonexisting1:
Your mother saw more than the bum short, she is only using it as an excuse. Listen to the advice of your mother, she can never go wrong on this one because she is of the same gender. It's true that the world is changing but a Nigerian girl that wears that bum short comfortably in public is likely a coded runsgirl. If she is not, a good offer hasn't come her way yet. If you think your mother is wrong, pay a private investigator to follow your girlfriend for just one week to prove her wrong.

No need for private investigator. Just get a prankstar to do loyalty test on her. Chikena

3 Likes

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Benji84(m): 7:42pm On Feb 08, 2023
Jennyclay:
You brought this insult upon yourself, so enjoy the insult my dear! Yeye boyfriend!!

You need to grow up, you're not a man. Why would you allow your mother dictate for you? .undecided.

Biko, answer my following questions:

Is your girlfriend disrespecting you? undecided

Is she wasteful or lazy? undecided

Is she cheating on you? undecided

Very correct Questions.

Is good to hear advice from your mom but is not advisable for your mom to decide who to marry.
Dressing code is not justification for you to disqualify the girl from marriage.

First your mom should hear from you everything you know about her not seeing her dress code in the phone.

My last advice is that don't share what your mom said about her in case you end up getting married to her tomorrow,
only advice her to adjust her addressing code as a responsible lady.
Is she neglecting her duties as a wife to be? undecided

So why is you and your mother creating problem were there is none? undecided

There is absolutely nothing wrong with her dressing. Most times I dress like that to salon, market, restaurants, bank and malls.

Biko, don't allow your mother to use her hand to destroy the beautiful relationship you have your girlfriend oo!

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Monday60655(m): 7:42pm On Feb 08, 2023
You said your mother is a religious woman and raised you so. I doubt that part that you have been raised in the same manner.
Again if that's true of you, did pray and seek God's face before deciding to get married to her? And what did you hear from your creator? Many factors to be considered, your mother may be right though.
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by okoloto: 7:43pm On Feb 08, 2023
I don't think that this is an issue of over attachment or protective of an only child. What your mum sees seating down, even if you like climb a tree, you won't see it for now. Women are great in observations but love won't allow you to see now.
Ask her to tell you clearly her fears, there maybe other observations that she wouldn't want to tell you. Marriage nobi joke ooo

Try also to find out from another party of close family member why your dad abandoned his family. Clear your eyes make u no go enter bad marriage, it is the worst things that can happen to any man. Marriage is not only about love because love dey die ooo when bills begin to come grin
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by faceland: 7:43pm On Feb 08, 2023
My brother, she left the house with that pant? That is mistress and not wife material.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Nobody: 7:43pm On Feb 08, 2023
That's why it's important to take time to get to know someone in order to understand him or her before you can tell him or her that you love him or her.

And I'd like to believe that the op took his time.
Maobichek:

Marriage is not "boyfriend and girlfriend," most marriages that failed were the ones based/founded by love alone. Most couples who are divorced were like siemen twins when they started.

Existing/united marriage is more of "UNDERSTANDING" and not just "LOVE." Something will attract you to someone but with time, that may diminish or even vanish away but understanding is simply put: two "DIFFERENT" individuals working together towards a strong/sustainable relationship with the aim of a blissful future.

Love is important but when it comes to marriage, understanding is the most important feature, thank you.
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by omoadeleye(m): 7:44pm On Feb 08, 2023
Your mom doesn't want you to end up with a hoe.

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by shantti(m): 7:46pm On Feb 08, 2023
Bro in a society like Nigeria, what she is wearing is a no no. Don't Listen to all this ladies trying to emotionally guilt trip you. There is a way you dress in public, u r filled with infatuation and it's affecting your reasoning. Listen to ur mother

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by fof1: 7:46pm On Feb 08, 2023
Zikonna:
I need serious advice. I grew up an only child, raised by a single mum. My dad abandoned us as when I was a kid and few years later he died in an accident. My mum is the most important person in my life and I love and respect her. She is also a very religious woman and raised me so.

I am settled and ready to get married and I have met the woman I am sure is the one for me. My mum has met her once and although she had her reservations she wasn't opposed to it. But yesterday while going through my fiance's whatsapp status(bacause she has her number), she came across the picture below and because of it, she is now opposed to the marriage. According to her, she can't let her only child get married to a girl that wears bum shorts in public. She says "this sort of dressing is from the devil"

I have tried to explain to her that my girl isn't like that and she only wears clothes like that once in a while. My mum is still adamant. She wants me to end our relationship and find a "responsible woman"

I am currently torn between my mum and the woman I have decided to spend the rest of my life with. I am afraid that if I disobey my mother's instructions, it would lead to serious circumstances as she is also my spiritual mother.

I do not know what to do. Look at the picture below. I really don't see anything wrong. I cropped her face to maintain anonymity.

You know Ur Mother & Ur Girl More than Any on thus Platform Pls Obey Ur Body & Dont Send Her to her Early End. However, Patience for True Identity and Revealings of ur Girl will help ur Mum Change her Position. There should be no Pretences in ur Woman. Ur Mum Sees what U are Blind to at Present. Reconcile the two of them. Let ur Girl Also Moderate her Excesses in Outward Show...You don't See any Wrong bcoz You think U are in Love...Pls Be Circumspect and Let Moderation be Her Guide Always. Congrats,Pls
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by EmekaA125(m): 7:46pm On Feb 08, 2023
Samantha123:
Thank Goodness I wasn't raised by religious parents.

Anyways, the only advice I can give you is that you should follow your heart.

Marry who you love and not who your mother loves because you may end up being unhappy for the rest of your life in the name of making mama happy.

I'm sure your grandparents also warned her about your father, but she still chose to be with him.

She will be upset at first, but she'll eventually come around because she's your mother and she loves you, but if you want to break up with the love of your life because of mama, then the ball is in your court... Good luck.
Delete this comment immediately.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Mbenny(m): 7:48pm On Feb 08, 2023
Zikonna:
I need serious advice. I grew up an only child, raised by a single mum. My dad abandoned us as when I was a kid and few years later he died in an accident. My mum is the most important person in my life and I love and respect her. She is also a very religious woman and raised me so.

I am settled and ready to get married and I have met the woman I am sure is the one for me. My mum has met her once and although she had her reservations she wasn't opposed to it. But yesterday while going through my fiance's whatsapp status(bacause she has her number), she came across the picture below and because of it, she is now opposed to the marriage. According to her, she can't let her only child get married to a girl that wears bum shorts in public. She says "this sort of dressing is from the devil"

I have tried to explain to her that my girl isn't like that and she only wears clothes like that once in a while. My mum is still adamant. She wants me to end our relationship and find a "responsible woman"

I am currently torn between my mum and the woman I have decided to spend the rest of my life with. I am afraid that if I disobey my mother's instructions, it would lead to serious circumstances as she is also my spiritual mother.

I do not know what to do. Look at the picture below. I really don't see anything wrong. I cropped her face to maintain anonymity.
your mom is 100% right. how will she dress like this in the public.

4 Likes

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by RichAbujaGuy: 7:48pm On Feb 08, 2023
Mr. Op, pls don't be a Simp, just catch cruise and enjoy the bleeping while it last. And pls don't try to be a big boy on this upcoming Valentines Day. And that goes for the other 50 million NL simps stressing to show off with no return gift/s from the female gender.

Married guys, you are exempt, shower your wives with what you can afford if she brings peace and love to your being and home! wink
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by faceland: 7:48pm On Feb 08, 2023
Nonexisting1:

No private investigator needed, she is not read to settle down.

1 Like

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Bluesearoll(m): 7:49pm On Feb 08, 2023
Imagine her holding your kids in public dressed this way

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by MrColdsweat: 7:49pm On Feb 08, 2023
When she gives you another man's child to raise, you'll come back here to lament.

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by MeineMutter: 7:50pm On Feb 08, 2023

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by sonssyo: 7:50pm On Feb 08, 2023
Zikonna:

If she can wear this in public in a place like here, then she might be capable of having some element of infidelity in her, this is not a western world, kindly advise her to change this dressing of hers.
Marriage is more than breast and beauty, please educate her on this!

3 Likes

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by faceland: 7:50pm On Feb 08, 2023
fof1:

You know Ur Mother & Ur Girl More than Any on thus Platform Pls Obey Ur Body & Dont Send Her to her Early End. However, Patience for True Identity and Revealings of ur Girl will help ur Mum Change her Position. There should be no Pretences in ur Woman. Ur Mum Sees what U are Blind to at Present. Reconcile the two of them. Let ur Girl Also Moderate her Excesses in Outward Show...You don't See any Wrong bcoz You think U are in Love...Pls Be Circumspect and Let Moderation be Her Guide Always. Congrats,Pls

That looks like a hotel or mall. She dress like that then carry handbag to carry what?

She is advertising something.

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by ileanaju(m): 7:52pm On Feb 08, 2023
What your mum saw or sees may come to play 8 to 10 years from now! She is being intuitively intelligent!
Anyways, no action with out a reaction! Take your actions and cry alone when time comes!
... time may not come anyway! Life na dice!

1 Like

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by faceland: 7:53pm On Feb 08, 2023
qtguru:

Bro even men wear shorts cuz it's comfy, but maybe you should free the babe, and let your mom pick for you.

Men wear shorts but not "elastic underwear" like that in public.
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Moneyboyz: 7:53pm On Feb 08, 2023
Give me her number, let me help you speak some senses into your fiance.
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by PrincessofDSS(f): 7:54pm On Feb 08, 2023
Zikonna:

Ask your mom what she did to your dad you mama’s boy. The fear of what she did to your dad is the reason she’s scared of your girl. She feels the girl is gonna do the same to you
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Moneyboyz: 7:54pm On Feb 08, 2023
ileanaju:
What your mum saw or sees may come to play 8 to 10 years from now! She is being intuitively intelligent!
Anyways, no action with out a reaction! Take your actions and cry alone when time comes!
... time may not come anyway! Life na dice!

That's bullshít, old age doesn't come with wisdom, fools grow old too.
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Nobody: 7:56pm On Feb 08, 2023
Why
EmekaA125:

Delete this comment immediately.
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by ManAustin(m): 7:56pm On Feb 08, 2023
Find untouchable or floweboy make them prank her , u go then decide from there

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Six Joints Where Teenage Sex Workers Woo Men With Charms In Delta Uncovered / The Way A Guy Stylishly Touched This Lady In Public Has Caused Online Argument / 20 Pre-Wedding Photos That Shut Down The Internet - LubeyNaija

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.